PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Be All My Sins Remembered (Stanix)

Warcry
2009-10-13, 04:18 AM
With Gigatron's defeat all-but-inevitable and Megatron's return to absolute power an almost unthinkable outcome, a small band of Decepticons led by Cyclonus have made the dangerous journey into the radioactive heart of Stanix, the ancient citadel of Fort Scyk. They came expecting to face death to recover the corpse of an old comrade and leader...but what they found was something far, far more disturbing than any of them could have predicted.

"Hell is not a place, it's a state of mind and body; hell is obsession with a voice, a face, a name." -- Susan Kay

Warcry
2009-10-13, 05:01 AM
"You were given a chance to die peacefully," Galvatron's voice echoed through Megadeath's brain. "You were even give a chance at life, a real life rather than this mockery that you've embraced, and Unicron knows you didn't deserve that. You're the one who chose to play rough. But me?"

Galvatron cackled, the sound of someone who was only clinging to sanity by the thinnest of margins, and not only knew it, but relished it.

"I like to play rough."

Fort Scyk

Inside the body that they shared, the body that had once been Galvatron's alone, an old, battle-damaged laser core started to spin, and electricity began to flow through a brain module that had been dormant for years.

Cyclonus slowly made his way up to his knees, his senses blurred by Megadeath's vicious assault. It took a few seconds before he could focus on his foe, but when he did, he liked what he saw.

Megadeath was writhing, clasping his head as if he wanted to reach inside and tear out something that had crawled in there...or something that had always been there, but only just awakened. He cried out, then answered himself.

But the answer didn't come in Megadeath's voice. It came in a deeper, darker, more dangerous voice that Cyclonus knew better than his own.

"You can't win, Megadeath. No one, absolutely no one, enslaves Galvatron. Greater forces than you have tried and been rewarded with death."

Galvatron's voice grew frigid, as if he was exhaling liquid nitrogen.

"Surrender. Give in now, before my systems are fully reactivated and I've wrested control of this body from you. Do it, and your death will be quick and painless. Resist and face torture the likes of which you've never imagined."

(OOC: Yeah, Skullcruncher is still a Headmaster)

After converting to gator mode, Skullcrucher had started trying to chew his way out from under the pile of mutants that had him pinned. It was proving to be a tasty if not entirely efficient strategy so far.

Blackjack
2009-10-13, 11:07 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage, hideously scarred and mutilated, did only what any sane mech in his position would do. Namely, go insane and ignore what common sense is telling him to do.

So the Insecticon kept on hacking and shooting (with his hip machineguns), moving closer to Skullcruncher and began stabbing the mutants harassing his comrade.

Chip1123
2009-10-13, 12:53 PM
Roadblock saw the mutant about to swing the mace and knew he had few options. He charged his opponent, taking the mace on the shoulder, but his momentum was enough to close the gap, and he barreled into his opponent, tackling him to the ground and began to try to blundgeon his attacker.

zigzagger
2009-10-14, 04:52 AM
Fort Scyk

"...hrkkkkkk...Your threat means nothing...argh...Remember, my being..the very essence that gives us both life, is also infused with the Matrix," Megadeath defiantly told Galvatron as his body went into angry spasms. "Remove it? Suit yourself...ungh...We shall die together, and take your precious bauble with it. Suppress me? Perhaps, but for how long? I will, AHHH, always be there...Haunting your every thought....controlling your actions at random..."

Megadeath forced Galvatron's head to turn and face Cyclonus.

"Let's test that theory, hmm?" he added with a sadistic grin.

He aimed the cannon mounted on his body's arm and fired.

----

Foyer

A mutant screamed in oil-curdling anguish as Skullcrucher chewed it up alive with his large jaws.

Though this did not stop the remaining mutants piling over the Headmaster to come to their comrade's aid, Barrage soon put a stop to it, causing a shower of foul fluids to spray over both Decepticons as the Insecticon stabbed the mutants left and right.

Meanwhile, Roadblock was giving his attacker the pummeling of his life, punching chunks of greasy, corroded metal off the mutant's chest until it moved no more.

Flywheels managed to push off his two attackers, only for them to stand back up and claw at the Duocon. Squawktalk fared better, however, causing the mutants he shot at from above to burst into flame and run frantically around the room.

(OOC: Add "Wilhelm Scream" where needed.)

optimusskids
2009-10-14, 11:34 AM
Fort Scyk

Flywheels separated into his 2 halves as the mutants clawings loosened his catch.

The tank transformed where as the jet half flopped about upside down."

Squawktalk amazed at the efficacy of his weapons was shocked into silence.

He went in for another strafing run.

Blackjack
2009-10-14, 11:38 AM
Fort Scyk

"Zombieeeees! Get off them!" Barrage screeched, still stabbing left and right with his spear. "Venom! Where are you? Dead? Alive?" the Insecticon called out for his unit leader suddenly.

Chip1123
2009-10-14, 03:46 PM
Roadblock kept pummeling the mutant for a few moments after he had stopped moving, lost in a battle rage that did not allow rational thought. He finally realized the mutant below was dead, and proceeded to get back to his feet, a little woozy.

optimusskids
2009-10-14, 04:25 PM
Venom crawled out from under a partly dissolved mutant.

"Yes."

Warcry
2009-10-15, 04:31 AM
Fort Scyk

Galvatron managed...something. It wasn't much, but the slightest twitch of his arm sent Megadeath's shot off-target, blasting a hole in the ceiling instead of Cyclonus.

"As always, you understand nothing," Galvatron spat. "A small-minded tyrant with no idea of the forces he's toying with. You think you're alive? Hardly. You're a freak, but you've been a freak for so long that he can't even remember what life even means. But I do, and this isn't it. We're dead, Megadeath. You and I both. The difference is that I won't sacrifice my race's greatest symbol of power to prolong this horrid unlife."

He smiled, an expression made grotesque by Megadeath's shared control over their motor functions as he forced their body to take a step toward his former lieutenant.

"Cyclonus, old friend...get up!"

"M...mighty Galvatron?" A still-dazed Cyclonus looked up hazily at him.

"Listen very carefully, Cyclonus," Galvatron said. "I want you to get on your feet, pick up your gun and end this mockery of life right now."

"But...but my liege, surely there must be some way-" Cyclonus somehow managed to stand and hold both of his weapons, but they still pointed toward the floor.

"Dammit, Cyclonus, you idiot!" Galvatron almost hit him in the face, but held back because he wasn't sure yet that he would be able to do it with enough force to be sufficiently terrifying. "This is no time to start thinking for yourself! Kill me now and take the Matrix...before...he...comes back..."

Hearing the seriousness in his master's voice, Cyclonus steeled himself. Then, slowly, he raised his weapons...

Skullcruncher shook himself off, sending mutant parts and assorted viscous liquids spraying off in every conceivable direction.

