PDA

View Full Version : New toys for 2010/post-movie

Clay
2010-06-25, 10:36 AM
Right, the thread for the ROTF line seems to have run its course (http://www.tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=45770) as we're now getting into a new line simply dubbed 'Transformers' with a couple of subsets, so let's start over!

Clay
2010-06-25, 10:38 AM
stuff from Botcon 2010, via TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/310342-tfw2005-botcon-2010-coverage.html)

Seacons reissue in their original colors; sold as a set.
MP Grimlock in package
Several 'movie scenes' box sets of repaints

More to come, obviously.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-25, 12:59 PM
The Seacons thing is cool, if only because it'll piss off anyone who was actually mad enough to pay for the Tango'd version.

I'm also suddenly appreciative of the fact sigs are turned off in our news forum.

praetorian
2010-06-25, 03:59 PM
Wave 1 is out: includes WFC Optimus and Bumblebee, Drift, and Thrust.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/wave-one-of-generations-out-at-retail-170021/

Thunderwave
2010-06-25, 04:37 PM

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/wave-one-of-generations-out-at-retail-170021/

I picked up 3/4ths of Wave 1 of Generations at the local TRU yesterday. I was highly surprised to find it sitting there. Only one figure was missing and at worst I'll pick it up Thursday.

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-06-25, 04:58 PM

Anyone in the know got a UK release date? There's only so much loitering in the Tesco toy aisle on the off chance a man can take...

Clay
2010-06-25, 06:07 PM
Pictures and stuff! (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfw2005-botcon-2010-coverage--autobot-alliance-academy-new-toys-and-more-170037/)

Halfshell
2010-06-25, 07:20 PM
The Seacons thing is cool, if only because it'll piss off anyone who was actually mad enough to pay for the Tango'd version.

Did that ever actually get released? I thought taste and decency had intervened?

inflatable dalek
2010-06-25, 07:30 PM
It was a Fan Club exclusive thing wasn't it? As in "Send us lots of money and we'll not only send you a magazine with pictures that are on the internet with days and a terrible comic strip but also give you the chance to send us more money for a toy coloured by a blind epileptic having a spasm".

I might be confusing it with one of the other terrible club exclusives though...

Notabot
2010-06-25, 07:35 PM
They couldn't even get Animated Ironhide's head up properly for the BotCon display? That's disappointing. Rodimus looks great, though!

HeavyArms
2010-06-26, 06:30 AM
I want all the combiners, although the colouring on Constructicon Devastator doesn't really mesh well in my opinion. Also, are they releasing the Devastator set and the Seacons in world wide retailers or are they con exclusives (the Seacons being limited edition probably prevents that, but I can hope right!).
Also, shout outs to Rodimus Minor and Masterpiece Grimlock.

Wildrider
2010-06-26, 08:12 AM
Those versus movie packs look shit, is that a deluxe verusus a legend character? I know kids probably won't mind, but when I'm trying to have an epic encounter with Desert Brawl and erm tiny sized Jolt in the bath amongst the bubble city of Mister Matey, I don't want to have one eye open and hold Brawl about a yard further away from Jolt to attempt some kind of perspective.

Bumblebee versus tiny Grindor! Oh dear at least the Sideways one looks ok-ish.

On the plus side the green deco of Devastator really looks cool.

Clay
2010-06-26, 09:23 AM
Those versus movie packs look shit, is that a deluxe verusus a legend character? I know kids probably won't mind, but when I'm trying to have an epic encounter with Desert Brawl and erm tiny sized Jolt in the bath amongst the bubble city of Mister Matey, I don't want to have one eye open and hold Brawl about a yard further away from Jolt to attempt some kind of perspective.

Tanks are much bigger than cars. Legends Jolt versus Deluxe Brawl is probably about just right.

Housewife2000
2010-06-26, 12:56 PM
Legends Cars and Deluxe cons scale pretty close:

circa 1.70 - 1.80 scale:
Legends: The cars - Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Sideways etc
Scouts: Breacher, Ransack, Skytalker etc
Deluxe: Proto Prime, Soundwave, Dirge, Tomahawk, Terradive etc
Voyager: Seaspray, Starscream, Megatron, Mindwipe

1.40 - 1.50 scale:
Scouts: The cars - Dead End, Brakedown, Dune Runner
Deluxe: Ironhide, Ratchet, Rampage
Voyager: Prime, Mixmaster, Bludgeon
Leader: Megatron, Starscream

1.30 - 1.40 scale:
Legends: Arcee, Ravage
Scouts: Dirt Boss
Deluxe: The cars - Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Twins etc
Voyager: Ironhide, Ratchet
Leader: Prime, Brawl

So Jolt v Brawl and Sideways v bikes are about right, but Bumblebee v Legends Grindor is insane, unless there's some kind of Hot Shot / Jolt reference going on.

