PDA

View Full Version : AutoAssembly 2010 - new thread, new updates!

Clogs
2010-05-09, 11:39 AM
Hi and welcome to the first Auto Assembly 2010 news update. First, we'd like to thank all of you who have pre-registered for the convention so far. We're already on course to set a new European attendance record and if bookings continue to come in at the rate they are, we may even see this being the first ever complete sell out! What a way to celebrate Auto Assembly's 10th Anniversary!

We've got quite a few updates for all of you so without wasting any more time, we'll get on with everything...

Guests Update

2010 is certainly going to be our biggest year ever in terms of guests and we have not one, not two, but THREE guests of honour joining us for the convention!! First up, thanks to the generous sponsorship of the guys at www.transformersanimated.com

is the Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated, DERRICK J WYATT. Derrick will be with us all weekend to talk about his work on the show, and how he helped shape the look and feel of the series and some of it's most popular characters.

Next up is a man who needs no introduction.... From 1996 until recently, this man has been one of the stars of Transformers for well over a decade, providing the voice of Optimus Primal in Beast Wars and Beast Machines and then the voice of Optimus Prime in Armada, Energon and Cybertron. This achievement has made GARRY CHALK the most prolific voice of Optimus EVER in Transformers voicing the character for a staggering 14 seasons!

Our final guest of honour is Garry's co-star on Beast Wars and Beast Machines and one of the most versatile voice actors in the business today, SCOTT McNEILL. The voice behind Rattrap, Silverbolt, Dinobot AND Waspinator, Scott often says that his work on Beast Wars is that which he is most proud of and his passion for the series - and the fans - is something you will all soon share in!

Joining our guests of honour will be a stunning line-up of comic guests including many Auto Assembly and fan favourites - Simon Furman, Guido Guidi, Nick Roche, Simon Williams, Liam Shalloo, Kris Carter, Jason Cardy, and Kat Nicholson!

The Programme

We're putting the finishing touches to the programme right now which will be on the website soon, and we're getting pretty excited about it. We're cramming more into the weekend than ever before to the extent that some of the main programme items are having to overflow into the Alternative Programme room!

Every aspect of the whole weekend is going to be bigger and better than ever and we don't think that there will be a single moment that you will want to miss! Saturday night will have the script reading featuring Garry Chalk and Scott McNeill performing a new script written by Simon Furman, a show by our band Next Of Kin, our costume competition and LOTS more besides, we have FOUR guest panels, quizzes, displays, and something of an upgrade to an old favourite...

The Game Zone

The Game Zone is the new name for our video games area at the convention. In the past we have had one or two consoles running throughout the convention with one or two games running... but not this year! It's the 10th Anniversary of Auto Assembly and it's been 25 years since the first Transformers game was released so we wanted to do something special...

We are aiming to have as many Transformers games running as possible spanning this 25 year history and will have games dating back 25 years to the very first TF game on the Commodore 64 right up to War For Cybertron on the Playstation 3 and everything in between. will There will be games that many of you won't have seen for years, for some of the younger attendees, may have been released before you were born, and we are also hoping to showcase some of the rarer and more unusual imported games from America and Japan that never made it to the UK. And if for some unknown reason we can't have the game running, we will have them on display in a special TF video game showcase!

It's our goal to have at least 6 consoles and 3 hand-held machines running all weekend long making this the biggest games area ever!! We are talking to sponsors to get TVs sorted for this but if anyone can help, please let us know!

Auto Assembly 2010 Convention Exclusives

Once again we are working on some convention exclusives for all of you. We are producing another edition of the convention magazine, The Cybertronian Times, more keyrings, more of our great postcards, following the success last year we will be doing another mug and we are working on another rather special exclusive or two which we will be announcing VERY soon...

Bring A Friend...

As we said earlier, we're on target to beating last year's attendance figure but we want to do it in style and set this record, and maybe even sell out, from pre-registrations alone! If you have any friends who might be interested in attending, or who are planning on coming along but who haven't booked yet, please tell them about the convention. The more people who register and the bigger the convention is, the more we will be able to offer!

Auto Assembly Shop Now Online

After a short break, the Auto Assembly Shop is back online on the Auto Assembly website. We have a selection of back issues of some of our fanzines on offer, as well as keyrings with proceeds going to Auto Assembly 2010's guest budget and the programme generally. But that's not all... we also have copies of the 2009 Exclusive Comic, Gregg Berger's CD "Think Globally, Act Vocally" and the Auto Assembly official theme song "Transform" by Next Of Kin!!

To buy any of these or see what else we have on offer, visit the shop over at www.autoassembly.org.uk/AutoAssemblyShop.htm

Pre-Registration Survey

When you received your confirmation email, you will have received a link to a survey that we are running for all pre-registrants. If you haven't already completed this, please spare a few minutes to do it. All of the information we get from this survey is helping to shape Auto Assembly 2010 into the sort of convention that YOU want. It is already influencing our guests, the activities and - with your input - will even help to shape the type of products that dealers bring with them to the event!

You can find the survey here:- http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ho_2bX5MgsO9bpVQcwCa8B6A_3d_3d

and if you booked for more than one person, please get all of them to complete the survey as every opinion matters! All replies will be treated in the strictest confidence but you will need your registration number to complete the survey just to validate that you have pre-registered.

Passes / Information Packs

Passes and information packs will be shipping closer to the convention date. We are still waiting for more pass artwork at the moment and making the final decisions on artwork for this year's lanyards but once all of this has been sorted, we can start preparations to send all the packs out so you will receive your admission passes for the convention in plenty of time. We will endeavour to make sure that all important information that you need about the convention will be up on the website as soon as possible though.

Auto Assembly Youtube Channel Live

For those of you who don't know, we now have an official channel on Youtube for the convention. On there you will find all the latest news and announcements from the convention including our regular news videos, highlight reels from past Auto Assembly conventions, interviews and footage from Auto Assembly 2009 and it is the ONLY place online where you can see the script reading video from Auto Assembly 2009!! You can check out the channel here - http://www.youtube.com/autoassembly

and if you are an active Youtube user, why not subscribe and get updates as we add new videos!

Staying with our online presence and we are now also on Twitter! You can follow us at http://www.twitter.com/auto_assembly

If you have any questions about the convention, feel free to email us or pop over to our discussion forum at http://autoassembly.proboards.com

where we'll be only too happy to answer any questions or comments you might have about the convention and keep checking on the website for all the latest news and guest updates as well!

Anyway, we'll be back soon with another update but until then, thanks for booking and we're looking forward to seeing you all in August!

The Auto Assembly 2010 Team

Auto Assembly 2010 - 13th - 15th August 2010.
The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England

www.autoassembly.org.uk

- official Auto Assembly website
www.youtube.com/autoassembly

- official Auto Assembly Youtube channel
www.twitter.com/auto_assembly

- official Auto Assembly Twitter page
http://autoassembly.proboards.com

- official Auto Assembly forum

Clogs
2010-05-09, 11:40 AM
Inline Attachment Follows: AA2010 News Videos.txt
Auto Assembly - "And Here Is The News..."

Once again, Auto Assembly expands its online presence with the latest addition to its Youtube channel...

Auto Assembly, Europe's largest Transformers convention, has been continually looking for new and innovative ways to keep its attendees and would-be attendees informed of all the latest developments with the convention in an easy to digest manner. Through press releases, its own website, its forum, and its new page on Twitter, we are reaching out to more Transformers fans that ever before.

Now, we are adding another outlet for information on Auto Assembly! Every week or two, we will be uploading short news bulletins to the official Auto Assembly channel on Youtube. Each bulletin will last for around 3-5 minutes and will feature several short news stories covering some of the latest developments about the convention, most of which will be revealed before you hear them anywhere else!

The first bulletin is online NOW and you can watch it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hVth0WlOq4

Further videos will be uploaded every 1-2 weeks as we get more news and stories to announce. If you want to know when these videos are released, just subscribe to the Auto Assembly channel and get an email notification of every new video produced by Auto Assembly, which will also include exclusive convention footage and much more!

For more details on Auto Assembly 2010 which is taking place on 13th - 15th August 2010 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England - or to book your tickets, visit the website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

Web: www.autoassembly.org.uk
Youtube: www.youtube.com/autoassembly
Twitter: www.twitter.com/auto_assembly
Forum: http://autoassembly.proboards.com

Email: autoassembly@aol.com
Tel: +44 (0)7860 948296

Auto Assembly 2010 is sponsored by www.transformertoys.co.uk and www.transformersanimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Clogs
2010-05-09, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone,

While there are still over three months to go before Auto Assembly 2010 takes place, more information is being released about what is set once again to be Europe's biggest Transformers convention...

We are now pleased to unveil the programme for the weekend and the first outline details for the running order for the weekend is now available for viewing on the Auto Assembly website. While more events and programme items are being added to the event daily, this will show just what guests will be talking on each day, and what we have in store as part of our Saturday night line-up and what workshops will be taking place on each day.

For more specific information on some of the new things we are adding to the convention this year, check out the latest episode of our news videos on our Youtube channel here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzJZ7v-oiG8 and we think you'll agree that it makes Auto Assembly a convention that you won't want to miss!

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 11 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeill and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and so much more to be announced! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a party, a concert by rock band Next Of Kin (including a Transformers themed set with music from the 1986 animated movie!), costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and we still have a few more surprises in store...!

Because of the venue size, we are restricting attendance to a MAXIMUM of 550 people at the convention per day which can be made up of a combination of weekend and one-day attendees and once we hit that total we will be closing registrations so if you want to attend Europe's largest Transformers convention, you need to hurry and get your tickets now as we have already had over 300 pre-registrants so tickets are likely to be a complete sell-out!

Despite our running costs increasing for this year, we have frozen ticket prices from Auto Assembly 2009 and they are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. Single day passes are available at reduced rates but these are VERY limited.

For more details on the convention, to see a full list of all the guests and activities taking place over the weekend, or to book your tickets, visit the website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

We hope to see you all in August 2010.

Auto Assembly 2010 is sponsored by www.transformertoys.co.uk and www.transformersanimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Clogs
2010-05-09, 11:44 AM
...and that brings us up-to-date!