Blackjack
2009-10-15, 10:09 AM
Fort Scyk

"Ah, there you! Thought you dead, boss." the rad-affected Barrage mumbled as Venom showed up. "Zombies refusing to die properly."

zigzagger
2009-10-15, 06:54 PM
Fort Scyk

"NO! Nnnragh! Release me fool!" Megadeath yelled, wresting control from Galvatron once more.

Megadeath's rage filled the entire being of his stolen body, if only momentarily proving to be the more influential of the halves. He ran at Cyclonus, arms extended as he reached for the Decepticon's raised weapons.

"You will NOT interfere!"

-----

Foyer

It was becoming apparent that the battle had turned in Decepticon's favor, as piles of the eviscerated metallic bodies continued to fill the foyer. Over the course of the battle, the mutant's numbers had dropped considerably. Only a dozen or more remained.

The number dropped further when Squawktalk strafed by a second time. Flywheels, though, still was suffering from technical difficulties, which his attackers exploited by leaping onto him and yanking at the overturned jet's wings.

Warcry
2009-10-17, 04:52 AM
Fort Scyk

Megadeath's grappling arms kept Cyclonus from bringing his weapons into line. The Targetmaster struggled, but not with his full strength -- he still couldn't bring himself to strike out against his master, not like this. Anyone who was watching could see that his spark wasn't in it.

Galvatron must have noticed, because he managed to take control of his body's vocal processors long enough to bark, "You disappoint me, Cyclonus. I don't know why it even surprises me anymore, because that's all you've ever been. A disappointment, an embarrassment and a disgrace to the Decepticon Army. And now a coward, too squeamish to fulfil his master's last wish. It's a shame Scourge wasn't chosen. He might have been able to get the job done!"

"Shut up!" Cyclonus barked, trying now to twist his weapons away from Megadeath with his full strength.

"Good old, reliable Cyclonus," Galvatron continued. "All words and no action. Unless you count grovelling as an action, of course."

"Shut! Up!"

"At least Starscream had ambition, had a bit of fire in his belly. But you! I could have gotten the same blind loyalty and constant, slavering agreement out of a diagnostic drone!"

"Rah!" Cyclonus lunged forward, aiming a horns-first headbutt at his former leader's head.

Galvatron managed to seize control of their shared motor functions for long enough to make sure that the blow landed, tearing away the right half of his 'crown', along with a fair chunk of his radiation-weaked facial structure. He felt himself fall backwards, his tenuous control beginning to slip away as he landed flat on his back. Cyclonus dove on top, pistol-whipped him and started to scream.

"No, 'Mighty' Galvatron! You were the useless one! Your madness nearly drove our people to extinction twice over! And this...this creature you've become will do the same if I let it." He hit Galvatron again, this time with a closed fist to the jaw. "So I will kill you, Galvatron, but not because you told me to. You are a poison to the Decepticon cause, and I won't let you destroy it again!"

"Good, good," Galvatron laughed through the rain of blows. But then he felt Megadeath surge forward, and control of their body slipped away.

Nearby

A shuttle flew past the remains of the fortress, then slowly started to circle.

"Are you sure this is the place? It doesn't look like-"

"I'm sure, old boy. Find a place to set us down."

zigzagger
2009-10-18, 09:12 PM
Infraspace

As an enraged Cyclonus pummeled away at his former-master, a faint light began to seep through the thin seams on Galvatron's chest.

....In the end, you will achieve precisely what you strive for - you shall become part of that which is whole.

Have comfort in that.

----

Fort Scyk

Megadeath slowly regained control over his body when his alter ego slipped away. He was, however, more concerned about the Matrix's curious behavior rather his other half suddenly relinquishing control over their body.

"...No...it can't be," Megadeath whispered to himself.

Coming to his senses, Megadeath pulled his legs toward himself into a fetal position, then kicked out to force the Unicron-spawn off of him.

"That, Cyclonus, will be quite enough!"

Warcry
2009-10-19, 02:16 AM
Fort Scyk

Megadeath's kick sent Cyclonus toppling backward off of his enemy, and put a few metres' worth of distance between them.

"Actually," Cyclonus snapped, "it really, really won't be."

He brought up his oxidizing laser and fired several blasts at the nearly-prone Megadeath, hoping to rust his body to the ground and keep him from getting up to fight.

He noticed the light beaming through the other Transformer's chest and recognized it for what it was. "The Matrix calls out to me," he said. "You...both of you are just going to have to get out of my way."

zigzagger
2009-10-19, 10:33 PM
Fort Scyk

Megadeath sprung to his feet and tossed up his cannon-mounted arm to shield himself from the oxidizing properties of Cyclonus's attack. It immediately began to eat away at his weapon, though, and made itself dangerously close from doing the same to his arm.

“Nnnnghh-AAH!” Megadeath roared as he tore the crumbling cannon off his arm and dropped it to his side. “Hmph, don’t be absurd,” he answered Cyclonus. “The Matrix answers only to…”

Once more, a throbbing light emitted from his chest, this time brighter and more intense -- as if it was reaching out to Cyclonus.

“Oh, quit pestering me, you infernal trinket,” Megadeath smacked his fist against his chest.

This only served to provoke the Matrix further, and suddenly, Megadeath was forced into a trance-like state.

-----

Infraspace

We are a composite of many. We communicate to you in a manner in which your paltry mind may comprehend. All that has transpired was of our making. Your destiny was never yours to control, little half-life.

You were warned of this.

You determinedly clung to the nonexistent – a charade of an identity that we shaped. It only assured that you would keep the force housed within you safe. So long as you believed that it was dependent on your continued “existence”, you acted your function just as intended.

However - though our initial purpose was to reanimate this vacant shell, a grave error has been made. It must be rectified.

“I am no one’s pawn! I control my destiny. I do!”

Do not resist.

Megedeath’s ethereal self de-materialized into a swirl of particles, then closed in and tightened itself around the representation of the Matrix.

But, even as the Matrix began to take apart the fragments of Megadeath’s spark, its owner naturally resisted. It would not be consumed so easily.

“I - AM…”

------

Fort Scyk

“…NO ONE’S PAWN! The Matrix is MINE!” Megadeath screamed, his stolen body now crackling with a strange, dark energy.

Warcry
2009-10-22, 03:27 AM
Fort Scyk

"Yes! Yes!" Galvatron screamed, using the groundswell of Matrix energy to push Megadeath aside momentarily. "Burn! Burn in the fire that you were so eager to claim for your own!"

Cyclonus watched as the purple light started to arc around the shared body of his former master. With a grim expression on his face, he fired both of his weapons at Galvatron/Megadeath's chest.