Clay
2010-06-26, 08:03 PM
More pictures of brand new toys! (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/more-new-toys-from-botcon-hasbro-display-170058/)

Wildrider
2010-06-26, 09:51 PM
Tanks are much bigger than cars. Legends Jolt versus Deluxe Brawl is probably about just right.

Your perspective is off sir, I draw you to exhibit B, Bumblebee versus Baby Grindor, awwwwww, it's cute. BUT IT'S WRONG!

Although the idea of holding impromptu strafing runs along my desk with a baby Grindor is infinetly more appealing than say a baby Jolt being bullied by a fat Brawl.

Blackjack
2010-06-27, 11:24 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-hunt-for-the-decepticons-images-from-botcon/19048/

Voyager Highbrow, Deluxe Tomahawk and Deluxe Terradive.

Cliffjumper
2010-06-27, 11:58 AM
Seriously hoping that's a mistransformed P-38 (Highbrow?). If so, Classics Bolt!

EDIT: Nope, looking at other pictures it looks like he turns into something fcking ugly, Blohm und Voss stylee.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-27, 12:10 PM
I'd have thought Highbrow would be the blue guy who looks like he turns into a helicopter underneath. With Terradive named underneath that would make the green guy Tomahawk. (I know, beyond Bolt you don't care).

I like the head design on the bottom two, nice bit of variety.

Warcry
2010-06-27, 03:09 PM
Nope, the blue helicopter is Tomahawk -- we've seen pictures of him before.

It's a shame Terradive is yellow, because that colour doesn't work very well at all with the trident and nautical-themed head mold. Inevitable blue repaint ahoy!

On the Classics front, Red Alert and Dirge both look cool. But alas, Blurr doesn't really look anything like Blurr. He's just a blue Drift with guns, and very 'anime' looking and generic. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was hoping for better. :(

inflatable dalek
2010-06-27, 03:12 PM
Wait, so they do a blue helicopter and give the Highbrow name to someone else? Wacky Hasbro.

Warcry
2010-06-27, 03:43 PM
More news: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2010-hasbro-designers-panel-170066/

Bullet points so far:

Legends versions of G1 Prime, Megatron (as a gun) Prowl and Starscream
Scout Class Windcharger
Deluxe Scourge, Thunderwing, Skullgrin (Straxus remold), Tracks, WFC Cliffjumper, Jazz, Perceptor, Mindset (Hailstorm redeco), Fallback (Outback, ROTF Brawn redeco), a possible Reflector,
Voyager Grapple (Universe Inferno with a new head), a new Fallen and a new Lugnut (movie-style?)
A bunch of new Power Core Combiners
Some info on The 13
Apparently they would like to update some more of the cassettes at some point
No pics of any of this yet, but it sounds like Hasbro showed off at least some of this. Presumably they'll be posted in the usual places within a few hours.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-27, 03:51 PM
Scourge, huzzah! Hopefully it'll be the Targetmaster version to compliment Cyclonus.

With Thunderwing and Skullgrin joining ROTF Bludgeon we're getting a nice little group of Pretender homages as well.

Notabot
2010-06-27, 07:52 PM
It's a shame Terradive is yellow, because that colour doesn't work very well at all with the trident and nautical-themed head mold. Inevitable blue repaint ahoy!
(

I think the alt mode of a jet is less in line with the nautical themed head and trident. And the name Terradive. Maybe he's like a Bizarro-bot.

pegasusprime
2010-06-28, 12:00 AM
is grapple in generations? or hunt for the descepticons

Warcry
2010-06-28, 12:20 AM
Scourge, huzzah! Hopefully it'll be the Targetmaster version to compliment Cyclonus.
Alas, it doesn't look like it (they've added more info to that link I posted).

Apparently they're also doing a Kup, although there's no details about exactly what he's going to be.

is grapple in generations? or hunt for the descepticons
That's the strange thing...Generations is supposed to be deluxe-only from what they've said so far. That would force both Grapple (voyager) and Windcharger (scout) into the movie-style line even though they're supposed to be G1 characters.

Catalyst Dragon
2010-06-28, 12:40 AM
I just ordered WFC Optimus and Bumblebee from TRU.

Really looking forward to Scourge and Windcharger. The blurr dosn't really look like Blurr to me.

