PDA

View Full Version : Megan Fox kicked from Transformers 3

HotShot81
2010-05-20, 12:29 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.accesshollywood.com/megan-fox-dropped-from-transformers-3

Megan Fox Dropped From 'Transformers 3'Source: Access Hollywood
Buzz up!
emailimdel.ici.ousdiggfacebook...

Megan Fox has been axed from " Transformers 3," Access Hollywood has confirmed.

A source at Paramount, the studio behind the film, told Access that Megan, who played star Shia LaBeouf 's love interest in the franchise, would not return for the third movie.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: ' Transformers ' Sexy Siren Megan Fox
The source said that in order to take Shia's character - Samuel James Witwicky -- in a new direction, it was better if Sam wasn't tied down to a love interest.

A rep for Megan was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Access Hollywood on Wednesday.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: See Megan Fox & More Stars In Their Underwear
Nikki Finke, who first reported the news for Deadline that Megan was out, claimed that decision was "ultimately" director Michael Bay 's.

Bay's rep was also not immediatley available for comment when contacted by Access.

The news of Megan's departure from the " Transformers 3" cast comes just months after a dispute emerged between Megan, unnamed " Transformers " crewmembers and even the director.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Summer Movies 2010

Megan compared her director to "Hitler" and "Napoleon" during an interview with Britain's Wonderland Magazine's September /October 2009 issue.

"He's like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation," Megan said at the time.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Katy! Zoe! Megan! Oh My! Maxim's 2010 Hot 100: The Top 20

"He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is," she continued. "So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward."

Shortly thereafter, members of the " Transformers " crew posted an open letter on the director's site, condemning the actress for her behavior on set, calling Megan, "the grump of the set," as well as "thankless, classless, graceless" and "unfriendly."

The letter was quickly removed and Michael eventually addressed all the comments a short while later.

"I don't condone the crew letter to Megan. And I don't condone Megan's outlandish quotes," Bay wrote in a blog post on his official Web site. "But her crazy quips are part of her crazy charm. The fact of the matter I still love working with her, and I know we still get along. I even expect more crazy quotes from her on Transformers 3."

" Transformers 3" has reportedly already begun filming.

Copyright 2010 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:

another tf fan
2010-05-20, 12:44 AM
Stupid hottie... shoulda never let TF3 go.

Lufbery
2010-05-20, 01:54 AM
I'm actually bummed.

I know this goes against all this is right in the world, but I enjoyed the two movies (the first more than the second). Not that my expectations were high.

But replacing Megan Fox in the third movie would be like replacing Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. I mean, they've got an ensemble cast, so why break it up?

Oh well...

NightHawk
2010-05-20, 04:18 AM
In all honesty I am not shocked, instead I'm actually glad she's out of TF 3. I always felt that her presence in the movie was purely for the sex appeal (most notable in TF when she's bend over that one bike and all).

I mean c'mon, I want to watch Transformers for the Transformers, not for some "damsel in distress" lame-ass girlfriend of Sam (whom in my opinion should be out of it as well).

In any case...I wonder who she will get replaced with, I can't actually see female actors jumping in line to be in the movie.

burnitall
2010-05-20, 04:46 AM
In any case...I wonder who she will get replaced with, I can't actually see female actors jumping in line to be in the movie.
No? There might be one or two that want to make a little $$$ off of it. ;)

Now they can get another girl for Sam, call her Carly, and appease a few fanboys in the bargain. It doesn't really matter.

Sades
2010-05-20, 05:36 AM
According to this it was her choice:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00032608.html

The Doctor
2010-05-20, 06:12 AM
That could possibly be Megan's attempt to save face, either way she is out and I think this may be a blow to her career. Will I miss her? Not at all, she was nothing more than eye candy. I think they should concentrate on making a mature focused story (unlike TF2).

Batmanners
2010-05-20, 07:30 AM
But replacing Megan Fox in the third movie would be like replacing Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. I mean, they've got an ensemble cast, so why break it up?

Oh well...