"The Matrix is mine, Megadeath!" he shouted. "Relinquish it now, before it flays your very essence into nothing!"

zigzagger
2009-10-22, 04:02 AM
Fort Scyk

Cyclonus's attack smacked hard against Galvatron's (and Megadeath's) chest as intended, stumbling backward as first blast twisted him to the left, the second to the right.

"Y-You...YOU!..."

Regaining his balance, he tossed his arms out and let out a piercing roar. A shockwave burst from Galvatron’s body, then shaped into a ball of indeterminable energy which surrounded him. It quickly expanded, forming into a dome of dark light that spread out as if to engulf the entire room.

His body eerily twitched - the vessel, weakened by years of contamination, was clearly not suitable to contain such power as fuel lines along his arms and legs began to snap and spark. Ignoring this, Megadeath gave Cyclonus a crazed grin, a frightening sight behold considering what remained of Galvatron’s face. He never dreamed that such power existed.

In fact, the revelation was driving him into utter madness.

“You, unngh, rrrrr, want iiiiit?" Megadeath extended his hand as dark bolts sprouted from his crumbling shell and struck around him without rhyme or reason. "Come...be one with the Matriiiix.”

----

Yes. Open yourself to us, and become part of that which is whole.

Warcry
2009-10-26, 05:36 AM
Fort Scyk

Cyclonus met Megadeath's manic grin with a stern, almost emotionless stare. He wasn't afraid. The Matrix had gone to so much trouble to draw him here -- it wouldn't hurt him. Not now. Not after all he had done for it.

"You see, but you don't see," he told the crumbling, somehow still-alive Decepticon. "It's not that I want the Matrix -- it wants me. You were a placeholder, a stopgap until it could find Galvatron's true heir. If only you'd been able to let go, it might not have come to this."

He stepped deeper into the deep purple light that was streaming from Megadeath/Galvatron's body, feeling it inundate him, shooting through him like a gamma ray until it illuminated every molecule of his body. In days past he would have fought it, would have resisted, would have fled as far as he could from the Matrix and its penetrating, omniscient gaze. But whatever fear Cyclonus had for his own survival had died in a Quintesson-induced coma in the streets of Crystal City two years ago.

"There are worse things," Cyclonus said, almost to himself, "than death. I've seen that first-hand. You don't frighten me."

zigzagger
2009-10-26, 08:32 AM
Fort Scyk

“He he! Hah! Ha ha ha!” Megadeath laughed as he watched Cyclonus defiantly walk through the dark light to confront him.

“Ah, Cyclonus - willing to plunge into the abyss all simply because the Matrix beckons you,” Megadeath scoffed. “You – kkkkkk - are no more a slave – or a puppet – to it than I am. But, if that is your preference….”

Dark flames swathed Megadeath’s extended hand. Bolts ran along his arm as he channeled the Matrix’s energies, generating a blast with enough clout to decimate the large chamber - and possibly Fort Scyk.

“…Let’s be consumed together, then.”

But, before Megedeath could send the attack forward, his hand began to violently twitch.

The tremors grew quicker and quicker and quicker -- until his arm exploded in a spray of corroded metal and cydraulics, destroying the upper portion of his shoulder with it.

“ARRRGGH!” He screeched.

Unable to contain the latent power Megadeath willingly unleashed, Galvatron’s body continued to shudder as fiery chunks of outer-paneling ruptured and flung itself away in a terrifying chain reaction.

“Wait! No, ssstop! STOP!” Megadeath cried.

The pain would not yield, and the Matrix did not heed.

When the strut in his knee burst, Megadeath dropped to the floor, propping himself up on his working leg. He was literally crumbling apart at the seams. He clawed and tore at his chest in a fleeting attempt to reach for the Matrix -- but as his functions failed him one by one, the task was impossible.

Megadeath’s body wanted to die.

----------

Piteous, little half-life. On the brink of death, unable to resist.

We pieced you back together. Now – we unmake you.

And with the Matrix's final judgement, Megadeath’s mutant spark was torn into tiny fragments. The bits of the spark energy then merged with the Matrix, until it completely disappeared in its light - along with Megadeath.

-------

Very slowly, Megedeath shambled towards Cyclonus, limping on a leg that refused to function. Only a few paces away, he grasped at the Decepticon with his remaining hand.

“…I….will…rise...,” he wheezed.

Galvatron’s optics burned brightly one last time, flickered, then faded.

The body stood frozen for a moment, still reaching out to Cyclonus, before its joints gave out and Galvatron fell backwards onto the crumbling chamber floor. Lifeless once more.

The light of the Matrix filled the dimly lit chamber as it quietly beckoned to Cyclonus.

(OCC: Too soon?)

Warcry
2009-10-29, 05:47 AM
Fort Scyk

As the purple glow started to fill the room, Cyclonus practically bathed in it. He felt Megadeath's passing viscerally, the Matrix energies enhancing his Quintesson-induced rapport with the dead to a level that he hadn't even considered possible. And as Galvatron's life force was drawn back into the Matrix, Cyclonus felt that, too.

Dropping to one knee beside his master's corpse, Cyclonus prized open Galvatron's chest panels. The deep purple glow of the Matrix washed over him again, cutting even more deeply into his mind, body and soul as it called out to him.

But Cyclonus didn't claim it. Not yet.

His hands went instead to Galvatron's face. His fingertips brushed gently against his master's -- nay, his friend's -- ruined visage, and he whispered a silent goodbye to the Decepticon who had been such a driving force in his life.

And then, without a second thought, Cyclonus balled his hand into a fist and brought it down hard in Galvatron's skull. The body, weakened severely by the release of Matrix energy, was no match for his strength. Galvatron's head split open and Cyclonus's fingers probed in the mess of wiring and circuit boards inside until they came to rest on Galvatron's brain module.

"No one will ever use you like this again," he whispered.

Then he squeezed, and Galvatron's brain module crumbled to dust.

Chip1123
2009-10-30, 02:11 PM
Roadblock stumbled around the corner, still a little woozy from the fighting.
""Hey boss. Most of the mutants are dead. What's the next..." He paused, seeing Cyclonus kneeling over a body that looked haunting familiar.

"Is that...?" He began, looking towards the purple, now headless body. "Was that... What happened in here?"

Blackjack
2009-10-31, 01:57 AM
Fort Scyk

(OOC: Epic fight, guys! I enjoyed reading it! :up: )

Barrage stumbled after Roadblock into the room, clutching his vibrospear in his trembling right hand, and a twisted sonic pulse gun in the other. Having regained his senses after the moment of bloodlust, Barrage could think rationally again. Well, as rational as a radiation-affected transformer damaged all over could, anyway.

Half-expecting to see Cyclonus attacking a mutant leader or something, he was greeted by the sight of the Targetmaster over a corpse... a very distinctive corpse.

He was rendered speechless, not wanting to provoke Cyclonus to do anything harsh.

