PDA

View Full Version : Brawn and Beachcomber = <3

Ackula
2009-02-07, 08:52 PM
My wife brought me home the Legends Brawn and Beachcomber this morning, they finally showed up in the Wal*Mart where she works. I was expecting the usual sort of Legends figure ie... hardly no articulation or detail. Wow, was I surprised!

These guys are super duper badass figures. I cannot comprehend why all Legends figures cannot be made with this level of detail, unless its the fact that they are usually scaled down version of large figures, and I do realize that something has to get lost in the process. But what I mean to say is, why aren't there more Legends figures that are not scaled down versions of the originals?

These two are simply amazing updates to the original G1 minibots, I have been playing around with them for hours, mucho fun! Anyone else loving these? And how are the others (BB, Comcos, Warpath, Wheelie)?

poyguimogul
2009-02-07, 09:14 PM
I got'em last night from wal-mart.

Beachcomber is just awesome. Looks so good, and has good legs and decent arms. Has a little gun, that can dettach and "sort of" fit in the grooves on the inside of his arms. Not needed though. I love it. I hope they do a Dunerunner repaint, I do.

Brawn is also real nice. His legs could move alittle more like beachcombers, but makes up for it by looking badass. Mine likes to seperate at the crotch some times during posing, but isnt super bad. Thinking of getting another and flipping the legs so I can have a more poseable version in robot mode.

Bumblebee is the weakest link. I don't even consider it bumblebee anymore TBH. Its now "to me" the classic armada Sparkplug toy. But as a bumblebee toy, It updates the G1 toy in a classic sense. Nice head scuplt, thought a little blockier then his traditional look. His legs look cool, but arent the best legs ever.

All in All : Beachcomber / Brawn are total win. Now I'm fiending for Warpath, Cosmos, Hot Rod, Wheelie. (lol, added with the previous/ upcoming and thats 9bots vs 1 megatron.)

ganon578
2009-02-07, 09:29 PM
Currently I have Beachcomber, Brawn, Warpath, and Cosmos. If you like the first two, you'll definitely enjoy Warpath and Cosmos. Cosmos is very big for a Legends class guy, and the articulation is good. Warpath is frickin' awesome. He's got a lot of moveable joints, two sweet modes, and a fun transformation. I passed on Wheelie as I don't care for the character, but I'll bet (figure-wise) he's just as good as the other four.

Civ
2009-02-07, 11:21 PM
I was sorely tempted to get them but I don't want to get into Legends. Save myself some money and all that. I still want an updated Brawn and Beachcomber but I hope they release them for Universe 2.0. Knowing my luck, they'll probably get released for Animated and I don't want to get collect any figures from that line (again, a money saving measure) with the sole exception being Omega Supreme, if they ever make it.

EDIT: Out of curiosity though, how big are these legends figures compared to the Classics and Universe 2.0 figures, such as Bumblebee or Cliffjumper? Comparison pics if possible would be appreciated.

Tramp
2009-02-08, 12:30 AM
Legends figures are about the same size as your basic G1 minibot. Classics 2.0 Beachcomber is about the same size as the original G1 Beachcomber.

Ackula
2009-02-08, 05:57 AM
http://www.lurkmore.com/ackula/img/transformers/pics/100_4028.JPG

http://www.lurkmore.com/ackula/img/transformers/pics/100_4029.JPG

http://www.lurkmore.com/ackula/img/transformers/pics/100_4030.JPG

Sorry....my Classics Bumblebee is in a box somewhere in the closet...I still have a lot of TF boxed up from the move. Hopefully this will give you an idea.

Denyer
2009-02-08, 12:19 PM
Kinda tempted by the minibot modernisations, but I doubt they'll make their way over here at sensible prices. Maybe if there's a box set at some point.

Civ
2009-02-08, 02:47 PM
Damn. Those are sorely tempting. I don't want to get into Legends but those little guys are tempting me into them along with Cosmos and Warpath. Thanks for the pics, Ackula.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-02-09, 05:59 AM
I got Beachcomber, Brawn and Bumblebee.

Beachcomber is a perfect homage to his g1.

Brawn is very good. I probably play with him the most out of the three.