No doubt more to follow.

All you Britlanders: if you're coming along, I won't know until you tell me. Yes, I'll be on the Registration Desk, but I only know most of you by your on-line names, so do let drop me a pm.

We might be able to arrange a get-together?

Clay
2010-05-09, 12:06 PM
Can I come?

Savannahtron
2010-05-09, 03:45 PM
Clogs, are you David?

Anyway, great video. I'll have to come out that way one of these years, don't think I'll be able to make it this year.

Wildrider
2010-05-09, 03:48 PM
Haven't been since 2006 I don't think or was it 2005, it's really progressed since then!

Dalek and I did meet up, that was the last recorded TFArchive get together I can remember, I was considering coming this year, a full weekend of activities is ambitious! I wonder which day I should prioritise as I'm unlikely to make all three due to work commitments, maybe an over noght stay on the Saturday.

Looking forward to the TF themed rock band, Scott McNeil and Roche. Furman and Wildman are always good value too.

Will there be more transformer snacks? WILL THERE?!!!!:clap:

Clogs
2010-05-09, 05:35 PM
Will there be more transformer snacks? WILL THERE?!!!!:clap:

No news yet, but I'm hoping. Hell, Scraplet1 is praying! If you decide to book, let me know.

Clogs, are you David?

Nope, I'm Lola...

Can I come?

Clay, darling, if you're in the UK you will be most welcome!

Sades
2010-05-09, 06:56 PM
Though it seems to be nicely fitting in here, I hope no one protests if I move this to News for the front-page exposure.

I wanna go! But then, I always want to go to everything and never do. ;) Maybe another year.

electro girl
2010-05-09, 07:46 PM
I'm seriously considering going this year but none of my friends like Transformers so I'd have no one to go with but it all sounds so good decisions decisions.

Clogs
2010-05-09, 08:49 PM
I'm seriously considering going this year but none of my friends like Transformers so I'd have no one to go with...

No, but there will be oodles of people you can talk to - and me - and the Scraplets - and maybe some others from here...

:up:

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-05-09, 10:16 PM
im definetly going. my tickets in the post.

Cliffjumper
2010-05-09, 10:31 PM
The lack being able to smoke probably ends this one for me. Plus me in a room with Transformers fans = not good idea.

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-05-09, 10:34 PM
im sure you would get on well with everyone. You do here.

electro girl
2010-05-10, 03:58 PM
So if I do go the plan is this; Friday drive from Lake Distsict to Hull, unpack then repack travel bag, sleep. Saturday drive to Birmingham in the morning (Whats parking like?), attend convention, stay at travel lodge. Sunday attend remainder of convention, drive back to Hull, die.

Just found out yesterday that it's been decided that me and my friends jaunt to the lakes overlaps the convention a bit so that + still no job + massive fear of being on my own in new situations is making it even less likley I'll be going even though I really want to, there's always next year but I said that last year and the year before so I feel like I'm missing out. GAAARRHH why can't this be easy?

inflatable dalek
2010-05-10, 05:28 PM
Must get round to booking up, just got to sort out some jiggery pokery at work to get the Sunday off first.

I can recommend it fully though, if you're there for the guests I've never had a bad experience yet and they're usually friendly decent people, if you're there for the stalls they're usually pretty decent as well. Me, having done all that, I go to stand at the bar chatting and that's usually pretty fun as well.

Denyer
2010-05-10, 05:36 PM
One of these years maybe they'll be in a big enough venue to do walk-ins for people who're just going to meet up and buy a bit of tat.

Not that there's anything wrong with catering to the hardcore; there are a reasonable number of generic comics and collectibles conventions already.

Clogs
2010-05-11, 12:18 PM
Denyer: I'm not sure if we'll need a bigger venue, just a being bigger. With something like AA, it's absolutely essential to cover overheads before it's even run and relying on people arriving on the fly would just be too nerve-wracking, my dear.

We'll stick to hardcore and hard cash. As you note, there are lots of other meets for people to walk in on the day.

Clogs
2010-05-18, 09:25 PM
Auto Assembly 2010 News Update Episode 5 Released...

Even though an incredible amount of information has already been announced about Auto Assembly 2010, Europe's largest Transformers convention, we are not resting on our laurels and we are back with another announcement to keep all our attendees up-to-date on all the latest developments with the convention and to hopefully persuade some of you who are still undecided about what con to attend this Summer...

Episode 5 of our series of news videos is now LIVE on Youtube and you can check it out here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhMXE-KpipI

In this week's show, we have details of the latest news on dealers tables at the convention, ticket sales, our new Costume Competition, and much more besides! If you want to know the full details, you'll just have to watch the video and find out for yourselves!

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 11 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeill and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and so much more to be announced! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a party, a concert by rock band Next Of Kin (including a Transformers themed set with music from the 1986 animated movie!), costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and we still have a few more surprises in store...!

Because of the venue size, we are restricting attendance to a MAXIMUM of 550 people at the convention per day which can be made up of a combination of weekend and one-day attendees and once we hit that total we will be closing registrations so if you want to attend Europe's largest Transformers convention, you need to hurry and get your tickets now as we have already had over 325 pre-registrants so tickets are likely to be a complete sell-out!

Despite our running costs increasing for this year, we have frozen ticket prices from Auto Assembly 2009 and they are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. Single day passes are available at reduced rates but these are VERY limited.

For more details on the convention, to see a full list of all the guests and activities taking place over the weekend, or to book your tickets, visit the website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

Auto Assembly 2010 is sponsored by www.transformertoys.co.uk
and www.transformersanimated.com
whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Clogs
2010-05-22, 12:05 PM
Auto Assembly has expanded its on-line coverage once again and joining its website, Facebook and Youtube presence is our new account on Twitter! We'll be updating our Twitter feed every day with all the latest news and mini-updates on the convention as well as our general thoughts and comments on Auto Assembly 2010 and past events and anything else to do with Transformers!

We'll be checking the account constantly every day so you can use it to post questions about the conventions to us at any time and to start things off we'll be holding a LIVE Q&A session this Sunday evening (14th March) at 11:00 pm GMT so you can put your questions to us and get immediate answers! If you can't make it, feel free to post questions earlier in the day and we'll answer as soon as we log on for the Q&A. Naturally, we'll answer questions at any time, but we wanted to celebrate the launch of this new service with a chance to chat to everyone in this live setting.

You can find our Twitter page at http://www.twitter.com/auto_assembly and it will only take a second to become one of our followers. If you don't already have a Twitter account, it will only take a few minutes to sign up for your own free micro-blog of your own!

We will be making some rather big, exciting announcements on our Twitter page and Youtube channel soon about Auto Assembly 2010 that you won't want to miss out on and Twitter followers will get to see all of this FIRST as every video and announcement will be linked straight away!

Auto Assembly 2010 is going to be our biggest and best Transformers convention yet. We are going to celebrate Auto Assembly's 10th Anniversary in style and run the best Transformers event that Europe has ever seen! Over the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 we will be bringing you AT LEAST three guests of honour (Garry Chalk and Derrick J Wyatt are already confirmed), a massive Saturday evening programme with a party, live band, costume competition and loads more, toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, video games area, workshops, dedicated children's programming, video screenings and so much more!

All this will be taking place at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England. Tickets for the weekend are on sale now through the website for 45 for the weekend for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Single day passes will be made available for sale closer to the convention.

Forum: http://autoassembly.proboards.com/

inflatable dalek
2010-05-22, 12:13 PM
Is this an old update or is the 14th March date for the Twitter chat wrong?

Cliffjumper
2010-05-22, 12:44 PM
=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

=-/o

=-\o

=-|o

Clogs
2010-05-22, 03:02 PM
Yup - in case it was missed by anyone who is a Twit... er... I mean Twitters :)

inflatable dalek
2010-05-22, 03:59 PM
I have no idea what cliffy's post means.

NightHawk
2010-05-22, 07:43 PM
I have no idea what cliffy's post means.

Tilt your head to the right, you may see people hand in hand

Clogs
2010-05-22, 08:19 PM
Scroll down fairly sharpish and you'll see a Mexican wave... sorta, because none of the stick men is wearing a large hat...

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-05-29, 09:43 AM
i finally got confirmation that i am going to get a ticket. so it looks like ill be going.

Clogs
2010-05-29, 10:16 PM
Make yourself known to me at the Registration Desk, yes? I'll be the one with the purple fringe and tinted specs... :D

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-05-30, 02:12 PM
I'll be the one in the transformers t-shirt.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-30, 03:44 PM
I'll be the hot woman in the Starscream cosplay. Come say hi by pinching my arse.

Clogs
2010-06-03, 10:25 AM
Things may have been quiet for a couple of weeks for Auto Assembly apart from a few small announcements through our website. We have been busy behind the scenes continuing to work on processing bookings, preparing for the launch of our Non-Attendee Package and working on the first of this year's convention exclusives which we are now proud to announce...

Following the success last year of our convention exclusive comic, we are once again working with IDW Publishing and we will have another convention exclusive variant cover of a forthcoming Transformers book from IDW. This year, we are working with Transformers dealer Toyz And Gamez (www.toysandgamez.com

) who are helping to make the comic a reality. The book is going to be Issue 9 of IDW's ongoing Transformers comic and our convention edition will feature a new cover with artwork from Nick Roche and colours by Liam Shalloo, both of whom will be in attendance at Auto Assembly 2010, as will the comic's main artist Guido Guidi!

The comic will be on sale all weekend from the Toyz And Gamez table and will also be part of the Non-Attendee Package which will be on sale shortly. If copies remain after the event, the comic will also be sold online afterwards.

Visit the Auto Assembly website now at www.autoassembly.org.uk

to see a preview of the cover or to book your tickets for the convention or learn more about the event which is already shaping up to be the biggest Transformers convention that Europe has ever seen!

whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Auto Assembly 2010 is also sponsored by:-

Science Fiction Collectables - www.sf-collectables.co.uk

Toyz And Games - www.toyzandgamez.com

Halfshell
2010-06-03, 11:01 AM
The lack being able to smoke probably ends this one for me. Plus me in a room with Transformers fans = not good idea.