Alot of the other new stuff looks great.

pegasusprime
2010-06-28, 02:12 AM
yes, it is really strange if they have plans to do that it have been more practical to me, to not create generations and release all of them in one line , the only things that are missing are a classics soundwave with buzaw and lazerbeak and maybe blitzwing to coplete the descepticons triple changers and finally the classics version of shockwave the third movie main villain and the impossible dream a powermaster optimus

praetorian
2010-06-28, 05:00 PM
Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe and Legends Wave 1 is out in US; also PowerCore combiner two-packs and five-packs:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/hunt-for-the-decepticons-deluxe-and-legends-wave-1-powercore-combiner-2-packs-and-5-packs-out-in-us-170072/

Notabot
2010-06-30, 05:10 AM
Saw the Powercore guys today (2s and 5s). Horribly disappointing. I thought the 2s were going to be deluxe sized, but they're kind of scout sized with a minicon. The combiners are a scout sized leader with bloated mini-con minions. I also saw and was disappointed with deluxe Ironhide. He looks scrawny. I was so excited about this wave of new stuff, and only Seaspray and the WFC Prime and Bumblebee are still wants now that I've seen them in person. :(

Springer85
2010-06-30, 11:39 PM
I'm really liking Blurr. :o

It must be the head mold and the sniper rifle which I like very much :up:

Halfshell
2010-07-01, 08:06 AM
Some info on The 13

Presumably not the mercifully aborted comic?

Somebody wake me when they announce more Robot Heroes. :(

Blackjack
2010-07-02, 05:46 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-aa08-elita1-revealed/19096/

Takara's release of Elita-One is a repaint of Arcee instead of Chromia, which looks more like her character model.

:( I want...

Blackjack
2010-07-20, 10:52 AM
Generations Blurr in-package pictures. (http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1712/)

Generations Dirge in-package pictures. (http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1713/)

Power Core Combiners wave three: (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-images-of-power-core-combiners-wave-3-fivepacks-and-twopacks/19166/)repaints of Searchlight as Windburn (as a homage to Gobot Twin Spin), Skyburst as Darkstream and Bombshock as Steelshot with a mismatch of Minicon partners of the first three deluxes. Also, using repaints of Smolder and Huffer and a mix of the Combaticon and Aerialbot limbs, we have a Protectobot gestalt (Stakeout) and a Destron gestalt (Crankcase).

Repaints of ROTF Mindwipe and Skystalker as G2 Dreadwind. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-images-of-g2-2010-dreadwing-and-smokescreen/19273/)

A HFTD Mudflap/Starscream two-pack, plus Stealth Force toys (ROTF Gears, ROTF Megatron, Classics Inferno and Moie Optimus). (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/walmart-update---official-images-of-upcoming-transformers-figures-170154/)

Springer85
2010-07-20, 01:35 PM
Generations Blurr in-package pictures. (http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1712/)

Well, Blurr is definately going to be added to my collection (unless there's going to be a Henkei version of it?) and will stand nicely next to my City Commander Ultra Magnus, Warbot Defender Springer and Hot Rod. :D

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a Kup :halo:

Sades
2010-07-20, 06:30 PM
Those power core combiners are a bit lame. My boyfriend purchased two over the weekend- larger figs were kind of cool, wasn't impressed by the smaller. Backwind was especially poor, with every mode of his being crap- The gun mode was basically him twisted into some sort of weird yoga pose. Armour mode was the least crap, but it's hard to **** up a chestplate.

Probably not whole lot that can be done with figures that small, though. On the other hand, I might be picking myself up a Blurr eventually. Maybe.

Notabot
2010-07-20, 07:40 PM
I had been under the impression that the power core guys were deluxe sized, so I was pretty disappointed when I saw them in person. I'm excited about the new Generations figures, but really haven't been that thrilled about much else lately.

Clay
2010-07-22, 11:24 AM
New stuff at Comicon. (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/sdcc-2010-transformers-power-core-combiners-wave-3-display-170255/)

Clay
2010-07-22, 11:26 AM
Also stuff from Comicon (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/sdcc-2010-transformers-hasbro-booth-images-170250/)

Paul053
2010-07-22, 02:54 PM
What worries me much are seeing more Bumblebees. What's up with that Bombing Run Battle pack that Grindor is totally out of scale. And then another pack with Rampage and Ravage. Guess Hasbro are really trying to clean those up. BTW, the desert ruins Brawl's color scheme looks terrible.

Clay
2010-07-22, 05:24 PM
What worries me much are seeing more Bumblebees. What's up with that Bombing Run Battle pack that Grindor is totally out of scale. And then another pack with Rampage and Ravage. Guess Hasbro are really trying to clean those up. BTW, the desert ruins Brawl's color scheme looks terrible.

Bumblebee, along with Prime, is a flagship character that Hasbro and retailers want to be on the shelves at all times.

If it gets us Henkei coneheads, video game toys, a new Seaspray, etc. in the shuffle, so be it.

