PDA

View Full Version : "Revenge of the Fallen" Toys (Opinions)

Sunstreaker2
2009-05-30, 02:01 AM
'Cause someone had to do it.

I got ROTF Skids and Rampage today.

Skids: Skids is one hell of a charming Transformer. He has a surprisingly tough transformation for a Deluxe, his design just OOZES personality, and he has great articulation. Definitely one to buy.

Rampage: An okay, if not a little super-deformed bulldozer, with a neat transformation and a cool little third mode. The robot is very centaurian, I like. Transformation back into vehicle mode is HELLISH.

Sir Auros
2009-05-30, 02:25 AM
I bought the Voyager Prime, Sideswipe, and Ransack today.

Ransack is frakking awesome. We now have a Transformers biplane! I find that insanely cool. I am almost charmed enough by this figure to write a review.

I liked Voyager Prime's guns, but I wish he had the badass sword that the Leader class version has. I passed over that version since I have the leader class figure from the first movie already.

I haven't transformed Sideswipe yet, but he looked pretty cool. Reminds me that I should have bought a premium Jazz when I had the chance. :(

I was going to get the leader Megatron, but decided to put him back on the shelf because I felt guilty spending that much on toys, and because he has the same problem the first movie Megatron had. It's this figure with a really complex, detailed sculpt, but it's mostly this flat gray color that does an injustice to the details. I do like that he's a tank now, and the gimpy left arm is neat.

I wanted to get the Robot Heroes set with Prime dual-wielding blades last week or the week before, but the Walmart computer said it couldn't be sold. All the ROTF Robot Heroes were gone the next day and they're still not out.

It was really hard to pass up that Bumblebee helmet and blaster.

RID Scourge
2009-05-31, 03:45 AM
Voyager Prime. Wish I'd picked him up sooner.

Scout Dead End. Kinda funky, but good.

Scout Knockout. 'Bout the same as Dead End.

Kinda finding it hard to get excited about the offerings so far. Shame since I really liked the first movie's toys.

Clay
2009-05-31, 04:23 AM
Made a trip to the TRU today. Came back with:

Leader Prime
Voyager Starscream
Deluxe Sideswipe and Sideways
Scout Ransack
And the six new Legends molds.

The leader Prime was an uphill, hour long battle, but my goodness, they did it. Those crazy toy-designing mother ****ers really did it. It looks like what it's supposed to in both forms. Luke, you're missing out.

Starscream isn't without faults, but it's a good improvement from the first toy. Hands, for instance.

Sideswipe and Sideways are typical deluxe greatness. Sideswipe needs some sort of award or something. And Sideways is so totally not Barricade at all, nuh-uh. No way. :glance:

And Ransack is indeed spiffy.

RID Scourge
2009-05-31, 05:01 AM
Wasn't feelin' him in stores, but with the way everyone's talking about him I might pick up Ransack to see how he measures up.

Sideswipe and Sideways are typical deluxe greatness. Sideswipe needs some sort of award or something. And Sideways is so totally not Barricade at all, nuh-uh. No way. :glance:

I'm actually waiting for Swerve and Dead End on both counts myself. Means I got a long wait. Though hopefully Ravage will be out soon enough.

The leader Prime was an uphill, hour long battle, but my goodness, they did it. Those crazy toy-designing mother ****ers really did it. It looks like what it's supposed to in both forms. Luke, you're missing out.

Glad to hear that. Though I'd probably get killed for buying another leader Prime. I can get away with a voyager since he's compact.

Sir Auros
2009-05-31, 06:40 AM
It looks like what it's supposed to in both forms. Luke, you're missing out.

I really liked the first Leader version, and I can't really justify the newer model. Even if it has sweet swords.

I'm having some trouble balancing Sideswipe. I think I got the feet correct (that step was super-crappy in the instructions), but the roundness of the wheels isn't conducive to good balance.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-05-31, 06:57 AM
Soundwave: Good for display in robot mode. Satilite mode looks weird, but I guess it works, jet mode is a joke. Two step transformation from Satilite to jet.

Skids: Ugly as hell, IMO, Alt mode looks good, robot mode is sturdy, neat transformation(somewhat annoying), but he's so ugly as a robot...

Deadend: neat little guy, like his Bio more than anything.

Sideways: My favorite of these four. reminesscant of Barricade in transformation.

wolfbolt86
2009-05-31, 04:45 PM
Got Sideswipe and is one of favorites. Does any think that some of the last movie series figures like Landmine and the other none film characters will be released in this line?

Looks like I'm getting the new Prime for the new combine feature with Jetfire.

Transformer Kamen
2009-05-31, 05:22 PM
Sideways I really like. He has a few balance issues, but is well worth the purchase.

I'm not feeling Rampage. He lacks articulation, and his centaur mode doesn't come out as well as I'd like. On the plus side, his Jackhammer mode is wildly entertaining! Pogo of DOOOOOOOOM!

numbat
2009-05-31, 05:45 PM
Picked up the first wave of Legends today (I caved Clay... they just looked too good!).

I'm very glad I took the chance on a 4 set bundle deal (offering the equivalent of old-days prices!).

All are at least as good as the best of the previous Movie Legends, if not better. And all are better than the first wave of Movie 1 Legends!

A lot more thought has gone in to the robot modes this time, with better articulation as well.

Prime is the biggest disappointment (as you've probably read, by me, in a number of threads now) - but still a huge improvement on the last version. Sad, though - blue paint apps (or plastic) on the side panels that connect the arms would have made him so much better... As he is, he seems quite tacky next to the rest - but at least this time he looks like Prime, and not some Cubist take on the character!

It's nice to have the new Camaro Bumblebee to stand alongside the myriad '74 Camaros (well, four). He has an infinitely better robot mode, with good arm articulation, and a nice car mode, with sparky gold/yellow glittery plastic, every window painted, and even the Chevy symbol painted gold! He also gets a wee Autobot insignia on his head! Ace! Bumbles no doubt has the most film accurate robot mode.

Springer has a great transformation, with two grand modes. He just fails due to his lack of shoulder articulation. Otherwise, he's great - and one of the most fun of the wave!

Jetfire is the winner for me, though. Despite neithe mode being top notch, the designers have done a good job achieving what they have with a very nice transformation to boot, and have thrown in heaps of robot mode articulation! (I am biased though - I love Blackbirds, and have since I was wee. Snoop used to be my second favourite toy, after G1 Bumblebee, and, to be fair, did the whole thing better in 1986, but had a simpler robot mode...)

The UK toys do not come with instructions on how to combine Prime and Jetfire. I'll hold off experimenting 'til I've seen the film. I'm actually glad - I'd like to see this on the big screen before any toy spoils it!

Still - I look forward to the rest of the line - my initial concerns totally set at ease!

Sunstreaker2
2009-05-31, 06:10 PM
Huh, it got renamed...Oh well. Still means the same thing!

Skidmark
2009-05-31, 06:44 PM
I got deluxe Breakaway and Voyager Starscream at Botcon 09 yesterday.

Breakaway is one of the better jetformers I've seen. His robot mode is well hidden even while his feet stick out they're kinda camouflaged. In robot mode, he looks a hunchback or someone carrying a heavy backpack (this case, his jet kibble). The only downside is that the front of his head is visible in the cockpit like he's playing peekaboo. Overall, he's a really fun toy in both modes. when I saw the breakaway CGI artwork for the game, it was a must buy for me.

ROTF Starscream is a vast improvement compared to is previous incarnation which probably had the fattest jet mode I ever saw. Transformation was very cleverly design.Your right Clay, those designers are crazy mother ****ers.
Screamer's really fun to play with and his jet mode is much sleeker. Once again, another jetformer I recommend buying.

burnitall
2009-06-02, 05:16 AM
Leader Prime almost got dashed against the wall. What a pain in the ass. MP Megatron was nothing compared to this. An hour and 3 beers later, and he's a truck. Still, after all that, What a great toy. I have the first movie version, and I really like it, but this one is truly Prime. I recommend it, even if you have the first one.

Sideways- this one I thought I would have all the trouble with, but no, the only issue was one he shares with Sideswipe, getting him to balance. Then I noticed the picture had the wheel as the heel and the little foot as the toe, and that works. He's so similar to Barricade, down to the spikey things on his feet, I wonder what's the story there.

Sideswipe- He's pretty deadly looking, I like him. We all know the deal with his feet by now.

Rampage- What an unconventional design for robot mode, I really like it. The jackhammer thing doesn't work on mine without the whole piston popping forward, so the hell with it.

Demolishor- I don't know what to say, but that he's pretty weird looking, and monstrous. *shrug*

Starscream-:up: I wish his arms were better articulated.

Gareth Infinity
2009-06-02, 02:53 PM
Sideswipe would be an awesome toy if I could get him to stand more often. I can't get him in any other poses than just standing there. Even mistransforming the feet doesn't help too much. So sad...

Leader Prime is cool. Love the articulation and the way some of the parts come together. Getting the arms together for truck mode pisses me off, but it takes patience. The swords are a bigger problem. Because of the arm kibble, you either have to have them only part-way in and prone to coming out on their own, or jammed in incorrectly and thus, never coming out with a push of the button. So I have to have them out all the time, pretty much.

I haven't had much time with the three Scouts I bought, so I'll get back to them later. But for the most part, they're disappointing.

Tramp
2009-06-02, 08:42 PM
I really liked the first Leader version, and I can't really justify the newer model. Even if it has sweet swords.

I'm having some trouble balancing Sideswipe. I think I got the feet correct (that step was super-crappy in the instructions), but the roundness of the wheels isn't conducive to good balance.

Get the new version of Leader Prime. It is ten time better than the first movie Leader Prime. Very movie accurate, which the first one was not. The transformation, over-all appearance, everything. It's just a much better mold than the first movie's Leader Prime.

S_Windell
2009-06-03, 07:38 AM
Sideswipe needs some sort of award or something.

And Ransack is indeed spiffy.

Sideswipe bit quoted for truth. I was a bit underwhelmed by him at first but realize that was only due to expectations being so high! His deluxe is still an incredible toy based on a character with a godly design!

I'll pick up Ransack as soon as I see him. :)

Sideswipe- He's pretty deadly looking, I like him. We all know the deal with his feet by now.

Sideswipe would be an awesome toy if I could get him to stand more often. I can't get him in any other poses than just standing there. Even mistransforming the feet doesn't help too much. So sad...

Yes, this is the one really frustrating thing about SS. You CAN accomplish getting him to stand- and when you do it's pretty solid- but only in the most static of poses. Fiddling around with him, he looks great in "action" type poses, but no way you can display him without some type of support! I know it goes against movie accuracy, but Hasbro probably should have somehow found a way to allow him stable feet.

numbat
2009-06-03, 11:57 AM
Yes, this is the one really frustrating thing about SS. You CAN accomplish getting him to stand- and when you do it's pretty solid- but only in the most static of poses. Fiddling around with him, he looks great in "action" type poses, but no way you can display him without some type of support! I know it goes against movie accuracy, but Hasbro probably should have somehow found a way to allow him stable feet.
Chromia comes with a stand, does she not? The inclusion of a stand would have been helpful, but is only a minor suggestion for what is a great figure.

