PDA

View Full Version : [Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Cry Havoc (Tarn)

Warcry
2009-10-13, 04:30 AM
A deserted, barren place since the Reclamation of Cybertron, the city-state of Tarn had been quiet, with only the ruins of the mighty warriors of those who had fallen in battle there. However, lost souls and other more ambiguous characters have arrived, either to pursue their own agendas or for more personal reasons. The likes of Huffer, Sunstorm and the Seacons have arrived, and with their conflicting views, the situation is heated even more by the arrival of some of Gigatron's Decepticons, in search of an Underwater base to use against the upcoming battle against the Imperials. Stretched to the breaking point, a conflict would soon ensue...

Springer85
2009-10-13, 09:08 AM
Victory Square

"Fair enough," Octane said in reply to Huffer. "Though I don't think that you are going to make it that far, looking the way you do.

Octane turns to Sunstorm. "Haven't you heard? We're not at war. Well, not really at least. We are working alongside the Autobots to stop a looming threat in the form of The Imperials. I see no reason why you shouldn't side with us."

Maybe I shouldn't push Sunstorm this much. He could be a very powerful ally, but then again, also a very powerful enemy. I shouldn't anger him, but I just can't stand it when Decepticons turn neutral, Octane thinks.

Blackjack
2009-10-13, 11:04 AM
Skies over Victory Square

Skullgrin looked at Octane and transmitted over a closed frequency, "Don't push him too far, he's unstable and might take it as an insult. Instead, play on his... fanaticism."

"Sunstorm, you are a son of Primus, are you not? The Imperials we're fighting... they're hypocrites, vile scum who reproduce by budding, something that Primus disallowed vorns ago. Even if you see this Civil War as pointless, you could at least help rid the universe of these heretics." Landing, the Pretender shrugged.

"Or you could just sit here and brood. Your call."

Airazor
2009-10-15, 11:48 AM
Victory Square

Hooligan: -deciding not to mess around with an elemental, turns to Snap Trap- "What about you, then, fish-boy? Feel like helping out some?"

Blackjack
2009-10-18, 11:20 AM
Victory Square

Skullgrin turned to Hooligan and hissed, "Stop insulting them. We may need their help." If one Seacon is here, the other five must be nearby...

Springer85
2009-10-23, 11:53 AM
Victory Square

Octane crosses his arms. He's dissapointed that he was unable to recruit Huffer and Sunstorm for Gigatron's cause. Huffer's skills would have sped up their time schedule and Sunstorm's precense alone would have kept anybody that wanted to spy on them away. He's glad Skullgrin stepped in. Nodding to his private transmission, Octane says: "I don't think you need to look at this as choosing sides here, Sunstorm. In fact, our cause helps yours."

Looking over at Hooligan, Octane says:"Please don't antagonize Snaptrap. He's not known for he patience. He's the great leader of the Seacons and his under water skills could be very usefull."

"Anything you build on a large scale or with intense passion invites chaos."
--Francis Ford Coppola

Blackjack
2009-10-31, 06:19 AM
:poke:

Victory Square

Skullgrin grunted and commed Detritus. "Jury Rig, have you gotten a fix on the underwater base?" The Pretender tapped the slagmaker guns holstered on his side while he watched Sunstorm, Huffer and Snap Trap.

optimusskids
2009-10-31, 08:46 AM
Tyrant

Jury Rig checked his scanners and replied

" I have located 3 metallic anomalies at the approximate recorded location of the base. I believe that the extra readings are probably wrecks. I am transmitting the location now. Be careful there is a possibility that we are here to remove Snaptrap's home."

Blackjack
2009-10-31, 02:47 PM
Victory Square

Skullgrin nodded and answered Jury Rig, "Gotcha, Jury Rig. But even if it's Snap Trap's home, we gotta do what we gotta do." Turning to Hooligan, the Pretender said, "You get back to the Tyrant and keep watch." (OOC: moving him out of the way now that Airazor's gone)

Turning to Octane, Skullgrin asked, "Shall we?"

optimusskids
2009-11-09, 09:22 PM
Tyrant

Jury Rig replied

"I guess you're just going to have to be persuasive. Let me know if you require any of the Tyrant's firepower, try and avoid it coming to that. Better an ally than a new enemy"

Blackjack
2009-11-10, 10:55 AM
Victory Square, Heading towards the Rust Sea

Skullgrin made an affirmative grunt in the commlink to Detritus. "Will do, Jury Rig. You an' those aboard the Tyrant just get ready to fire and do your stuff when we uncover the underwater base."

The Pretender waved what passed as goodbye to Sunstorm and Snap Trap, "I guess we'll be seeing you guys around. Or not." the Pretender tried to show as if he actually showed interest in the two. Turning to Huffer, the Pretender narrowed his optics. "As for you, little Autobot, you have until we come back to this spot to make yourself scarce. We'll take you with us if we see you still here."

Turning to Octane, Skullgrin gestured towards the endless horizon of silvery metal that is the Rust Sea. "Come on. We have an underwater base to take back to Crystal City." Skullgrin's Pretender shell appeared out of subspace and enveloped him.

Fully clothed, so to speak, Skullgrin made a bestial roar and began to jog towards the Rust Sea.

Springer85
2009-11-11, 07:56 PM
Victory Square, Heading towards the Rust Sea

"Yes," Octane says when Skullgrin spoke to Huffer. This is Lord Gigatron's territory now. If you want to stay here, you'll have to help."