But they're not replacing "Leia", they're removing "Jar Jar". Her looks and her acting are all right, but it's her character that went nowhere and simply stops Sam Witwicky from going on adventures in outer space to fight Unicron and save his dumb father from being dropped into Unicron's lava pits while in a dumb robot suit.

Halfshell
2010-05-20, 09:13 AM
But they're not replacing "Leia", they're removing "Jar Jar".

Jar Jar was the established love interest? Wow. I really have repressed The Phantom Menace.

NightHawk
2010-05-20, 09:43 AM
Now they can get another girl for Sam, call her Carly, and appease a few fanboys in the bargain. It doesn't really matter.

Gah, not Carly, that means they'd have to look for a blonde and they'll surely will get some blonde bimbo with sex appeal and all that again rather then portraying Carly as how she was in the Cartoon.

Nah, let's get Chip Chase in it! The man who can rip floppy disks apart with his bare hands and knows apparently more about Transformers then the Transformers themselves!

Clay
2010-05-20, 11:18 AM

"You can't fire me! I quit!"

Blackjack
2010-05-20, 11:33 AM
"You can't fire me! I quit!"

I was about to post that, but you beat me to the punch...

HotShot81
2010-05-20, 12:16 PM
Call me crazy, if we want to make Transformers right, a little less fighting and how about we focus on THE TRANSFORMERS?!

Halfshell
2010-05-20, 12:32 PM
I suggest we recast the character.

I nominate Stoya.

Jaynz
2010-05-20, 01:36 PM

Hollywood almost never openly publicizes firing someone (unless it's just impossible NOT to say). Sounds to me that Megan was definatley fired, and this is going to be the 'Hollywood spin'.

Sort of like how so many politicians sudden want to spend more time with their families.

Paul053
2010-05-20, 01:53 PM
Revenge of the Bay. (http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/michael-bays-revenge-no-more-megan/)

I always felt that her presence in the movie was purely for the sex appeal.

Totally agree. She should have just tossed Wheelie to Sam in the dorm instead of through the window and then gone for good (or fall and died out of the car after Grindor hooked it). It is absolutely unnecessary having her running around with Sam in the dessert.

Honestly I don't care about any love story in Transformers movie, but unfortunately in Hollywood dictionary, no love story means no movie.

NightHawk
2010-05-20, 03:40 PM
Revenge of the Bay. (http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/michael-bays-revenge-no-more-megan/)

Totally agree. She should have just tossed Wheelie to Sam in the dorm instead of through the window and then gone for good (or fall and died out of the car after Grindor hooked it). It is absolutely unnecessary having her running around with Sam in the dessert.

Honestly I don't care about any love story in Transformers movie, but unfortunately in Hollywood dictionary, no love story means no movie.

She ran with Sam cause apparently some guys just love to see women run. Personally said, they ALL should have died when Grindor dropped the car cause in reality it would be damn hard to survive that crash that they made.

I always disliked Mikaela's presence, she's no Carly (whom I disliked as well, she was too...perfect, always had an idea) and let alone a Saari, hell...I'll take Saari's character over Mikaela anytime, least she proved useful more then once.

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-05-20, 04:06 PM
... her running around with Sam in the dessert.

Was whipped cream involved? :swirly:

Thunderwave
2010-05-20, 04:20 PM

I nominate Stoya.

-.-

DeathProof
2010-05-20, 04:23 PM
That could possibly be Megan's attempt to save face, either way she is out and I think this may be a blow to her career. Will I miss her? Not at all, she was nothing more than eye candy. I think they should concentrate on making a mature focused story (unlike TF2).

LMAO @ her career. Yes, she's been in movies, and yes, she's more famous than I, but it wasn't like she was exactly on that 'Rising Star' trail. She's hot and I wouldn't kick her out of the shower, but I don't think she'll have an Oscar on her mantle anytime soon. I think it was more of a blow to her piggy bank than her resume.

Sades
2010-05-20, 06:27 PM
I love how people are attempting to explain stuff to me that I already know and don't really care about.

I presented an alternate view. That's it.