Warcry
2009-06-05, 04:46 AM
Picked up Scout Depthcharge and Deluxe Soundwave today.

Depthcharge is one of the neatest little Transformers I've seen it a while. His robot mode is a bit gangly and ungainly -- he actually reminds me a lot of Spittor's character model from the IDW comics -- and manages to look alien without being unrecognizable. His shoulder-guns are a neat touch, he's fun to fiddle with and the colour scheme just works. He turns into a realistic Earth warship (probably a corvette or a small frigate, by the size of the windows and other detailing), which is something that I've been wanting for a long time with little hope of actually getting. I have to chuckle a bit, though -- since there's no mass-shifting in the Movieverse, this little guy should actually be bigger than Devastator. A top-notch little toy who's definitely worth the price tag.

Soundwave is a mess of parts that don't lock together properly, and that only vaguely look like anything recognizable after you go through the ten minutes of frustrating origami necessary to transform him into either of his alternate modes. His robot mode looks pretty cool, but unless he's meant to turn into an abstract Christmas tree ornament he fails miserably as a Transformer.

Notabot
2009-06-05, 05:39 AM
I got Sideswipe and Rampage the other day. Sideswipe is indeed awesome, and a chromed premium version would just be double-plus awesome.

Rampage is so close to awesome. Fantastic bulldozer mode with really good detailing and extremely well hidden bot parts. Jackhammer mode is a joke that I was hoping Hasbro would announce is actually arm mode with a few changes. Bot mode could have been great, but I'm not that jazzed by the lower body. Arms are fine (could use more articulation), whips are great, but just give him real feet and eliminate all the junk in his trunk!

borg72
2009-06-05, 05:45 PM
Deluxe swipe/ways (who will forever be twinned in my head). both awesome. utter, utter awesome. sideswipe is a sod to stand without partially breaking the feet apart again, and sideways is a touch back-heavy (though thats more to do with tiny feet than excessive kibble). both are easier than i imagined to get back into alt mode.

scout ransack - think 8 is pushing hasbro's luck a little, and is enough of a price hike to put me off most of the scouts, who i was only mildly interested in anyway, but ransack is a definate must-have for a variety of reasons; for me its my love of IDW's HoS comic. the only annoyance is that most of the joints are very tiny, and anything that can pop off, will, with excess pressure.

legends optimus and jetfire - saw these at the supermarket and couldn't say no. prime is much better than the first, and jetfire is brilliant given the size. the combined mode (no instructions or reference pic included anywhere in either package) is essentially a jet-mode jetfire stuck to the back of robot mode prime, nose down. splay out the engines and wings a little bit, and you're pretty much there. after seeing the concept art for the movie, i'd say this is no less accurate than the leader-class backpack!

S_Windell
2009-06-05, 05:45 PM
Chromia comes with a stand, does she not? The inclusion of a stand would have been helpful, but is only a minor suggestion for what is a great figure.

I wonder if that same one would work for Sideswipe? I may pick up that one on a whim, but it certainly wouldn't be one I'd display in the room. It'd end up in one of the storage boxes. But the stand I'd keep for Sideswipe! BTW, I am just curious as to why that was spoiler tagged? Is it because the toy is not out yet?

I picked up Sideswipe last Saturday and the WM I picked it up at, the only store I've really checked so far, didn't have much to choose from. But I went back yesterday and I think I heard my wallet scream for mercy! They have everything! Seriously, I honestly think it was the biggest TF display I'd ever seen in a dept. store. They're coming out with a LOT for this movie!

Thankfully much of it is either pass or may get one later stuff. I got Scouts Ransack and Rollbar. Ransack has a hip, somewhat original alt mode and I've heard good things. Yeah, he's pretty decent. I only got Rollbar because he reminds me of a Red Bull delivery van. I also picked up Robot Replicas Ratchet- no complaints there! Except for maybe the price, it was a dollar more than the deluxes. But being a dollar or two overpriced, imo, is not worth regretting NOT getting later. (Now watch it hit the clearance aisle...)

The prices on the Legends class has dropped, five bucks, and I was tempted to get a few of them. Specifically Bumblebee, Prime, and Jetfire. And was surprised to see a new redeco of Legends Ratchet- my favorite character from the first movie, this one's got a tan tone. Really milking this mold.

numbat
2009-06-05, 06:44 PM
was surprised to see a new redeco of Legends Ratchet- my favorite character from the first movie, this one's got a tan tone. Really milking this mold.
And the madness is it was the second worst Legends mould from the first film line...

But, at least Voyager Ratchet was one of the best moulds!

I'm just over-cautious with spoiler tags, I think.

Unfortunately, Legends class figures seem to be just shy of 5.00 GBP over here, which I think is totally rediculous. However, you can get a four pack bundle from Argos that works out as 3.25 each, which is pretty well equivalent to the good old Cybertron days! Yay!

:swirly:

Transformer Kamen
2009-06-05, 11:42 PM
The voyager Starscream has a beautiful jet mode. It's super sleek with 0 undercarriage junk, and very little robot kibble (sadly, that kibble is is robot hands, but I'll give him a pass). The tats are pretty sweet as well.

His robot mode is a lot more accurate to the CGI model than the previous figure; his arms are more limited in motion, though. Otherwise, he pretty well kicks ass.

The transformation scheme on this guy is somewhat insane, yet, somehow, not difficult or frustrating at all! Everybody wins!

numbat
2009-06-06, 01:09 PM
I just got through my ROTF Leader Prime, Voyager Demolishor and Deluxe Sideswipe.

I've only opened Demolishor so far, and man is that one heck of a transformation! I'm well impressed! Two fantastic modes as well!

If Demolishor is anything to go by, the ROTF figures are in a league of their own, and far surpass the original Movie line! I honestly don't know what people are moaning about! (Well, I guess for one, Demolishor takes the Bay-former design to extremes, but the toys themselves seem very well designed!) I pity the kids who buy these though (and their poor parents...).

Demolishor is just plain awesome!

I'll look forward to tackling Prime later!

numbat
2009-06-06, 02:51 PM
I've just been playing around with Sideswipe, and I have been surprised by how poseable he actually is, and haven't found the same high degree of balance issues as others seem to be complaining about (although the wheels do present some limitations).

Really sweet figure though - nice transformation (and not too tricky, unlike Demolishor!), great detail, great feature (blades), and, of course, beautiful alt mode (loving the concept Stingray! Although I still prefer the Z06). I'm really glad that he's properly silver, unlike the ugly 'silver' plastic used on the first release of Movie Deluxe Jazz.

(They so need to release it in Corvette yellow though!)

RID Scourge
2009-06-06, 09:55 PM
Looks like today was a day for Decepticons whose names begin with R.

Ransack. Really cool figure. I like the bi-plane mode and the wirey robot mode. The backstory about being one of the first airborne transformers works well with his alt mode. I can see him landing in the Smithsonian or some sort of museum on military history and picking this mode as being something he'd be more comfortable with.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. :up:

Rampage. Was a bit confusing at first and I was a bit dismayed by the instructions taking up the front and back of the page, but after the first time I've been able to transform him with only the minor annoyance of a part popping off here or there quickly enough. It's much simpler than it looks.

I really like his insectoid robot mode and his bulldozer mode. The jackhammer mode doesn't work too well. The piston assembly doesn't really have a propper place in dozer mode, and has popped out in robot mode a few times. In spite of this it's a solid figure, and it's more than worth the price. Added bonus since this might be the first TF I have that has a 4-legged robot mode (aside from ones like Ravage who have an animal mode for a robot mode). At least in recent memory.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-06, 11:20 PM
Starscream- I've but one question after picking this guy up. Why the @#$# couldn't they have done this the first time?! (rhetorical) Love the Mech Alive, it's neat and, more importantly, doesn't get in the way of the figure! Complex but easy to follow transformation, and next to no kibble in jet mode. And the markings/tattoos are much better in person. The robot mode looks just like he should.

Rampage- Neat bulldozer mode, cute Jackhammer mode, odd robot mode. Unfortunately, Universe Galvatron's got nothing on this guy. He WILL pop apart on you at least once, usually going back to vehicle.

Sidswipe- Just awesome. And that description is failing badly to describe him!:eek: Once you get the hang of his feet, you'll love him.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-06-07, 01:10 AM
Ransack is all kinds of awesome.

His transformation is simple, but practical. He has three modes, Alt. mode, Attack mode, and bot mode. His attack mode is simply bringing his chest propeller up and unfurling the wings for flight.

His head looks like it was taken from Terminator... but with a engine block on top. His frame represents his age(according to his Bio.) perfectly. He's lanky, seaminly frail, but the toy isn't actually frail which is a plus.

Good coloration too.

Rollbar is a Redbull Truck. (not the actual Redbull emblem) but it's obvious.
His transformation is very easy. He looks pretty cool. His head dosn't really fit the movie line. He's sturdy.

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-07, 01:43 AM
A few mods to Breakaway turns him into an EXCELLENT figure.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-07, 02:16 AM
A few mods to Breakaway turns him into an EXCELLENT figure.

Such as? Come on, tell, tell! Inquiring minds want to know! (okay, maybe just me...)

Skidmark
2009-06-07, 02:33 AM
Such as? Come on, tell, tell! Inquiring minds want to know! (okay, maybe just me...)

It improves the head's articulation. here's the link from Seibertron.com

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rotf-figure-fixes-sideswipe-chest-breakaway-neck/16023/

Pun-3X
2009-06-07, 04:14 AM
So, between Botcon and coming home, I got Sideswipe, Rampage, Knockout, and Rollbar.

Sideswipe is as cool as I thought he'd be. Still got problems with the design of his feet, but the neat little rubber 'pipe/hydraulic' parts and sliding panels when you pose him just makes the robot mode really cool.

Rampage just sold me for some reason. He's a bit of a jumble in robot mode, but there's something about him that's...fun. The kitbasher in me wants to take out the footplugs and try to get some small feet for him that can fold out of the way. But other than that, he's just a lot of fun to play with. Bot and 'dozer modes look great, the overall feel of it is nice, and I love the 'treadwips.'

Knockout--absolute favorite of the scouts. Only reason I'm not getting Depthcharge is because I've seen a KO that's larger (though it doesn't have the shoulder weapons) and I'm curious to find out if it's a decent enough quality to pick THAT one up instead. And I'm holding off on Ransack--though it sounds like he's pretty neat. Anyway--knockout has just enough mixture of movie-feel and prior TF series' looks to really appeal on a different level than some of the others. I love the fact that his front wheel turns, and the gunarm is a pretty cool part of the mold. Very articulate, the only problem I have is his side panels on his legs weren't pinned through and pop off pretty easily.

Rollbar--nice little scout. Simple enough I suppose, but he definitely works. Nothing too clunky, nothing too complex. A good add-on to the soldier ranks.