You're just scared of having a good time and realising that you're as big a geek as the rest of us.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-03, 11:08 AM
Yeah, he'd probably be all like "Oh Mr. Wildman! I'm your biggest fan, loved the War Within stuff. Can I touch you?"

Halfshell
2010-06-03, 11:46 AM
If things were to go exactly as expected, not being able to smoke wouldn't be an issue, as he'd be escorted from the premises within five minutes for shouting abuse at Simon Furman.

Or alternatively he'd just smile politely, get a comic signed and then wander off to the dealer rooms to vent his righteous fury at the prices.

Cliffjumper
2010-06-03, 12:53 PM
You're just scared of having a good time and realising that you're as big a geek as the rest of us.

I'm a bigger geek than all of you put together. Most of you pootle around with your one transforming toyline, whereas I'm obsessed with about forty. The dealer room would be a killing zone for me because it'd be full of one-eyed morons who'd see a Voltes V and think it was a knock-off of Dai Atlas or something and mark it as a fiver.

Also, I'm fairly sure you don't have to compliment Andy "Andrew" Wildman to be allowed to touch him. You just have to ask Furman's permission. Nah, I'd probably be nice enough to them, there's something inside me that stops me from being as horrible to old and/or homeless people as much as they really deserve (everyone else gets their share).

inflatable dalek
2010-06-03, 01:46 PM
Poor old Alex Milne just joined the ranks of the homeless you know. He lost it to Pat Lee in a game of find the lady. True story.

[Yeah, Alex Milne and Pat Lee shamelessly mocked in the same post. I'm so hardcore I've got identical Swedish twins in me.]

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-06-03, 03:00 PM
[Yeah, Alex Milne and Pat Lee shamelessly mocked in the same post. I'm so hardcore I've got identical Swedish twins in me.]

Say "Hi" to Lars and Erik for me. :wave: :wave:

inflatable dalek
2010-06-03, 03:28 PM
Say "Hi" to Lars and Erik for me. :wave: :wave:

They're waving their free hands back.

Clogs
2010-06-03, 09:39 PM
...there's something inside me that stops me from being as horrible to old () people as much as they really deserve (everyone else gets their share).

I shall hold you to that ;)

Clogs
2010-06-12, 12:01 AM
Ticket sales for Auto Assembly 2010 are doing incredibly well and we are on target to break all attendance records again for a European Transformers convention as fans join us to celebrate our tenth anniversary year...

We do appreciate that there are many of you who would love to be able to attend the convention but can't attend either because of distance, personal circumstances or commitments, financial constraints or simply those of you who are unable to get time off work so once again we are offering a non-attendee package which will allow you to get involved in the convention and get your hands on all of this year's convention goodies and a whole lot more besides...

The Auto Assembly 2010 Non-Attendee Packages are 70 for anyone living in the UK and 80 for the rest of the world and are fully inclusive of shipping costs. While these are more expensive than passes for the convention, we think they offer exceptional value for money. Why? Well, each non-attendee pack will get you:-

* A Personalised convention pass with your own ticket number
* The FULL Auto Assembly goodie bag containing a wide range of gifts (the earlier your ticket number, the more gifts will be in your bag. Visit the website to see the full details of what's on offer this year!)
* Entry into all of the Auto Assembly 2009 Pre-registrant prize draws
* The Cybertronian Times Issue 11, signed by ALL our convention guests
* IDW's Transformers Issue 9 convention exclusive variant cover comic
* Auto Assembly 2010 convention exclusive mug
* Auto Assembly 2010 Swindle keyring
* Auto Assembly 2010 Rattrap keyring
* A personalised sketch from a random Auto Assembly 2010 comic artist guest
* Three additional Auto Assembly 2010 fanzines from Transmasters UK
* The Auto Assembly 2010 Pre-Registrant CD-ROM
* A copy of the Auto Assembly official theme song, "Transform" 4-track CD single
* Ten entries into the Auto Assembly 2010 charity raffle
* Proxy bidding rights for the Auto Assembly charity auction

And more surprise items! To see more details of some of the items in the goodie bag, you can see a full list, including an exclusive first look at this year's convention exclusive postcards, on the Auto Assembly website.

This is the best non-attendee package we have EVER put together and is an ideal way for you to get involved with the convention if you can't make it this year and potentially your ONLY chance to get this year's convention exclusive comic which features cameos on the cover from our guests of honour Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt!

Once you have paid your 70 (or 80 if you live outside the UK) there is nothing more to pay. The only additional charges are for additional postage charges that may be incurred should any competition prizes be won that we may need to ship, or relevant amounts for any auction items that you may win.

We do admit that we had some difficulties with our packs for AA2009, but we have managed to resolve all of these so we won't experience the shipping delays that we had last time. We will have most of the content ready to ship well in advance of the convention itself with just the autographs and final few items being collected over the weekend itself with the packs being shipped a week or two after the convention.

To purchase your non-attendee package, visit the Auto Asembly website NOW! If you are able to join us, full weekend tickets are available and are 45 for adults and 35 for children/students/senior citizens with under 5s being FREE. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are just 145 saving 15. Limited numbers of single day passes are also available starting from 18. Don't miss out on your chance to be a part of what is going to be a great weekend for Transformers fans everywhere!!

For more details on the convention taking place over the weekend of 13th-15th August 2010 in Birmingham, England, to see a full list of all the guests and activities taking place over the weekend, or to book your tickets, visit the website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

Toyz And Games - www.toyzandgamez.co.uk

Clogs
2010-06-17, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the latest Auto Assembly 2010 Update!! It's hard to believe that we're just over 2 months away from the convention now, but even with the convention being this close, we still have loads more surprises is store for you all and we are still working away to make this year's convention bigger and better than ever!

Passes
Some of you have asked us when you will be receiving your tickets for the convention. Well, the passes are in production at the moment and we have done about 50% of them so far and the order is in for this year's lanyards so when they arrive we'll start to ship the passes and Information Packs out to you all.

The Information Packs will be a little different this year, arriving on CD-ROM. The Information Pack will be on there in a larger magazine format with all the essential convention information that you need along with additional articles and original fiction! The disc will also contain copies of all of this years competition forms, volunteer forms, and a couple of bonus freebies on the disc - free digital copies of some of our older fanzines and some PC software!!

Convention Exclusive Comic
As with Auto Assembly 2009, we have another convention exclusive comic being produced for us by IDW! This time we are being treated to a convention exclusive cover variant of Transformers #9 featuring artwork by Nick Roche and colours by Liam Shalloo. Produced in conjunction with Toyz and Gamez (www.toyzandgamez.co.uk), the comic is limited to a print run of just 1,000 copies.

Auto Assembly 2010 Non-Attendee Package
Got any friends who are interested in Auto Assembly 2010 but who can't make it this year? We know that not everyone will be able to join us at the convention, but may still want to get involved or want to get their hands of some of the convention exclusives or other goodies. Well, once again we are offering a Non-Attendee Package. We feel that this is our best pack ever and offers incredible value for money for just 70 for UK residents and 80 for the rest of the world inclusive of postage / packing and the pack contains the following:-

* A Personalised convention pass with your own ticket number
* The FULL Auto Assembly goodie bag containing a wide range of gifts (the earlier your ticket number, the more gifts will be in your bag. Visit the website to see the full details of what's on offer this year!)
* The Cybertronian Times Issue 11, signed by ALL our convention guests
* IDW's Transformers Issue 9 convention exclusive variant cover comic
* Auto Assembly 2010 convention exclusive mug
* Auto Assembly 2010 Swindle keyring
* Auto Assembly 2010 Rattrap keyring
* A personalised sketch from a random Auto Assembly 2010 comic artist guest
* Three additional Auto Assembly 2010 fanzines from Transmasters UK
* The Auto Assembly 2010 Pre-Registrant CD-ROM
* A copy of the Auto Assembly official theme song, "Transform" 4-track CD single
* Ten entries into the Auto Assembly 2010 charity raffle
* Proxy bidding rights for the Auto Assembly charity auction

And maybe a few other surprises...! You can order yours NOW by heading over to the Auto Assembly website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

so let your friends know now!

Ian James Corlett Pitches For New TV Show
We recently had a message from last year's guest of honour Ian James Corlett about a TV show he is currently pitching to the Oprah Winfrey Network. He has asked if we can show our support to help him get this show onto the air by watching the promo video here http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=3824&promo_id=1
and voting for him! Click the link and vote as many times a humanly possible. Ian has let us know that there is a tech glitch on the OWN site that affects the audio at the beginning of the interviews. They know about it and are trying to do something. If you click to the end, then go back - it seems to work.

NordCon 2010 This Weekend, 19th-20th June in Aalborg, Denmark!
Our friends at the NTFA (Nordic TransFans Association) have sent us an update about their forthcoming convention this weekend in Denmark which is shaping up to be something pretty special an is worth checking out if you're able to get over there.

Main features:

* Guest of honour: Simon Furman! Mr. Furman will be at the convention the whole weekend, answering questions, signing autographs, doing a presentation, guest panel, and he will also be selling the script to the unpublished War Within: Age of Wrath #4 comic!
* NordCon's exclusive Headrobots Mixcoatl figure!
* Gigantic dealer tables, featuring everything from sealed G1 toys all the way up to the newer toylines!
* Exclusive Hasbro videos and a Hasbro 2010 product preview!
* Six different contests with a grand total of over 100 different prizes, including toys, kitbashing tools, signed
exclusives, DVDs, magazines, Auto Assembly keyrings, and more!
* All attendees will receive a set of the exclusive Auto Assembly 2009 postcards, an exclusive Reprolabels
sticker sheet, War for Cybertron double-sided poster, a War for Cybertron "behind the scenes" DVD, and a 10% discount voucher at the Maccadam's old Oil House eBay store for as long as supplies last!
* A display of rare and unusual Transformers items!
* The NTFA Repository, a selection of unique items from the history of the NTFA and past conventions!

