PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Collapse: Descend the Shades of Night (Stanix)

Pages : [1] 2

zigzagger
2008-12-18, 05:59 AM
Stanix – a city-state once conquered by the Decepticons has long since been abandoned, leaving behind the virtually inhabitable toxic landscape known as the Acid Wastes. Inheriting this dark legacy are the remaining neutralists, mutated and disfigured due to years of exposure to the territory’s noxious environments, struggling to survive in small settlements in the ruins of Yuss and in the abandoned Decepticon base Fort Scyk. With little to no infrastructure and no figureheads to guide the forsaken mechanoids, the state of affairs in Stanix is bleak with little hope in sight. However, a thought to be lost Cybertronian has arisen to reorganize the desperate people.

zigzagger
2008-12-18, 06:15 AM
"....And if I take you with me, so much the better!”

And then there was darkness. I became nothing more than a phantom, lost and without purpose. A half-life. And my thoughts and all the little pieces that compose me….

“I know you would welcome death, welcome the relief from these ghosts that haunt your waking nightmares.”

They too disappeared into the darkness. For once in my entire, wretched existence…

“So I intend to make your death’s slow and painful…and very long coming.”

I felt…bliss?

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

But when my thralls dragged me screaming back into reality, though my thoughts resumed, the pieces were now realigned. I had gained more. It was the abandoned shell they found – my, what a marvelous thing. I’ve only begun to unlock its many secrets.

We share the same diseased mind. It understands me. It welcomes me.

"Welcome to hell.”

13thScorpio
2008-12-20, 04:45 AM
Shuttle

"Okay,you got me there."Growl replied to Skullcruncher."Not so good leader,but good in a fight.How in the frak does that help Gig's?Anyone ever tried to stir up the Empties or the religous types?Make them stupid fighting mad,and you gotta hell of an ally.'Cept maybe the Empties,thier not so good on the fighting part,but they'd make great cannon fodder.And besides,isn't Stanix an undead place?Sending troops into the city of the walking dead.....wanna put a sign on my back that says 'free food'?"He growled,holding his shotgun just a slight bit closer to him.Frightened barely began to describe how he felt.

Warcry
2008-12-21, 07:25 PM
Shuttle

Cyclonus kept a tight grip on the ship's controls as they passed over the Rad Zone, an area almost as dangerous as the Acid Wastes they were headed toward. The shuttle's sensors slowly filled with static as the ambient radiation started to overwhelm them, leaving the Decepticon to fly by sight and by instinct.

It will only get worse when we get where we're going, he told himself.

"It won't come to that," he told Flywheels. "We're not here to deal with whatever monsters may infest Stanix. All we are here for is the Decepticon Matrix. If the living dead or hideous mutants want to make Stanix their home, they're welcome to it."

"Not so much dead as mutants, from what I hear," Skullcruncher shrugged. "But the rumours are a little jumbled." He shrugged. "Don't worry, boy. If it looks like they're gonna kill us, I'll eat you first so they don't get the chance."

He shot Growl a smile that was meant to be reassuring, but would probably come off as unsettling after what he'd just said. His mouth full of serrated, sharp teeth probably didn't help, either.

optimusskids
2008-12-21, 09:16 PM
Shuttle

Flywheels chuckled darkly

"If it comes to that Skully I reckon i can move faster than you can or Growl either."

Venom moved reptilianly

"I think even mutants or undead will not resist my stinger."

13thScorpio
2008-12-23, 01:24 AM
Shuttle

"Next time then,I won't bring up the subject of food."Growl replied to Skullcruncher,his tone less then confident.He then turned his head to Venom and Flywheels. "I don't have poison,and I may not move that fast,"He grinned widely,"But I am at least damn sure I have firepower.Lots,and lots of it."

Warcry
2008-12-24, 04:29 AM
Shuttle

Skullcruncher laughed coldly at Growl and Flywheels' reaction to the idea of being eaten.

"Just make sure you aim all that firepower in the right direction, boy, and you'll do just fine," the Headmaster told Growl.

He shot Flywheels a grin. "Well, half of you can, anyway."

Cyclonus guided the ship into Stanix airspace and did his best to ignore the mindless banter coming from the passenger compartment.

optimusskids
2008-12-29, 10:24 PM
Shuttle

"Trust me if we're being chased both parts of me will find a way of staying ahead of the ravening hordes. You never know if they are mech eating mutants they might even make you king or smething Skully."

Warcry
2008-12-31, 05:42 AM
Shuttle

Skullcruncher shrugged. "Maybe, Flywheels, but I'm not keen to find out."

In the cockpit, Cyclonus took a tighter grip on the controls as they entered Stanix airspace. Storms started to toss them around, turning the previously-smooth flight into an amusement park ride. To make matters worse, the storm interfered with the shuttle's sensors and the sulphuric-yellow acid rain made it almost impossible to see more than an shuttle-length in front of the vehicle.

"Brace yourselves," the Unicron-spawned Decepticon told his crew.

13thScorpio
2009-01-05, 03:03 AM
Shuttle

"Bracing sir."Stir Crazy.Growl told Cyclonus and held on as the shuttle went down.He didn't mutter any prayers,or yell,or anything else.He went out of his mind. When they landed,he wouldn't remember much of the trip.

Warcry
2009-01-06, 05:36 AM
Shuttle

As the winds started to throw the shuttle around even more, Cyclonus almost lost his grip on the controls. Realizing that he wasn't going to be able to keep her in the air until they reached their target, he started looking around for a nice, smooth section of ground to settle the ship down on.

There wasn't one. Everywhere he looked, the wilds of Stanix were covered with ruins, jagged plinths of rock and shallow pools of acid. Aiming for one of the latter, he vaguely wondered, Does this ship have a topside hatch?.

Then the shuttle hit the ground, and all thought left him.

optimusskids
2009-01-07, 10:33 PM
Shuttle

Venom transformed and gripped hard on to a surface with all his legs.

Flywheels safety belt jerked him to a stop then broke. He hit the back of the seat in front and split on half his tank half crumpling to the floor while his top half plunged forward through the windscreen in a shower of glass.

Warcry
2009-01-08, 07:04 AM
Shuttle

Skullcruncher picked himself off the ground, then comically patted around for a few seconds until he found his head and set it back on his shoulders.

"Grax, you moron," he muttered, "learn to hold on!"

- ? -

Cyclonus was floating in the dark. All around him was emptiness, a vacuum so featureless and bleak that it really couldn't be described as space, because space only existed in relation to the things that filled it. And Cyclonus...Cyclonus had been here before. He knew that he wasn't alone.

"I'm waiting..." he thought curtly.

"Good for you, Cyc," Scourge's voice echoed through the void. "That's just great. The Cyclonus I knew, though, had a bit more patience."

"Has it ever occurred to you that I've changed over the last few years?"

"Not really," Scourge told him. The other Decepticon seemed to materialize out of thin air in front of Cyclonus, a few paces away. "But then, no one wanted to believe that I had changed, either." As he spoke, his body morphed from the light blue figure that Cyclonus was familiar with into a graceful crimson form that only superficially resembled his previous incarnation. The new Scourge shrugged. "But then, who am I to say? I'm not there anymore, remember?"

"Just because you're dead doesn't mean you can't be helpful," Cyclonus almost snapped. "Or am I going to be visited by annoying revenants every time I take a nap, now?"

"You really need to learn how to relax, Cyc. Has anyone ever told you that?" Scourge morphed back into his original form, then shrugged again. "But if you must be so rude about it, yes, I have something to say." His expression turned serious. "You have no idea what you're walking into in Stanix, my old friend. You will find nightmarish things here. This place will haunt you for the rest of your life. I won't be able to help you when the time comes, but I might be able to make it a bit easier for you to make the choice."

"What are you going on about?" Cyclonus asked his ex-partner's ghost. "Speak in plain language!"

"You can't trust anyone you meet here or anything you see," Scourge told him. "Nothing is as it seems."

"Is it ever?" Cyclonus asked. "Specifics would be nice."

"They aren't mine to give," Scourge said, his physical form quickly fading from sight. "When it happens, you'll know. Trust your brain, not your emotions, or you will lead your troops to ruin."

Cyclonus was about to ask him one more time for details, but the world started to grow light around him, and he knew their time was done.

"Good luck," Scourge's faint, disembodied voice called to him from the ether.

Shuttle

Cyclonus groaned, then slowly started to feel sensation return to his body. The first thing he felt, when he was able to tell one feeling from another, was the distinct sharpness of broken glass.

Someone's hurt, he thought as he struggled toward full consciousness.

zigzagger
2009-01-08, 08:31 AM
Fort Scyk

(OOC: Muh ha ha ha ha ha!)

It didn’t take long for me to take up residence in Fort Scyk. It helps to have mindless sycophants willing to obey your every whim. Pathetic wretches, so desperate for someone to guide them.

-----------

Naturally, there are the occasional malcontents. Rebels fearful of change - 'tyrant' they’d call me. Aside from serving as examples to the masses or inquisitional purposes, they also provide me with endless entertainment. They become canvases, a means to express my artistry.

-----------

Earlier this cycle, my thralls brought in a band of mutineers, shackled and all lined up neatly. I prefer to use arcane instruments to serve as my brushes and paints. I prefer not to be desensitized to my work. Today I have plenty of materials to select from, so I am easily inspired. I hang one from a strappado, with weights attached to my subject’s boots. This one was not talkative…I prefer that. The subject’s body however revealed to me its secrets once I flayed away the metal plating corroded by the harsh environments, yanked away the foul circuitry and fuel lines one by one, and left the subject to be “blooded”. During the purification, I allow myself to be showered in the tainted neon-hued fluids and oils, bathing and drinking in it. I like to become one with my art.

------------

Suddenly, I feel myself slip. As if my body had attempted reject me during my moment. Curiosity gets the best of me, and I allow it to happen for a moment to learn more, but I stop in fear of losing my spark in the process. I am allowed to control my destiny for one more solar cycle.

13thScorpio
2009-01-08, 10:02 PM
Shuttle

When the shuttle 'landed',Growl was slammed foward and tossed around.He got back up,and gave a hiss. "Next time,whoever is flying this thing,knock me out first.Primus!"He took a glimpse of his surroundings,shaking his head. "Now,where are we?And why?"He asked Skullcruncher.

Warcry
2009-01-09, 04:33 AM
Shuttle

Cyclonus slowly pushed himself to his feet and looked up to see that, indeed, someone had gone through the ship's windscreen.

I hope they managed to land clear of the other side of the acid puddle, he thought.

Ducking his head back into the passenger compartment, he saw half of Flywheels and quickly put two and two together.

"Growl, Skullcruncher, grab him," he told two of his subordinates. "Everyone activate your protective fields, then follow me. We're going outside."

The powerful Decepticon turned his back and stalked back into the cockpit, then finished smashing out the pane of glass that Flywheels' upper part had gone through. That done, he ducked outside into the torrent of acid rain that was falling, trusting his environmental protection field to guard him from its damaging effects. Then he waited out on the nose of the shuttle for the rest of his crew.

Skullcruncher shrugged at Growl. "By the looks of it, we're in the middle of an acid swamp somewhere in north Stanix," he told the younger Decepticon. Following Cyclonus' instructions, he grabbed one end of Flywheels' tank and waited for Growl to get the other. "As for the why, don't ask me. I'm just muscle. Cyc thinks Galvatron died here, though."

optimusskids
2009-01-09, 06:58 AM
Outside

Flywheels groaned opening one optic. He flicked on his personal protection field then sank back down.

Warcry
2009-01-13, 04:16 AM
Shuttle

Skullcruncher dragged Flywheels' lower half into the cockpit and out onto the ship's nose without waiting for Growl, then grunted to Cyclonus, "What now?"

"Can you swim through this?" Cyclonus asked him, nodding down toward the acid.

"Yeah, sure," Skullcruncher said. "Why?"

"Transform," Cyclonus ordered him, "and ferry this half of Flywheels to the rest of him."

"Sure thing," The Headmaster said. He transformed to alligator mode and let the Targetmaster settle the half-Duocon onto his back. Then he jumped out into the acidic water and started to paddle toward the shore.

After he was gone, Cyclonus transformed and rocketed up into the sky, looping around to get as good an idea of the lay of the land as he could, considering the nasty storm conditions.

