PDA

View Full Version : [Site] Faction Submissions

zigzagger
2009-02-22, 02:44 AM
Factions page (http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/factions), as seen on a very own RPG wiki. Post faction submissions, corrections, etc, here.

That said, I could use your help. The Neutral (http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/factions/neutral) page is finally up. I know there is a lot of them out there, but I'm not entirely sure who everyone is (I at least know who mine are). Who are our resident neutralists?

Blackjack
2009-02-22, 07:22 AM
The CBC news team... are they neutral or Autobot? Transmission, Weasel et al, I mean.

Hot House and Ironworks seem to be neutral (didn't they do movie work for Gigatron?), but only opskids can give a definite answer.

Doubledealer... Again, it's ziggy that can give the answer.

Who else? Hmm...

zigzagger
2009-02-22, 08:39 AM
Yeah, Doubledealer is a neutralist.

I'm pretty sure Sunstreaker is. I was also under the impression Shockwave was as well. I know a concentration of them are in Protihex, but not all of them are and I don't want to assume anything (for example, some of the members of Combaticons).

Blackjack
2009-02-22, 09:45 AM
oh yeah. Shockwave. Totally forgot about him...

The Combaticons are more of a semi-faction onto themselves, I think. They might count as neutrals, although some (like Road Hugger, swindle and Bluestreak) have hidden allegiances to other factions.

Gnaw?

optimusskids
2009-02-22, 11:29 AM
Neutrals are tricky to Catergorise

You have the CBC crews which are technically Autobot Civilians

then the Movie business who could be classified as Autobot's retired or Ex-pat Autobots.

Beastbox and Chop Shop are I supposed using Protihex's neutrality while they wait to see which faction will come out on top.

Warcry
2009-02-23, 06:06 AM
Bluestreak is definitely still an Autobot, even if he's probably considered a deserter by now.

Swindle probably counts as a neutral since he's only loyal to himself. Onslaught too, maybe, if only because he's been on both sides of the fence and didn't particularly like what he saw on either one.

Like opskids said, it's pretty difficult to categorize a 'neutral' because almost everyone is loyal to something, even if those loyalties aren't all that strong.

zigzagger
2009-02-23, 06:28 AM
Maybe I should make a note that says "status pending", or something along those lines on the character list. Maybe I can split up the list into sub-categories (e.g. Protihexian, etc). Or is that too complicated.

Warcry
2009-08-08, 05:49 AM
It's gotten to be very troublesome tracking all of the Autobots and Decepticons who are currently active and (in the Cons' case) which leader they're following. Between player turnover and a heavy use of NPCs, it's almost impossible to keep track of which characters are actively a part of the different factions at any given time.

I'm at a loss over how to do it better, though. I've got two ideas:
1) We just say 'to hell with it', drop the troop lists entirely and just include a list of senior officers for each faction on their page. That would change a lot less.

2) Instead of updating the list to include anyone who's currently active, we include a list of anyone who's been shown to be a part of that faction since after the Quintessons were beaten. This would be a bit tricky on the Autobot side of things though, since we would have to come up with a definition of what it means to be an Autobot -- would we only include members of the military (and end up excluding people like Red Alert and Smokescreen, who are in charge of semi-civilian agencies), or just toss in everyone with the badge (and then include civilians like Sundor or Rosanna).

And ideas out there?

Blackjack
2009-08-08, 06:42 AM
It's more complicated by the presence of those who are rogues (i.e. Bombshell, Path Finder, Bug Bite, Skystalker), and those who jump from one faction to the other (the Terrorcons spring to mind, actually).

Also, one-shot characters like Greasepit, and unofficial supporters like Jolt, both from the Kaon thread, also pose a little trouble.

As for the Autobots, could it be something like this? :

AUTOBOTS
-main military forces
-ISS
-Smokescreen
-Wreckers
-Protihex neutralists
-mercenaries (Blades, Sunstreaker)
-Media; Neutrals

Then again, I don't play much Autobot to understand much about how it works. Only Autobots I used for a length of time are Cosmos, Broadside and Windcharger, plus a few spice-up randoms.

Springer85
2009-08-08, 04:16 PM
How about: A faction change needs staff approval?

Sure, it limits the user's creative freedom, but at least that way you can get a grip on who is where. Especially with the Decepticons as they have their own civil war right now.

As for the Autobots, I think idea 1) would work best.

Blackjack
2009-08-08, 04:29 PM
A faction change does require staff approval, doesn't it? I mean, I do tell the staff when I change Hyperdrive's allegiance.

