PDA

View Full Version : Thread title change

sageofgrapefruit
2008-12-12, 03:49 PM
Can someone tell me how to change the name of a thread I created?

Halfshell
2008-12-12, 04:04 PM
First, you need to become a member of staff.

Or, alternatively, you can ask one who has Awesome Mod Powers in the relevant forum.

Hound
2008-12-12, 07:23 PM
Oh, and there must be bribes with alcohol made. That goes for asking a mod to do something or becoming a member of staff...

Denyer
2008-12-12, 09:29 PM
What? Editing the top post should do it. 'Advanced' (i.e the page that looks like a new post page) rather than the text box that appears with Javascript. I think it's on for the whole forum, not just the trade subforum...

Cliffjumper
2008-12-12, 10:53 PM
What? Editing the top post should do it. 'Advanced' (i.e the page that looks like a new post page) rather than the text box that appears with Javascript. I think it's on for the whole forum, not just the trade subforum...

I've done it a few times, including places where I'm not a mod. I just thought I was special, but apparently it's open to any idiot.

Oh, right....

EDIT: I must thank krazywackynuttygrapefruitbloke for deflecting attention from my own terrible Photoshop skills with that effort, though.

Denyer
2008-12-12, 11:10 PM
IIRC mods do have one or two abilities outside their forums; being able to move threads they started, etc.

inflatable dalek
2008-12-15, 09:14 AM
EDIT: I must thank krazywackynuttygrapefruitbloke for deflecting attention from my own terrible Photoshop skills with that effort, though.

Well, as much as I hate removing cliffy's distraction I have to point out Saga's new sig is to large to fit in with the amazing forum rules.