Off note: I didn't pick up Leader Prime (too...many...Primes!...Ugh...) but seeing him personally, he looks like they really hit the mark. And everyone is truly talking him up. I'd just like to say that I'm glad Hasbro took steps with this guy, when they could have simply released last movie's mold all the same.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-06-07, 05:51 AM
Knockout--absolute favorite of the scouts. Only reason I'm not getting Depthcharge is because I've seen a KO that's larger (though it doesn't have the shoulder weapons) and I'm curious to find out if it's a decent enough quality to pick THAT one up instead. And I'm holding off on Ransack--though it sounds like he's pretty neat. Anyway--knockout has just enough mixture of movie-feel and prior TF series' looks to really appeal on a different level than some of the others. I love the fact that his front wheel turns, and the gunarm is a pretty cool part of the mold. Very articulate, the only problem I have is his side panels on his legs weren't pinned through and pop off pretty easily.

I like Knock Out quite a bit as well, although I'd have to say Ransack is my favorite of the scouts. I actually like that Knock Outs leg panels come off, in fact, I usually take them off during transformation(to cycle) and replace them once the legs are in place.
Only down side is that when I got mine out of the box his front tire(that sit's on his back in bot mode) had some green gunk on it... probably dried paint.

borg72
2009-06-07, 07:12 AM
despite totally not being in a position to splurge right now I did and got voyager starscream. it is indeed as awesome as others have described, though i wil say that the actual toy articulation is slightly more limited than the first (but totally worth it imho). the designer was clearly on just the right side of that mad border between 'genius' and 'bonkers'

discussion with mrs B (middle school teacher) leads me to the conclusion that giving this to a 5 year old (yes, its labelled as '5+') will result in a broken toy and an out of pocket parent. though thats true of most of the more complex transformers these days

numbat
2009-06-07, 11:47 AM
discussion with mrs B (middle school teacher) leads me to the conclusion that giving this to a 5 year old (yes, its labelled as '5+') will result in a broken toy and an out of pocket parent. though thats true of most of the more complex transformers these days
Demolishor is the same in that respect - and I doubt any kid would really manage it, instructions or no. Still, very nifty!

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-07, 02:50 PM
Can Demolishor...move its shoulders?

It needs the right articulation for knocking planes out of the sky!

Savannahtron
2009-06-07, 04:16 PM
Not sure...I bought the Soundwave toy, but I am not so sure about what I have seen from wave 1. I guess I'll go back to buying G1 stuff again, or G1 rehashed...

Detective Barricade
2009-06-07, 07:27 PM
Can Demolishor...move its shoulders?

It needs the right articulation for knocking planes out of the sky!

Yes and no. He can move his shoulders, but at the same time, his bucket hands are all that keep him upright on his wheel. To me it seems Demolishor and Rampage at least are really all about the :wtf: factor. If a unicycle of DOOM or a jackhammer/pogo stick of DOOM don't appeal to you, you should skip them.

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-07, 08:04 PM
Yes and no. He can move his shoulders, but at the same time, his bucket hands are all that keep him upright on his wheel. To me it seems Demolishor and Rampage at least are really all about the :wtf: factor. If a unicycle of DOOM or a jackhammer/pogo stick of DOOM don't appeal to you, you should skip them.

Well, duh...I know he won't be able to stay up.

But the movement itself is what matters.

RID Scourge
2009-06-07, 08:27 PM
I dunno. I don't really like Rampage's pogo of doom, but I'm absolutely in love with the fact that he's a monster in robot mode. This guy's made it to the levels of renown reserved for such greats as Classics BB and TFU Cyclonus. Probably get Demolisher next.

Sir Auros
2009-06-07, 09:01 PM
Got the Whirl/Bludgeon two-pack today, but I have to wait until my birthday to open them. Look pretty cool.

Funko is also making some pretty sweet Transformers bobbleheads now. I saw Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, and I think they had a Starscream. I got the Prime, and I'm probably going to put him in my car even though Funko's bobbleheads aren't really UV resistant.

Skidmark
2009-06-08, 12:21 AM
Just got back from walmart. Bought Ransack and Sideswipe.

Ransack is a fun little biplane to fiddle with. I just couldn't wait to open him up so as soon as I got in the car I started tearing the package apart.

Still haven't opened up deluxe Sideswipe.That's how much fun Ransack is.:D

S_Windell
2009-06-08, 12:01 PM
Rollbar is a Redbull Truck. (not the actual Redbull emblem) but it's obvious.
His transformation is very easy. He looks pretty cool. His head dosn't really fit the movie line. He's sturdy.

Oh, I love ROTF Rollbar! (Personally, I don't think any of him fits into the movie line, mine's on a "mixed" TF shelf.) And you're right, he's totally a Red Bull truck. I actually showed him off to a friend who loves Red Bull, thinking he'd get a kick out of it, and he gets all retentive. "That's not a Red Bull truck. I should know!" All that. Face it, he's a Red Bull truck! I mean, the Robot Heroes Dewbot Dispensor didn't exactly have Mountain Dew logos. But we know who he's supposed to be...

Catalyst Dragon
2009-06-08, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I'm still mad we didn't get a figure of Dispensor!

optimusskids
2009-06-08, 10:05 PM
Have seen the Scout in the shops now. Is it me or are they smaller than those from the last movie. Maybe it's because they're packaged in mech mode?

Clay
2009-06-09, 12:14 AM
Have seen the Scout in the shops now. Is it me or are they smaller than those from the last movie. Maybe it's because they're packaged in mech mode?

I picked up one, and they seem to be the same size as the Real Gear figures from the first one.

Blackjack
2009-06-09, 02:27 AM
Wave 2 Deluxes and Wave 1 Scouts have popped out in retail, but no sign of wave 1 deluxe (I want rampage!). I was a bit miffed to see repaints this early. Smokescreen and Brawl are gonna be shelfwarmers.

I'm still waiting for Ransack....

Dead End impressed me, and Dirt Boss is actually quite nice. I found myself liking Skids as well, though I'd hoped he be blue.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-09, 03:08 PM

Well many of the Scouts from the first movie, except the Real Gear Robots, were repaints of Energon and Cybertron Scouts, and thus had Energon Weapons or Cyber Planet Keys to help fill out the package.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-06-11, 10:54 AM
There's an RotF Brawl?

Detective Barricade
2009-06-11, 11:27 AM
There's an RotF Brawl?

Yep. ROTF Deep Desert Brawl, based on the Leader class toy's AllSpark Power repaint. Supposedly, the shoulder problem has been fixed for this version of the Deluxe.

Sir Auros
2009-06-12, 08:00 PM
I saw The Fallen at a Target today. Passed up on it, but I wonder if it's going to become a rarity.

secretcode
2009-06-12, 08:48 PM
I've been gone for a bit, so I guess I should catch up.

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime: Absolutely amazing. Only problems I have with the toy are the chest pieces being an absolute bitch to pop out during Transformation, and the arm poseability with the swords retracted.

ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe: I don't know what everyone is complaining about on this guy. He's sleek and badass, and I haven't had balancing issues with him.

ROTF The Fallen: Okay, ignoring his "alt mode", he's actually quite fun and has virtually zero balance issues due to the springy feet (Which I managed to play with for about 5 minutes straight before getting to the figure itself)

ROTF Ransack: You know, I sorta forgot how small scout toys were. The toy is quite lanky, but looking at his face, and for some reason I keep seeing Transmutate with a Miner's Hat. Poseability is pretty neat, arms are kind of limited, but his legs are outstanding. Plus he's a ****ing biplane.

ROTF Skids: The latest purchase, and I'm surprised at how small he is. (Apparently he's to scale with Bumblebee in both modes, so that's a plus) His transformation is very touchy, with a bunch of pieces that need to be in exact spots with no room for leeway. Great sculpt, I just wish he came with an actual weapon instead of a punching gimmick in his wanking arm.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-12, 11:30 PM
Somehow I've neglected to talk about these guys:

Leader Optimus Prime - Just about what everyone else has said about him that's positive, apply it here.

Sideways - Nice car mode, though one of the rear wheels on mine doesn't roll so well for some reason. Robot is cool, and definitely NOT Barricade. I really like the option of where to lock his back kibble in place, it's a nice touch.

Skids - Other than the face, he's adorable! I also like just how compact his kibble is. Now to get his bro, Mudflap!:D

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-13, 01:28 AM
Wheelie is REALLY cool!

He's super tall, has an excellent look, and is just plain COOL.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-13, 01:55 AM
I may just cave and get that poor, sad bot. Maybe him, Breakaway, and The Fallen...*starts planning next buys*

Catalyst Dragon
2009-06-13, 06:00 AM
Got Legends Class Springer.

Cool little guy. Reminds me alot of Incenerator from the first movie toys.

RID Scourge
2009-06-14, 12:10 AM
Deep Dessert Brawl. Really cool figure. They fixed the shoulder issue by giving it a longer peg and a lip on the end to lock it in place. It's a bit hard to get it in the first few times. You have to really work it, but it's not going to fall out as easily as it does on the first release.

This will be my movieverse Armorhide since he's got the same colors as cartoon RID Armorhide (as opposed to the toy which was blue [why did they do that again? :eyebrow:]) and I already have green Brawl.

Notabot
2009-06-14, 01:28 AM
I'm starting to come around a little on some of the designs (big shock). I just picked up Starscream yesterday, and I'm quite thrilled there. I was expecting the '07 mold but with hands. This is waaaay better. And Mech-Alive is a huge improvement over Auto-morph. Doesn't get in the way nearly as much.

numbat
2009-06-14, 02:16 PM
Human Alliance Bumblebee is amazing!

I had no idea that this figure was so huge - I had thought the Human Alliance series was gonna be more like those scene battle sets from the first movie line.

Why is this new addition to TF toys getting so little press / talk? The figure is phenomenal - definitive Bumblebee for me - and it's nifty to be able to put a wee articulated action figure in the car!

RID Scourge
2009-06-14, 06:22 PM
Why is this new addition to TF toys getting so little press / talk?

My guess is it just came out so not many places have it in stock yet. I haven't seen them myself. I might get the Sideswipe figure.

The PS3 KILLeR
2009-06-14, 10:01 PM
Skids: awesome figure! The one complaint I can muster up is with the instructions. They seam to show a double-jointed wind-sheild but mine is only single joined and I had to force it up to where it had i go. and he's a little hard to stand, but so are the rest of the ROTF figures.

Sideswipe: great figure but hard to stand up, swords are a meh.

Sideways: Yet again hard to stand up but an awesome alt mode is great and his back left wheel doesn't turn half the time. The purple is cool in car mode but kinda sticks out in bot mode.

Demolishor: Frickin' wicked little bugger:headbang:. If you don't pick him up your missing out.