Warcry
2009-11-03, 06:11 AM
Fort Scyk

Cyclonus looked up from his grisly work to look at Roadblock and Barrage with a blank expression.

After all that they have seen, how could they possibly not understand what had transpired here?

"What happened..." he said quietly. Then, with more conviction, he told the troops, "What happened is we got what we came for."

Steeling himself, Cyclonus sunk his hands into Galvatron's chest, wrapped his fingers around the hand-grips on either side of the Matrix, and lifted it out of his fallen master's corpse.

"I got what we came for."

As if to emphasize the Targetmaster's words and warn off anyone who might challenge him, the Matrix itself let out a pulse of dark purple energy. It washed over Cyclonus and Nightstick, and in less than a second all of the duo's wounds had healed as if they'd never existed. A second after that their bodies seemed to melt, becoming momentarily fluid before they set into shapes that were very similar -- but still noticeably different -- than what they'd been before.

Almost as an afterthought the Matrix pulsed a third time, and the wave of energy filled the room. A healing burst that was much weaker than what it had unleashed on Cyclonus, it would still be enough to knit some of the other Decepticons' more worrisome injuries.

Blackjack
2009-11-03, 08:09 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage watched as Cyclonus opened the Decepticon Matrix and was healed and reformatted, and the Insecticon was suitably surprised as the Matrix healed him too, as well. All the dangerous gashes and wounds the Insecticon had obtained in fighting the mutants as well as being crushed under tonnes of rock were glossed over by the Matrix energy and had simply disappeared, as if the damage never happened in the first place.

Flexing his previously missing fingers in front of his now-whole-again face, He still felt the strain on his systems, though, and Barrage could spend an entire week in stasis sleep if he could. Barrage's mandibles twitched slowly as he watched Cyclonus, but again, the Insecticon didn't say anything.

Chip1123
2009-11-05, 10:49 PM
Roadblock watched, surprised as Cyclonus was completely healed, and then he himself had his most major injuries healed, which left his own repair systems able to handle the smaller injuries.

"So... What next?" He said out loud, voicing his inner thoughts. "You giving it to Gigatron, or keeping it for yourself?"

optimusskids
2009-11-05, 11:50 PM
Fort Scyk

Flywheels brushed off a suddenly revitalised mutant.

"looks like it's pretty indiscriminate."

Warcry
2009-11-08, 06:08 AM
Fort Scyk

"It's not my decision," Cyclonus told Roadblock. "Or Gigatron's. The Matrix has obviously made that choice for us. Gigatron will simply have to learn to live with it. Our without it, as the case may be."

Cyclonus look at his troops -- still battered and ragged-looking, but much less so now that the Matrix had graced them with its' favour.

"But we're getting ahead of ourselves," he said. "Since neither of our shuttles are flightworthy, our first order of business will be finding a way out of here."

Cyclonus stopped to ponder individual assignments along that line, but he never got the chance to issue them because, as he was opening his mouth to issue them, a starship-grade torpedo ripped through the ceiling of the room they were standing in, blasted its' way through the back wall and then detonated in the mutant-filled antechamber that the Decepticons had so recently fought their way through.

Those that were lucky were plucked from the ground and tossed out through the now-gaping holes that the explosion had created in the already-crumbling fort's walls. Those that were unlucky would find themselves burried alive under the rubble of the quickly-collapsing building.

Cyclonus was tossed about by the explosion, the Matrix and Nightstick both plucked from his hands and thrown away. He came to a decidedly rough landing outside the building, his vision and thoughts blurred by the force of the impact. But even though he was fading in and out of consciousness, he was sure -- in his rare moments of lucidity -- that he could see a flurry of grey and green shapes heading his way.

Thunderwing watched in satisfaction as his Imperial strike force set upon the ragtag band of Decepticons with a discipline that he'd never been able to instill in any of the real Decepticon units he'd commanded in the past. The soldiers' obedience and efficiency came with a price, though, he knew -- they were dreadfully dull, both as companions and in terms of battlefield tactics.

More the better, he thought to himself, as long as they do their job and give me the chance to do mine.

Thunderwing let himself wallow in self-satisfaction for a few seconds longer, then stepped down off of the ramp of his personal shuttle and started to walk purposefully toward the tug he felt deep within himself, following the siren's song of the Decepticon Matrix.

Blackjack
2009-11-08, 09:18 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage counted himself among the lucky ones.

He was about to attack the revived mutants when the torpedo crashed onto the antechamber, and the force caused the Insecticon to be literally swept off his feet, and he crashed through a pillar, and out through a gaping hole in the wall. The Insecticon crashed on his back in a pile of miscellaneous mutant parts, a short distance away from Cyclonus.

Barrage got up immediately, and pulled his sonic pulse cannon, and without thinking opened fire on the Imperials. "Death to all who defy the Decepticon rule! Decepticons FOREVER!" The Insecticon screeched as he fired like a madman towards the Imperials, glimpsing Thunderwing among them.

The thought that the Imperials outnumber and outgun them did not occur to the resolute Insecticon.

optimusskids
2009-11-08, 10:10 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk was battered and thrown about by the explosion. He was hit by a piece of debris.

He surmised that they had been attacked and by someone with heavy artillery. He wondered if the best option open to him was to hide.

He looked around for a likely hidey hole and spotted what had hit him the Decepticon Matrix. He hopped over to it and landed on it. As he did something flowed through himhe felt different He Decided instead of hiding as communication officer he must do his job.

He opened a com link and sent an encrypted, scrambled high speed,frequency hopping micro burst message to the Fearless

"We have discovered the Decepticon Matrix and are under attack by unknown forces please send urgent help now."

Not knowing whether the message would be received due to the local conditions he grasped the Matrix in his claws and staggered off with it flapping into the air inside the building.

~*~

Venom landed outside on his back. Despite being in shock and dazed instinct kicked in and he transformed into insect mode.

~*~

Flywheels landed with an oomph next to Nightstick.

"What the farg happened there."

Chip1123
2009-11-10, 09:25 PM
Roadblock was thrown backwards, landing awkwardly among debris. As he started to get up, more fell on his head, knocking him back down. "Where the slag did that come from?" He muttered out loud, struggling to his feet. He heard gunfire from Barrage's area, and turned to look at what he was shooting at, seeing it pretty quickly. "This day just keeps getting better and better..."

Warcry
2009-11-11, 05:51 AM
Outside Fort Scyk

Cyclonus caught sight of Thunderwing stalking through the battlefield in his general direction.

"You!" he practically bellowed. "Coming back to Cybertron will be the last mistake you'll ever make!"

Thunderwing chuckled heartily. "Ah, Cyclonus. As polite and reasonable as I remember, I see." The Pretender stopped in his tracks and stared hard at the other Decepticon. "Well, not quite as I remember. You have the infernal, ludicrous gall to consider yourself worthy of the Matrix? Strange. I never thought of you as the sort to indulge in self-delusion."