Octane transforms to truckmode and rolls ride beside Skullgrin. "Well that was a waste of our time," he said to him.

Blackjack
2009-11-12, 11:24 AM
Edge of the Rust Sea

Skullgrin grunted dimly at Octane as the triple-changer drove by beside him. The Pretender stood up to his full height on the edge of the Rust Sea, glanced behind him to see Snap Trap and the others behind him, before leaping into the metallic expanse in front of him. The sea looked silvery from their point of view, but seen from above or from underwater, the liquid metal would be seen to be a brownish, rusty shade of colour, earning it it's nickname.

Skullgrin's shell's eyes blinked as they adjusted to the liquid surroundings, and the Pretender had to rely more on sonar and other sensors than sight to navigate his way around the murky liquid metal. He could see underwater, but not that well. The liquid felt (and smelled) dirty, and Skullgrin's shell snorted in disgust at the salty rust smell of the liquid. "Skullcruncher and Submarauder make better choices for this." Skullgrin muttered to himself, as he waited for Octane to join him.

tahukanuva
2009-11-13, 01:17 AM
Sunstorm crossed his arms and turned to Huffer, "It seems that the area is not as secluded as we had thought. I'm going to move on in search of somewhere else to hide out. You don't seem to be in the best of shape. Hmm... Would you like to come with me until you're back in working condition? Or are you going to wait on those two to come back?"

Springer85
2009-11-19, 12:11 AM
Rust Sea

Octane transformed into robot mode again and looked at the sea. "Brrr... there goes the paint job..." Octane slowly walked into the rust sea. Joining Skullgrin, Octane said: "Let's get this over with as soon as possible. I'm sure Lord Gigatron wants this to be done as quick as possible."

Blackjack
2009-11-19, 10:12 AM
Rust Sea

"Skullgrin say paintjob not important now." the Pretender said to Octane as he waded deeper into the Rust Sea, before breaking into a dive/swim position when the ground gave way. "Need to find underwater base, that more important."

The Pretender began making his way towards the nearest coordinate that Jury Rig had pointed out, doing a rather sloppy version of dog-paddling.

Blackjack
2009-12-04, 02:56 PM
(OOC: -pokes dead thread with a stick- :poke:)

Rust Sea, Underwater

Skullgrin landed with nary a sound on the bottom of the sea floor. The Pretender's vision was limited; not this personality of Skullgrin cared. "Skullgrin think base is nearby-" the Decepticon began, before the shell split open, revealing Skullgrin's inner robot mode.

"Damn, but being trapped in a mind full of rage isn't my idea of 'fun'." Skullgrin muttered to himself, as headlights in his tank mode illuminated the large base sunken underwater. "Alright, Octane, Jury Rig. I think we hit jackpot. How do we get it up to the Tyrant?"

Springer85
2009-12-09, 09:10 PM
Rust Sea, Underwater

"I don't think we can use the tractorbeam This station is too heavy for that, but the Tyrant should be able to lift it out of the water," Octane said.

optimusskids
2009-12-09, 09:21 PM
Tyrant

Jury Rig responded

"you need to release th emagnetic clamps holding the station to the seabed. You'll need to find the control room."

Blackjack
2009-12-10, 07:16 AM
Rust Sea, Underwater

"Affirmative, Jury Rig." Skullgrin replied, and turned to face Octane, "You hear that? We need to find the control room. Shell- activate."

With the command, Skullgrin's shell phased out of subspace and enveloped the Pretender, and the Decepticon grunted as he walked on the underwater base. "Control room! Must find control room!" The Pretender growled, as he began to randomly open doors, hoping to go into said room.

As Skullgrin rounded a corner, a dark shape shot through the water and clamped two massive teethy jaws on Skullgrin's shoulder. The Pretender grunted with rage as he reached out with his other claw, tearing the round-shaped creature into two. Skullgrin's shell did not recognize it, but his inner shell did. A Sharkticon. Both minds decided on one thing: they had to fight.

"Octane! Enemy here!" Skullgrin's shell grunted. The inner robot jumped out of the Pretender shell, opening fire with his slagmaker cannons. "Sharkticons. Must be leftovers from the Quintesson invasion. Fascinating." The inner robot spoke, a stark contrast to the thuggish ramblings of the shell.

Springer85
2009-12-10, 04:03 PM
Rust Sea, Underwater

Octane readies his guns. "I lack the proper skill to fight underwater. Not to mention that it's murder on my paintjob, Skullgrin. However, I never shy away from any action."

With that, 2 sharkticons quickly made his way towards Octane, jaws wide open. Octane fires away at them and the first Sharkticon takes a full blast straight into the mouth. The other one managed to dodge Octane's attack and is heading straight for Octane's arm. If Octane doesn't act quickly, he'll lose his arm.

Blackjack
2009-12-11, 04:53 AM
Underwater Base, Rust Sea

Skullgrin's shell roared at the Sharkticon attacking Octane, before slashing down with his blade at the one heading towards the triple-changer's arm. "Not hurt Tanker-bot!"

Skullgrin's inner robot opened fire with his slagmaker cannons, which brightened up the murky seabed considerably as twin red-hot streams of heat slammed onto a Sharkticon's head. "How odd. These Sharkticons seem to be damaged. The Seacons must've ran into them before, or these are stragglers from the Reclamation. Either way, it makes this fight easier." Skullgrin grunted as a mace-tail slammed onto his back, cracking armour pieces off the Pretender. "Or not."

