PDA

View Full Version : Revoltech: Valkyries available for pre-order on BBTS.

Savannahtron
2009-12-18, 11:57 AM
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=Macross+Revoltech+Transformation

I'm a big fan of Macross, and these look like pretty neat versions of the VF-1S and The VF-1A and come with a display stand for all three modes.

I don't normally like to plug a vendor, but I have had really good business with Big Bad Toy Store over the last few years. I wanted other people to have the chance to see this and order and even though these are not Transformers, most people love Skyfire/Jetfire, which we all know was really just a Valkyrie in Autobot's cloths :)

Knightdramon
2009-12-18, 02:17 PM
Or you can go for Yamato's bigger, 1/60 perfect transformation versions.

I'm a huge macross fan myself, I handled those revoltechs [non transforming versions] and they weren't as nice as I hoped for...

Savannahtron
2009-12-18, 11:31 PM
I like the Yamato version of the VF-1J with S S armor http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00086. I bought that one a while back, but never displayed it.

So Revoltech is not that great? Never owned any Revoltech products. How is the quality compared to Yamato?

I am still thinking about picking up another VF-1J S S armor 1/55 (like Skyfire) because I just love the Valkyrie. Heheh, I'm such a Macross nub. :)

Knightdramon
2009-12-19, 01:06 AM
I started the VF-1 line with Max's 1S [DYRL version]. Even though it had a screentime of something like 3-4 minutes, it's still my favourite valk of my favourite character.

Revoltech products are not as hot as they appear to be. A lot of the parts of the figure[s] are made of rubbery plastic. Some parts [the strike parts on mine] do not clip in that well just because of that feature. The revoltech joints are hyper-glorified ratchet joints, and twisting them around to get a rotating wrist, for example, is much harder than it should be. Furthermore, the 1A model has the head laser permanently pointing forward, while the 1S model has a ridiculously tiny head.

Looks like I'm not a fan of the line :swirly:

At the moment I'm trying to complete my skull squadron trio from DYRL [Max 1S, kakizaki and hikaru 1A] with fast packs and maybe get a VE-1 [the elint seeker]. Yamato valks are pretty cool when you don't bother transforming them a lot-especially the YF-21 and SV-51 for display. I'm a few models shy of the whole line, mould-wise.

Never did handle a "chunky" by bandai, but if I ever find one for cheap, it's all mine!

Sunstreaker2
2009-12-19, 05:38 AM
I'm waiting on a VF-1J.

Since that would come in 3 color schemes...Unlike the VF-1A, which would only have two. Unless Miriya had a VF-1A as well...

Knightdramon
2009-12-20, 12:32 PM
I'm waiting on a VF-1J.

Since that would come in 3 color schemes...Unlike the VF-1A, which would only have two. Unless Miriya had a VF-1A as well...

They could get away with many, many more paint schemes for the VF-1A. There's 3 DYRL versions [the aforementioned Hikaru is one, two more for kakizaki and max] and if they dare to repaint it this time, 3-4 for TV versions as well. But it's probably not going to happen....

Sunstreaker2
2009-12-20, 04:07 PM
Well, the J and S are my favorites anyway, so nyeh.

Ackula
2009-12-20, 11:53 PM
So Revoltech is not that great? Never owned any Revoltech products.

I personally love Revoltech figures. Granted all I own are the Transformers ones, they are a load of fun to me. There is almost no pose you can't get them into. As a matter of fact, when I bought my Revoltech Convoy down in Orange County, my wife and I got stuck in a massive traffic jam on the way back up to central CA, and for over an hour we amused ourselves by putting Convoy in the most ridiculous poses we could come up with!