[/slightly thorny]

inflatable dalek
2010-05-20, 07:17 PM
There's nowt as scary as Transformers fans.

Blaster
2010-05-20, 07:21 PM

I nominate Stoya.

Acting chops would be similar.

Clay
2010-05-20, 10:33 PM
I love how people are attempting to explain stuff to me that I already know and don't really care about.

I presented an alternate view. That's it.

[/slightly thorny]

wat

Sades
2010-05-21, 01:47 AM
Yeah I figured that would be one response, but I didn't care about that either.

Not you, dood.

Clay
2010-05-21, 11:25 AM
Yeah I figured that would be one response, but I didn't care about that either.

Not you, dood.

Oooh, no. I thought you had posted "slightly horny" and I couldn't figure it out. Thorny, ah, gotcha. Makes sense now.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-21, 11:35 AM
Oooh, no. I thought you had posted "slightly horny"

A natural assumption in a thread about Le Fox.

Halfshell
2010-05-24, 06:38 AM
A natural assumption in a thread about Le Fox.

La Fox. La. Le is masculine.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-24, 06:55 AM
La Fox. La. Le is masculine.

Oh la la.

Anyone wants to take the odds on her doing a Vin Diesel and coming back with her [fox] tail between her legs in a couple of films time after completely and utterly failing to make a career in "proper" films.

Sades
2010-05-24, 11:21 PM
I thought you had posted "slightly horny"

That too.

List o' rumoured replacements: http://www.thefancarpet.com/NewsPage.aspx?n_id=1133

NightHawk
2010-05-25, 05:19 AM
Well that's hardly an improvement then.

Rattrap's tail
2010-05-25, 12:20 PM
Is it that hard to focus the story more on the TF's then on Sam the guy who adabons his gf for a new one?

Wildrider
2010-05-25, 12:37 PM
Oh that's a shame, I find that kind of different actor/same role a little jarring in my cinema going experience. I'm probably one of the few who missed Katie Holmes from The Dark Knight. I just like that continuity in films.

Shame about Fox, but her uncanny ability to speak before she thinks has probably just caught up with her. Put it down to youth and almost over eagerness to appear rebellious.

Her chemistry with Leboef was pretty watchable, but she was always second fiddle to Bumblebee and even behind Sam's Dad in RotF.

Nowhere for her character to go In many ways, they should bite the bullet kill her in some stock footage/friendly fire incident leading to emotional turmoil and further human resentment, this time led by Sam or something.

Ah what do I know, just let Miley Cyrus do it.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-25, 06:58 PM
Oh that's a shame, I find that kind of different actor/same role a little jarring in my cinema going experience. I'm probably one of the few who missed Katie Holmes from The Dark Knight. I just like that continuity in films.

I was assuming the new woman would be playing a new character, is it confirmed it's recasting? Sort of agreed on Katie Holmes in that I thought the part was a rather thankless one so it didn't really matter who played it so they might as well have kept her.

Wildrider
2010-05-25, 07:05 PM
I was assuming the new woman would be playing a new character, is it confirmed it's recasting? Sort of agreed on Katie Holmes in that I thought the part was a rather thankless one so it didn't really matter who played it so they might as well have kept her.

Well I got the impression it was a recast, rather than a new character, but from the provided link it didn't give anything conclusive, just a brief comparison looks wise between the two.

PLus there's the oft mooted 'Going in a new direction' which to me suggests a move away from the love angle for Sam and onto something, hopefully, darker. Although in the land of Bay, this may just translate to a slow pan to another slow motion beauty as opposed to maybe killing the character off and intorducing some genuine loss.

I really hope Bumblebee comes a cropper at some point, that's the real love story in TF Movieverse for me, have him lost, blown up or reduced to a Rogue Trooper esque talking hat.

Oh and have Barricade running over stock footage of Megan Fox, before exploding inexplicably. How's that for tying up loose ends?

Sades
2010-05-25, 07:15 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of it being a new character altogether as well... having the same character recast would be kind of lame.