Springer85
2009-12-15, 01:40 PM
"Thanks!" Octane said to Skullgrin. "Seems like I owe you one."

Octane quickly returned the favor by blasting the Sharkticon that hit Skullgrin to pieces. "They're less durable than I remember them to be. Not that I am complaining. I want this mission to be over with as soon as possible. Let's make our way to the control room so we can get this thing floating up."

Blackjack
2009-12-16, 01:44 AM

Skullgrin smiled at Octane, gratefully smiling because of the help from the triple changer. "Nice shot." He said.

"While it is true that these Sharkticons are weaker, they are a hindrance to our mission. I propose that you and I find the control room while the other me cover our backs."

Skullgrin's shell growled, accepting his other self's plan. Brandishing his curved axe/blade weapon, the shell threw himself towards the school (?) of ragtag Sharkticons, hacking left and right. Skullgrin's inner robot ran well, not so much as ran as waddled towards Octane. "Let's go!"

Springer85
2009-12-26, 12:56 PM
Octane swims over to what seems to be an entry hatch. He's trying to open up the door by pressing a combination of numbers, but it doesn't seem to work. "Guess we'll have to do it the old fasioned way."

Octane aims his gun at the door and blasts it open. "Got to do some remodeling on this thing anyway. Let's Go Skullgrin."

Blackjack
2009-12-27, 06:16 AM

The Pretender nodded approvingly. "After rusting for so long under here, a remodel would be very fitting." Skullgrin followed Octane into the room, and hissed, "I do think this is the control room, yes."

"Now to find the panel that controls the magnetic clamps..." Skullgrin said, as he floated up to a console.

Springer85
2010-01-12, 12:13 PM

"This should be it,Skullgrin," Octane says as he point to 2 levers. "It seems that the levers need to be pulled simultaniously." Octane grabs hold of one lever and points to the other. "You grab the other one. On 3, we pull. One, two ..."

Blackjack
2010-01-13, 08:44 AM

Skullgrin nodded as he paddled over to the lever, and placed his hand on it, waiting for Octane to arrive on 'three'.

optimusskids
2010-01-24, 08:09 PM
Tyrant

Jury Rig opened a coms channel

"What progress Skullgrin?"

Blackjack
2010-01-25, 10:23 AM

"We think we've unlocked the magnetic clamps." Skullgrin replied to Detritus as he glanced at Octane. There was a distant rumble as said clamps unlatched themselves from the sea bed.

"Yup, that was it." Skullgrin replied. "The Tyrant is able to pick the Underwater Base up, yes?"

As he said this, Skullgrin's Shell waddled into the bridge, a Sharkticon's robot mode head hanging out of his jaws. Skullgrin sighed. "Spit that out this instant. Sharkticons could give me- us- a disease." the Pretender snapped. The shell whined, but obeyed nevertheless.

Springer85
2010-01-29, 11:04 PM

As the Underwater Base rose up to the surface, Octane opened the shutters that were in front of the windows. He spots the remaining group of Sharkticons that they were battling earlier. "Guess we'll never really be rid of those," he says to Skullgrin.

Blackjack
2010-01-30, 04:44 AM

Skullgrin's shell made an agreeable grunt at Octane's comment even as the Underwater Base began to rise up from the murky depths.

Dead bodies of transformers flaked off the edges of the base. Skullgrin frowned. "You know why they call this the rust sea? That's why." Skullgrin said, pointing to the seabed where rusted corpses of transformers were piled up high, just visible in the murky brown depths. "So many have died here..."

optimusskids
2010-02-06, 12:14 PM
Tyrant

Jury Rig opened a com link

"Got a tractor lock on the base whenever you're ready."

Springer85
2010-02-06, 03:29 PM

"This is Octane. We're ready and good to go."

Blackjack
2010-02-07, 11:06 AM

Skullgrin nodded as Octane commed Jury Rig, "What kind of weaponry do you think this base has?"

As he said those words, he dog-paddled towards what passed for a weapons console and began to study it. Skullgrin's shell waved his vibro-axe as it watched some Sharkticons swimming outside.

optimusskids
2010-02-13, 07:55 AM
Tyrant

Jury Rig manipulated some controls.

"Engaging Tractor Beam.....Now hold on tight."

The sub sea base started to move upwards as the Tyrant hauled it up out of the depths.

Blackjack
2010-02-14, 12:25 PM
Not-so-Underwater Base

Skullgrin clung onto a console as the Tyrant began to lift the Underwater Base out of water, red optics gleaming as he watched the base being lifted out of water. "Nice. Let's bring this thing home."

Skullgrin's shell, too simple-minded to understand the command, toppled onto his back when the Base began to shake.

optimusskids
2010-02-17, 07:21 AM
Tyrant

Jury Rig adjusted the controls as the base broke the surface of the sea

He opened a com link

"We have separation I'm going to tow you into orbit now."

optimusskids
2010-02-22, 05:22 PM
Tyrant

Jury Rig opened another com open the bilge valves and drain out any water that's seeped in then brace yourrself for passage through the atmosphere.

Springer85
2010-09-17, 06:19 PM
Stanix Border

Ruckus finally made it to the Border of Tarn where the air was radiation free and it nothing would interfere with his com systems. He wasn't not a happy 'bot right now. He knows that he's known for his toughness, but this was pushing it.