13thScorpio
2009-01-16, 03:32 AM
Outside

Growl,growled as he activated his shield and walked out into the messy storm.A swamp,his aft end.This was a damn jungle.Not exactly great fighting conditions.Even worse,since his alt-mode was a land vehicle.He really needed to get a couple changes of tires for situations like this.Balloon tires or something of the like.He squelched onward,following after Skullcruncher and the tank half of Flywheels.Cyclonus was already gone,and it was just as well.

He was on a quest,of all things,to raise Galvatron from the dead,he remembered.He'd turn both crazies into nothing more then slag just on general princapals.He was begining to regret leaving the other two.And to top it off,he still had not gotten paid.Nor blown up the ship.But a shot at Galvy,well worth it.He found himself sinking in a hole that likely went over his head,and sank the rest of the way. He turned on his heat vision,and followed,grumbling the entire way as he moved so damn slowly.This was the last time he joined a faction without getting paid ahead of time.Lucky Bombshock,Dropshot and even luckier Tracer.He cursed them too.

Warcry
2009-01-19, 04:18 AM
Outside

Skullcruncher paddled up on shore, then rolled his shoulders, dropping Flywheels' lower half onto the ground. He glanced behind him to make sure that Growl hadn't gotten himself killed, then returned to robot mode and waited for Cyclonus to tell him what to do next.

Cyclonus, meanwhile, had located the other half of Flywheels. Seeing that the other Decepticon was rather the worse for wear, he unceremoniously grabbed him under one shoulder and started to half-carry, half-drag him to the rest of the group.

optimusskids
2009-01-19, 07:15 AM
Outside

Flywheels muttered incoherently

"That's it Trypticon get the Zombies."

13thScorpio
2009-01-19, 09:40 PM
Outside

Pulling himself back onto land,Growl stopped to take in his surroundings.It looked exactly the same as from when he got out of the ship. "Miserable place ain't it?"He asked Skullcruncher.

Warcry
2009-01-20, 06:25 AM
Outside

"Fragging gorgeous is what it is," Skullcruncher told Growl. "If I'd known we had a place like this on Cybertron, I would have taken my last vacation here. But then, I'm built to handle this kinda stuff, you know?"

Cyclonus dropped the top half of Flywheels beside his bottom and crossed his arms. Scowling, he looked around for Venom. He didn't see him, but given the size of his insect mode that didn't say much.

"Since you brought him along, Insecticon, I suggest you find a way to put him back together."

optimusskids
2009-01-20, 07:08 AM
Outside

Venom transformed appearing as if out of nowhere.

"Flywheels can you hear me?""

He produced a white box

"I took the liberty of bringing the first aid kit. I'd say shock so once I've treated that he should be able to recombine."

He produced a bottle and unscrewed the top.

13thScorpio
2009-01-21, 03:44 AM
Outside

"Yeah,I kinda noticed."Growl told Skullcruncher.He was rather startled by Venoms return,but tried not to show it."Makes you wonder why the rest of Cybertron ain't drowning the way it rains here."He looked to the sky,and cursed Primus. "Now,the perfect battlefields,a dusty hot and pockmarked field or plain.If it rains,at least the rains not eventually gonna kill you.Mud and dust are kind of a show of tour of duty.I mean,even city surviving has got to be better then dying of pelting by acid fragging rain."He flipped off the sky for good measure,hoping to get Cyclonus in on it too.

Warcry
2009-01-21, 04:55 AM
Outside

Skullcruncher grinned. "Well, boy, the rest of Cybertron ain't been nuked quite so much, for one thing. At the other Decepticon's mention of deserts, he had to repress a shudder. "Yuck," was all he had to say about that. "Never gonna catch me dead in one of those sand pits, I can tell you that."

Cyclonus watched Venom working, an impatient look on his face. Then he glared at Growl, just for good measure.

optimusskids
2009-01-21, 07:14 AM
Outside

Flywheels blinked as he saw Sparkstalker swirl into existence before him.

He comes, he has risen again beware...

Sparkstalker faded as the medcal treatment started to work.

13thScorpio
2009-01-22, 12:14 AM
Outside

"Be damn ironic if that's where you did end up dying.Just as bad as if I die here."Growl told Skullcruncher. "But,'stead of worrying about things like death close at hand,let's find the big ugly and get this over with."He chuckled.He looked to Flywheels and Venom. "Just wished they'd hurry up."

Warcry
2009-01-23, 05:04 AM
"Eh, don't be so eager for it," Skullgrin told Growl. "When things get nasty, you'll be wishing you were back here watchin' a lazy Duocon napping. Believe you me."

Cyclonus cleared his throat. "We have to get moving," he told Venom. "If he isn't able to come with us, put him out of his misery and lets get going, because we certainly aren't leaving him here to melt."

optimusskids
2009-01-23, 07:38 AM
Outside

Flywheels slid back together as internal mechanisms meshed.

He sat up

"ok who hit me."

Warcry
2009-01-24, 06:08 AM
"On your feet," Cyclonus told Flywheels. "We have places to go. Decepticons, with me!"

Cyclonus almost took to the skies and jetted away before realizing that Stanix was hardly a safe environment for high-speed flight...and more importantly, that half of his team was completely ground-bound. With a dissatisfied grunt, he started to walk in the general direction of Yuss.

Skullgrin chuckled at the Targetmaster's impatience, then followed.

13thScorpio
2009-01-29, 11:46 PM
Outside

Growl chuckled along with Skullcruncher.Seemed the flyboys always had that problem.No patience when it came to thier grounded comrades.He followed,keeping an eye on Flywheels,he trudged off to wherever they where going.

optimusskids
2009-01-30, 12:13 AM
Swamp

Flywheels shrugged

"Why oh why do I always get all the oh so glamorous missions."

Warcry
2009-01-30, 05:04 AM
"You're just lucky," Cyclonus told Flywheels. "That, and your Insecticon comrade volunteered you."

As they trudged along, he caught sight of shadows moving through the ruins not far away. However, the sheets of acid rain falling from the sky made it impossible to be sure what -- if anything -- was actually there.

"Be on your guard," he told his troops.

"What do you think we're doing now?" Skullcruncher muttered, just loud enough for Growl to hear.

13thScorpio
2009-02-02, 10:26 PM
Outside

"Killing things,likely."Growl told Skullgrin.He hitched his shotgun foward,and brought his cannon to bear on his shoulder. "Whatevers in those buildings ahead even has Cyco,crazier,and scared.I think we take his advice."Though he could hardly make out the ruins,he covered Flywheels,making sure to keep the dazed bot in front of him.He wasn't gonna get eaten first.

Warcry
2009-02-03, 05:49 AM
Skullcruncher half-smiled as he saw what Growl was doing. He was about to taunt the younger Decepticon for his cowardice when a fuel-curdling scream cut through the air around them. Half a second later, a hideous, spike-covered monster twice the Headmaster's size lunged out from a nearby pile of ruins and slashed out at Skullcruncher and Growl with four extra-long, talon-tipped arms.

Cyclonus turned as he heard the beast's call and he drew Nightstick in preparation to fire, but his troops were all bunched between him and the attacker.

optimusskids
2009-02-03, 07:20 AM
Flywheels transformed and his cannon barked as his tank fired at the monster.

His Plane half joined the fun firing missiles and his Gatling cannon.

13thScorpio
2009-02-03, 06:17 PM
Outside

Growl heard the scream,and barely had time to act as a claw nearly sliced his chest open.His cannon boomed and shotgun followed.He shot for the main body with his cannon and at the limbs with his shotgun.

"Okay.Now.I.Hate.This.P-"He was cut off at another swipe and stumbled backwards.

Warcry
2009-02-04, 05:48 AM
The mutant pretty much ignored Flywheels' and Growl's fire, despite the fact that the shots managed to rip chunks of metal and circuitry off of its torso. Whether it was too stupid to realize the damage it was taking or it was simply incapable of feeling pain anymore was anyone's guess.

Skullcruncher lunged at the creature and clamped his jaw down on his right leg, doing his best to bite off the limb. He didn't seem to be making any progress, though, and the creature didn't even acknowledge his existence.

Cyclonus groaned and stepped a few paces to the left, putting his troops out of the line of fire as he snapped off several rounds from Nightstick at the creature's eyes.

13thScorpio
2009-02-06, 07:30 PM
Backing off,Growl figured if the gun and cannon fire wasn't gonna stop the mutant,he was gonna do it the old fashioned way.He put his gun back and took out the mace he was carrying off his back.He charged in,setting the maces vibration on kill. "AAAAAHHHHHHHH" He slammed at the beasts head with all the force he could muster.

Warcry
2009-02-07, 06:08 AM
The mutant was blinded by Cyclonus' blast of black light only half a second before Growl clubbed him in the head. Its' neck cracked and its head lolled noticeably to one side as if it was broken, but the creature continued fighting. Despite its' lack of sight, it managed to take a fairly accurate backhand swipe at Growl, then kick Skullcruncher off of its leg toward Flywheels.

optimusskids
2009-02-15, 09:18 AM
Flywheels tank module ground to a halt as Skullcruncher landed on his Glacis plating.

Meanwhile his aerial module approached it from behind . It's Gatling gun chattering.

Warcry
2009-02-18, 04:59 AM
The mutant swiped blindly at Flywheels' jet mode, an act that would probably be ineffectual. Mechanical fluids dripped from its' wounds as it stumbled forward toward Growl.

Cyclonus vaulted toward the creature in an attempt to engage the monster at close range, but got swatted away like a ragdoll.

Skullcruncher transformed to robot mode and pushed himself up off the ground, then groaned. "I'm gettin' real sick of this," he said as he hefted up his sword and hurled it at the creature. It dug into the mutant's leg, burying itself to the hilt.

The monster turned back toward the source of the attack, wandering blindly toward the Headmaster and half-Duocon. Its wounded leg was noticeably dragging, and the fluids leaking from its' wounds had started to form a crust on it's joints.

13thScorpio
2009-02-19, 02:47 AM
Ruins

The pure and simple fact that the Mutant would not go down rather irked Growl.That and it had decided to make him his prey made his task a slight bit more worrisome.He charged regardless,switching in midjump to vehicle mode,hoping to slam into the mutant,all the while his gun booming with fire.

Warcry
2009-02-20, 04:41 AM
Growl's leap allowed him to slam full-on into the side of the mutant. The creature's already-injured leg snapped like a dry twig under their combined weight, and it found itself pinned underneath its attacker. Still blind, it swiped at the Decepticon's armour in an attempt to free itself, not giving up even as Growl's point-blank barrage bored deadly holes into its' guts.

optimusskids
2009-02-20, 10:18 AM
Ruins

Flywheel's tank module pivoted and rumbled forward intent on crushing the half of the mutant that wasn't trapped.

Warcry
2009-02-21, 05:48 AM
The mutant swiped at the ground as Flywheels closed on it, but it couldn't drag itself out from under Growl's weight. The half-Duocon rolled over its torso and the sound of crunching metal could be heard.

"Nnnn," Cyclonus said, picking himself up, "Enough of this! Just shoot it in the head and be done with it!" he told his troops.

"And don't drive over my sword!" Skullcruncher snapped.

13thScorpio
2009-02-24, 12:25 AM
"You do it!"Growl yelled back at Cyclonus,retransforming,and pounding at the Mutants head. "The damn thing don't want to die!" His cannon dropped down beside Skullcruncher and Flywheels.

Warcry
2009-02-24, 06:04 AM
Cyclonus scowled at Growl as he stalked toward the mutant, but his expression mellowed somewhat when the sickening snap of breaking neural linkages as the other Decepticon's rain of blows broke the mutant's neck.

"Good job," he told the ex-Micromaster. "Now pull yourselves together. We need to move."

Skullcruncher recovered his sword from the ground, then spat on the fallen mutant.

"Not even good for a meal," he said gloomily.

Warcry
2009-03-01, 06:24 AM
(OOC: You guys all suck. ;) )

Cyclonus led the band of Decepticons closer to the town of Yuss, trying to see through the intense acid rain that fell on all of them. He knew he could see the outlines of various mutants moving in the distance, but for the moment they weren't giving him or his men any further trouble.

For some reason he couldn't quite understand, that unnerved him even more than direct attacks would have.

"Sensors to maximum," he told his men. "Fan out, but stay in visual range of the rest of the unit. If Galvatron is here, the Decepticon Matrix should be easy to detect even through the rain."

optimusskids
2009-03-01, 10:33 AM
Flywheels rumbled after Skullcruncher.

"best not you'd never what might happen at least it didn't bite you. Otherwise you could end up like that squishie hero thing. Spiderskullcruncher. or maybe hideousmutantSkullcruncher."

