PDA

View Full Version : Transformers ROTF Game Add-on Pack Announced [Update on page 2]

Skidmark
2009-07-16, 02:49 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-rotf-game-addon-pack-announced/16499/

Originally quoted at Seibertron.com
Click here (http://kotaku.com/5315069/transformer-dlc-brings-characters-maps-and-m) to read the original posting.

A downloadable expansion pack is in the works for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen which will include ten new characters, three new maps and a new difficulty mode, Activision announced this morning.

The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 pack, which is being developed by Luxoflux, hasn't yet been priced.

Here's the full break down:

More than ten new multiplayer characters including ultimate fan favorites such as G1 Starscream and movie favorites like Sideswipe.

Three new multiplayer maps.

Play new characters in both the Autobot and Decepticon single player campaigns.

New Expert difficulty mode with a fresh set of leaderboards to challenge more experienced gamers in the single-player campaigns.

New Achievements and Trophies to earn.

I'm so happy you can finally play Sideswipe and G1 Starscream. but can't pc users get a little love.

Blackjack
2009-07-17, 08:39 AM
Cool! But I don't have an XBOX or a PS3... only PC and Wii. Sucks to be me.

The Wild One
2009-07-17, 09:57 AM
I might have to pick this game up for the PS3 then.

Clogs
2009-07-17, 01:42 PM
Nice idea, but no use to use of us with a PS2... dammit.

Slayer-Fan123
2009-07-17, 03:22 PM
Crap, I only have a Wii. It's not fair!

HeavyArms
2009-07-18, 03:43 AM
Good thing I got the 360 wi-fied up recently.
However, I've got a feeling we'll be paying a stupid amount for this.

Blackjack
2009-07-18, 03:58 AM
Crap, I only have a Wii. It's not fair!

Ditto!

It's not fair! Nintendo never get the good ones...

Xeno-the-Hedgehog
2009-07-19, 03:56 AM
Speaking of the Wii, Can someone please tell me where to find one of the models from the gallery (page 4, bottom row, second from the left)?

And how do I play as the remote weapons system?

Skidmark
2009-08-01, 03:06 AM
It has been announced (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-rotf-game-expansion-g1-optimus-and-soundwave/16649/) that G1 Optimus and ROTF Soundwave are playable characters in the DLC

HeavyArms
2009-08-01, 04:04 AM
Here's hoping they do not do G1 Optimus Prime like they did in the first movie game.

As in don't have him firing two guns even though he only ever had one.

And maybe they can add some new missions, like G1 Optimus verses Movie Prime, Sideswipe verses Sideways and G1 Starscream verses Movies Starscream.

And Soundwave special ability could be deploying Ravage who attacks the nearest enemy.

And really need to get around to playing the game.

Skidmark
2009-08-01, 04:07 PM
Here's hoping they do not do G1 Optimus Prime like they did in the first movie game.

As in don't have him firing two guns even though he only ever had one.

All of the rotf game characters fire with one arm so that problem is solved fortunately.

BlacknRedTed
2009-08-05, 06:03 PM
All of the rotf game characters fire with one arm so that problem is solved fortunately.

I thought regular optimus prime in this game shoots guns with both arms, and supermode optimus only uses one arm ?

I am glad that soundwave will be in it, and I cant wait to see who else.

HeavyArms
2009-08-08, 05:19 AM
For those of you who played the first movie game with G1 Megatron, was his transformation his gun mode in mid air, or was it jst his robot mode flying around?

When I was playing it, I just could never tell.

Skidmark
2009-08-08, 05:22 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-rotf-game-expansion-jazz-and-g1-megatron/16700/

07 Movie Jazz and G1 megatron have been added to the DLC. No official images yet.

miked23
2009-08-09, 03:25 AM
That is sick that they added G1 Megatron.

I was not sure if I was going to buy this add on but now that I know that G1 Optimus and Megatron are in it I will have to get this for sure.

Has there been any mention of how much it will cost ?

Daltimus Prime
2009-08-09, 04:24 AM
Speaking of the Wii, Can someone please tell me where to find one of the models from the gallery (page 4, bottom row, second from the left)?

And how do I play as the remote weapons system?

Only a 2nd co-op player can be the RWS. Look at me, I'm using in-game acronyms.

G14ever
2009-08-12, 05:14 PM
alright we now have from G1- Megatron, Optimus Prime, and starscream
Movie- sideswipe and soundwave

we still have 2 more g1 transformers, and 3 more moive transformers

here's hoping for G1 ratchet and G1 grimlock

and here's hoping for movie jetfire, movie bonecrusher, and movie brawl!

borg72
2009-08-12, 10:25 PM
having a really hard time finding a pc demo... is there one?

