PDA

View Full Version : We have the Fox's Replacement

HotShot81
2010-05-29, 01:22 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/accesshollywood/100527/entertainment/rosie_huntington_whiteley_to_replace_megan_fox_in__transformers3

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will step in for Megan Fox in "Transformers 3," a source confirms to Access Hollywood.

The 23-year-old Victoria's Secret model, dubbed ELLE magazine's 2009 "Model of the Year," is a newcomer to acting - but not to "Transformers" director Michael Bay, who directed his latest starlet in a commercial for the lingerie line last year.

Rosie will play a new character opposite Shia LaBeouf's character, Sam Witwicky, in the summer 2011 sequel. The British bombshell was among a number of women rumored to be in line for the role, which also included Gemma Arterton, Ashley Greene and fellow model Brooklyn Decker. "The Hills" star Heidi Montag made a play for the role as well, Tweeting messages to Bay and posting a video of herself at a shooting range to try and show off her action skills.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, news broke earlier this month that Megan would not be returning to the franchise that made her famous.

At the time, Megan's rep told Access that she had made the decision "not to return," but according to Deadline, the choice was "ultimately" Bay's.

Either way, it won't leave Rosie much time to prepare for the role - "Transformers 3" has already begun filming to meet its planned July 1, 2011 release date. According to IMDB, it will be the model's acting debut.

Summerhayes
2010-05-29, 03:07 PM
According to IMDB, it will be the model's acting debut.

So that's how you do journalism now, is it?

See, I'd make a comment about how her lack of acting experience isn't an issue as all Mikaela has to do is look hot and run from explosions, but Megan Fox actually ended up coming across as smarter than Sam most of the time.

Skidmark
2010-05-29, 06:33 PM
Skeleton chicks aren't my type. I wish Bay chose Ellen Page for the role.

glazios
2010-05-30, 03:30 AM

If past comments by Ms. Fox are anything to go by, Bay will likely get the new girl to put on some weight for the roll; apparently he "doesn't like skinny girls", which is fair enough in my book.

The whole 'Size 0' shtick really isn't something that films should be beaming into little girls' minds anyway, if you ask me - they'll do enough of that to each-other and to themselves once they reach that 'mature' age of 12.

Which is utter sh*t, IMO. Kids should be allowed to be kids while they can be, as opposed to being lobotomised by "fashion" in their early teens. God knows it zombified most girls I knew at that age... _

Skidmark
2010-05-30, 04:10 AM
Kids should be allowed to be kids while they can be, as opposed to being lobotomised by "fashion" in their early teens. God knows it zombified most girls I knew at that age... _

And Miley Cyrus is the media's flagship for zombifying girls.:lol:

Jaynz
2010-05-30, 07:55 PM

Got to admit, when I saw the pictures of this... woman (to use the term loosely, she's more of a slip of a girl) ... I was like "So, Victoria's Secret models training bras now?"

inflatable dalek
2010-05-30, 09:53 PM
Got to admit, when I saw the pictures of this... woman (to use the term loosely, she's more of a slip of a girl) ... I was like "So, Victoria's Secret models training bras now?"

It's just a sign you're getting old when you think models are getting younger. You'll be worried your doctor hasn't actually finished medical school next.

More seriously, I'd assume that like Fox she's older than the character she's going to wind up playing anyway, in the best Saved by the Bell tradition.

Jaynz
2010-05-30, 09:57 PM
I won't always disagree on that point, having an 18 year old red-head gamer of a daughter will age you fast, after all. It's hard to think of too many Hollywood women as beautiful when they're hitting your kid's age-group, that's to be sure!

But, more seriously, this particular model really seems physically immature. Other than the infused lips, she looks at lot more like my uber-skinny 12 year old than she does a woman of any age. This woman doesn't even warrant an A cup, for Maker's sakes!

Ackula
2010-05-31, 05:57 AM
I like to have a lot of meat when I want dinner, not just a tiny salad. Too skeletal in appearance to me, but so was Meagan Fox, just a little less so than this one.

Skidmark
2010-05-31, 06:13 AM
I like to have a lot of meat when I want dinner, not just a tiny salad. Too skeletal in appearance to me, but so was Meagan Fox, just a little less so than this one.

Your never gonna let this slide huh?

BTW excellent metaphor.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-31, 09:21 AM
Sometimes salad is nice.

Sades
2010-05-31, 05:19 PM
YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LADIES, AREN'T YOU?

See, nothing slips past me.

I googled this girl, and for some reason when I looked at her face I was vaguely reminded of Andrea Barber.

inflatable dalek
2010-05-31, 05:34 PM
Perhaps we should talk about food using tits as a metaphor instead?

Sades
2010-05-31, 05:41 PM
I like tits on my salad.

Oh... I'm not doing it right, am I?

inflatable dalek
2010-05-31, 06:11 PM
I like tits.

That's the way to do it.