"The Matrix," Cyclonus shot back, "considers me worthy. What you or I or anyone else might think is immaterial. Leave this place now!"

"Surely you must be jesting," Thunderwing shot back. "The Matrix is, has always been and will always be mine and mine alone. As the last relic of the nobility, my claim on it is supreme and insoluble. Trying to cast it as some sort of...ridiculous metaphysical judge of who shall wield it...it's ridiculous. I'm shocked and disappointed, because I would have thought that such religious nonsense was beneath even you."

"You know what else is beneath me, Thunderwing?" Cyclonus took a step forward and struck the taller Decepticon with an uppercut that had him staggering backwards. "You."

Nightstick pushed himself up out of the pile of rubble he'd fallen into in time to see Squawktalk trying to make off with the Matrix.

Igniting the thrusters built into his boots, he took to the air and paced the cassette.

"Trust me when I say," Nightstick told the Decepticon, "you really don't want to do this."

Not far away Skullcruncher lay in stasis lock, impaled on a sizable chunk of debris.

optimusskids
2009-11-11, 07:20 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk staggered through the air.

"You are probably correct however I cannot let this fall into our attackers hands. Normally i would leave it to another however having touched the Matrix i felel more determined. Less cowardly. If you have any alternative suggestions to a cours eof action I should take I am willing to listen?"

Blackjack
2009-11-11, 11:38 AM
Outside Fort Scyk

Barrage grunted as a few Imperials fired onto him, but the Insecticon tore off limbs from a few of the green and grey generics, and scored a headshot. His attention was called by Thunderwing and Cyclonus bickering nearby. The Insecticon gave a roar, and charged the former. Activating his energo spear, Barrage attempted to lance Thunderwing's side.

"Nobility is overrated." the Insecticon hissed, "And you are a traitor, a deluded fool who thinks he can lead anything. At least the likes of Starscream did not sell out our race... you are nothing but pond scum!"

(OOC: Why yes, Barrage is suicidal. Why do you ask? ;) )

Warcry
2009-11-13, 04:58 AM
Fort Scyk

"I'm not a big tactical thinker," Nightstick admitted to Squawktalk, "but it's pretty obvious that you've got what Thunderwing wants, and if he comes to get it, you can't stop him. Running away won't do you any good. And if he's anything like Cyc, he can sense where it is, so hiding won't help either. You need to use your head. Trick him, set a trap, something."

"I figure a brainy guy like you can figure something out." Nightstick gulped. "Me, I've gotta go do what I do best and help Cyc try to shoot holes in the guy."

Barrage's attack cut a shallow groove in Thunderwing's Pretender shell, and he responded with a dismissive, deceptively weak-looking backhand that could send the other Decepticon flying if it landed.

"And your opinion might even carry some weight," he told the Insecticon without deigning to look at him, "if you were even vaguely sentient. Now be a dear and let the adults talk."

Cyclonus cut into his monologue with a right hook to the jaw. "Oh, shut up already!"

optimusskids
2009-11-13, 07:28 AM
Fort Scyk

Venom flew discreetly up the ramp into the shuttle..

~*~

Squawktalk paused looking grim.

"What to do what to do. I don't know how to set a trap. Maybe I could take it somewhere he couldn't follow."

Blackjack
2009-11-13, 09:46 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage was about to say something witty to Thunderwing, but he saw the backhand coming, and ducked, swinging the vibro-spear at the Pretender's left leg, aiming to cause Thunderwing to lose his footing while Cyclonus attacked Thunderwing's face.

Chip1123
2009-11-13, 09:09 PM
Roadblock waded into a group of Imperials, taking a few hits as he did so, but nothing too bad. He felt energized by the matrix's healing moments ago, and proceeded to take it out on the Imperial troops. Ducking a punch from one, he swung an uppercut through another, and then turned his saw blade on, shredding the bot's insides, and making sure he wouldn't get up. He turned and back-handed the bot he had ducked moments prior, and flung his comrade at him, pinning him to the ground. He locked a missle on the the duo, and fired, taking them both out of the fight.

Warcry
2009-11-16, 05:25 AM
Fort Scyk

"He turns into a jet and can blast his way into any small hiding places you might think of," Nightstick told Squawktalk. "But tactics? Not really my thing. Maybe Venom or one of the others might have some ideas."

Barrage's slash left another shallow groove on Thunderwing's pretender shell.

"You're still here, peon?" He sighed melodramatically. "Well, I suppose I'll lower myself to spend enough time to dispose of you."

Drawing his cyclone cannon, he fired a burst of compressed air point-blank at the Insecticon.

"Fly away now, little bug."

optimusskids
2009-11-16, 08:12 AM
Fort Scyk

Venom stung the pilot injecting him with neuro toxin. He collapsed writhing in agony.

He then transformed and strarted to manipulate the door controls.

~*~

Squawktalk struggled over to a vent leading into some subterranean pipework

"maybe if I take it underground I can protect it . He will be unable to follow directly and any other acess will nee him to fight through hordes of mutants."

He pried at the hatch with his beak.

His resolve faltered and he commed Cyclonus

"Cyclonus I have it what shall I do."

Blackjack
2009-11-16, 10:15 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage's red optics widened slightly as Thunderwing's infamous weapon came into play, but if the Insecticon was afraid, he didn't show it. "So you got another after that Autobot- Nightbeat stole the old one. Patheti-"

Barrage's sentence was cut mid-way as the blast of air picked him up and launched him towards a pile of dead mutant bodies... and some more questionable things. "Ehrnnn..." Barrage lay there, trying (and failing) to get himself back up on his feet.

Warcry
2009-11-21, 05:39 PM
Fort Scyk

"Peon," Thunderwing scoffed derisively. "As if he could even pretend to challenge a peer of the realm."

Then he turned his attention back to Cyclonus. "Now, as for you..."

Cyclonus punched him in the jaw again. "As for me, I'm going to tear your cowardly chassis out of that shell. Then we'll see just how arrogant you are when you don't have all these toys at your disposal, hmm?"

"That's one possibility," Thunderwing said. "Here's another."

Moving faster than even his own sensors could track, Thunderwing drove his right fist into Cyclonus's midsection, doubling him over. Then he took a step closer, swept the Targetmaster's legs out from under him and knocked him face-first to the ground.

Thunderwing dropped on top of Cyclonus, pinning one of his arms behind his back.

"I have hundreds of Imperials with me," he said, his tone one that way half bragging and half taunting, "and thousands more close by, if those aren't enough. And just like you, I can hear the Matrix's call from anywhere on the planet. There is nowhere you can hide it from me, and I will never stop coming for it. Even if you win today, I'll be there tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. So if you value your life of the lives of your minions at all, you'll surrender the Matrix to me right this instant!"