Blackjack
2010-07-24, 09:46 AM
http://www.allspark.com/content/view/7592/20/

In a strange move for a Movie based figure, TakaraTomy's just released Autobot Alliance Human Alliance Jazz and Captain Lennox varies from the recently released Hasbro version. The differences are mostly minor, but the most notable differences are Hasbro's has a clear blue visor, clear blue windows, copper/brown hands and joints, and silver around the fog lights, while TakaraTomy's has a brown visor, clear colorless windows, black hands and joints, and black detail around the fog lights. Also Hasbro's Lennox is dressed in light gray to match his outfit at the end of the first film while TakaraTomy's is in dark green seemingly to match the outfit he wore in the second film. TakaraTomy's changes to Jazz try to mimic the movie and realistic Soltice car more while Hasbro's offers some more visual variety than TakaraTomy's.

Clay
2010-07-30, 11:24 AM
ZOMG PICTURES NEW STUFF WTFBBQ (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/images-from-cybertron-con-new-transformers-products-panel---scourge-thunderwing-goldbug-jazz-170308/)

inflatable dalek
2010-07-30, 11:34 AM
A Dinobot combiner? The fools, they actually did it! Damn them all to hell!

Grimstone?

Neuronutter
2010-07-30, 11:35 AM
I like the look of the deluxes. Jazz and Scourge especially.

Grimstone?

That is pretty funny. Thought they'd learnt their lesson with Dinobot combiner from Energon.

Halfshell
2010-07-30, 11:49 AM

Grimstone?

It's times like these I'm glad that my "Buy all Dinobot toys that are based on the original five and are inorganic" also had the clause "that I don't reckon are rubbish."

Which basically lets me be an obsessive completist without being silly about it.

inflatable dalek
2010-07-30, 11:50 AM
Thunderwing looks a bit cack as well, a shame as I really wanted that one to be good.

Springer85
2010-07-30, 12:22 PM
Well, guess I have to ask permission to my wallet for getting a Jazz and Grapple figure. :p

Blackjack
2010-07-30, 12:35 PM
Jazz and Windcharger look amazing. That Legends Megatron look neat as well. That Tracks also look buyable. Grapple's also not bad--love the segmented tow attachment.

The rest? The PCC Dinobots are laughable, Thunderwing is disappointing, Perceptor's arms are too small, while I'm praying that Scourge is mistransformed/misassembled.

inflatable dalek
2010-07-30, 12:39 PM
The rest? The PCC Dinobots are laughable, Thunderwing is disappointing, Perceptor's arms are too small, while I'm praying that Scourge is mistransformed/misassembled.

The way Fracas (assuming that's what it's supposed to be) is stuck to his wing in robot mode doesn't look right at least. I'm not sure about the logic of a bright blue stealth bomber either.

Halfshell
2010-07-30, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure about the logic of a bright blue stealth bomber either.

BLUE IS THE COLOUR OF THE SKY. YOU DON'T GET STEALTHIER THAN THAT.

Blackjack
2010-07-30, 12:48 PM
The way Fracas (assuming that's what it's supposed to be) is stuck to his wing in robot mode doesn't look right at least.

There's a Fracas? -goes back to see pictures-

The shoulders and arms look misassembled/mistransformed at least. It might be a decent figure, but I'll reserve judgment for the figure itself.

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-07-30, 12:57 PM
There's a Fracas?

There's nearly always a fracas when it comes to who likes/dislikes which new toy! ;)

For my part, Jazz, Grapple & Scourge are must buys, while Tracks & Windcharger will need closer investigation.

Clay
2010-07-30, 01:19 PM
The way Fracas (assuming that's what it's supposed to be) is stuck to his wing in robot mode doesn't look right at least. I'm not sure about the logic of a bright blue stealth bomber either.

New Scourge isn't a Targetmaster. No Fracas.

inflatable dalek
2010-07-30, 01:26 PM
New Scourge isn't a Targetmaster. No Fracas.

That's one bloody hidious looking gun if it doesn't turn into an ickle man. How am I going to act out Dry Run now?

Blackjack
2010-07-30, 01:30 PM
That's one bloody hidious looking gun if it doesn't turn into an ickle man. How am I going to act out Dry Run now?

It's all part of Hasbro's elaborate plan to buy two Cycloni in order to get a second Nightstick.

inflatable dalek
2010-07-30, 01:34 PM
It's all part of Hasbro's elaborate plan to buy two Cycloni in order to get a second Nightstick.

Hah, more fool them as every time I act it out I'd have to buy a new Cyclonus and Nightstick afterwards anyway.

