PDA

View Full Version : [CUSTOM] Animated Cliff Jumper

chris-morada
2008-11-19, 05:32 AM
Nothing crazy. Just a minor sculpturing, a nice clean repaint with the stinger mod. Made his

"Stingers" into a one piece, then added a magnets for easy attach/detach. Last, I slpped on

three Repro decals on this bad boy! Enjoy fellas!

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1333/animatedcliffjumpercollof3.jpg

Treadshot A1
2008-11-19, 08:01 AM
Nice. I'd love to know how you made the stinger mod. Remove pins and add magnets?

chris-morada
2008-11-19, 08:27 AM
Nice. I'd love to know how you made the stinger mod. Remove pins and add magnets?

Indeed, you are partly correct.

1. Remove each pins both L & R

2. Once removed, super glue together

3. Create a support by sculpturing a simple support like the one shown in the photo.

4. Find a magnet similar to the one I used 9mm x 5mm x 1mm

5. Glue one for the stinger and the other near the hand part.

Enjoy!

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/81/p1020326hq5.jpg

ganon578
2008-11-19, 02:00 PM
Really nice work! Personally, I don't much care for the Animated stuff, but I really like the deco you gave him. I actually think I like it more than the mass retail Bumblebee. :up:

wyze2099
2008-11-19, 06:47 PM
Nice work! If I didn't know I was looking at a custom, I'd swear these were pictures of an official Cliffjumper figure.

chris-morada
2008-11-19, 07:03 PM
Really nice work! Personally, I don't much care for the Animated stuff, but I really like the deco you gave him. I actually think I like it more than the mass retail Bumblebee. :up:

Apreciate your kind comments!:)

It was an attempt to custom an Animated TF figure. :grin:

I don't know if you've seen my past cliff custom before? What I was thinking of doing next as an experiment is to paint another bumble bee with metallic collors like the one below. What do you think? What do you guys think? SHould I do it??

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9480/p1010221jg9.jpg

Blackjack
2008-11-20, 01:21 PM
Wow, that's sweet. Especially when the only confirmed Animated Cliffjumper deco (for now) is the f****ing Bumper Battler stuff. FOR NOW.

I'm sure they're gonna do a deluxe repaint sometime next year. It's either that or 'Wasp Cybertron mode' and 'Bug Bite'. It's obvious.

What's the second one made from?

ganon578
2008-11-20, 02:21 PM
I like the Movie Cliffjumper. The metallic paint job is awesome. And what did you use for the head? I don't know how well the paint would work with the animated stuff though, doesn't necessarily fit into the aesthetic. However, that could be seen as a good thing; making something completely different from the traditional animated line. Maybe the metallic red and some silver detailing? Kind of like the Classics Cliffy? That might make for a nifty figure...

Gareth Infinity
2008-11-20, 09:36 PM
Especially when the only confirmed Animated Cliffjumper deco (for now) is the f****ing Bumper Battler stuff.

Activator, not Bumper Battler. Activators are much different and actually cool.

Anyway, nice customs, chris-morada!

chris-morada
2008-11-20, 09:43 PM
Wow, that's sweet. Especially when the only confirmed Animated Cliffjumper deco (for now) is the f****ing Bumper Battler stuff. FOR NOW.

I'm sure they're gonna do a deluxe repaint sometime next year. It's either that or 'Wasp Cybertron mode' and 'Bug Bite'. It's obvious.

What's the second one made from?

Thanks Blackjack!:)

Usually Hasbro tend to release their repaints other important characters the following year. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a "Deluxe" repaint of cliff and Wasp, like I said they usually do it the following year after a line is released.

The second one used to be a movie BB deluxe. I regret not applying more detail to it.

By the way I'm working on a add-on to this fig, a cannon. So far it look great, I'll post pics when done.

chris-morada
2008-11-20, 09:45 PM
I like the Movie Cliffjumper. The metallic paint job is awesome. And what did you use for the head? I don't know how well the paint would work with the animated stuff though, doesn't necessarily fit into the aesthetic. However, that could be seen as a good thing; making something completely different from the traditional animated line. Maybe the metallic red and some silver detailing? Kind of like the Classics Cliffy? That might make for a nifty figure...

I used the same head, I just slapped on some Aves apoxie sculpt, and did a lil sculpturing.

As for the metallic on Animated Cliff, I won't even bother posting it here if it turns out sour.

chris-morada
2008-11-20, 09:46 PM
Activator, not Bumper Battler. Activators are much different and actually cool.

Anyway, nice customs, chris-morada!

Thank you sir!