Even though his face was pressed down into the tarmac, Cyclonus couldn't help but smile. Thunderwing's legendary arrogance had risen to an unprecedented level -- the Pretender was so sure of his superiority that he had no idea what he'd just brought down on himself with his unguarded words. And although Cyclonus thought he had a fairly good shot at escaping Thunderwing's grasp and pummelling him into submission, he realized that Thunderwing had given him a golden opportunity...if he was brave enough to grasp it.

Giving up the Matrix, even temporarily, is an even bigger sacrifice than I could ever have imagined. But the benefits...the benefits could outweigh that a thousand-fold.

Squawktalk's signal came through silently on the Targetmaster's internal comm. And even though Cyclonus knew what had to be said, it took a few seconds before he was able to drag the words out. "Give it to Thunderwing," he told the cassette. "Trust me. I'll explain later."

Speaking aloud again, he assumed a defiant tone, but made sure to inject just the right amount of defeat into it. "You win this round, Thunderwing. The Matrix is yours...for today, anyway."

optimusskids
2009-11-21, 07:40 PM
Shuttle

safe in the control deck of the shuttle. Venomflew over to a computer console and began to plunder the ships databanks.

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk gazed at Nightstick in puzzlement

"H-he wants me to hand it over t-to Thunderwing what do you think is it a trap , is he under duress, hypnotised, was our communication intercepted?

He hopped over to Nightstick

"think of a question only Cyclonus would know the correct answer to?"

Warcry
2009-11-24, 04:24 AM
Fort Scyk

"You could ask him who he used to be before Unicron turned him into Cyclonus," Nightstick suggested. Then he groaned and said, "Not that it would do us much good, since I don't know."

Then he grinned. "Ask him about the pet I tried to bring with me when we left Nebulos."

optimusskids
2009-11-24, 07:17 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk opened a com to Cyclonus

"Will do Sir , I just need to ask you one question first. What pet did Nightstick try and bring with him when you left Nebulos?"

Warcry
2009-11-26, 06:26 AM
Fort Scyk

"You're paranoid," Cyclonus replied to Squawktalk over the radio. "Good. I like paranoid.." His voice got a bit more distant as he thought back over the years. "I don't remember what it was called, but it looked like a giant purple hedgehog with duck's feet. The accursed thing sweated and vomited so much that it took me a month to get its' stench out of my cockpit. Naturally, I vented the abomination into space."

Nightstick chuckled. "Yeah, that's just about right," he admitted, giving Squawktalk a nod.

optimusskids
2009-11-26, 07:36 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk replied to Cyclonus

"Cyclonus Sir , Thunderwing has no need to keep us alive once he has the Matrix. If you give me a few moments I will leave it in the centre of the parade ground and then retreat to a location of safety."

He turned to Nightstick

"hurry we must leave the Matrix in the centre of the Forats parade ground."

Blackjack
2009-11-27, 09:49 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage struggled up to his feet, his entire body aching after the assault from the cyclone cannon. Barrage was about to leap into battle again when he realized that Thunderwing and Cyclonus were... negotiating?

Barrage was about to open fire on the Pretender when common sense told him that it would only endanger the other Decepticons, so Barrage transformed into insect mode, and buzzed away, in hopes of finding Venom. In situations like these, Venom always knows what to do...

Warcry
2009-12-02, 05:27 AM
Fort Scyk

"Gotcha," Nightstick said to Squawktalk. Then he frowned. "I, uh, have no idea where that is. You lead the way?"

Cyclonus looked up at Thunderwing and spat, "They're taking it to the parade ground and leaving it there for you."

"They don't trust me not to kill them out of hand once I have my prize? For shame!" Thunderwing shook his head. "Who do they take me for, a violent peon like Galvatron?"

The Pretender rose to his feet and cast Cyclonus aside.

"Very well. I shall collect the Matrix, and you won't interfere." He turned his back on Cyclonus with an air of contempt. "If your men double-cross me, I'll order my troops to nuke the city. One suspects it's probably used to it by now, but you and your followers probably aren't."

As the Pretender transformed to vehicle mode and few away, Cyclonus seethed...but at the same time, he was absolutely sure that he was doing what needed to be done, in the long run.

optimusskids
2009-12-02, 07:37 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawkstalk flapped through the air matrix dangling in his claws.

"This way I think."

Shuttle

Venom all data possible form the shuttle gleaned carefully removed an acess panel and started making some adjustments.

Blackjack
2009-12-02, 02:16 PM
Fort Scyk

As soon as Thunderwing had left the scene, Barrage made his way towards Cyclonus' side, checking if the Unicron-spawned Decepticon was alright. The Insecticon reached out to help him up, but stopped at the last second. After all, Cyclonus might be insulted by the gesture.

"Sure hope you know what you're doing, boss..." Barrage mumbled, watching as Thunderwing flew away. "That psychopath's gonna kill us, no matter what he says."

Chip1123
2009-12-02, 10:17 PM
Roadblock made his way towards Barrage and Cyclonus. "I hope whatever plan you have works... We're gonna have a hard time toppling that guy as it is, much less if he gets the Matrix."

Warcry
2009-12-06, 04:54 AM
Fort Scyk

Nightstick ignited the thrusters in his boots and followed Squawktalk. After a few minutes' flight, he pointed down toward the ground, where the remnants of a large open square could be seen.

"That what we're looking for?"

"Oh, I'm sure he will," Cyclonus told Barrage. "Or he would, if he got the chance. He's not going to, though, because we won't be here."

As he climbed slowly to his feet -- he'd allowed Thunderwing to think him beaten, but that didn't mean that the aristocrat's attacks hadn't hurt -- he opened a comm to Venom.

"Venom, if you're still functional I've got a job for you. We need a way out of here and we need it fast. Do you think you could sneak aboard the Imperials' shuttle and commandeer it for us?"

(OOC: ;) )

Replying to Roadblock he just said, "Maybe. But if I'm right, Thunderwing taking the Matrix will actually make our work easier in the long run."

Blackjack
2009-12-06, 09:17 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage blanched at the mere thought of retreating, but nodded solemnly. All this way, all the grief, only to have the Matrix snatched from their hands! "I could distract Thunderwing while you guys make off with the Matrix." Barrage offered, but shrugged, " 'Course, if you think Thunderwing having the Matrix would benefit us..."

Barrage looked around, searching for the rest of their team. He could see Skullcruncher and what looked like Flywheels near their group of three. Venom is versatile enough to survive, while Squawktalk had just been talking to Cyclonus. The rest of them, however, were nowhere in sight...

optimusskids
2009-12-06, 10:46 AM
Shuttle

Venom bumped his head on the lip of the access panel as his com came alive.

