PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Collapse: In the Presence of my Enemies (Protihex)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Warcry
2008-10-12, 03:55 AM
The utopian dreams of Protihex's founders have begun to crumble in the face of cruel reality. Cut off by choice from all of Cybertron's major powers, the city has become a haven for crime, violence an chaos. As high-profile would-be leaders fall one by one, the city's population divides into smaller and smaller groups led by those brave or stupid enough to try and bring some semblance of order to the ungoverned frontier.

Aero Blade
2008-10-12, 04:14 AM
Steelhaven

"Sorry, but Aero and I didn't get much exploration on the ship. He was out asleep in some temporary quarters for the whole trip, and I was keeping an optic on him. He woke up just in time for us to leave for the mission," Stratus replied to Shockwave's question as he followed along in the air. "I really don't know where anything is right now."

Templar Heights

Drugged as he was with the tranquilizer in his system, Aero Blade was too out of it to respond even if he had felt up for it, but he did absorb all the information, though it was a bit slower to process. Shank was playing the same game Torpedo had been doing, but Firewagon either wasn't interested in playing or wasn't in on it, and someone had finally let that crucial detail slip that he'd wanted for so long. Torpedo had obviously been watching when Aero Blade had been examining the destroyed device - he must have realized that he was a tech and wanted to get some work out of him.

At least that should mean they really don't mean to hurt me, but that also means their story for why they grabbed me was a laod of slag, like I knew it was in the begining.... Aero Blade thought silently to himself, slowly gathering his thoughts. What else are they lying about? Do they really intend to let me loose later, or have I been recruited and they're just trying to settle me in...?

grimkuz
2008-10-12, 04:53 AM
"Hold on i could be leading myself into a trap here" Skylynx thought for a moment and said to Shockwave, "actually Shockwave, they may need me over at Iacon, I'm going there so i shall see you around", nervously skylynx transformed into shuttle mode and flew out of there as fast as he could

(ooc: now onto iacon)

Warcry
2008-10-12, 05:05 AM
Templar Heights

Shank watched as Aero Blade continued to be drip-fed energon.

"I think he's been out long enough," he told the medic. "Wake him up."

Aero Blade
2008-10-12, 05:25 AM
Templar Heights

"He is," the doctor replied to Shank, his tone polite and with the utmost respect. He did however turn his attention back to the computer from before, continuing the energy feed but discontinuing the tranquilizer additive to Aero Blade's drained systems. "He had to be calmed down to not mess with his IV," The doctor explained.

Blackjack
2008-10-12, 06:44 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive watched as Doublecross landed outside their warehouse base. "Identify yourself or get vaporised." he said via communications.

Hailstorm said to Hyperdrive, "Ah, ah, ah.... Swindle told you to be friendly to him...."

"Shut up Hailstorm."

"Of course. And I for one follow you out of respect. But Onslaught, do you have any idea who sent these Reflectors? I am curious." Road hugger said to Onslaught.

optimusskids
2008-10-12, 07:47 AM
Outside Warehouse

"We are Doublecross"

"We are Doublecrossssss"

Two voices answered simultaneously.

13thScorpio
2008-10-12, 08:30 PM
Nuts,Industrial Bolts and Fastners

Pipeline,leaving the group again became Lt.Crunch.The drones heavy body pushed him into the Manufacturing District,coming first across Nuts.He transformed and walked into the factory,which showed little sign of doing it's job.He gave his ID to the gaurds and walked in.Needless to say,he was not satisfied.Going up to the main office,he knocked,planning to very much disturb Those inside.

Streets

"Do whatever needs to be done Mr.Mix."Gusher said,continuing to unload the plasteel with the drones. "Groove,if you don't mind,I need twenty foot lengths out of these.Stripper,on the spot with him,and Towline... you can get the drones lined up and ready on count for lifting."Towline nodded once again,and Stripper did all she could to contain another outburst.

Chip1123
2008-10-13, 12:47 PM
"So are either of you two the kind of bots who like to take bets?" Turbofire asked Wheelie and Mirage, trying to pass the time as they were making their long trip back to Iacon. "Figure we got some time to kill."

Clogs
2008-10-13, 02:02 PM
Steelhaven

Shockwave ducked.

That was putting it politely... He slammed himself back against the bulkhead as, giving only a brief warning, Skylynx made a break for it down the short access passage.

How illogical!, he thought to himself, then, Oh, dear - Mirage's party...

Regaining his equilibrillum and composure, Shockwave spoke to Stratus: "I shall locate a laboratory with metallurgical spectroscopy equipment and then return here, unless you are willing to accompany me?"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Airborne over Protihex limits

"Taking bets on what, Turbofire?" Mirage asked, concentrating on the ship's controls. He had already noted the flying platform would be heavy, but had not realised just how sluggish it was to the helm.

Wheelie flicked his poingard through a dazzling swirl and sheathed it. "No!" he said most definitely.

Chip1123
2008-10-13, 06:04 PM
"The time it takes to get there. If we'll come under fire. Whatever." Turbofire said to Mirage. "Anything to help pass the time."

optimusskids
2008-10-13, 08:56 PM
Approaching Warehouse

Chopshop flew carrying Beastbox towards the Warehouse . Chop Shops IFF beacon had located the nearest senior Decepticon.

As they flew Beastbox played back screams and sounds of battle.

Chop Shop grimaced

"Stop that now, you know that freaks me out."

Blackjack
2008-10-14, 08:12 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive mused at Doublecross' introduction. "Computer, identify."

His handheld computer crackled and spoke: "Doublecross.... Searching.... Searching.... One match found. Doublecross. Alligeance: Autobot. Subgroup: Monsterbot....." and babbled on more information.

Hyperdrive was little less than surprised. With an alternate mode like that, I could've sworn he's a Decep.

"Wait a sec." he told Doublecross on the line.

He dialed Bluestreak, "Hey Streaks, you know of a guy called Doublecross? He's coming this way. Should we fire?"

Clogs
2008-10-14, 01:52 PM
En route to Iacon

Mirage laughed softly. "Oh, Turbofire, I did not see you as a betting type of mech!" He coaxed a little more speed out of the platform and peered out of one side window towards the distant rise of Templar Heights, recalling he had an unfinished job there. When I return, he promised himself and said, "But we are all betting on the future of Cybertron, same as usual."

"Only bet we have ever made," Wheelie agreed, moving past Turbofire and into the cabin. "Only game we have ever played..."

------------------------------------------------------
Steelhaven

Turning to walk away from the medical bay, Shockwave reviewed the message sent to him by Razzle. It described a somewhat perverse methodology for obtaining leadership; not by force (the Decepticon way) or by possession of the Matrix (which appeared to be the Autobot way), but by display? Intrigued, he came to a decision:

'Please transmit further details of proposed campaign.'

optimusskids
2008-10-14, 05:28 PM
Protihex

Razzle turned to Dazzle.

"We've got a bite."

He started transmitting some more information.

"Shockwave you are operating in an alien environment in Protihex . All the Decepticons here are here by choice in order to get them to follow you, you need their respect. If they don't want to follow you they can just leave the city or go elsewhere the city. Their is nothing you can do about that. The Autobots would stop any display of force. You have a couple of selling points, a history of leadership and a proven war record but their others with similar qualifications Onslaught for example. Also longer term you could you wantto think about expanding your traditional powerbase and attracting Autobot support. Also recent research shows an influx of criminals which will want to run Protihex their way. I suggest we position you as tough on crime and on putting old grievances behind them. Focus group research suggests employing at least one Autobot in your inner circle. Once you have secured leadership of the Decepticons we will enter hase two with elections for overall leader."

mastasini
2008-10-14, 06:01 PM
Approaching Warehouse

Krok was somewhat slower then Chop Shop. He also didn't want to put to much attention to his group.

Warcry
2008-10-15, 04:15 AM
Templar Heights

"I meant that you should stop sedating him," Shank told the medic. "It's very difficult to have a substantive conversation with someone who's being chemically 'calmed down'."

Warehouse

"If I knew, Road Hugger, we would currently be occupied beating them into submission," Onslaught said.

"Nah," Bluestreak told Hyperdrive, "let him be. Doublecross is the quartermaster back in Iacon. I figured him and I could swing a few trades, get rid of some of the superfluous stuff we've got stocked up in here and trade it for something a bit more immediately useful...like energon and shanix. He's coming to help me finish up our inventory."

Swindle saw a light begin to flash on one of his consoles and turned to see the sensor readings that showed Chop Shop, Krok and the rest of their crew moving toward the warehouse.

"Well, howdy there," he said over a comm line. "What brings you guys to Combaticonland?"

optimusskids
2008-10-15, 06:05 AM
Warehouse

Cross nodded

"We will wait yessssssss."

~*~

Chop Shop responded to Swindle

"We decided to opt out of the civil war and we thought Protihex is the best option. Who's in charge round here?"

Blackjack
2008-10-15, 09:37 AM
Warehouse

"Got it." Hyperdrive said. His short-span attention meant that he thought Swindle would let Doublecross in if they could make a deal with the Monsterbot. And Bluestreak is going to do that.

"Doublecross, welcome to Combaticon territory. Sorry about the fuss, it's a security measure. I assume Bluestreak sent for you?" Hyperdrive said, putting front his best businessman voice.

To Hailstorm and Nightblade he said "Let's greet him."

"Greetings are fun. F-U-N. FUN! I love greetings. I also like JaAm! Hahahahaha!" (OOC: couldn't resist) the three of them flew down--well, Hyperdrive just jumped--to the ground.

"True..." Road Hugger said to Onslaught. "But as a strategist you surely have some idea who sent them?"

At this point Road Hugger's sensors showed that Hailstorm and Hyperdrive are on the ground.

"I think I'd better go check on Hyperdrive and Hailstorm. I don't really feel safe with Hyperdrive on the watch." Road Hugger transformed into his new vehicle mode--an Earthen lamborghini hybrid--Sweet. He thought as he sped out of the entrance.

Chip1123
2008-10-15, 12:47 PM
"Like i said, just helping pass the time. " Turbofire replied back, leaning back a little in his chair. "Ain't no regulation out there, that I'm aware of anyways, that says we can't have fun a little bit in the process. I mean, what's the point of saving this place if we can't even enjoy simple things like a long drive, an energon bath, etc." He asked Mirage and Wheelie.

optimusskids
2008-10-15, 07:03 PM
Warehouse

Double nodded

"The blocking of radio frequencies by modulation that's Jamming."

Cross: "Let's not get distracted we've got a job to do."

Double grinned "yes Jamming, lets forget Jamming."

Cross shook his head

"Sorry he gets distracted, were glad you like Jamming too."

Double: "Sssstreak called us for the audit now, we can do it anyhow."

Cross nodded:" and we will ssssee it through. We'll get you an inventory new, audit every nut and sssscrew."

Double: "Racking , we'll put it on racking the place will look brand new."

Cross hissed: "Yes rackin' -"

Double nodded

"We'll drag this place out if the past,
With brand new rackin'"

Cross nodded:

"With a computerised inventory that's gonna last."

Double agreed:

"Nothing's too big or too small, we're gonna inventory it all."

Cross nodded

"Nothing can be bought nor sold.
till the systems right ,In our task we must unite."

Double nodded

"We'll valuate to the last drop of gold."

Both

"In brand new rackin' (rackin', rackin', rackin')"

Aero Blade
2008-10-16, 03:50 AM
Templar Heights

"Sedatives put one to sleep, tranquilizers merely relax them, to insure they do not get overexcited," The doctor clarrified, as politely and respectfully as one could be in that situation. "The boy was administered a tranquilizer, which has been ceased. He should be fine to communicate, sir," he answered to Shank. The doctor then began to move away, to attend to other tasks a short distance away.

Steelhaven

Stratus for the moment wasn't too interested in holding conversation with Shockwave, but he continued to follow along with him, still at a relatively short distance away. He was still unsure of the familiar bot, but Aero usually wasn't wrong about bots he decided to trust, so he was willing to go with him for now. It wasn't as if he had anyone else right now...

zigzagger
2008-10-16, 04:49 AM
Streets

“Protectobot?” Groove replied to Pipeline. “No. Well, maybe in spirit, but no. The group disbanded sometime ago. Five unique, though sometimes conflicting personalities, each with their own pursuits in mind. There were other personal reasons, but I won’t bore you with those details, just that me, First Aid and, sigh, Blades no longer could operate as a team.” He paused as he went to secure one of the skeletal structures attached to the pad Maximus lay upon, then resumed the conversation. “Why do you ask?”

Steelhaven

After the nearby monitor informed him that Wheelie, Mirage and Turbofire were well on their way, Ratchet went back to work. Cerebros’ repairs were nearing their completion as Ratchet attached and reconfigured the final internal component into the Headmaster’s exposed mid-section (OOC: he already did the appendages a few posts ago). All that there was left to be done was apply new paneling over the exposed area.
___

Glancing over a schematic of Cerebros’ body, Ratchet drew up a mental list, then dashed off to a nearby supply cabinet to retrieve the necessary alloys. While some of the crushed exterior parts could have easily been dinged-out and reshaped, which Ratchet was able to salvage a few areas for reuse, most paneling had to be replaced. He soon returned to his work station with a tall stack of marginally thick metal sheets and placed them down at his station. Reaching for a thermal cutter, Ratchet lifted up one sheet and began to cut and manipulate the metal in the appropriate shape, placed it down by Cerebros, and then moved on to another.
___

Before long, several small stacks of reshaped metal sat around the inert Headmaster’s body. One by one, Ratchet began to position, then weld the paneling to Cerebros’ body, proficiently but with remarkable speed. When done, Ratchet would pump the newly applied fuel-lines with fresh energon.

“Vitals still read out green,” Ratchet said to himself as checked the life support equipment fed into Cerebros’ body. “But, I wonder, where is Gusher and his crew? I’m almost done here. I hope there weren’t any problems.”

Blackjack
2008-10-16, 09:09 AM
Outside the Warehouse

Hyperdrive raised an eyebrow at Doublecross' little performance, but said nothing critical about it. "Nice... Nice..."

Hailstorm, meanwhile, was clapping like a little boy.

Hypedrive shook Doublecross' hand (if he has one) and said, "I am Hyperdrive. Come on, I'll take you to meet Bluestreak."

Road Hugger arrived and said in a friendly tone. "Who is this?"

"Doublecross. Bluestreak's friend. He's friendly, so bug off."

Road Hugger said, "Name's Road Hugger. Nice to meet you."

With Hailstorm and Road Hugger behind him, Hyperdrive led Doublecross into the warehouse.

Clogs
2008-10-16, 12:48 PM
En route to Iacon

"Ah, the good life," Mirage said with a wistful smile. “It was more fun before the War…”

Wheelie shrugged. "We'll have some fun/If enemies come," he noted. "While the skies keep clear/Someone may scan us here.”

“Point taken,” Mirage grunted, skilfully coaxing yet a little more speed out the platform. “We have no equipment for detecting a scan or any incoming threats.”

“Still want to bet?” Wheelie asked Turbofire. “We’re not safe yet.”

Steelhaven

Shockwave was impressed by the earnest and rapid delivery Razzle made; it was, in some parts, factual, and yet relied upon hearsay and conjecture. He was familiar with the use of propaganda (he had existed long enough to perceive its methodology as employed by the defunct Council of Elders, to say nothing of both Autobot and Decepticon factions).

’Information required: Who is indicating the intention to propose themselves as candidates for a leadership campaign?’ he radioed.

Shockwave then, glancing over a bulky shoulder back towards Stratus, pushed open a likely door and was gratified to have discovered the very kind of laboratory he required. The plethora of available equipment met with his tacit approval. Now, he would be able to process the metal shards of the gravity device Aero Blade’s kidnapper had used and, additionally, he could download for more critical analysis the datafiles he had prepared on the unknown spacebridge anomaly.

“This will take some time,” he explained to the smaller unit. “I will, therefore, proceed into Protihex to review the work on the new headquarters building.”

Chip1123
2008-10-16, 01:48 PM
"So we won't know anyone's there until it's too late, unless we happen to see them out one of the viewports. Lovely..." Turbofire said.

"How long till we make it to the Iacon borders?" He asked Mirage.

Despite his joking, Turbofire was quite conscious of Wheelie's warning. He had sent too many bots to early deactivation, and he didn't take his missions lightly.

Clogs
2008-10-16, 05:26 PM
En route to Iacon

"You might as well settle down by one of the windows and enjoy the view then, Turbofire," Mirage chuckled with the same grim humour the other had used. He checked a few monitors and flicked a switch. "I estimate we have about two cycles to the border proper. We will be circling over towards Praxis and, hopefully, away from any tracked routes."

Warcry
2008-10-17, 04:44 AM
Templar Heights

"If you want to keep your job," Shank told the medic, "let alone your life, I would suggest you don't try to argue semantics with me anymore."

Turning toward Aero Blade he said, "I'm not one for mincing words," he said. "You're my prisoner and if you annoy me, I'll have you shot. On the other hand, if you behave we'll take good care of you."

Warehouse

"I've got a good idea," Onslaught told Road Hugger. "One that bears investigation. But until I can prove it, we're not going to move on it. It wouldn't do for our enemies to know we're onto them until we're ready to eliminate them completely, after all."

"No one," Swindle told Chop Shop. "Not of the whole city, anyway. But Onslaught and me, and some buddies of ours, have set up shop in the warehouse district.

optimusskids
2008-10-17, 06:00 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross shook Hyperdrive's hand.

Cross spoke "let usssss find Bluesssssssssstreak."

Outside

Razzle replied to Shockwave

"our research shows that you are an ideal candidate for the role, you tick a lot of boxes, we just need to reposition you popularity wise."

Warehouse

Chop Shop replied to Swindle

"The Warehouse district hey.. Don't suppose you could use a hand . I've got Beastie and Krok with me."

mastasini
2008-10-17, 08:07 AM
Warehouse

Krok joined Swindle and Chop Shop "And don't forget Charger and Loadrun. 2 valuable soldiers" he added somewhat sarcastically

Clogs
2008-10-17, 08:22 AM
Steelhaven, laboratory

Having swiftly set his researches in motion, watched by Stratus, Shockwave briefly turned his attention to Razzle's message. An Earthen phrase sprang into his processing core and he sent back, 'I believe you are offering to leverage my synergy...?'

If he had said it aloud, there would have been a certain dry edge to even his vocalisation.