13thScorpio
2009-03-02, 03:28 AM
(OOC:Yeah,I kow :p)

Ruins

Growl did as Cyclonus told him,setting his sensors to maximum,and trying to not get killed.Once his cannon was back in hand,he followed after,putting one of the mutants sharp limbs over his other shoulder.He was prepared for whatever was coming.Or at least he thought he was.

"Hideous mutant Skullcruncher sounds pretty good."Growl told Flywheels. "I think he'd make a good one."

Warcry
2009-03-03, 05:00 AM
Yuss

Skullcruncher transformed to alligator mode and waddled out onto the flank of the group, but not before sparing a growl for Growl.

"If I turn into a mutant," he said, "you just volunteered to be my first meal."

He smiled a cold reptilian smile, then ground his teeth together in anticipation.

Up ahead, Cyclonus swept the area with a scanner he'd brought along, specially-calibrated to detect Matrix energy. Its screen had been frustratingly dark for their entire trip so far, but as they entered the city, it started to ping.

"This way!" he told his troops, turning westward.

Reflector
2009-03-04, 11:33 PM
West Stanix Airspace

The cloaked shuttle rocketed through the dark sky on approach to its destination. In the cockpit, Ruckus picked up the radio to hail their rendezvous.

"Cyclonus, this is Squawktalk's crew. Our phase of the mission is complete. Request rendezvous coordinates. Over."

Blackjack
2009-03-05, 10:36 AM
Shuttle

"Whoever did this to Stanix really did the job properly." Barrage said. "Burnt down everything and salted the earth. Nothing short of mutants could grow here." Barrage said, marvelling in the destruction.

To Ruckus he said, "Don't think we need coordinates... Systems going down. Atmospheric pressure too great, we gotta land!"

Warcry
2009-03-06, 04:33 AM
Yuss

Ruckus's transmission came through, but it was shot with static and barely understandable. Cyclonus activated his own comm system to respond.

"We're in Yuss," he told the Triggercon, "heading for what used to be the downtown. Coordinates..." he scowled. "Your guess is as good as mine. Our GPS systems don't work through the radiation."

Turning to look back at the assorted henchmen who'd come with him, he said, "The rest of our unit is enroute."

Reflector
2009-03-06, 10:09 PM
Shuttle

Ruckus had wanted to ignore Barrage's warnings... until the shuttle's engines went out. The ship slowly arced down into a nosedive, and Ruckus' optics gaped.

"We're goin' down! Brace for impact!"

The autopilot recognized the emergency well enough to shut down the cloack and deploy two RAM air turbines from the nose of the craft. The extra power they provided allowed for the deployment of emergency wings,air brakes, and landing gear, which gave Ruckus' frustrated yanks of the control stick some traction. The nose came up slightly and the shuttle's velocity dropped, but not enough to avoid skimming the top of a skeletal building before bouncing to an abrasive halt on the blank plains that had once been the Yuss industrial district.

In the cockpit, Ruckus sighed sharply.

Blackjack
2009-03-07, 02:50 AM
Shuttle

Barrage cursed as the shuttle crash landed. When his vision cleared, he saw Ruckus still in the pilot seat. He must've steered us clear. He said "Roadblock- Squawktalk- everyone alright?"

To Ruckus, Barrage said, "Well, at least we're safe... any idea where the others are?"

13thScorpio
2009-03-07, 03:06 AM
Yuss

"If that's so,then you volunteered to be put on the pointy end of the leg."Growl told Skullcruncher,pointing the leg in question at the gator. "I'll be thrice damned by Unicron himself if I end up being your lunch.Seeing as what we're looking for,I may well be."He then heard Cyclonus talk about the rest of a unit. "I thought this was our unit C.Cyc.What's with more?"

optimusskids
2009-03-07, 10:02 AM
Shuttle

Squawktalk clung to his perch desperately.

"I still function. Well done Ruckus good job."

Warcry
2009-03-08, 05:41 AM
Yuss

"Allegedly, they're bringing a local who can guide us around the city," Cyclonus told Growl.

Nearby, Skullcruncher chuckled at Growl. "If you're gonna be that way, boy." He nodded toward the leg that the other Decepticon was brandishing. "You might not wanna touch that too much, though. It's prob'ly contagious."

optimusskids
2009-03-08, 11:57 AM
Yuss

Flywheels followed Skullcruncher scanning the ground very carefully

"They come out of the ground."

~*~

Venom settled on Skullcruncher in insect mode.

"Out here they really are all out to get you."

Reflector
2009-03-09, 09:24 PM
Shuttle

Ruckus smirked across the cockpit at Barrage.

"It's all in the reflexes."

He pushed himself from his seat and hunkered back into the hold. With a grunt, he hoisted Backfire onto his shoulder, pulled a pistol, and kicked open the rear hatch.

"Lead the way, boss," he shouted back to Squawktalk.

Blackjack
2009-03-10, 09:29 AM
Shuttle

"Of course." Barrage said dryly at Ruckus. "Harmonic shields at maximum, and I can still feel the rad." he muttered. "You okay, Roadblock?" Barrage asked the silent Decepticon.

Chip1123
2009-03-10, 05:50 PM
Roadblock hovered on the edge of consciousness after the crash. From what seemed like a long way off, he heard his comrades calling his name and it pulled him back. "I'm here." Roadblock said, clearing away the cobwebs in his processor. "Systems shut down when we crashed. Everything is still a little slow coming back online."

Warcry
2009-03-11, 03:05 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus couldn't tell from his sensors whether or not they were getting closer to the source of Matrix energy he had detected, but he knew it in a way that was very, very disturbing to him.

(OOC: Any time you're ready, ziggy. :) )

Skullcruncher grinned. "Well, Flywheels, that just means they're that much closer to a painful, bite-related death."

The Headmaster shivered a bit as Venom settled on his back.

13thScorpio
2009-03-11, 05:16 AM
Yuss

"So,is this 'guide' gonna do any better then the ticker your carrying Cyc?"Swinging his new spiked leg up to his shoulder,and grinning back at Skullcruncher. "Then I guess your my meal ticket when I turn.Hope I get nice big teeth too."He then turned to Flywheels.

"Then we turn it into Whack-A-Mutant my friend."To demonstrate,the leg and gun was replaced by his mace.

optimusskids
2009-03-12, 07:22 AM
Yuss

Squawktalk fluttered down to the shuttles accesss hatch and tapped the controls with his beak.

"good work troops, is everyone ok ?"

~*~

Flywheels shuddered reliving memories of Zombies

"If they come out of the ground I'm going to be in the air introducing them to Mr Missile and Mr Gatling gun."

Reflector
2009-03-12, 09:21 PM
Yuss

Ruckus surveyed the seemingly boundless wasteland with little bother. He'd seen worse places.

"Hey Roadblock!" he shouted back into the shuttle. "Grab our other little treasure, will ya?"

Ruckus shifted Backfire's weight on his shoulder and nodded to Squawktalk.

"So where to, chief?"

Chip1123
2009-03-13, 01:53 PM
Roadblock stood back up. "I'll live." He said in response to Squawktalk's question. Roadblock grabbed their 'treasure' and threw it over his shoulder, grunting as he did so. Something was damaged in one of his shoulders. I'll have to get that checked on when we get back, he thought to himself.

optimusskids
2009-03-13, 05:09 PM
Yuss

Squawktalk indicated a relatively undamaged tower block

"lets head for the high ground, while I contact Cyclonus."

He commed Cyclonus

"Please indicate your position so we can rendezvous."

Blackjack
2009-03-14, 01:18 AM
Yuss

Barrage nodded. "Let's." Barrage transformed and shrank into insect mode and settled on Squawktalk's back.

Warcry
2009-03-15, 05:29 AM
Yuss

"We're near the city centre," Cyclonus told Squawktalk. "I can't be any more precise because GPS sensors won't work here and repeated nuclear detonations have turned all of the recognizable landmarks into dust."

optimusskids
2009-03-15, 09:10 AM
Yuss

Squawktalk considered the problem

He commed Cyclonus back

"What if I activate my sonic boomers and you head for the sound of them."

Warcry
2009-03-17, 03:33 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus bristled at Squawktalk's suggestion. He was so close to getting what he'd come for, and he didn't want to delay for even a millisecond. But he was pragmatic enough to know that he might need the extra hands.

"I can do that," he said grudgingly. "Do you just need a guide, or do you have injured who need transport?"

optimusskids
2009-03-17, 07:03 AM
Yuss

Squawktalk replied

"Just the guide. Activating Sonic Boomers now."

Squawktalk looked at his troops.

"I'm going to activate my sonic boomers to help Cyclonus locate us. Be alert in case they attract any unwelcome attention."

He started booming

Blackjack
2009-03-17, 09:27 AM
Yuss

Barrage fluttered away from Squawktalk's back just in time, otherwise he would've bore the brunt of Squawktalk's sonic booms.

Transforming and expanding to robot mode, Barrage landed in a slightly crouching position, wielding his spear and his sonic pulse gun, alert for trouble.

Warcry
2009-03-18, 03:56 AM
Yuss

"Very well," Cyclonus said, the last word of his reply partially cut off by the beginning sonic booms.

Deactivating his internal comm unit, he turned back to his men and said, "Hold this position. I'm rendezvousing with our reinforcements. Venom, you're in command until I get back."

Without waiting for a reply, the uncharacteristically-impatient Targetmaster transformed to jet mode and blasted off into the sky, heading in the general direction of Squawktalk's sonic booms.

Blackjack
2009-03-18, 01:09 PM
Yuss

Barrage looked around, his audio sensors shut off. Sonic boomers hurt. a. lot. "There." he pointed at the approaching figure of Cyclonus. "C'mon. And don't forget the prisoners."

optimusskids
2009-03-18, 09:45 PM
Yuss

Venom hopped off Skullcruncher and transformed.

"Ok troops lets get dug in, first floor of that ruin should be ideal. If anything tries to come up through the floor we'll spot them. Growl you and Flywhels start clearing it from the ground floor. Skullcruncher and I will start on whats left of the roof and work down."

Venom gestured to a partly demolished but still structually intact 3 storey low rise building with what looked like it had once been a shopfront at ground level.

Reflector
2009-03-19, 04:55 PM
Yuss

Ruckus stood patiently with his cargo on his shoulder, relishing Squawktalk's blaring beacon. He spotted Cyclonus approaching from the north and pointed, not bothering trying to be heard over the sonic boomers.

Warcry
2009-03-20, 03:47 AM
Yuss

Skullcruncher smiled ferally at Venom's instructions. He transformed to robot mode and hefted his softening-up gun, then shot the Insecticon a half-grin.

"Lead the way, boss," he said as he started to drift toward the indicated building.

Cyclonus streaked over top of Squawktalk and company, then swung around, transformed and hit the ground at a speed that would have been frightening to anyone else. The Targetmaster, on the other hand, just skidded forward for a few seconds before coming to a halt a few feet from the cassette.

"I'm here," he said. "Lets go."

Unfortunately, before they could go much of anywhere the Targetmaster caught sight of a group of minibot-sized mutants watching them not far away. On his shoulder, he could feel Nightstick shifting nervously.

"Is your shuttle secure?" he asked the other Decepticons.

optimusskids
2009-03-20, 06:36 AM
Yuss

Venom strode towards the building.

~*~

Squawktalk shook his head

"Our shuttle isn't good, took some damge on the way in."

zigzagger
2009-03-20, 07:32 AM
Fort Scyk

Deep within the abandoned Decepticon Fortress, the master of the house admires his “work” after an interrogation had gone awry. As the demented lord stood back from the mutilated figure, a servant enters the chamber.

“My lord. Pardon my…”

“Pity. Our captor didn’t divulge much,” He spoke in trancelike tone. “Still, it has a Slog-arian quality, does it not?”

“Err, umm, y-yes my lord,” the mutant servant stammered. “Do forgive my intrusion, but word has reached the Fort…we have visitors here in Stanix. Outsiders.”

“Oh, do we now? How delightful,” He answered dryly.

“Witnesses report they bear the Decepticon insignia. A small convoy has just recently crossed the Yuss city limits,” the servant told him.

Before he could answer, the master slumped forward, overcome by a sharp pain. That word his servant used - Decepticon - some how provoked this response.

It exposed a segment of his being that had been locked away from him.
It was only a fragment, but it fascinated him none the less.

“My lord, are you alright?”

“Strange indeed,” he grinned. “This has piqued my curiosity. It should prove entertaining at least.”