For more information, updates, and registration, visit http://www.nordcon.net

Competitions
We're going to be running our usual range of competitions over the convention weekend and a few new ones as well... As well as the usual writing, art and kitbash competitions, we'll also have the first ever OFFICIAL costume competition to be held at Auto Assembly and this will culminate in a parade / show on the Saturday evening judged by Derrick J Wyatt!!

We'll also have special children's competitions, quizzes and a team quiz running all weekend. Entry forms are going up on the website now so why not pop over and take a look...!

A Night Of Music...
Once again we are having another big party on the Saturday night which is for weekend attendees only. As part of this big night of entertainment we will have our script reading featuring a BRAND-NEW story performed by Garry Chalk and Scott McNeil and written by Simon Furman, our costume competition, our band Next Of Kin and something extra...

Garry Chalk will be taking to the stage with his guitar to perform some songs (Garry is an accomplished blues singer / guitarist) and Scott will also be on stage joining Next Of Kin on vocals for a few songs!! Do you really want to miss this?!

The Cybertronian Times Issue 11
As you know, we produce a magazine for the convention every year, The Cybertronian Times. This year is going to be our biggest and best issue ever. As well as all the usual articles, features and fiction we have a couple of great highlights. Inside is a massive 20+ page comic strip by Ed Pirrie starring Rattrap and set in the G1 era featuring colours by IDW colourist Liam Shalloo!

If that wasn't enough, the magazine will feature a stunning piece of cover art by Guido Guidi with colours again by Liam Shalloo.

If you haven't already pre-ordered a copy, you can still do so through the booking page on the website or alternatively just pick up a copy from the convention itself while stocks last but we expect this issue to be a complete sell-out!

Pre-Registrant Prize Draws
As with previous years, we will be running some FREE prize draws for everyone who pre-books for the convention! All you need to do to enter is buy a normal or Non-Attendee ticket for the convention (which you've obviously done already!) and you'll be in with a chance of winning some great prizes including free passes for Auto Assembly 2011!

If we get enough pre-registrations, we are looking at an incredible first prize which we'll announce in the next update...

Bring A Friend...
We mentioned last time about tickets selling well but we can't stress enough that if any of your friends want to attend Auto Assembly 2010, then they really need to pre-register! We are now at the point where we were in mid-July last year and at this rate, we will almost certainly sell out of tickets BEFORE the convention takes place. Now that you've booked your ticket and if you've been to Auto Assembly before, know what to expect, why not encourage your friends to come along too and join in the fun! As we have said before, the more people who register and the bigger the convention is, the more we will be able to offer!

That's it for this update, but if you have any questions about the convention, feel free to email us or pop over to our discussion forum at http://autoassembly.proboards.com

where we'll be only too happy to answer any questions or comments you might have about the convention and keep checking on the website for all the latest news and guest updates as well!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope to see you there in August!

www.autoassembly.org.uk

Clogs
2010-06-19, 09:52 PM
If you haven't already bought your ticket yet, there are now just under eight weeks to go until Europe's largest Transformers convention, Auto Assembly 2010 and tickets are selling FAST!!

This year is going to be bigger and better than ever with our most exciting programme of activities and guests yet. The convention is taking place between Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England.

As always it will be a packed weekend featuring guest panels, toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, our new Game Zone showcasing 25 years of Transformers video games from the first ever game released for the Commodore 64 right up to War For Cybertron with almost every game being playable over the weekend, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and so much more to be announced!

There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a party, a concert by rock band Next Of Kin (including a Transformers themed set with music from the 1986 animated movie!), musical performances by Scott McNeil and Garry Chalk, costume competition, and our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and we have a few more surprises in store...!

We believe that this is our best guest line-up ever for Auto Assembly. We have three guests of honour for the convention - Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt and no less than 8 comic guests - Simon Furman, Nick Roche, Guido Guidi, Simon Williams, Liam Shalloo, Kris Carter, Jason Cardy and Kat Nicholson and all our guests will be signing autographs and available to meet fans all weekend and each will take to the stage for a Q&A session during the convention. Most of our comic guests will also be sketching for attendees.

Because of the venue size, we are restricting attendance to a MAXIMUM of 550 people at the convention per day which will be made up of a combination of weekend and one-day attendees and once we hit that total we will be CLOSING registrations so if you want to attend Europe's largest Transformers convention, you need to hurry and get your tickets now as we have already had just under 400 pre-registrants! With an estimated total allowance of 625, and us about to enter our bookings "rush period", you need to book sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment!

Despite our running costs increasing for this year, we have frozen ticket prices from Auto Assembly 2009 and they are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. Single day passes are available at reduced rates but these are VERY limited and start from just 18 but these are selling fast and we now only have TWENTY Saturday tickets remaining. If you can't make it, we have our excellent Non-Attendee Pack with prices starting from 70!

For those of you planning on attending from outside the UK, it's a lot cheaper than you might think... with the current state of the pound, many currencies are faring quite well at the moment and flights to the UK are not too expensive. For example, if you are travelling from the USA, you could cover your flight, registration AND hotel accommodation for under $1,500!!

Summerhayes
2010-06-22, 03:42 PM
I managed to talk my bird into coming, so attendance might actually be an option!
Huzzah!

I haven't been to many conventions. She's been to loads. And still people think I'm the nerdy one!

Clogs
2010-07-06, 10:48 PM
We are well into the convention season now... Botcon and Nordcon are over for another year, TFCon is just a few short weeks away (good luck, guys!) and has just closed pre-registrations, C.O.N.S in Germany is taking place at the end of the month and Auto Assembly 2010 is fast approaching in under six weeks time and once again is on target to be Europe's biggest ever Transformers convention...

Interest in Auto Assembly is higher than ever with bookings coming in at a fantastic rate. There are more first-time attendees than ever before joining us in our tenth anniversary year, but if you are planning on coming along for your first Auto Assembly convention, are thinking of making an overseas trip for your first international event, or if you are a regular who just hasn't booked yet then we'd recommend that you hurry now as we have now released the booking deadlines for this year to guarantee your places before the convention sells out!

So, if you haven't already booked, there is still time, but in order to ensure that everyone receives their passes ready for the convention, we have set the following cut-off points for you to pre-register for Auto Assembly 2010 or to order your Non-Attendee Packs should you be unable to make it to the event in person:-

UK online bookings - 10:00 pm GMT, Monday 9th August 2010
UK postal bookings - Monday 2nd August 2010
International online bookings - 10:00 pm GMT, Monday 2nd August 2010
Non-Attendee Packs - 12:00 noon GMT, Wednesday 11th August 2010

Yes. tickets for the convention are selling fast! There are plenty of full weekend passes still available and one day passes for the Sunday - one day Saturday passes are almost sold out! With ticket sales doing so well, booking now or getting a Non-Attendee Pack could be your only way of getting this year's convention exclusive comic - the convention variant cover of IDW's Transformers Issue 9 with new cover art by Nick Roche and Liam Shalloo, produced for the convention by Toyz And Gamez (www.toyzandgamez.co.uk)

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 11 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated children's programming, video screenings and more! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and we still have LOADS more to announce...!

and www.transformersanimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Clogs
2010-07-09, 10:19 PM
Tickets for Auto Assembly 2010 selling at an incredible rate. We have just entered our "rush" period for the convention and while we are still five weeks away from the event, it is clear that we are well on target to shatter the European attendance record for a Transformers convention...

In fact, tickets have been selling so well that we have now SOLD OUT of our allocation of one day passes for the Saturday!! What this means is that for any of you who wish to attend Auto Assembly 2010 and have not yet purchased your tickets, you can now only buy FULL WEEKEND or SUNDAY ONLY tickets. Because of space limitations in the hotel, we will not be releasing a further allocation of passes for the Saturday so unless you have already registered, the only way you can now attend Auto Assembly 2010 on the Saturday is to buy a weekend pass. If you can't make the convention at all, we still have our Non-Attendee Packs and there will be no restrictions on the availability of these.

We have frozen the ticket prices for the convention from Auto Assembly 2009 and the one day tickets for Sunday cost 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and under 5's as always are free. However as they are limited, if you want to come along for just the day then you need to book NOW! Full weekend tickets are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145.

Because of the rate that bookings are coming in, and the popularity of the one-day passes last year, we cannot guarantee that single day tickets will be available to purchase on the door and it is looking likely that we may not have ANY on-the-door places available so pre-registration this year is a must!

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 11 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and more! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and we still have LOADS more to announce...!

Toyz And Gamez - www.toyzandgamez.co.uk
Big Bad Toy Store - www.bbts.com

Sades
2010-07-10, 02:47 AM
I'll buy a ticket if I can borrow your couch. :up:

inflatable dalek
2010-07-10, 04:01 AM
Bring a sleeping bag and you can camp out on my hotel room floor. We could have all sorts of 70's sitcom style hi-jinks of sneaking you in and out.

EDIT: Once again I've left it to late to book a room and will have to make do with the hotel down the road by the 80's bar again. Just got to remember the name now...

Sades
2010-07-10, 04:20 AM
Call my bluff why don't you. Sure, I'll just start building a raft now, I may make it out in time.

I'm actually planning for next summer. It's in the works, though I have a grand total of 20 dollars currently set aside for it. And I'm pretty sure I said that at least 3 other times before. I R gud planr.

inflatable dalek
2010-07-10, 04:30 AM
Call my bluff why don't you. Sure, I'll just start building a raft now, I may make it out in time.

I'm actually planning for next summer. It's in the works, though I have a grand total of 20 dollars currently set aside for it. And I'm pretty sure I said that at least 3 other times before. I R gud planr.

Well, the offer still stands for next year. Though if I pull (and who knows, now women seem to be going to these things) you'll have to go in the cupboard Britt Ekland in The Man With the Golden gun style. Though obviously without the slap on the ass and "Your turn will come" comment.

I have actually booked my convention tickets! Even without having sorted the Sunday night off work yet. Just need to finally decide if it's worth doing the hotel thing for the Friday night as well now, could be fun but I'll have been at work all the previous night and will most likely be snoring in the evening instead.