Some Solar Cycle's ago

After the shuttle was landed near Fort Scyk, Cyclonus, Roadblock, Barrage and others exited the shuttle and set out to search for the Matrix. Ruckus was left behind to guard the shuttle from anybody that might think of stealing it. Inside the shuttle, he would be safe from the radiation that covered most of Stanix.

When his fellow Decepticons vanished in the distance, Ruckus took place in the pilot seat and put his feet on the panel in front of him and leaned back. - Guard duty. Pfft. Great. - he thought then. It didn't take long however for mutated Cybertronians to find the shuttle and started to hammer on it. Ruckus jumped up from his seat and picked up his hand held blaster and triggered his heavy-duty rocket launchers that fire mercury tipped explosives. He opened up the shuttle's door and immediately started firing at the zombies that were attacking the shuttle. It had to be a dozen of them and Ruckus managed to take one out immediately with his first shot. He couldn't fire his rockets at close range. It would surely damage him also.

A mutated Cybertronian jumped on Ruckus' back and started to scratch his optics out and Ruckus tried his best to get him off his back, but with others advancing to him, he had to keep those at bay too. With his vision pretty much obscured, he tried to move away from the shuttle as much as he could. With enough distance between him and the shuttle, he could fire at random. Ruckus managed to take out 2 more of the zombies before the zombie on his back managed to sink his hand into one of Ruckus' optics and pulled it out. Ruckus yelled it out in pain and immediately retracted his rocket launches, crushing the zombie on his back in the process. Ruckus dropped down on his hands and knees. -Slagging zombies! - he thought.

Ruckus got back up on his feet and saw 4 zombies approaching him. Ruckus immediately transformed and headed on a collision course with the zombies. He rammed them with high velocity and ran over two of them, eliminating them in the process. He quickly transformed back to robot mode and immediately fired at the other two zombies, taking them out with headshots. - Exploding heads. My favorite kind.-

Ruckus looked around. It looked like that he cleared out any enemy, he forgot though, that there were still 2 zombies around. One was down, but grabbed one of Ruckus' leg. It startled Ruckus and distracted Ruckus long enough for the other zombie to take a good chuck out of Ruckus' chest, taking his Decepticon insignia in the process. -Argh! Fraggin' zombies! - Immediately, Ruckus grabbed the zombie by the head with both hands and crushed his head. The other zombie that was feasting on Ruckus' leg was just as lucky when Ruckus managed to break free and Ruckus gave him a stomp on the head, crushing his final attacker's head too.

Ruckus looked around him. There was no sign of any zombie near by and Ruckus decided to find shelter in a run down building close by. He hobbled over to it and sat down. It wasn't wise to sit where he was right now due to the radiation, but it was easier to take out any other zombie that wanted to destroy the shuttle from this position.

After a while, he saw that Cyclonus and the others had returned to the shuttle. Ruckus wanted to return to the shuttle too, but because they were being chased by Imperial soldiers, Cyclonus and the others made a break for it and left Ruckus behind.

Ruckus was now out in the open and with his fellow Decepticons gone, the Imperial Soldier turned around and spotted Ruckus. - Oh frag! - he thought. Zombies are one thing, Imperials are a whole different thing. Ruckus was up against five of them. It seemed that they weren't interested in taking prisoners as they immediately started firing at Ruckus. Ruckus fired back, but with the Imperial's blasters set to max, one of them shot Ruckus' blaster out of his hand, taking a few of his digits with them. The Imperials were running towards his position and Ruckus triggered his cannons. He wanted to fire, but his cannons were jammed! He had no choice but to fight them hand to hand.

The 5 Imperials formed a circle around him and Ruckus was boxed in. With no where to go, Ruckus started to taunt them, trying to make one of them go for the first move. One did, but since Ruckus had only one working optic, he couldn't see it coming. Ruckus was tackled and being held down with his back to the ground. Two Imperials started to pull on his left arm and eventually pulled it out of his frame. Ruckus screamed in pain and the Imperials started to laugh at him. As the all stood close to him, one of them waved Ruckus' arm in his face to mock him. "Slagging pieces of scrap! You dare laugh at me! I'm the toughest Spawn of a Glitch this side of the universe!" he yelled at them. As they kept laughing at him, he overrides his safety protocols for his rocket launchers and fired them at close range. A large explosion followed and the Imperial Troopers were blown to pieces.

Ruckus was out of it for a few kliks. When he finally came to, his rocket launchers were destroyed, his left arm was ripped off, one of his optics was pulled out, missing some of his fingers and his right leg had been used as lunch by a zombie. He could barely walk and with the radiation entering his systems, he needed to get out of Stanix as quick as he could. Unable to transform, he stumbled over to the border of Tarn, hoping the he wouldn't run into more of those crazy zombies.

Present

Ruckus crossed the Tarn border and fell down. He had used most of his energy he had left to keep the radiation poisoning at bay, but he was starting to run low. His systems were advising stasis lock to prevent loss of spark, but he had to override that command twice. He had enough energon left to keep him online for a few more mega-cycles. He needed to send out a distress signal though to let the others in Crystal City know that he was still alive. Sending out a distress call would greatly diminish his chances of survival, but he had to risk it.