"Ahead of you there chief . I'm justy trying to overcome the software interlocks. Otherwise the flight deck is all ours. The Imps seem oblivious.

~*~

Fort Scyk

Squawktalk dropped the matrix slightly off centre of th emiddle of the parade ground.

"I guess it must be, one big open space is as good as another. Thunbderwing can track it so he'll find it whereever we put it. So lets scram, vamoose, amscray , beat feet. Can you keep up or do you want to fly AIr Squawktalk I should be able to carry you."

Chip1123
2009-12-07, 09:28 PM
"I guess i"ll ask the question everyone around here wants to ask, but no one else will." Roadblock said, looking at Cyclonus. "How will Thunderwing having the Matrix help us, short term or long term?"

Warcry
2009-12-08, 05:28 AM
Fort Scyk

"I knew there was I reason why I liked Insecticons," Cyclonus said with a smile when Venom got back to him. "I'm sending the rest of the troops to meet you. Once they're aboard, get out of here. I'll provide air cover in case the Imperials object to us borrowing their ship."

Turning back to Roadblock and Barrage, he told them, "I know I'm asking a lot of you two," he said, "but you're going to have to trust me on this. Once we're safely away from the Imperial threat I'll answer any questions you have, but right now, we don't have the time. I need you two to grab Skullcruncher and Flywheels and get them to the shuttle."

Ruckus, Growl and Backfire were nowhere to be seen, but Cyclonus had neither the time nor the inclination to search for them. His first priority right now had to be getting the troops that were still alive to safety.

"Squawktalk, Venom has liberated the Imperials' shuttle for us. Can you make it there before liftoff, or do you need pickup?"

"I kept up on the way here, didn't I?" Nightstick shrugged. "I'll manage, Squawky." Reluctantly he added, "But thanks for asking."

optimusskids
2009-12-08, 07:24 AM
Fort Scyk

Venom made a last few adjustments and swung the access panel shut.

He then replied to Cyclonus

"copy that , just finished making a few adjustments . The shutles all ours. The loading ramp is already deployed so it'll be simple to get everyone aboard."

~*~

Squawktalk replied

"Ok Nightstick we need to head for the Imperials shuttle do you think we can make it in time?"

Blackjack
2009-12-08, 08:30 AM
Fort Scyk

"Right, right." Barrage replied to Cyclonus. "You'll explain later. Okay..." The Insecticon, not putting much thought into what had happened, got into action and approached the body of Skullcruncher, snapping off a few blasts from his sonic gun to discourage a few curious mutants.

"Skully?" Barrage asked the Headmaster, trying to pull the larger Headmaster to his feet, "Grax? Skullcruncher? You guys hear me?"

Chip1123
2009-12-08, 09:29 PM
Roadblock took in what Cyclonus said and transformed. He drove over to Flywheels. "Still functional?"

optimusskids
2009-12-09, 07:18 AM
Fort Scyk

Flywheels carefully picked himself up off the ground

"Just about, whats happening now?"

Chip1123
2009-12-09, 08:53 PM
"Time to get the frag out of here." Roadblock said to Flywheels. "We're retreating. The boss will explain once we're safe."

Warcry
2009-12-14, 06:16 AM
Fort Scyk

"It's not exactly something I'm keen to gamble about," Nightstick told Squawktalk. "If pickup is available, by all means, lets take it."

Skullcruncher didn't respond to Barrage, or so much as move or twitch.

Cyclonus transformed and took to the air. Responding to Venom, he said, "Great work. Take off as soon as our people are aboard...or sooner, if you have to leave to avoid Imperial entanglements."

optimusskids
2009-12-14, 07:34 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk picked up the pace.

"Lets go then."

~*~

Flywheels nodded towards Barrage and Skullcruncher

"maybe we should give Barrage a hand."

Blackjack
2009-12-15, 01:28 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage sighed and began to drag Skullcruncher by the shoulder towards the Imperial ship. Waving at Flywheels and Roadblock, he called out, "Howzabout giving me a hand with sleeping ugly here?"

optimusskids
2009-12-15, 07:20 AM
Fort Scyk

Flywheels picked up Skullcrunchers tail end and helped Barrage move him.

Chip1123
2009-12-15, 08:36 PM
Roadblock came over, transformed, and helped ease the burden on Flywheels and Barrage, hefting some of the weight of SkullCruncher. "Let's get him aboard the shuttle before the imperials come back."

Warcry
2009-12-20, 06:55 AM
Fort Scyk

Cyclonus blasted through the air as fast as his newly-refurbished fusion engines would take him. After a scant few seconds of travel time, he was picking up Squawktalk and Nightstick on his sensors. Throwing his engines into reverse, he transmitted, "My cockpit is open. Get inside and strap in."

Not far away, Thunderwing approached the Matrix where it lay, unprotected, on the ground.

I don't believe it, he thought. They wouldn't be foolish enough to just give it to me, would they?

"Ah, well," he said. "If the peons want to make it easy for me, far be it from me to object."

He bent over, hand outstretched, to pick up the Matrix...

And then there was a flash of purple light, and the world around him disappeared.

A pair of Imperial footsoldiers noticed the Decepticons milling around their shuttle and shouted out in alarm.

"Stop them!"

optimusskids
2009-12-20, 09:23 AM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk put on a burst of speed and shot into Cyclonus' cockpit.

~*~

Venom swivelled from the navigation controls to the wepons board and started putting the shuttles weapons online.

Blackjack
2009-12-20, 11:15 AM
Fort Scyk

Combat. Now this was something I could relate to. Barrage thought. After all the weirdness and scheming beyond the thug's simple mind, the Insecticon was hungry for some conflict.

"I'll cover our escape!" Barrage shouted to Flywheels and Roadblock, "You two get Skullcruncher into the ship."

The Insecticon let his hands off from the Headmaster's side and pulled his remaining sonic machinegun from his hip, joining the firepower provided by Venom. "Come and get some!" Barrage roared, letting sonic bullets rip towards the Imperial soldiers. His hip cannons joined in the attack, opening fire with conventional bullets.

Warcry
2009-12-20, 08:01 PM
Fort Scyk

Nightstick fell into Cyclonus's cockpit beside Squawktalk and started to strap himself in.

"You'll have to transform, Squawky," he said, "or we'll never get the hatch shut."

Several Imperials were hit by Barrage's wild attack, and they dropped to the ground.

"Who are you?"

"What do you want?"

"Why are you here?"

"Where are you going?"

Thunderwing heard the voices, whispers from the Matrix that were for his ears only. He smiled. "I am Thunderwing, Lord High Commander of the Decepticons. The Matrix is mine, by right and by title."

"He doesn't understand."

"He seeks to turn us from the path."

"Unacceptable."

"He is not the Chosen."

"What are you talking about?" Thunderwing's face had turned from an expression of joy to one of bewilderment and annoyance.