EDIT: On the other hand, the two night stay pushes the room cost up to a hundred quid, so just the Sat and Sun it is then.

Clogs
2010-07-10, 09:26 PM
EDIT: Once again I've left it to late to book a room and will have to make do with the hotel down the road by the 80's bar again. Just got to remember the name now...

The Ibis, Ladywell Walk? The one where the family rooms are positioned overlooking the bar and disco, and the triple-glazing still allows for a 2am appreciation of the music?

Could you really get Sades past those bouncers? Adam came up to one guy's hip...

inflatable dalek
2010-07-11, 03:08 AM
That is the hotel I am now staying at. I have a double room. I hope if I went past the bouncers with a valid key card and the number of people needed for a double room they'll have no reason to complain.

Sades
2010-07-11, 05:22 AM
Looking at the prices, and knowing what I'm going to have to pay just for the plane ticket, I may have to borrow someone's floor/couch. Hey Clogs, can I preorder my tickets for next year now? :p

[edit] Quick question- is it in the same place every year?

inflatable dalek
2010-07-11, 05:33 PM
It's always in or near Birmingham city centre, though the actual locations moved a few times.

Clogs
2010-07-11, 08:38 PM
Hey Clogs, can I preorder my tickets for next year now? :p

It's quite possible that, at the end of the convention, Simon will be offering the chance to 'reserve' a ticket for 2011, but probably won't put them on sale - via PayPal - until the New Year.

This is the second year at the Holiday Inn and there will be, as I'm sure you recall, plenty of room(s) for us to use; we just outgrew our original venue!

inflatable dalek
2010-07-12, 07:40 AM
This is the second year at the Holiday Inn and there will be, as I'm sure you recall, plenty of room(s) for us to use; we just outgrew our original venue!

Phah, you Jonny Come Latey you. I can remember the original original venue in the Britannia hotel and how for the first attempt at a two day event they seemed determined to try and screw it up as much as possible. Still, I got to sit at the bar drinking with the voice of RID Mirge till about 3am. Cerrrazy times.

Clogs
2010-07-12, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone,

We're now less than five weeks away from Auto Assembly 2010 and we're all getting pretty excited here about the convention as we're sure you can imagine! We've got quite a few things to cover as you can imagine with the convention drawing closer so we won't waste any more of your time...

A New Record...?

First, we want to thank all of you who have booked so far for the convention. As you may know, last year set a European attendance record for a Transformers convention of 501. Well at the time of writing this, we currently have 467 people registered for Auto Assembly 2010!! At this rate, we are expecting to beat the record THIS WEEK and be a total sell out before the convention! If you know anyone who hasn't booked and is planning on coming along, tell them that they need to hurry! Our one-day passes for the Saturday have now SOLD OUT and all we have left are Full Weekend, Sunday and Non-Attendee packs!

Passes

Time for you all to stop worrying... the convention passes will be shipping from the end of this week! The lanyards are coming back from the production company in the next couple of days and we're putting the finishing touches to the Information Pack that will be going out with them. We have produced almost all of the passes now and they are looking superb this year with some great artwork. Some of them may need to be re-made if any of you volunteer over the next few days but we think that this won't really make much of a difference to the shipping time.

Please remember that with almost 500 people registered it will take us a few days to get all of these packaged up and posted so we expect it to take about 3-5 days before we get them all posted. We will give priority to all of you who are travelling from outside of the UK first and then we'll ship them out in the order in which you booked.

If your passes do NOT arrive in time for the convention, don't worry as we do have contingency plans in place! Just make sure you bring a copy of your booking confirmation email and / or your PayPal receipt (both if possible) and we can check our records and produce a replacement pass for you when you arrive.

Competitions

Our competitions this year are looking better than ever and you can now download all of the entry forms from the website so you can get involved in Auto Assembly 2010... Are you the creative type and want to show off your artistic skills? Why not try our Art Competition! Are you a talented fiction or articles writer? Then take a stab at the Writing Competition! Feel like turning your hand to modifying your favourite Transformer? Then the Kitbashing Competiting is for you!

For those of you feeling even braver, why not make a costume of your favourite character or Transformers-related character and enter our Cosplay Competition and the parade on the Saturday evening! Finally, if you and some of your friends think you know everything there is to know about Transformers, then why not get together and enter our Team Quiz taking place all weekend?

For the younger fans, we have a Children's Colouring Competition running on both days, and prizes will be awarded in all the categories! Entry forms are on the website now so why not pop over and take a look...!

Questionnaire

We have asked about this a few times before, but when you all received your confirmation email, you will have received a link to a survey that we are running for all pre-registrants. We are still quite disappointed with the number of you who have completed this survey so if you haven't already completed this, please spare a few minutes to do it. ALL of the information we get from this survey is helping to shape Auto Assembly 2010 into the sort of convention that YOU want. It has already influenced our choice of guests for this year, the activities that we are running and - with your input - will even help to shape the type of products that dealers bring with them to the event and this is already being prepared to be passed onto them!

You can find the survey here:- http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ho_2bX5MgsO9bpVQcwCa8B6A_3d_3d

and if you booked for more than one person, please get all of them to complete the survey as every opinion matters! All replies will be treated in the strictest confidence but you will need your registration number to complete the survey just to validate that you have pre-registered.

Please note that you do NOT have to have attended Auto Assembly 2009 to take part in this survey and even if you feel that only some of the questions are relevant to you, it still helps us immensely.

New Programme

We have had to make a few changes to the programme for the weekend. Sadly, Next Of Kin are no longer able to join us for the weekend. They have recently signed a deal with new management which has given the a fantastic opportunity to record a new album which they are currently doing in America. However, we have a new programme for the Saturday night which we think you'll all love. Check out the latest episode of our News Update on Youtube to find out more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLudMpPyU0

That's it for this update, but if you have any questions about the convention, feel free to email us or pop over to our discussion forum at http://autoassembly.proboards.com where we'll be only too happy to answer any questions or comments you might have about the convention and keep checking on the website for all the latest news and guest updates as well!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and we hope to see you there in August!

www.autoassembly.org.uk

and www.transformersanimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt's appearance at the convention possible.

Clogs
2010-07-12, 10:51 PM
Phah, you Jonny Come Latey you. I can remember the original original venue in the Britannia hotel and how for the first attempt at a two day event they seemed determined to try and screw it up as much as possible. Still, I got to sit at the bar drinking with the voice of RID Mirge till about 3am. Cerrrazy times.

True, true - I've only been involved since 2006... and I've not sat up in any bar...

Sades
2010-07-13, 07:32 AM
Is there an age limit on the colouring contest?

How many children do we have to colour?

inflatable dalek
2010-07-13, 07:40 AM
Over 72 and 3 and a third children.

Clogs
2010-07-13, 01:41 PM
Semantics, eh?

Simon didn't refer to a 'children colouring competition'. But, on the other hand, there are negotiations afoot for a face-painter... hm...

:lol:

Sades
2010-07-13, 06:29 PM
Nah, I just thought it would be amusing. Sorry I keep spamming your thread, by the way. I stop now.

Clogs
2010-07-13, 10:05 PM
You have a deep longing to come over to AA, Sades. That means you are forgiven for a little spamming :swirly:

Sades
2010-07-14, 05:21 AM
It's the wandering tendencies. That's what's done it.

Clogs
2010-07-19, 12:07 PM
We're less than four weeks away from Auto Assembly 2010 but that hasn't stopped us from adding even more to our line-up to make this the best convention we have ever put together...

We are now proud to announce the addition of TWO more guests to the convention in the shape of Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster, writers of the Allspark Almanac and it's newly released follow-up! Making their European convention debut, they will be on hand all weekend to meet and talk to fans and sign autographs and they will be taking to the stage on the Sunday to give a presentation and take questions about their work on what is considered to be one of the best Transformers books released for years.

Their appearance at Auto Assembly 2010 has been made possible thanks to the incredibly generous sponsorship from Steve and David Mapes from Transformers At The Moon (www.transformertoys.co.uk) and means that the convention will have THREE major Transformers Animated guests this year, and all of them will be on stage in turn on the Sunday. If you have even the slightest interest in Transformers Animated, you won't want to miss this year's event!

That's not all though, adding to that the convention exclusive edition of IDW's Transformers Issue 9 with an exclusive cover by Nick Roche and Liam Shalloo, a concert by Garry Chalk, a live script performance featuring Garry Chalk and Scott McNeil from a BRAND NEW script written exclusively for the convention by Simon Furman, a Saturday night disco and karaoke with singing by Scott McNeil, dealers, 13 confirmed guests with talks, autographs, competitions, workshops, displays, and a video games area showcasing 25 years of Transformers video games... could you ask for anything more?!

The convention is taking place over the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England. There will be Friday and Saturday evening programmes that are exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, and the script and disco / karaoke. And we still have lots more to announce...!

We have frozen the ticket prices for the convention from Auto Assembly 2009 and full weekend tickets are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145.

One day tickets for Saturday have sold out, but one day tickets for Sunday are still available and cost 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and under 5's as always are free. However as they are limited, if you want to come along for just the day then you need to book NOW!

Because of the rate that bookings are coming in, and the popularity of the one-day passes last year, we cannot guarantee that single day tickets will be available to purchase on the door and it is looking likely that we may not have ANY on-the-door places available for the full weekend so pre-registration this year is a must!

Auto Assembly 2010 is sponsored by www.transformertoys.co.uk and www.transformersanimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt, Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster's appearances at the convention possible.

3 Darths Comics - www.3darths.co.uk
Hobby Link Japan - www.hlj.com

kupimus aka(clocker)
2010-07-21, 10:35 AM
yay my pass came in the post today. are we all going to have a different picture on our passes?

Clogs
2010-07-21, 01:32 PM
yay my pass came in the post today. are we all going to have a different picture on our passes?

Got my pack including passes for the Scraplets today, also. Not tried the disc yet, but I know what's on it (taps side of nose and winks).

There are usually a couple of pictures available for the passes. Ours all show Animated Swindle... Hm, not sure what that might indicate...