Blackjack
2008-10-17, 10:12 AM
Warehouse

(OOC: @ Warcry: Actually Road Hugger left the building to meet Hyperdrive and the others. I'll work it out. ;))

Road Hugger entered the warehouse and answered Onslaught, "Who do you think they are then?" Before Onslaught had the chance to answer, Hyperdrive had led Doublecross into the warehouse, with Hailstorm and Nightblade in tow.

"Doublecross, this is Onslaught, the Combaticon leader." Hyperdrive said.

Road Hugger motioned for Hailstorm. "Tell Bluestreak his pal is here."

Hailstorm obliged and moved towards the room where Bluestreak is in. He knocked and said, "Ooh Streaks... Your pal is here. Might be one, might be two, might be one plus two. Hahahahahahaha."

Chip1123
2008-10-17, 07:58 PM
Turbofire stopped his pacing and went to sit down at a window as Mirage had suggested. While it may be tiresome, it could end up saving their lives if the situation went bad, so Turbofire sat and watched, trying not to let the boredom get to him.

Aero Blade
2008-10-18, 04:21 AM
Templar Heights

"Given the options, I really don't have a choice to choose from," Aero Blade would answer to Shank, his tone quiet and still weary from the effects of the 'medicine' he had been recieving. "I'm just glad you're not trying to feed me that same, tired out story again. I won't make trouble if you don't give me plainly obvious lies like the other guy... I appear to have been stolen for my intelligence - please don't insult it."

Warcry
2008-10-18, 05:02 AM
Templar Heights

"Touche," Shank replied to Aero Blade. "But you're only half right. We didn't plan to take you at all. It was, shall we say, a happy accident. But now that you're here, you're going to have to earn your keep. The alternative -- where I let Firewagon pull your limbs off -- is probably not going to be very attractive to you."

Warehouse

(OOC: It would have been easier to just have them talk over the comm, no? ;) )

Onslaught nodded to Doublecross. "Welcome to our home, such as it is," he told the Autobot. He pointedly ignored Road Hugger's question, because he didn't want the ex-Micromaster or anyone else acting on his suspicions just yet. "You're here to work with Bluestreak on our inventory, I take it?"

"Good," Bluestreak told Hailstorm. "Send him my way and I'll put him to work.

"You can come," Swindle told Chop Shop. "But at the first sign of things disappearing, I'm going to pull your mandibles off. Got it?"

Blackjack
2008-10-18, 06:26 AM
Warehouse

(OOC: :p Makes sense...)

Hailstorm said gleefully to Bluestreak "Okey dokey. Hey Doublecross! Bluestreak's in this ole room and wants you to see him. Hahaha!"

Nightblade perched on Hailstorm's wings, looking interestedly at Doublecross.

Road Hugger, looking out a window, spotted something. Odd. He opened a comm to Swindle and said out of Doublecross' earshot. "Hey Swindle I observed a group of mechs with Decepticon energy signatures (OOC: Chop Shop and company) nearby. Should I escort them in?"

optimusskids
2008-10-18, 06:48 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded both heads

Cross answered

"Yessss thisss ssssuposssittion issss correctt."

~*~

Chop Shop replied

"like man I'm a changed mech, how about I ony make things dissapear that you tell me to make disappear."

Aero Blade
2008-10-18, 03:50 PM
Templar Heighs

Aero Blade gave a brief sigh, his systems begining to shut down again. This time it was simply from exhaustion, having been a long time since he'd rested, aside from his fainting earlier.

"I know how it works. I've been captured before," Aero answered to Shank, his tone started to drop off as he slowly drifted off again. "I won't make trouble if you don't treat me like I'm stupid...."

13thScorpio
2008-10-18, 05:49 PM
Streets

"Um....Gotta be quick when he's around."Gusher told Groove. "With what he's supervising,he's only a minute or two here to check the basics and then be gone again."He started laying sheets alongside the building as Quickmix finished anchoring the building.Towline had trouble with some of the sheets when the wind started to jump up,and was nearly sent sprawling,while Stripper shoved drones around.Considering what had been, the job was nearly complete.Once the sheeting was up,the last thing to worry about was the defenses.

"This is Gusher to Ratchet.Jobs nearly through here,and the big boss will be ready for your attention."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pipeline drove off from Nuts,Industrial Bolts and Fastners,having been completely ignored.He had the feeling this was going to happen at all of the places.

Warcry
2008-10-19, 05:03 AM
Templar Heights

"I sincerely doubt that," Shank told Aero Blade, "but we'll see. I'll stop by to see you again when you're feeling a bit better. For now, I want you to stay here and relax."

He headed for the door. Without turning back, he said, "Oh, and it goes without saying that I've got guards posted nearby. Don't make them do anything that you'll regret."

Warehouse

"Since I invited them, I don't think they need an escort," Swindle told Road Hugger. "Just point them in my direction when they get here."

Replying to Chop Shop, he said, "Yeah, that sounds good. But I'm gonna hold you to it."

Blackjack
2008-10-19, 07:15 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive said to Doublecross "Bluestreak is in that room. The one with big locks."

Road Hugger got out the door and transformed and headed in the direction of Chop Shop and the others. Upon reaching them he transformed into robot mode and said, "Welcome! You have been invited by Swindle I take it?"

optimusskids
2008-10-20, 06:21 AM
Streets

Quickmix put the finishing touches to his job

Warehouse

Doublecross headed into the room where Bluestreak was located

"Thanksssssssss Hyperdrive."

~*~

Chop Shop nodded

"thats right man , Swindle the mech."

mastasini
2008-10-20, 10:32 AM
warehouse

Krok, Charger and Loadrun followed Chop Shop.
"Nice place they got here..." Charger mused to Loadrun.

Blackjack
2008-10-20, 11:32 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive replied to Doublecross "You're welcome." before moving away and meeting Hailstorm. "Come on madman, let's secure the security systems."

"MADMAN? ME? HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Hailstorm laughed. "You state the obvious, Microman!"

"I am not a Microman. I am an ex-Micromaster." Hyperdrive stated flatly.

The two moved towards a corridor and Hailstorm begin placing laser tripwires--enough to stop a cadre of Micromasters--on it.

Road Hugger shook hands with Chop Shop, "Nice to meet you again Insecticon. Come. All of you." He gestured to Beastbox, Charger, Loadrun and Krok to follow as he led them into the Warehouse. "You are expected by my boss."

Aero Blade
2008-10-21, 04:18 AM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade shut down his optics again without giving Shank a response, but his processor was still working a bit, not yet having settled down to sleep. They keep emphasizing the guards quite a bit. They must think, or suspect, me to be valuable. It's going to be very hard to get out of here, especially after they've seen me work... Aero considered silently, eventually drifting away as he started to shut down again. I won't be able to get out of here on my own...

Steelhaven, Labratory

Stratus was alternating between watching Shockwave and monitoring the computer that he had set up, for the time being remaining silent. He wanted to talk to the Decepticon a bit, having no-one else at the moment, but he had no idea what to say or talk about, and he didn't really have any questions. What he really wanted to do was find Aero, but there wasn't much chance of that on his own, and Shockwave seemed to be doing the best that he could right now. I'll just have to ride it out and see how things go... he decided to himself.

Warcry
2008-10-21, 05:34 AM
Warehouse

Bluestreak waved to Doublecross as he saw him coming. "Good to see you. Or, uh...good to see the two of you? I'm never quite sure which one you prefer, you know? Anyway, this is the place. Just chalk-full of weapons, ammo, supplies and a bunch of other stuff that we won't be able to use in a million years."

He led the Monsterbot far enough away from the Decepticons that they wouldn't be able to hear him, then said lowered his voice and said, "I figure we'll look like we're working for a bit, until they stop worrying that you're here to sabotage them."

Onslaught watched Road Hugger greeting Krok and his group, then strode away from his perch on the warehouse's upper floor into a small room where one of the warehouse's previous owners had set up a makeshift office.

The Combaticon leader made himself comfortable behind the primitive desk, then activated the room's computer terminal and started to type.

zigzagger
2008-10-21, 06:32 AM
Steelhaven

As Ratchet hunched over his patient, Gusher’s relayed his report via comlink.

“Good to hear, Gusher,” Ratchet replied. “I never doubted you. I’ll see you when you get here.”

---

After he welded the final piece of paneling onto Cerebros’ body, Ratchet stood back to admire his work.

“Hmm, not too shabby if do say so myself,” he nodded.

With the parts either mended or simply rebuilt, the Headmaster’s repairs were finally complete - from the external pressurized alloy housing, down the polymer sinew and cydrallics. All that was left was to pump Cerebros’ newly refurbished fuel lines with fresh energon.

Flipping open the compartment on the Headmaster’s torso, Ratchet pressed a few keys to prompt his patient’s reactivation, then attached a long tube to the exposed socket underneath. He hit the switch to the corresponding machine, stood back and watched as the piece of equipment filled Cerebros’ circuitry with the life sustaining fluid.

Ratchet glanced at Cerebros’ vital readings, hoping the body would reanimate, “Come on,” he coached. “Come on, give me a sign. Your crew needs you, and I won’t allow you to “become one with the well of sparks” on my watch.”

Blackjack
2008-10-23, 11:50 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive, bored, left Hailstorm and entered the room where Swindle is in and said "hey boss, a couple Deceps are on the bottom floor asking for you."

Hailstorm looked up from his work in time to see Road Hugger and Chop Shop's party enter. "Hel-lo! Welcome to Combaticon residence. Make sure you park your cars properly. A free non-transforming plastic toy for first entry-" Before the madman could utter another world, Road Hugger drove his gun near his face. "Pipe down. You got a job 'cause of me, and you better shut up if you want to keep it."

"Yessir..." hailstorm said, giving a comical salute to Road Hugger and moving to his duties.

"Now, I am curious as of to why we are honoured by your visit." Road Hugger turned to face the others whilst keeping an optic on Hailstorm.

optimusskids
2008-10-23, 10:03 PM
Abandoned Villa

Flathead lugged the mortar up the stairs.

thump, thump, thump

and into the attic he dragged the tarpaulin off the hole in the roof.

Too stupid to be a proper made mech, well they were going to eat his words oh yes he was going to show them that he was capable of

Carefuly he set up the mortar and started to adjust it so it would hit the Space Mafia compound.

13thScorpio
2008-10-23, 10:26 PM
Streets

With a staple gun as big as himself,Gusher began stapling on the sheets as Towline and several drones placed it on. "Faith eh?"He gave a gutteral laugh at Ratchet's wording. "Just as well I suppose.It's gonna work one way or another.Groove if you can keep these from flying off,thankyou.Mr.Mix,I thank you for your help,but I really having nothing else for you as of now,unless you wanna help Groove."The staple gun went off,and he pushed back.The damn thing had kickback.

Warcry
2008-10-24, 05:47 AM
Warehouse

"Send 'em up," Swindle told Hyperdrive without looking up from his work. "I'm expecting them. And don't call me 'boss', or Onslaught might get angry at you."

Blackjack
2008-10-24, 10:06 AM
warehouse

Hyperdrive said to Swindle, "Gotcha Swindle." He turned to Road Hugger."I'll babysit Hailstorm. Swindle wants them up."

Road HUgger said to Chop Shop and Krok (OOC: Assuming they're the highest ranking) "Let's go. Swindle awaits."

Road Hugger left Hyperdrive and Hailstorm and led the group to the room where Swindle is and knocked the door. Not waiting for an answer, he opened it. "Swindle, they're here!"

Chip1123
2008-10-24, 02:01 PM
Turbofire's thoughts were preoccupied as he was staring out the window of the transport. The trip was a long one, and they still had a good way to go. "Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to volunteer." he said jokingly to Mirage and Wheelie.

Warcry
2008-10-25, 04:25 AM
Warehouse

"Good," Swindle told Road Hugger. "Let them in, then step out and leave us alone for a bit, please. We've got to talk shop, the boys and me."

As he spoke, the Combaticon finished working at his computer, then smiled in satisfaction to himself -- while Hailstorm was here to upgrade the security hardware, it was down to Swindle that the system would know who it was -- and more importantly, wasn't supposed to kill. Namely, himself, Onslaught and anyone that those two considered trustworthy.

Now the question is...will the new guys make their way onto the list?

Blackjack
2008-10-25, 06:37 AM
Warehouse

"Okay." Road Hugger left Chop Shop's group and Swindle alone in the room.

Hyperdrive watched as Hailstorm replaced guns and death traps with more sophisticated ones. Pressure pads sensitive enough for a human, machineguns with auto-targetting devices, laser guns, and more.

it's funny how a madman and a little beast can work so fast and skillfully. Hyperdrive mused.

optimusskids
2008-10-25, 06:48 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop clattered into the room

"nice set up you've got here mate, lots of potential."

Warcry
2008-10-26, 05:00 AM
Warehouse

"I thought so," Swindle said, carefully watching Chop Shop to make sure the Insecticon didn't make off with anything vital. "That's why I wanted to set up shop here."

He gestured at the Insecticon and Krok. "So...you two came from Polyhex, you said? What's the situation like out there?"

optimusskids
2008-10-26, 09:43 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shops fingers lightly trailed over the workbench .

"it's bad , very bad. The fighting between Gigatron and Megs chewed up the city pretty good. Gigatron looted the industrial areas pretty thoroughly and the military annexe and space port were all but anihilated.

Trade has been disrupted too. We're only getting blockade runners from off planet. Ships fast enough to get past Trypticon.

There would I think be trading opportunities for a mech who could off load the cargo somewhere neutral and tranship it into Polyhex."

Abandoned Villa

Flathead dropped the first mortar bomb into the tube and crouched as it arced down towards Templar heights

optimusskids
2008-10-27, 08:34 PM
Streets

Two mechs walked down the street one squat and ferocious looking, the other lanky and languid.

The tall dissolute looking one approached Groove

"Do you know which blighters in charge here? names Protocol Autobot Diplomatic corps. Home office sent me out to check out how things are going , help set up a civil administration , that kind of thing without treading on the locals toes."

The second mech strode over confidently

"Keep on an eye on things also . Names Gunboat, military attache. We need to keep an eye on the locals ,clean things up I understand a very nasty crimina element has set up shop out here."

Warcry
2008-10-28, 05:01 AM
Warehouse

"Sounds like a smart plan," Swindle told Chop Shop. "'Course, it'll only work if Megs gets his hands on a city in good enough shape to actually do something with all this hypothetical stuff we'd be bringing in. Sounds like he's well on his way in Kaon, though."

"Of course, that's all well and good," the Combaticon told his visitors, "but I really gotta wonder...what good is it going to do in the long run? I mean, this whole 'not picking sides' thing is good for now, but eventually someone is going to decide they're tired of letting us run our own show, and they're going to take over the whole operation. What we need to do is make ourselves useful to all of the factions, so that we're in the good graces of whoever eventually takes this city for their own."

Templar Heights

Arrowhead watched in satisfaction as his newly-repaired autodefense grid swatted the incoming mortar out of the air.

It took a few seconds for him to realize that it was, in fact, an actual attack and not a scheduled test.

"Blast!" He ran to the nearest comm panel and punched in Shank's code. "Dammit, boss, we're drawing fire again!"

mastasini
2008-10-28, 12:00 PM
warehouse

“I agree” Krok interupted. “besides the benefit of a double profit I also still feel like a decepticon and we should advance our race further. Not let one side destroy the other” he continued “maybe that is a bit naïve considering the circumstances but the autobots are still our enemies and I still feel like a soldier for our race, not for an individual.”

Clogs
2008-10-28, 02:42 PM
Steelhaven, laboratory

Shockwave finished his final adjustments to the spectrographic analysis machine and placed a single shard of metal onto the examination plate. A flick of one switch and the sample was swallowed by the waiting black box of the energon bombardment array. Lights came on across the board in a quite satisfactory manner; the accelerator made a popping sound followed by a smoothly rising hum.

He turned his attention to Stratus, who sat watching in a desultory manner, and found again that strange streak of compassion nosing through the layers of logic required by the experiment. He said, "I apologise that I can do no more at this time to aid you in locating Aero Blade. I am now ready for my examination of the current Protihex reconstruction works. Are you still with me?"

Quietly, to himself, he asked whether Razzle was still with him. Perhaps the would-be personal campaign assistant was having to check up what was meant by leveraging synergy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Airborne

"We are entering Praxian airspace," Mirage said after checking a grid reference monitor on the flight panel of the carry platform. "Cheer up, Turbofire - it is quicker by air!"

Wheelie, peering out of the window on the opposite side to Turbofire's, relayed, "Fires on the horizon/Where are they from?"

"Well, you cannot see Darkmount from here," Mirage replied.

optimusskids
2008-10-28, 09:21 PM
Outside

Razzle grinned and then replied to Shockwave.

"I see you have some experience of the territory, its good to work with a professional. "

Warehouse

Doublecross nodded

"you worksss both asss sssingular and plural."

He produced a clipboard

"letsss loook busssssy."

~*~

Chop Shop looked pensive

"you know there is an alternative. We could make ourself more useful as a neutral than just another part of sombodies empire. Historically there have been neutral enclaves that survived by providing a service. For Example and here's an example i'm sure you'll know from earth we could be Cybertron's Switzerland."

Templar Heights

Flathead continued loading shells into his mortar sending them arcing towards the Mafia compound

13thScorpio
2008-10-29, 03:09 AM
Streets

At the arrival of Protocal and Gunboat,Gusher slid down from his work place,letting Towline,Stripper and the drones finish up the work.He heard something about a 'nasty crinimal' as he walked up,and stopped just a second,before coming up behind Groove and saluting the two.

"Captain 2nd class Gusher sirs.Autobot Corps of Engineering.Not technically in charge but in the infastructure and rebuilding.But second in command in the rebuilding process as it is,sirs."

Approaching Warehouse

With the same outcome in the other places of the manufacturing district,the embittered Pipeline came to a halt,rather surprised at the amount of sheer activity around the place.It had been a small blip of activity at best.

Perhaps,we step back,carefully,sir?Construct asked.

"Under normal circumstances,yes.But there are autobots there too."

So,the brilliant plan of just walking up?

"Bingo was his name-o."

That made no sense in context sir

"Shut up."

Warcry
2008-10-29, 06:01 AM
Warehouse

"Yeah, lets," Bluestreak agreed with Doublecross. He pulled out his datapad and pretended to make notes as he said in a low voice, "So...how exactly does one get rid of unwanted nukes?"

