PDA

View Full Version : Soul of Chogokin Daimos

Cliffjumper
2009-07-09, 01:25 PM
Just arrived in my hands. Too many accessories. Overload. I have no idea where to start :(

Cliffjumper
2009-07-09, 10:32 PM
Mmmm, I seriously love this figure... The transformation is a lot neater than you'd think - it took me a couple of tries to get the chest and the arm storage spot on, but I got there, and there's some seriously innovative stuff in here, especially the legs. I love the way they've kept some of the back kibble without making it a problem too. Even the cheat with the head and the Transer cab is nicely done. He's not the moxt flexible SoC, but there's enough going on for this to not be a problem. There's got to be something like thirty accessories with this chap, and best of all they all work. Awesome stuff.

Sunstreaker2
2009-07-09, 11:41 PM
Do you have Godmars?

I like Godmars.

Cliffjumper
2009-07-09, 11:45 PM
Got the original (well, sort of (http://counter-x.net/godaikin/god_marz/index.html)), and seriously want to SoC because it looks beautiful and I'm really enjoying the cartoon... Unfortunately, I just can't afford to spend ~ GPB£200 on a single figure...

Sunstreaker2
2009-07-10, 12:14 AM
But it's 6 figures!

That stupid Ideon is one figure, and probably didn't cost any less.

Knightdramon
2009-07-10, 02:15 AM
All three figures mentioned in this thread are made of win, seriously.

Daimos is extremely awesome-for some reason, I always invisioned MP Rodimus Prime, whenever made, to use a similar transformation for the legs\trailer of the truck. He is, however, a tad short and at full asking price I'd feel a bit cheated. He's on clearance almost everywhere at the moment.

Clay
2009-07-10, 06:40 PM
This thing? (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN11768&mode=retail)

Cliffjumper
2009-07-10, 06:55 PM
Mmm, that's the one. Christ, BBTS are taking the piss on the price there... It's 25% cheaper on HLJ, which is still about 10% more than I paid for mine from ebay.

But yeh, he's a really neat guy. At first he seemed a lot smaller than Combattler or Voltes, but standing them side-by-side he's actually only a head shorter. Only problem is him and Voltes sure make Combattler look primitive...

I think Ideon was only about GBP £100, an amount I've only spent on one other figure (the DX Dairugger) - it's got to be something really, really special for me to break into three figures, let alone twice that. I keep getting tempted by the CMs Baldios (http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65229), but it seems to be stupidly expensive for something rather small.

Clay
2009-07-11, 12:12 AM
Mmm, that's the one. Christ, BBTS are taking the piss on the price there... It's 25% cheaper on HLJ, which is still about 10% more than I paid for mine from ebay.

Yeah, but for most of BBTS's customers, it'll end up the same price. Figure at $10 + $30 trans-Pacific shipping is the same as figure for $30 + $10 domestic shipping.

If you're outside of North America, HLJ would be the better bet, yeah.

Zisteau
2009-07-11, 12:51 AM
I like the design on that guy, he has a satisfying amount of alien Japanese-ness to it, with the colors and samurai robot look. I really like the way they fold the train vehicle mode whatever casing down into the calf of the robot instead of just having kibble hanging off him or some lame 'action base' or something.

The train thing itself actually looks like the calf of a larger gestalt.