PDA

View Full Version : What are your non-TF collecting goals?

Civ
2009-03-10, 10:07 AM
Inspired by Cliffy's post in the TF Merchandise folder, what are your non-TF collecting goals?

For me, since I also collect Gobots, I'd like to get a Super Spacey and whatever other neat Gobots there are that catch my interest.

Cliffjumper
2009-03-10, 01:05 PM
Surprisingly few, actually...

- Scramble Gattai Ideon: it'd (I think) complete my Tomy Ideon collection, and it can't be any worse than the others. Could do with parts for the Kinsei Gattai version as well, but I'm not going to spend $500~ on them. I'm still broadly hunting for any Ideon toys I don't have, though.

- Kado Senshi Gundams: I need the ZZ Gundam and I think I'm done with the series... not mad about spending so much on something ugly like the Zaku when there are alternatives, or getting all the Z-Gundam/RX-78 variants. The sort-of-Chogokin-but-not-quite Turn A looks rather fetching though.

- Soul of Chogokin: I want Daimos and God Mars whenever I get the discipline to save up enough money; in the meantime the 1960s Black Ox is a realistic target, with Leopardon as a maybe. Might well buy another Ideon to keep boxed as insurance, as I have a feeling they're going to be pricey a few years down the line.

- Godaikin: Only really after Machine Dolphin... ST Bioman, ST Dancougar, Daileon, Sun Vulcan and the Sentai ships are options if they come up at the right price, but unless I win the lottery Soul of Chogokin covers the Voltes V/Combattler V/Tetsujin 28 figures well enough for me.

- Gobots/Machine Robo: There are a few Japanese figures I'm interested in on the off-chance they somehow get a lot more common and cheap (the bulk of the CG Robo, the 747 Robo, the Chara DX Rod Drill), but of the more realistic stuff, I've got all the good ones.

Of other stuff, the Fix Figuration Guncannon, 1980s HCM Rick Dias and electronic Daitetsujin 17 are fixtures in my ebay watching section, but it's probably telling that I've had funds to buy all three over the past couple of months and not bought them.

Zeeks
2009-03-10, 02:24 PM
In realizing that my collecting is very cyclical, it depends on what I'm into at the time. Since I sold my entire TF collection last summer, I have no real interest in buying them anymore, save for some of the movie inspired guys.

Right now, I guess I would like to get back all the series one and two Green Lantern figures I once had, but it's not a prime directive to do so. When I see them here and there, I might pick up one or two at a time.

Since I'm playing KotOR: II atm, I wouldn't minding getting a few of those evolution 3 packs that were issued last year containing Revan, Mandalore, and a few others. Star Wars is something I generally come back to once a year- I will buy what I want, and move on to something else.

I also like the current line of Watchmen figures, but I only grabbed Dr. Manhattan, as he was my favorite character. If they do the arctic version of Nite Owl, I would definitely pick that up.

That being said, who knows what new or pre-existing cycles I will delve into for the year. Lego might be another revisitation as well.

Knightdramon
2009-03-10, 07:17 PM
Getting major movie villains from Hot toys Movie masterpiece\video game masterpiece lines.

So far got a few terrific Jokers, Aliens and Predators, I'm striving to get Two Face, Predator 1, Dog Alien and Police officer Joker at the moment.

I'm also a fan of soul of chogokin as of recently, only because of the quality and chance to get old-style robots with modern day articulation.

Also want to get at least one Votom figure [iconic mecha], Voltron masterpiece edition and a VF-1A Max TV. Ver from yamato's 1/60 line. And a Turn A gundam MG please.

electro girl
2009-03-10, 08:06 PM
Very little I'm affraid, my main interest is Transformers but...

There's an issue of the UK collectors edition of Avengers and of Spider-man I missed

I need several hundred 5x5cm squares of paper/card in different colours

Pokemon Gold, Crystal and Pearl

Autographs of YBA's, my collection almost grew to 3 last year but I couldn't get through to the Chapman brothers.

Auntie Slag
2009-03-10, 08:17 PM
DVD's and video games for me, and anything I can scrounge for a good bargain. I'm like a Junkion.