Rampage: Very disapointed with him. I hate the crab like legs, and the shovel doesn't go anywhere it's just butt kibble(no not poo). the alt mode is fantastic ,if you can get him back to it with out chunking him at a wall. He never really gets back to it either the cab is always loose and won't snap to anywhere. The jack-hammer mode is a joke and feels tacked on. I still love him but he's the super retarded, twice removed, gay, dip-s***, brother -in-law, thats really a nice guy when you get to know him, of the ROTF figures I've goten so far. buy only if you really want him to complete something or if you just really like him.
( sorry if that offends anyone but thats how I feel about him, no hard intended:D)

borg72
2009-06-16, 10:05 PM
Leader Prime

*prepares to be flamed off the forum*

utter utter shite. worst transform ever. took me two freaking hours to nail it, and it only barely holds together before the nose tabs pop. the truck noise sounds like a generic rumble or tank. the sodding spring loaded chest is an utter arse to slot into the forearms (though it took me an hour to find the slots). getting the chest peices out took 45mins, and was only managed by popping the grey hinge on the top (and i still have no idea how to get them in or out again without doing this).

the swords and the nose kibble on the arms spoil most of the arm poseability, the head has a very limited turn, and i'd prefer less garish grey pastic.

oh, and for anyone interested, the european voice chip drops the "I am" and he just says his name. Megatron is the same (not buying him though; as with the first, legends will suffice).

I'm sorry, but i occasionally like to play with my toys. If you like the robot mode, sure, go for it. if you're going to try and actually 'do' anything with it, its 45 for several hours of swearing and cursing...

[/rant]

Tramp
2009-06-16, 10:09 PM
Borg, it gets easier with practice. It is rated as being a level 4 transformation though. I've got the transformation to vehicle mode down to about five minutes or so. As far as the head turning, it actually has very good rotation. The only limiter is the wire in the neck.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-17, 11:26 AM
Hey, Prime's awesome! You just have to get used to such a complex transformation is all.

numbat
2009-06-17, 01:35 PM
I actually don't find Leader Prime's transformation as complex as other folks. It was fairly intuitive, I thought. However, I agree with borg72, in that the difficulty lies in getting the chest to unpeg (repegging is fine) - I'm sure that's gonna snap before long. Similarly, the rear wheel rims don't fit the pegs on his back (in mine anyway).

(And, as ever, I removed the damned batteries as soon as I could - unfortunately, that involved an initial transformation to truck with constant 'Optimus Prime' coming from the bloody thing - which fairly ruined the first transformation experience! Sorted now though. He's mute from here on in!)

However, mine holds in truck mode fine, and despite minor grumbles with pegs and the blade/kibble limited arm poseability, I think he is without doubt the best Prime figure to date, and well worth full price. He and Human Alliance Bumblebee are two of the greatest figures I have ever owned!

Still - this line does not seem well suited to its target audience - i.e. children...

Detective Barricade
2009-06-17, 02:01 PM
It's complex in just how much one has to do to go to either mode, but it gets easier the more you do it. And about the only ones really suitable for the target audience from the movie lines so far would be Scorponok, Stockade, Incinerator, the ROTF Scouts, and Ravage. The others I can't see children having the patience to get through...

numbat
2009-06-17, 02:35 PM
It's complex in just how much one has to do to go to either mode, but it gets easier the more you do it. And about the only ones really suitable for the target audience from the movie lines so far would be Scorponok, Stockade, Incinerator, the ROTF Scouts, and Ravage. The others I can't see children having the patience to get through...

I suppose - but Movie 2007 Leader Brawl involves similar jiggerypokery... Both of those Leaders are the epitome of TF figures so far. Although ROTF Prime takes the cake!

As to Movie figures suitable for kids, I'd throw in '74 Bumblebee and Deluxe Jazz as well (and all the Movie and ROTF Legends are ok to date - although Jetfire and ROTF Prime like to pop parts off...). With many of the others, the parents will be stumped, let alone the kids!

RID Scourge
2009-06-17, 03:41 PM
and all the Movie and ROTF Legends are ok to date

Barricade made me pay for dinner . . .

Detective Barricade
2009-06-17, 04:05 PM
I suppose - but Movie 2007 Leader Brawl involves similar jiggerypokery... Both of those Leaders are the epitome of TF figures so far. Although ROTF Prime takes the cake!

As to Movie figures suitable for kids, I'd throw in '74 Bumblebee and Deluxe Jazz as well (and all the Movie and ROTF Legends are ok to date - although Jetfire and ROTF Prime like to pop parts off...). With many of the others, the parents will be stumped, let alone the kids!

I went with mostly mainline figures, though I've yet to get any of the movie legends. (I am looking forward to Legends Devastator though!:D) I remember Classic Camaro 'Bee often having problems with the Automorph button breaking through normal use, except with the Towed to Safety set. (a UK/European exclusive, so I wouldn't know)

And I agree with Brawl and Prime!:up:

On another matter, I've seemed to have run into a problem with Sideways in that his arms sit low enough in vehicle to drag on the ground a bit...:|

numbat
2009-06-17, 04:46 PM
Barricade made me pay for dinner . . .
You took that out of context.

:)

I meant the Legends figures are suitable (transformable) for kids.

numbat
2009-06-17, 04:47 PM
I remember Classic Camaro 'Bee often having problems with the Automorph button breaking through normal use, except with the Towed to Safety set. (a UK/European exclusive, so I wouldn't know)
I just got the standard release, and his Automorph is still functioning fine. Guess I was lucky!

RID Scourge
2009-06-17, 04:56 PM
You took that out of context.

I meant the Legends figures are suitable (transformable) for kids.

Kids are too young to date, silly, and how are they going to pay? :p

Yes folks. I know what he really means . . .

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-18, 01:55 AM
Sideswipe is real nice. A total looker, a neat transformation, and a cool robot.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-18, 10:09 PM
Knock Out is a total knock out for the Wave 1 Scouts!:D A neat little motorcycle mode, a transformation that's familiar but throws in a few new twists, and a sweet looking robot! The side panels do like to pop off however...

Breakaway is quirky but neat. His colors work surprisingly well together, and both modes are quite solid.

Detective Barricade
2009-06-19, 08:51 PM
The Fallen is pretty neat. The spring loaded toes help with his balance in the right poses. And I'm surprised in how like Animated Shockwave, there's lots of tabs that make his vehicle mode very stable.

Treadshot A1
2009-06-20, 02:42 AM
I just got the standard release, and his Automorph is still functioning fine. Guess I was lucky!

Mine was in the 2 pack, and it works fine as well. Haven't had either of my two 74 BB's break yet.

I think it has a problem of breakage only if you don't press the button at the start of the transformation from car to bot.

Knock Out is a total knock out for the Wave 1 Scouts!:D A neat little motorcycle mode, a transformation that's familiar but throws in a few new twists, and a sweet looking robot! The side panels do like to pop off however...

^ Agreed.

RID Scourge
2009-06-21, 02:04 AM
Picked up Chromia at TRU, and they were having a "buy one, get one 50% off" sale so I grabbed the "Cannon Bumblebee" since I was interested in seeing how he stacks up compared to the '07 movie version.

BB is good. They basically scrapped everything except the legs which was really the only part of the transformation that didn't frustrate the hell out of me.

The rest of the figure is a VAST improvement over the old movie version. The shoulder/hood cannons are a really good feature that fold in, and doesn't get in the way either in or out.

Had a bit of trouble the first time I transformed him because I couldn't figure out how to pop up the part of the hood that I needed to pop up in order to get the front to fold down, but when I figured that out it was pretty smooth.

My one gripe would be the hands. The fingers are molded open with only the thumbs moving. Also they're molded such that they can't swivel. So his arms are pretty useless except for immitating a monkey scratching his pits or doing curls with weights. If you want him to hold a gun it's either gotta be straight-armed or if you want him to have his elbow bent it'll look like he's holding it reverse-gansta style (gangsta style involves holding the gun with the palm-down, but with bb he'd be holding it palm-up).

Griping aside I really like him. Finally a propper movie BB.

Chromia, Chromia. My dear Chromia. You break my heart. Simple enough transformation, and both modes are beautiful, but the tab that held the chest together was missing the grooves that held the pegs that were in the hole that the tab goes in (there was an impression so I knew where they went), and it was a bit long. So her chest kept popping in half. Had to cut the grooves, trim the pegs in the hole and shorten the peg a bit. During the process I sliced my thumb slightly (thankfully it's really only like a papercut. Just was using a sharp knife). That's the kinda thing that ruins an otherwise beautiful figure. Though I've been playing with her since and she holds together well enough.

The gun arm is a bit heavy so it barely supports itself, and sometimes it causes the chest to pop open when playing with it. All in all I have to give her a B- because of the peg problem, but I have a feeling she's going to earn a little extra credit in due time. Can't wait for the other two bikes so I can make the gestalt! :D

The PS3 KILLeR
2009-06-22, 02:38 AM
just got voyager Prime and it's pretty good. looks nice, has a great alt mode, transforms well. The only part I don't like is the back kibble. The front bumper and the grill have nowhere to but in his back. been better if it could have folded up or something. But it's a nice size to the rest of the bots and he looks nice with them. He's a good 8-10 inches tall and he stands up really nice:clap:. I'd say it's a buy, and a good replacement for leader prime if you don't have the money.

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-22, 02:56 AM
Sideways (dark silver version) is beautiful.

Such a great toy!

Dreadwing
2009-06-22, 04:35 AM
I've picked up quite a few over the past few weeks. Sideswipe, Sideways, Breakaway, Bumblebee, Rampage, Skids, Ravage.

Sideswipe: Awsome, simply awsome. Yeah, the foot thing about the only thing to complain about. That robot mode is just amazing though.

Sideways: Pretty good, just not as impressive as some of the others.

Breakaway: Same as Sideways. Is he in the movie or just the video game?

Rampage: This is my favorite robot mode so far! He looks freakishly evil and crazy. I love the crab legs and the whips. I just wish Hasbro would have let the constructicons combie instead of giving them all a wasted "weapon" mode.

Skids: May be my new favorite autobot. A bizzare, deformed, bright green little freak with a fun transformation. I realy like his head/face.

Ravage and bumblebee I have not opened yet.

The next figures im thinking of getting are Mudflap, Chromia, The Fallen, Mixmaster, and if I could find the damn thing I would get Soundwave. I saw him one time only, at my local comic shop for $30.

Also, has anyone picked up the new Brawl or Barricade yet? I missed them in the 07 line and was wondering how the new and old ones compared.

borg72
2009-06-22, 11:14 AM
Rampage: This is my favorite robot mode so far! He looks freakishly evil and crazy. I love the crab legs and the whips. I just wish Hasbro would have let the constructicons combie instead of giving them all a wasted "weapon" mode.

total movie spoiler explanation
the movie explains this; there are two seperate sets of otherwise identical constructicons; one set forms devastator (but never appearing in robot mode, making him a septucon? de-sept-icon?), while the other set remain uncombined and doing decepticon-y things. mixmasters artillery mode does appear (and looks pretty good on screen)

RID Scourge
2009-06-22, 01:15 PM
LAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

Rattrap's tail
2009-06-22, 02:42 PM

Leader Prime is cool. Love the articulation and the way some of the parts come together. Getting the arms together for truck mode pisses me off, but it takes patience. The swords are a bigger problem. Because of the arm kibble, you either have to have them only part-way in and prone to coming out on their own, or jammed in incorrectly and thus, never coming out with a push of the button. So I have to have them out all the time, pretty much.

I haven't had much time with the three Scouts I bought, so I'll get back to them later. But for the most part, they're disappointing.

