PDA

View Full Version : Gundam F91

Cliffjumper
2009-08-26, 03:51 PM
Am I seriously meant to give a shit about anyone in this? Who are these people? Why are these people? What's the point in this thing, what reason does it have for existing?

Cliffjumper
2009-08-26, 08:00 PM
G-Saviour, on the other hand, is just strange... The idea of Gundam as live action is just so weird...

Knightdramon
2009-08-26, 09:33 PM
F91 seems poorly executed because it was originally meant to be a 51-episode series that somehow crammed the first arc in the movie and all subsequent stories were made into manga instead.

I did enjoy the movie quite a bit [those killer haros, if I recall...were perfect], the mobile suits were top-notch as even the worst grunt suit had its moments, the F91 Gundam still remains one of my favourites, the final battle was neat and well...everything else wasn't.

The cast is pretty much forgettable [I only remember Seabook and that grunt with that awesome grunt unit that helped him out] and isn't fleshed out until later in the manga.

It does give way, though, to the acclaimed Crossbone Gundams [everybody LOVES them, I think they're overrated].

Cliffjumper
2009-08-30, 07:09 PM
Hmm, that it's a compressed series doesn't surprise me... It really does try to introduce a lot. It felt like it was borrowing a lot from Zeta, though. Wasn't mad on the F91, but I liked the transforming Guntank - that thing's awesome.

Finally started on ZZ today, actually - quite enjoyed the first three, as with Turn A it's nice to have a lead who isn't too much of a whiny bitch, plus it's fun to see the likes of Torres and Astronage get to do a bit, what with most of the others getting killed off at the end of Zeta. Shame about Shinta and Kootz or whatever they're called, though... It's also great fun that Judau is crap at flying the Z-Gundam too.

Sunstreaker2
2009-08-30, 10:54 PM
Judau is awesome.

The first ever non-whiny Gundam protagonist!