Zeeks
2009-03-10, 11:27 PM
Getting major movie villains from Hot toys Movie masterpiece\video game masterpiece lines.

Aliens and Predators, I'm striving to get , Predator 1, Dog Alien

Are these the guys you are talking about?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/kremzeek/Toys/avp2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/kremzeek/Toys/avp1.jpg

Reason I ask is because I can't remember if these were McFarlane or Movie Maniacs or something else...I think there might be a few lines in there. The only specific line I remember are the ones from the AVP movie.

Civ
2009-03-10, 11:38 PM
- Gobots/Machine Robo: There are a few Japanese figures I'm interested in on the off-chance they somehow get a lot more common and cheap (the bulk of the CG Robo, the 747 Robo, the Chara DX Rod Drill), but of the more realistic stuff, I've got all the good ones.

Out of curiosity, did you ever get a Fred the Gun?

Sir Auros
2009-03-10, 11:39 PM
Really into the Masters of the Universe Classics line. I'm still picking up new campaign related Halo 3 figures when I see them, would get some Gears of War figures if I ever run into more, and I have a weakspot for the new GI Joe figures. The new TMNT reissues could bankrupt me.

I'm done with my LOTR stuff, and I don't have room for any more of the other lines/types of figures I collect.

Transformer Kamen
2009-03-10, 11:43 PM
I'm slowly expanding my collection of Marvel and DC Legends (the Build-a-Figure lines, forgot their official name), though I'm underwhelmed by the quality of the one's I've picked up so far. Wolverine and the X-men figures should be coming out fairly soon, I'm hoping those are good.

Otherwise, I don't hunt down much, just grab whatever seems interesting...and in budget.

Sunstreaker2
2009-03-10, 11:55 PM
I'm trying to get into Gunpla, but some of the MG kits are expensive and/or hard to find...

Firebird
2009-03-11, 12:30 AM
I have almost all the Pixar Cars diecasts, plus some Hot Wheels I have kitbashed into original Cars like characters. I have other Cars stuff too.

Chevron cars, stopped collecting them a while ago, although I may resume that.

Robots (the movie) and Toy Story stuff...just whatever I pick up.

Zeeks
2009-03-11, 01:45 AM
HeHe...put that magic out there, and it sometimes comes true.

Decided to stop by the TRU on the way home from work, and found two of the Evolution Sets I just posted about a few hours ago. I got the Sith Legacy with Darths Maul, Bane, and Nihilus and the Fett Legacy with Boba, Jango, and Mandalore. Nihilus' overall appearance rocks- almost a pre-grievous Grievous. And this verision of Boba comes with removable helmet, which totally rocks my boat! I never imagined what that face could possibly look like other than the clone face, but he's all wrapped up in bandages (a nod to the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy?)

I called the local collector shop on Darth Revan, and I guess this guy is a pretty hot find- they had none, so I ebayed him- man, some are asking 60 bucks for one figure! I was kinda bummed about that, but whatever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/kremzeek/Toys/MandaloriansvsSith.jpg

wolfbolt86
2009-03-11, 02:10 AM
I've been getting the classic TMNT. I've been able to get most of the things rather cheap on ebay lately.

Knightdramon
2009-03-11, 09:09 AM
Are these the guys you are talking about?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/kremzeek/Toys/avp2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/kremzeek/Toys/avp1.jpg

Reason I ask is because I can't remember if these were McFarlane or Movie Maniacs or something else...I think there might be a few lines in there. The only specific line I remember are the ones from the AVP movie.

There's many lines in the pictures you posted, and these aren't the ones I'm after, sadly.

Sunstreaker2, gundam MG kits *might* be expensive but not hard to find. Extremely few are not in production at the moment.

Sunstreaker2
2009-03-11, 11:07 AM
There's many lines in the pictures you posted, and these aren't the ones I'm after, sadly.

Sunstreaker2, gundam MG kits *might* be expensive but not hard to find. Extremely few are not in production at the moment.