Paul053
2010-07-30, 02:36 PM
Perceptor is a WHAT? If they can't make a microscope or don't want to, there should be something else better. That made me want to grab the reissue now.

ganon578
2010-07-30, 03:47 PM
Well, guess I have to ask permission to my wallet for getting a Jazz and Grapple figure. :p

I wholeheartedly agree. I'll probably have to ask my wife too. Might also have to sneak Perceptor in there too, though I'll need to see some clearer shots before pulling the trigger on that one...

But damn am I excited for Grapple!!!! :D

Wildrider
2010-07-30, 03:56 PM
New toys are always good, but Jazz? I mean, sur ehe's popular, but have we not had a definitive Jazz yet? I think I'm just sick of him/indifferent to another Jazz. Windcharger looks ok, if a bit generic, Grapple looks the most fun out of all of them for me. Definetly one I'd think about buying.

I don't mind Perceptor's alt mode, looks suitable, changing into a giant microscope was always a bit hammy for a scientist anyway. Perceptor was hard as nails in the US Marvel Comic and his microscope mode was something of a big old cannon wasn't it?

Arms look a bit mis-transformed/short on him though.

I won't lie, that Dinobot monstrosity looks awesome, if I can't have frenzy Rumble's masterpiece then that will have to do!

Thunderwave
2010-07-30, 04:44 PM
I like the look of the deluxes. Jazz and Scourge especially.

Wait...

Target Exclusive Cyclonus and Galvatron? Scourge coming out the same year as a deluxe?

Rumors of a new Kup figure floating around?

All I'd need is a good Springer and Ultra Magnus to come out and I'd be a happy camper.

Notabot
2010-07-30, 04:47 PM
Lots of good looking stuff in there. Lugnut is pretty disappointing, though. Disproportionate body parts are kind of off-putting. It'll be interesting to see them in person, though. Stuff that looks great in fuzzy pictures often looks not-so-great in the harsh light of reality (and Target).

Springer85
2010-07-30, 05:01 PM
Rumors of a new Kup figure floating around?

Now that would make my day :D

All I'd need is a good Springer and Ultra Magnus to come out and I'd be a happy camper.

Not happy with what Fansproject has given us? I doubt that there'll ever be a better Ultra Magnus than the City Commander :)

Thunderwave
2010-07-30, 05:42 PM
Not happy with what Fansproject has given us? I doubt that there'll ever be a better Ultra Magnus than the City Commander :)

Getting the City Commander would require much more bribing of my wife then I think I'm comfortable with. ;-) I'd have to get the base figure, the trailer, the upgrade/add-ons...

Getting her to agree to the new Swindle/Blast Off figures was hard enough. Convincing her to let me buy another Voyager/Ultra, or even Leader would be easier then the City Commander.

Not that I can't try at tax time and hopefully distract her. >.>

Bluecatcinema
2010-07-30, 07:25 PM
Nice. I'm liking all but Grapple, Jazz and Windcharger (Kinda fifty/fifty on Scourge and Thunderwing).

Brimstone
2010-07-30, 11:56 PM
Doesn't Windcharger kinda look like the Cliffjumper shown for the new TF:P show?

pegasusprime
2010-07-31, 03:33 AM
i only like jazz the rest..........meh

HeavyArms
2010-07-31, 11:45 AM
I like the two PCC 5-pack guys, I'll probably also get Scourge to complete the trio as well as Perceptor and Grapple.

pegasusprime
2010-07-31, 08:56 PM
you would kill me but i think most of the designs are bad and the quality of classics i going down they only think on the movie now i am thinking who were the ones tha maintain the franchise all this years and they pays us only concentrating on the movie that is really sad

Cliffjumper
2010-07-31, 09:07 PM
Yup, all those Unicron Trilogy toys, only fans bought them.

Notabot
2010-07-31, 09:31 PM
obviously thats right because they had to be a fan in order to buy it doesnt that make sense right but what im trying to say is that i

GAAAHHHH! I can't type like that even for a joke! I need punctuation and capitalization.
I am happy to see the return of the classics style as well as the continuation of the movie style stuff. It might get confusing (or irritating) for stores and the casual user to have several different lines running at once, but it keeps everyone happy.
(OK, that's not true, because everyone's never happy, but it gets us closer.)

Halfshell
2010-07-31, 09:46 PM
GAAAHHHH! I can't type like that even for a joke! I need punctuation and capitalization.

I think it helps if you try and equate txtspk to punctuation. Like putting "lol" wherever you'd normally have a comma.

Notabot
2010-08-01, 01:00 AM
Nice!

Brimstone
2010-08-01, 04:22 PM
So, I just purchased a couple classics figures. And it was kind of hit and miss. I bought Thrust and Drift. Thrust was a piece of crap. Seemed like a knock off. Very shoddy and the pieces don't fit together very well. Drift on the other hand was a big surprise! One of my favorite TF figures in a long time. Very well done and cool figure.