"You have a role to play."

"But not the one you want."

"Your obsession with power will be your undoing."

"That is your destiny."

"No!" Thunderwing raged, furious that the Matrix would reject him out of hand like this. "My destiny is to rule! To stand at the vanguard of a unified Decepticon race!"

"No."

"You have a destiny."

"Because of you, the Decepticons will come together."

"But you will never lead."

"How dare you?" If he had been able to see where the voices were coming from, Thunderwing would have lashed out in fury. "I am a peer of the realm, the last of my kind. No one will deny me my birthright -- not even you!"

"No."

"We deny you nothing."

"You do not understand."

"You do not see."

"Then explain yourselves to me!"

"No."

"If you knew, you would never do what you must do."

"But you have a role to play."

"When the time comes, you will know."

The purple light around him faded, and Thunderwing found himself back on the parade ground. He reached forward again and took the Matrix into his hand. But even while he was touching it, he felt nothing, none of the longing tug that the Autobot Matrix and Chaos Matrix had greeted him with in times past.

"It doesn't want me," he whispered incredulously.

It took a few seconds for the aristocrat to regain his composure, but when he did, he straightened his back and harumphed. "Very well, so be it. We have all the time in the world. You will be mine eventually, even if I have to rip out the sparks of every other Decepticon with the slightest hint of the Affinity."

optimusskids
2009-12-20, 08:08 PM
Fort Scyk

Squawktalk transformed and a cassette skittered across the cockpit seat.

~*~

Venom hosed the Imperials with the shuttles weapons. The shuttles ramp thudded open a welcoming haven to the fleeing Decepticons. Flywheels staggered towards it with his burden of Headmaster

Blackjack
2009-12-21, 02:31 AM
Fort Scyk

Barrage continued opening fire on the Imperials, but now that the shuttle doors were open, he was moving backwards to keep up with Flywheels, Roadblock and Skullcruncher.

"Hurry up!" The Insecticon grunted as his free hand activated his energo-spear with a hiss. "The little guys die easily, but there's a lot of them. And we'll be in deep slag if the big ugly returns!"

Chip1123
2009-12-21, 02:18 PM
Roadblock was grateful for the covering fire they were getting as they made their way to the shuttle. Still lifting his part of the load, he proceeded up the ramp, turning his head towards Barrage as he passed the other bot. "Stop complaining. We made it, didn't we?"

optimusskids
2009-12-21, 05:14 PM
Shuttle Ramp

Flywheels glared at Roadblock

"don't jinx us now we're not out of the smelting pool yet."

Blackjack
2009-12-22, 05:22 AM
Shuttle Ramp

Barrage cursed under his breath as he continued peppering fire towards the Imperials. "Yes. There's still that stuck-up Thunderwing, lest us forget. He'll eat us if he ever catches up with us."

Warcry
2009-12-22, 06:23 AM
Fort Scyk

Nightstick hastily caught Squawktalk as the cassette skittered toward the edge of the cockpit, then dogged the hatch shut.

Half a second later, Cyclonus' engines kicked in at full burn, putting distance between them and Thunderwing with almost five Gs worth of acceleration.

More Imperials fell as a result of the Decepticons' defensive fire, but those of them that could, took to the air and began to strafe both the shuttle and the ground around it.

Blackjack
2009-12-22, 07:27 AM
Shuttle Ramp

"Oh, slaggin' hell." Barrage said, as the Imperials took to the air. "And me without a jetpack." The Insecticon aimed up and sent a few shots from his sonic machineguns towards the enroaching foes, while scanning the skies for Cyclonus or Thunderwing's arrival. He wasn't really hoping to encounter the latter.

"Venom, use the shuttle's guns! Take down the fliers!" Barrage shouted into the shuttle, not certain whether his fellow Insecticon could hear him.

optimusskids
2009-12-22, 07:30 AM
Shuttle

Venom opened a general scrambled com link to his fellow Decepticons.

"All aboard I'm going to try and raise the shields."

Blackjack
2009-12-23, 06:26 AM
Shuttle Ramp

Barrage fired off a few parting shots at the Imperials, before helping Roadblock and Flywheels push Skullcruncher up the ramp. "Cyclonus and the others haven't arrived yet!" the Insecticon hissed.

Warcry
2009-12-24, 05:41 AM
Fort Scyk

Cyclonus tore through the sky over the shuttle's landing ground going Mach 4, his nosecone machine guns and wing-root laser batteries spitting death at the Imperials who were strafing the shuttle. He tore by in the blink of an eye, but as he passed, three of the enemy fighters were falling to the ground trailing smoke. Four more of them broke off in pursuit.

"Get moving," he broadcast to the other Decepticons, "and do it quickly. I've bought you a couple minutes, but that's it. Once the rest of their force gets organized, you'll get shot out of the sky as soon as you lift off."

optimusskids
2009-12-24, 07:15 AM
Fort Scyk

The Shuttles ramp clanged shut and Venom raised the shields and diverted enrgyto the Shuttle's Thrusters it rose on several pillars of flame.

Blackjack
2009-12-24, 05:30 PM
Shuttle

Barrage rushed into the control deck, grabbing on to a console as the shuttle rose. Sitting down on the closest thing to a weapons station, Barrage asked Venom, "Any idea what weapons this rustbucket has?"

Warcry
2010-01-10, 06:20 AM
(OOC: I'm just going to assume that the shuttle is underway now...)

In the air

Cyclonus swept back around and raked through the Imperials for a second time, drawing another pair of them away from the shuttle. The rest of them started to keep their distance from the departing shuttle, wary of getting caught in a crossfire between Cyclonus and the shuttle's own guns.

Blackjack
2010-01-11, 01:04 PM
Shuttle

Barrage settled himself in and opened fire onto the Imperials, cackling softly with glee as bolts of laser blasted the cannon fodder Imperials. "Get us the scrap out of here, Venom!" the Insecticon called out.

Warcry
2010-01-19, 12:19 AM
(OOC: I don't think we should wait for Venom anymore, since we're pretty much done here anyway. :) )

In the air

As the shuttle ramped up to full acceleration, it started to put some space between itself and the group of Imperials that were following it. Between Barrage and Cyclonus, those few who were brave or stupid enough to try and keep pace were quickly shot out of the sky.

"We're safe now," Cyclonus broadcast to the shuttle. "At least, until Thunderwing wises up and calls for backup. But if we can keep up this pace, we'll be home and safe before they can get here."

Falling into position above and behind the shuttle to screen it from any further attacks, Cyclonus matched his speed with that of the other ship and watched the irradiated landscape go by below him.

With an affronted scowl on his face, Thunderwing tucked the Matrix into his shell before he transformed to his starship mode and blasted off toward deep space.

(OOC: Thread closed. Back to Crystal City, all!)