PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Voices in my head.......

Heinrad
2008-02-13, 02:07 AM
Okay. I think we wind up with one of these threads now and then, but it doesn't look like we've had one for a bit.

Who do you think of as "voicing" your characters? Here's some of mine:

Ironhide, Optimus Prime, BBC: Peter Cullen(who else?)

Nightbeat: Pierce Brosnan
Muzzle: Don Johnson

Tracks: Mike McConnohie

Jetfire, Grimlock: Gregg Berger

Hot Rod: John Barrowman

Stepper: Clint Eastwood

Bludgeon: Alan Oppenheimer

Ravage: Alec Baldwin

Thundercracker: John Stephenson

redman prime
2008-02-13, 03:46 AM
that's kinda funny.

hrmmm..

Snapdragon would have to be pretty gravelly, like maybe a Sam Elliot, maybe.

Frenzy and rumble are different, though... Seth Green for Rumble and maybe someone like kid rock for Frenzy.

Starscream hasn't spoken yet, but someone nasally and highly obtrusive.

zigzagger
2008-02-13, 04:19 AM
Ooo, fun!

Axer – Michael Wincott

Blitzwing – I…I’m not sure just yet.

First Aid - Johny Depp as he was in Sleepy Hallow.

Ratchet - Gary Oldman

Red Alert – Robert Costanzo

Prowl – Michael Ian Black (at his most driest)

Blades – James Caan as Santonio ‘Sonny’ Corleone (and because Blades is a little ****er)

“The Tzai” - Keith David (you know, the guy who voiced Goliath in Gargoyles animated series and Spawn in the Spawn animated series )

Still stumped on Hot Spot, Groove and Streetwise

Warcry
2008-02-13, 05:00 AM
Oooh. Good topic. Been a while since someone posted something like this.

I don't see Astrotrain, Soundwave, Cyclonus, Ramjet, Megatron or Cosmos changing much from their cartoon incarnations.

It's hard to pick someone for Bluestreak because of the way I write him. He does a lot more stream-of-consciousness babbling than the cartoon version, and that voice just wouldn't work out well. David Hewlett could probably pull it off, but I'm not sure his voice has the right ring to it. :\

The only actor who could inject the right amounts of ruthlessness, moral ambiguity and sheer bastardishness into Spinister is Victor Garber.

Hubcap's characterization as an oily, untrustworthy scumbag would be complimented nicely by getting John Cassini to voice him.

If Crosshairs kept his cartoon voice he'd just be creepy (and awesome, but still...). Jeff Conaway's voice would fit perfectly with my version of the character.

Fort Max needs a voice that gives him an air of authority and respect, but one that can also be sympathetic when needed. Dennis Haysbert would fit the bill.

Smokescreen needs to sound superficially smooth, but calculating and devious underneath. Peter Wingfield could pull that off nicely.

Black Shadow is an understated Mafia boss, so I'd say that Al Pacino would be a perfect fit.

Scorponok, Snarl and Whirl...no clue.

optimusskids
2008-02-13, 07:17 AM
Landfill is a good natured slob so John Goodman

Scoop your ever efficent NCO Windsor Davis

Quickmix British scientist has to be Wilfrid Hyde-White

Chainclaw Brian Blessed

Wingspan would be Derek Jacobi as I Claudius

Chop Shop Peter Lorre

Doublecross Michael Caine & Sean Connery

Weirdwolf Frank OZ

The Media

I kind of cheated for some of them by basing them on charactrers from Drop the Dead Donkey

Hedge Robert Duncan

Dent Jeff Rawle

Cooper Ingrid Lacey

Daylight Stephen Tompkinson

Anchor David Swift

Airplay Meryl Streep

Daylight

Goes off to think on others

Sixswitch
2008-02-13, 08:02 AM
Scoop your ever efficent NCO Windsor Davis.

Hah!

Autobots! Never have I seen such a blatant display of poofery!

Sorry. Totally tangenial to the topic, but I couldn't resist.

-Ss

Heinrad
2008-02-13, 06:55 PM
And there's one I can't believe I forgot.....

Roadbuster: Toby Longworth(Judge Dredd in the Big Finish audio stuff)

Ravage
2008-02-13, 07:18 PM
I think Hatemonger would sound sick voiced by either Tommy Lee Jones or Hugo Weaving *sans tons of crap done to his voice like in the movie*.

secretcode
2008-02-16, 11:59 PM
I actually think that TF:Animated BB would be the voice of my Bumblebee, just a little more brash and less arrogant

Blackjack
2008-06-14, 05:39 AM
Ooo! Never knew that there was this great thread in here.