What is this Sideswipe-ish problem with al you guys? Just mistransform the feet so that the front-ends of the car face,here it comes, BACKWARDS. I don't know what you guys are all talking about, but with that small modification, you'll be able to achieve two things:

1: Better looking Robot Feet

2: A stable Sideswipe, ready to be posed...

numbat
2009-06-22, 03:52 PM

Also, to follow on from borg72, how you'll laugh after you see the film, because (film spoiler - do not read if you don't want things, erm, spoiled!):

Ironically, Rampage is only seen in jackhammer mode - there is no indication he has the crab-leg mode! So, arguably, the tacked on mode is the four-leg robot mode! Amused me, anyway... Although the jackhammer mode is more dynamic in the film, and multi-segmented like a snake. A pogo-snake from Hell, if you will.

I'm still not getting the Constructicons though... I guess the most likely explanation is that they are a load of 'clones' - just seems so unlikely so many 'cons of the same exoskeletal type (which could easily be explained by footage in the film) would all happen to scan the same vehicle modes (which is not so easily explained). Plus, why would Rampage be red, while his Devastator counterpart is yellow, and Demolishor be white, when Scavenger is red, when all the rest of the clone Decepticons have the same colours as their, erm, clone counterparts? I can forgive Blackout / Grindor - I suppose the military grey is the standard Pave Low colour, and desert camo is likely for a Buffalo scanned in any desert (Bonecrusher / unamed Bonecrusher clone) but evil black-purple-silver cement mixers? Come on... I'm amazed they found one! (I suppose they both may have scanned the same one... :|) At this point, I would almost (well, actually, scratch the almost) welcome the explanation that Devastator is made up of seven vehicles that do not have robot modes!

Starfield
2009-06-25, 02:29 PM
Jolt actually looks like one of the better toys. Major shellformer, though.

borg72
2009-06-25, 02:40 PM
ok, so i had my second go at transforming prime (robot to truck)... 20 minutes and only some minor swearing. plus his chip only went off twice!

I am slowly warming up to him, if only because his robot mode is awesome.

sadly he's not in scale with any of the decpticons he fights (leader megatron aside, and both versions seem like a brick to pose), so its difficult to pose him with anyone in a fight. at least until leader starscream gets here next year.

and i am considering leader jetfire for the combined mode, though only if A) i can ge a cheap one on ebay at some point (maybe after christmas) and B) somone comes up with some kind of customisation to make it a bit more movie accurate.

numbat
2009-06-25, 03:41 PM
ok, so i had my second go at transforming prime (robot to truck)... 20 minutes and only some minor swearing. plus his chip only went off twice!

I am slowly warming up to him, if only because his robot mode is awesome.

sadly he's not in scale with any of the decpticons he fights (leader megatron aside, and both versions seem like a brick to pose), so its difficult to pose him with anyone in a fight. at least until leader starscream gets here next year.

2007 Movie Leader Megatron can be posed fairly nicely, if you are happy to spend the time getting him there (I guess a bit like Voyager Demolishor, but without the same obvious reasons... It's those darned automorph feet that get in the way with Megs, really):

http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/images/mov_megatron_robot2.jpg

Prime doesn't take me long to do at all. And I removed his batteries as soon as I uncovered the compartment during the first transformation. However, the thing that takes the time each time, and frightens me, is the chest-piece. At least one always pops off, and I'm terrified the pegs will snap. Is there actually a safe way of doing this part?

Tramp
2009-06-25, 05:06 PM
I just picked up The Fallen yesterday, and it's awsome. Even though he's only Voyager class, he's almost as tall as Leader Optimus Prime, perfect for recreating their fight.

borg72
2009-06-25, 09:58 PM
Prime doesn't take me long to do at all. And I removed his batteries as soon as I uncovered the compartment during the first transformation. However, the thing that takes the time each time, and frightens me, is the chest-piece. At least one always pops off, and I'm terrified the pegs will snap. Is there actually a safe way of doing this part?

kinda... if you pull at the top of the chest piece (the cab roof), you can pill the chunky grey part off from the body with relative ease. its chunky and solid enough not to warp. its the joint between the grey part and the body, not the joint between the cab roof and the grey part.

then if you twist the chest piece to the side (its either outwards or inwards), it should just unhook the offending tab from his stomach. the grey bit reattaches with ease.

some people have said theirs untabs easily, others like me cant undo it without doing this. seems to be some kind of error corrected mid-production.

edit
i may invest in the fallen. he looks cool as a figure unto himself, but the design reminds me of something i cant place from another sci-fi movie/series?

Tramp
2009-06-25, 10:03 PM
The tabs on mine unsnap pretty easily. The trick is, after popping the window sections from the roof, lift them up so that the tabs line up just below the top of the groove they are secured in, then push the tabs in towards the center line of the torso and they should pop out.

ganon578
2009-06-26, 12:54 PM
Picked up Legends Prime and Jetfire. Nice figures in their own right (cheap too) plus I enjoy the combined mode too, even though it's just a jet strapped to Prime's back. The Prime toy is cool since it has more articulation than I expected from a Legends class. Didn't fiddle with Jetfire much (he was mostly tacked to Prime's back) but he's pretty nifty in his own right. :up:

I only owned two Legends figures from the first movie, but these new figures seem much better than those in quality, articulation, etc...

Detective Barricade
2009-06-26, 06:21 PM
Wheelie is quite compact in RC Truck mode. A little tricky getting there, but neat!:up:

numbat
2009-06-26, 07:40 PM
ROTF Legends Megatron is a bulky wee figure. He compromises with both modes, but delivers passable robot and tank modes as a result - something neither the Voyager (decent tank, pants robot) nor Leader Class (great robot, poor tank) figures have managed, this time round.

Still, his hips are a bit weird, and his right arm is like a Cybertronian litter-picker.

A bit fiddly to transform as well - not due to complexity, the turret just needs arm pieces in place just-so.

But, I like the little fella. At least he has real silver paint!

Tramp
2009-06-26, 09:51 PM
I just picked up the Voyager class Megatron. Origninally, i was going to go with the Leader class Megatron until I saw the movie and discovered that the Voyager class was more accurate (other than the paint job and wings). The tank mode is very movie accurate and, according to the movie guide, Megatrojn is supposed to be a triple-changer, which, I, and a few others over at TFormers discovered, you can do with the voyager class mold. Not only can he transform from tank to robot, but you can also get a pretty good "Cybertronian jet" mode out of him, similar to his alt mode form the first movie. The only thing I'm not fond of on the mold is the holes in the treads needed for transformation. I wish they could have figured out a better way to accomplish that. It would have been nice of the back pod could collapse a bit more rather than being huge wings (which is how they look best) The one thing I did do with him though is dry-brush him silver right over the grey-green. He looks really sharp now.

saddestmoon
2009-06-27, 12:38 AM
Hey Peeps!

I picked up Soundwave the other day - talk about having difficulty getting him into his starcruiser/jet mode (Which is my favourite of the three). I must have spent roughly 40 mins approx trying to trandsform him into it! Now that I have, I'm afraid to try his other modes, as I'm uncertain that I'll be able to revert him back to jet-mode... :swirly:

Of the line thus far, he's my fav... I can't wait to get Ravage when he appears. He looks awesome!

:headbang:

Sunstreaker2
2009-06-27, 01:21 AM
Mudflap is a surprising stunner!

The Doctor
2009-06-27, 07:29 AM
The jury is still out on these. The movie designs in general are not my cup of tea.

borg72
2009-06-27, 07:57 AM
Hey Peeps!

I picked up Soundwave the other day - talk about having difficulty getting him into his starcruiser/jet mode (Which is my favourite of the three). I must have spent roughly 40 mins approx trying to trandsform him into it! Now that I have, I'm afraid to try his other modes, as I'm uncertain that I'll be able to revert him back to jet-mode... :swirly:

whats the problem you're having? do you mean the instructions are too vague, or that joints are too tight or too looe?

to be honest, both the altmodes are a total guess anyway; nothing actually tabs in anywhere, and there are hinges and balljoints galore. every pic i've seen of him in satelite mode has him configured differently. Mrs B actually likes this idea, as it encourages creativity and imagination in kids, but dammit, i just want a stable alt mode...

numbat
2009-06-27, 08:54 AM
whats the problem you're having? do you mean the instructions are too vague, or that joints are too tight or too looe?

to be honest, both the altmodes are a total guess anyway; nothing actually tabs in anywhere, and there are hinges and balljoints galore. every pic i've seen of him in satelite mode has him configured differently. Mrs B actually likes this idea, as it encourages creativity and imagination in kids, but dammit, i just want a stable alt mode...
He shifts configurations a lot in the film, so it's probably best that way. ;)

saddestmoon
2009-06-27, 02:08 PM

The joints aren't too tight or too loose - its a mixture of the instructions not being the most clear, his jet-mode (or what I approximated as his jet-mode, based on the cardback image) being hard to configure, and also hard to retain, once achieved. And yes - I would absolutely love him to have a solid/stable alt-mode, that doesn't lose shape when I pick him up.

Granted - I'll admit to not being the fastest mode changer, but this one took me a considerable amount of time to achieve. Maybe I've just lost 'the touch'...

;)

RID Scourge
2009-06-28, 05:00 AM
Ravage. Pretty awesome. Reentry mode is easy enough to transform, but a bit of a farce. It's all right though since I just bought him for the cat mode.

Voyager Fallen. Pretty cool. Jet mode looks decent and the robot mode looks a lot like the movie version.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-06-28, 07:42 AM
Chromia is easy to transform. The instructions however show you one way while the box shows a different one. It took me awhile to get her down only because of this discrepancy. The Stand/Assault cannons are cool. The missile makes me wish I could find some way to have it light up, being that the end of it looks like a little lightbulb. I've found that she dosn't seem to like to go into either mode very well, mainly her chest won't stay together in bot mode, and it's somewhat tricky to get her gun arm to go into place in cycle mode.

She's also quite bulky in cycle mode.

RID Scourge
2009-06-28, 07:16 PM
Yeah. I had to trim the large peg a bit ssince it's too big for the hole it goes into. When you get that fixed she's quite a beautiful figure. :up: Can't wait for the other bikes.

The PS3 KILLeR
2009-06-29, 04:50 PM
Got Mudflap, he is great and stands up on his own, a first for the ROTF figures i've got so far. I'd say hes a buy and he looks nice beside of skids too.

RID Scourge
2009-06-30, 04:31 AM
Broke down and picked up Sideswipe since they had the coupons at target, and I figured why not? I'll save more, and I was going to buy the mold when they did Swerve anyway. Now I don't have to. Really cool figure. Can see why there are so many grievances about the feet. Have to get the heels level with the wheel in the foot to get him stable enough to stand. Once you do he's pretty badass. Can't really do action poses though.

Demolisher-Really cool figure. Wasn't sure if I wanted to buy him before because he looked extremely simple, but today he was pretty much one of few that I didn't have but was curious about. Like the weird robot mode. Reminds me a lot of BM Thrust's bike mode.
Shame he got snuffed out in the first ten minutes of the movie . . .