Wildrider
2010-05-31, 07:34 PM
She's cute, the provided picture looks like the diabolical hybrid of Jessica Alba and Katie Holmes, which isn't neccesarily a bad thing. I am however a total sucker for brunettes and Fox is yum, so as a dastardly acolyte of the lovely Ms Fox I can only conclude...

I'd eat her salad, but I'd be thinking of Fox's tits.

What?

inflatable dalek
2010-05-31, 08:12 PM
I prefer they don't have too much salad going on. If you know what I mean and I'm sure you do.

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-06-01, 08:26 AM
I think Dalek's about to dress the salad.

Sades
2010-06-01, 06:35 PM
Hmm, now I really want a salad.

... Like, an actual salad. Not a salad salad, a salad.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-01, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Sades;685727]Hmm, now I really want a salad.

... Like, an actual salad. Not a salad salad, a salad.[/QUOT

And I really want a Victoria's Secret model. Someway, somehow, there must be a way we can both be satisfied.

Sades
2010-06-01, 06:58 PM
Well, I can go to the fridge where I happen to have a salad waiting. I don't think you have quite the same chances of pulling out a Victoria's Secret model.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-01, 07:05 PM
You'll be amazed what I have in my fridge.

Errr, perhaps instead of being Sam's love interest he could just be dating Mikaela long distance and the new girl could give someone like Epps something to do? In a relationship sense.

Sades
2010-06-01, 07:22 PM
You'll be amazed what I have in my fridge.

http://transfans.co.uk/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

That's a possibility. The possible plot thing, not the VS model thing. :up:

Cliffjumper
2010-06-01, 07:58 PM
In a relationship sense.

Didn't Epps have a comedy black wife in one of the comics already, though? But yeh, there's always the chance that the new female lead isn't just a cockwarmer for Sam.

Not a big one, but a chance nonetheless.

Sades
2010-06-01, 08:02 PM
'Cept that according to the yahoo story, the VM chick is slated to play opposite Shia.

Rosie will play a new character opposite Shia LaBeouf's character, Sam Witwicky

Though I guess that could technically mean anything. Who knows, maybe they'll hate each other?

Cliffjumper
2010-06-01, 08:26 PM
'Cept that according to the yahoo story, the VM chick is slated to play opposite Shia.

Though I guess that could technically mean anything. Who knows, maybe they'll hate each other?

While I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, the phrase is often used to describe adversaries and the like - Heath Ledger to play the Joker opposite Christian Bale's Batman.... It's one of those phrases the media just generally use as if it's interchangable with "in the same film as" without stopping to think what the words actually mean (thinking about it "to play opposite" would largely imply a villain in this sense, opposite to the hero, Sam).

It wouldn't stun me if there's just no mention of Mikaela, at all. I mean, if the film keeps with the release date as the present like the last one did, it could be two years since they split up or whatever, and they were only together two years too. Sam's shown form for straying a little, Mikaela's shown form for being a mite paranoid, freaking out when he'd been in college for a few days. It happens in real life that people leave for university or college determined to be faithful to their lover back home and change their minds when they've been away for a while.

Mikaela also isn't particularly closely tied to the Autobots or NEST - to them she's Sam's occasionally helpful girlfriend. Aside from Wheelie and (probably) the twins, do any of the Autobots even speak to her in ROTF? When Prime wants an ambassador, he doesn't bother calling her up, and both Ironhide and Sideswipe only seem to notice him running towards them in the desert...

inflatable dalek
2010-06-01, 10:43 PM
Didn't Epps have a comedy black wife in one of the comics already, though?

She runs off with Mikaela.

Sades
2010-06-02, 05:54 AM
While I'm not telling you anything you don't already know

You half-were actually, I only skimmed the article because I remembered that bit and only partially recalled at the time I posted that it was used to describe people playing across from another actor in general and didn't bother checking up on anything (hence the ass-covering "technically mean anything" bit), because I was running off somewhere soonish afterwards. Confirmation good! :)

It wouldn't stun me if there's just no mention of Mikaela, at all.

I'm expecting at least a brief explanation of her absence. Sam explaining something to his parents or saying something to someone in passing about her being somewhere. Or someone saying "Too bad Mikaela is off doing blah blah blah, look what she's missing!" etc.

DeathProof
2010-06-02, 12:39 PM
Not a bad looking salad, but she could stand to pick a cookie up every now and then. She could be the Reedman Pretender. :up:

Slayer-Fan123
2010-06-03, 01:08 AM
Yeah, she's too skinny for my tastes.
She better be a good actor then, since nothing can distract me from cheezy diologue now except giant robots.
Always nice, giant robots are...

Skidmark
2010-06-03, 05:05 AM
Always nice, giant robots are...
That step on people with cheesy dialogue.:lol:

Sades
2010-06-03, 06:17 AM
Victoria's Secret has apparently released this vid. it IS on youtube however, so whether or not it's actually from VS is up in the air.

e8mVbsVPwnI

She's not my type, but everyone is someone's.