Oh, a important message for everyone who's coming along: we still need volunteers to help out for a day or the whole weekend. Have a look at our Home page and you'll find the relevant pack (Word or PDF - I'd recommend Word so that a completed form can be e-mailed for quickness).

http://www.autoassembly.org.uk/

See you there, kupimus (aka Clocker)!

Clogs
2010-07-24, 10:52 PM
Auto Assembly 2010 is now only three weeks away but rather than going into hiding for the remaining time to finish preparations, we are busy working on even more surprises and announcements to make this a convention you will never forget...

We have now made a couple of changes to our guest line-up for the convention. Sadly, Guido Guidi is no longer able to join us. Owing to personal reasons and the pressures of an impending house move, Guido is unable to be with us, and despite being disappointed at missing the convention, he is hoping to make his return in 2011...

However, thanks to an incredible fundraising campaign started by members at the Moonbase 2 forum we do have another guest. He is a comic writer who has worked for IDW and he is... well, just watch this video and find out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt63d_yoe2s

The convention is taking place over the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England. There will be Friday and Saturday evening programmes that are exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, and the script and disco / karaoke. And we still have lots more to announce...!

We have frozen the ticket prices for the convention from Auto Assembly 2009 and full weekend tickets are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145.

One day tickets for Saturday have sold out, but one day tickets for Sunday are still available and cost 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and under 5's as always are free. However as they are limited, if you want to come along for just the day then you need to book NOW!

Because of the rate that bookings are coming in, and the popularity of the one-day passes last year, we cannot guarantee that single day tickets will be available to purchase on the door and it is looking likely that we may not have ANY on-the-door places available for the full weekend so pre-registration this year is a must!

Auto Assembly 2010 is sponsored by www.transformertoys.co.uk and www.transformersanimated.com whose generosity have made Derrick J Wyatt, Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster's appearances at the convention possible.

Robot Kingdom - www.robotkingdom.com

inflatable dalek
2010-07-25, 03:11 AM
According to the Email I had it's James Roberts. Who I thought was going anyway... So yay for Rocharts. together at last.

Is the band from last year still going to be there? There's been no mention of them on recent emails and... well, as nice as I'm sure they are as people, not having a Stan Bush tribute band would be even nicer.

Summerhayes
2010-07-25, 01:25 PM
Yay, I've booked tickets. And a hotel (though the travel inn was sold out, so I'm booked for one up the road)

Clogs
2010-07-26, 01:04 PM
Is the band from last year still going to be there? There's been no mention of them on recent emails and... well, as nice as I'm sure they are as people, not having a Stan Bush tribute band would be even nicer.

Next of Kin have gained a recording contract which overlaps with AA and, so, will not be there this year.

We will have other musical entertainment, including a certain Mr. Chalk...

inflatable dalek
2010-07-26, 08:06 PM
Excellent. Hopefully the LSotW trade will be out in time for me to have read it, or else I'll be sitting in the comics panel with my fingers in my ear.

Clogs
2010-07-26, 10:25 PM
Every year, the attendance figure for Auto Assembly has grown consistently from its humble beginnings 10 years ago to becoming Europe's largest Transformers convention. One thing that we can always depend on is that no matter how steady bookings are throughout the year - despite the odd surges following major announcements - is that we have a massive rush in the closing couple of weeks when everyone who hasn't booked and wants to attend remembers that they still need to order their tickets...

THAT TIME IS NOW!!

Last year, in the final 18 days we had 85 bookings - 17% of the total turnout of the convention in the space of just a couple of weeks. We have already set a new European attendance record (at the time of writing this, we have 512 bookings) and with bookings coming in faster than ever, we predict that the convention could well be a total sell out over the next two weeks or so.

At the moment we still have approximately 100 full weekend tickets available and 50 Sunday passes and that's it! Non-Attendee Packs are also available and there is no limit on the number of these that are available as they are produced to order. If there are going to be any on-the-door tickets available, we won't know about these until about 48 hours before the convention and we will announce this on the convention website. If these are available, we *may* have a limited number of one-day Saturday passes on sale, but the only tickets we can guarantee at the moment are pre-bookings.

With the convention being this close, many of you may feel that we have nothing left to announce and that everything you can see on the website it is for this year's convention. Well we still have a LOT more to come... We have just confirmed our FOURTEENTH guest for this year - Titan comic artist Lee Bradley who is making a return to Auto Assembly and although Lee will only be with us for the Saturday, he'll be involved in a panel with our other comic guests and will be around all day to meet fans providing sketches and will no doubt be around for our Saturday night party!

But what other announcements do we have on the way? We are going to be announcing the full list of items in this year's charity auction shortly (which all of our Non-Attendees will be able to bid on), news on some great prize draws we will be running for all pre-registrants, full details and images of this years convention merchandise, and a lot more surprises that we have in store...!

The convention is taking place over the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England. There will be Friday and Saturday evening programmes that are exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, and the script and disco / karaoke.

We have frozen the ticket prices for the convention from Auto Assembly 2009 and full weekend tickets are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. One day tickets for Saturday have sold out, but one day tickets for Sunday are still available and cost 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and under 5's as always are free. However as they are limited, if you want to come along for just the day then you need to book NOW!

Summerhayes
2010-07-29, 01:12 PM
I just got the email about suggestions for food;

*Chicken Drumsticks
*Chicken Wings
*Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice
*Cheese and Pineapple on cocktail sticks

That's my requests! :D

Clogs
2010-07-29, 10:24 PM
Auto Assembly is teaming up with Hasbro again this year for some fantastic competitions this year that will blow everyone away!!

In the past couple of years we have had displays that have included displays of some of the curent toy ranges on offer in the UK and the unveiling the UK's first lucky draw toy that was produced in 2008. But for Auto Assembly 2010, it's going to be awesome...

This year, Hasbro have generously supplied us with no less than THIRTY sets Of the eagerly anticipated Challenge At Cybertron boxed set featuring Universe Cyclonus, Galvertron and Rodimus! This set is not being released in the UK and at the moment, it's not even released in the US and when it is, it will be a Target exclusive!!

To be in with a chance of winning one of these, you MUST be pre-registered for the convention. We will then be holding a random prize draw and 30 lucky winners will be chosen, and winning tickets will be inserted into the attendee packs that you will collect when you arrive at the convention. If you find one, bring it to the Registration Desk to claim your prize!!

If you haven't already booked, there's still time to be in with a chance to win one of these great sets of toys and be entered into some of our other draws that we will be announcing soon...!

To find out more about Hasbro's involvement and some other things they are doing, watch the official announcement video here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9jh9MQ1PUU

Tickets are selling fast for the convention and if you want to be a part of this and the prize draw you need to book quickly! Every day we are setting a new attendance record so why not hurry and be a part of Europe's biggest Transformers convention.

The convention is taking place over the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England. There will be Friday and Saturday evening programmes that are exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, and the script and disco / karaoke.

We have frozen the ticket prices for the convention from Auto Assembly 2009 and full weekend tickets are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. One day tickets for Saturday have sold out, but one day tickets for Sunday are still available and cost 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and under 5's as always are free. However as they are limited, if you want to come along for just the day then you need to book NOW!

Clogs
2010-07-30, 11:36 PM
I just got the email about suggestions for food;

*Chicken Drumsticks
*Chicken Wings
*Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice
*Cheese and Pineapple on cocktail sticks

That's my requests! :D

Ah, another chicken fancier... :)

I'll let the AA Team who are dealing with the food requests know of your desires... as it were...

inflatable dalek
2010-07-31, 02:22 AM
Considering how much the hotel charges for a pint I'm expecting the food to be Kelly Brook covered in custard.

Summerhayes
2010-07-31, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I certainly love chicken
Considering how much the hotel charges for a pint
So, any nearby pubs we can invade?
Then again, you don't expect cheap booze at a hotel or a party, so...

Clogs
2010-08-04, 09:16 PM
Due to a line up change, we have unfortunately been left without a kitbasher for this year's event. I'm writing to ask whether anybody would be willing to help us out here.

We are looking for somebody to run a kitbash segment on both Saturday and Sunday - both will be at 10:00am - 11.30am in one of our side rooms.

Please note - you don't necessarily have to run a workshop with demonstrations etc, but it would be good for an experienced kitbasher to maybe show off some of their work and answer questions / give tips.

If you think you can help, please drop us a line urgently at autoassembly@aol.com

Cheers

Billy
AA Committee

Clogs
2010-08-04, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I certainly love chicken

I loathe the little beak-wielders, hence...

So, any nearby pubs we can invade?
Then again, you don't expect cheap booze at a hotel or a party, so...

There are oodles of night clubs, but I expect you'd still be paying stupid money for booze with added Friday/Saturday night appeal, capiche? The hotel is cosy, there will be events and (reasonably) sane company, so grit the teeth and open the wallet!

Clogs
2010-08-04, 10:13 PM
It's hard to believe that Auto Assembly 2010 is only NINE days away. Fans across Europe have been anticipating the arrival of the convention for so long this year and with an incredible guest line-up and some of the best activities we have ever arranged, this is shaping up to be our best convention ever.

Even with the convention being so close, there are still some of you who haven't booked your tickets yet! We have said this repeatedly but please don't leave it until it is too late and hope to be able to come on the day. While we may have some on-the-door places, we can't guarantee how many we will have and they will be on a first come, first served basis. We won't announce how many of these we will have until pre-registrations close so advance booking is your only way to GUARANTEE admission to this year's convention.

Because we are so close now, we have revised our bookings deadlines to make it as easy as possible for you all to get your tickets. The FINAL deadline for all bookings is the morning of Wednesday 11th August 2010. However, if your booking reaches us on this date, we will NOT be able to post your passes out to you. Monday 9th August is the booking deadline for people within the UK to have your passes sent out to ensure that they reach you in time for the convention. After that point - and for ALL international bookings - we will send your confirmation email out as normal but arrange for you to collect your passes when you arrive so make sure you bring a print out of these emails with you.

We have also extended the postal booking deadlines. However, you need to use the NEW postal booking form that we have uploaded to the website today and there is a new postal address and cheque payment details that you need to use which will allow us to process your bookings. Postal bookings must be received by no later than Monday 9th August.

