PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A GENERIC ACTION FIGURE!

Cliffjumper
2009-07-15, 07:51 PM
No, not a Transformer, behave. I'm after something about 10" tall, as generic as possible, but fairly dynamic - a bit like those wooden ergonomics dollies, but a bit more robotic, and preferably with limbs that can pop off. And cheap - any ideas?

Zeeks
2009-07-15, 08:02 PM
Given the small pond between us, I'm not sure how retail differs on your side, but there has been an influx of Sigma 6 Joes around Massachusetts for a while now; generally on discount as well. There are also the cheap knock offs of Joes which I believe are called "The Corps" or something to that effect. Anywho, the taller Sigma 6 guys might be what you are looking for. I picked up a CC last year; and the last I checked, TRU still had them discounted in abundance.

Cliffjumper
2009-07-15, 08:05 PM
Cool... not sure Joe itself gets much shelf-space over here, but we do get The Corps and similar in a few places... If there's a Viper Trooper style one I can spraypaint black without losing the joints... Cheers.

Civ
2009-07-15, 08:16 PM
How about a 10" tall Iron Man figure?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Action%20Figures:4494-Action%20Figure%20Size=10%20Inches:4507-Character=Iron%20Man

Cliffjumper
2009-07-15, 08:26 PM
Shame they didn't do a War Machine... I'm after something fairly dull - I could do with something for my SoCs and the like to beat up on in pictures that won't attract much attention, or clash with the figure itself...

Denyer
2009-07-16, 06:23 AM
Ken of Barbie and Ken fame? Or similar? Would probably have the desired visual effect.

Halfshell
2009-07-16, 08:27 AM
How tall are Marvel Legends? You can pick the rubbishier characters from that line up for about a fiver, iirc. Though might be trickier to source since Woolies went kersplat.

Though my brain tells me I might want to look and see what exactly the reborn online store who bought the name sells.

I remember seeing an HM Armed Forces range of what looked to be fairly poseable figures in Tesco the last time I was in... can't remember the price or exact size, though. Dalek probably knows.

Knightdramon
2009-07-17, 01:56 PM
You can opt for Hot Toys true type bodies [1/6th scale, about 12 inches tall], they're as generic as you can get and extremely poseable.

Trouble is, except for the wrists\head\feet, I doubt you'll be able to re-attach any other limbs...