Swindle shrugged. "We could try, Chop Shop. But if you remember your Earth history, Switzerland has a massive, well-trained citizen reserve army and a powerful banking system that gorged itself on Nazi gold. We have neither. So what can we use to solidify our place in the Cybertronian order? What do we have that no one else does?"

Templar Heights

As Arrowhead dashed for Shank's office, the base's defence grid intercepted several more mortars above the complex and the sky lit up like a fireworks show.

"We've got trouble, boss," the young mechanic said as he ducked into the other mobster's office.

"Obviously," Shank said dryly.

optimusskids
2008-10-29, 06:56 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded

"well we've go a lot of ex warriors wandering around and space mafia shannix but I see your point.

I heard a rumour on the way in their getting the movie industry up and running ,no one else has that but I can't see it being enough to prevent an invasion. Although it might be worth getting a slice of that.

We have somewhere that Autobots and Cons can meet without killin geach other.

We could go into financial services. In the present state of confusion I'm sure we could acquire a controlling interest.

What else we have comparatively easy access to the Maganese mountains. Manganese is essential to iron and steel production by virtue of its sulfur-fixing, deoxidizing, and alloying properties.

Or what about a tax haven we could attract investment by offering tax breaks. Although we'd need to get one of us in charge."

Chop Shop glanced round the room at the possible candidates.

"its a thorny problem."
~*~

Doublecross grinned

"carefully, in the short term I think we need to ssssmuggle them sssomewhere sssafe such asss Iacon."

Streets

Gunboat nodded

"Corps of Engineering backbone of our army what."

Protocol glanced around

"We'll need a suitable building for the Consulate. 2-3 storey round a courtyard. Preferably detached on its own block . Any recommendations?"

Blackjack
2008-10-29, 08:16 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger again left Hyperdrive in charge of Hailstorm. He wandered around the warehouse, looking here and there. He was bored, but at least it wasn't Hyperdrive in his position. If he's bored, he'll blow up anything he sees. Dangerous. Honestly I never wanted to rebel against Blackjack. It was Hyperdrive. Surprising, eh? I myself hadn't even thought I'd respect Blackjack so much. But someone had to keep an eye on Hyperdrive...

He entered the room where Onslaught was and said, "What's cooking, boss?"

mastasini
2008-10-29, 11:29 AM
warehouse

“Maybe It would be a good idea to gather info about which parties are interested in our services” Krok mused “And we could already start to discretely build up muscle and gather a few extra soldiers? what do you guys think?”

Aero Blade
2008-10-29, 02:16 PM
Labratory, Steelhaven

"Yeah, I'm still here," Stratus answered to Shockwave. Kinda.... "Just trying to put things together, I guess. I'm still with you."

Templar Heights

Aero Blade began to come back online again, his systems having had enough down time to recouperate. He was still a bit disoriented as he became concious of the environment around him. Slag. Why couldn't the whole thing have been a dream...

Clogs
2008-10-29, 02:28 PM
Steelhaven, laboratory

"Good. Come then, Stratus. I welcome your independent observations."

Shockwave walked to the lab door, which opened obligingly, and out into the corridor beyond. Turning left, he headed towards the main complex entrance, and received Razzle's message.

'I have experience of Soundwave's skills,' he radioed back. Let Razzle contemplate that.

optimusskids
2008-10-29, 05:33 PM
outside

Razzle replied to Shockwave

"crude coercion and blackmail, mind probes. In comparision our service would be like a finely balanced rapier to Soundwaves cudgel. We would repackage you and sell you , mechs will want to vote for you not be forced into it. One volunteer is worht a thousand pressed mechs."

zigzagger
2008-10-31, 03:52 PM
Streets

Taking cue from Gusher, Groove cordially nodded to him and Gunboat.

As he listened to the two mechs speak, his audio receptors perked up when he heard the word "Diplomatic Corps".

"Diplomatic Corps?" Groove quickly said, genuinely curious. "I was sent here many solar cycles ago in an ambassadorial capacity myself. My name is Groove. Please, tell me more?"

---

Steelhaven

(OOC: Okay, since he no longer has a player, I am going to move Cerebros around. Ratchet's been waiting too for him to respond to his prompting)

As Ratchet gently coached him along, Cerebros' body finally showed the first subtle signs of reanimation.

"Yes, that's good," Ratchet said in a calmed voice. He unplugged the fuel line being fed into the Headmaster, then closed the exposed compartment on his chest before resuming eye contact. "You've been out for a while now."

"Ratchet? How..how did I get here?" Cerebros quietly asked, his vision slowly becoming clear. "What happened?"

"Now there's an interesting tale," Ratchet smiled. "It would seem someone in these parts has a vendetta against you. So, they, to put it rather bluntly, dropped a building you and your extended self, Maximus. Whatever the motivation behind that be, it is still unclear. Maximus is being exhumed as we speak and will be here shortly. I sent a convoy to Iacon to procure the necessary parts in order to repair your larger transtector self. Meanwhile, I've been keeping watch of the ship while you were offline. I'll give you further update once you've had some rest to allow you're body to adapt to the refurbishments and fresh new joints."

Warcry
2008-11-01, 05:52 AM
Warehouse

"I don't disagree," Bluestreak told Doublecross. "Right now, though, I'm less worried about where we'll send them in the end and a lot more concerned about how we'll get them out of the building. I mean, after all, they're kinda big and obvious-looking, and this place is crawling with Decepticons."

Swindle grinned. "Finding someone to put in charge is no problem," he told Chop Shop. "We've got Onslaught with us, and he's really good at what he does. He could organize a decent defence force to keep the place secure and keep the mobsters from running roughshod over us. And with him in charge, we could organize Protihex's economy however we wanted."

He nodded to Krok. "Discrete is good," he said. "And extra muscle is really good, if we can control it."

"I'm just thinking," Onslaught replied to Road Hugger with a distracted note in his voice.

Templar Heights

A low-level thug ducked into Shank's office and said, "Prisoner's waking up, chief."

"Thanks," Shank told him. Turning back to Arrowhead he said, monitor the defence grids. Try to find out where the attack is coming from, and when you do, get Firewagon to take a crew and level the place."

"Gotcha," Arrowhead replied.

optimusskids
2008-11-01, 09:16 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded twice.

"We make another exit with a rust ray rifle doors are not a problem, we either take them out the back or down into a sub level."

~*~

Chop Shop twirled a spanner idly in his fingers before sub spacing it.

" That sounds good , if he's up for it we're in the shannix. However what about the Autobots , what are they up to what are there plans for the region?"

~*~

Streets

Protocol nodded to Groove

"We're here to establish an official Autobot presence."

Gunboat interjected.

"High Council types want us to show the flag and try and bring some stability to the region."

Protocol nodded again

"we want to normalise this territory and help ensure that any civilian administraton is sympathetic to the Autobot cause thus ensuring a regular supply of strategic materials."

Gunboat smiled optics flashing

"Basically Protihex produces something we need and we want to make sure that whoevers in charge will keep supplying it."

13thScorpio
2008-11-02, 03:10 AM
Streets

"Primus,not to be rude sir,but wasn't Maximus a big enough flag to be stuck here?"Gusher asked Protocol. "His precense is hard to get around as is.As for a base,we really haven't gotten around to exploring this place to thoughrally.Pipeline will probably have some good idea's as to where to put up a base.Though our Corps HQ is made exactly for that reason and much like that.Courtyard,and Fort,though the courtyards a bit less then you'd probably like.You can set up shop there until we find you a good place.Just tell Construct Gusher sent you.He'llprobably listen."

Warehouse

Pipelines drone transformed,and he took on his Lt.Crunch persona,stomping up to the building as he watched a mech and a bird put up some obvious defenses.And some less then subtle ones.If not for being a sapper,he wouldn't have noticed.Then there were the Mechs on the roof,and armed.He was going to have fun...

Aero Blade
2008-11-02, 04:34 AM
Steelhaven

Stratus still wasn't quite comfortable with getting in too close to Shockwave, but he was quick to follow him as he left, making sure not to get too far away from the other mech as he moved on.

Templar Heights

His dissorientation fading, and much more energetic now, Aero Blade was quickly becoming irritated with realizing that he had been restrained, his processor not able to recall really what had occured to get him in that possition. He briefly considered trying to work is way out of the simple single strap holding him down, but he recalled his two chaperones nearby, and the veiled threat Shank had made about more in the nearby area.

Aero Blade glanced over at the two, trying to recall what he could about the two bruisers. Neither of them were very friendly, the understatement of the cycle, but Jitterbug had seemed a bit more balanced than Firewagon, if either of them could be called that... "Do you mind?" He called aloud to him.

optimusskids
2008-11-02, 08:52 AM
Streets

Protocol laughed

"aha aha aha yes He is certainly a very big flag, that's more Gunboats side of things though. Me I'm more concerned with setting up a government to help bring stability to the region."

Blackjack
2008-11-02, 09:19 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger said to Onslaught, "Think? Hmm? About what, exactly? Our to-be killers? Or about profits? Something I could help? 'Cause I'm bored."

Clogs
2008-11-03, 04:22 PM
Steelhaven, entance

Shockwave was amused by Razzle's obvious attempt at the hard sell - given that he had no recollection of any such Decepticon ever having been close to Soundwave. 'Ah, the rapier,' he radioed, thinking about other, equally sharp instruments he had seen in the Communication Officer's hands. 'You may meet with me at these co-ordinates...'

If this was going to come down to a dirty tricks campaign, Shockwave wanted in; he needed to keep Razzle from siding with someone else and destabilising Protihex even more.

To Stratus he said, "Please follow me." And launched skywards.

-------------------------------------------------------
Praxian airspace

"More trouble," Wheelie grunted. He half-turned to look towards Turbofire. "Just as long as we/No trouble for us see."

optimusskids
2008-11-03, 09:15 PM
Outside

Razzle turned to his companion and made an ok sign

"We've got a meeting ?"

Dazzle smiled his face lights flashing yellow.

"let's give them a show they'll never forget."

Razzle nodded

"I just love show business."

The 2 Decepticons set off the smaller fighter leading the bomber.

Warcry
2008-11-04, 05:43 AM
Warehouse

"They're doing work in the security grid," Bluestreak said to Doublecross, shaking his head. "I don't think we want to leave any conspicuous holes anywhere." He frowned. "Or at least, not anywhere they'll be able to see. I've sealed the door into the nuke room pretty tightly. We could cut through the floor and take 'em out through the sewer tunnels, I suppose."

"No clue," Swindle told Chop Shop. "But do-gooders that they are, eventually they'll have to be dealt with. If we can run the more heroic ones out of town or eliminate them entirely, we should be able to cow the lesser Autobots into falling into line with our rule."

"I'm not sure," Onslaught said slowly, as much to himself as to Road Hugger. "I've been investigating the Transformers we found here, and I think I know who sent them. What I'm trying to decide is how best to deal with them without upsetting other...constituencies of interest."

Templar Heights

"Yes, actually," Jitterbug said to Aero Blade, "I mind quite a bit."

Despite his words, he headed over to the Autobot's side and undid his bonds.

"Lucky for you, then, that I've got orders to take you up to Shank's office when you're awake. Come on."

optimusskids
2008-11-04, 07:14 AM
Warehouse

Double nodded

"the besst solution would be to fill the .whole room with quick drying concrete but it would be a little conspicuousssss."

~*~

Chop Shop discreetly sub spaced the spanner

"ok let's do this."

Aero Blade
2008-11-05, 03:04 AM
Templar Heights

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am," Aero Blade replied as he got up, not about to attempt hiding the sarcasm as he spoke to Jitterbug. He may have been their prisoner, and he intended on behaving, but he was not about to pretend to be anything less than a prisoner.

Steelhaven

"Not sure how much I can offer, aside from the tech stuff I picked up from my bot," Stratus answered to Shockwave, following along with him.

Warcry
2008-11-05, 05:33 AM
Warehouse

Bluestreak couldn't help but laugh at Doublecross's suggestion. "Yeah, that might be a tad suspicious," he conceded. "It might be worth it, though, to keep the weapons out of their hands. I would worry about them digging them out in the long run, though." He grinned. "Plus, well...I don't know about you, but I don't carry around a roomful of cement in subspace with me. We'd have to call in Quickmix."

"It's not that simple, though," Swindle told Chop Shop, oblivious or indifferent to the other Decepticon's petty theft. "We've got an idea of what we want to do, but the next question is...how do we actually do it?"

Templar Heights

"You could try," Jitterbug shrugged, "but I really couldn't care less."

He waved Aero Blade toward the door. "Get going."

optimusskids
2008-11-05, 07:06 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded

"First we need to persuade Onslaught to be in charge , then we need to figure out to how to get him there. Maybe some kind of election process we could rig."

~*~

Double thought for a moment

while Cross laughed

Double nodded slowly

"what do they think we have in here , whatever we do they're going to be suspicious if the contents of an entire room vanishes."

Cross " we could dispose of it as what you told them it was. Less suspicious that way ."

13thScorpio
2008-11-06, 02:33 AM
Streets

"I suppose the bots on the Steelhaven will know about the political situation around here then us.Maybe talk to the guy called Black Shadow,I had a nice little conversation with him.Though there seemed to be a lot of fighting going on,but I missed it..."And any thieving oppertuninty too."Ended up back on the Steelhaven after that."He told Protocol and shrugged. He turned back to look at the now completed building around Fortress.Everything was being packed up and sent back to the Corps HQ,and Stripper had already left,leaving the drones.He radioed Ratchet.

"He's all yours Doc."

Warehouse

Pipeline's shoulders fell,and his drone body copied him.He should have set off several alarms by now,but apperantly the wiring wasn't up.Looking around,he jammed a finger into the main door's code pass and sent a current into it,hoping to get attention from someone inside.

Aero Blade
2008-11-06, 03:29 AM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade didn't bother to answer Jitterbug, letting his unhabby mood and body language pass on the message instead. He went in the direction the larger bot had indicated, just wanting to get away from the current settings. Now alert enough to realize he was in a medical facility, and change of scenery would be for the better...

Clogs
2008-11-06, 09:16 AM
Streets

"You can offer much," Shockwave reassured Stratus as they cruised above the buildings. "There may be some behavioural activities units will not demonstrate in my immediate presence; I was, after all, a leading Decepticon figure for a considerable number of gigavorns. If you might monitor any adverse or problematical reactions, I would be grateful for feedback."

mastasini
2008-11-06, 10:10 AM
warehouse

Krok nodded "ok should I go around and get us some extra muscle?"
"And who are already with us at this moment? bots we can count on?"

Warcry
2008-11-08, 06:35 AM
Warehouse

"Not sure where you'd look for it," Swindle replied to Krok, "unless you want to try bringing in mobsters or Autobots. You're welcome to try, though."

He looked down at the security panel when a red light lit up and scowled at the sight of someone decidedly unfamiliar trying to access the warehouse's security setup. "Who do you think you are, trying to barge in uninvited?" he transmitted across the comm. After muting the line he said, "Krok, could you take some of your boys and deal with our guest, please? Violently, if need be."

He looked over at Chop Shop. "You and me, we'd better talk to the boss and convince him that he really wants to be the boss, eh?"

"I told them the room was full of radioactive waste from Quintesson experiments," Bluestreak told Doublecross. "Not even a lie, as far as that goes, and they all seemed very eager for me to lock it away after they heard that."

Templar Heights

Jitterbug led Aero Blade down a flight of stairs and back into Shank's office, where the administrator was having a heated discussion with Arrowhead. When he saw the two new arrivals, though, he held up his hand and cut off the other gangster.

"Glad to see you're back on your feet," he told Aero blandly. "Can we finish our discussion now?"

"Preferably before the mortar shells getting lobbed at us slip past our autodefences and kill us all," Arrowhead chipped in.

Blackjack
2008-11-08, 12:03 PM
Warehouse

Alarms blared as Pipeline tried getting in. Hailstorm and Road Hugger rushed to where it came from, and Road Hugger said coldly, "Identify yourself."

Hailstorm spouted more human humour, "We're agents 007 and Johny English! Mwahahaha! Say hello to mah little friends." Two guns leapt onto his hands.

13thScorpio
2008-11-08, 04:51 PM
Warehouse

Taking a step back,Pipeline watched as the alrams finally went off.Hell of a security system.The drones fingers coalsed,and from subspace came a huge work hammer,and he stood paitently.Then Hailstorm and Road Hugger came running up.The hammer swung up over the drones shoulder,and he calmly faced them as he saluted.

"Lt.Crunch,Autobot Corps of Engineers.007 and Jonny English eh?Pleased to make your aquaintence."He scrambled his brain as quickly as he was faced with substansail firepower.The drone body could only protect so much. "I'm here doing an inventory on all the warehouses in the area for stock.A contact within the city mentioned human foodstuffs within this warehouse.It has been much the same for all of them.Though,it seems this is going to be a new base of operations eh?"

optimusskids
2008-11-09, 12:47 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded

Cross grinned showing his teeth

"that's the way then . We demonstrate it radioactivity and they'll be falling over themselvessss to get rid of it. Sssshame we havent got any "mutant Sharkticons bodies or something bu tmaybe a rigged geigercounter will be ssssufficent proof."

~*~

Chop Shop nodded

"just think of it as another hard sell."

Aero Blade
2008-11-10, 03:26 AM
Templar Heights

"In the way of all honesty, I don't really care what you have to say," Aero Blade answered, managing to keep a polite tone to Shank. "Given my current predicament, though, I doubt I have a choice in the matter to do anything but listen."

optimusskids
2008-11-10, 07:11 AM
Rendezvous

Razzle and Dazzle reached the co-ordinates supplied by Shockwave.

Razzle faded into the background while Dazzle leaned against a building.

mastasini
2008-11-10, 10:26 AM
Warehouse

Krok nodded to swindle “Ok, gatoraider transform." his gun leaped into his hand. "Charger and loadrun come with me” they hurried to the warehouse, weapons drawn and ready to face the intruder. he was rather quick to do what Swindle asked, he noted to himself. Only because he was a soldier and wanted action.

Krok was about to say “if it’s an autobot shoot on sight. If it’s a decepticon hold fire until I say so” but he decided against. With the peace in this region between decepticons and autobots he wouldn’t want to ignite everything by shooting an autobot empty wandering in the warehouse looking for an energon cube. “hold fire until I say so.” He ordered his troops.