Chip1123
2009-03-20, 03:22 PM
Roadblock saw that something had caught Cyclonus's attention, but his optics, while functioning, could not zoom due to the damage from the crash.

Another item to add to the repair list he thought. "What's out there?" He asked. "What's got everyone so spooked?"

Blackjack
2009-03-20, 04:16 PM
Yuss

"Shall I obliterate them?" Barrage asked Cyclonus and Squawktalk. Megatron's Decepticons, Autobots, those he'll shoot without question. However, attacking these wild mutants might only be a mere waste of time and ammo. And he'll need ammo, much ammo here.

Warcry
2009-03-21, 05:03 AM
Yuss

Skullcruncher entered the building alongside Venom (well, actually a few paces behind him -- that way, if something mangled the Insecticon he would be able to gun it down and eat whatever was left of his superior officer as a snack), watching vigilantly for any attackers as they started up a stairwell that, presumably, led to the top of the building.

"Mutants," Cyclonus told Roadblock. He gave Barrage a sidelong look that bordered on a glare and said, "If it was that simple, they would already be dead. These...things are incredibly durable and resistant to pain. Until they get a lot closer, don't waste your ammunition."

The creatures were, in fact, slowly encroaching on the group of Decepticons. Cyclonus frowned.

"In fact, your time would be better spent rendering your shuttle into scrap," he said before turning to Squawktalk and saying, "If we can't secure it against them, we certainly aren't going to leave it here for them to pick clean."

As if to emphasize his point, he raised his rust ray rifle and unleashed it on the ship's hull.

Blackjack
2009-03-21, 06:03 AM
Yuss

Barrage nodded, "Very well."

Artillery ports slid out from Barrage's hips and shoulders and he opened fire on the shuttle, which exploded with blossoms of fire.

Dimly Barrage realized that Cylconus is trying to make a point--no one leaves untill they secured Galvatron.

"You okay, Roadblock? No offense, but you look like Pit."

Reflector
2009-03-22, 07:07 PM
Yuss

Ruckus grinned wildly at the volley of fire, and he joined in with a rocket from his shoulder cannon. It was a bit overkill, since Cyclonus and Barrage had already demolished the shuttle, but the impact decimated its landing location and left a crater ten meters across.

"Fun. All right, let's get movin'. What's the plan, boss?"

13thScorpio
2009-03-23, 03:35 AM
Yuss

Doing as Venom ordered,Growl lugged himself at the building.First floor ground clearing. "You ready Chopper?We're gonna need those guns of yours."He told Flywheels.He,on the other hand,planned on doing a smash and grab sort of thing.Nothing specific,just smash,and grab,and smash some more.He entered the ground floor.

Warcry
2009-03-24, 04:32 AM
Yuss

After examining the obliterated remains of the shuttle, Cyclonus looked over at Ruckus and said, deadpan, "Not getting killed will be the first step. We'll head north and rendezvous with the rest of the team at a location they've secured. From there, we'll proceed toward the presumed location of the Decepticon Matrix."

He hefted his datapad, complete with an 'X' that marked the location he'd detected the matrix energies, amidst some sort of sizable complex in the city centre.

"Speaking of, where is this local you were supposed to acquire for me? If he could identify what this place is, it would be extremely helpful."

Blackjack
2009-03-24, 04:41 AM
Yuss

"Local's this guy. Backfire." Barrage pointed at the unconscious mech on Roadblock's shoulder. Barrage then trudged on in the direction Cyclonus pointed.

Not that it's an easy task. The pressure and the radiation limited his vision and sensors, and made it damn hard to walk.

Warcry
2009-03-24, 05:34 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus made a noise like a steel grate being scraped across a pile of gravel. "Wake him up," he said curtly. "Now."

As they moved out, the pack of midget mutants who had been eyeing them started to follow, closing in ever so slightly.

optimusskids
2009-03-24, 07:02 AM
Building

Flywheels trailed after Growl.

He scanned his surroundings

"Ready for anything."

~*~

Yuss

Squawktalk swooped down and extracted a syringe from subspace

He injected Backfire.

"he should be awake in a few moments."

Blackjack
2009-03-24, 10:54 AM
Yuss

It is clear that the Mutants aren't sentient. Any sentient being wouldn't have dared face a large brute like Roadblock, or someone with feared reputations like Ruckus and Barrage himself.

Especially Cyclonus. Ruckus and my own rep is enough to send any Decep thinking twice before engaging us. But him... He's something else entirely. He radiates danger and death. Like... Like...

Barrage thoughts stalled, and his eyes widened in realization. His mandibles twitched. He's becoming like Galvatron, save for the madness. Primus, this is gonna get rough...

An emotionless creature, Barrage seldom showed any emotion. Disappointment or rage, maybe. But now he experienced fear. Cyclonus scared him.

Chip1123
2009-03-24, 07:18 PM
"I may be a little dinged up, but more than good enough to still kick your, or any mutant's, tail" Roadblock said to Barrage. "Takes more than a shuttle crash to keep me down."

Warcry
2009-03-25, 03:58 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus gave Squawktalk a glare out of the corner of his optics.

"Good," he said.

Skullcruncher stepped out onto the roof of the building, then glanced back over his shoulder at Venom. "What now?"

optimusskids
2009-03-25, 07:11 AM
Yuss

Venom scanned the surrounding territory.

"We emplace a sensor up here , then we sweep the building and kill anything that gets in our way."

~*~

Backfire opened his optics and sat up.

"Ouch too much energon , must have been a helluva a night."

He looked around

"What the slag, where am I?"

Warcry
2009-03-27, 03:52 AM
Yuss

"I like the last part the best," Skullcruncher told Venom. "Where do we wanna put it?"

Cyclonus glared down at the freshly-awakened Backfire and said, "That's what we brought you here to find out." He thrust his datapad at the other Transformer. "Where are we now, and where is that signal leading us?"

optimusskids
2009-03-27, 07:06 AM
Yuss

Venom pointed to a slightly raised part of the roof.

"I thought you would enjoy that part of it."

~*~

Backfire looked round

"Yuss, you've brought me back to Yuss and you want to go into Fort Scyk , I can't believe it."

Blackjack
2009-03-28, 02:34 AM
Yuss

Barrage let Cyclonus talk to Backfire--too bad for the other Decepticon--and instead focused his optics on the midget mutants. Readying his sonic pulse gun, his mandibles twitched with anticipation. Wonder whether mutants will give me indigestion...

Warcry
2009-03-28, 03:57 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus grunted, then turned his head and ignored Backfire's frightened mewlings.

Fort Scyk, is it? A strange place for Galvatron to have fallen. He thought on it for a few moments, then acknowledged, Well, perhaps not. It was an important fortification in its' day, and the Quintessons might have used it as an operations base. Or maybe Galvatron had converted it into a base for his own purposes and they tracked him there.

With a shrug, Cyclonus put the thought out of mind. Regardless, we'll find out soon enough.

They came upon a major intersection and, after consulting his internal navigation records, then turned to the right and headed back toward Venom and the rest of the unit.

"Am I that predictable, boss?"

Skullcruncher moved to the indicated location, then asked Venom, "Uh...what do I do?"

optimusskids
2009-03-28, 09:10 AM
Yuss

Venom shrugger

"Does a Mecannibal eat people."

Venom pulled the equipment out of subspace.

"Just poke a couple of small holes in the metal with your sword for the fasteners."

~*~

Smithereen shifted then opened an optic

"Ok which bozo hit me."

Backfire looked round panickly at the mutants

"Primus save me."

Warcry
2009-03-29, 03:21 AM
Yuss

"If you're going to complain," Cyclonus told Backfire and Smithereen (who he didn't recognize and didn't know why he was here), "we can always leave you behind for the mutants to chew on."

Skullcruncher shrugged. "Well, I s'pose I've never pretended to be a complex mech," he said to Venom as he sliced the holes the Insecticon had requested.

"There you go."

Blackjack
2009-03-29, 03:38 AM
Yuss

"Primus won't save you in this forsaken place." Barrage commented at Backfire. "However, if you prove useful, I might save you."

"Might." He repeated.

zigzagger
2009-03-30, 09:45 AM
Fort Scyk

In light of his most recent episode, the lord of the fortress sat in contemplative silence in his chamber as he attempted to pick apart his processor to divulge its secrets.

After placing himself in a near stasis lock-like status and shutting his cerebral barriers down, he takes the plunge...

Infraspace

When he awoke, he found himself in infraspace, a plain that can only be described as existing between life and death. Here, his body is represented as a phantasm composed of esoteric figures and numbers floating through a intangible world of information.

As data streams flowed around and above him, he reached out to touch them, but found that he was still unable decipher their meaning.

Suddenly, the abstract environment around him began to flow quicker - angrier. The streams of information began to violently collide and merge into each other, until forming a lone figure. One that was very displeased.

“Speak,” was all the master could ask.

optimusskids
2009-03-30, 06:27 PM
Yuss

Backfire shuddered

"coming with you will only delay the inevitable, we're all doomed. At least give me a weapon so I can defend myself."

Smithreen shook his head slowly

"I stick with you, together we stop mutants."

~*~

Venom slipped the scanner into place.

"complex maybe not complicated yes."

Warcry
2009-03-31, 04:01 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus wasn't bothering to listen to either Backfire or Smithereen, intent only on continuing to trudge toward the position that Venom et al were holding.

The crowd of mutants that were following them had grown ever larger as they passed through the city, he noticed, and several larger figures had fallen in with the group of Minibot-sized figures. He wasn't sure what they were up to or why they were following his men, but he knew he wasn't going to like it when he found out.

At least, he figured, we'll have a better chance dealing with them along with the rest of the team in a fortified position -- which was coming into view around the next corner.

"Make for that building," he ordered the troops, "slowly and calmly."

Skullcruncher chuckled. "Now, I'm not sure I'd say that," the Headmaster told Venom.

He watched as the Insecticon set the scanner into place, then half-grinned and said, "Now, you mentioned something about killing?"

Infraspace

While the self-styled 'master' saw his surroundings as a swirl of figures and numbers, the spectre -- who had been here for far longer than his counterpart ever stayed -- perceived it both more and less clearly. To him it was a jail, a purgatory that was worse in some ways than the burning hells of the Pit. And his visitor was his jailer, his infinitely wrong presence keeping the spectre from fully committing to one side or the other.

"You don't belong here," he told the 'master'. "Leave now and save yourself from what is to come."

zigzagger
2009-03-31, 05:54 AM
Infraspace

“Hmph, you are in no position to demand anything from me. I see no need to honor such a request….whatever you are,” the 'self-styled master' replied. “It would prove difficult even if I desired to do so. You and I clearly share the same life-force – which I can only attribute to your bothersome attempts to reconfigure my spark.”

He approached the figure, stopping short several feet away.

“But this is my destiny, and I will not tolerate it to be reshaped be some, pfff, mere apparition. One way or another, I will have access to the secrets you’ve managed to block from me.”

optimusskids
2009-03-31, 06:18 AM
Yuss

Venom nodded

"That's right lets clear this place out."

Reflector
2009-03-31, 11:19 PM
Yuss

Ruckus followed Cyclonus dutifully and turned to Backfire with a glare.

"I got a weapon for ya right here," he sneered, pointing his mortar cannon at the prisoner. "We'll defend yourself if we decide you're worth it."

optimusskids
2009-03-31, 11:30 PM
Yuss

Backfire shivered

"you don't understand, what we're facing out here, theres a reason I was trying to drown my sorrows in ENergon even though Yuss happened so long ago."

Chip1123
2009-04-01, 03:30 PM
"Slowly and calmly? Don't think I can get there any other way right now. Damaged, and carrying this bot... I think my only option is slowly." Roadblock said, half jokingly, half serious. "Let's just get there and into cover. Those muties kinda freak me out."

13thScorpio
2009-04-01, 09:24 PM
Building,1st Floor

Growl came face to face with a mutant,who apperantly lacked the energy or the will to fight him.It was a twisted,ugly sight,and certainly something that would make a fleshies mind snap.

"Hey,Flywheels,check this."He pulled out the leg he had on his back and poked the mutant.It ushered a growl,but no more.A slight twist of hidden tracks,it looked outside. "Yeah,go out there ugly,we need this building."

Warcry
2009-04-03, 04:51 AM
Yuss

"We understand perfectly well," Cyclonus told Backfire without deigning to turn back and look at the cowardly Transformer. "Between us we have lived through three different comings of Unicron, the Kalis zombie infestation, the Time Wars, two Scraplet outbreaks and a Hate Plague. We survived those and we will survive this as well."