EDIT: Makes me hope they surprize us with Hightower and Scrapper even though they didn't exist outside of Devestator in the movie like the other four did. I have Rampage and Demolisher, and I plan to get Mixmaster and Long Haul. Would be sweet to see robot modes for those two.

numbat
2009-07-01, 12:11 PM
OK...

So, after all my harping, I have just brought home a Leader Class Megatron...

Thing is, I really want a Megs to kick my Leader Optimus's ass, and display together, and I saw Megatron posed in a window, and he was actually mighty impressive in robot mode. Plus I did well with some recent eBay sales.

And, out of the box, he is excellent - far better robot mode than the first movie Megs, and very poseable (bar that canon arm - such a shame the elbow joint was missed out). No kibble either. Massive too - towers over his 2007 movie incarnation and Leader Brawl.

However...

His tank mode is ok... From the front. Big, though. Shame about the sides - they're very open and he looks far too tall. Really great from the front though. Love the way they matched the head position and guard - looks like a spider's chelicerae! Great!

Whereas people have moaned that he doesn't have his wings, this is fair enough, as in the film he has a terrestrial tank mode, with the wings folded up as armour plates over the treads, and a flying mode, with these plates unfolded. Why a Leader Class figure can't do both, I have no idea...

And the transformation, while fairly simple, is a bit of a bugger - mine takes more force than is reasonable for an adult for the left hand treads, let alone a child. Perhaps I'm just lucky. Still, less awkward than the 2007 movie transformation.

So, I think his fate is perhaps something of a glorified Action Master.

Ackula
2009-07-02, 04:56 AM
Well I think this thread was for opinions of the toys, but I might be wrong. So I will post my opinion. I finally bought a ROTF toy tonight, seeing as they were on sale at Target. I got Skids, because I like his character and his alt mode, and the fact that he is causing race riots in the fandom.

I'm quite impressed with this toy honestly, its like a little Alternator! Very complex transformation for something so small, and not too fidgety to be painful either, pretty intuitive transformation after the first go at it. No pesky automorph to screw up the toy either, a big thumbs up from me! :up:

numbat
2009-07-02, 08:18 AM
You can see in the boat shot there's only one Rampage, plus while Rampage is in that last shot, you see Megs with his treadlegs already installed. Not sure to the confusion.
Aye.

I had thought that we miss a lot of the repair process, and that Scrapper (or whoever you like) was killed when they ran out of appropriate viable parts from, erm, by the looks of it Brawlestator.

And I'm sure there was a crane with a Decepticon insignia on the boat. But, I could be wrong, and it makes no difference. How much of that film made sense or had any form of decent continuity going on?

Now, on to toys... I've been playing around with my Leader Megs this morning, and am really liking him. I have his transformation down now (aha - that took one go!), and like I said before, the tank mode looks great from the front and behind. The side is a bit open - it would have benefited from a few folding plates. Why he doesn't have these, I have no idea.

And the robot mode is great fun, once you remove the batteries and he stops yelling 'I am Megatron' and 'blasting' his canon at the slightest touch. It's a cool robot mode indeedy.

Knightdramon
2009-07-02, 01:56 PM
Got my first ROTF, Human alliance Bumblebee.

Willing to support that sub-line until they make it no more. Enough said.

Love the squarish car mode, ADORE the robot mode [makes the deluxe version look like a sub par figure] as it can get into some very extreme action poses with minimal effort. I dislike the Sam figure [I do understand it's part of the gimmick of the line, but...] and almost all the uses it has on BB. Is it just me or is he a tad undersized too?

numbat
2009-07-02, 02:19 PM
Got my first ROTF, Human alliance Bumblebee.

Willing to support that sub-line until they make it no more. Enough said.

Love the squarish car mode, ADORE the robot mode [makes the deluxe version look like a sub par figure] as it can get into some very extreme action poses with minimal effort. I dislike the Sam figure [I do understand it's part of the gimmick of the line, but...] and almost all the uses it has on BB. Is it just me or is he a tad undersized too?
I absolutely love this figure as well!

I have fully reviewed it here: http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/rotf_bumblebee3.php

It has scales in the review, but I estimated that Bumblebee's Camaro mode is 1/26 and Sam is 1/28. So, yeah, not quite right there, but close enough. I doubt the designers are working to precise scales with anything in the line.

I haven't been so impressed with the HA Sideswipe photos though - he looks overly chunky for what was a skinny, elegant robot design.

Skids is looking good later in the year though (downside - comes with Arcee...).

Knightdramon
2009-07-02, 08:33 PM
I absolutely love this figure as well!

I have fully reviewed it here: http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/rotf_bumblebee3.php

It has scales in the review, but I estimated that Bumblebee's Camaro mode is 1/26 and Sam is 1/28. So, yeah, not quite right there, but close enough. I doubt the designers are working to precise scales with anything in the line.

I haven't been so impressed with the HA Sideswipe photos though - he looks overly chunky for what was a skinny, elegant robot design.

Skids is looking good later in the year though (downside - comes with Arcee...).

Yes, I did thoroughly read your review over three times as I was waiting for the figure to arrive. I got it on a crazy "must get something" spree and later regretted it, but now it's really the ultimate BB.

I concur on the Sideswipe issue, if it's as poseable as Bee, however, I'm willing to overlook that!

Skids does look very promising [though not accurate to his screen counterpart as the deluxe version], I'll be waiting for a Mudflap remould down the line!

Barricade I'm also eagerly anticipating, if they manage to pull off the angled chest look as well as with 'Bee it'll get the figure of the year award from me!

RID Scourge
2009-07-03, 03:28 AM
Mixmaster He's pretty cool in his three modes, but transforming him is a bit of a pain. Very tight transformation which causes his mixer barrel panels to pop off on a dime, but otherwise a good figure. Plus only one more Constructicon and I'll have all four. Hopefully Long Haul'll be out soon. I'd love to see Scrapper and Hightower as well, but there's been no announcement about it.

Voyager Megatron I really like him. Much cooler than 2007 megs who transformed into a . . . cybertronian . . . thing? It least this one is clearly an armored tank. Simple enough transformation. One gripe would be the mech-alive gimmick that moves the blade as you bend his right elbow, but you can move it yourself easily enough so it's not like it's jammed in one position. I really like both modes.

Catalyst Dragon
2009-07-03, 03:55 AM
Got Scout Class Dirt Boss.

He's a hideous piss yellow color with some copper thrown in. But he's quite simple and fun to transform. Good articulation for a scout, except for the head which dosn't move.

His bio and Alt mode match the Transformers Animated character, but the robot mode is definently movie style.

Overall a decent figure.

Tramp
2009-07-03, 06:48 AM
Mixmaster He's pretty cool in his three modes, but transforming him is a bit of a pain. Very tight transformation which causes his mixer barrel panels to pop off on a dime, but otherwise a good figure. Plus only one more Constructicon and I'll have all four. Hopefully Long Haul'll be out soon. I'd love to see Scrapper and Hightower as well, but there's been no announcement about it.

Voyager Megatron I really like him. Much cooler than 2007 megs who transformed into a . . . cybertronian . . . thing? It least this one is clearly an armored tank. Simple enough transformation. One gripe would be the mech-alive gimmick that moves the blade as you bend his right elbow, but you can move it yourself easily enough so it's not like it's jammed in one position. I really like both modes.

Voyager Megatron is cool. You can also get a pretty cool Cybertronian "jet" mode out of him too. According the the comic and the Movie Universe guide, Megatron's supposed to be a triple changer, and, while not specifically designed to be, you can get that third mode out of the Voyager class figure.

numbat
2009-07-03, 08:17 AM
Voyager Megatron is cool. You can also get a pretty cool Cybertronian "jet" mode out of him too. According the the comic and the Movie Universe guide, Megatron's supposed to be a triple changer, and, while not specifically designed to be, you can get that third mode out of the Voyager class figure.
Aye - he has two tank configurations in the film, but I think it's a stretch to call that a Triple Changer. He has more armour on his terrestrial tank mode, and these plates fold out to make his flat sleek winged tank mode.

Why not even the Leader Class figure can achieve both modes, I will never understand...

Tramp
2009-07-03, 08:50 AM
Aye - he has two tank configurations in the film, but I think it's a stretch to call that a Triple Changer. He has more armour on his terrestrial tank mode, and these plates fold out to make his flat sleek winged tank mode.

Why not even the Leader Class figure can achieve both modes, I will never understand...

What I mean is that you can actually get a full "jet" mode out of the Voyager class figure. There's a couple of different variations on it. I just finished a repaint of him and will be posting it to one of the kitbashing sites I'm on soon, so I can link picks when they're up. In the comic, he actually transforms from him 2007 movie Cybertronian jet mode to his tank mode. the Voyager class Megatron can get a pretty good Cybertronian jet by doing an alternate transformation of the arms and front stabilizer wings.

RID Scourge
2009-07-03, 05:29 PM
What's really funny is that the more I think about it the more he reminds me of Beast Wars Rampage's tank mode because the armor plating is kind of like a crab shell. :up:

numbat
2009-07-03, 09:52 PM
What's really funny is that the more I think about it the more he reminds me of Beast Wars Rampage's tank mode because the armor plating is kind of like a crab shell. :up:
How I loved that toy... Rubber treads that hide away in claws! Brilliant! Alas, my brother seems to have misplaced him shortly after I moved out...

Detective Barricade
2009-07-03, 11:33 PM

Are you trying to suggest a crab battle?;)

Voyager Megs - HOLY **** is this guy awesome! Two (official) great modes, and totally puts all of the first movie Megatrons to shame. And I really, really like that his Mech Alive actually gives him a waist.

Scout Ransack - Neat biplane, creepy little robot. He certainly looks old.

Scout Scalpel - He's a cute little doctor, though I don't think I'd want him working on me. Transformation is simple enough, but it's odd. He's even got removable glasses! (not sure if they're supposed to do that...)

RID Scourge
2009-07-04, 12:45 AM
He's a cute little doctor, though I don't think I'd want him working on me

"Need more parts . . . KEEEEEEL THE LITTLE ONE!"

Yeah. I can't wait to pick him up.

burnitall
2009-07-11, 07:31 PM
Mixmaster is a f***ing mess.
The best thing about leader Megatron is that he can sort of flip people off.
Ravage, he's cool looking, though I have no use for re-entry mode.
Skids and Mudflap are OK now that I know you have to force the roof to get everything in order. For twins, Skids is a goofy looking gremlin, while Mudflap is just plain pig-dog ugly.

Savannahtron
2009-07-11, 10:31 PM
Only picked up the Whirl/Bludgeon repaint pack of ROTF. I think some of the toys look better than the last movie, but am still not super impressed.

Notabot
2009-07-11, 11:13 PM
Dagnabbit! Look what you people've got me doing now. I just bought Demolishor! Now, before you get any crazy ideas, I don't know if I'll actually open him or just use him for sell/trade fodder. He was on clearance at Kmart (why?) for $10. I don't actually have him in hand since it was a friend who called and picked him up for me.

Stupid peer pressure.:nonono:

Edit: Double dagnabbit, I put this in the wrong thread! cf "Newest Acquisitions"

Detective Barricade
2009-07-12, 12:54 AM
I like Mixmaster's alt and robot modes. 'Artillery mode' is undeserving of being called a third mode.

