PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Weaving confirmed as "Red Skull" and first pics of "Thor"

Prowl1984
2010-05-05, 03:50 PM
http://marvel.com/movies/thor.thor

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.12326.captain_america_movie~colon~_red_skull_cast

Both films seem to be shaping up nicely. Good casting for both too

another tf fan
2010-05-05, 09:49 PM
...would that be Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen's Hugo Weaving?

Blaster
2010-05-06, 06:43 AM

Cause there are so many Hugo Weavings out and about...

inflatable dalek
2010-05-06, 07:17 AM

No, that would be The Adventures of Priscillia, Queen of the Desert's Hugo Weaving.

Halfshell
2010-05-06, 08:09 AM
He can growl as many "Mr Anderson"s as he wants, he'll never escape it.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-06, 09:19 AM
Yep, if even I- someone who's only seen that movie once ten years ago and couldn't now tell you anything else about it bar "Weaving in drag" still make that association first you all should.

Halfshell
2010-05-06, 09:32 AM
That's appalling. You should at least associate it with Guy Pearce and Terrence Stamp as well.

Auntie Slag
2010-05-06, 10:09 AM
Whatever you do don't watch 'Little Fish'; a pathetic drug-addiction movie that managed to rope in a bunch of well-to-do actors beguiling them into thinking they're making a worthy film.

Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving et al. WTF were they thinking? Even Hollyoaks handles drug addiction with more panache and subtlety.

Hollyoaks fer christs sake!

I weep for the fact that someone out there thought it was worth spending the money, time and talent to make this pretentious piece of wank. Wait for the Disney remake featuring Miley Cyrus as the addict.

The other day a friend was playing an Avril Lavigne CD in the car, and I wanted to destroy the entire car. This annoying little scotum faced tart whining about how hard life is. She's only 12.

I'd listen to her albums about pain and loss if she was airdropped into a terminal cancer wing in Beirut, and forced to live off the corpses of her dying band before she makes good her escape disguised in the pelts of cute fluffy animals whose mothers she killed for sustenance who equally would have killed her given the chance. Fled across ravaged streets of Umbako land fighting off equally lamentable air-dropped singers to an impassioned and pained freedom... and then released a double CD filled mostly with songs about the turmoil of living with her harrowing gangrenous leg and addiction to meow meow and whiskey (together), whilst thinking nothing of killing a nearby pigeon because its clearly in pain and has no forseeable way of leading a normal life (and she's very pragmatic about these things now)... probably because the pigeon bought and listened to one of her whiney-ass-**** CD's in the first place.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-06, 10:17 AM
That's appalling. You should at least associate it with Guy Pearce and Terrence Stamp as well.

Following The Time Machine I'm denying all knowledge of Guy Pearce.

And leave Avril alone Slag, as a paid up member of Transformers Fandom (as shown by her "More Than Meets They Eye" quoting) she's like a sister to you.

Auntie Slag
2010-05-06, 10:36 AM
By that logic that means I should love... Eric Holmes or Delbo. But I don't.

She's a bastard sister who needs to lose herself in the woods for a few years. She can associate with the fandom all she likes, but in my mind she has about as much value as someone whose been banned from this board for being an emotionally stunted dick who can't shoulder blame & resorts only to pathetic self-aggrandizing soliloquies to completely absolve themselves of anything they've ever done that's related to dick-ness.

'Cuz life's like this...

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-05-11, 08:13 AM
The other day a friend was playing an Avril Lavigne CD in the car, and I wanted to destroy the entire car. This annoying little scotum faced tart whining about how hard life is. She's only 12.

wow. where did that come from?

back on topic, im glad they are using the new thor costume. it looks pretty cool on him.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-11, 04:56 PM
wow. where did that come from?

His friend probably got it from a branch of HMV, or perhaps Woolworths.

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-05-12, 08:15 AM
or maybe zavvi? he could have asked for my avril lavigne albums if he really wanted them.

Halfshell
2010-05-12, 09:55 AM
Fun fact: Several Zavvi stores turned into clearance shops dedicated to getting rid of their old warehoused stock dirt dirt cheap. It was awesome.

Sadly they opted to use the name Head. Making it impossible to properly articulate my level of feeling towards the shops.

Got some absolute bargains, though.