Clogs
2008-11-10, 01:16 PM
Airborne

The route he was following enabled Shockwave to take in a vast swathe of Protihex. He could see the crowded works around Fortress Maximus; the bright flashes of gunfire to the north; the numerous groups of mechs on the streets, milling and talking in total disregard of their original alliances; an unexpected plume of smoke from where he estimated Templar Heights to stand. He turned a little, heading for The Sterling Hotel.

"I have arranged to meet with a newcomer," he said to Stratus. "His presence is indicative of a power-struggle in the making - as are several occurances across the City. I wish to ascertain his usefulness."

Blackjack
2008-11-10, 01:26 PM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive gave a glare at the Micromaster (OOC: or ex-Micro, whichever works), but gave a colder glance at Hailstorm. "Hey. Johny English. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now. You let this guy walk in? And you call yourself a security director?"

"We're working baby, the alarm clocks' delayed when I fumble with the circuity. Nobody's perfect-" Hailstorm's words were cut short as Hyperdrive sent a bolt of bullets at Hailstorm's wings, leaving a big gaping hole. "WHOAAAH! AUGGH! Waranties expire yesterday, y'know?"

Nightblade, meanwhile gave a murderous shriek as he flew towards Hyperdrive. Without turning, Hyperdrive crushed the little draconic creature in his bare hands, threw it on the floor and used a leg to stamp it out of existence. "That will be your head if this happens again."

"Aye, captain Hook." Hailstorm said icily.

"And you are?" Hyperdrive turned to Pipeline, the mad and murderous glint still burning in his eyes, "Oh, by the way, I'm Hyperdrive."

Road Hugger had heard the shot and came rushing. "Krok? What was that?" Looking at Hyperdrive and Hailstorm he sighed. "shouldn't left the two together..."

Warcry
2008-11-11, 06:04 AM
Warehouse

"Why rig anything?" Bluestreak asked Doublecross. "I mean, the room is already filled with radioactive material, after all. If we just cracked open one of the bombs' fuel pods, we'd have a genuine radiation leak that they would be able to see with their own optic sensors."

"No time like the present, eh Chop Shop?" Swindle decided. "Krok and Road Hugger can handle our visitor, I'd wager. Now it's up to us to handle the boss. Just one thing." He crossed his arms in front of his chest. "If Onslaught sees you stealing, he'll kill you where you stand. So behave."

Templar Heights

"It's good that you've got spirit," Shank told Aero Blade. "But if you want to live longer than a few more hours, I suggest you adopt a more cooperative attitude."

He stared at his prisoner for a few seconds, then added, "I'll make this quick. You're an engineer of sorts. We're trying to make this area self-sufficient and eliminate all reliance on outside resources, but we don't have the technical staff to do it in good time. You'll help us, and in return we won't kill you. If you cooperate, we'll let you go when your work is done. If you don't, or if you try to escape or to sabotage our equipment, we'll start killing as many of your Autobot friends as we can, starting with your buddies Hound and Dirge and working our way down. And don't think we can't do it, either. Your commander's smoldering corpse is a strong symbol of just how deadly we can be when provoked."

Black Shadow set his yacht down in the neighbourhood square and turned to Cryotek.

"Have you picked out a location to set up your new lab?"

optimusskids
2008-11-11, 07:15 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded slowly

"a good point, it's jussst I'm not comfortable poking around in nuclear weaponsss, if you have the ssskilll go for it though."

~*~

Chop Shop grinned sheepishly and retrieved the spanner from subspace and replaced it.

"Force of habit, ok let's do it."

Blackjack
2008-11-11, 09:49 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger stepped up to where Hyperdrive, Hailstorm and Pipeline are. "Guys, step back."

Hyperdrive and Hailstorm moved away and made way for Road Hugger. Road Hugger looked at Nightblade's messy body and winced. Hyperdrive is soooo violent. He's getting out of hand.

"I am Road Hugger. This is Combaticon territory. State your business, and we shall deal." he gestured to Hailstorm, Hyperdrive, Krok and Charger.

"He's Lt. Crunch, I think." Hyperdrive said helpfully, "Autobot something or other, here to investigate our supplies and whatnot."

"Another one? Where do you guys find them?" Road Hugger said. "One of you--Doublecross I think, just came here, y'know." turning to his comm, he said, "Bluestreak, Swindle, Onslaught, we have a Lt. Crunch, here to do an inventory. Autobot alligeanced."

mastasini
2008-11-12, 10:25 AM
Warehouse
Krok moved forward "You mean any autobot can walk in here claiming to be an ‘inspector’?” he stepped forward “what proof do we have they are ‘legitimate’ inspectors?” eying the bots suspiciously.

Charger and Loadrun kept their blasters ready, looking at Hailstorm and hyperdrive what their reaction would be.

13thScorpio
2008-11-12, 04:40 PM
Warehouse

Pipeline listened as the names went off,and cracked a smile,while the drone face stayed absolutely serious.Calmly turning to Roadhugger,he gave a sigh.

"As stated before sir,to 007 and English,I am Lt.Crunch,Autobot Corps of Engineers.I'm doing routine inventory inspections to see what supplies can be found and bought within the city so we can rebuild.Warehouses are the logical step within that.I apologise for walking within new Combaticon territory,but if your Commander would be so kind as to leave an inventory list at the Corps HQ,the Commanders will thank you and leave you to go about your bussiness.Not that human foodstuffs much matter,but we know we have some space now."He set the hammer down in front of him,and watched the others.

(OOC: optimusskids,Sterling Hotels kinda...well,has been converted.Pipeline and most the ICC crew converted into a part of Corps HQ.Your boys are sitting in the middle of a construction zone. :))

Clogs
2008-11-12, 05:50 PM
The Sterling Hotel

With the silent Stratus still in tow, Shockwave descended towards the wide and busy entrance of what had been The Sterling Hotel where he could discern a mech leaning against the frontage corner. Logically, this would be Dazzle as he was (within tolerance) occupying the co-ordinates supplied; the other mechs in the locale were hurrying along with, obviously, jobs to be doing.

Feeling that he needed no personal introduction, Shockwave landed and asked the lone lingerer to confirm his name, adding, "And this is Stratus, who has kindly agreed to accompany me on a review of the City works."

optimusskids
2008-11-12, 07:48 PM
Outside the Sterling Hotel

Dazzles wing lights flickered on and off as he nodded to Shockwave.

"A pleasure to meet you, Dazzle ex- Decepticon Naval Air forces. Shall we adjourn to a more conducive location. Autobots seem to be remodelling our rendez-vous. "

Dazzle gestured to a Piano Bar located across the street.

"I understand Barrel-Roll's is adequate and quiet until the film mechs knock off for the day.

Warcry
2008-11-13, 06:18 AM
Warehouse

"I don't know," Bluestreak admitted to Doublecross. "If we wanted to use them I'm pretty sure I could figure it out. After all, I'm qualified on pretty much every weapon we Autobots make, up to the big antimatter torpedoes they used to load onto Ark-class ships. Tinkering with them is outside of my area of expertise, but we might be able to get in touch with someone who can, on the sly."

Replying, almost offhandedly, to Road Hugger, he said, "Never heard of the guy, myself. Does he have credentials?"

Onslaught scowled at Road Hugger's transmission. "Give him a fake inventory list and send him on his way," he said dismissively.

As he was talking, Swindle led Chop Shop into the room. "Hey, boss, you got a minute? We've got an idea we'd like to run by you."

"Oh, this should be interesting," Onslaught said, laughing slightly. "Do tell."

optimusskids
2008-11-13, 07:41 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded.

"Another Autobot might rouse there ssssssssuspicions."

~*~

Chop Shop nodded

Clogs
2008-11-13, 06:23 PM
Ouside The Sterling Hotel

Shockwave examined the window of the bar indicated by Dazzle and observed, "That establishment is new."

He recalled the empty buildings that had stood opposite the Hotel when he had first come here, most of them boarded-up and unwelcoming. Someone had worked extremely hard recently and had even, it was to be assumed, brought in an adequate supply of energon and other beverages. This interested him immensely; there would have to be suppliers and supply routes to enable the bar to continue providing a service, and they might be accessible for his immediate purposes...

optimusskids
2008-11-13, 07:12 PM
Outside the Sterling Hotel

Dazzle nodded

"Film business is bringing in investment and of course there's the Autobot aid that's being funneled in. Plus of course the criminal element is investing there ill-gotten gains."

Razzle slipped round the corner. He activated his camouflage and shifted to have Starscream's colouring with holo-projections of Dirge's wings.

He strolled back round th efront of the building.

Aero Blade
2008-11-14, 03:39 AM
Outside Sterling Hotel

Stratus hadn't found much to comment on, but with them new with a new bot, he was hanging much closer to Shockwave, him being a more familiar form. He watched Dazzle's changing trick with degrees of both curiosity and suspicion, not at all willing to trust this new mech yet.

Templar Heights

Aero Blade was doing his best to keep himself under control, but as Shank spoke, his own expression seemed to darken a bit, maybe even a bit determined almost as he absorbed the details. Shank had definitely done some research on him while he was out of it, or he wouldn't have such details on him and his friends.

"Since you've gone to the effort to find out that much about me, you should also know the last group to capture me found quite quickly that I don't care what happens to me, and I'm much more cooperative when threats aren't being cast at my friends," Aero Blade spoke, keeping his tone calm and respectful as he could, and forcing his expression to match it. "That noted, I have no intention of making trouble so long as I'm not being made to do anything that might endanger my allies, which from what you've expressed does not seem to be the case. I will cooperate with whatever you want me to do, but I'm not going to be able to force myself to pretend to be a happy prisoner. That'll have to happen on its own, in time."

Blackjack
2008-11-14, 01:26 PM
Warehouse

Road Hugger loomed over Pipeline, "Lt Crunch, our Autobot... acquitances... don't know anything about you. So either you're an impostor or you're a saboteour."

"Either way, you die." Hyperdrive raised his gun.

"Don't act hastily, Hyperdrive." Road Hugger said, "this is neutral territory. As much as I want to, he's probably correct, and if we kill without verification it'll prove disastrous."

Hailstorm chanted, "Gimme verification, King Arthur demands it."

Road Hugger glared at Hailstorm, "The name's Road Hugger, madman. Use it. Now, Crunch, what can you use to prove yourself?"

mastasini
2008-11-14, 02:02 PM
warehouse

“For primus sake road hugger!” Krok shouted “why not shoot him? Do you think autobots would keep an open door policy to us?”
He tried to open a channel to Swindle “Swindle, this is clearly a spy, or someone coming to steal our goods” “please provide confirmation so I can blast him to oblivion”

Loadrun intervened “ We could take him captive?”

13thScorpio
2008-11-14, 10:56 PM
Warehouse

"Shove it up your aft end."Pipeline told Krok. "Do you forget where we are?Protihex for Primus' sake.It's an all open door policy.Come to the Corps HQ if you want true open door policy.As soon as I serve my time with my army,I intend to move here and call this city my home.No alligence but for the city itself.As for creds,"He told Roadhugger. ,"here.And I don't expect your autobots to know who I am.Common soilder who you wouldn't give a second glance."He subbed the hammer back,and subbed out his army card and handed it to Roadhugger.

Lieutent Crunch
I.D. 2235760-0035
Engineer/Sapper

Corps HQ

Gusher made his way back into the HQ,glad a couple jobs were now done, and sentry drones took off to gaurd Fortress body.Too damn much tension here.

(OOC:BJ,it's kinda hard to loom over Pipes,he's inside a drone body and is at least Roadies height,I was hoping I'd explained it well enough,but apperantly not...oh well)

Blackjack
2008-11-15, 02:46 AM
Warehouse

(OOC: whoops, sorry, I misread...:p)

"For one thing, Krok, by killing him we'll upset our Autobot comrades." Road Hugger said, jerking a thumb towards the room where Bluestreak and Doublecross are in.

"Autobots, Decepticons, t'is a small world after all..." Hailstorm sung. "Ebony and Ivory~"

"Shut up." Road Hugger said. To Pipeline he said, "Lt. Crunch, hmm? Well, it's your lucky day. We won't kill you." Road Hugger took a datapad with a faux listing of inventory he had taken from Onslaught's office before and threw it to Pipeline. Road Hugger then pointed with a gun towards the exit. "Here's inventory. There's door. Kapish?"

Warcry
2008-11-16, 07:00 AM
Warehouse

"I really wasn't planning on bringing anyone else here," Bluestreak clarified to Doublecross, "just get them on the horn and have them explain to us how to handle ordnance like this. Either Crosshairs or Ironfist would be able to tell us what to do, I'll bet."

"Well, here's the thing, boss," Swindle told Onslaught. "We were hoping we could convince you to take charge of the city. After all, you're the only one here with a history of command who's held a command rank in both the Autobot and Decepticon forces, and-"

"And you think I would look the other way on your various illegal business ventures if you helped me achieve this lofty perch?"

"What? No! Not at all." Swindle realized that Onslaught wasn't buying a word of it, so he sighed and said, "Well, OK, maybe a little. But it would be for the greater good!"

He glanced over at Chop Shop as if to say, "Help me out here."

Replying to Krok he said, "Don't kill him unless he tries to force his way in. We don't want his buddies coming by to investigate and causing even more problems, do we? We could kill them too, certainly, but eventually we'll run out of places to store the corpses."

Templar Heights

"Your happiness isn't even remotely among my concerns," Shank told Aero Blade bluntly. "If you do what we ask, this will be over quickly and you'll be able to get back to your life. And absolutely nothing you do here will impact on your allies' wellbeing at all, unless they decide to join Governor's gang of criminals or try to assault this facility without provocation. That, at least, I can promise you."

optimusskids
2008-11-16, 10:20 AM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded

Cross spoke

"that makess ssssensssse."

~*~

Chop Shop looked up at Onslaught

"Swindle and I have been talking. We like the idea of an independent neutral city state. We're tired of fighting but we think without a strong leadership Protihex will be snapped up by Megatron or annexed by the Autobots. Look at all the effort the autobots are putting into rebuilding the city . Sooner or later they will want their pound of nuts and bolts. If they take over ,we'll be tolerated at best. If Megatron takes over, well I reckon Megatron isn't gonna welcome you Combaticons with Energon and promotions and the rest of us that avoided his little spat in Polyhex are gonna be at least mech non grata. We reckon that if you take charge we can have a state consisting of both Autobots and Decepticons. The we can work on our unique selling point to prevent us being snapped up in the future."

13thScorpio
2008-11-16, 09:06 PM
Warehouse

"Understood sir."He told Roadhugger."I thank you for your co-operation and for your gift of not killing me."He took the inventory and walked out,chuckling as he read it. "Get your security system fixed while your at it.Wirings loose or something,and your sensors seem dead."He walked out and on into the next warehouse,where he turned and went into it,completely jamming the security system.He walked in.

Where you at Gusher?

HQ,why?

Running warehouse inventory,not finding much,but a tidbit.Seems the Combaticons are back.New members too.

They don't cause trouble,we have no reason to bother them.Nor they us.

I know,but they have a warehouse that's being up and armed.And with what I'm getting,theres something worthwhile in it to be so damn well gaurded.It's either gonna help or harm the city.

Autobots with them?

Yeah.And they didn't seem happy about having any more coming in.We'll keep our distance for now.But since drones will be running in and out of here shortly,we can keep and eye on them.

All right.I'm taking a look at the owners on the warehouses,and most of them are in red and ready to be bought up.Cheap and easy,and we can get equipment down there anyways.We'll need space soon with more the ICC and Terms coming in.We buy?

We buy.We'll get this sorted out as we go.Later,work to do.

Blackjack
2008-11-17, 09:10 AM
Warehouse

"Go out." Road Hugger said simply to Pipeline with a cold stare. Turning to Hailstorm, he said, "and as for you two... Fix the security systems. Properly, now. Any further things like this and I'll have your head as a paperweight, understand?"

"Aye aye captain."

"Good. go." As Hailstorm went away, with Hyperdrive babysitting him again, Road Hugger turned to Krok, saying in a friendly tone, "So, Krok, since we're gonna be seeing each other for quite some time now, mind telling me where did you just come from?"

mastasini
2008-11-17, 12:00 PM
warehouse

Krok turned to Road Hugger “Finally a real decepticon.” He was really enjoyed to Road Hugger, which even surprised himself.
“I’ve been some places… It all started when I was second in command to Bludgeon when he ruled what was left of the decepticon Empire. When megatron re-took his place and disposed of Bludgeon I continued my career as a soldier. Later on I joined up the decepticons under scorponok to destroy the quints during the quint invasion where I got myself command over a small squad.” Krok was thinking if anything of this rank still remained. No matter as long as I’m loyal to myself he thought ”When the decepticons started fighting between themselves we came here with what was left of our troops.” He gestured to Charger and Loadrun. “And also Chop Shop who is still with swindle at the moment.”

Occ: a quick recap of Krok’s only comic appearance followed with his role in the Quintesson war.

Blackjack
2008-11-17, 01:37 PM
Warehouse

"Yes... I remembered that. You were second in command to Bludgeon, no? Must've been a powerful warrior, to be selected over his Mayhem pals..." Road Hugger grinned, "I feel we're going to get along quite well."

"Myself, I was built by Thunderwing to counterattack the Autobot Micromasters. Part of the second squad, along with Hyperdrive and Detour and my former leader Blackjack, we battled the Autobot Micros and later infiltrated the Ark, and recovered Megatron, I think. Has been quite some time."

"After a few battles here and there, our patrol was... banished, exiled and kicked out of Polyhex to Kaon by one of Gigatron's officers. Near the start of the Civil War, Hyperdrive got into a fight with Blackjack, and the patrol split. Honestly Jack ain't so bad, but someone had to watch out for Hyperdrive..."

Clogs
2008-11-17, 05:33 PM
Street outside Sterling Hotel

Shockwave, concentrating on Dazzle did not functionally observe Razzle camouflage, but he did pick up a fluctuation in the local electromagnetic spectrum and, as casually as his imposing bulk would allow for 'casual', turned to bow in facetious greeting to the newcomer. Oddly, he experienced a kind of pain at the recent necessity for personal low-level scanning - and the recognition that some Decepticons (and Autobots) never changed, even if they removed their sigils.