It'll be interesting to see if the character lives up to the fig. :)

Cliffjumper
2010-08-01, 06:15 PM
He doesn't

Blackjack
2010-08-02, 11:59 AM
http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=815.0

Some guys at KOToys had gotten advance shippings of the new Fallen toy. Or something. And they made them into an army-builder for the seven Primes. The new toy has got a staff weapon, better arms and a removable face mask.

But they're purple and blue, for some reason.

Clay
2010-08-03, 12:02 PM
I found the voyager wave two Prime figure at walmart this morning, so that's out.

Notabot
2010-08-03, 02:03 PM
Is that the one with Banzaitron in it as well? Saw him and Prime at a Wal-mart a couple days ago. Banzaitron's really ugly, isn't he? Nice to see the new stuff coming out, though.

Summerhayes
2010-08-03, 02:56 PM
removable face mask.

GIVE ME YOUR FACE!

If only the colour scheme wasn't so stupid and garish I'd finally have an excuse to stop ripping the masks off my brother's Bionicles to recreate that scene.

Paul053
2010-08-03, 03:16 PM
Is that the one with Banzaitron in it as well? Saw him and Prime at a Wal-mart a couple days ago. Banzaitron's really ugly, isn't he? Nice to see the new stuff coming out, though.

Yeah, but this time at least his swords are painted. Not the ugly gray as Bludgeon has and have to paint it by my self. Saw him yesterday, too but also passed him. Also passed Prime.

Blackjack
2010-08-04, 09:09 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/316931-new-previously-unannounced-figure-2-packs-found.html

Scouts class two-pack:

-Blue Maximus (repaint of ROTF Ransack, name is a Prussian medal given out in WWI) vs Crosshairs (repaint of ROTF Rollbar)
-Drydock (repaint of ROTF Depthcharge) vs Undertow (repaint of Cybertron Shortround)

Notabot
2010-08-04, 01:36 PM
I saw the Target exclusive 2-packs yesterday in Iowa. I didn't get any since I've got at least one of each of the molds, but $10 for 2 deluxes is a great price. Really hate the day-glo yellow they used on Bumblebee, though.

Thunderwave
2010-08-04, 08:13 PM
I saw the Target exclusive 2-packs yesterday in Iowa. I didn't get any since I've got at least one of each of the molds, but $10 for 2 deluxes is a great price. Really hate the day-glo yellow they used on Bumblebee, though.

They are only $10?! Might need to do some hunting later...

Thunderwave
2010-08-12, 06:09 PM
I saw two of the Wal*Mart exclusive 2 packs today.

The Bumblebee/Grindor one is...ugh to say the least. The yellow and green clash horribly and it just looks bleh.

The Brawl/Jolt one? Brawl looks like a box of crayons ate to much cheap Chinese food and the results ended up as Brawl's deco. Jolt is okay, but man is that Brawl fugly.

Thinking of that, what the hell Hasbro?

The Target 2 packs seem hit or miss. The Barricade/Sideswipe pair looks pretty good, imho. The Arcee/Tailwhip pair also looks decent, if only because I like the new color and deco for Arcee much much better then the original and because Tailwhip is a mold I don't own yet and ties in with Barricade from the 2 packs. The Twins/Sideways set is...eh. While you get the twins in a dirty, nasty deco the toys themselves are bleh to begin with, and Sideways really does not need a new, slightly changed deco. Lastly the Bumblebee/Thrust pack is...eh. I'd get it if the Bumblebee in it was not almost litteraly day-go. I swear you can see that thing in the dark it's so gawd awful bright. And they used the Bumblebee mold with those giant, kid like eyes that will STARE INTO YOUR SOUL!!!!!! I'd get it for the Thrust, but I don't feel like paying $20 and having an "Demonic Toys" version of Bumbleebee around as a result.

Jaynz
2010-08-13, 07:59 PM
I saw the Target exclusives today, but since I'm not a movie-figure fan they did nothing for me. (Besides, I was on the hunt for computer parts.. a failed hunt, as it turns out.)

I did see the Rallybots and Destructicons today (oddly, the Combaticons and Aerialbots seem like old news). Neither filled me with much interest, seemed like four half-ass legends figures stuck on a half-ass basic figure. So far, the only two of these guys to tempt me was Huffer and Bombshock... really just seems like the PCC line is missing something to make it really worth it.