"Kzzt .... this is Ruckus calling ... brrzztt ... Crystal City command ... tzzzt .... still functioning, but barely..... Only a few more cycles left .... brrrrrt... come pick me up .... at border of Stanix and Tarn .... get a fix on my location .....tzzrrrttt.... over."

Springer85
2010-09-19, 01:35 PM
Stanix Border

Barricade's transmission came in a Ruckus was relieved. Glad he took the chance to sent out a distress call to Crystal City for help. He hated asking for help, but with so many parts missing from his body he had no choice. -Great. Now I got to spend a Solar Cycle in the CR-Chamber. I hate that.-

Ruckus was leaking oil everywhere and he was hoping that they would hurry up with their rescue. -If I ever run into Cyclonus or those other guys that left me here, I'm gonna give them an ear full. Ear full of mercury rockets that is...- Ruckus snickered at the thought.

Springer85
2010-09-25, 01:40 PM
Stanix Border

Attention, energon reserve levels at 23%. Stasis lock advised.

Ruckus' diagnostics systems were warning Ruckus that he needed to shut down if he wanted to keep his spark, but Ruckus refused. He didn't want to be in stasislock so close to the border with Stanix. Not with those blasted mutants running aorund there. Not to mention the possibility of having Imperial soldiers walking around there. No, if he had to go out, he would go out fighting with the little energy that he had left. - Ngh. I hope they hurry up. Don't think I can last another cycle.. -

Subs
2010-10-03, 11:00 AM
In the air

Submarauder sat quietly in the passenger compartment and listened to Shuttle Gunner talk about his work with gestalt technology.

This ones smart. Young but smart. He'll do well if he can survive for long enough.

"Roger that." The Pretender replied after the Decepticon transport alerted him of their entrance into Tarn air space. After going through his own weapons check he turned to face the seat next to him. "Gravel, do you have your equipment ready? Ruckus might need immediate attention when we find him."

optimusskids
2010-10-03, 11:05 AM
In the Air

Gravel sighed.

"I am as always at a high state of readiness as is the duty of all competent Decepticon troops."

Warcry
2010-10-04, 11:04 PM
In the air

Shuttle Gunner decelerated precipitously and swept the area with his scanners, then made a sound that could best be described as 'vexed'.

"I'm reading sixteen Cybertronian life signs in the general area that we were told Ruckus could be found in. One of them is injured, and alone. The others are moving in discreet two- and three-mech teams. I'm going to make the educated guess that the solitary injured robot is our comrade. Who the rest are I can't say, but given the recent encounters in Stanix we could be looking at either mutants or Imperials. Settlers from one of the local villages are another possibility according to the datatracks I downloaded, and by all accounts they don't like visitors."

He looped around toward what he assumed was Ruckus's position. "I'm bringing us around for a closer pass on the solo life sign. If it's our man I'll bring us in for a landing. If not..."

The ambient noise in his cabin got a bit louder as he went weapons-hot and started charging his gamma rays.

Springer85
2010-10-09, 09:56 PM
Stanix Border

Attention! Energon reserve levels at 14%. Stasis lock advised.

Again, Ruckus overrid the command again. He refused to go into stasis lock when he wasn't sure if he was safe. Breaking away from his Imperial attackers would surely have attracked some attention and if he was going out, it wasn't going to be like this. Not without a fight.

He could hear a sound above him. With most of his energy rerouted to keep him functioning, he couldn't really make out where exactly the sound originated from or what it was, but it sounded like a shuttle.

Warcry
2010-10-09, 11:45 PM
In the air

Shuttle Gunner flew over the single life sign and cross-referenced what he found with the records he'd downloaded about Ruckus. They matched, more or less. A quick statistical analysis told him that the differences were within two standard deviations of the baseline scans, a significant difference but not completely out of line if he'd taken significant damage. There was an annotation on the Decepticon's file that said he tended to do exactly that, and had a very high pain tolerance that let him stay on his feet through a lot of punishment. Factoring in all of that, Shuttle Gunner ran a decision algorithm that told him that there was a 76.8% chance that they were looking at their target. Another algorithm determined that the margin of error was acceptable, so he said, "We've got him. I'm setting down."

He circled the area, losing speed and altitude with each pass until he finally touched the ground and rolled to a stop. His hatch slid open to allow Submarauder and Gravel egress.

Subs
2010-10-10, 08:32 PM
Stanix border area

Submarauder cautiously exited Shuttle Gunner and made his way to the nearist vantage point. With his Proton rifle at the ready he scanned the area for any visible threats.

"It's clear." The Pretender commed before he made his way back down to the landing area. "Shuttle Gunner. Which direction was the life sign reading coming from?"

Warcry
2010-10-11, 06:45 AM
Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner examined his sensor data, then considered three different ways of expressing it before he told Submarauder, "Northeast, about a hundred paces. There are possible hostiles close to his position."

Subs
2010-10-13, 06:19 PM
Stanix border area

"Right, you two follow up behind me. Shuttle Gunner, I know you're designed more for space combat than atmospharic flight but we'll need you to take to the air and provide fire support quickly if we encounter any trouble. Alright?"

Submarauder activated his comm as began making his way in the direction Shuttle Gunner indicated. "Ruckus... Do you read us.... This is your rescue party.... we are approaching your position now."