Now don't say I never did anything for you. :o

inflatable dalek
2010-06-03, 08:31 AM
She's not my type, but everyone is someone's.

Christ, you're dead fussy you are.

Sades
2010-06-03, 06:24 PM
What can I say, I know what I like. That ain't it.

glazios
2010-06-09, 07:21 PM
Y'know, I'm so glad this thread isn't chocka with the Fox-stalker bullshi*t that's happening over at the Live Action Blog... God knows I've just p*ssed on the hornet's nest over there with the comment I just made... _

Also, why is it that everyone who gives a toss about who they've replaced Fox with, seems to have literally lost track of the idea behind these franchise? Strikes me that they care less about "GIVE ME YOUR FACE!" and more about "dat a$$!" Which, to be fair, really isn't the point of a film about giant space-alien robots kicking the grease out of each-other, is it?

These people need to grow up and move the hell on...

Sades
2010-06-09, 07:27 PM
I for one have given up hope on most of the "give me your face" being intelligent enough to justify the cost of a full-price ticket so am hoping that "dat a$$!" can at least keep me distracted long enough in between "ooohh... giant robot go smashy-smash" es.

glazios
2010-06-09, 07:41 PM
I for one have given up hope on most of the "give me your face" being intelligent enough to justify the cost of a full-price ticket so am hoping that "dat a$$!" can at least keep me distracted long enough in between "ooohh... giant robot go smashy-smash" es.

And that's the sad thing... most people seem to have traded up on seeing the transformer characters for the human ones, primarily Sam and Mikaela, which is presumably why everyone's so pissed off.

So long as we get equal amounts of transformer screentime as human screentime, I don't particularly give a toss either way, because I'll likely go and see it regardless.

But seriously, these idiots who're touting that TF3 will bomb at the boxoffice simply because the production has jettisioned Megan Fox need to get a life.

Christ, some of them think Jennifer's Body was a screaming success... which is a load of shyte...

Cliffjumper
2010-06-09, 07:46 PM
TBH, most of the real people I know who've seen the films are as interested in Sam, Mikaela, Lennox, Epps and Simmons as they are in the Transformers themselves. For a huge proportion of the audience it's the first TF fiction they've seen in 10 years, or 20 years, or even ever. To these people the TFs are the aliens in Independance Day or the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park - they're the reason the story happens rather than the story itself. We're the mental ones for getting attached to Jolt or Bonecrusher.

FWIW, I'll miss Mikaela. Fox wasn't really my type, but for a girl in an action movie she wasn't bad - the general idea of her being much more capable at just about anything but accidentally buying an Autobot was great fun, and Fox was good enough at putting a bit of life into her lines. I'll miss her more than I'd miss, say, Arcee.

Sades
2010-06-09, 08:09 PM
That's weird. Most of the real people I know are the type that go "Why weren't there more Transformers in the Transformers movie?" However they are also generally the type to go on and say that a live action version of the animated movie would have been much better, while I try to pretend I agree, am completely silent/busy pretending I know nothing about Transformers or hiding behind the boyfriend. Getting involved in a conversation like that irl with someone who is convinced they know more than I do is annoying- when it turns out that I know more than them on this particular subject, they usually go silent and lose interest in the conversation, anyway.

Cliffjumper
2010-06-09, 08:20 PM
I know a couple of 'em, but I don't really count them as real people - it's usually the students who wheel out that crap absed on having seen TF:TM in an ironic context at some point.

For various reasns, most of the people I speak to tend to be 3-4 years younger than me, and it's amazing the difference it makes as to what they saw/remember as a kid.

DeathProof
2010-06-10, 12:57 PM
When I was pre-teen/early teens, Transformers G1 was part of my day, everyday. It came on right after I got off of my school bus, and it holds many great memories for me. Probably why I bought the foreign edition of the complete G1 series (cheapskate).:clap:

Having said that, I knew when it was announced that it wasn't going to be the same thing I used to watch. It would have to have a modern twist with more of a human element to actually be able to be a success, but I didn't care. I love the franchise and I believe we all do or else we wouldn't be on here. Though there were things that were done that I wasn't a big fan of, I'm just happy to be seeing it.:)

Have no idea why I felt the need to type this but I've seen more useless entries on here. I've actually made some of them. :up:

Catalyst Dragon
2010-06-11, 12:09 AM
She's not bad looking but I liked Fox better.

I personally wouldn't be the least bit suprised if theres no mention of her absence in the movie at all... Considering we've already had several characters, both bot and human just dissappear without a trace.
Primary example being Barricade.

Prowl1984
2010-06-24, 07:44 PM
Can't be arsed to read thread, why they're bothering hiring a model over an actor i don't know. i thought they got rid of Fox because the story kept heading towards "my girls in trouble as she runs slowly from those explosions! here I come to save the daaaaaay" Sillyness, I'd like to see humans play a minor role in the next film, especially after Sam's parents and their abundance of "comedy" scenes...