The SEED ones are easy to find, of course, but the G ones seem to be in short supply. At least Amazon still has the Spiegel, the Burning Gundam, and the Shining Gundam in stock.

Knightdramon
2009-03-11, 11:49 AM
Hlj has them all in stock :p

Ackula
2009-03-11, 02:20 PM
Since I'm playing KotOR: II atm

Isn't it great? I'm playing it right now too, for the 10th time or more. I too would love to get a Revan figure, even the Mighty Muggs one would be nice. I'd also like to get Asajj Ventress' Mighty Muggs figure as well, she is more or less the only Star Wars character I feel completest about.

There aren't really any other toy lines I collect anymore, so unless Marvel puts out a Ghost Rider figure again, or we see a new Asajj Ventress, I'm pretty much not fussed with other toy lines. I will admit some of those Star Wars comic book 2 pack sets look interesting, but I just don't have the money to waste on more toys.

Zeeks
2009-03-11, 09:07 PM
Isn't it great? I'm playing it right now too, for the 10th time or more.

Yeah, I absolutely love it- only problem is that I have major issues getting it to run properly. Every freakin day, I have to run a Windows update, Run a patch update from LucasArts, run a driver update from GeoForce on my card, and re-evaluate my overall "score" (thank you very ****in much, Vista) on the game. And this is just to get it to start properly. ARGH! But once I get all this done on a daily basis, I game for 2 or 3 hours a night. It's a great game, even for being 4 years old- might make a sig or two out of some screen shots.

Back on topic on Non TF stuff- I sorta lost interest on Mighty Muggs in general. They got boring, and I would much rather get a cheaper figure like I did last night. I might pick up the GL guardians 2 pack tonight when I grab the new ish of GL corps.

I've also been thinking about picking up a few more Ertl John Deere Models- I haven't bought one in over 3 years, but the smaller 1/64th scale jobs I can deal with.

Ackula
2009-03-11, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I absolutely love it- only problem is that I have major issues getting it to run properly. Every freakin day, I have to run a Windows update, Run a patch update from LucasArts, run a driver update from GeoForce on my card, and re-evaluate my overall "score" (thank you very ****in much, Vista) on the game. And this is just to get it to start properly. ARGH!

I only had to install one official update from LucasArts when I first got the game, and it runs perfect on Vista for me. :D

Gareth Infinity
2009-03-11, 10:59 PM
I've been neglecting Transformers quite a bit in order to fund a hobby in vinyl figures (and none of that Western crap, thank you).

Also the new Marvel Universe 3-3/4" line is AWESOME.

Treadshot A1
2009-03-16, 08:48 AM
Must get METEOR...Must get METEOR...Must get METEOR...Must get METEOR...Must get METEOR...Must get METEOR...Must get METEOR...

Oh, and maybe Akatsuki Gundam, funds permitting.

And i'm looking for more GN Archers, to bash into Paradron Medics.

skywarp408
2009-03-30, 01:07 AM
To finish off Sectaurs and Silverhawks mib.

bowspearer
2009-04-19, 07:17 AM
To finish off Sectaurs and Silverhawks mib.

That's on my to do list after M.A.S.K. Cuurently trying to finish off my M.A.S.K. collection- curently just a pending outlaw sale away from all of Series 1 and 2, hlaf the racing series and a couple of the split seconds (including a sealed Skybolt)- currently selling alot of my TFs off to fund it too (bring on the 100 post mark already dammit lol).

Treadshot A1
2009-05-02, 02:04 PM
...of Busou Shinki. Arrgh.

So my list basically is Strarf, a second Arnval, Werkstra, Waffebunny, Tigris, and maybe more.

ERCP
2009-05-12, 07:51 AM
I'm a big fan of Resident Evil. My biggest goal is to get my hands on a RE Nemesis, second form by Moby Dick.

Failing that, I'd like to get another Palisades Nemesis, cos some rat bastard broke into my shanty and stole mine along with my RID Galvatron.

I wish the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits.

I also wouldn't mind increasing my Mortal Kombat collection, so far I only have the MK1 style Rayden...

I'd also very much like a Clive Barker's TS, Agonistes.