Springer85
2010-10-14, 12:55 AM
Stanix border area

Ruckus heard voices and heard noise over his comm, but couldn't make out if they were friendly or not. With his energon levels at such a low point, he was only 5 percent away from letting stasis lock commence. His vision blurred and his audio receptors not working a ful capacity due to firing his rockets at close range, the almost totalled bot decided to risk it. If they were unfriendly, they couldn't do much damage anyway.

"...Kzztt...," he voice crackled and could barely speak. "Is.. anybody .... krrrrt... there?"

Warcry
2010-10-14, 04:31 AM
Stanix border area

"Aye, sir," Shuttle Gunner acknowledged Submarauder's order. He closed up and took back to the skies once Gravel had cleared the hatch, spiralling up until he had gained enough altitude to use his gamma rays effectively.

He scanned the area visually but didn't see any of the unfamiliar mechs he was picking up on sensors. Rather than reassure him, that filled the young Decepticon with a creeping sense of nervous excitement, something that he'd never felt before. Not quite understanding what he was feeling, he had to run a series of analytical algorithms before he realized that he was, in fact, literally worrying about nothing. His logic circuits couldn't explain it, which left him with no adequate reason for the emotion.

Maybe Sandstorm will be able to give me some insight when I get back.

As he was gaining altitude, he picked up what he thought was a transmission...but with the radiation in the air from nearby Stanix, he couldn't make it out.

"Sirs," he commed to Submarauder and Gravel, "I'm picking up faint signals coming from the direction you're headed."

optimusskids
2010-10-14, 06:24 AM
Tarn Border

Gravel grumbled as he trudged after Submarauder.

"Do I look like a combat medic.... whats that over there."

Subs
2010-10-15, 06:10 PM
Stanix border area

"It's him!" Submarauder shouted to Gravel as he could now both see Ruckus nearby and hear his voice coming faintly over the comm.

The Pretender rushed over to the Triggercon's side and was overtaken by horrified surprise at the sight of Ruckus' mangled form. "Gr...Gravel. First aid now!"

Submarauder Turned his head to the sky, partly to get a fixe on Shuttle Gunner but also to avoid having to stare at the wounded Deception's rather disturbing state, and activated his comm.

"Shuttle Gunner. We've found Ruckus, or whats left of him anyway, have you detected any hostiles in the area that could be a problem for us. Out."

Warcry
2010-10-16, 05:50 AM
Stanix border area

"I'm picking up unknown signatures on my sensors," Shuttle Gunner told Submarauder, "but I can't see them. Either they're hiding, or very well camouflaged. Either way I wouldn't recommend staying here any longer than we need to. There's a chance that--"

He broke off as one of his sensors detected that he was being painted with a several low-power lasers. They couldn't damage him...but they would do a very good job of triangulating his position. He quickly calculated that the only logical explanation was that the beams in question were range-finding lasers built into the targeting array of a ground-based weapons array.

He accelerated and banked as hard as his unwieldy airframe would allow, and sure enough he detected a strong surge of heat on the ground followed by a stream of silver-blue bolts of energy shooting up at him. The bolts scythed through where he'd been sitting, then started to slowly track after him.

"Ion cannon," he told Submarauder. "About two kilometres southwest from your position. Do you see where it's firing from?"

optimusskids
2010-10-16, 08:16 AM
Stanix Border Aerea

Gravel harumphed

"He's barely worth saving but of course a mech of my undoubted skills should be able to at least stabilise hum."

Gravel kneeled fishing a med kit out of subspace and went to work.

Subs
2010-10-16, 11:22 AM
Stanix border area

Submarauder rushed over to a nearby vantage point, put himself facing southwest and switched his optical sensors to maximum magnification.

"I see them Shuttle Gunner." The Pretender could now see the stream of ion blasts eminating from what appeared to be an otherwise adandoned factory complex. "They appear to be very well entrenched i'm afraid. If I can get close enough I should be able to distract them long enough for you to get in close and take them out. But, if you can, it might be preferable if could just dodge their fire and come pick us up as we have no idea what sort of forces we're facing here."

Warcry
2010-10-17, 04:13 PM
Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner thought about that for a few seconds, but then he told Submarauder, "That wouldn't be advisable, sir. I can land easily enough, but taking off I'll have three times my usual mass. Shooting us down would be trivially easy."

He examined the general area again, then said, "if I may suggest, I don't need to get in close. I merely need about ten seconds of clear skies and a precise bearing on where they're located. If you could draw their fire groundward, sir, I should be able to take them out."

Subs
2010-10-20, 05:54 PM
Stanix border area

"Understood." Submarauder replied to Shuttle Gunner. "I'll Get in close and provide the necssary distraction. You keep yourself out of their sights. We can't afford to lose our transport."

Wonderful, I didn't plan to play hero this morning. And I'm gonna have to use this too.......

Suddenly, a tall blue humanoid figure flickered into existance besides Submarauder. The monstrous Pretender shell stood without moving flinching though it's organic nature was still somehow apparant. For one thing noticable scars, cuts, gashes and bruses were visible all over it's body.

"Gravel" The Pretender turned to the Decepticon. "I need to take care of that gun emplacement. I'll leave my shell here to protect you but be cautious as it's not at 100% capacity and i'm going to try and controll it from a very extreme range so it's not going to be overly responsive. So just try and make sure Ruckus is ready for transport as soon as possible."

Submarauder began makeing his way as fast as he could toward the gun site and it's unknown occupiers.