Now I'll have to read again as I obviously didn't do it well enough the first time. :o

Is it that hard to focus the story more on the TF's then on Sam the guy who adabons his gf for a new one?

How do we know it isn't the other way around?

Cliffjumper
2010-05-25, 07:15 PM
I like the idea of the stock footage/body double death and an embittered Sam; it just wouldn't gel with the pyrotechnic fun that much would be the problem. I mean, assuming Mikaela's killed (and can anyone see any other halfway plausible way of writing her out that wouldn't just ring of spite?), Sam's not just going to get over her and go out on a panty raid with the twins... The easiest thing to do would be to write out Sam too and forefront NEST, but whether one-eyed fanboys realise it or not, to real people Shia's box office.

From Fox's POV, I doubt she's that fussed. Her career seems to be taking off regardless, and she can probably find a better-paying more central role instead of being tied to a contractual obligation. I find it hard to dislike the girl, TBH - while I don't agree with an awful lot of what she says, it's nice that she speaks her mind.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-25, 07:16 PM
Or even if they do break up. They've already got a long distance relationship whilst he's in collage so him having an exciting adventure without her isn't impossible.

Halfshell
2010-05-25, 08:39 PM
I liked the way they handled the recasting of Rhodey in Iron Man 2.

"Rhodey! Didn't expect to see you here."
"Yeah, well I'm here. Deal with it. Move on."

Class.

Oh yeah, if you're anal to the point of thinking that's a devastating spoiler for a film that's been out for several weeks, don't read this post.

Rattrap's tail
2010-05-25, 11:30 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of it being a new character altogether as well... having the same character recast would be kind of lame.

Now I'll have to read again as I obviously didn't do it well enough the first time. :o

How do we know it isn't the other way around?

Well, they casted him a new girlfriend. Seeing how much screentime Megan got compared to most of the bots, *cough,Jolt,cough*, Is it true that I doubt it'll change that much.

ROTF's focus was oriented towards the bots eh???

Sades
2010-05-26, 01:38 AM
I liked the way they handled the recasting of Rhodey in Iron Man 2.

"Rhodey! Didn't expect to see you here."
"Yeah, well I'm here. Deal with it. Move on."

Class.

Oh yeah, if you're anal to the point of thinking that's a devastating spoiler for a film that's been out for several weeks, don't read this post.

My FACE... MY FACE IS MELTING

Due to rage, and all of that.

So yeah, it's weird because it doesn't specify if the new chick will be taking the same role to old one had. Is there an article I'm missing or is this just the way it's being interpreted?

NightHawk
2010-05-26, 01:55 AM
ROTF's focus was oriented towards the bots eh???

Was it? I still felt it was still too much focused on the humans...they might as well called the movies "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky!" in big letters then in small print under it "Co-staring: The Transformers."

Sades
2010-05-26, 02:05 AM
I think it was better balanced than the first- honestly, a movie solidly about the Transformers will please the small niche of people that actually give a crap about the story, but they're trying to get as many people in the age group they're aiming for in to see this thing as possible. Hence the explosions, romance subplot, hot chick, "comedy relief", etc. It's been said before, hasn't it?

NightHawk
2010-05-26, 10:07 AM
Well at least we're not having a TRUKK NOT MUNKY fanrage, the first movie was, in my opinion as well, a lot better then the second. And of course I know there must be focus on the humans but ROTF just has too much focus on them, and then Sam being some kind of "Chosen One".

Next thing you know and we'll hear "Arise Samimus Prime."

Cliffjumper
2010-05-26, 12:29 PM
"Chosen One"

Actually, he was pretty much the opposite - more of an "Earned One".

Rattrap's tail
2010-05-26, 04:47 PM
Was it? I still felt it was still too much focused on the humans...they might as well called the movies "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky!" in big letters then in small print under it "Co-staring: The Transformers."

Yes, it was. I can remember an interview with bay in which he stated that ROTF will focus more on the robots then the previous movie, and look what we got...

If only Evangelion would get a life action movie I would be able to care less for the crappiest stories of the Bayformers...

Oh yeah, I thought it would be common knowledge by now that the first movie WAS better then the second...