His confident words, however, lost a bit of weight when the horde of mutants surged forward, trying to overwhelm the small band of Decepticons.

"Move!" Cyclonus told his troops.

Skullcruncher hefted his rifle and headed back toward the stairwell. "Boss," he told Venom, "now you're speakin' my language."

Infraspace

"You know nothing," the spectre told his sparring partner. "You think I am holding something back from you, that I am trying to remake you in my image? I think not. Your precious destiny isn't your own, and it never was. The powers you are toying with are beyond anything you can imagine."

zigzagger
2009-04-03, 05:24 AM
Infraspace

“Ha! Very amusing, spectre,” The digitized avatar grinned in reply (OOC: Yeesh, I’m running out of ambiguous things to call him other than “master”, etc). “And what pray tell is my destiny since you clearly seem to know the ‘answers’. Please indulge me. If what you say is true, that you are holding nothing back from me, then merge with my conscious - and give me the answers I seek.”

optimusskids
2009-04-03, 05:55 AM
Yuss

Venom nodded and slid his axe from subspace, with that in one hand and his gun in the other he turned to Skullcruncher.

"Ok then let's lock and load."

He followed Skullcruncher towards the stairs.

~*~

Flywheels looked at Growl

"Stop playing with it, kill it already."

~*~

Backfire looked at Cyclonus

"I'm goint to un subspace my shoulder cannon at least you can let me defend myself."

Blackjack
2009-04-03, 08:01 AM
Yuss

Barrage said to Backfire. "Do it. But if any shot hits any non-mutant, I'm going to tear you apart and eat you, accident or no accident."

As he moved slowly backwards, he flicked up two of his sonic machineguns and started sending sonic blasts at the mutants. Technically, the fact that Barrage's main weaponry are sonic guns (which require no ammo save for energy to run it), a spear, and bullets made from retrigurated remains, he never ever needs ammunition.

Mutated limbs blew off left and right, but the mutants keep on coming towards them. Barage shouted, "GO! I'll hold them off as long as I can."

Warcry
2009-04-05, 03:52 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus let out a low growl from the back of his throat as Barrage started to fire on the mutants. That only enraged them more, and scores more mutants emerged -- leaping from buildings, soaring out of the sky or erupting from the ground itself -- and started to attack.

"Cease fire, you idiot!" the Unicron-spawned Targetmaster snapped. "I ordered you to retreat, not start shooting up the entire block and attracting even more of them! There are tens of thousands of these things in the city, if not more. Or are you so deluded that you think you can take on the entire population of Stanix on your own?"

As he spoke, Cyclonus caught sight of a particularly angry-looking mutant drawing close to him. He punched the creature in the face, then vaulted over it and headed toward the building at a run. He considered simply transforming and covering the relatively short space through the air, but -- as shortsighted or annoying as they might be -- the troops were his responsibility and he wasn't going to leave them.

"If they get in your way," he told Backfire, "take them out. But don't waste your time trying to fight them. There are too many."

After he said that, he shrugged Nightstick off of the perch he'd taken on his shoulder and caught the Nebulan as he transformed into gun mode.

Skullcruncher frowned as the sounds of battle reached them from below.

"It sounds like someone's having some fun," he told Venom.

Infraspace

"Are you even listening to me?" the revenant said. "I'm not the one making the decisions here, and neither are you. Your fate is no more in my hands than it is in yours. I won't bother trying to explain that to you because I know you can't understand. And I'm sure you're too stupid to listen, but I'll say it anyway: you're just as dead as I am. You were dead long before our paths crossed. You think you've seized a second chance, but all you've done is damn yourself to an eternity burning in the inferno that spawned me. The only chance you have to escape that fate is to leave now, before our essences grow any closer than they are now. If you value your spark at all, you'll stop pretending to be anything other than what you are."

zigzagger
2009-04-05, 04:38 AM
Infraspace

“Dead?” The spectre's words ran sharp through his being. The ‘master’ knew it was true, always did.

Though he was far too stubborn to admit it, he had little choice but to accept it. As he reflected on this, he momentarily recalled who he was – before this, before it had been slowly stripped away.

“Strangely enough, I…believe you. But if you cannot make me…us whole, then how do you propose we separate?”

Blackjack
2009-04-05, 11:09 AM
Yuss

"I don't know... But I'd be more than happy to find out whether I can take out the entire mutant population." Barrage replied. (He is that deluded.)

Still, an order is still an order. Barrage hastened his pace, and pocketed his noisy guns. Instead he activated his vibro-spear, impaling mutants that got in his way.

Warcry
2009-04-07, 03:49 AM
Yuss

"Try if you want," Cyclonus told Barrage, "but don't expect any help."

As he spoke, the Targetmaster charged into the building and barked at Growl and Flywheels, "We have mutants incoming!"

Infraspace

"Obviously you aren't listening," the wraith said. "If I knew how to do that, I would have done it myself with or without your participation."

zigzagger
2009-04-07, 04:48 AM
Infraspace

“Not the answer I was hoping for,” the self-styled master replied.

The digitized form turned away from the wraith and began to float away from him. “Well, then. No sense in denying my fate. I am, after all, already dead. The process at this state is irreversible. I can feel it just having been near you for such a brief period – just as you said.

He quietly chuckled. "Our encounter has not only shown me that it is fact the core of this shell and not you that works to bind me to it, but also that simply by being within close proximity of you, I now have the means to access it. I intend to allow it to complete its process - with me as the primary conscious.”

optimusskids
2009-04-07, 05:59 AM
Yuss

Venom peered through a shattered window.

"looks like we've got company. Care for a little competition see who can shoot the most of them?"

~*~

Flywheels waited until the last of th eparty was inside before dragging a Barricade over the doorway.

Blackjack
2009-04-07, 07:42 AM
Yuss

Barrage said to Cyclonus, "Not now. Later, when what we're here for is done." Saying so, he began to move in a brisk pace behind the Targetmaster, his energon spear impaling any mutant that gets too near.

Chip1123
2009-04-07, 08:29 PM
Roadblock tried to stay behind Barrage, letting him clear the path for him. He tripped and went to one knee, almost dropping his precious cargo, but got up and kept trudging behind the others, hoping to avoid the mutants who kept getting closer.

13thScorpio
2009-04-07, 09:34 PM
Building,1st Floor

Growl was about to do as Flywheels told him too when the mutant jumped out the window and ran off to somewhere.He was immidiatly thrown by several others who cleared the area.

"Somethings up buddy."Mounting one of his rocket launchers to the windows,he set up a permiter with his other firing weapons.Mace out,he stood by the door,only to be near plowed over by the new group that came in.

Warcry
2009-04-08, 04:54 AM
Yuss

"Shoot?" Skullcruncher made a disgusted noise at Venom. "Oh, fine. It doesn't seem sportin' somehow, though. And it ain't gonna do anything about filling my belly, either."

The Headmaster shrugged. "But whatever. You're the boss, right? My gun really ain't for killing, though, so you're gonna win, no contest."

Hefting his demolecularization gun, he said, "I'll soften 'em up for ya, if you'll finish them off."

Then he smashed out the window and started to fire, the beams from his rifle starting to break down the molecules that made up the nearby mutants' armour.

Unlike the bulk of the Decepticons who were preoccupied with trying to fight off the oncoming horde of mutants, Cyclonus had moved into the centre of the building, silently pondering the situation they found themselves in.

A siege wasn't in my plans, he admitted silently. And most of the troops are ground-based. Trying to move them out of here would be suicide. Staying here, however, won't be much better.

"Squawktalk," he called out for the dimunitive communications officer, "a word?"

Infraspace

"Then let the consequences be on your head," the ghost said, his voice fading into the background as the dream world dissolved once again into reality.

optimusskids
2009-04-08, 06:13 AM
Yuss

Squawktalk hopped over to Cyclonus.

"you called."

Blackjack
2009-04-08, 07:58 AM
Yuss

Barrage moved slowly when he neared their fortress, giving time for the slower Roadblock and presumably Ruckus to make their way inside. As soon as they did, Barrage transformed into insect mode and buzzed after them.

Warcry
2009-04-10, 04:08 AM
Yuss

"We need to get out of here," Cyclonus said to Squawktalk. "You're the smallest of us, and you can fly. You've got the best chance of slipping out unnoticed. If I tell you how to get to my shuttle, can you fly it back here and land it on the roof?"

optimusskids
2009-04-10, 08:47 AM
Yuss

Squawktalk nodded slowly

"As long as it has a voice activation interface."

Warcry
2009-04-11, 07:01 PM
Yuss

"Better than that," Cyclonus told Squawktalk, "I'm fairly sure it has a cassette interface that you can plug into directly." He let out a dry chuckle, then said, "To be honest, you'll probably find it more comfortable in there since Flywheels took out the windshield."

optimusskids
2009-04-11, 09:17 PM
Yuss

Squawktalk nodded

"And there I was thinking it was only Autobts who did that. I will fetch it immediately and land it on the roof as ordered."

Warcry
2009-04-13, 03:52 AM
Yuss

"Thanks," Cyclonus told Squawktalk, already walking back toward a facing window with Nightstick in hand. He fired a few well-placed shots, dropping three mutants who had gotten too close to the building for comfort. "Keep firing," he told the other Decepticons. "And try to give Squawktalk some cover. He's recovering our shuttle."

Blackjack
2009-04-13, 05:20 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus' orders are music to Barrage's audio sensors."Keep firing? Hell yeah."

Barrage did not let his trigger finger move from his sonic pulse gun. Compressed sound energy and shrapnel pieces flew like rain from the window Barrage was firing from. Mutants blew up very quickly, but more replace those that are downed.

optimusskids
2009-04-13, 08:21 AM
Yuss

Venom fired his electro-blaster.

"Good work, I don't know if you want to eat a mutant anyway you don't know where it's been and I hear with Minibots you eat one and 5 minutes later you're hungry again."

~*~

Squawktalk fluttered up the stairwell heading fo the roof.

zigzagger
2009-04-14, 04:39 AM
Infraspace

Though he abruptly ended his previous discussion with his stalemated counterpart, the “self-styled master” remained in infraspace afterwards. Whether or not his continued presence would upset his other half, he did not care.

After he accessed what little of his body’s functions he had control over, he retrieved the jumbled bit of code he was able to extract from the spectre.

“Ready neural clamps, please. One can not be too safe...” He waited for his command to be executed and then continued. “Now -- access the core’s shell program. 40 percent threshold. I want to see it.”

As instructed, a representation of the “core’s” shell program materialized in front of him. His optics gleamed as torrents of data rushed forth from them and into the shell program.

“Yes, I command you to open!” He cried out. “Here I am. Take me!”

optimusskids
2009-04-14, 09:37 PM
Rooftop

Squawktalk crouched on the roof scanning the horizon for potential threats.

Warcry
2009-04-15, 04:52 AM
Yuss

"Yeah, yeah. They're probably no good for my teeth either," Skullcruncher told Venom sarcastically as he fired down at the mutants on the ground below.

Cyclonus watched Squawktalk flutter away out of the corner of his optics, then fired another volley of energy blasts at the encroaching mutants.

optimusskids
2009-04-15, 07:40 PM
Yuss

"Gotta look after them right , can't be easy for you to find a medic specialising in ani-form dentition. Especially one who's willing to risk life and limb."

Warcry
2009-04-17, 03:25 AM
Yuss

"It's not like I can get cavities," Skullcruncher told Venom. "They're made of metal."

He fired another volley at the mutants, turning one of the creatures that had gotten particularly close into something akin to rubber.

optimusskids
2009-04-18, 10:30 PM
Yuss

Venom nodded as he picked off another mutant

"I was thinking more of them getting blunt."

Warcry
2009-04-21, 04:00 AM
Yuss

Skullcruncher chuckled. "Mainly I just make Grax go in there with a file," he said.

A muffled noise of protest came from inside his skull.

"Oh, pipe down," the Headmaster told him. "You know darn well I ain't gonna eat you."

Outside the Decepticon-controlled fortification, a pair of exceptionally large mutants had closed to melee range and had started pounding on the side of the building, trying to punch a hole through the brickwork.

optimusskids
2009-04-21, 09:14 PM
Yuss

Venom glanced over at Skullcruncher

"I wouldn't trust him If I was you Grax."

He aimed at the nearest of the mutants and aimed a shot at him.

Warcry
2009-04-22, 03:49 AM
Yuss

"Don't give them any ideas," Skullcruncher snarled at Venom. The Headmaster sidled up as close to the wall as he could and fired almost straight down at one of the mutants who were attacking the building.