Warcry
2010-10-21, 02:51 AM
Stanix border area

Submarauder didn't get very far before someone noticed exactly what building he was paying attention to. He would be able to hear a distant shout and telltale smash of a breaking window. Moments later it was followed by the whump of a grenade launcher firing in the Pretender's direction.

Subs
2010-10-22, 01:46 PM
Stanix border area

Submarauder was thrown from his feet as the first grenade exploded by his side. He was flung into a nearby shell crater witch served to protect him from the further succession of grenade rounds which detonated all around him.

As the Pretender recovered he found himself at the bottom of the crater laying in a puddle of what was probably some sort of toxic liquid and covered with blackened scorch marks. With a cloud of smoke and dust now obscuring him from sight he rose back to his full height.

A grenade-sniper. Submarauder thought to himself. Now i'v seen everything.

The Pretender emerged out of the smoke brandishing his shield. He knew he was taking a risk. This technique was standard for deflecting projectiles in sub-aquatic combat conditions but to his surprise he had found a number of years ago that it was also effective at dealing with grenade launchers.

A second succession of grenade rounds now came at Submarauder but he simply deflected them one by one with his shield and allowed them to explode harmlessly nearby. This had been a big gamble as knew that if these projectiles had used a more sophisticated fuse mechanism he would probably be dead right now.

Eventually after pinpointing his target's position Submarauder deflected the last grenade right back the way it had come. The device exploded just above the window and hoping that the grenadier was stunned the Pretender let off several shots from his Proton rifle strait at the window.

Warcry
2010-10-23, 04:37 PM
Stanix border area

The grenade fire stopped short when Submarauder returned fire. The relief was short-lived, though, because within a few seconds he would find himself under fire from half a dozen different places...including the large rooftop ion cannon that had been menacing Shuttle Gunner.

"It would seem like you've got their attention, sir," Shuttle Gunner said without a trace of irony. "Give me about thirty seconds and I should have you clear."

Springer85
2010-10-23, 04:57 PM
Stanix Border Area

As Gravel was working on stabilizing his systems, Ruckus was still aware of the commotion going on around him. Turning his head to Gravel he said: "Get me out of this hell hole," with a crackling voice. He didn't want to saty in Tarn longer than he needed to.

Subs
2010-10-24, 06:24 PM
Stanix border area

Slag,slag,slag,slag......!

Submarauder dived for cover as a rain of weapons fire came down upon him. Sheltering within a doorway looked down at his scorched and twisted armor with distain.

I'm not a slagging one bot army here. This is rediculous! The Decepticon lamented.

"I read you Shuttle Gunner. You do your thing and I'll do mine." The Pretender peared out into the open again and began firing off shot after shot at the various enemy positions.

Warcry
2010-10-25, 05:47 AM
Stanix border area

"Aye, sir," Shuttle Gunner replied to Submarauder. He risked a few seconds of level flight, and when no one ventured to try and shoot him down he was able to compute a firing solution on the building that housed the unknown enemies' main weapon.

When he discharged his gamma rays, the transformers on the ground wouldn't be able to see anything unless they had their optics tuned to scan the very highest bands of the electromagnetic spectrum. Since no one who didn't operate in deep space would have much need for that, they probably wouldn't even realize that the building was under fire until all of the windows spontaneously exploded from a rapid increase in heat. Slightly less than five seconds after that the concrete and composites that made up the building's floors and walls started to melt, revealing structural supports that were glowing red-hot.

A more sustained bombardment could have vapourized the target completely, but there would have been little point when two figures sprinted out of the building, their green and grey armour making their allegiance all too obvious to anyone who was paying attention. The Imperials, badly burned and melted, fled from the scene as fast as they could.

Shuttle Gunner turned his attention to the other locations where their enemies had dug in...only to find that they'd all been abandoned. Not counting the two that he'd toasted, he could see ten unfriendlies fleeing and none brave enough to stay and fight. The other three were nowhere in sight, but the slowly-cooling patches of ground he detected suggested that Submarauder had killed them.

"I think we're clear now, sir," he said. "I'm coming in for a landing."

Subs
2010-10-29, 08:24 AM
Stanix border area

Submarauder had justed jammed another power pak into his rifle ready for another burst of suppression fire when he received Shuttle Gunner's communique.

"Wait, what?" The Pretender peared around from his cover and was surprised to see that no one was trying to blow his head off anymore. A further pear around let him see the weapon emplacement building off in the distance and it's warped superstructure. "Huh. Nice work Airman. I'll meet you at the landing zone shortly."

Before making his way back Submarauder walked over to a doorway where he was sure that he had scored a direct hit on one of his attackers. Sure enough laying there was the scorched remains of an Imperial trooper. Due to the notoriously pour armour quality of the Imperials the Pretender's proton shot had torn right through the trooper and had left little to indicate that this creature had ever been alive.

Submarauder did pick up a piece of what appeared to be chestplating though. It featured several markings some of which he recognized as indicating rank and unit. It seemed this Imperial was some kind of Squad or Platoon leader which was probably why the others had fled so quickly leaderless as they were.

After subspacing the charred armor plate The Pretender open up a comm for Gravel. "Gravel, I and Shuttle Gunner are returning to your position and preparing to move out. Are you and Ruckus ready to go yet?"

optimusskids
2010-10-30, 07:09 AM
Border Area

Gravel snorted

"you and me both."