The first wave of Generations was also represented and I now have Drift-chan and Thrust. I already had WFC Bumblebee but I'm trading it off. My daughter, who wanted it, threw it down in frustration so... out it goes. No more WFC toys, it looks like.

praetorian
2010-09-21, 12:38 PM
New Walmart Generations listings:

TRA DLX PERCEPTOR UPC 6-53569-56571
TRA DLX OPTIMUS PRM UPC 6-53569-56572
TRA DLX BUMBLEBEE UPC 6-53569-57672
TRA DLX FALLBACK UPC 6-53569-55797
TRA DLX MINDSET UPC 6-53569-55799
TRA DLX SPL OPS JAZ UPC 6-53569-5580
TRA DLX TURBO TRACK UPC 6-53569-55801
TRA DLX WRECKGAR UPC 6-53569-56573

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73078&st=0

Warcry
2010-09-21, 02:15 PM
I didn't realize those listings weren't common knowledge...ran into them a couple weeks ago. Mindset is a redeco of Hailstorm that we heard about a while back, but IIRC Fallback (Outback?) and Wreck-Gar were new.

Thunderwave
2010-09-21, 05:13 PM
I didn't realize those listings weren't common knowledge...ran into them a couple weeks ago. Mindset is a redeco of Hailstorm that we heard about a while back, but IIRC Fallback (Outback?) and Wreck-Gar were new.

Fallback is supposedly a redeco/retool of ROTF Brawn. Outback would be fitting.

Although, are those new OP and Bumblebee? Will we be seeing new versions of their classic G1 selves in the Deluxe price point?

Tracks?!

Warcry
2010-09-21, 05:56 PM
Fallback is supposedly a redeco/retool of ROTF Brawn. Outback would be fitting.
Makes sense to me.

Although, are those new OP and Bumblebee? Will we be seeing new versions of their classic G1 selves in the Deluxe price point?
Quickest way to figure out if they're new toys would be to check the UPCs in the listing against the ones for War For Cybertron Prime and Bumblebee. Does any one have those two on-hand?

Tracks?!
We saw blurry pics of Tracks along with Scourge, Jazz, Perceptor and the rest a few months ago.

Thunderwave
2010-09-21, 07:06 PM
Thanks Transformer's Club!

wreck-Gar in Robot and Perceptor in vehicle:

http://www.transformersclub.com/_images/ish_35.jpg

Wreck-Gar looks like he's made of junk. I like it on principle alone.

praetorian
2010-09-21, 07:26 PM
We saw blurry pics of Tracks along with Scourge, Jazz, Perceptor and the rest a few months ago.

Here's Tracks:

Robot mode. (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-522737.html)

Vehicle mode. (http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k133529057)

Warcry
2010-09-21, 08:28 PM
wreck-Gar in Robot
Very fitting. Very fitting indeed. I wonder what the alt-mode looks like.

Here's Tracks:
Well, it looks like that'll beat out the Alternator for looks and articulation. Good show. :)

Springer85
2010-09-21, 09:05 PM
YES! Wreck-gar! :clap:

Keeping my fingers crossed for a Kup in 2011

Thunderwave
2010-09-21, 10:29 PM
Here's Tracks:

Robot mode. (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-522737.html)

Vehicle mode. (http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k133529057)

*looks closely* Is that...is that...it is! A rubsign!

When was the last time you saw one of those?

praetorian
2010-09-22, 03:55 AM
*looks closely* Is that...is that...it is! A rubsign!

When was the last time you saw one of those?

Here, (http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/cla_rodimus.php) here, (http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/cla_starscream.php) and here. (http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/cla_optimusprime.php) Just to name a few.

Oh, and vehicle mode for Generations Thunderwing:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7436074107

numbat
2010-09-22, 08:29 AM
Some poor images of the lot and more (bar Wreck-Gar) taken at CybertronCon in China:

http://powet.tv/powetblog/2010/07/30/transformers-generations-jazz-thunderwing-and-more-show-up-in-china/

I'm not really taken by any except Windcharger (and Wreck-Gar), truth-be-told.

They totally butchered Scourge... What a shame.

And Tracks looks kibble-tastic. Ach well. (And am I missing something, or does he have four arms?)

inflatable dalek
2010-09-22, 11:07 AM
(And am I missing something, or does he have four arms?)

All the better to keep himself pretty with?

Rattrap's tail
2010-09-22, 01:51 PM
OKay, my day is made right now! Wreck-Gar! The customizers are going to have lot's of fun with this! I really love that legends g1 Megatron as well!
And, voyager Lugnut just made my day!

secretcode
2010-09-23, 12:13 AM
News Everywhere!

