PDA

View Full Version : Gi Joe Resolute

AndyTurnbull
2009-04-18, 11:53 AM
The first couple of episodes aired last night and they are on Youtube for those of us not in America to enjoy.

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=7201

Fast paced stuff, pretty enjoyable for a Joe cartoon.

Andy

Denyer
2009-04-18, 03:29 PM
Ah, he's got links now. Might get to that later.

(And yeah, I think we're okay to link to creator blogs when it comes to Youtubed content. Just not directly...)

Denyer
2009-04-18, 06:18 PM
Top stuff. If shows were all that stripped of plot flab, I'd watch more TV.

AndyTurnbull
2009-04-18, 07:02 PM
Yeah it moves at good speed, and suits being broken down into the smaller episodes. Looking forward to seeing it all in one when it's all been broadcast.

Andy

Civ
2009-04-18, 10:05 PM
I've never given much of a crap about G.I. Joe, even with the various Transformers crossovers. Now, saying that, these webisodes were freaking awesome. Very intense and so far, looking and feeling really good regarding the plot. When does the DVD come out? ;)

AndyTurnbull
2009-04-18, 10:16 PM
Not seen any concrete information yet, but I'd imagine it will come out fairly close to the live action movie hitting the screens.

Andy

poyguimogul
2009-04-19, 10:14 PM
Its nice seeing a serious G.i. Joe anime.. Though they killed two of my favorite charecters off in less then 5minutes /cry.

Wasn't really feeling Cobra Commanders voice until he gets to the end of his speech, then it starts to sound like Burgess Merideth (deceased) which is pretty sweet.

Steve Blum as Duke.. Win? Voice maybe would be more fitting for Flint, But Flints voice actor was in Robot Chicken not long ago, so /pray with me forrest.

Adultswim.com has the video posted. pt 1+2 combined.

AndyTurnbull
2009-04-20, 08:32 PM
Warren Ellis has linked to eps 4 and 5 on his website.

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=7214

Andy

wolfbolt86
2009-04-20, 10:20 PM
So far, this is the best Joe show I've seen. Let's hope that the moive is like this.

Not wanting to be off topic, but what is with the hate that some have for the movie? Just because they don't like the trailer, they think the movie will sink?

DrSpengler
2009-04-20, 10:49 PM
I think most of the hate is coming from the leaked images of Cobra Commander who looks...not so good.

As for Resolute, I'm loving it so far. I'd rather they hadn't killed off Major Bludd, just because Cobra has so few individual characters as it is, they can't really afford to lose any.

The only thing that's REALLY bugging me about it is that they only have, like, 4 voice actors. And you can tell. Charlie Adler is voicing, like, 5 different characters and Gre DeLisle is doing every. Single. Female.

And speaking of Adler, his Cobra Commander is great. Very chilling and imposing. I wasn't sure what to expect, since Starscream had only 2 lines in the live action movie (Adler having also voiced him, which lead to him getting the CC role).

wolfbolt86
2009-04-20, 11:09 PM
The only thing that's REALLY bugging me about it is that they only have, like, 4 voice actors. And you can tell. Charlie Adler is voicing, like, 5 different characters and Gre DeLisle is doing every. Single. Female.

And speaking of Adler, his Cobra Commander is great. Very chilling and imposing. I wasn't sure what to expect, since Starscream had only 2 lines in the live action movie (Adler having also voiced him, which lead to him getting the CC role).

I can't really tell who Adler acts. Also I wish Blum could change his voice a bit more. His Wild Bill sounds like Duke a tad too much.

wolfbolt86
2009-04-22, 10:13 PM
Up to eight is out now. Eight is so far the best imho.

Adultswim has them too.

Sunstreaker2
2009-04-23, 12:40 AM
It's pretty awesome, from what I've watched...An excellent (and MORE SERIOUS) update of the classic 80s Joe.

AndyTurnbull
2009-04-23, 12:01 PM
It's well paced for the delivery method and it's certainly the most entertaining Joe cartoon we've ever had.

Now is there enough money to get him to do similar for Transformers!

Andy

Civ
2009-05-08, 01:46 AM
In case people aren't aware of this, they're up to episode 11, the finale.