So: This was all for personal gain and not for the general good, exactly as he had calculated. 98% certainty, he thought with grim satisfaction.

"The only non-investing party would, therefore, appear to be the Decepticons," he said coolly, remembering Onslaught striking out with a small, mixed retinue and wishing to ascertain indirectly whether Dazzle had already had some involvement there.

optimusskids
2008-11-17, 07:17 PM
Street Outside Sterling Hotel

Razzle nodded a greeting.

"Pleased to finally meet you Shockwave, I'd prefer to discuss the finer details inside but as my colleague has mentioned various factions are investing in this city state and sooner or later they will want a return.

Even Autobots despite their cherished ideals have ulterior motives. As for Decepticons Megatron has already demonstrated his territorial ambitions in Kaon. Plus traditionally an invasion or military action provides a nice distraction for problems on the home front. I believe Polyhex is still recovering from the mini Civil War that Gigatron and Megatron fought out there and a military action here would distract the populace.

Also of course we are located next to Gigatrons base of operations so either Megatron might target us n order to establish a forward operating base or Gigatron will make a pre -emptive strike to counter this possibility.

Plus of course the criminal elements that have settled here are a threat in themselves but could also legitimise any Outside inteference as a crime fighting initiative.

Dazzle here has run the figures and we believe that you are the only logical choice to head up and help build a legitimate government....."

mastasini
2008-11-18, 12:10 PM
Warehouse

“Well I also look forward working with you…” When Krok noticed charger and Loadrun were sufficiently out of reach he came closer to Road hugger “Beware that loadrun fellow. We found him as a captive to the quints, but I don’t know where his loyalty lies. Probably some far away decepticon would-be-leader but he’s not a warrior like us. Charger on the other hand is a valuable decepticon soldier but don’t ask him to go subtle.” Krok grinned when he thought of Charger’s antics.
“How did you end up here Road Hugger? What happened to Blackjack?”

Clogs
2008-11-18, 01:47 PM

Shockwave repressed a disturbing urge to handclap at Dazzle's speech and the sarcastic exclamation bravo! fortunately jammed in his vocaliser. Of course, what had been said was all very much correct, including the logical decision that he, Shockwave, should himself present for election. Only... only... any projection he might calculate for success would have to include too many variables, too many illogical units like Megatron and Gigatron, neither of whom he wished to confront - yet - especially in light of the information the latter beamed to him some time ago.

"A legitimate government," he mused aloud. "That is exactly what Protihex requires in order to bring the disparate parts of its infrastructure together. It is particularly true if Protihex is to survive the future."

Sharply, he trained his monocular on Dazzle and added, "I wish to check these figures you have: Transmit."

Chip1123
2008-11-18, 04:31 PM
Turbofire looked over to Wheelie and Mirage and smiled. "Seems like Ratchet's warnings were for nothing. How much longer till Iacon?"

Clogs
2008-11-18, 05:37 PM
Enroute to Iacon

"Bored?" Mirage teased Turbofire.

Wheelie was slumped against his window, listlessly watching the scenery go past with nothing to break the monotony. "Looking out/Nothing about," he said. "Odd, isn't it? But you can feel the tension out there."

optimusskids
2008-11-18, 10:13 PM
Street Outside the Sterling Hotel

Dazzle nodded

"I will transmit the figures now would you prefer the raw data or my interpretations or both."

Razzle looked at Shockwave

"I suggest we remove ourselves to a more conducive location."

Chip1123
2008-11-18, 10:24 PM
"you could say that." Turbofire answered Mirage. "Just ready to get my feet back on the ground, and get back to the Steelhaven."

He turned to Wheelie, "Yes. Something is brewing, even if it isn't effecting us yet. More reason to get the mission done and get back."

Clogs
2008-11-19, 02:02 PM

"All data are required," Shockwave told Dazzle. "Your initial personal information draw-down will enable me to explore probability variations." He acknowledged Razzle. "This fuel replenishment establishment will be... suitable."

---------------------------------------------------------
Enroute to Iacon

Wheelie nodded grim agreement with Turbofire's words and looked over at Mirage.

"We are not far from Iacon, I think," Mirage said. He pointed out of the wide, curving front window of the flatbed transport. "Keep your optics open at maximum acuity and you might pick up the top of the Tower of Pion within a cycle or two."

optimusskids
2008-11-19, 05:18 PM
Outside Hotel

Dazzle nodded

"transmitting all data now."

Razzle opened the door and walked into the bar.

Chip1123
2008-11-19, 07:20 PM
"Never did like towers on bases." Turobfire said, "Always stood out as targets to me. 'Cons think so too. Remember the High Towers? Don't know if I have seen an attack that brutal in a long time. Course most of the 'bots there were unarmed. Still makes the energon run cold whenever I go near the place. Been a long while since I've been here though. I don't even think the memorial we built here is still standing" Turbofire said. "This area used to be so magnificent. Now... just another blasted casualty in our never-ending war."

(OOC: heading over to the Iacon thread finally!)

Aero Blade
2008-11-20, 04:00 AM
Templar Heights

Then since the feeling is mutual, I won't waste my time investing any effort into being pleasant... Aero Blade thought silently to himself, though he made a mental reminder not to go overboard. Tensions were gonna be thin already, he didn't want to push it too far too soon.

"Might I at least know who I've been strong-armed into employment for?" Aero Blade asked aloud towards Shank, a question of genuine curiosity. "There's normally a name to go with groups that are fairly organized."

Warcry
2008-11-20, 05:03 AM
Warehouse

"You got a secure commlink on you?" Bluestreak asked Doublecross. "I don't trust the building's comm system to not be bugged, you know?"

"It's an interesting proposition, at least," Onslaught admitted to Chop Shop, "but I don't see where I fit into the picture. What do you want from me?"

Templar Heights

"We're the Space Mafia, of course," Shank told Aero Blade flatly. "Now, if there are no more questions, you'll go with Firewagon and Arrowhead here and get to work."

Blackjack
2008-11-20, 12:40 PM
Warehouse

Road Hugger replied to Krok with a grin, "Thanks for the warning. I will keep an eye out for this Loadrun fella. Oh, and you should keep one out for Hailstorm too. He's useful but... unstable. He's part Junkion, you know. And as of the matter of how I got here... Well, Hyperdrive fought with Blackjack, like I told you. The patrol split up, and although I wanted to stay with Blackjack--he's a good leader although I will never admit it in front of his face--he reasoned that it would be good for me to try a leadership position for a while, and besides if Hyperdrive blows Protihex up it won't be good for our reputation. I've been told by Detour that they joined up with Megatron in Kaon."

Clogs
2008-11-20, 05:42 PM

"Data received," Shockwave said and moved after Razzle. "Facilitation must wait, though, until I have heard your proposals for this campaign." He paused at the doorway, assailed by unexpected chemical scents, and added, "Of course, this assumes it will be possible to establish some kind of electoral system?"

optimusskids
2008-11-21, 12:01 AM
Entering Barrelroll's Bar

Razzle nodded

"It will not be easy, but given the autobot presece a free and fair democratic election seems to be the only solution. Anything else would be rejected or overturned by them. Plus we will need to ensure that the burgeoning criminal element is kept in check."

Aero Blade
2008-11-21, 05:31 AM
Templar Heights

I'll remember that for the report when the Autobots get me out of here... Aero Blade thought silently, turning away from Shank and headed over to his 'escort'. The name was only vaugely familiar, but he was sure he'd heard it before associated with illegal activities. He'd have to keep track of as much information as he could while he was stuck here, in case the Autobots needed it for later...

Clogs
2008-11-21, 01:49 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

The new bar's interior was brightly lit. Practically everything was white, with that uncomfortable glare of newness no one dares actually touch. The only exception was the bar, which was one long, black statement; there was a small assortment of mechs gathered there, engaged in the serious business of imbibing elegant chemical cocktails.

Shockwave sampled the scents more attentively: principally new polymers and tags from the drinks, but there was an underlying hint of something a little more outre on offer. High-cut Syk, how predictable, he thought.

"The Autobots do not control Protihex," he said to Razzle. "Any attempts by them to regulate elections might be perceived as direct factional interference - and history has many lessons concerning the result of their well-intentioned 'assistance' in Neutral territory. That they may serve as a peace-keeping force is also questionable."

zigzagger
2008-11-21, 09:13 PM
Streets

~Earlier….much, much earlier~
(OOC: Eh heh, sorry about that :()

Several breems had passed after Fortress Maximus’ excavation, and as Gusher, along with the newly arrived Protocol and Gunboat parted ways, Groove stood idly by staring at the ruins of the fallen building. It reminded him that there were many more sites just like this throughout the city-state.

“Wait,” Groove called out to Protocol. “I would like to assist you, assuming you will accept my offer. Please, let me help.”

---

Steelhaven

Ratchet rubbed the back of head as Fortress Maximus’ body rolled into the med-bay on the large make-shift pad.

He had already known of the damage the transtector body had endured having earlier received a damage report, but upon seeing it in person, Ratchet became all too aware of the task ahead of him.

“Ho boy,” Ratchet paced around the large body.

Whe the war medic began to hook the Transector up to life support equipment, Cerebros entered the area, feeling rested up after his brief inactivity and strenuous repairs.

He stood by silently, staring at his larger counterpart, suddenly overcome with a sense of futility.

Looking up from his work, Ratchet noticed that Cerebros was watching, recognized the Headmaster’s expression, he himself having seen it many times prior on the faces of his comrades.

Climbing down from Fortress Maximus, he approached the somewhat despondent Headmaster, gently placing his hand on to his shoulder.

“I am afraid there is not much I can do until Wheelie, Mirage and Turbofire return. But fret not, my friend,” Ratchet told him consolingly. “Say, are you thirsty, Cerebros? I know I am. Come on, let’s you and I have a drink and chat. Primus knows we both need one.”

optimusskids
2008-11-21, 10:19 PM
Streets

Protocol stopped and swiveled on his heel.

He paused

"....Yes..."

~*~

Razzle motioned towards a booth at the back of the bar.

"They would have the moral imperative if they were defending a free democratic election. What we want to avoid is giving either Megatron or Gigatron a Causus Belli . However while the Autobots maintain a presence here it ensures that they will both think twice before invading . Megatron cannot afford to fight a war on 2 fronts. Plus if we held an election the Autobots laws state that they would protect our right to self determination and would protect us against outside invasion."

Abandoned Villa

Flathead finished boobytrapping all the doors and all three sets of stairs up to his perch and waited for the Mafioso to retaliate.

He lumbered over to te mortar and dropped anothershell into its barrell.

Warehouse

Doublecross nodded and shook his head

Double "We havea sssssecure com link."

Cross "but isss it sssecure enough."

Double. "If we transmit internally and ussse the lastesst Autobot encryptionss we should be fine yesss."

Cross "Which should we contact then or maybe both?"

Warcry
2008-11-22, 08:15 PM
Warehouse

"Hmmm...Iacon is equipped with better comm gear, but the 'Cons might be on the lookout for transmissions routed to there. Altihex, not so much," Bluestreak said. "On the other hand, Crosshairs will have more resources on-hand to deal with the problem, and he scares me a lot less than Ironfist. Always worry that the guy would shoot me as soon as talk to me, you know? Besides, weren't you and Crosshairs on the same crew at one time? He might be more willing to go out of his way to help us, eh, Doublecross?"

Templar Heights

Firewagon grumbled, then fell in behind the other two Transformers with an annoyed expression on his face.

Arrowhead, on the other hand, looked at Aero Blade with a nervous expression on his face. "So...you're an Autobot, I hear?"

Aero Blade
2008-11-23, 05:02 AM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade glanced briefly at Arrowhead as they moved through the building, not immediately answering him. He picked up on the nervousness in his tone easily, but he wasn't sure why the mafia member was acting that way, if it had to do with the tech or something else. "Why do you ask?"

Barrelroll's Bar

Stratus had been listening to the conversation, not understanding too much of it, but certain details caught his attention as he listened to the exchanges between Shockwave and Razzle. "Who would want to mess with the elections?"

optimusskids
2008-11-23, 10:21 AM
Barrelroll's Bar

Dazzle looked over at Stratus

"Our research shows at least two criminal gangs that have recently shown up in Protihex, plus there could be other factions of Decepticons who might run. There are even certain elements in the Autobots who might."

Clogs
2008-11-24, 02:28 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

"Your assessment is 83% probable, Razzle. The Autobot presence is useful in that regard." Shockwave paused, considering what Dazzle had told Stratus. "Cybertronian precident bars recognised criminal individuals from attempting an elected post."

He guaged the booth and, given the space between the banquette and table, opted to stand.

"I would find it a point of order should any serving Autobots put themselves forwards for election here. Protihex wishes to be an independent City and must have an independent Council of its own."

Yet, even as he said that, Shockwave wondered if it would remain possible in the longrun.

optimusskids
2008-11-24, 07:08 PM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded twice

Double blinked " We do have hisssstory , I'll contact him."

Doublecross opened a com link and then scrambled and encrypted it.

"Crosshairs are you recieving me."

Barrelroll's Bar

Razzle nodded "there is a high probability of success and the alternatives add a certain incentive."

Dazzle looked from Stratus to Shockwave.

"True , but there is nothing to prevent them setting up their own puppet with no obvious criminal links. As for the Autobots, well I have a feeling that many of the neutrals would side with them when it came to the crunch."

Clogs
2008-11-25, 01:42 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

"This speculation is fruitless," Shockwave said, leaning over to place his single hand on the table top and his modified left beside it, muzzle down. "Let us consider the facts as they present at this time. What is your proposed principle opening gambit towards establishing an election?"

He did not mean to loom over Razzle and Dazzle, but his large and angular form was now between where they sat and the booth spotlight.

optimusskids
2008-11-26, 12:30 AM
Barrelroll's Bar

Razzle leaned forward unphased by Shockwaves looming presence. Dazzle turned and his leigh light illuminated projecting an image onto the white wall of the bar.

Razzle started giving his presentation.

"First up we'll announce your intention to stand for election , there is a byelaw that says that any mech may announce his intention to run for election on the steps of city hall as long as he has been nominated by 4 mechs who have signed to say that he is a suitable candidate.

We'll run a press conference and then invite other candidates to stand. Then we'll have to put into place the infrastructure polling stations etc. I think we can rely on the Autobots to help out there and their sense of fair play will help keep the procedure honest although some factions are more honest than others."

Clogs
2008-11-26, 01:57 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

There had been recent moments when Shockwave regretted his lack of features and this - oh, this - was one of them. If he could have pulled a wry face, he would have; instead, only his dry tone carried, "Regretably, I understand what would have passed as the Protihex City Hall was destroyed with Cyclohex. It may be possible to identify a new structure and certify it, instead, although that might still prove difficult given the amount of reconstruction works. I shall leave the arrangements to you, Razzle."

He pulled himself up to his full height. "Stratus, would you accompany me. I intend to next visit the site where Fortress Maximus was damaged."

optimusskids
2008-11-26, 08:10 PM
BarrelRols Bar

Razzle smiled optics flashing

"Ah Shockwave the letter of the law is a wonderful thing, while the building itself is no more the steps remain leading up to, if somewhat worse for wear. We surveyed the site before we initiated contact with you. Now all we need is to find the 4 mechs to testify to your fitness to stand."

Clogs
2008-11-27, 02:19 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

"Indeed," Shockwave remarked, but whether he was remarking on Razzle's definition of the laws or the matter of the four supporters he left to the others' interpretation. He turned from the table to note that the mechs at the bar were watching him with guarded expressions; behind the bar stood a portly unit, neatly sprayed black and white to match the decor, who was somewhat nervously rearranging the small trays of complimentary nuts and bolts.

"You might wish to purchase drinks, gentlemechs," Shockwave said softly to Razzle and Dazzle. "But please - avoid the narcotics."

13thScorpio
2008-11-27, 03:59 PM
Warehouses

Pipeline finished his count in the first warehouse,making sure to mark off what he took for his own use.The Combaticons new base was a worrisome prospect,and there had to be a use for them.Everyone had a use.Even the idiots who had decided to start the shootout up at Templar.He walked out,resetting the security systems,and sending for security drones.He stamped the corps sign on it's door and walked to the next one.He stopped to stare at the city,shaking his head.This dream needed a damn start,possibly a kick start.Probably a few heads banged together in the process too.He took down the next security system,and walked in,and began to count again.

Corps HQ

With Construct,Gusher was systematically buying what he could,adding to what they already had.Had to use money to make money.Autobot High Command would not be happy with the spending,several million shanix already put in for commercails,and more being sunk into the broken city to get it on it's feet.The only good thing was that they could pull a profit due to the fabricator in the first level.Recycling was everything.

optimusskids
2008-11-27, 07:41 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

Razzle turned to the bar

" Two Jolt low grades and whatever these 2 gentlemechs would like."

He pointed to Shockwave and Stratus.

Warcry
2008-11-28, 05:49 AM
Warehouse

Crosshairs' voice cut across the airwaves, heavily filtered due to the distance and encryption. "I'm here. What's up?"

"Well...we kinda hoped you'd be in charge of it," Swindle told Onslaught.

"In charge of a criminal haven designed solely so the two of you can make shanix?" Onslaught asked Swindle and Chop Shop. "Surely there's more to it than that?"

Templar Heights

"Never met one before," Arrowhead shrugged, trying to be nonchalant but failing completely. He seemed to take a minute to look over Aero Blade.

"You're, well...not what I expected."

Blackjack
2008-11-28, 11:30 AM
Combaticon Warehouse

Road Hugger said to Krok, "So, anyway, it's been nice talking to you. I need to patrol around for a while. See ya around."

The ex-Micromaster walked away, and moved rather quickly to the exterior of the room Bluestreak and Doublecross are in. The two have been there for a suspiciously long time... and I don't really like that. Bluestreak technically outrank me, but...

He knocked at the locked door, and said the best helpful-sounding voice he could muster, "Hey guys, is there anything I can help you with?"

Clogs
2008-11-28, 02:24 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

"My inclusion in the order might be... advisable." Shockwave nodded to Razzle. "I understand that it is also acceptable to 'stand a round', yes?" He produced a card from his subspace pocket.

zigzagger
2008-11-29, 04:30 AM
Streets

“Oh, thank you so much,” Groove eagerly told Protocol.

