PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Decepticon Civil War!

Warcry
2008-04-12, 05:50 AM
As you may have noticed by now, the Decepticons are having a tiny bit of internal friction. We'd like most of the Decepticon characters to fall into line on one side or the other, but we realize that not everyone has seen what both of these guys can do. Because of that, we figured it would be a good idea to give you guys a little primer on their individual histories.

Because the game is set post-2005, Megatron has been absent for most of the history of the game. His presence has loomed large, however, because many Decepticons still hold great personal loyalty for the commander who drove the Autobots off of Cybertron and forced them into hiding on two small moonbases and on Earth. Several Transformers claiming to be the real Megatron have shown themselves over the years. None of them have lasted very long, usually meeting a terrible death in short order. The current Megatron is reputedly the real one, although he has put forward no concrete proof of that. He seems to be at least as powerful as the original and possesses all of Megatron's vaunted leadership skills (no, really. Stop laughing) and memories. His return from the grave seems to have something to do with the Quintessons, but naturally he hasn't said much about that.

Gigatron, on the other hand, has been a prominant member of the Decepticon inner circle pretty much from day one. He served as Galvatron's executive officer for quite a while, then succeeded his friend as Decepticon leader after the second battle with Unicron. He held the Decepticons together through Thunderwing's insurrection, albeit with a strategy that was far less active than most of his underlings would have preferred. He was abducted during the Quintesson invasion (by one of the maybe-Megatrons mentioned above, as it happens), but escaped quickly and went back to serving Galvatron, who had come back and reunited the faction. After reestablishing themselves on Earth, the Decepticons began a campaign to wipe out the Autobots. Gigatron headed this up, allowing Galvatron to return to Cybertron to lead the fight against the Quintessons.

Although he initially cast himself as a regent ruling in Galvatron's stead, Gigatron slowly grew to consider himself Decepticon leader in his own right. He commanded the faction during their buildup on Earth, but failed to stamp out the Autobots. Instead, he was forced to enter into an uneasy alliance with them in order to move against the Quintessons on Cybertron. They succeeded, but Galvatron was nowhere to be found and Gigatron continued to reign as Decepticon leader. His people started to grow unsatisfied, however, when the Decepticons proved unable to extend their authority very far beyond the borders of Polyhex.

So, there you have it. Two leaders, both with a lot of good (well, evil) things going for them. It's up to you who your characters will side with and these choices don't have to be permanent, but I'd like everyone with any Decepticons in their roster to give it some thought.

redman prime
2008-04-18, 05:08 PM
wow, we have an RPG?

kidding, kidding. been busy, but I am leaning that the twins may indeed split, an old school north/south brother against brother thing.
but maybe not, too. :p

Snapdragon has nothing for megatron, really, So I think he's going to go giggy. that sounds funny in my head.

Starscream is... not doing anyhting for either of them at the moment.

Blackjack
2008-05-26, 05:10 AM
Hmmm....

Interesting...

I've gotten Shrapnel and Misfire to join up with Megs. Laserbeak is already at Megs even before I got him.

Blackjack and Detour has got nothing on either of them, but they're in Kaon, and Megs is headin' there, so let's see how this plays out.