PDA

View Full Version : Claire's Accessories for Masterpiece Grimlock?

Auntie Slag
2009-11-01, 06:10 PM
I was in a Forbidden Planet shop today. In a glass cabinet alonside Masterpiece Thundercracker & Skywarp was a Masterpiece Grimlock (I presume), in Dinosaur mode.

He was wearing the helmet from the 'Grimlock's new brain' episode, but in addition he was also wearing a white apron, a little black bow tie and holding a silver tray with drinks.

Are these all standard accessories that come with this Grimlock? I thought it was excellent but was only aware of him being supplied with the helmet, and the gold crown from the Marvel G1 comics as an extra order-able feature.

It was excellent.

[Edit]Ok I really should have checked first, but the toy review confirms it all here (http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/mp_grimlock.php).

I love humour in Transformers. If they ever do a Masterpiece Magnus I hope he comes supplied with a Phil Collin's 'Against All Odds', and multi-million selling self-help book 'Feel the Fear & Do it Anyway'. Oh, and a flip-up panel on his left wrist revealing a digital clock so we can all tell just how long it is until Volcano!

And a bomb.

Clay
2009-11-01, 08:34 PM
Is he not adorable with the apron? If only he had a chef hat...

Halfshell
2009-11-01, 09:55 PM
I was in a Forbidden Planet shop today. In a glass cabinet alonside Masterpiece Thundercracker & Skywarp was a Masterpiece Grimlock (I presume), in Dinosaur mode.

Was it FP in Cambridge? Because I was admiring him in robot mode yesterday, and I quite like the idea that they're getting him out each day and transforming him.

ROTF Devastator looks ****ing atrocious, it has to be said. I'm tempted to write a review of the toy without ever having touched one.

Auntie Slag
2009-11-01, 11:03 PM
Yes it was the one in Cambridge. So they are transforming him for fun then? They also put Skywarp in various poses (though none particularly memorable), and had Devastator with his 'paws' up against the door of the glass cabinet for a while.

But the apron and the drinks were just magic.:swirly:

[Another Edit] Halfshell, have you ever heard of 209 Radio? They're a community station that broadcast to Cambridge but can also be heard on-line. Incredible playlist with the songs playing all the way to the end. One of the first times I switched it on I heard Aretha Franklin immedeately followed by trip-hop. As cool as Grimlock in his apron.

So **** 'Heart', you hear me Jamie Theakston? you and your dead-eyed cronies.

inflatable dalek
2009-11-02, 10:17 AM
So **** 'Heart', you hear me Jamie Theakston? you and your dead-eyed cronies.

You know Theakston likes it when you talk like that to him [allegedly]. The Forbidden Planet in Brum also likes to have fun with its TF toys by putting insanely marked up price stickers on them, the wacky kidders.

Auntie Slag
2009-11-02, 05:30 PM
You know Theakston likes it when you talk like that to him [allegedly].

Let's hope he doesn't go mistaking the toys & merchandise section for a place of ill-repute.

Spaceballs the flamethrower! That's what should come with Slag. Blonde wig and lipstick for Auntie Slag variant, mind. With Theakston thermo-sword repellant.

Summerhayes
2009-11-15, 10:42 PM
Saw one just like that at FP in Southampton.
I was too busy being offended by the price of TFs in there to actually acknowledge the amusement

Cliffjumper
2009-11-15, 10:47 PM
I can't actually go in the Southampton one. They have CCTV, and I'd rather not be done for assaulting someone.

Summerhayes
2009-11-16, 04:22 PM
Last time I went in there, there were some 13-year-old knobbers who had decided it would be funny to go in there and mock everybody. It was ironic, really, that they thought they were the ones with meaningful existences . . .
on the other hand, my girlfriend bought me a mario mushroom full of sweets plus there was a massive model Enterprise on the ceiling, so swings and roundabouts . . .

are they the sort you're talking about assaulting? or is there trouble with the staff?