He finished work

He replied to Submarauder.

"I have stabilsied him I've done all I can."

Warcry
2010-10-31, 02:56 AM
Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner fired his braking thrusters, taking care to point them away from Ruckus and Gravel. He slid to a stop, dropping his entry ramp and saying, "Ready to go, sirs?"

He kept his sensors hot while he was waiting, but on the ground he couldn't see nearly as far as he could when he was airborne.

Subs
2010-10-31, 08:29 AM
Stanix border area

Submarauder arrived just as Shuttle Gunner landed. He turned to Gravel and spoke. "Load up the patient as quick as you can. I'll keep watch until your aboard."

Submarauder walked over to his Pretender shell, which had left standing watch nearby, and reunited with it allowing it to encase his body and hoping it's regenerative abilities could help fixes his own battle damage.

optimusskids
2010-10-31, 09:44 AM
Border

Gravel transformed into dump truck mode and fired up his crane grab. It carefully manoeuvered to scoop up Ruckus. The cargo safetly onboard he reveed his way towards Shuttle Gunner.

Warcry
2010-11-01, 06:46 AM
Stanix border area

Shuttle Gunner's sensors pinged while he was watching Gravel hoist the damaged Ruckus up onto his cargo bed.

"I'm reading six life signs heading this way," he warned the others. "We'd better get out of here soon."

Subs
2010-11-01, 12:04 PM
Stanix border area
"I see them!" Submarauder called to Shuttle Gunner. "They're hostiles."

"Gravel! Get on board now!"

Springer85
2010-11-10, 10:57 PM
Stanix border area

Ruckus wasn't aware of anything. He had no idea where he was right now since his audio sensors and his optical sensors were functioning at minimal capacity. Trying to speak wasn't an option for him either as it would spent more energy than he could spare. He could only hope that he was going to be taken care of and transported to safety.

optimusskids
2010-11-11, 07:37 AM
Border

Gravel gunned his engine

"i'm coming as fast as I can I'm not exactly built for speed."

With a squeal of brakes and a smell of burning rubber Gravel shot up the entry ramp and then slammed on his brakes as his momentum threatened to carry him into Shuttle Gunners bulkhead.

Warcry
2010-11-12, 06:05 AM
Stanix border area

As Gravel came aboard, explosive shells started to hit the ground near the Decepticons' position. Shuttle Gunner lit up his main engines before his ramp even had a chance to close, buffeting his three passengers around the cabin as he gained altitude and the air started to get sucked out. When the ramp sealed shut, he banked hard to port to avoid a particle beam lancing up from the ground.

Shuttle Gunner returned fire with his gamma ray lasers, but moving at speed on a tangent away from the target he had approximately a two percent chance of actually hitting anything. He might force the Imperial gunners to keep their heads down, though.

When he wasn't immediately illuminated by another beam he thought they were home free...until he detected a targeting laser hitting his hull. Half a second later he detected distinctive chemical burns.

"We've got incoming anti-air missiles," he told his passengers. Tie Ruckus down and strap yourselves in, please, because the ride isn't going to get any smoother."

Subs
2010-11-12, 02:56 PM
Stanix border area

Submarauder helped Gravel to secure Ruckus down on the single medbed inside Shuttle Gunner's cramped passenger compartment before tying himself down into one of the seats.

"Airmen. I assume you have a way of getting us out of here."

Warcry
2010-11-13, 05:31 PM
Stanix border area

"I'm a gunner, sir," Shuttle Gunner told Submarauder, rather unnecessarily all things considered. "Not a transport pilot. I'm not trained in low-level evasion but I'll do my best." He refrained from going into detail, not wanting to tell his passengers that they had less than a 25% chance of getting out of this unscathed.

Shuttle Gunner calculated the incoming vectors for the missiles (nine in total), then dialled his guns down to minimum power and started to fire along their projected routes. His chances of hitting anything with any one shot were slim, but at low power his guns had a very fast rate of fire and with any luck at all he'd be able to take out at least one of the missiles.

It so happened that he managed to hit two of them, knocking one out of the sky and sending another careening off-course. Steering toward one of the gaps that he'd opened up, he pushed his engines past redline and said, "Hold on tight back there."

Warcry
2010-11-21, 07:46 AM
Stanix border area

It was close, alarmingly so, but Shuttle Gunner managed to blast through the incoming cloud of missiles without getting completely obliterated in the process. He kept his engines going at full burn and threw in just enough evasive patterns to avoid another missile lock, not wanting to take the chance that there were yet more enemies waiting in ambush for him.

"That's not something I want to experience again any time soon," he said, trying not to calculate just how lucky they'd been to survive. "We'll be back at the Fearless in one and a half breems."

Subs
2010-11-23, 09:01 AM
Stanix border area
Submarauder gave a sigh of relief as the group escaped from their attackers. "Excellant work Shuttle Gunner. You have our recommendations."

The Pretender turned to Gravel. "I assume that Ruckus is still stable?"

Warcry
2010-11-30, 04:24 AM
Stanix border area

"Thank you sir," Shuttle Gunner told Submarauder truthfully. "That means a lot."

He checked his GPS, then told them, "We're officially out of Tarn airspace, with no signs of further pursuit. I calculate a 94.8% chance that we've successfully evaded our foes. I suppose this counts as a job well done?"

(OOC: That was fun! Now back to the Crystal City thread we go! :) )