Wildrider
2010-05-26, 05:13 PM
People seem to forget that we're viewing the TFS through decades of fiction and lore, the human element is vital to the TF casual or newcomer, I for one really love the human element of the films. The balance in the first one is perfect for me.

I do like ROTF, not as much as the first, but it gave me more of the same and stands up well to repeat viewing, the human elements may grate for some people, but the stand out emotional scenes in ROTF are things like Sam and his Dad in the desert. Yet there is more robot focus, the Prime/Forest smackdown, the Jetfire Exposition plot, the Twins, if you count robot dialogue and action scenes (I haven't) you may find an overall percentage increase.

Who knows or cares!?

The wmotional crux should always be a balance, in my opinion, between TF and human, the relationship between Bumblebee and Sam in the first film is played out beautifully considering the material.

That's the focus I would prefer in the third film, not TF centric or specifically human centric, the films wouldn't work with a heavy balance one way or the other. A TF only movie using the movie models would be very hard to follow, the more detail on the metal the harder it is to follow what's going on I think.

Cliffjumper
2010-05-26, 05:57 PM
*applauds*

Personally I find that for the films the... careful use of Transformers for the large part makes them all the more impressive. The visuals (and Transformers is largely centered on visuals, whether people admit it or not... even the best text-based stories are fired by us visualising brightly-coloured action figures) in live action work best with scale, otherwise what's the point? The interaction on both a physical and emotional level is the best stuff. To my mind, the visually incomprehensible scene on the Nemesis basically showed why live action would struggle to do, say, a story set on Cybertron - metal tends to blend into metal on screen unless you want everyone in bright primary colours.

I felt ROTF did up the robots considerably - there's very little appreciable time where there's not a Transformer on screen (okay, so they're in disguise, but they're still Transformers...), compared to the first one (where Bumblebee, Barricade and Frenzy flit in and out of the action for the first half and there's a whole subplot full of characters who don't share a scene with a Transformer until much, much later). So they're Transformers that not a lot of fans like? Tough tits, some of the mouthbreathers wouldn't be happy even if it was a live-action version of Evangelion (Ideon [as in the one Evangleion is ripped off from] was ****ing excellent, there's no need for a live action version).

ROTF did have problems, but I don't think a non-existent bias towards human characters was the problem, it was simply pretty badly structured by effectively peaking in the forest, having an overlong quest sequence and then a big desert battle that just fell a little short due to a bit too much focus on generics versus generics instead of putting the 'named' characters from both sides in the thick of things a bit (seriously, we catch the odd glimpse of Scrapper while there are protoforms hogging the camera, and Jolt, Sideswipe and Ratchet hide in the background of shots while NEST grunts are at the front of the defence).

Most people watch for the Transformers and the humans - you speak to many non-fans and they'll be on about Shia or Fox or Duhamel as much as the robots.

The funniest thing is that great TF-focused stories are out there all over the place, such as the better Marvel comics, not to mention things like The Hub. So what's the big deal if the films took a different angle?

Halfshell
2010-05-26, 06:05 PM
Mmm. The whole "it's called Transformers so they should be the whole focus" argument is quite daft, as by that logic the bird should be the central character in The Crow and it should be blasphemy that it takes an hour before the xenomorphs show up in Alien/Aliens.

Cliffjumper
2010-05-26, 07:09 PM
It's like in Terminator 2 when there's all that rubbish with that woman and her kid. It should just be the two Terminators hitting each other on an industrial estate for two and a half hours.

Halfshell
2010-05-26, 07:12 PM
And what the hell's with Arnie and all those other wusses in Predator?

Preda
2010-05-27, 09:37 AM
If anyone cares for a link to a german website:

http://portal.gmx.net/de/themen/unterhaltung/kino/kinonews/10498586-wenn_1093046.html#.00000002

It basically says that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley seems to be the favorite right now to fill the void Fox left behind, and lists some other possible candidates, like Sarah Wright and Brooklyn Decker, as well as Hayden Panettiere, Miranda Kerr and Ashley Greene (Twilight).