There are about 75 full weekend passes available still, and less than 40 one day passes for the Sunday, but one day passes for the Saturday are sold out! With ticket sales doing so well, booking now, or getting a Non-Attendee Pack could be your only way of getting this year's convention exclusive comic - the convention variant cover of IDW's Transformers Issue 9 with new cover art by Nick Roche and Liam Shalloo, produced for the convention by Toyz And Gamez (www.toyzandgamez.co.uk)

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 14 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and more! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and the chance to win one of THIRTY sets of the Challenge At Cybertron sets donated by Hasbro... and we still have LOADS more to announce!

We hope to see you all soon!

Xyber Toys - www.xybertoys.com

inflatable dalek
2010-08-05, 06:22 AM
There are oodles of night clubs, but I expect you'd still be paying stupid money for booze with added Friday/Saturday night appeal, capiche? The hotel is cosy, there will be events and (reasonably) sane company, so grit the teeth and open the wallet!

Though Brum is generally a pretty awesome night out if anyone does want to boggie down Broad Street afterwards.

Summerhayes
2010-08-06, 02:39 PM
To be honest I'm not one to venture out on my own an ditch the party, but if a party of transformers fans headed out to hit the town I'd imagine that would be too hilarious to miss

Also, being that it's now only a week away now I probably the time to ask who from here is actually attending and whether anyone fancies a litle "oooh, look a all my friends from the Internet" meet-up. It'd be nice to put some faces to some screen names (and also to have people to talk to while I'm there, beyond my girlfriend whose knowledge of Transformers extends as far as te DVDs I've made her watch and the shelves of figures in my flat)

inflatable dalek
2010-08-06, 07:20 PM
Clogs (who'll be behind the desk with the purple hair) knows just about everyone so ask her to point people out and I'll certainly join you for a drink.

Clogs
2010-08-06, 11:38 PM
I know that some groups have already arranged to meet up - some even have space/time allocated in the alternative programme room - so an informal TFA get together would be a fine thing indeed!

Yup, look for the purple hair at the registration desk and make yourself known to me, Summerhayes and anyone else (assuming you do actually want to make yourself known... ;) )

And... another info post to follow this. It's a day late - soz - having problems with Flash player, Shockwave (hur-hur) and Quick Time - I tried to update old apps...

Clogs
2010-08-06, 11:44 PM
Children's Programme
As you know, we've got a programme of activities lined up for our younger attendees this year included 2 hours of DEDICATED events running on both days between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm in the Alternative Programme Room which will include face painting, games, colouring competitions, and an art workshop on the Sunday with more generalised activities for the really young children! To ensure that we have adequate registered childcare provision, can you let us know if you may be interested in using this room for your child so we can make sure enough people are on hand. Otherwise, we may have to set a limit to the number of children who are allowed in to each session.

Competition Frenzy!
We've got loads of competitions taking place at the convention this year. While it's too late for advance entry for our writing competition and to get your early registrations in for our art, kitbash and costume competitions, you can still enter these if you bring your entries and forms along with you to the convention itself. The costume competition is already shaping up to be something pretty spectacular... We still want to see more entries for the art competition as well, especially from our younger attendees...

As part of the Children's Programme, we have two colouring competitions and we will judge kids in two age ranges to be fair on all the children who will be there. Free packs of colouring pencils will be provided for every child who takes part, and even children who are friends / family of convention committee members / staff / volunteers will be eligible to enter because the entry forms are 100% anonymous and we will be getting one of our guests to judge it who will not be able to tell who did what entry!

Free Prize Draws!
We have loads of prize draws that you can be entered into this year to win some great prizes! First is the incredible prize draw supported by Hasbro. THIRTY of you will get the chance to win an amazing Challenge At Cybertron set. This set features three toys - Cyclonus, Rodimus and Galvatron all in their animated colour schemes. It is not going to be released in the UK and hasn't been released in America yet! The 30 winners are going to be chosen at random and if you have won you will find a winning ticket inserted randomly into your convention pack. Just bring this to the Registration Desk at any time during the convention to claim your prize. If you don't claim by the end of the convention, your prize will be forfeit!

In conjunction with Toyz And Gamez, we are running a free "tombola" for everyone who buys a copy of this year's convention exclusive comic. For each copy of the comic that you buy, you can draw a raffle ticket. 31 numbers have been pre-selected at random and if you draw a ticket that matches one of these then you're a lucky winner. 30 people will win an Auto Assembly 2010 10th Anniversary Keyring and one lucky winner will get a weekend ticket to Auto Assembly 2011!!

Finally is our usual pre-registrant prize draw. Three of you who have pre-booked for Auto Assembly 2010 will be in with a chance of winning something pretty special this year... There are three prizes on offer and we think you'll love what we have on offer:-

1st Prize - LIFETIME pass to Auto Assembly!
2nd Prize - Family Weekend Ticket to Auto Assembly 2011
3rd Prize - Weekend Ticket to Auto Assembly 2011

Plus additional smaller prizes for each winner!

Script Reading Auditions Open NOW!
We are still casting for this year's script!! If you want to join Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil, Nick Roche and Simon Williams on stage, then why not take a stab at some of these roles:-

G1 Grimlock
Beast Wars Blackarachnia
Michael Bay (yes, you read it right!)

To audition, just send an MP3 file of whatever character you want to audition for, with some of their more popular lines of dialogue, phrases and some of their general speech and we'll announce the successful cast members soon. Obviously for Michael Bay, just think like a film director but remember the style of last year's script to give you an idea for how you might want to play the part!

Fan Sales Table
You may remember reading about the Fan Sales Table in the information Pack that we sent out with your passes. Well this is going incredibly well and we already have almost 250 items of stock confirmed for the table. This consists of items that belong to the convention already or things that are being brought along by fans over the weekend! We have a full list up on the website for you to take a look at and we are taking reservations so if there is anything you want, you can get in NOW and this applies to ANYTHING on the list! You can find the catalogue here:- http://www.autoassembly.org.uk/AA2010/AutoAssembly2010FanSalesTable.pdf

If you have any of your own items to sell, please get in touch to add your stuff to the catalogue, or just bring them along on the day and we can add them then!

European Attendance Record SHATTERED!!
Bookings are still coming in thick and fast and at the time of writing this, we are up to 538 pre-registrants so we have shattered last year's total! We know that there are some bookings on the way to us in the post and more people planning on registering over the next few days, so who knows... last year we beat 500 so is the 600 figure really within our grasp?! If you know anyone who wants to come along and help us reach that figure, send them to the website NOW!

Hotel Food
We have now put the requests into the hotel for food based on what people have suggested to us. We don't know exactly what will be on offer yet, but there will be bar snacks, crisps etc and the main convention food will be served between 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday, and for the Saturday evening between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm.

Saturday Night Party Ticket Upgrades - Reminder!
One of the highlights of the convention this year is going to be our party and great line-up of entertainment on the Saturday night. However, this is exclusively for those of you who have booked tickets for the full weekend (which gives you full access to the whole convention at any time) and those of you who have ordered single day passes for the Saturday will not be able to get into this bonus programme.

However, we are making a limited number of Saturday Evening Ticket Upgrades available so all of you Saturday pass holders can get into the Saturday night programme for a small additional charge! These upgrades are only 10 for adults and 6 for children and under 5s are free. Sadly, as places are strictly limited, we can not offer reductions for students or senior citizens

If you are interested in these, please email us for details on how to add this option to your pass or keep checking the website.

Please note that if you have already bought a weekend pass then you don't need to do anything as your ticket AUTOMATICALLY gets you into the Saturday evening programme.

Weekend Ticket Upgrade
What about the rest of you who have bought a single day ticket for the convention? If you have a Saturday pass but now you've decided that you want to be with us for the full weekend, or if you've got a Sunday pass and now want to join us for the Saturday as well, get in touch NOW and we can upgrade your ticket to a full weekend pass for just 20 for adults and 17 for children, students and OAPs! It's cheaper than buying two single day tickets so what are you waiting for?!

Merchandise Pre-Orders
Many of you have already pre-ordered your copies of Issue 11 of The Cybertronian Times for collection at the convention, but in the next couple of days we are hoping to start taking pre-orders for this year's convention mug and keyrings. Ordering will be available through the website and quantities of everything will be limited. If you want to pre-order anything you need to hurry to reserve yours before the convention so go to the site here:- http://www.autoassembly.org.uk/AA2010MerchandisePreOrders.htm

Auto Assembly Memories
For those of you who attended last year, you may remember seeing sheets displayed around the convention with assorted pieces of Transformers Trivia on them. This year, with it being our 10th Anniversary year, we want all of you to share your memories of Auto Assembly with everyone else. It can be some of your fondest memories from Auto Assembly 2009, or even dating right back to 2000. It can be about the event generally, our guests, the social aspect... anything at all - we want to hear from you!

We're looking for your thoughts, about 50-75 words each and there's no limit to the number you can submit. We'll display as many as we can around the hotel and we'll have sheets on hand at the convention itself if you want to write some down then to add to this "hall of memories" about the convention.

If you have any questions about the convention, feel free to email us or pop over to our discussion forum at http://autoassembly.proboards.com

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and we're looking forward to seeing you next weekend!

www.autoassembly.org.uk

Summerhayes
2010-08-07, 04:52 PM
Cool, I'm definately up for meeting a few fellow TFArchivers. I'll be turning up fairly late on the Friday and staying through until the Sunday.
I shouldn't be too hard to recognise- Summerhayes is actually my surname!

Clogs
2010-08-07, 09:48 PM
With only a week to go until Auto Assembly 2010, we're now doing everything we can to make sure that no-one misses out on what is going to be the best Transformers event of the year for fans all across Europe...

For some time our one day passes for the Saturday have been sold out and all we have had left are full weekend tickets and one day passes for the Sunday. With the convention now only a week away, we are now in a position to take a closer look at our remaining tickets and revise how these are being allocated.

