PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Being Recast??

CounterPunch
2009-07-19, 08:33 AM
So,

I'm sure that by now a lot of you are aware that Futurama will be returning for a new season, well, unfortunately some potentially bad news has cropped up.

Futurama being recast? Several outlets, including EW.com, are reporting that apparently 20th Century Fox, who produce the series, are currently auditioning actors to take over all of the major roles on the series, replacing Billy West ("Fry", "Hubert J. Farnsworth", "Zoidberg"), Katey Sagal ("Leela"), John DiMaggio ("Bender"), Maurice LaMarche ("Kif Kroker"), and Tress MacNeille ("Mom").

See -
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1004973p1.html - For more.

What's the general opinion with you guys? Is it posturing by Fox/The Actors to try and force the other side in to accepting the salary, or do you believe this is something that will actually happen.

Denyer
2009-07-19, 10:22 AM
Both.

inflatable dalek
2009-07-19, 10:52 AM
They auditioned new actors for The Simpsons when they had that big pay argument (Neil "RID Prime" Koplan would have been Krusty) but eventually came to terms, so the originals may well be back.

AndyTurnbull
2009-07-20, 12:32 PM
I'm hopeful that it gets resolved, but the show has a budget and unless the actors accept it chances are they will be recast.

Andy

Neuronutter
2009-07-22, 08:56 AM
Not sure I see the point in resurrecting something as great as Futurama then recasting it and cutting the budget dramatically. I doubt the new season will feel anything like the old ones so there's no point in bringing it back. It'd be better to leave it alone and let it rest in peace as a great show that was cancelled before it's time.

If they don't go the route of family guy and bring the show back as it was then there's little point. I love Futurama, but I don't want it back at the cost of everything that I liked about it.

HeavyArms
2009-07-25, 05:41 AM
It's probably posturing by the actors for more money, but I would hate if it backfires on them and new actors are hired instead.

CounterPunch
2009-07-31, 10:53 PM
UPDATE -

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1009858p1.html

Selkadoom
2009-08-06, 04:26 PM
Yay I love futurama's original cast