Anyone knows who the heck they are? I never heard those names before.

DeathProof
2010-05-27, 12:05 PM
All of this is just a HUGE misinformation campaign. Bay's actually going to put a dude in as Sam's new love interest and go in a COMPLETELY different direction. I think it makes perfect sense.

Rattrap's tail
2010-05-27, 05:17 PM
All of this is just a HUGE misinformation campaign. Bay's actually going to put a dude in as Sam's new love interest and go in a COMPLETELY different direction. I think it makes perfect sense.

Now, that would be even worse then that lump farting joke by Jetfire

inflatable dalek
2010-05-27, 06:51 PM
Now, that would be even worse then that lump farting joke by Jetfire

You know what homophobia really means don't you?

Halfshell
2010-05-27, 07:05 PM
That you're afraid of things that are the same as you.

DeathProof
2010-05-28, 11:59 AM
Holy crap! Did I just get called a homophobe for that joke?? *TOUCHY*

DeathProof
2010-05-28, 11:59 AM
Oh wait, nevermind. Don't think that was directed at me. Sorry for the waste of a perfectly good post space.

Halfshell
2010-05-28, 01:40 PM
Or two.

Rattrap's tail
2010-05-28, 03:09 PM
Oh wait, nevermind. Don't think that was directed at me. Sorry for the waste of a perfectly good post space.

No SH*T Of course it wasn't...

Really funny guys....

@ ID, until now, I actually didn't. You think too high of people who aren't from not english speaking countries....

Notabot
2010-05-28, 04:11 PM
So it's a new character played by a new actress. (http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/features/movies/rosie-huntington-whiteley-transformers-3/story/?gt1=28140)

Jaynz
2010-05-28, 04:37 PM
Yay! Wasted minutes in a film explaining why Mikeala isn't around and then introducing a new love interest out of the ether! Woo hoo!

I will give some points if it's actually Carly this time, though, and the character is similar to the 'Crazy Mommy From Hell'. (Seriously, are YOU going to **** with someone who hires Grimlock as a babysitter?!)

snavej
2010-06-08, 05:35 PM
Suggestion: start TF3 with Mikaela's house, Mikaela and possibly her ex-con Dad getting destroyed by Decepticons, then have a 'NOOOO!' scene from Sam and then have Sam buying the biggest can opener he can find and going after the Decepticons. On his mother's bike.

Sades
2010-06-09, 03:47 AM
I will give some points if it's actually Carly this time, though

Anyone else getting sick of hearing "Carly, Carly, Carly" or is it just me?

inflatable dalek
2010-06-09, 06:32 AM
They could stick her in a wheelchair and call her Chip Chase (if any name is unisex., it's that one).

DeathProof
2010-06-09, 12:11 PM
...or they could introduce Astoria Carlton-Ritz who is kidnapped by the Decepticons, Sam falls for her, but she ends up being a Bot-lover...and cut scene to the intro of Powerglide and his over-the-shoulder-stare, Dramatic Chipmunk style.

:up:

Halfshell
2010-06-09, 12:30 PM

It reminds me eerily of somebody who said, after the first film, that the whole thing was rubbish but it would have been a lot better if Sam had been called Spike.

Because the character name affects the quality of both script and acting.

Jaynz
2010-06-09, 02:05 PM

Well, I am now. :P

I just thought it would be a decent shout-out, but we pretty much all know that it's not like this new character is going to get anywhere near the level of character depth and attention that G1's Carly did.

And, yes, I know exactly what I mean by that.

Sades
2010-06-09, 06:28 PM
It reminds me eerily of somebody who said, after the first film, that the whole thing was rubbish but it would have been a lot better if Sam had been called Spike.

Because the character name affects the quality of both script and acting.

That's precisely why it's starting to get at me. Asides, if they had gone with those names then people would just be complaining about what they did to Spike and Carly. Oh, and asking when Daniel would be showing up.

If people want semi-decent and recent shout outs, they should go watch Animated.

Both Carly and Spike have a cameo in it.