"I'm not Fangry," Skullgrin said more calmly. "I'm not going to eat my own head."

Blackjack
2009-04-22, 07:22 AM
Yuss

Barrage aimed low on the advancing mutants and opened fire, not even pausing to reload or to take cover. If someone looked him in the optic, he would see no emotion, no sorrow, no joy, no anger. Only emptiness and the flames of destruction. "DIE!!!!!" Barrage roared.

optimusskids
2009-04-22, 07:58 PM
Yuss

Venom shrugged

"Sorry their Grax professional paranoia leaking through. "

Chip1123
2009-04-23, 08:24 PM
Roadblock had set his 'cargo' down upon entering their 'fortress'. "Slagging mutants." He said, starting to get mad. "How long till the shuttle gets here?" he asked.

Warcry
2009-04-25, 03:41 AM
Yuss

"Soon," Cyclonus said dismissively. "But if the mutants eat you before it gets here, that will be cold comfort. Open fire!"

On the outside of the building, several smaller mutants had taken advantage of their fire-drawing larger kin to draw within range of the building and begin scaling the walls.

Blackjack
2009-04-25, 07:58 AM
Yuss

Barrage nodded to Cyclonus. "Fire are being opened."

The smaller mutants are scaling up the walls, and Barrage pointed his hip-mounted antenna guns down and fired towards the mutants.

optimusskids
2009-04-25, 09:55 AM
Enroute

Squawktalk winged his way through the skies towards the shuttle's last reported position.

Warcry
2009-04-28, 04:34 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus fired a steady barrage from Nightstick out at the encroaching horde, and noted that the Insecticon was doing likewise.

"Speed would be appreciated, Squawktalk," he muttered under his breath to the cassetticon who wasn't there.

optimusskids
2009-04-28, 06:17 AM
Shuttle

Squawktalk flapped his way though the shattered windscreen and quested around looking for the cassette drive.

He found it half buried under a chair that had torn loose of its mountings. With difficulty he grasped the top of the chair and flapping hard moved it away.

Reflector
2009-04-30, 02:49 AM
Finally ambling up after the others, Ruckus didn't need to ask for orders to know what to do. He gleefully took his spot alongside the others, flipped open his shoulder cannons, and fired a pair of mercury mortars out into the melee.

"Why didn't anybody tell me there was a party goin' on?" he shouted over the gunfire and distant explosions.

optimusskids
2009-04-30, 06:33 AM
Shuttle

Squawktalk popped into the cassette drive.

The shuttle jerked awkwardly upwards and flew forward one wing down.

Blackjack
2009-04-30, 11:18 AM
Yuss

Two large cannons slid into place on Barrage's shoulders (a la Stormbringer) "Well, that's probably because we're too busy blowing stuff up." he shouted back at Ruckus. His red eyes burned with a determination.

The cannons, along with his hip ports and his two sonic pulse guns, fired at the incoming mutants. As Squawktalk's shuttle neared, Barrage shouted to Cyclonus, "Squawktalk is back, Commander!" (OOC: If that's Cyclonus' rank...)

Warcry
2009-05-01, 04:35 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus fired another barrage at the oncoming mutants, then nodded to Barrage. "Good, good. Everyone, I want an orderly retreat up to the top floor. Barrage and myself will provide cover fire. Ruckus, bring up the rear and defend the rest of the group if we're overrun. The rest of you go, now!"

optimusskids
2009-05-01, 06:13 AM
Yuss

Flywheels fired at a mutant then turned to Growl

"Looks like we better move it."

~*~

Venom smiled as he saw the shuttle approaching through the window

"Looks like our ride is here."

~*~

The shuttle lurched as Squawktalk wrestled with the unfamilar control impulses.

It scraped the roof of a nearby building before he lined up with the one sheltering his colleagues

Chip1123
2009-05-01, 12:31 PM
Roadblock picked up his cargo again and went up the stairs as fast as he could, more so for his own safety than trying to help his teammates. He heard the shuttle coming and was ready to get out of the hell-hole he found himself in.

Blackjack
2009-05-01, 01:22 PM
Yuss

Barrage nodded affirmative grunts at Cyclonus. He appreciated the Air Commander's decision on keeping him on an offensive position--he honestly didn't know whether he'd be able to keep himself from demolishing the mutants if he were to retreat.

Self-control... something I should really learn. Barrage said, as he maintained fire on the mutants.

Warcry
2009-05-03, 04:02 AM
Yuss

Skullcruncher nodded in response to Venom. "Up we go, I guess."

He shot another blast from his softening-up gun at the mutants outside, then headed up the stairs.

Cyclonus hung back a bit, firing well-aimed shots at the bravest mutants who approached -- a useful complement to Barrage's wide spray of suppression fire -- but it wasn't nearly enough. An onrush of mutants made their way to the building, with some of the toughest or craziest starting to push their way into windows or doors.

"Fall back!" he shouted to the troops again, probably unnecessarily, as he slowly walked backwards toward the stairwell.

Blackjack
2009-05-03, 06:35 AM
Yuss

"Yes, Commanda-aaaaah!" Barrage shoued in pain as one of the mutants threw a piece of sharp debris through his left shoulder.

Glaring at the mutant who did it, Barrage muttered, "You'll pay for that, worm." With that, the Insecticon opened fire with everything he had on the mutant, obliterating it and those around him. Once his vendetta was satiated, he turned and ran behind Cyclonus.

optimusskids
2009-05-03, 09:09 AM
Yuss

The shuttle thumped down on to the roof having flattened a chimney stack who had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Warcry
2009-05-05, 03:24 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus gave Barrage an unsympathetic look as he continued his retreat. Feeling the stairwell behind him, he stopped and fired another spread from Nightstick, waiting for the mangled Insecticon to start making his way up before he followed.

Skullcruncher found his way back to the roof and looked in amazement at the damage Squawktalk had caused.

Blackjack
2009-05-06, 10:04 AM
Yuss

Barrage caught up with Cyclonus, turned around to fire several parting shots at the mutants, before transforming into insect mode and flying up the stairwell.

Reflector
2009-05-06, 11:42 PM
Yuss

Ruckus stood to the side of the hall, allowing his fellow Decepticons to get their shots in at the mutants. He grinned wildly, happy to be in his element - literally in the middle of the crossfire, the last line against an encroaching enemy. The small fire seemed to be doing little to deter the mutants, so he flipped open his cannons and pivoted to take aim.

"Get movin', boys! Ruckus has this!"

Ruckus fired two mercury mortars down the brief stretch to the windows where the mutants were crawling through. The explosion obliterated the wall, knocking the attackers (surviving and otherwise) far to the ground below. However, it left a much broader entrance for those still coming, and Ruckus began backpedaling toward the stairs as he reloaded.

optimusskids
2009-05-07, 06:02 AM
Yuss

Squawktalk popped open the shuttle's hatch.

Engaging the dorsal turret he opened fire on the mutants that it's traverse could reach.

Chip1123
2009-05-07, 09:25 PM
Roadblock made it to the top of the stairs and waited for the shuttle doors to open. He was inside the moment they did. He set the bot he was carrying down inside and proceeded to help watch the shuttle door so no mutants could get inside.

Warcry
2009-05-10, 04:05 AM
Yuss

Cyclonus left Ruckus behind without a second thought, bringing up the rear of the rest of the group as they headed up the stairwell.

Skullcruncher vaulted up onto the shuttle's ramp and found himself a seat.

"Hope the rest of the boys get up here quick," he told Roadblock as he listened to the distinctive whump-whump of the shuttle's guns, "or this is gonna get nasty."

optimusskids
2009-05-10, 08:49 AM
Shuttle

Venom settled into a seat.

"Is anyone in here else shuttle qualified. Squawktalk from the evidence outside would appear to be minimally qualified."

Warcry
2009-05-17, 03:30 AM
Shuttle

Cyclonus stormed inside and caught the end of Venom's words.

"Be that as it may, if he hadn't risked his life to retrieve the shuttle we would all be dead. Show some respect."

Of course, that didn't stop him from dropping into the pilot's seat and switching the controls to 'Manual'.

Blackjack
2009-05-17, 07:59 AM
Yuss

Barrage settled into a seat on the shuttle. He inspected the wound on his left shoulder. Won't kill him, but fighting with his left hand would really, really hurt.

optimusskids
2009-05-17, 08:39 AM
Shuttle

Squawktalk ejected from the cassete deck as soon as the controls were switched over.

~*~
Venom nodded

"Well done Squawktalk."

Reflector
2009-05-21, 09:04 PM
Yuss

Ruckus emerged from the stairwell onto the roof, running backwards and firing his hand blaster repeatedly at the approaching mutants. He glanced over his shoulder toward the shuttle ramp and fired a hasty mortar from his cannon at the open stairwell. The walls around it collapsed, as did a section of the roof, revealing a fire Ruckus had previously started inside the building. He turned and dashed to the shuttle hatch and bolted up.

"Time to go!" he shouted. "I dunno how long our roof's gonna hold!"

He stayed by the hatch and held it open, waiting to deliver one more parting shot when the shuttle lifted off.

Warcry
2009-05-22, 03:30 AM
Shuttle

Cyclonus keyed the shuttle into gear and brought it up slowly off of the roof. The building was already starting to crumble thanks to Ruckus' excessive (albeit quite welcome) display of firepower, but that didn't stop the Targetmaster from barking over his shoulder, "Someone take over the weapons controls and cover our retreat!"

Chip1123
2009-05-22, 03:22 PM
Roadblock backed away from the doors as the others entered the shuttle. He went to one of the seats and collapsed. "Lets get out of here already!" he yelled.

Blackjack
2009-05-23, 04:19 AM
Shuttle

"I got it!" Barrage said to Cyclonus as he rushed to the weapons controls. Sweet. He thought as he opened fire on the mutants.

Warcry
2009-05-26, 11:32 PM
Shuttle

(OOC: Assuming everyone is aboard by now. :) )

Cyclonus flipped the shuttle's main drives on, then slammed them to full throttle without taking more than a couple fractions of a second to let them warm up. Damaging the equipment was, at the moment, a much smaller concern than the prospect of getting his troops killed by being too cautious.

"Shoot at anything that moves," he told Barrage, "and don't stop until we get to where we're going."

Their unnamed destination -- Fort Scyk -- would no doubt be just as full of mutants as the streets were, if not more so. But the Targetmaster knew that, once they reached the ruined fortress, all the guns in the world wouldn't make their journey any easier...just like he knew that, no matter what stood in his way, it wouldn't be enough to stop him. This was a matter of destiny, and no amount of hideously-deformed mutants could contend with such a profound force.

Blackjack
2009-05-27, 05:14 AM
Shuttle

Barrage muttered, "Affirmative, Cyclonus."

The Insecticon pressed the triggers and started spraying fire and started demolishing mutants. "RAAAAAAAA!" he shouted.

optimusskids
2009-05-27, 07:11 AM
Shuttle

Squawktalk turned from his new perch at the coms console.

"we seem to be getting an incoming transmission Sir."

Blackjack
2009-05-27, 12:02 PM
Shuttle

"A transsmission?" Barrage muttered, while his optics kept straight on the waves of mutants he's destroying with each shot from the shuttle's gun ports

"How did that get past the atmospheric storms?" Barrage mumbled, as his fingers didn't move an inch from the trigger buttons.

Warcry
2009-05-27, 10:50 PM
Shuttle

"From whom?" Cyclonus asked Squawktalk. "Let's hear it."

He brought the shuttle around in a tight loop, scanning for visual cues that would point out the exact location of the ruins of Fort Scyk. There weren't many, even as he headed in the direction that his previous sensor beacon had pointed him, since the city itself was little more than an indistinct swath of ruins as far as the eye could see. At the very least, though, the search gave him a very good reason to maintain the slow crawl that he'd restricted the shuttle to, since flying at high speeds with no windscreen not being the most comfortable experience in the world.

optimusskids
2009-06-07, 09:57 AM
Shuttle

"It would appear to be some kind of distress beacon. The signals degraded but it's following the standard format."

Squawktalk tried to clear up the signal

Warcry
2009-06-10, 03:39 AM
Shuttle

"Curious. Who else would be foolish enough to come here?" Cyclonus mused, talking to himself as much as Squawktalk. He steered the shuttle toward what looked like a reasonably flat area near what (according to his sensors) should be the ruins of Fort Scyk.