He then stood by silently for a moment, waiting for possible direction. “Out of curiosity, where exactly are you headed off to anyway? Have you a base of operations? The Autobots stationed here might be able to assist you if you do not.”

(OOC: Sorry about the length (i.e. it’s shorter than usual). Just doing this now so I don't forget....even further. I’ll update with the Ratchet/Cerebros conversation shortly. I have to run.)

Warcry
2008-11-29, 06:26 AM
Warehouse

"Not really, no," Bluestreak told Road Hugger. He was nervous, but because of his usual rambling nature, it would be very hard to tell. "We're good, or at least we are for now, you know? But thanks for the offer. If we need any heavy lifting done, you'll be the first one I call."

optimusskids
2008-11-29, 11:35 PM
Warehouse

Doublecross paused

"Hold on We've got company."

he commed Crosshairs silently

~*~

Chop Shop nodded

"Well the Shanix are secondary, honestly it was just our best idea of a way of making Protihex too important to the various factions to invade. Anywa to protect us from Autobot interference the system would have to be fairly...."

Chop Shop paused

Honest, yeah I know, I know . Alhough there would be some legitimate money to be made, I'm sure .We like being able to be our own mechs. I'm tired of all the backbiting and paranoia in the Decepticons. Do you know what its like being an Insecticon, half of them want to kil you and the other half want to control or blackmail you."

~*~

Protocol nodded

"We are based out of our shuttle, the Sanction. Walk wit us we have a lot to discuss and you can help explain the geo-politic sitution here from a grass roots level."

Warcry
2008-11-30, 05:58 AM
Warehouse

"That reminds me of a unit I used to command," Onslaught said dryly. The expression on Swindle's face shortly thereafter was amusing, to say the least.

"But you make an interesting point, Chop Shop. I'm just not sure that anyone could unite all of the disparate groups in this city -- or even a majority of them -- under one flag without resorting to violence. Especially with the Space Mafia running rampant in their corner of the territory. The logistics of what you're suggesting would be staggering, to say the least."

Crosshairs replied to Doublecross' silent comm, "I can wait," he said.

Blackjack
2008-11-30, 06:58 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger replied to Bluestreak, "Well, if you need anything, just holler. See ya around, Streaks." as he walked away.

optimusskids
2008-12-01, 01:45 PM
Barrellroll's Bar

Razzle smiled.

"Thank You Shockwave let us drink to the success of our project."

Dazzle nodded

"Cheers."

He mumbled.

Clogs
2008-12-01, 05:16 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

Shockwave nodded. "I believe that some basic cocktail - preferably with non-explosive or corrosive ingredients - would be suitable." he said. "The selection I leave to you, Razzle. Consider it the first opportunity to display your social awareness to me."

He held out the card temptingly. "However, I shall take it extremely personally if you even attempt to abuse my goodwill in this."

Aero Blade
2008-12-01, 08:07 PM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade stared back at Arrowhead as the mafia bot looked him over while they walk. He wasn't necessarily sure if he liked where this was going... "What exactly were you expecting?"

Barrelroll's Bar

Stratus was becoming a bit bored with the 'pleasantries' being exchanged, growing antsy as the hung around. His thoughts were drifting back to his missing bot, but also considering all the info that he'd been hearing. He wondered if any of the groups they had been talking about might have ben responsible for taking his partner...

Growing a bit tired of hovering around, and maybe against his better judgement, Stratus found himself setting down on Shockwave's shoulder, for lack of any other better perch for the moment.

zigzagger
2008-12-02, 01:04 AM
Streets

"Sure. Happy to be of service," Groove answered Protocol. "What would you like to know first? So much has happened, even during the time of my arrival here. There is very little to say about Protihex's infrastructure, especially after that dreadful incident in Cyclohex, which, as a result, has caused several splinter factions throughout the region. I'm more or less here in an advisory capacity."

Warcry
2008-12-02, 05:59 AM
Warehouse

"Will do," Bluestreak told Roadhugger. "I appreciate it, not-so-little-anymore buddy. If we need a hand, we'll shout you."

Templar Heights

"I dunno, really," Arrowhead told Aero Blade. "Some boring, gun-toting soldier boy, I guess. That's sorta the image of you guys that makes the rounds in the underlevels, you know? According to the rumours, you're all a bunch of Grimlocks and Roadbusters, just waiting for an excuse to slag guys like me for stepping out of line."

He shrugged. "Well, obviously not. That's good to know."

optimusskids
2008-12-02, 01:54 PM
Barrel Rolls Bar

Razzle turned to the bar keep

"3 low grade Screwdrivers please and a mineral oil"

He turned to Shockwave

"We're professionals and on the clock, plus Dazzle does'nt do intoxicants he believes it effects his mental processes."

Clogs
2008-12-02, 02:13 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

"Very wise," Shockwave noted, inclining his head towards Dazzle.

He felt the unexpected weight of Stratus settling on his left shoulder and moved his heavy head a trifle so that the much smaller unit was within his optical range. "Patience," he murmured. "The first results of the tests will be automatically forwarded to me within the breem, but there are other ways of tracking information."

Accepting the metal goblet Razzle handed to him, he raised it towards Stratus.

optimusskids
2008-12-02, 10:42 PM
Barrel Rolls BAr

Dazzle takes his Mineral Oil and sips it.

Razzle smiles and raises his goblet.

"To the future."

Aero Blade
2008-12-03, 04:49 AM
Templar Heights

Part of Aero Blade was relieved, as for a moment he thought Arrowhead might have noticed something to peg the tech for what he really was... but as as the mafia member continued speaking, Aero instead found a growing sense of insult as he listened.

"You've been lied to," Aero Blade spoke pointedly after a moment, managing to keep a conversational tone with the other mech. "Only a rare few are like that. Most Autobots are much like myself, worker-type bots that have been forced to take up arms to fend off the Decepticons. There are some of the fanatical ones, but the vast majority of us are trying desperately for a peace that never seems to last long, due to Decepticons or other forces...."

Barrelroll's bar

Stratus did not react immediately when the beverage was presented to him. In actuality, he didn't trust the other two bots enough to ingest anything they brought to him, but he decided for the moment he should attempt to be polite, for Shockwave's sake if anything else.

"No thanks, I refueld reciently," Stratus offered in an even tone.

Warcry
2008-12-03, 05:18 AM
Templar Heights

"That's interesting," Arrowhead said, his voice a bit uncertain. "But if you don't want to fight, why do it?" He turned to face Aero Blade with confusion on his face. "I mean, I don't want to fight, and the same goes for most of the rest of the guys here. And we manage just fine most of the time."

optimusskids
2008-12-03, 05:32 PM
Barrel Roll's Bar

Dazzle flashed his lights.

"So Stratus is it . What's your specialities? What do you do?"

Razzle turned from the bar

"You sure I can get you some screws, bolts, nuts."

Aero Blade
2008-12-04, 03:14 AM
Barrelroll's Bar

Stratus didn't appreciate the sudden burst of attention on him, but he couldn't tell them that and remain polite, so instead he had to come up with a wayto answer them without actually having to answer them... Well it had been a while since he practiced being coy, he might as well get it in now.

"I do my job," Stratus answered to Dazzle. "It gets hard sometime, but then what doesn't." He then turned his attention to Razzle and his again offering of 'refreshments'. "Had some a while ago already, thanks."

Templar Heights

"Unfortunately the Decepticons won't leave us alone, and we can't morally just ignore them as they harrass other beings. We have ethics to uphold, and just sitting by while others do evil and do nothing about it is just as bad as doing it yourself," Aero Blade answered to Arrowhead. "You know, things like theft, kidnapping, slavery...."

He wasn't sure how bright a mech Arrowhead was, but he hoped his tone might at least catch his attention, a suttle reference to the predicament he was currently in. However, given how some of the mechs around here seemed to be treating Aero as though his abduction had been a favor to him, he couldn't be sure if his point would make it across.

Clogs
2008-12-04, 01:10 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

No, you did not, but old suspicions die hard, Stratus: Shockwave thought with something like grudging approval. Refraining from analysing the contents of the cocktail, he placed it on the table beside the second Razzle had left for him. He bowed shallowly.

"I have yet to visit any of the construction sites around Protihex as was my original intenion on leaving Steelhaven; I shall now, therefore, proceed to do so. You may, after these comestibles, wish to consider announcing the intention to hold elections. As the humans put it so aptly - we should strike while the metal is hot."

To Stratus he said deliberately, "Come. There is much to... discuss."

Turning away from the table, Shockwave allowed himself just a modicum of personal amusement: let them wonder how he would have ingested the beverage!

Warcry
2008-12-05, 04:39 AM
Templar Heights

"You say that, but here you are in a city that's doing a really good job of making both sides cooperate. Maybe the problem's on your side, too?" Arrowhead shrugged. "Not my problem. But if it was, I'd say that you really need to work on that knee-jerk hate you've got going on. You can't solve problems when you think the other side are irredeemable villains."

His expression when kidnapping and slavery came up became a bit confused; the young technician didn't know how his employers had gotten Aero Blade to work for them.

Aero Blade
2008-12-05, 05:21 AM
Barrelroll's Bar

"Just lead the way," Stratus answered to Shockwave, with just a trace of muted humor. Situated as he was on the larger bot, he need lead as much as the minicon follow - they'd arrive at the same time regardless.

Templar Heights

Aero Blade didn't bother to give response to Arrowhead's words, as it really was uneccessary. He'd already said his piece, and discussing factional politics and beliefs could be as much trouble as getting into religious sematics.

Aero Blade did however catch Arrowhead's confused look about his last statement, and that he wasn't going to let fall to the wayside. "Your boss laid out some very clear terms for my stay after I was dragged through a warpgate by another of his bruisers. So long as I work, I get to keep functioning, until my usefullness to this opperation is expended."

optimusskids
2008-12-05, 07:13 AM
Barrel Roll's Bar

Razzle nodded

"we can announce the elections no problem, we just need four mechs to propose you , me and Dazzle are 2 . Will your friend their put himself forward."

Dazzle fished a disk out of subspace.

"Here is a proposed timetable of public appearances, interviews and media spots."

Blackjack
2008-12-06, 02:59 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive asked Hailstorm, "Is it done yet?"

"Done, done, all is done! Base is secure, all is done!" hailstorm sung. Suddenly Hyperdrive rammed him to the wall, and punched him in the head.

"My employers don't think you can be trusted. So... Ciao." Hyperdrive threw Hailstorm to the floor, and crushed his head with his feet. Hailstorm was laughing at the joke that was his death until Hyperdrive cracked his skull.

And then there was no sound from the mad Hailstorm. Purple liquid seeped out of his neck.

Warcry
2008-12-06, 05:41 AM
Templar Heights

"Sure he did," Arrowhead scoffed as he led Aero Blade into the shield generator room.

The young gangster gestured toward the generator's power modulator.

"We need to boost the modulator's power efficiency, to stave off the constant attacks we're facing. Do you have any ideas?"

Warehouse

As the Micromasters left, Bluestreak asked Doublecross, "So...what does Crosshairs have to say?"

Onslaught waited, interested to see if Chop Shop had any counter-points to his observation, or suggestions about how they could bring the city's various groups together.

Aero Blade
2008-12-06, 07:09 AM
Templar Heights

"I'm sorry to hear that you've been brainwashed, or are so blindly loyal to your boss and crew that you're unaware of their less than civilized practices," Aero Blade answered to Arrowhead, his tone genuine. "I'd offer that you ask him yourself about it, but I have no doubt he'd lie to you like many of the others have already done to me. Just know, as I have told him already, that though I'll cooperate since I have no other choice, I'm not about to pretend that any of you are doing me any favors..."

Aero Blade then gave a brief, almost bored sigh as his thoughts enevitably went into working out possibilities for what Arrowhead had meantioned. "I can't give any definite answers until I see it."

optimusskids
2008-12-06, 08:45 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded

"The Autobots or at least someone sponsored by them are bound to try. The Space Mafia will be a problem , they were enough of a problem in Polyhex and they were up against the Cobalts amongst others. From what I gather with your experience as both an Autobot and Decepticon you may be one of the only candidates that can pull it off. We need to form a new city state. Maybe look into the history books and see how it was achieved originally, when all the states came together out of the various tribes. History is not my strongpoint though."

~*~

Doublecross nodded

Double turned to Bluestreak

"I thought it besst to put him on hold, while we had our vissitor."

Cross reopened the channel wih Crosshairs.

"Ok Crosssssssssshairssss I am in Protihex with Bluesstreak and we have a sssstsh of Quintesson nuclear Munitionsss we need to deny the Decepticonss and dispose of sssafetly."

Warcry
2008-12-07, 05:35 AM
Templar Heights

"Whatever you say," Arrowhead told Aero Blade, obviously not much interested in talking with the prickly Autobot anymore. "Take a look, then."

Warehouse

"It's not mine either," Onslaught told Chop Shop. "Military strategy I can do, but politics," he virtually spat out the word, "is completely alien territory."

"Then approach it from that direction," Swindle suggested. "Think about it like a military occupation. When you do that you need to win the sparks and processors of the people, right?"

"That's true," Onslaught admitted.

"And you do that, mainly, by making them feel safe on the streets, in their homes, in public places, right?"

"Again, true," Onslaught told him.

"Well, that sounds like a good place to start," Swindle told him. "If you can do something about the random violence that's overrun the city, you'll be a hero in the optics of the populace. After that, they'll be begging you to become mayor, or whatever."

"That just might work," Onslaught admitted. He looked over at Chop Shop. "What do you think?"

"Well, Doublecross, you're in luck," despite the static in the connection, the bemusement in Crosshairs' voice came through perfectly clear. "It just so happens that I've been looking for an excuse to head out that way. And as it happens, I know exactly where to dispose of them."

Clogs
2008-12-08, 01:48 PM
Barrelroll's Bar

With hand on the door controls, Shockwave froze. What?!

Regaining his poise, he swung back to look at Dazzle and found control of his vocaliser. "I will leave it to you to choose the two other mechs required while I procede with my inspection. However, it is somewhat premature to begin media exposure until your primary task has been performed."

Then, he left the bar and stalked into the street with Stratus still on his shoulder. Almost immediately, he spotted a construction worker who much resembled Mixmaster and determined to ask him about the reconstruction works.

optimusskids
2008-12-08, 08:30 PM
Warehouse

Chop Shop shook his head

"You're probably more familar with politics than you think otherwise you wouldn't have survived as long as you did and got as high as you did in the Decepticon ranks as you did or lasted for quite so long as commander of the Combaticons.

Swindle is right you need to think of it as a military mission. Your mission objective is to win votes , you need to work out what resources you need , where to acquire and how to employ them and ditto for personnel.

~*~

Cross smiled at Bluestreak

"He'sss got a plan and he'sss coming to vissssit usss. "

13thScorpio
2008-12-09, 12:36 AM
Warehouses

Pipeline finally finished his counts,and transformed,heading back to HQ.There was so little to actually be put to use,that it was almost better to just buy off and level a new building area in here.But,as it was,storage space was always good.