Blackjack, I think will be voiced by that guy that played G1 Swindle.

Detour voiced by... Shia LaBeouf!

Misfire his original voice actor.

Shrapnel his original voice actor.

Laserbeak... Heheh.

wyze2099
2008-09-23, 05:25 PM
Arcee - Susan Blu.

Punch/Counterpunch - John Moschitta voiced him in "The Rebirth", and I thought he did a neat job (it proved he could actually give inflections in his acting, rather than simply talk fast) ... but I don't think I really have his voice in my head when I'm writing his dialogue. I'm picturing someone more like Rino Romano, who could do his Peter Parker voice (from "Spider-Man Unlimited" and the Playstation Spider-Man games) for Punch and his Batman voice (from "The Batman") as Counterpunch.

Moonracer - I can't help but think of this character as Jubilee from the X-Men, and Danica McKellar did a pretty good job voicing her in "X-Men Legends". Either her or Tara Strong.

Bug Bite - I've completely based this character's personality on Baxter Stockman from the 2003-present Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. As a result, I have Scott Williams' voice in my head every time I write Bug Bite's dialogue.

Pileup - John DiMaggio voices Sandman in "The Spectacular Spider-Man" much the same way I portray Pileup: as a two-bit thug with a Brooklyn accent. He'll do.

Blackjack
2008-12-06, 03:44 AM
Laserbeak: Frank Welker. Who else?
Shrapnel: Frank Welker as he voiced Dr Claw.
Rumble, Windcharger, Cosmos and Bombshell: Can't see them really varying from their original voice actors...
Barrage: Probably the guy who did Beast Wars Inferno, as both of them are motherf***ing loyal 'destroy everything' insects. I always imagined him as having a deep voice.
Barricade: John Torturro.
Blurrrrrr: John Mossochitta (forgive the spelling), obviously when he talks fast. When he talks slowly, the voice of BM Thrust suits the bill. No idea for Haywire, though.
Afterburner: a Han Solo-type voice.
Broadside: Someone with a deep voice. Christian Bale (the Batman) or Ron Perlman (Clayface in Batman Animated) might work.
Starfall: Same voice actor w/ Animated Black Arachnia.
Tinker: No clue. Someone smooth talking maybe? John Moschitta? Jack Black?
Hyperdrive: When doing that little psychopath, I think of someone like the voice of Batman's Mr Freeze for him.
Road Hugger: Heath Ledger
Detour: Someone rather cowardy, and I think, ah, Shia LaBeouf fits the bill, as he has a more neutral (not tough, but not weak either) sorta voice.
Blackjack: Sean Connery or Al Pacino, I suppose. Although he's my 'main character', so to speak, I cannot visualize (or 'hear' him) when I write for him. Guess needs more trial-and-error.
Misfire: Gary Chalk. I think Misfire would have be a kind of smooth-sounding voice, in opposition to Aimless, which I imagined having a Waspinator/Cybertron Jolt squeaky voice.

Brave Maximus
2009-01-31, 08:49 PM
Ooooh good thread :D

Well.... once they actually speak:

Star Saber: Mamoru Miyano (Setsuna F Seiei - Gundam 00)... oh wait, he need to speak english... crap..

Star Saber: Ken Wantanabe (Sorry, something about his being the "Greatest Swordsman alive" and his new, almost amnisiac personality, coupled with his dreams and desires to be a hero - seem to me to be right out of a Chop Sockey flick. He needed one of those great voices, with an Asian touch to it. Ken Wantanabe has that older - but still hopeful voice. He's the guy from Last Samurai - my vision for Star Saber -, Dark Knight, Memoirs of a Geshia, etc)

Victory Leo:

Victory Saber:

Thunderclash: Morgan Freeman. Seriously - that good natured, but knowing and assured leader type of voice. They type of voice that even if he was BSing every last thing he said, you'd still follow the plan - because he sounds assured and knows what he's doing... Should be interesting as a drunken....

Heinrad
2009-08-27, 01:48 PM
Brief ressurection here for one purpose.

For those of us(and there probably are a few here) who weren't around for/never watched the original Knight Rider series, Peter Cullen provided the original voice for the Knight Automated Roving Robot(or KARR, if you prefer).

And yes, there may have been those of us who, having not seen the original, tuned in to the short-lived 2008 revival series for Cullen's voicing, once again of KARR.

I was really looking forward to the episode when I read about it, and thanks to the internet, I just watched it.