"I've found a good place to set down," he announced. "Brace yourselves."

zigzagger
2009-06-10, 11:01 PM
Fort Scyk

In his chambers, the fort’s ‘master’ sat in his throne, completely motionless and unaware of the visitors to his lair. At a glance, an outsider would believe him to be dead, and technically he was. His arms dangled limply from his seat, his head slightly hung forward and his optics black with no indication of life flowing through them. But, within the depths of his body, his spirit persisted as it continued to wander through infraspace in pursuit of becoming whole once more.

Blackjack
2009-06-11, 03:04 AM
Shuttle

Barrage remained motionless as the shuttle got ready to land, his optics focused on the crosshairs of the viewscreen for the weapons console, his fingers resting dangerously on the trigger button, ready to twitch into action should any more mutants make their presence known.

Chip1123
2009-06-11, 01:03 PM
"Hey boss," Roadblock said to Cyclonus, "I don't think our prisoner's going to be out for too much longer. What do you want us to do with him when he comes to - tie him up, leave him be, or knock him out again?"

Blackjack
2009-06-13, 08:44 AM
Shuttle

"Better idea, Roadblock.... Obliterate him." Barrage said, all too happy to carry out the sentence. "Skullcruncher and I would love to eat him up." The Insecticon looked at Cyclonus hopefully.

optimusskids
2009-06-14, 07:31 AM
Shuttle

Backfire moaned and shifted uneasily.

~*~

Squawktalk dug his claws deep into the back of the co-pilots seat as he braced himself for landing.

Warcry
2009-06-17, 03:21 AM
Shuttle

"Keep him alive," Cyclonus told Roadblock, ignoring Skullcruncher's look of disappointment. "We can always use him to distract the mutants, if need be."

As he spoke the Targetmaster brought the shuttle down on what had, from above, looked like a reasonably flat surface near the fortress ruins. As he landed, though, he realized that it was less of a 'surface' than it was a heap of debris...one that started to collapse under the shuttle's weight as soon as the landing skids touched down.

"Everybody out!" he roared. "Unless you like the idea of being buried alive."

Blackjack
2009-06-17, 05:10 AM
Shuttle

"Okay."Barrage said, transforming into insect mode and fluttering towards the exit ramp. Barrage transformed into robot mode, punched the command, before jumping out into the sea of debris.

Chip1123
2009-06-18, 09:29 PM
Roadblock cursed as the shuttle shifted violently. He scooped up the passenger and jumped out the door. "Think it's someone else's turn to carry the dead weight." he said.

Warcry
2009-06-23, 04:42 AM
Shuttle

"We didn't bring you here to think," Cyclonus told Roadblock bluntly. "Do your job, or you'll have to trust the cannibal here," he jerked his head in Skullcruncher's direction, "to carry you."

The Targetmaster wasted no time making good his own escape, vaulting through the shattered windshield with Nightstick in one hand and (if he successfully made the grab) Squawktalk in the other.

optimusskids
2009-06-23, 05:17 AM
Exiting Shuttle

Squawktalk prepared to fly off

"A second shuttle thst's going to come out of someone's pay packet , someone's not going to be happy. Awwwkkk"

He Squawked as Cyclonus grabbed him.

"I'm sure they won't hold it against you Sir, ahh you're trying to rescue me."

Blackjack
2009-06-24, 01:06 AM
Rubble Mound outside the shuttle

Barrage tried his best to stabilize himself, as the rubble started to give way. A small spiderlike mutant scampered up, looking at Barrage. Barrage flicked the mutant away with his fingers. Barrage sifted his way through the steadily collapsing rubble, bringing his sonic rifle to bear and started demolishing the few mutants that have appeared.

After the few mutants in the immediate area have been torn apart, Barrage shouted out loud, "You guys okay?"

Zisteau
2009-06-24, 04:31 AM
Stanix Outskirts

Outback tore across the metal landscape, kicking up metallic sand. The landscape here on the outskirts of the Acid Wastes was broken, one of the many aftereffects of the civil war.

Jumping over a small rise, Outback skidded to a halt at the edge of a small precipice, one tire hanging over the edge. He transformed and looked out over the landscape. He stood on the edge of the Acid Wastes, an area brutally devastated by nuclear war. If the area he had been in was broken, this was positively shattered.

A content little smile came over his face. This was what he wanted. This was what he lived for. Leaping over the ledge, he executed a poor but enthusiastic back flip, finally transforming and thundering down the near vertical slope.

Warcry
2009-06-28, 04:41 PM
Near Fort Scyk

"I planned on blaming the Headmaster for it," Cyclonus told Squawktalk as they exited the shuttle. He released the smaller Decepticon from his grip, then added, "No one would find it hard to believe that he can't drive."

To Barrage he said, "Yes. I doubt that will last for long if we don't move, though." Raising his voice, he called back inside the shuttle, "Skullcruncher, Venom, Flywheels and the rest, get moving!"

Zisteau
2009-06-28, 07:04 PM
Stanix Outskirts

Outback shot out of a small box canyon, transforming as he fell through the air and landing on a ridge.

"Not bad. Its got nothing on Bryce Canyon, but not bad."

Outback transformed again and drove off along the ridge, kicking up a small metallic sand storm and dislodging debris, sending cascades down the slope on either side.

After the dust settled, a small conical shape poked out of the sand and a pair of beady red eyes stared after the departing autobot.

optimusskids
2009-06-29, 05:42 AM
Shuttle

Venom nodded to Flywheels

"Gather any emergency supplies we may need quickly."

He shouted to Cyclonus

"We're coming."

Zisteau
2009-06-30, 02:22 PM
Acid Wastes

Outback drove down a large crater and transformed at the bottom. He stared up at what appeared to be a slender tower of piled refuse and junk in the very center. He scratched his head. "Well, that's odd," he muttered.

Slowly, he climbed up the tower, careful not to dislodge anything so as not to disrupt its delicate balance.

The tower extended above the lip of the crater, and he had been standing at the top looking around for several minutes when he noticed the eyes. "Uhhhhh...." he said. Looking around, he saw pairs of red eyes staring at him from all directions. "That's not good."

Blackjack
2009-07-01, 11:56 AM
Near Shuttle

Barrage's sonic pulse tore into the mutants around the shuttle. Since the mutants are considerably less compared to where they were last time (Syk?), the mutants opted to retreat--for now.

"Where to, Commander Cyclonus?"

Warcry
2009-07-01, 04:40 PM
Near Fort Scyk

"Quickly would be good," Cyclonus cautioned Venom as the shuttle continued to sink into the pit of gravel.

"That way," he told Barrage, gesturing toward a cluster of ruins to the northeast and speaking with supreme confidence even though he had no idea where to do and had simply picked a direction at random.

optimusskids
2009-07-01, 07:19 PM
Shuttle

Venom transformed and buzzed out of the hole in the shuttle Windscreen.

"Can't be too careful, must anticipate every eventuality."

Blackjack
2009-07-02, 04:51 AM
Ruins

Barrage nodded, and without hesitation moved towards where Cyclonus pointed, with the intention of clearing the way. Holding his sonic pulse gun in his left hand, and his two shoulder cannons at firing position, Barrage's right hand hovered over the collapsible energo-spear magno-clamped onto his waist.

Small mutants that got in Barrage's way were obliterated by sonic pulses. Odd. Nothing bigger than a normal Decepticon had popped out yet...

Chip1123
2009-07-02, 09:24 PM
Roadblock grunted, but did as he was told by Cyclonus. He knew he wasn't a match for the warrior, especially injured as he was. He hefted the offline bot onto his shoulder and fell in behind Barrage.

Zisteau
2009-07-02, 11:09 PM
Acid Wastes

Misshapen figures began emerging from the debris, the only shared attribute among them were those creepy glowing eyes.

"Great," Outback said, "Mutants."

"Well, these are the Acid Wastes, after all." Outback paused a second and then muttered, "Awesome. I'm talking to myself now. The radiation must be getting to me."

optimusskids
2009-07-03, 06:11 AM
Shuttle

Flywheels dragged supplies out of the shuttle and then started to stow them in subspace

Zisteau
2009-07-03, 10:18 AM
Acid Wastes

The mutants started shambling towards Outback. He shrugged. "I'm not one to judge, maybe they're friendly mutants."

The mutants reached the base of the tower of rubbish he had climbed. Some started climbing, a hungry look in their eye, while others started pulling and pushing at it, trying to bring it down.

"Okay....so much for the friendly part." He summoned an energon axe from subspace and jumped off the tower into the mass of mutants.

Warcry
2009-07-05, 09:41 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus followed behind Barrage, content to let the Insecticon break trail for their unit for the moment.

Better you than I, he thought in the direction of the other Decepticon.

As they moved along, he saw the remains of what looked to be long-dead Decepticon soldiers, as well as ruins that were decidedly more martial-looking than the civilian areas of the city they had seen before.

Moving in the right direction, at least, he thought.

Blackjack
2009-07-06, 03:07 AM
Road

Most warriors would be shouting and screaming in triumph as they obliterate the enemy. Not Barrage. The Insecticon was deathly quiet, content to let his sonic pulse rifles and other weapons do the talking for him.

The mutants advanced and became more numerous. Barrage grunted as a chip of shrapnel sliced a part of his left sonic rifle, and another piece of shrapnel clipped his head.

Still not making any sound from his mouth, Barrage dropped the broken rifle onto the ground and pulled two grenades from subspace, before lobbing them into the midst of the mutants.

Warcry
2009-07-10, 04:38 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus walked past the mutants that Barrage had slaughtered with studied disdain, showing the fallen creatures about as much regard as he might have given to human roadkill. Instead, his attention was focused on the terrain around him, looking for anything that looked like it would lead into the fortress ruins.

After a few minutes of walking, he caught sight of a half-collapsed hatch that had peeled back to reveal a tunnel that led down into the ground. He ripped the rest of the hatch away, then gestured downward.

"In here," he told his Decepticons.

optimusskids
2009-07-10, 09:55 PM
Near Fort Scyx

Flywheels tank module rumbled forward.

"Shall I take low and you take high he asked Barrage."

Zisteau
2009-07-11, 01:23 AM
Acid Wastes

Outback was neck-deep in mutants, hacking and slashing his way through the mob pawing at him with rusted and corroded hands. The mutants groaned and muttered strange things at him, even as he lopped off arms and heads.

His ax bit into a torso and stuck, as the mutants continued to advance. Chopping up mutants may be fun, but the onslaught was never-ending. With a jerk he yanked his axe out of the mutant and transformed.

"Heh, learned this move at Pike's Peak!" he announced to the mutants. With his forward brakes on, he revved his engine to his rear wheels, spinning him in a tight circle and kicking up lots of debris to clear some room for himself.

Blackjack
2009-07-11, 03:54 AM
Near Fort Scyk

"Covering the others while they run to safety? Fine by me!" Barrage replied to Flywheels, aiming his sonic pulse cannon upwards and tearing the mutants looking down at them from broken ruins and debris.

"Everybody move!"

Zisteau
2009-07-13, 12:57 AM
Acid Wastes

Outback plowed through the mutants, dragging some under his wheels while others bounced noisily over his hood and windshield. They muttered at him under their breath as they clawed for him, then turned to give chase as he bored out a path.

Nonchalantly, he turned on his windshield wipers.

Warcry
2009-07-13, 10:48 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus clambered down the hatch, climbing awkwardly along the rusted, deformed remains of something that might once have been a ladder. Once he reached the bottom of the shaft, he set his feet down on the rough, debris-strewn floor and took in the tunnel that he had found his way into. It stretched a long way in either direction with nothing to indicate which way, if any, was the right way to go.

With little more than a grumbling shrug, the Decepticon picked one direction at random and started to walk, not even waiting for his troops to follow.

I'm close now, he thought to himself. I can feel it.

Chip1123
2009-07-14, 09:03 PM
Roadblock looked at the shaft, knowing he couldn't go down the hole while carrying the body. He gave it a moment's thought, then tossed him down the whole. "He'll live." he said as he got on the 'ladder' and made his way down. As he picked up the bot he had dropped down the hole, He said to Cyclonus, "Hey boss. You know where we're going?"

Zisteau
2009-07-15, 06:59 AM
Acid Wastes

Outback was driving out of the huge crater, straight up the embankment, engines revving, and he seemed to be outdistancing the mutants when one jumped on his hood and stared at him with red eyes. The mutant was covered in grime and had two left arms.

"Get. Off!" Outback said tersely, releasing the catch on his hood, causing it to spring up, throwing the mutant into the air.