Bumblebee isn't bad, close to the g1's transformation, think of it as an update. Has got me considering leaving this one as is and turning my Classics 1.0 Bumblebee into Goldbug... got plenty of gold paint, and a blue that shoud be perfect for his head. I'm just not sure if i want to use my only Classics BB?
would need to sculpt a faceplate for him as well...

Tramp
2009-02-09, 06:03 AM
I got Beachcomber, Brawn and Bumblebee.

Beachcomber is a perfect homage to his g1.

Brawn is very good. I probably play with him the most out of the three.

Bumblebee isn't bad, close to the g1's transformation, think of it as an update. Has got me considering leaving this one as is and turning my Classics 1.0 Bumblebee into Goldbug... got plenty of gold paint, and a blue that shoud be perfect for his head. I'm just not sure if i want to use my only Classics BB?
would need to sculpt a faceplate for him as well...

My suggestion is to leave him alone; particularly since it's your only one.

Blitzwing
2009-02-09, 06:15 AM
Damn. Those are sorely tempting. I don't want to get into Legends but those little guys are tempting me into them along with Cosmos and Warpath. Thanks for the pics, Ackula.

I've never collected Legends either, but I'm planning to get these guys and displaying them with my Classics toys. They're minibots afterall, so they should be smaller than the deluxe guys.

Cliffjumper
2009-02-09, 01:39 PM
I'd be more tempted by Cosmos if he didn't have that shit on his arms, and more tempted by Brawn if he wasn't Brawn - the character's too much of a dickhead. Beachcomber... I don't see the point in, sorry. It doesn't look any better that the original, and a few points of articulation aren't much of a trade-off... Warpath just looks shocking, especially the alt mode... H-tank = lazy, shitty design.

Treadshot A1
2009-02-09, 01:54 PM
My suggestion is to leave him alone; particularly since it's your only one.

I would just get another. :D Henkei is available.

No, leave your Bumblebee. Don't waste your only one.:)

Catalyst Dragon
2009-02-10, 08:00 PM
I would just get another. :D Henkei is available.

No, leave your Bumblebee. Don't waste your only one.:)

Yeah, Im gonna spring for another one (henkei looks to be my only choice) next paycheck because now I really want to do it...

I've already started sculpting the face plate and "goggles."

Also thinking of getting another Legends BB to make into Cliffjumper.

RID Scourge
2009-02-10, 08:53 PM
Yeah. I like the Legends figures. Cybertron had a really strong showing and the Universe figures that I've picked up have been good too.

It seems like the only ones that disappoint are the movie ones. The designs just don't translate well to that scale for the most part.

another tf fan
2009-02-10, 09:06 PM
@ Cliffy:

Warpath rules!
You Drool.

:swirly:

Treadshot A1
2009-02-10, 10:18 PM
Yeah, Im gonna spring for another one (henkei looks to be my only choice) next paycheck because now I really want to do it..

Also thinking of getting another Legends BB to make into Cliffjumper.

Henkei. Already has a cliffy Legends repaint of bee. And maybe the chrome parts on Henkie Bumblebee will come in useful.

Ackula
2009-02-11, 03:32 PM
I found Bumblebee last night at Wal*Mart. I'm impressed with him as well for a Legends figure, he has stellar articulation in the arms. I don't think he is as neat as the other two, but he is better than the average Legends figure for sure.

burnitall
2009-02-12, 02:28 AM
I wasn't going to bother with legends, I had gotten a couple movie ones for my nephew, I wasn't particularly impressed. I had a few bucks to kill, so I said f$%* it and got Brawn. First of all, he's far superior to his G1 incarnation, which is really weird looking. I don't like the black face, though, I'm looking at him from a few feet away and can't really make out the head from the rest of the bottom of the truck, even with the silver helmet. He's more solid than the movie ones, I didn't like them because they seemed a little rubbery. The detail's alot better than movies, too. I'll be getting Beachcomber and the rest of the G1 minibots now.

Civ
2009-02-17, 04:39 AM
I've never collected Legends either, but I'm planning to get these guys and displaying them with my Classics toys. They're minibots afterall, so they should be smaller than the deluxe guys.

Yeah, Legends are minibots; however, since Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, and Powerglide were minibots but got bigger, better figures -- I want to see larger, better versions of the others as well.