Ignoring the fact that while the story was technically the end of a multi-episode arc(which was something KARR deserved, although the execution lacked... well, KARR, really), they basically had Cullen doing his "Optimus Prime is not in his Happy Place" voice. Which, unfortunately, is not the KARR that BBC is based on.

Of course, the new series KARR, with the lack of screen time, didn't get the character development the original series gave him(in just one episode, mind you. Yes, I'm ignoring KITT vs KARR because they changed KARR from somebody who was a victim of what his creators designed him to be to a run of the mill bad guy. And Cullen didn't do the voice in that one.), so I can give them a little leeway.

The point of this simewhat longwinded mini-rant is that, foor those of you who feel like perusing the old threads, and run across BBC.... well, he sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upa2igs98_s

Classicor
2009-08-27, 02:51 PM
Hard to say right of the bat, but at least for Razorclaw, IŽd have him voiced by a growling Lance Henriksen...

Blackjack
2009-08-28, 08:05 AM
New characters:

Scorponok--I imagined Scorponok to be a rough yet sophisticated voice. Still haven't thought of the right voice actor to him, so... At least, he must be DEEP. Hugo Weaving? Frank Welker? Campbell Lane? Tony Todd?
Whirl--no idea. Hmm... Frank Welker again? He could do anybody. Yeah, Frank Welker, something staccato and a little modulized.
Repugnus-- dunno. No idea whatsoever. I've always imagined him as a rebel, with a sadistic, psychotic undertone and a more... cackly sound of voice. Any ideas?
Monocole--No idea as well. Someone sophisticated, I suppose, with the odd accent. Leonard Nimoy perhaps?

those of you who feel like perusing the old threads

That's me, actually... I'm reading through the Reclamation and Shadow War arcs, and currently at the point where Deliberata opened the Plasma Energy Chamber. Awesome work by all of you...

Springer85
2009-08-28, 11:20 AM
Scorponok--I imagined Scorponok to be a rough yet sophisticated voice. Still haven't thought of the right voice actor to him, so...

DC Douglas, who did voice work for Albert Wesker in Resident Evil 5 :)
At least that's what I am "hearing" when I read your posts :D

Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3HE7UEWsqU

Springer: The original voice actor, Neil Ross.

Pointblank: David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear saga.

Freeway: Don't know yet. Has to be a young sounding guy.

Landmine: Don't know yet either.

Octane: same story lol.

Blackjack
2009-08-28, 12:41 PM
Freeway: Don't know yet. Has to be a young sounding guy.

That guy who did BM Nightscream? What's his name... -checks TFWiki- Alessandro Juliani. Young enough, and has that 'annoying quality to him.

For Landmine, I'd imagine a rough guy but with a funny/cocky side to him, kinda, say... Clint Eastwood? Jess Harnell (movie Ironhide)?

Octane's G1 voice actor is kinda nice, IMO.

Springer85
2009-08-28, 01:01 PM
That guy who did BM Nightscream? What's his name... -checks TFWiki- Alessandro Juliani. Young enough, and has that 'annoying quality to him.

For Landmine, I'd imagine a rough guy but with a funny/cocky side to him, kinda, say... Clint Eastwood? Jess Harnell (movie Ironhide)?

Octane's G1 voice actor is kinda nice, IMO.

Yeah, Landmine would definately work with Jess Harnell :D That voice is "old" sounding enough for me, to still be a little young. (Ok, that probably made no sense, but to me it did :p)

I agree on Octane btw :up:

I'll have to look up what Nightscream sounds like. I'm afraid I haven't seen any Beast Machines episodes :o

Blackjack
2009-08-29, 11:55 AM
I'll have to look up what Nightscream sounds like. I'm afraid I haven't seen any Beast Machines episodes :o

The character and the robot mode sucks, but I like bat-mode Nightscream, and his voice is... youthful and has that annoying 'flavour' in it. But other than that (and the overall techno-organic plot) the series is fine.

For some reason I like Beast Machines... :glance:

Repugnus: Alec Willows; a.k.a. Beast Wars Tarantulas. But more with a hint of downright psychopathy. :p

grimkuz
2009-08-29, 12:21 PM
id get skylynx to be voiced over by mr denny crane himself (william shatner) mainly because william shatner can play the egotistical characters lol

fight n flight would be played by scot mcniel because i heard about him being able to switch voices like (snaps fingers) that! lmao

miked23
2009-09-05, 06:52 PM
When I think of Vindicator I usually think of him sounding a lot like Scourge from Transformers RiD.