Corps HQ and Outside near Barrelrolls

Tackle stopped in place as he saw Shockwave coming towards him.He had to resist the urge to salute the mech,having been a former soilder.Putting down his load,he stood in place,wondering what the cyclops commander wanted.
~~~~~

Gusher,having had enough with the buy offs,and knowing there was not much else to do,left the office.He needed a drink,some more work,and something to steal.His fingers itched,and there was very little of interest to actually try his hands at taking here anyways.Taking in the vantage from the high place,he sighed.Still mostly drones.

Warcry
2008-12-09, 05:14 AM
Warehouse

"Lest we forget," Onslaught reminded Chop Shop, "I spent several thousand years as a disembodied brain module in a giant freezer. That doesn't speak well of my political skills. However, if you genuinely believe I can do it, I will try. I want you two to prepare a detailed manifesto, something to draw the attention of the masses to our cause. I will take it from there."

Bluestreak smiled nervously back at Doublecross. "Well, good, I suppose. Hopefully he'll be able to help us out without resorting to, you know, getting us all killed."

optimusskids
2008-12-09, 07:04 AM
Barrelroll's Bar

Razzle shrugged

"This ones going to be a problem, I can see. I'll get the ball rolling if you stay with Shockwave. You can take photos of him interacting with the general populace."

Dazzle nodded.

"Sure Boss, I still think we should have gone with Onslaught."

Razzle shook his head.

"He's too closely associated with Swindle, it looks bad."

Clogs
2008-12-09, 05:32 PM
Street outside Barrelroll's Bar

"Greetings, unit," Shockwave said, politely nodding as he approached the worker (Tackle). "It is obvious you are engaged in the reconstruction programme: please supply me with details of progress to date."

Aero Blade
2008-12-10, 02:08 AM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade resisted the urge to heave a sigh at Arrowhead, as it wasn't going to do him any good. It was useless to reason with blind fanatasism, or in the least someone who chose to overlook the bad all around them to saite their concience. The best he could do right now was be very observant for his chance to get away.

Having been given the go ahead to look at the device, Aero Blade begrudgingly set about investigating it, trying to take his time as slowly as possible, though he already realized from past experiences it was going to seem fast to everyone else around him. They knew he was a tech, but that didn't mean he had to let them see the extent of his skills. If they did, he might never get out of here...

"It can be done, but I can't do it," Aero Blade spoke up after a couple of brief moments.

Blackjack
2008-12-10, 06:12 AM
Warehouse

"Geez, do you really must kill him?" Road hugger said when he discovered that Hyperdrive had killed Hailstorm. "He might've planted a bomb or virus in the network, idiot!"

"Don't care. Checked everything already." Hyperdrive said.

"Why I hung around you I'll never know." Road Hugger muttered. He kicked one of Hailstorm's limbs away, as he walked towards the rooftops. The purple mech shook his head at Hyperdrive's madness. Should've stayed with Blackjack and Detour... Who gives a damn to this idiot anyway?

"Whatcha doing?" Hyperdrive asked.

"Getting some air." Road Hugger replied, as he disappeared through a doorway leading upstairs.

Barrelroll's Bar

A purple-clad former Autobot, crouching in a corner like an empty, watched Shockwave leave with fascination. Interesting... Him, running for leadership?

He sipped his drink in one gulp, before leaving the money, getting up and hurriedly exited the bar.

13thScorpio
2008-12-10, 10:27 PM
Streets,Barrels Bar

"Uh,sir."Tackle was taken by surprise at Shockwaves question,but gave a sigh and answered. "Report of progress is as sir:The new HQ has been built. The hotel has been retasked,we're working on a hospital site within it.Fortress is saftly at the Steelhaven.As for infastructure,sir,you really don't want to know.We need more workers and drones.Artisians and engineers.And countless others.But the Commanders are working on trying to fix all of this."He tensed,wanting to finish what he was doing and grab a drink and a bite before heading back out.It was around the clock duty until a good part of the city was running on it's own again.

Clogs
2008-12-10, 10:46 PM

"An impressive start," Shockwave remarked. "But you are correct; this cannot procede apace until the workforce is expanded."

He lifted his gaze thoughtfully from the construction unit (Tackle) to scan the front of the Sterling Hotel, which remained unaltered despite the rebuilding within.

"Would it be possible to arrange for a suite of rooms to be allocated as a recruiting office? Protihex does not yet have any public radio network, but I am sure that word can be put round quickly. There are, after all, many individuals with nothing but time on their hands who might welcome the opportunity to perform a civic duty."

Blackjack
2008-12-11, 08:02 AM
Streets

Shriek shuffled out of Barrelroll's Bar, and followed Shockwave, more of curiousity than any other reasons. The ex-Autobot silently watched as his quarry talked with Tackle.

Warehouse rooftops

Road Hugger needed some time to think. It's hard to believe that the formerly rebellious Micromaster had grown into a loyal soldier that respects others. With a sigh, he evaluated his options. My loyalty now is split on two fronts--Onslaught and Blackjack. Onslaught's who I respect now and is my leader, but Blackjack's been a good friend and mentor...

With slight nervousness he picked up his communicator. Hell, he'd just talk to Blackjack about it. Blackjack'll know what to do. Plus, it's better to have a second opinion. On a secure line, he asked, "Blackjack? Yeah. It's me."

"Road Hugger? What the hell?" came Blackjack's slightly irritated voice. Road Hugger smiled slightly at his former commander.

"Yeh. Just need to tell ya. I've set up wit' the Combaticons. Onslaught and Swindle and some others. I'm planning to stay here for a while. Just for your info, just in case you're trying to invade this place- DON'T."

"Not really. We're too busy with Kaon. Neutral Decepticons? Interesting. Y'know, I really appreciate it that you'd call me like this. Thought we're enemies now, or at least far allies."

"Maybe you and Hyperdrive are enemies... But that's what..." Friends are for, Road Hugger wanted to say, but he's afraid it'll sound too cheesy. "Anyway, just think you should know. Wanna talk about my alligeance?"

"So? Don't tell me you're thinking of rebelling against the Combaticons? Not a smart move. I've taught you better than that."

"I know. I'm not rebelling, I just want to tell you. When this is over, when the Deceps are all one big happy family again, I'm still loyal to you."

"Good, but, see, ah- I'm bit busy right now. Keep me updated, Kay? Don't kill yourself. Bye." Road Hugger smiled slightly as Blackjack terminated the connection. "Nice to see you again..."

Warcry
2008-12-12, 05:28 AM
Templar Heights

"Why not?" Arrowhead asked Aero Blade guilelessly.

He knew -- or at least had a fairly good idea -- of what was wrong with the equipment, but he had been ordered to test the Autobot to make sure he was going to deal with them straight.

optimusskids
2008-12-12, 07:21 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded

"Soo a manifesto where should we start Swindle."

13thScorpio
2008-12-13, 12:36 AM
Streets outside Barrelrolls

"Sir,consider it already done."Tackle told Shockwave tapped his head and pointed to the HQ. "Commanders got one in there,and one is in progress within right now.Several I believe,plus Command offices for all across the board.As for radio,Blocks arranging circuitry all across this area,so short range at best for the moment sir.And we've got turret drones set up and working patrols here too."

Corps HQ

Gusher left the Corps,and looked over the work in progress.With any luck,he could just skip to the bar,get a refuel,and get back on job.Without being recognized by anyone as one of the heads of command.A regular grunt,skipping off early for a drink.With a buzzing sigh,he stepped foward.

Warehouses

Pipeline seperated from the drone,taking Construct with him,and let the thing go back to the HQ.He had other work to do.He headed back to the Manufacturing District.Time to steal some batteries.

Clogs
2008-12-13, 09:36 PM
Street outside Barrelroll's

And Shockwave was impressed...

He had considerable experience of Decepticon speed and diligence when construction work was demanded, but that was due principally to the ever-present if little mentioned threat of punishment for failing to achieve. Clearly other motivating factors were in operation here, even if they bemused him somewhat.

"Excellent," he said to the unit (Tackle). "I wish to meet your Commander: please arrange for me to do so. Then I can make direct arrangements for rooms and a local radio broadcast."

optimusskids
2008-12-15, 10:19 PM
Streets

Dazzle trailed Shockwave at discrete distance recording his interaction with the local populace.

~*~

Razzle slipped out of Barrelroll's almost colliding with a purplsh empty.

Other Streets

Protocol nodded to Groove

"so Groove how have you found ambassadoring?"

Aero Blade
2008-12-16, 04:54 AM
Streets Outside Barrelroll's

While Shockwave was occupied with approaching and talking to Tackle, Stratus had engaged himself with more of his old habbits, watching behind the larger bot for any signs of danger or suspicious persons coming up from his blind side. As a result, the minicon had immediately homed in on Shriek's presence as they were followed out of the bar.

He monitored the other mech for a bit before he nudged (or more like tapped) Shockwave on the side of the head, his own optics still tracking Shriek. "That other guy seems aweful interested in you."

Templar Heights

"This equipment looks like it was assembled in a hurry, or by someone with a not quite so skillful hand for delicate work," Aero Blade answered, his tone having lost any traces of emotion as it took on a more work-like demeanor for those listening. "It will work fine as is, but it can be much better. That will require rewiring and rearranging a few parts, which I won't be able to do without a cutter and welder, which one of my guards took from me."

Aero Blade gave a brief, almost tired sounding sigh as he remembered the earlier events, which just considering them made him feel weary again.... "I can probably do it with some other tools, but my own were custom made for this kind of delicate work. I'd have to learn how to use and probably modify the new tools which will take time, and even then the job will likely take three times as long that way..."

Warcry
2008-12-16, 05:23 AM
Templar Heights

"That's not going to happen," Arrowhead told Aero Blade. "They're under lock and key. Apparently Shank is worried that they're weapons. After we're done here, I'm supposed to look them over and make sure they're not dangerous."

The young technician grabbed a metal box off of a shelf and handed it to Aero. "Those should be enough to get started, anyway."

Warehouse

"That's a good question," Swindle said to Chop Shop as they walked away from Onslaught. "I suppose it depends on quite a few things, but what it really boils down to is...do we want to tell the truth, or should we just make up some nice-sounding, attention-catching lies to bring in supporters?"

optimusskids
2008-12-16, 07:55 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded

"We'll need to win over Autobots and I fear if our involvement leaks, it will make them instantly suspicious. I think a mixture of truth , half truths and exageration and maybe some statistics rather than outright lies."

Clogs
2008-12-16, 02:17 PM

Experiencing the and the warning, Shockwave (still waiting on Tackle) said so very quietly for Stratus alone, "Understood." Then, he practically spun on his heel and walked deliberately towards Shriek, extending his right hand and asking with bright eagerness, "Are you here to seek employment?"

13thScorpio
2008-12-17, 02:47 AM
Rather busy street outside of Barrelrolls

"No real need to arrange sir,though it might be wise to buy him a drink.One of them's right over there."He pointed directly at Gusher,who winced in mid-step.So close.Tackle waved him over,and he walked up sullenly.

"Shockwave,Captain 2nd Class Gusher.Second in Command of the Corps Operations in Protihex.Gusher,Shockwave."With that,Tackle strode away,taking up his load and leaving.

"I take it you need something,Shockwave,sir?"He asked with as much reserve as he could.If it was important,he supposed he could wait on refueling.He mind linked to Pipeline,and nodded at Stratus and Shriek.

Warcry
2008-12-17, 06:32 AM
Warehouse

"That sounds good to me," Swindle agreed with Chop Shop. "The only question I've got is what to trot out to bring in the Autobot vote. I mean, the whole 'peace, prosperity and friendship' line is all well and good, but we need some concrete ideas to weave the whole thing together. Maybe some stats comparing crime rates in Combaticon-protected territory with the rest of the city is a good place to start?"

Of course, those numbers would be much lower because Swindle and Chop Shop -- two of the biggest criminals in the city -- were well-motivated not to steal from their own neighbours, and the Space Mafia kept their noses out of things because they didn't want to piss off their landlord. Those facts would, of course, not make it to the final presentation.

optimusskids
2008-12-17, 06:43 AM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded

"an excellent start, some kind of big project would be good , maybe some kind of housing project or an energon distribution programme. While we still have these warehouses of Quint stuff we can use."

Aero Blade
2008-12-17, 07:14 PM
Templar Heights

"I guess they could be used as weapons, seeing as how they used to be some. It was easier to downgrade weapons than it would be to upgrade tools to what I needed for much of my work," Aero Blade answered to Arrowhead. "If it is that disconcerting, you merely need to remove the buffering ring on the primary charge chamber of each tool. Without that, they will never hold enough energy to be combat weapons, and the part cannot be made without specialized equipment which I'm quite sure you don't have, unless my lab was raided."

Aero Blade by now had openned up the box of tools given to him, making an assement of the items he now had to work with, looking predominantly for a welder and clutter. The word 'archaic' immediately came to mind...

"Almost starting to wish I had been robbed," Aero Blade muttered to himself in a barely audible tone, sitting down and starting to take apart the welder to have a better look at it. At least they hadn't taken his other tools away yet, which he now pulled one of out from the small container mounted on his arm, settling into his task.

Clogs
2008-12-17, 11:40 PM

Shockwave, still quite cheerily about greeting Shriek, managed to dredge up some of the social skills he had once employed in his life before the Decepticons and the War. "Gusher," he acknowledged. "This a most fortunate encounter. I wish to review the Protihex rebuilding projects and - perhaps - this mech wishes to join the enterprise?"

Impinging on his systems was the presence of Dazzle, who appeared to be taking a polite interest in the procedings.

Warcry
2008-12-18, 05:32 AM
Warehouse

"That sounds like a good idea," Swindle said after taking a few moments to think over Chop Shop's suggestion. "We could take over some of the empty warehouses nearby, have them converted into low-cost housing and then supply the renters with subsidized energon."

Templar Heights

"You might be surprised at what we've got on-hand," Arrowhead told Aero Blade. "Word is that the boss brought in a top-rate scientist who used to work for Gigatron, and a whole lot of tech with him." Realizing what he'd said, he backpedaled. "Of course, that's just a rumour."

Blackjack
2008-12-18, 08:40 AM
Streets

Shriek said to Shockwave, quite surprised by the other's friendliness. "Sure, I could use a job or two. Name's Shriek. Former Autobot, espionage and infiltration department."

13thScorpio
2008-12-19, 01:02 AM
Streets outside Barrelrolls

"Review huh?"Gusher told Shockwave."Didn't relise there was much of a government to actually give reviews."Gusher shrugged. "What is it you need reviewed?Past construction?Current construction?Future plans?"

He turned his head and nodded to Shriek."Infiltration and espinoge? Have I got a job for you,if you feel you need it.Check our security for the HQ,and see if we did it right.But for now,let's see what he has to say."He followed after Shockwave.

Aero Blade
2008-12-19, 05:12 AM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade spared Arrowhead a brief glance out of the corner of his optic band, pausing only momentarily in his work. He was getting some interesting signals out of this guy, but he wasn't sure quite how he was going to put the information together yet. At least for the moment he seemed to be the most agreeable out of all the mechs he'd met here.

"If his name is Kelvar, the tech is nothing I haven't already dealt with," Aero Blade spoke breifly, returning to his examination of the tools. "And if that's the case then I'll save myself the anguish and rip my own spark out," He added in a much lower, almost under his breath tone.

Clogs
2008-12-19, 03:00 PM

"Welcome, Shriek," said Shockwave and bowed. "It is good to observe the willingness of the citizens of Protihex to participate in the works which had almost ceased since Derby, who had taken the initial lead, disappeared."

He then inclined his body slightly towards Gusher. "In the absence of a government I have taken it upon myself to examine the reconstruction and ascertain that it proceeds timeously." He gestured expansively with his modified left arm. "Furthermore, I am seeking to establish a recruitment drive to get as many of the citizens as possible involved rather than being merely onlookers. To this end, I will require the use of a suite of rooms and your worksmech informed me that there may be some available in the hotel?"

Blackjack
2008-12-20, 02:20 AM
Streets

Shriek said to Gusher and Shockwave, "Hey, I'll help in any way I can." Shockwave seems to be the clever sort a' ex-Decepticon. Looks like he understands that fighting doesn't really amount to anything.

13thScorpio
2008-12-20, 05:02 AM
Streets

"Good."Gusher said to Shriek.He then turned his attention to Shockwave and gave a smile. "You were informed truthfully.Hope you got plenty of stanix to help you for that.Pipeline and I are doing the same thing.He's signed on Ironworks and Hothouse for commercial's to get the word out,but,as things are..."

I would like to have some words in this meeting Gusher.

Fine.What do want to tell him?

Let him have the rooms without payment.Good will has ways of paying back.And he seem's sincere.Gusher rolled his eyes.

No cash on spot?

Not today no.

"It appears you can have the rooms you need without pay.I should have perhaps warned you,Pipeline is hearing this and putting in his own opinion as we speak.As per reconstruction,we're doing what we can,with what we have.Which seems to be amounting to slag.We are the team they sent from Iacon,so everyone here has to live with us.You happen to have any former 'con engineering teams who'd be willing to help us with this,rather large,undertaking?"

zigzagger
2008-12-20, 01:24 PM
Streets (or where ever they are now)

"Well," Groove answered Protocol, rubbing the back of his head. "It's not glamorous work, but it has its moments...and its lulls. Thus far, I've reported everything I've seen back to Iacon, and that's about the extent of my usefulness here. I just want Iacon to understand what is happening here. It hasn't been easy."

---

Steelhaven

In the lounging area near the med-bay, Ratchet and Cerebros sat at a table with several opened bottles of neon-hued liquid. Ratchet reached across the table, sliding Cerebros’ empty glass back towards him.

“No, this won’t do at all,” Ratchet said as he raised the bottle to the rim of the glass. “I invited you here for some serious drinking and talk, Cerebros.”

“Sigh, Ratc…no, no, please, I can’t. I really shouldn’t, Ratchet,” Cerebros protested.

“Oh don’t be ridiculous,” Ratchet filled the glass part way with one liquid, reached for another bottle and filled it quarter more, then reached for another until the glass was filled nearly to the brim. He swished the liquid around for a moment, the gently pushed the glass back over to Cerebros. “There you go. All better. Do try it at least.”

Cerebros sighed and shook his head, then lifted the glass to his mouth, bravely taking a long swig from it. He loudly gasped as the harsh liquids entered his systems.

“Gah, what the frag is in that?!”

“Home city-state recipe - locals call it a “Smelter”. Isn’t it wonderful?” Ratchet told the Headmaster.

The war medic gulped down his remaining drink, not in the slightest bit affected by its intoxicative properties, then began to refill his glass.

“Now, I know that expression. I’ve seen it a million times over on the faces of some of the greatest Autobot leaders. A face that says, a waged war hardly deserves the excuse of good intentions. It’s a serious conundrum, yes. But first, in order to resolve this problem you need to tell the good Doc Ratchet what’s on your mind.”

“I cannot imagine how Prime ever survived without you,” Cerebros muttered into his drink.

“Aww, come now. He appreciated it in the way that only a bearer of the Matrix could,” Ratchet quipped back. “Believe it or not, Optimus enjoyed a good drink waaay back in the day.”

“I find that hard to believe,” Cerebros skeptically replied. Cerebros sat quietly for a moment, sipping from his glass before continuing. “You know something, Ratchet, when I look and see Fortress Maximus’ body laying deactivated on that slab over there, I cannot deny I have a distinct feeling of déjà vu. Protihex was a concept based on good intentions, but then I’ve been down this road before, haven't I? I shouldn’t be at all surprised how it has gone down the path like some many other great Cybertronian territories.”

“Yes, I’ve heard the story,” Ratchet said. “Instead of laying down your arms, you laid down your head. A morbidly profound message.”

