PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Pryde art show

Denyer
2009-04-28, 10:05 PM
http://fullofpryde.blogspot.com/

Transformer Kamen
2009-04-28, 11:25 PM
Ooooo. Nice.

I've taken a new liking for Kitty since reading Whedon's version in Astonishing X-Men. Shame how that turned out.

Btw, anyone know if that series is supposed to continue? I'd heard that it was, under different writers, but nothing since.

AndyTurnbull
2009-04-28, 11:33 PM
Yeah the series has continued Warren Ellis has taken up the writing chores and Simone Bianchi is on the art. The series has seen delays and the unforgiveable sin that was Ghost Boxes (a 2 issue series that was so light on page count for the $3.99 price point that it was pretty much hated on by most.) The stories were decent but sixteen pages for 4 bucks meant it got a kicking.

Andy

Cliffjumper
2009-05-05, 02:34 PM
Only really liked Kitty when Ellis wrote her for Excalibur... She felt like a person then, whereas generally elsewhere she's been some hack's wet-brained idea of what a teenage girl would be like.

DrSpengler
2009-05-05, 03:40 PM
I liked Kitty well enough back in the day. She was one of the more fun elements of Claremont's original run. Can't say I read much of her during the 90s. Of the 5 major X-Books out at the time I have to confess that Excalibur was the one I followed least of all.

To go off on a tangent, if there's one trend she started that I DIDN'T like, it's the "Wolverine must always take a teenage girl under his wing and have wacky adventures with her" angle.

It was fun when he and Kitty did it, but that's it. Since then, we've had Wolverine/Jubilee, Wolverine/Angel (from early in Morrison's run) and most recently, Wolverine/Armor.

All of them keep trying to recapture that "magic" and it just doesn't work. Let it go.

Clogs
2009-05-05, 09:46 PM
:up: But not enough Lockheed...

Also missing a Pirate Kitty/Colleen re: the time when Kitty told little Illyana that cute and twisted fairy tale (Uncanny X-Men #153). I loved that bit of whimsy.