HeavyArms
2009-08-15, 05:13 AM
This may be the second dlc pack I get for any game, with the first being the 'Heroes and Villains' character pack I got for Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
Aslo, do we know when this is to be released? I'm guessing a November/ December release.

miked23
2009-08-15, 07:07 PM
Aslo, do we know when this is to be released? I'm guessing a November/ December release.

I Heard that it is supposed to be released some time in August.

Sir Auros
2009-08-20, 01:05 AM
Sorry, I only have time right now to do a copy/paste of the press release.

With the launch of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Character and Map Pack Plus DLC pack right around the corner, we wanted to share with you the full details of Luxoflux’s exciting new content. Set for release on August 27, 2009 for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and $9.99 in the PlayStation Store for PS3, the pack contains eight brand-new playable characters and three new character skins, most of which are usable in both the single-player campaign and multiplayer. There are also three new multiplayer maps, a new “Expert” difficultly level for the single-player campaign and additional support for Xbox 360 Achievements and PLAYSTATION 3 Trophies.

New Characters:

* Generation One Optimus Prime
* Generation One Megatron
* Generation One Starscream
* Generation One Sunstorm
* Soundwave
* Sideswipe
* Jazz
* Jetfire (multiplayer only)

New Skins

* Generation One colors Ratchet
* Generation One colors Sideswipe
* Stealth Colors Bumblebee

New Maps:

* Courtyard – set in the U.S. east coast, pitting players directly in a central action area flanked by open skies and tall skyscrapers
* Hillside – takes players to the urban backdrop of Cairo, where players will fight in the war-torn streets and alleyways of a ruined cityscape
* Sandstorm – transports players to yet another section of Cairo, populated with low buildings and wide-open regions perfect for instantaneous, frenetic action

The price is reasonable for the content, but I worry that the install base and interest level at this point may not support it well. I wish them luck though, because I thought the game turned out VERY well. (http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/oth_rotfgame.php)

HeavyArms
2009-08-22, 05:10 AM
I'm surprised it's coming out so quickly, however, I'll probably hold off until I have some change from buying Perfect Dark when that comes out at the end of the year.

Skidmark
2009-08-25, 07:07 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-dlc-transformers-revenge/54782

Best trailer out of all of the ROTF trailers in my POV. Really awesome and fast paced. Captures the G1 feel really well. Best of all, G1 starscream's special attack is firing megatron in gun mode. Yay!

I'm still frustrated that it won't come out for PC

Cliffjumper
2009-08-28, 08:53 PM
If you have X-Box Live, you can play Megan Fox tomorrow: -

http://collectiondx.com/news_item/08262009/megan_fox_challenges_players_on_xbox_live_on_august_29

I think. I don't really understand this stuff...

martyboy70
2009-08-28, 10:31 PM
Shes going to be really rubbish and get pwned by teh fanboys innit.
But at least they can remove two words from their Twitter:
Today I beat off to Megan Fox
to:
Today I beat Megan Fox

BlacknRedTed
2009-08-28, 10:38 PM
I like the trailer, and I like the G1 additions, but I feel like they are trying to hard to get G1'ers to like the new transformers. They could have easily added in more characters from the movie, but they go back and add in G1 character which it is cool, but I want to play wit more of the movie bots.

martyboy70
2009-08-28, 10:39 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-dlc-transformers-revenge/54782

Best trailer out of all of the ROTF trailers in my POV. Really awesome and fast paced. Captures the G1 feel really well. Best of all, G1 starscream's special attack is firing megatron in gun mode. Yay!

I'm still frustrated that it won't come out for PC

Moves so fast you cant keep up,random bots you can only identify by hitting the pause button,SHOUTY SOUNDBITE DIALOGUE,random gunfire and explosions that make no sense????
Its the battle from Mission City all over again.
Bay would be proud.

miked23
2009-08-29, 12:11 AM
I was on the Transformers ROTF game forums the other day and I saw rumors that there are supposed to be two more DLC packs on the way.

Like I said though these are rumors on the forum and not official yet so take what I just said with a grain of salt.

Also the the current stuff that is out is pretty sweet. The new maps are much cooler than the ones that shipped with the game. And the new character are a nice addition. The only thing I would have liked to see more G1 style Autobots and more actual new characters instead of G1 style paint schemes.

HeavyArms
2009-08-29, 03:47 AM
Probably been mentioned, but the add-on content has been released on the UK and US Playstation Network for I think $12 and $10 dollars respectively.
Currently haven't checked for 360's Marketplace yet.