Dead End/Detour's got a creepy little robot mode. A pain to get back into car mode... Anyone tried to fix his chest so that it can fold down completely yet?

numbat
2009-07-12, 10:36 AM
Dagnabbit! Look what you people've got me doing now. I just bought Demolishor! Now, before you get any crazy ideas, I don't know if I'll actually open him or just use him for sell/trade fodder. He was on clearance at Kmart (why?) for $10. I don't actually have him in hand since it was a friend who called and picked him up for me.

Stupid peer pressure.:nonono:

Edit: Double dagnabbit, I put this in the wrong thread! cf "Newest Acquisitions"
Wow! That's an achievement!

:lol:

I hope you enjoy him! He's great fun! Look forward to your opinion!

Notabot
2009-07-12, 05:37 PM
Sure you are, now that it might be the same as yours. :)

Skidmark
2009-07-12, 07:55 PM
I noticed that the Decepticon logo on voyager Megatron's right hip is easily scratchable. I thought: Hey, let's give it some wear and tear like Megs has been in some tough battles. So I ever so slightly grated my finger nail over it and it came out nice.
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2453/dscn3264.jpg

Sunstreaker2
2009-07-12, 09:34 PM
Mixmaster is bitchin'.

numbat
2009-07-13, 06:12 PM
Sure you are, now that it might be the same as yours. :)
I hope you do like him half as much as I do, but you are entitled to whatever opinion you like - that's what keeps things interesting in this world!

:swirly:

And my opinions are not always popular - after all, I do thoroughly enjoy Cybertron Menasor, and am an ardent collector of Legends Class figures!

Notabot
2009-07-23, 08:51 PM
You know why so many ROTFs have no legs? Because Hasbro used the entire joint budget on Mixmaster! My goodness that fellow's got a plethora of movement points! It would be horribly frustrating if it didn't work so well, but as it is, it's awesome. I'm just impressed with how well it goes together without being too horribly fiddly. And he kind of gives off a General Grievous vibe somehow.

Detective Barricade
2009-07-26, 02:34 AM
Soundwave has a ton of joints as well. His satellite mode is kind of neat, though I use the 'space cruiser' mode for the satellite. The trouble is, not much locks in place in this mode so it's hard to tell when you're there.

Demolishor is interesting. He's not as easy as his robot mode suggests he'd be. And he's great next to Rampage and Mixmaster, and soon Long Haul.

Notabot
2009-07-26, 02:46 AM
I just watched the film again last night, and I'm now wondering why Rampage is yellow when he's clearly red in the film. Strange. Maybe red bulldozers seem less menacing and more like Thomas the Tank engine. (Now there's some crossover potential!)

RID Scourge
2009-07-26, 07:45 PM
My guess would be that the movie design team showed Rampage to Hasbro at a point where he was initially yellow, but by the time they changed it to red it was too late to stop the toy production (maybe they had already begun producing the figure). My guess is the premium version will be red.

Picked up Scalpel about a week or two ago. Keep looking at him and thinking "Keeeel the little one!" :lol: I like him. Creepy little bug mad scientist/doctor. :)

Detective Barricade
2009-07-27, 03:33 PM
I think they've got enough molds that there won't be a need for a Premium Series. Rampage's color in the movie was probably to distinguish him from Bumblebee.

RID Scourge
2009-07-27, 04:34 PM
I think they've got enough molds that there won't be a need for a Premium Series. Rampage's color in the movie was probably to distinguish him from Bumblebee.

That didn't stop them from making a premium series in the last movie.

I mean aside from BB haveing a new head was there any difference between most premium figures and their original release aside from paint apps being slightly closer to the movie, but you wouldn't really notice or care as it's 99.9999999999999999999% the same?

Plus it gives them a way to release these core characters again later in the line in case any kid missed out before and really wants that character. That was about the only reason that struck me as not being silly about it.

Blackjack
2009-07-28, 01:39 PM
Ooh, I missed this thread. For my opinions on LoC Grindor, Ransack, Skids, Chromia, Demolishor, Dirt Boss, Rollbar, Detour, Soundwave and Wheelie, read my reviews. Go, scum!

As for the others, here goes...

Rampage: I love him. Due to the fact that he's a Constructicon, he has the cute pogo stick/centaur robot modes, and I love Rampage as a name. The whips are cool, but while the concept was amazing (I particularly loved his movie counterpart) it was poorly executed. For one, the pogo sticking is unstable and needs hand support, and, seriously... if they want to do a pogo stick, do a pogo stick. If they want to do a centaur, do a centaur. Do both, and you get a half-arsed toy. Still, he's cool. 5/10

Scalpel: Scalpel is pretty cute, and I love him. While fragile (those legs, and I'm worried of the antenna snapping off. His mandibles are fragile too. His microscope isn't exactly show-accurate, and there's too much purple. Still, he's a fun toy. 7/10.

LoC Jetfire: A charming little toy, and I'm planning on getting Prime next to complement him. The cockpit kibble is a bit annoying, though. 6/10

Detective Barricade
2009-07-31, 01:50 AM
Well you know what Scalpel has to say about you, Blackjack.;)

Hasbro said they weren't doing a Premium Series this time around, and most of them already have a pretty 'Premium-esque' paint job in vehicle, especially Sideswipe. But you never know!:swirly:

Back on topic, Chromia is... interesting. I'm almost tempted to bet ten bucks that we get the third bike only to find the combining gimmick was abandoned. Although, her cannon arm looks just right to be a weapon arm for a larger figure...

Human Alliance Bumblebee. Short version: everything good you've heard about this figure is TRUE. Sam is surprisingly articulated for a little throw-in, though is a pain in the butt trying to fit in the back in robot mode. Also, he's got the worst case of dull surprise I've ever seen!

Sunstreaker2
2009-07-31, 02:00 AM
Ramjet is surprisingly nice.

If you get a good one, the Movie 1 Starscream mold is very fun.

ganon578
2009-08-14, 12:52 AM
After some time fiddling with Scalpel, I've decided he's.... AWESOME!!! Very unique in both microscope and robot modes. He's got a cool little 'crab' vibe going on in robot mode; creepy claw legs and two little arms for working on things. The alt mode is just different but in a good way, as most everything else transforms into a vehicle of some sort. Plus, I'm a scientist myself, so a microscope is quite cool. Highly recommended to anyone with a spare ~$8 to spend... :up:

Sunstreaker2
2009-08-14, 01:45 AM
Reverb is love.

numbat
2009-09-05, 08:53 AM
Opened up Deluxe Wheelie last night after another mental week at work - he's very well designed, and remarkably tall!

It's amazing how compact he is in RC-truck mode!

The only real niggles are in terms or articulation - the wrists either need to be able to swivel (unlikely given how spindly they are), or the elbow should be on another way. Otherwise, the hands can look peculiar, and the elbow articulation only serves to bash off his legs. Well, to be fair, you can, at least, get him to give you the finger (although fingers works better for him!).

And, it would have been nice to have some sideways motion for the head.

And folding the 'engine' back in to the front of the truck can be fiddly!

Otherwise grand. Quite different, and makes full use of parts!

borg72
2009-09-05, 04:17 PM
Maybe red bulldozers seem less menacing and more like Thomas the Tank engine. (Now there's some crossover potential!)

been done

http://botropolis.com/2009/08/thomas-the-transformer/

I have one. the thing is an epic fail; the epitome of a knock off. yet still somehow... awesome.

Notabot
2009-09-05, 11:29 PM
That's SWEET!

Sunstreaker2
2009-09-06, 09:04 PM
ROTF Long Haul is boss.

MeisterAutobotJazz
2009-09-07, 03:58 AM
I have ROTF: Human Alliance Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Sideways.

Ironhide is a very good figure. I usually have him displayed in robot mode, because the way to store his weapons in vehicle mode is very stupid looking. What you do is combine both of his arm cannons and put it in the bed of the Ford Topkick. I don't do that because he wouldn't be a robot in disguise if he had a big gun in the back of the truck, other than that, his truck mode is very nice but, it comes in this grey-blue color. They only reason I can think they did this was so they could make a black version and then sell that. His robot mode is the best mode of the figure. The bed of the truck becomes the legs, the body is the grill, and bottom part thingy, and the shoulders are the hood. The way the shoulders are is that they are so big if Ironhide had a enemy at 3 o'clock, he wouldn't be able to see them.

Sideways is another good figure, but I have my complaints. His vehicle mode is the Audi R8 and is the best mode of the figure. It's very sleek and nice looking, the only bad part is the Barbie pink window thing. His robot mode is good, but it's like we've seen it before, somewhere..... he has the chicken-leg thing the Decepticons have going in the movies. His feet are the size of your pinky finger nail, but are supported by the rear tires. The grill and hood become the body. The doors become the upper arms, he has no weapon, just a lame buzzsaw thing on his right hand. Oh, and the windows make up "wing" things on his back. Chicken-legs, window wing things, door shoulder things? Where have we seen this? On the 2007 Barricade figure.

Lasty HA Bumblebee. Very good car mode, based on the 2009 production Camaro. The wheels roll nice and the doors open. It comes with a Sam Witwicky figure that fits in the car. The Sam figure has the stupidest expression on his face. The robot mode has tons of gimmicks. His arms are made up of the seats in car mode and Sam can "sit" on his arms. There is also a turret-rocket launcher thing on BB's shoulder that Sam can hold on to. Bumblebee has the battlemask that can be moved up and down, and is very nice looking. He only has one hand, as one his arms shoots a missle. I would have liked to have a placeable hand, but oh well. His legs have nice posability and make the figure very stable.

RID Scourge
2009-09-13, 04:03 AM
I hope you're happy Nevermore.* After you posted those sweet photos of Swerve I couldn't resist picking him up. ;)

Really sexy sports car mode. The robot mode is really cool. I left the blades up like they did in the photos, and I really like the way he looks. He's got a bit of a G1-meets-movieverse vibe going on so he can fit in any number of eras of transformers.

Though he does loose points on durability. I tried to transform him back into car mode, and I accidently did a step at the wrong time. I wasn't using a massive amount of force or anything, but he's got stress marks from it. That made me sad for a few minutes (I mean I wouldn't mind if it happened over time since he expected to have some war wounds, but stress marks right away from minimal force=sad in the pants), but then I transformed him back into robot mode and that made me happy again. :)

*I know I am.

numbat
2009-09-14, 06:23 PM
I've been really busy lately, but Clay sent me through a pile of ROTF figures recently, including:

- Mudflap
- Skids
- Wheelie
- Scalpel
- Mixmaster
- Long Haul

Of these, I've still not got round to Skids, and I've mentioned Wheelie already.

I was very impressed with Mudflap. I love the Trax concept car - it would be my ideal vehicle, offering a perfect balance between a fuel efficient compact and 4x4. The transformation is really cool, and the robot mode superb! I'm also very pleased that you can rearrange the various parts to be more film accurate than displayed in stock photos (Especially the rear kibble!). The only trouble is fitting him back into the car mode, but I've got that down now.