Autobots: idea 1.
Decepticons: idea 2

Springer85
2009-08-08, 04:56 PM
I didn't read about it in the rules, though I could have missed that. :)

Warcry
2009-08-15, 04:50 AM
As for the Autobots, could it be something like this? :
http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/factions/autobot

Sort of going along with your idea (although I don't really consider the media or hired guns like Sunstreaker to be Autobots in the technical sense). Can you think of any other groups that could be broken out into their own sub-lists that I've missed?

Blackjack
2009-08-15, 07:35 AM
I think there should be some sort of 'other Autobots' or 'active soldiers' listing, for the likes of Powerglide or Landmine or Air Raid...

Springer85
2009-08-18, 09:12 PM
I like the idea of seeing an active soldiers listing. You can place anybody else that doesn't really fit in any faction in the listings. Landmine sure fits that description. He's still a soldier.

However, you can always devide the Active Soldiers in Army, Fleet, Aerospace & Support like it was done in the Character Ranks. That way, you could list Springer as Civilian, but still under Autobots.

Hope I'm making sense :)

Warcry
2009-09-28, 03:15 AM
http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/factions/decepticon

I thought this format might make it easier to get all of the (recently) active troops onto the faction page. Not 100% sure I like the look of it, though. Maybe get rid of the tables and just use similarly-formatted lists?

[EDIT: Yeah, definitely better using lists instead of tables, IMO]

Blackjack
2009-09-28, 10:49 AM
http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/factions/decepticon

I thought this format might make it easier to get all of the (recently) active troops onto the faction page. Not 100% sure I like the look of it, though. Maybe get rid of the tables and just use similarly-formatted lists?

[EDIT: Yeah, definitely better using lists instead of tables, IMO]

Being the bastard I am, I noticed some 'missing' Decepticons in the list... ;)

Gigatron's Decepticons in Crystal City:
missing: Scorponok
Also, Slugslinger's in Protihex, last I recall?

Some of Gigatron's Decepticons are in Tarn also, namely:
Skullgrin, Jury Rig, Hooligan and Octane

Megatron's Decepticons on Kaon, under the 'MIA' part
missing: Staxx

Megatron's Decepticons in Darkmount
missing: Bulletbike, Megaplex (if they're still around)

Nonaligned
missing: Sunstorm, Snap Trap, Seawing, (plus the rest of the Seacons that Classicor's not playing right now)

Also, I don't think Bluestreak, Doublecross and Swindler are former Decepticons... ;)

Warcry
2009-09-28, 02:12 PM
Being the bastard I am, I noticed some 'missing' Decepticons in the list... ;)
Nah, see, I expected you to do that. You're playing right into my hands! Bwa-ha-ha!

Erm...
Also, Slugslinger's in Protihex, last I recall?
Nah, only Triggerhappy went along. Sluggy stayed behind in Crystal City.

Some of Gigatron's Decepticons are in Tarn also, namely:
As I haven't been paying that much attention...are they going to stay there long? I'm too lazy to break off another list otherwise.

Also, I was given the impression that Scorpy was heading up to Trypticon for a while.

Also, I don't think Bluestreak, Doublecross and Swindler are former Decepticons... ;)
Obviously not, but I wanted to include them on the Combaticon list. Can you think of a better header for that section? Maybe just "Other"?

Blackjack
2009-09-29, 09:44 AM
Nah, see, I expected you to do that. You're playing right into my hands! Bwa-ha-ha!

I have been manipulated? Curse you! :D

Nah, only Triggerhappy went along. Sluggy stayed behind in Crystal City.

Oops, my bad. ;)

As I haven't been paying that much attention...are they going to stay there long? I'm too lazy to break off another list otherwise.

It depends on how long they're going to excavate the underwater base thing, I guess. opskids should be able to answer this question better than me. The only reason Skullgrin is there is that it's rude to drop him in the middle of a mission...

Also, I was given the impression that Scorpy was heading up to Trypticon for a while.

Oh, yeah. I kinda forgot... :glance:

Obviously not, but I wanted to include them on the Combaticon list. Can you think of a better header for that section? Maybe just "Other"?

"Other" should work, I guess. or "former Autobots"?

Blackjack
2009-10-01, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm... we need a thread in which to report broken stuff in the site in.

Loadstone's dead, but he's still listed as 'alive' in the site, or at least the characters' page. I think Spikard's dead too? Not sure...

Oh, for my part, Starfall's dead now too. As for Hailstorm and 'Zoom, Boost and Photon'... well, since the Autobots/Decepticons and Space Mafia are about to duke it out, I guess they're gonna be collateral damage. Mweheheheh.

Cheers! :D