After a moment, there was a thump on his roof as the mutant landed again. "Damnit," he complained, serving slightly, trying to throw the stowaway off as he came out of the crater and left the rest of the mutants in his wake.

The mutant held on tight nonetheless as Outback drove on, kicking up a dusttrail and swerving occasionally to throw him off. The mutant leaned over the roof and looked into Outback's driver's side window. "Heeeeelp mmmeeeee..." the mutant moaned plaintively.

Blackjack
2009-07-16, 12:52 PM
Near Fort Syck

Barrage was obliterating the hordes of approaching mutants when one of the mutants slammed onto Barrage and both of the tumbled down the hole and stairs where Cyclonus and the others entered.

Barrage grunted and activated his vibro blade, which activated with a hiss, slicing the mutant's head off. Barrage shoved the mutant's body off. Normally he'd make a show of mutilating an enemy's body, but since these mutants are stupid and wouldn't understand phsychological tactics, Barrage didn't bother. Besides, there are still more mutants.

Barrage turned and followed Cyclonus without a word, still glancing behind in case any of the mutants decided to follow.

Warcry
2009-07-17, 05:19 AM
Near Fort Scyk

"Of course I know where we're going," Cyclonus bluntly lied to Roadblock. "It's not far."

That much, at least, he knew to be true. He could feel their target, could feel the Decepticon Matrix calling out to him as they drew closer.

Behind him, Skullcruncher leaned in close to Roadblock and whispered, "I think he's losing it."

Cyclonus pretended not to hear. Taking the time to thrash the Headmaster to within an inch of his life would cause an unacceptable delay.

Zisteau
2009-07-17, 06:03 AM
Acid Wastes

Outback transformed, flipping through the air to dislodge the tenacious mutant. He summoned his energy axe from subspace and pointed it at the mutant as all around him the mutants swarmed, encircling him. "Stop following me. I mean it."

He turned and started off towards the narrowing gap as the hordes approached. The mutant ran after him. "Wait! I'm not like them!"

Outback looked over his shoulder as he ran on. "You sure look like them to me."

Blackjack
2009-07-19, 02:52 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Barrage jogged up to keep up with Cyclonus. His multiple wounds hurted him, but he tried his best to look impassive as he approached Cyclonus. Unlike the other members of the crew, Barrage did not question the way they are taking.

Barrage reloaded his shoulder cannons with fresh ammo catridges. He tossed the wasted catridge behind, where it exploded, blowing up the few mutants behind. The Insecticon's mandibles twitched with satisfaction as he reloaded his other weapons.

optimusskids
2009-07-19, 03:54 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Venom whispered to Skullcruncher

"Some of our finest commeanding officers have been completly insane once you accept that everyone and everything is out to get you you can relax.

Blackjack
2009-07-20, 01:44 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Barrage fell back and kept pace beside Venom and Skullcruncher. "True the commander of my subgroup I was stuck with for more than a few millenia was insane, delusional and paranoid, but I'm still alive." Barrage said, referencing Venom.

Venom would be... suspicious. Barrage was not a mech who engaged in small talk, much less joke around.

optimusskids
2009-07-20, 06:55 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Venom glared at Barrage.

"Not true , not true at all. I am only paranoid and that is for very good reasons. Anyway if I hadn't been poisoning your energon all these years to test my toxins I wouldn't have kept you around."

Warcry
2009-07-20, 11:00 PM
Near Fort Scyk

"You would have to be insane," Skullcruncher told Venom and Barrage, "to want to be in charge of even the smallest unit in our army."

After Venom's revelation he added, "'Course, sometimes I think we've all got to be crazy for signing up in the first place. Me, I just did it so I could eat people without the damnable police chasing me everywhere I went."

Cyclonus ignored the banter, paying attention to his surroundings instead. Because of that, he was the first to notice that the tunnel had...changed somehow.

"Does anyone else think that the tunnel has gotten a lot cleaner since we entered? I think we've moved into a higher-traffic area."

Blackjack
2009-07-21, 08:38 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Barrage shrugged and replied to Venom, "Apparently you do a pretty bad job at poisoning energon. I'm still alive now." turning to Skullcruncher he said, "Hey, Bombshell, Shrapnel and Venom wrest reach other for leadership. I'm content with being a demolishing agent."

When Cyclonus raised the question, Barrage frowned, "Yes... it appears to be more civilized. Want me to destroy it?"

optimusskids
2009-07-21, 12:30 PM
Near Fort Scyk

Venom glared

"it was supposed to be a humorous aside , I was actually testing my poisons on NightWing."

Warcry
2009-07-22, 05:30 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus groaned at Barrage's one-track mind. "No, if I want it destroyed I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself. But destroying the tunnel while we're inside it doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. Keep your eyes sharp, and shout if you see anything that looks like a path topside."

Skullcruncher chuckled.

"I'm right there with ya, boy," he told Barrage.

Blackjack
2009-07-22, 09:06 AM
Corridors

"Ah." Barrage said, nodding at the logic of Cyclonus' statement. "That is correct."

Warcry
2009-07-27, 03:25 AM
Near Fort Scyk

That is why I'm the one doing the thinking and you're the disposable goon, Cyclonus thought darkly.

His annoyance with Barrage didn't stop him from catching sight of something that looked very much like a rusted old ladder lying on the ground.

"Barrage, Roadblock, investigate that. See if you can find a way back up."

optimusskids
2009-07-27, 05:48 AM
Tunnel

Flywheels walked backwards scanning the tunnel behind them.

~*~

Squawktalk flapped along settling on a piece of ductwork and cocked his head to one side.

~*~

Venom looked at Barrage

"Be careful it could be a trap."

Blackjack
2009-07-27, 10:23 AM
Tunnel

Barrage nodded to Cyclonus and Venom, "I will be careful."

Barrage activated his energo-spear with a hiss and prodded the rusty ladder-like object with the butt end in case it was a trap.

Chip1123
2009-07-29, 06:46 PM
Roadblock approached the object from the side, but hung a little further back than Barrage. Let him take the blunt of it if it something dangerous, he thought to himself.

Warcry
2009-07-31, 04:47 AM
Near Fort Scyk

The segment of rusted metal didn't do anything as Barrage poked it, but the movement was enough to dislodge something above, and a steady trickle of pebbles started to fall down on the Insecticon.

Cyclonus watched, part of him genuinely interested in what was going to happen, and the rest watching in morbid curiosity in case the bug got squashed.

Blackjack
2009-07-31, 10:24 AM
Near Fort Syck

"This must activate some kind of ladder or doorway above." Barrage theorized as the pebbles fell on his shoulder. "Probably a trap, anyway. If it is... let's spring it."

Barrage placed the vibrospear aside, and used his sonic boom cannon to poke the rusty segment of metal again, before kicking it with his foot. He didn't realize that he might be signing his death warrant.

Warcry
2009-08-04, 03:49 AM
Near Fort Scyk

The tunnel that Barrage was standing under emptied itself of several tonnes of gravel when the Insecticon fired off his cannon into it.

As the tunnel was filled with floating particles of dust and rock, Cyclonus thought to himself, I think I'm finally starting to understand what drove Galvatron mad...

"Barrage, did you manage to kill yourself?"

Blackjack
2009-08-04, 09:29 AM
Near Fort Syck

Barrage's left arm, still clutching his vibrospear, poked out from the rubble. The Insecticon let go of the spear and the fingers twitched to form a weak thumbs-up.

Chip1123
2009-08-04, 01:22 PM
Roadblock was knocked back from the 'experiment' that Barrage had decided to 'conduct'. He picked himself up off the ground and came over to Barrage, grabbing the hand that protruded from the rubble, and started to pull him out.

Warcry
2009-08-05, 03:16 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus was pleasantly surprised that he didn't need to tell Roadblock to start digging the somehow not dead Barrage out from the debris. He acknowledged the other Transformer with a nod, then stepped past him and looked up the hole Barrage had been investigating.

"It looks like you've cleared out a path," he said. "Squawktalk, can you check out the situation on the other side?"

Blackjack
2009-08-06, 11:12 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Barrage was a mess. His face was banged up, and there was no spot on his exostructure that wasn't covered in dust or dented. The gap on his side widened freely, and some energon was oozing out. His left thigh was shattered, internal circuits popping and sparking. By some insane force will, Barrage's right hand was still clutching his battered sonic cannon, and his right shoulder cannon still functioned. Barrage's left fingers spasmed erratically, and the Insecticon's right optic blinked a few times before adjusting. "R- R- Reportin-g-g for d- d- duty." he stammered, pulling the spear from the ground.

Barrage tried to magno-clamp the spear onto his waist, but the magnet had been dislodged. With a sigh, the Insecticon tried to sub-spaced it, but his subspace locker was damaged as well. Barrage had to settle for shrinking it to a collapsible size and clench it in his hand. Only pure stubborness kept him on his feet.

optimusskids
2009-08-07, 06:21 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Squawktalk saluted with one wing

"no problem Cyclonus Sir, right on it."

Squawktalk flapped upwards towards the hole.

Warcry
2009-08-08, 04:11 AM
Near Fort Scyk

"Try not to die," Cyclonus told the obviously-mangled Barrage, although truth be told his voice didn't show all that much concern for the Insecticon. "More than enough Decepticons have died here as it is."

He walked over to the hole and called upwards to Squawktalk, "What do you see? Are you inside the fortress?"

Blackjack
2009-08-08, 04:58 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Barrage nodded numbly. As he nodded a piece of his cheeks dislodged and fell onto the ground. Barrage transformed into insect mode and rested on Roadblock's shoulder, letting the autorepair systems handle the strain.

optimusskids
2009-08-08, 07:00 AM
Near Fort Scyk

Squawktalk surveyed his surroundings

"We've come out at the corner of a courtyard. I would estimate that we are now within the confines of the fortress."

zigzagger
2009-08-08, 08:14 AM
Fort Scyk, Master’s Chambers

As the lord of the fortress sat lifelessly in his throne, his devoted servant, Dyrus (ooc: finally given a name), entered his master’s chamber and knelt at his side.

“My lord? My lord, please awake,” Dyrus pleaded. “The forsakeners have disappeared. I fear they plan to besiege the fortress.”

He received no response, his master sat motionlessly, his essence still lost in infraspace.

“My lord, please,” he cried, again with the same result.

At that moment, a trollish mechanoid with large, bizarrely proportioned arms entered the chambers. He offered a simple grunt to announce his presence.

“Yes, Sorge?” Dyrus said.

“Urrr..Sleep?” Sorge grunted in response.

“Yes, he does not stir,” he answered. Dyrus stood up and approached the larger mutant, placing his hand onto Sorge's hulking shoulder. “I have an ill feeling about these outsiders, but we must defend him.”

He looked sorrowfully to his master.

“Gather as many as you are able, and hurry,” said Dyrus. "I know not where the forsakeners are, but we must be ready for them."

Warcry
2009-08-11, 04:51 AM
Fort Scyk

"We will join you on the surface," Cyclonus told Squawktalk. "Decepticons, follow me!"

The Targetmaster carefully picked his way through the heap of debris and tiny bits of Barrage's armour until he was positioned perfectly below the hole that the smaller Decepticon had traversed. Then with a quick flexing of his legs he bounded upward, leaping into the hole and reaching about half-way to the top before his momentum gave out. Then he drove the wings on his forearms deep into the rock and used them as climbing picks, pulling himself upward at the same time as he cut out hand- and footholds for those who followed him.

Once he'd finally managed to clamber to the surface, the Targetmaster looked around with a sceptical expression on his face.

"It don't look like a fortress," Nightstick (who had spent the journey clinging to Cyclonus's back like a terrified remora attached to a much larger shark) gave voice to his larger partner's thoughts.

"Indeed," Cyclonus agreed. "But then, it has been nuked twice that we know of. And if Galvatron really was here, I can only imagine what the Quintessons tried to do to root him out."

optimusskids
2009-08-11, 05:55 AM
Fort Scyk

Venom fluttered up

"What are the residual levels of radiation? We must be careful, anything could be lurking in these ruins."

Warcry
2009-08-11, 09:23 PM
Fort Scyk

For once, Cyclonus took Venom's paranoid rantings seriously.

"We shouldn't be here long enough for the radiation to cause much damage," he said, "but we'll all need a decontamination cycle when we get back to Crystal City."

How exactly he planned to do that without a ship on-hand, the Targetmaster didn't say.

"As for the ruins...shoot anyone and anything that moves and isn't one of us. Better safe than sorry."