Scalpel is amazingly good fun - like Wheelie, he's just so different! His legs could have been made to have slightly better articulation, but that's a minor gripe. Like Wheelie, he has a much larger presence than you would expect from his size class.

My views of Mixmaster are, erm, mixed. I absolutely love the transformation, and the contrast between the truck and robot modes are immense. I've found myself liking the fact the truck is blocky, while Mixmaster himself is fairly spindly, if heavily armoured. The artillery mode is a nice extra, and more involved than I had expected. However, he is really kibble-tastic - surely the rear wheels could have been put somewhere better, and nothing can hide the fact he has a cab on his ass! Still, I'm very pleased with him - far better than expected. I can't decide if I enjoy him or Long Haul better. Mixmaster is certainly far more inventive, but has certain failings due to this, while Long Haul delivers solidly on a more traditional design, without being spectacular (and his hands are particularly annoying...).

numbat
2009-09-16, 06:39 PM
I have finally gotten round to ROTF Deluxe Skids. I have to say, I far prefer Mudflap. For one thing, balancing Skids is a nightmare! He also has more obvious kibble (particularly on his limbs) - although, admitedly, Mudflap has half a car on his back, while Skids collapses a lot better! It's a bit of a shame Skids front-end doesn't 'explode' out like Mudflap's in transformation.

Still, he's a well designed little figure, and I'm pleased with the attention to detail with the paint apps (and mine does have the gold tooth!).

I have, quite to my surprise, found that the Twins are a highlight of my TF collection!

RID Scourge
2009-10-11, 01:10 AM
Jetfire's robot mode and jet mode look awesome. One gripe is that the transformation is a pain because there are a ton of interlocking panels that tend to pop apart if you don't insert them exactly right. I'm glad I picked him up though.

Blackjack
2009-10-11, 01:41 PM
Opened the Fallen today, and surprisingly, I loved him. He could do with more articulation (the head should be able to come off, more to the point. The detailing is impressive, and I like the paintjob. The hands are too thin, and he needs a staff. The legs-on-springs are annoying. The jet mode's not too bad, but nothing you'll miss. An Action Master Elite, and he manages to look badass. Overall, 8/10.

Paul053
2009-10-13, 02:33 PM
Opened Leader Jetfire yesterday. He is a huge mess. Fun and frustrating both. Transformation isn't difficult (if there is any transformation, all the robot parts are underneath) but putting the panels into the right place took me some time. Why do I need him, oh yeah, the Jetpower Optimus Prime.

Speaking about the red Rampage, I think he will be out soon. At least, in Japan.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-transformers-rotf-constructicons-repaint/17131/

numbat
2009-10-14, 07:26 PM
Speaking about the red Rampage, I think he will be out soon. At least, in Japan.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-transformers-rotf-constructicons-repaint/17131/
:clap:

Yay! I'll try my best to pick both of those up (if available at a roughly affordable price!).

Detective Barricade
2009-10-21, 12:20 AM
Arcee is... well... weird. Extremely stable due to the stand, and a nice vehicle mode, but the robot is weird.

Depthcharge is an interesting and fun little boat. Can't say I care for the official battle mode for this guy, though.

Dirt Boss is a scrappy little forklift! I like the idea of fork blades, but he could have really used something to lock his head and shoulders in place for robot mode...

Rollbar, on the other hand emphasizes what a good Scout is! A neat little vehicle and a quick and easy transformation you don't have to think too hard to do.

Mudflap is pretty much like his brother, except even uglier. (I bet you didn't think that was possible) I like him, but it's a pity the translucent plastic is too dark to work for his light piping.

Ravage is best left in his kitty mode. The 'Reentry Mode' (if you wanna call it that) is solid, but is little more than his kitty mode sort of rolled up into a ball.

Jetfire has a phenomenal SR-71 mode... from the top. The good news is he's not quite as simple as Universe Silverbolt. And the power up mode for Prime looks great from the front.

Knightdramon
2009-10-23, 11:32 AM
Got two packages today, one from Clay and the other from E-bay.

Clay's Fallen is just what I'd expected-a fun, angular poseable figure that looks as if it transforms. Nice size and excellent poseability, the spring-loaded feet are a sure improvement over 07 Leader Megatron but still fail to do the job. Need to find a set of instructions so I can pop out all the red aura panels, I can't figure out how to do it for the ones on his forearms.

From e-bay I got the last two HA figures I needed to complete my set, Sideswipe and Skids.

Sideswipe has a KILLER alt mode that locks together surprisingly well, considering how it's taken apart for robot mode. Robot mode looks spectacular, the arms are a little weird coming out of the shoulder like that unless he's posed, but as for the lower half...

WORST TRANSFORMER EVER.

The wheels for feet looks very nice and awesome but just don't work for a poseable figure. The rubber pistons always pulled his very poseable legs back to default position, so I made some nice CUTS to remedy that...then I found out he's got loose joints. I stiffened all the affected joints with glue and he still can't stand because of those wheel feet that should have just one more "heel" part. Seriously, I can't have him standing in ANY position so I just reverted him back to vehicle until I figure out how to further mod him.

HA Skids, in contrast, is probably one of the best transformers I own. Actually reminiscent of BT Skids in how his whole car top compresses down, he's got it all-very sturdy joints, extremely poseable feet and ankles, poseable waist...you name it. He's also just the perfect size, a tad taller than a deluxe but as bulky as some voyagers. Paint apps are phenomenal, really really great figure. Both he and Sideswipe honestly make BB look outdated!

The horror that is HA Arcee is on par with sideswipe in that she can't stand on her own. Will probably get the deluxe versions of the bikes so it doesn't really matter to me...

secretcode
2009-10-23, 01:31 PM
Need to find a set of instructions so I can pop out all the red aura panels, I can't figure out how to do it for the ones on his forearms.

You can't.

Detective Barricade
2009-10-23, 02:14 PM
The horror that is HA Arcee is on par with sideswipe in that she can't stand on her own. Will probably get the deluxe versions of the bikes so it doesn't really matter to me...
Funnily enough, HA Arcee uses Chromia's robot mode design, and probably vice-versa.

Heinrad
2009-10-24, 05:21 PM
Finally found RotF Legends Jetfire, and I have to say, the little guy is really neat. I might have to swap his arms around, so he can hold his cane in his right hand. But since I mainly got him so I could do the "Prime with Jetfire bits" figure, there is one thing I really like about it. The nose of the SR-71 acts as a brace so Prime doesn't topple over backwards.

RID Scourge
2009-11-03, 05:57 PM
My boss gave me Dirtboss. He's a nifty little guy. I never would have picked him up myself, but I totally would've missed out. Looks like he's the surprize hit from this line. :)

Sunstreaker2
2010-01-09, 05:12 AM
Arcee's actually kind of fun.

The snake spine lets you do some great "rollin' along beheadin' 'Cons" poses if you know how the joints work.

Cliffjumper
2010-01-11, 03:38 PM
A few arrivals today.

Legends/EZ Wheelie - pretty much exactly what I wanted. Small, zippy, fairly accurate, looks good next to most of my other figures.

Voyager The Fallen - looks pretty good in robot mode, taller than I expected. Not even tried to transform him yet, not all that sure I'm going to bother beyond curiosity.

1st film Scorponok - barely a Transformer, but again does what I want it to do, and at least the lame robot mode doesn't bugger up the scorpion mode. Love the rotating claws

1st film Swindle - not bad, actually, especially if you do the sensible thing and just accept it as a drone. Very weird looking, but good fodder.

1st film Premium blackout - very nice looking, though I'm completely unable to work out whether he's actually more film accurate as I can't seem to tell what colour Blackout actually is in the film. Normal one is probably getting relegated to Grindor, though.

Detective Barricade
2010-01-11, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty certain Blackout wasn't as dark a blue in the movie as his Premium toy. The rotor's colors may be more accurate on the Premium than the original, and of course the 4500X on the tail. The Scorponok is definitely more accurate on the Premium. Maybe do some part-swapping if it helps...*shrugs*

It's ironic how some, if not most, of the Premium versions manage to **** up the vehicle mode deco just to make it look different than the original...:|

But, what do I know?

Cliffjumper
2010-01-11, 05:49 PM
Yeh, the Premium seems a bit too influenced by everyone equating Blackout with Soundwave. He looks better in the darker colours IMO - what we really need is a flatter, greyer one, neither of the decos are quite there in terms of accuracy. Good thing I quite like the mould (despite its' shortness).

Having transformed The Fallen, he's actually kinda awesome. I can see why he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's nice and flexible and displays well with other toys. I can buy the alt mode to be honest - similar sort of thing to Megatron's from the first film. Those feet are cool too.

Also had Ransack turn up in the past hour, having accidentally been delivered next door. Fair play to all those who hyped him, he's a great little figure - different and charming without being stupid. Great alt mode, very fitting robot mode - he looks very old and old-fashioned. He'd have looked superb on-screen.

Sunstreaker2
2010-01-15, 12:56 AM
Bludgeon is as glorious as he seems.

Cliffjumper
2010-01-18, 03:34 PM
Got Ravage and Dart (who was basically free - job lot win for less than Ravage's RRP FTW). Not transformed Ravage, but he's actually pretty good in cat mode (i.e. the one mode anyone gives a shit about). Dart's pretty lousy, being a Scout - clashing colours, buts that fall off, the half-wheels. Rubbish!

Cliffjumper
2010-02-27, 01:39 PM
Got ROTF Leader Megatron... he's not bad, actually. Gambled on a cheapo one off ebay missing the missile on the grounds that all the projectiles for my ROTF toys are in a tub unused because they don't look good on the toys, and glad I did. Like the first Megatron, he's not bad, but I'm glad I didn't stump up the RRP. Love the soundchip, and the way his arm just falls off.

Clay
2010-02-27, 04:22 PM
Got Ravage and Dart (who was basically free - job lot win for less than Ravage's RRP FTW). Not transformed Ravage, but he's actually pretty good in cat mode (i.e. the one mode anyone gives a shit about). Dart's pretty lousy, being a Scout - clashing colours, buts that fall off, the half-wheels. Rubbish!

Dart?

Cliffjumper
2010-02-27, 04:56 PM
Sorry, Reverb. Colour scheme is lifted straight from this chap (http://counter-x.net/gobots/reviews/series3/dart.html) - who amazingly is only a slightly worse toy considering he's about 20 years older. Both, however, are crap and should be avoided.

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-03-26, 09:23 PM
my infiltration soundwave just got crushed by a heavy book by accident complete with comedy pose. hes ok though.

also i ve just been playing with my 'target exclusive' fallen hes pretty cool ive been flying him around the room.

Savannahtron
2010-03-26, 11:42 PM
Well..that is kind of funny. The Soundwave toy was the first ROTF toy I bought. Really the worst ROTF toy I own. Well, hrm..let me think, yeap, he is rather dysfunctional. I wish he had more of role in the movie than the Stalkertron....

Anyway (notice how I like to add tron to most words to make it a robot, then lead into anyway...)

There are quite a few ROTF toys that I like including Bumblebee (HA) and Barricade (HA) as well as Prime and Devy (chibi sized) but for all the trash people talk about the large version, I still likes it.