“Stupid, isn’t it? I actually thought Protihex represented change. I really did,” Cerebros said somberly, taking a swing from his drink. “I mean, this territory wasn’t strategically important until recently. Now everyone wants a slice of their own version of “peace”. And me, the bleeding hearted solider, believed it. But all Protihex has done was simply remind us of what lies within in our so called CNA. If we wanted to live decent lives, Protihex would’ve lived up to its silly, idealistic expectations. I don’t even think it is remotely possible anymore. All we’re doing here is making certain that Protihex continues down its dark path - we’re accomplices. And I have to wonder why I care anymore. I could just as easily end this perpetual cycle, and have the Autobots stationed here pack up and leave Protihex to its fate. Who are we to judge otherwise?”

“Well, that would be ‘against your CNA’, wouldn’t it,” Ratchet said sympathetically. “And you are correct - we have no right to pass judgment. It’s hard for our lot to believe that peace without militarization is possible. It’s even harder for us to believe in it when there isn’t any genuine support for it. No examples to live by. But if peace means a perfect world or uniformity, well, sorry Cerebros, that doesn’t sound too idealistic to me. If it is, we’ve been looking to the wrong examples all this time. Without conflicting ideals, there is no knowledge, thus there is no advancement. True peace may not be 100% attainable, but we can get pretty close to it. Protihex is as better a place than any to start making those examples. Imperfection isn’t such a bad thing. It’s actually quite nice. Kind of like this conversation between two friends. So don’t get discouraged, okay.”

“Heh, imperfection is perfection, eh? That’s funny,” Cerebros smirked.

“Something like that,” Ratchet smiled back. “Now finish your drink.”

Clogs
2008-12-20, 11:48 PM

"Your honesty is gratifying," Shockwave told Gusher. "It seems we are working towards the same end, although you have been about the business longer than I. Pray: what 'commercials' have you prepared? Could they be updated to include reference to a recruitment office here?"

Blackjack
2008-12-21, 10:23 AM
Warehouse

Hyperdrive disposed of Hailstorm's remains. With Hailstorm's death, his subspace pocket collapsed and the components popped out into the real world. Hyperdrive examined the items carefully. Some energon and shannix. Nifty. His cyro-guns! These will come in handy. Hyperdrive pocketed the energon and money, and clipped the guns onto his hips.

An Earthen toaster? Nuts and bolts? A hand? Datapads? By Primus, this guy must be part Junkion. Hyperdrive deposited the other junk onto the garbage disposal, along with what remained of the former security agent.

optimusskids
2008-12-21, 06:06 PM
Streets

Protocol nodded draping his arm round Groove's shoulders.

"Ahh yes I believe I have seen som of the executive summaries, of the precise of the condensed version of your report. Now we in Iacon are worried that Protihex is in danger of slipping into anarchy."

Gunboat nodded.

"We need a leader someone who can bring stability and peace to the region, rebuild the economy, reduce crimelevels and help rescue the Protihexian Ideal."

Protocol smiled.

"Yes someone who knows the situation, down on the ground, who has a feel for the grass-roots."

Gunboat looked serious.

"Iacon is concerned about the stability of the region, questions have been asked about the amount of Shannix that are being spent on Fortress Maximus' task force, it may well be withdrawn. Thats what certain factions want , others of cause think that military rule is the only option. The need for a task force to help stamp out the burgeoning crime."

13thScorpio
2008-12-21, 11:45 PM
Streets

Ironworks and Hot House have not gotten back to me on that.However,I think he understands propaganda?

"Apperantly,the commercails are more propaganda then anything."Gusher replied to Shockwave."Also,our contacts have not seemed to have gotten back onto their progress as of yet."He looked at Shriek. "You have any idea of how much armed support we have here?"

Warcry
2008-12-22, 05:21 AM
Warehouse

Onslaught was in his office with the door closed, carefully drawing out lines on a map of the city.

Templar Heights

"Never heard of him," Arrowhead said lightly, not catching the dark note in Aero Blade's voice. "This dude was called Cryo...something. Cryotron? Cryotek? Something like that.

Clogs
2008-12-22, 09:47 AM

Propaganda... thought Shockwave. Ahhh, exactly.

The more subtle arts of war - and politics - were too firmly entrenched in Cybertronian culture. Still, he understood them as well as any senior Decepticon.

optimusskids
2008-12-22, 12:36 PM
Studio

Ironworks put the last finishing touches to the CGI and leaned across to pick up the phone.

He called Gusher.

"Hi Gusher I've just finished you ad-spots they're ready for your approval."

Blackjack
2008-12-23, 03:02 AM
Streets

Shriek said to Gusher, "I have no idea whatsoever... Really have been out of the game for too long."

Aero Blade
2008-12-26, 03:06 AM
Templar Heights

"Never heard of him," Aero Blade answered, his tone borderline as he answered Arrowhead, the only cue that he was still aware of what was occuring around him. For the momeht he was still fiddling with the tools he had been given, as though unsatisfied with their functions or unable to get them to do what he wanted them to.

This was not something Stratus was familiar with, and though he kept his perch on Shockwave for the moment, the minicon was becoming fidgetty. Long periods of talking wasn't something Stratus had a lot of when he was with Aero Blade - the tech was either silently working, or had his hands busy while talking - but the act of just conversation alone for such a long time left him looking about for any signs of activity. It served even more as a reminder of his missing partner, and how little he knew about what exactly had happened. He could only hope somehow his bot would be able to get back to him.

13thScorpio
2008-12-26, 03:19 AM
Streets

"Thank you Ironworks,I will pass them onto Pipeline.We'll let you know in good time."He then looked at Shriek. "There should be plenty of oppertunity for you to relearn here.From all sides."He handed him a data card. "Current logistics on our HQ's turret drones,attack drones,and work drones.The worker list is,not being handed out at the moment.The amount of secured firepower currently residing within the HQ,and out of reach of thieving hands.Don't lose it please."

"Okay then.It appears are commercails are at the ready,"He took out his data pad and another from sub-space,handing it to Shockwave. "Lets review."

I have a question that needs some tending please. Pipeline told Gusher.

What is it?

What,exactly is the big guys plan?Oh,and Shriek had better be qualified for that materialle,or he will be going into the fabricator to provide for the city.Gusher rolled his eyes.If any mech wasn't honest with them,they'd end up in the fabricator anyways.The ultimatem wouldn't scare many mech's(As particularly,and annoyingly noted,when said by mechs this small),until they were hanging over it,about to be recycled for the greater good.

"Shockwave,another question from the peanut gallery.What exactly are you planning on doing?Actually,we'd both like to know it.As for Shriek,Pipeline sends warning,you use that information as a seller,he's gonna drop you into the fabricator."

Clogs
2008-12-26, 10:58 PM

Shockwave felt Stratus fidget and lifted a pacifying hand towards him; the small 'bot still waited on information about Aero Blade.

"I wish to ensure that the rebuilding works are being controlled by the best possible builders," he said. "To proceed timeously and swiftly. If you have fabricators here, so much the better - all you require is additional workforce members and you have an appeal already available."

He raised his monocular to the sky, considering. The primary analysis he had made from the data transmitted by Gigatron indicated a non-aligned base of operations should be established away from the primary centres; Protihex could provide that.

"I must continue with my overview of the City. It is essential to be observed as my intention is to put myself forward for civic election. Please keep me informed via standard channel or through Steelhaven's monitors."

Blackjack
2008-12-27, 09:56 AM
Streets

Shriek said to Gusher as he took the datapad, "Don't worry, I won't lose it, nor sell it. I'm a honest mech. So... what do you want me to do with it again?"

Warcry
2008-12-29, 06:46 AM
Templar Heights

Arrowhead shrugged. "That makes two of us."

He watched Aero Blade fiddle with his tools in silence for a few moments, then crossed his arms, obviously impatient for the other technician to get to work.

mastasini
2008-12-29, 07:22 PM
warehouse

Krok had inspected the warehouse security because he didn't want other uninvited autobots to show up. he had also made inquiries about the space mafia and other local gangs when he saw a few empties but didn't get any satisfying response. So he decided to go back to onslaught, Chop Shop and swindle

optimusskids
2008-12-29, 10:21 PM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded enthusiastically

"That sounds like it should do the jobs low cost and popular, plus even with subsidised rents and energon a profit stream as we will acquire the assets for free."

Blackjack
2008-12-30, 02:02 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger waited outside the room where Onslaught, Chop Shop and Swindle are in. They're planning something. Some big attack, maybe. Or ruling over Protihex. Of course, it might be more subtle, what with Autobots in our side...

Thunderwing's scientists used to warn Blackjack's squad not to let Hyperdrive get bored, lest he gets distracted. And when he's distracted, he blows stuff up.

And he's very bored now.

Hyperdrive had blown up some empties and other junk outside the warehouse and was not feeling any better. At least Hailstorm's guns work wonders. Hyperdrive noticed Krok and Road Hugger milling about, but did not stop to talk to them. They're boring.

Warcry
2008-12-31, 06:39 AM
Warehouse

"I like it," Swindle told Chop Shop as they walked down the hall. "How would you like to enlist the Autobot Corps of Engineers for the job? We had one of them nosing around earlier, I think. I'm not sure they'd trust me if I was the one making the call, but your reputation is a bit more...subdued than mine."

He waved at Krok and Road Hugger as they neared the other two Decepticons.

"So," he said casually, "ready to help us take over the city?"

Aero Blade
2008-12-31, 03:50 PM
Templar Heights

Aero Blade continued to work with the tools as before, almost as though oblivious to Arrowhead's presence.

"I said this might take a while," Aero Blade reminded after a few moments. "I'm used to working with something with much finer controls and settings. You wanted the thing improved, not chopped to pieces, didn't you?"

optimusskids
2008-12-31, 05:02 PM
Warehouse

Chop Shop nodded slowly

"I do however have a reputation no matter how small."

His face splits with a smile as he takes in his fellow Decepticons.

"However ex-atheletes and sportsmechs heading up such a campaign its practically traditional."

Blackjack
2009-01-01, 02:54 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger grinned at Swindle, "By taking over the city, do you mean the classic Decepticon way or the political way?"

Road Hugger grinned again, "No, just joking. I get it. In Protihex we need to be subtle." Inside, Road Hugger was laughing at himself So, Blackjack... I end up doing things your way. The subtle way. Hahah. No way we're blowing stuff up randomly in Protihex...

Warcry
2009-01-03, 06:38 AM
Warehouse

"A little bit of both, actually," Swindle told Road Hugger. "After all, we're not exactly the type to play fair, are we? I'm sure the time for violence will come eventually."

He grinned at Chop Shop's suggestion, then turned to Krok. "So what do you say? You wanna be a spokesmech for our little scheme?"

Templar Heights

"If 'chopped to pieces' was what we were going for," Arrowhead told Aero Blade, "I could have worked on it myself. But if you don't want to end up chopped to pieces, you'll want to get this working properly before someone else decides to start dropping bombs on us again. After all, we're standing inside a place that would probably be at the top of their list of targets..."

Blackjack
2009-01-03, 07:17 AM
Warehouse

Road Hugger grinned under the faceplate at the mention of violence. "Sure, we ain't. What's the plan? Oh, and are the Autobots joining our little coup?"

Outside Warehouse

Not good. Swindler thought. Someone revamped the security systems. Looks like I can't snag a new gun or two like before... The Autobot Micromaster cursed.

He decided to scan for other mechs in the warehouse. His scanners indicate numerous Decepticons, including some he recognized (Onslaught, Road Hugger and Hyperdrive) and many that he don't. Two Autobot signatures are also detected. Swindler is a bit surprised by this. Either they're hostages, which are unlikely, or...

Opening a channel to Bluestreak, he said, "Hey, Bluestreak, what's up?"

optimusskids
2009-01-03, 04:10 PM
Warehouse

Doublecross nodded

"Yessss getting kiled tennds to complicate thingss."

Clogs
2009-01-03, 11:01 PM
Airborne

Shockwave had left the street and the several mechs as he had stated and now pursued his intention to review the rebuilding works. Stratus remained with him and he addressed the small unit as he rose vertically.

"The test results might be of interest to you. The material left by the kidnapper contains elements that place its manufacture here, on Cybertron. As we already know we are dealing with a Cybertronian, that is of little import; however, the crystalline structure of the basic metal has been reformulated to make it denser by a process used in mining operations on Charr."

Shockwave paused.

"The same process has been employed to make anti-personal devices by the group referred to as the Space Mafia."

zigzagger
2009-01-04, 05:56 PM
Somewhere (?)

(OOC: they can’t still be at the “Streets”, can they?)

“You’ve read my reports?” Groove self consciously answered Protocol and Gunboat. It wasn’t often his work was the subject of discussion, so he was uncertain how to respond to them. All the same, Groove admired their optimism and perked up when they proposed a new leader be established to uphold the Protihexian ideal.

“Pardon my pragmatism, but, aside from expenses, how do you intend to establish a figurehead when so many here have their own ideas of what the Protihexian ideal is? You must have a convincing campaign, as well as a candidate lined up,” Groove said. “Who do you have in mind? Do I know this mech?”

(EDIT: OOC: I'll update in the other thread(s) later on today/tonight, once I get home from my trip :))

optimusskids
2009-01-05, 12:32 AM
Enroute (not sure where too though

Protocol smiled

"Well we have examined the Candidates and given currently , it would seem that you are the best Autobot candidate."

Gunboat nodded slowly

"Don't worry young-un we've done plenty of campaigns it should all slip into place."

Steps of Ruins of City Hall

Razzle along with a motley crew of 4 mechs stood on the steps.

Razzle read out the legal paperwork which strippe dof the legal nicities basically stated that Shockwave was standing for election and that he had 4 mechs to support his cause.

13thScorpio
2009-01-05, 02:36 AM
Streets

"Yeah,we'll do that."Gusher told Shockwave as he left.Upper officers, all the same.He turned to Shriek with a smile on his face. "I want you,to attempt a break in.Into the Corps HQ.Now,I need a drink.Preferably a strong one."He turned to go back to Barrelrolls. "But I never said immidiatly."

I suggest all drones to keep an alert.Construct has given a warning.

All right.Now,what do we do about this new politician?

I'll support him,Con or otherwise.

I ain't.He can shove it up his rear differantiater.

Wanna go half?

If I find someone to support,then yeah.

Half and half then.Work gets done either way.

Yeah,it will.Now,I'm gonna get a drink.

Manufacturing District

Pipeline finished speaking with Gusher,and then took a survey.He stood upon one of the cities battery silos,and planned.One of his turret drones flew up to him,while others came from the torn roads behind.It'd been a while since he had stole a building.He grinned.

mastasini
2009-01-05, 09:13 AM
warehouse

Krok nodded to Swindle’s suggestion. “Do you think I have enough reputation to do any good?” actually Krok had already decided he would be a good spokesperson. In his days of mecha soccer he had attracted a large bit of attention. And the last few breems he had showed to himself (and hopefully those around him) he could lead a decpticon pack.

Blackjack
2009-01-05, 03:33 PM
Outside Corps. HQ

(OOC: Assuming Corps HQ is Gusher and co.'s base...)

Shriek said to Gusher, "Sure. Security testing, right?" The Autobot transformed into pteranodon mode and started flying towards the HQ.

Warehouse

Road Hugger grinned, "Krok'll make a good spokesmech. Then I'll be his bodyguard or somesuch?"

mastasini
2009-01-05, 04:03 PM
warehouse

Krok grinned at Road Hugger "that would be nice..."

zigzagger
2009-01-05, 10:51 PM
Enroute (?)

“Wha – me?” Groove exclaimed, taken completely off guard by Protocol and Gunaboat's suggestion. “You cannot be serious. Me? I don’t know. I suppose I have some political experience, but who would want to listen to a bleeding heart like me?” Groove paused as he took in his surroundings. “Where are we going, by the way? (OOC: ;))”

optimusskids
2009-01-05, 11:00 PM
Enroute to Diplomat's Shuttle

Protocol nodded

"The re-establishment of thi city was championed by those who wanted peace, despite the recent injection of the criminal element and other other groups they are still the majority of the population. We think you will appeal to that demographic."

Gunboat pointed to a piece of wasteground

"Almost there, we have something we want to show you in our shuttle."

Warcry
2009-01-06, 06:46 AM
Warehouse

"That works for me," Swindle told Krok and Road Hugger. "As for the Autobots, I suspect most of them will simply be happy to have a benefactor in the city, whichever badge they used to wear. And those that aren't..." He shrugged. "We'll deal with that when the time comes."

He looked over at Chop Shop. "You wanna get these two caught up on the specifics? I've got a few calls to make, favours to call in and shanix to move if we want to scoop up these warehouses in good time."

Bluestreak jumped a little as Swindler's call came through. He didn't recognize the voice, although it was on an Autobot frequency. "Do I know you?" he asked, surprisingly terse for once.

He half-shrugged to Doublecross. "It does at that, yeah."

In the Air

Spinister's shuttle started to approach the city, flying close enough to Templar Heights to get some good sensor readings without attracting too much undue attention.

In the copilot's seat, Needlenose was listening idly to the city's radio transmissions. They were patchy and static-filled at best, but he expected little more from a city with no real government.

No one to regulate the airwaves means low-quality pirate stations are everywhere. Too bad. I haven't heard any good tunes since we left Earth.

Nevertheless, he had managed to learn a few things. "It looks like Shockwave is a player here," he said. "And there's a crew of Autobots that used to be let by Fortress Maximus, but word has it he got scragged months ago. Rumour is that Onslaught is building up his power base too. Who should we get in touch with?"

Spinister didn't hesitate. "All of them," he said. Half-turning to look at their comrades, he asked Weirdwolf, Pounce, Triggerhappy and Wingspan, "Opinions? Who do you think will be the most viable ally here?"

Aero Blade
2009-01-07, 05:26 AM
Airborne

"So you think they might have taken him? Or supplied the device at least?" Stratus asked to Shockwave, mulling over the thoughts in his own processor. "Why would they bother with my bot?"

Templar Heights

"I was hoping for a set of tools that post-dated the first Quintesson invasion," Aero Blade answered to Arrowhead, giving a bit of a tired sigh. "I supose that I can work with these, but the feel I get from your group is you'd rather keep this thing running in the event you have to use it immediately. With the tools here, I'll pretty much have to gut the major components whole to work with them and then reassemble it."

Aero Blade paused briefly, remembering where he was. "Then again, I'm probably rambling as far as most people are concerned. Shutting down and pulling parts for individual treatment is normal procedure for most techs. Might as well go with what is expected."

Clogs
2009-01-07, 10:16 PM
Airborne

"I suspect he may have been taken on a whim," Shockwave said to Stratus as they continued to gain height. "Perhaps his potential attracted attention - or the kidnapper saw the option of taking a hostage against future incursions against him. Either of which may possibly mean..."

Shockwave knew he was speculating, cross-referencing data with only the most tenuous links, but there were patterns of logic in even the most apparently random behaviour; did not logic underlie the very functionality of the race? He swung in a neat turn, repositioning himself to face the distant Templar Heights.

"Aero Blade is being held quite close by."

optimusskids
2009-01-07, 10:57 PM
Shuttle

Wingspan looked thoughtful

"I've got a c-c-couple of agents in the c-city. They've been keeping an eye on t-things for me. They tell me S-swindle is w-w-with Onslaught. He's m-most likely to have the lowdown on t-these c-c-criminal elements. N-nothing like a criminal f-for keeping a tag on p-p-potential rivals."

Pounce growled softly

"I say we snatch one of the criminals , then I interrogate him a little."

Weirdwolf stretched in his seat

"Think I that Monzo contacts has in clubs and bars yes."

He closed his eyes

"Monzo says that two big factions there are , refugees from Polyhex are."

~*~

Warehouse

Chop Shop trailed a hand absent mindedly over a workbench full of tools.

"Ok mechs, we're going into politics. We need to be too valuble to be snapped up by some bigger and nastier than ourselves and in order to do that we need to be in charge. A lot of our new neighbours are Autobots so we're going to have to do this fairly on the up and up or at least not get caught right? So we need to win hearts and minds. Swindle is going to liberate some ex- Quintesson property we can redistribute. Once he's done that we're gonna give it out to people or rent them space in our converted warehouses. We get it for free we turn a modest profit and everyone loves us right? Any questions?"