We are now converting all our remaining weekend passes into flexible tickets so we will be selling them in a number of ways. We will still sell most of them as weekend passes, but if someone wishes to buy a Saturday ticket then we will do this, and use the remaining "half" of the weekend pass to create an available Sunday ticket.

We have done this because we know that there are those of you out there who are only able to attend for a single day this year for one reason or another and for some of you, the only day you can make it is Saturday but until now with those tickets selling out you have missed your chance to attend this year.

You can find out more about this and our other latest news announcements including some incredible prize draws for our pre-registrants here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmGXmDERcc

Full weekend tickets are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. Single day passes for either day are 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and again under 5s are free. A family ticket for one day attendees is available for 80 for 2 adults and 2 children. You need to hurry though as tickets are selling fast!!

As long as we receive your bookings by Monday 9th August 2010, we can post your passes out to you for those of you who live in the UK. Anyone outside of the UK will need to collect their passes on arrival but we will give you information on how to do this. The FINAL deadline for booking is the morning of Wednesday 11th August 2010 and ALL bookings received by this date must be collected.

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, the convention is playing host to a staggering 14 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and more! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and the chance to win one of THIRTY sets of the Challenge At Cybertron sets donated by Hasbro... and we still have LOADS more to announce!

Clogs
2010-08-10, 11:22 PM
Auto Assembly 2010 is just DAYS away... but even THIS close, we still haven't finished with our announcements and updates on what is once again Europe's biggest Transformers convention...!

Final Bookings Call

If you haven't pre-registered for the convention, you now have just over 24 hours to do so to guarantee your place at Auto Assembly 2010! Pre-registrations close at 12:00 noon GMT on Wednesday 11th August 2010 and after that time, the only way you will be able to get a ticket for the convention is as an on-the-door attendee and these places will be strictly limited. We will not be able to send passes out in advance for those of you who book now, but they will be available for collection on the day and full details of how to do this will be sent with your booking confirmation email.

Tickets are available for the full weekend and we also have limited numbers of single day passes available for the Saturday and Sunday.

Prize Draws
We are running FOUR free prize draws this year for everyone who has pre-registered for the convention! As long as you have booked in advance for the convention you will be entered into ALL of these to be in with a chance of winning a prize in one of these draws:-

30 Challenge At Cybertron deluxe toy sets
20 random Transformers voice actor signed photos
10 Auto Assembly 2010 10th Anniversary keyrings
3 Auto Assembly 2011 Weekend Passes

So as long as you have booked your ticket by noon on Wednesday, you will have sixty chances to win a great prize!

Charity Fundraising
We are running not one but TWO charity auctions at Auto Assembly 2010 this year. We have had so many items donated that they simply wouldn't fit into a single session so we are splitting them into two. Saturday's session will be hosted by Scott McNeil and Sunday's guest auctioneer will be Garry Chalk. The full auction list will be going online in the next 24 hours on the Auto Assembly website and remember, if you have the Non-Attendee Pack, you can bid on any of these! Items include signed photos, original comic art and more besides.

We will also have a charity raffle running all weekend with a great selection of toys and merchandise up for grabs and plenty of signed photos as well!

All the money raised will go to the convention's nominated charities this year.

Auto Assembly 2011
Mentioning Auto Assembly 2011, we will be opening bookings for next year's convention on Friday. The date has been set as 12th - 14th August 2011 and ticket prices will be 50 for adults. However, until 30th September 2010 we are offering ALL Auto Assembly 2010 a special discount ticket rate 45 for the weekend - freezing ticket prices again from this year!

We already have two voice actors confirmed and we are hoping to make some big announcements very soon, so if you want to get your tickets at a great price, book them at Auto Assembly 2010!

Full weekend tickets for Auto Assembly 2010 are 45 for adults and 35 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. Family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) are available for 145. Single day passes for either day are 25 for adults, 18 for children, students or senior citizens and again under 5s are free. A family ticket for one day attendees is available for 80 for 2 adults and 2 children. You need to hurry though as tickets are selling fast!!

Spanning the weekend of Friday 13th - Sunday 15th August 2010 at the The Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England, Auto Assembly 2010 is playing host to a staggering 14 guests including three guests of honour (Garry Chalk, Scott McNeil and Derrick J Wyatt), and will feature toy and art displays, dealers, comic guests, free autograph sessions, a video games area, free workshops run by many of our guests, dedicated childrens programming, video screenings and more! There will also be Friday and Saturday evening programmes, exclusive for weekend attendees and the Saturday evening will play host to a massive musical party, costume competition, our voice actors will take to the stage to perform a BRAND NEW script written by Simon Furman and the chance to win one of THIRTY sets of the Challenge At Cybertron sets donated by Hasbro... and we still have LOADS more to announce!

Summerhayes
2010-08-11, 08:44 AM
Hey guys, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewere but trudging through threads on an iPhone is horible; what night (if you know yet) is the animated film being screened on?

Clogs
2010-08-11, 05:17 PM
According to my schedule - Friday at 9:30 in the main hall.

Bring your own popcorn!

Clogs
2010-08-11, 10:43 PM
Before Auto Assembly 2010 has even started, we're not resting on our laurels and plans are well under-way for Auto Assembly 2011! The date has been set for 12th - 14th August 2011 at the Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, England - home to this year's convention taking place this weekend!

Details are limited right now, but we can say that all the usual activities and events that you have come to expect from Auto Assembly are planned and we already have our first two voice actors CONFIRMED for the convention. We aren't announcing either of them *just* yet although some of you may find out sooner than you think...

Ticket prices are 50 for adults and 38 for children, students and senior citizens, with under 5s admitted free. One day tickets are available for the Saturday or Sunday (although these will NOT get you into the Friday or Saturday evening programmes) and these cost 30 for adults, 21 for children, students or senior citizens and under 5's as always are free. Family tickets will be available shortly.

Tickets will be available to buy at Auto Assembly 2010 this weekend and ALL Auto Assembly 2010 attendees will qualify for a discount enabling them to register at this year's rates but those prices only apply until the end of September. We do have a limited number of on-the-door places available still if you haven't booked so you still have a chance to join us this weekend!

For more details on the convention, or for information on Auto Assembly 2010, visit the website at www.autoassembly.org.uk

We hope to see you all this weekend - in August 2011!

The Auto Assembly Team

Auto Assembly is also sponsored by:-

Xybertoys - www.xybertoys.com

Clogs
2010-08-12, 10:36 PM
Off to do set-up tomorrow, so it's official absence thread and a quick SEE YOU THERE to those who are coming along to AA2010!

:D

inflatable dalek
2010-08-13, 06:11 AM
Question I should know the answer to: What time do the door open this year on the Saturday?

Summerhayes
2010-08-13, 08:37 PM
9:30 am

(I just arrived and looked at my schedule thingy)

Clogs
2010-08-26, 10:21 PM
You've had time to settle down into what passes for a 'normal' life again.

How would you rate AA this year? What did we get right - or wrong..? What would you like more or less of?

Are you coming next year?!

inflatable dalek
2010-08-27, 06:53 AM
As good fun as it always is. About the only serious thing I'd recommend is a bit more effort to have things start on time, though I'm used to that by now and am well trained in adding an hour to all the times.

Though perhaps banning certain songs from karaoke would be nice. Anything with more instrumentals than singing for a start (I'm looking at you Bat Out of Hell man).

I think the main change I'll make too what I do personally next year is, once the script reading is over (assuming there is one), retreat to the bar rather than try and have conversations with people by SHOUTING VERY LOUDLY at them over the music in the main hall. I think the TFA boys and girls should leave them to it and find somewhere cooler to chill.

As for if I'm going, well, I've actually booked the week off well in advance this year.

optimusskids
2010-08-27, 11:48 AM
I have to agree with Dalek any Karaoke longer than about 3 minutes per song should be banned.

Also what's happening with the announcement of all the competition results.

Possibly a larger font for peoples name son their passes to aid in recognition

Also I think in the bid to increase numbers every year the venue is in danger of becoming too small. Their were points when you couldn't have fitted a sheet of paper into the dealers aisle and the evenings entertainment was again a mad scrabble for seating

Some kind of way of recognising people from the same County / Board maybe whether by colour coding or te character on their badge

It was again good fun though and apart from the timings everything seemed to go well.

Walkie Talkies for Volunteers maybe to help track people down/ drinks service for your compere so he wasn't in the bar at the crucial moment maybe

Summerhayes
2010-08-27, 05:02 PM
Hmm... the whole thing was great (I'll definately be coming next year for sure.
The only change I'd want to see is, if there can't be a cinema film showing (won't the third film be out around then?) and there's a film on the Friday again, it ought to be in another room or just have the volume pumped up a bit. Watching it with all the fans reciting he lines and singing the Touch and so on was quite an experience, but being able to hear it better would be nice

inflatable dalek
2010-08-28, 01:21 PM
I have to agree with Dalek any Karaoke longer than about 3 minutes per song should be banned.

And to be really picky, perhaps limit people to one song each rather than two or three? If they'd run out of new victims it was probably time to start the disco.

As a general thought, perhaps it's time to try a separate dealers room again? I know back in (I think) 2005 it was pretty much a disaster thanks to the hotel putting the main hall on the second floor and the dealers room on the 8th (IIRC the dealers sold relatively little that year and it was a major factor in both the abandonment of the venue and it being a while before another two day one was tried).

However, the layout in the rooms at the Holiday Inn used for the last two years would actually lend itself to it. So what is now the main hall keeps the screen, seating and rare toy displays, but the second half of the room is given over to the "alternate" program stuff. So you still have the talks there (which hopefully will be more audible without the talking and hustle from the dealers tables) and when there isn't a talk on have kitbashing, colouring contests, forum meets and so on. Meanwhile the dealers (and the signings?) take over the second room with the gonzo insane sized toilet.

Oh, and personality transplants for the staff. Especially the one at the head of the food table who seemed to think asking "Are you a Transformer?" of every person who came up was the height of wit.

EDIT: Hotel staff that is. The AA people were as good as always, and I actually thought the compare did a better job this year, the "Ladishness" thing was toned down a bit, especially with regards to lusting over the cosplayers. I could do without the smug destroying of crap toys next time though.