PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] where is everyone?

optimusskids
2007-09-26, 07:25 PM
Is it me or has activity slowed down on the rpg.

Is it Labour day or exam season or super bowl or something?

redman prime
2007-09-27, 01:59 AM
nah, i've used all those already, so they're out.

I was waiting for something to happen to my cassette's, and for a month and a half, nothing did.

Clogs
2007-09-28, 09:03 PM
I need dynamism! I need exposition! I need to progress!

*Taps screen*

I know you're all out there...

optimusskids
2007-09-28, 10:18 PM
Thats right we can hear your breathing...

Skidmark
2007-09-29, 12:25 AM
I'm here.School work has been seriously slowing me down.:o

secretcode
2007-09-29, 12:43 AM
I've been having connection issues with the internets.

zigzagger
2007-10-04, 04:18 AM
Aside from the usual time constraints, the little ISS/Tzai Industries/etc side-story I have brewing in the Iacon thread just requires a lot of my time, though most of it is predetermined (I have a basic outline, etc, that I go by). The Protihex thread however hasn't been a problem for me, it is an excellent thread, though I'm still trying to work out a few developmental kinks with Groove (who would of though a pacifist would be so darn tricky to work with in a neutral zone?!!!). With Ratchet having recently arrived there (a character I care a great deal about), my Protihex posts will most likely become more and more productive and frequent. As for my Valvolux characters...hmmm. There's only so much I can do there (ahem...hint, hint) and chances are Prowl's detachment will have to head back to Iacon due to inactivity.
So, that's my story.

Warcry
2007-10-04, 06:15 AM
From the staff side of things, a lot of stuff has been tossed through a loop because we've lost half the team over the last three or four months. As much as we're trying to keep up with things, we just don't have all the manpower to do all the work we used to do.

Of course, since we're not constantly sending your guys out on missions, you guys have a bit more autonomy to do what you want with your characters than you would have a few months ago. Quite a few of you have taken advantage of that, and I really like to see that sort of initiative. :up:

But that means that our characters are spread out a lot more, and it becomes a lot more noticeable when even one or two people aren't posting. Instead of having one concentrated plot like we had during the Quintesson War or a handful of inter-related ones like we had on Earth, we've got over half a dozen plot threads taking off in different directions. And, you know...I kinda like that. :) But it means that every character is relying on a handful of other characters to keep their plotline going, and even one or two absences can have a big impact.

If you guys would like, we can try to figure some way to boost things. But I've got to warn you...it would probably involve dragging a lot more characters together and spoiling the small-group adventures we're seeing now. :\

optimusskids
2007-10-04, 11:34 AM
That makes a lot of sense

As I said any one wanting their Con to be an intelligence agent just let me know or even their Autobot if they want to be a double agent.

Thanks Warcry for leting me go all Godfather and to introduce media scrutiny to the transformers universe.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Cosmos.

Clogs
2007-10-04, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Warcry
If you guys would like, we can try to figure some way to boost things. But I've got to warn you...it would probably involve dragging a lot more characters together and spoiling the small-group adventures we're seeing now. :\

I'd like to think that the situation has allowed us newbies to get in there and learn the ropes/cables... heh. It has certainly allowed me to make something out of Glyph, but I can see that I'm missing the opportunity for the personal interchanges I have seen going on in previous larger group action across several players.

There are also two major G1 plots with a whole lot of threads to be drawn together. Since they have common themes that should gradually work through, although I think the mods, reduced as they are, will have their work cut out to do the yanking (but I believe in you all!).

zigzagger
2007-10-06, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by optimusskids
As I said any one wanting their Con to be an intelligence agent just let me know or even their Autobot if they want to be a double agent.
Speaking of your side story, I'm not sure if you noticed, but Prowl's detachment, who has been scattered around Valvolux in surveillance outposts for a while now, is on to your character.

optimusskids
2007-10-08, 10:51 PM
Sorry about the delay Zigzagger , you sure you don't want to catch poor old "Gelli" Knight.

Also Chainclaw's come a knocking continuing the off and on saga of him wanting to train to become a medic.

zigzagger
2007-10-08, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by optimusskids
Sorry about the delay Zigzagger , you sure you don't want to catch poor old "Gelli" Knight.
Oh trust me, that was the original plan, but with all the drama happening in different locations, Prowl, Red Alert, and company needed to be moved elsewhere - it's just that, well, they've been inactive there for a quite awhile now :(. Of course, Prowl and Hot Spot were able to acquire a few bits of evidence from the lorry explosion, which means that side story can be continued elsewhere

Also Chainclaw's come a knocking continuing the off and on saga of him wanting to train to become a medic.
Really?!!! Neat. I've been wanting to do more of medic based story-lines. Though, keep in mind that First Aid has temporarily taken Ratchet's place at the IMR while he's away on disaster relief. Plus, it gives something else for First Aid to focus on rather than a angsty Blades. He definitely needs to be defined as more than Ratchet's apprentice.

Maximus Prime3
2007-10-09, 03:33 PM
i am back, had problems, but i need my people back

zigzagger
2007-10-09, 05:21 PM
Really? And who were your people? They may have already been claimed.

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Maximus Prime3
2007-10-09, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by zigzagger
Really? And who were your people? They may have already been claimed.

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. it was highbrow, browning, abominus, thrust, and ramjet, lost ramjet a long time ago, got new decepticons cause i want some fun as motormaster heck yes