WFC Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-news-rumors/27186144d1285197119-better-pictures-upcoming-generations-hftd-scouts-pcc-generationsdeluxe.jpg)

Scout Brimstone repaint, and Windcharger. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-news-rumors/27186145d1285197119-better-pictures-upcoming-generations-hftd-scouts-pcc-hftdscout.jpg)

Powercore Heavyspike and unnamed Plane. (http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/tfmovpic/1285196455030.jpg)

Mindset, Fallback, Jazz and Tracks! (http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/tfmovpic/1285196651397.jpg)

Confirmation of Deluxe Class Laser Rod Prime and Legends Class Trailbreaker. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/326310-tfcc-confirms-even-more-generations-classics-trailbreaker-g2-laser-optimus.html)

And Japan isn't going to feel left out, as Henkei returns as Transformers United! (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/takara-tomys-transformers-united-photos-170613/) WFC Prime, Soundwave, Megatron, Bumblebee start off the line, as well as Japanese releases of that one Deluxe Optimus Prime, Drift, and Straxus, and rounded out with another release of Classics Gun Megatron. All of these toys abandon the usual Henkei chrome for the shiny paint from Alternity Cliffjumper and the Japanimated line.

Firestrider57
2010-09-23, 02:41 AM
I am a real G1 fan! I love the G1 figures and most homages to the G1 line, but CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY TRACKS LOOKS SO STINKING AWFUL!!?! Jazz is great ( although he's not a Porsche) the WFC guys look great, Highbrow and Wreck Gar look good, but why didn't Tracks get a Corvette appearance instead of that lame "Rice Burner" look. This reminds me of one of those cheesy 70's Opels or 280 ZX's . This looks awful!! Please guys ( Yo Hasbro!) reissue this guy as an actual Vette! You've got Prowl, Smokescreen, Bluestreak as 350 Z's ; Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Red Alert as Lambo's , and you guys can't pull off a Vette? C'mon ! I say this because of my affinity for Track's character. I liked the G1 '82 Vette and Alternators Vette. Just hoping you can do it again with a hot line.

secretcode
2010-09-23, 03:26 AM
It's a close-enough Corvette, just like how the Lambos were close-enough Lambos.

Springer85
2010-09-23, 09:56 AM
That Jazz looks awesome! Definately getting him! I have to say that now that I see Tracks properly transformed, I'm probably going to get him too.

Thunderwing doesn't look half as bad either, but I'd only be getting him because he was so awesome in the comics and I have his original toy too. He's sadly not a Pretender now so I'll list him under 'maybe' :)

Blackjack
2010-09-23, 12:29 PM
Trailbreaker! TRAILBREAKERRRRRRRR~! :D

Wreck-Gar is so bought. So is Tracks. And Jazz. And Mindset. Thunderwing doesn't look that good, sadly, but that didn't stop me before. Ditto for Scourge.

numbat
2010-09-23, 01:50 PM
Tracks is looking a lot better after being properly (or more properly) transformed. Still, not as great as I'd hope for... I am a huge fan of Corvettes (I am quite happy the alt mode does resemble this enough, although would have preferred the more familiar flame motif), and of Tracks, and will probably end up with it. It will tug at my heart strings...

Thunderwing also has benefited from better transformation (in both modes), and I like the effort that has gone into his design. But I didn't like the original design enough in the first place to actually buy it. Still, the recent releases are hinting at further exciting possibilities! And I am sure there will be a lot of people totally over the moon with Thunderwing and the various other oddities released lately!

Jazz does look really good - trouble is, I never really liked G1 Jazz in the first place...

Windcharger is looking better all the time!

Thunderwave
2010-09-23, 06:56 PM
Waittaminnuit!

So, in the span of about a year and a half or so we've got Bludgeon, and we might have Thunderwing and Skullgrin as well? MADNESS!

Then we've got Banzai-tron and Sparkcrusher (a pretty clear homage to Gutcruncher). What's next? What other obscure characters are they going to be pulling out next?

I want my Octopunch!

Warcry
2010-09-23, 07:26 PM
Jazz, Thunderwing and Scourge are all really, really tempting. Tracks, Prime and Windcharger, I think I want to see in person first. Skullgrin just looks silly -- it's amazing how much difference a coat of paint and a different head can make.

It's a close-enough Corvette, just like how the Lambos were close-enough Lambos.
^ This. Hasbro can't actually make Tracks a Corvette without paying Chevy licencing fees, which I doubt they're going to do for a Deluxe-class toy that doesn't have a major motion picture pushing it.

So, in the span of about a year and a half or so we've got Bludgeon, and we might have Thunderwing and Skullgrin as well? MADNESS!

Then we've got Banzai-tron and Sparkcrusher (a pretty clear homage to Gutcruncher). What's next? What other obscure characters are they going to be pulling out next?
It's actually been going on for a lot longer than that. The tail-end of the first Movie line gave us new versions of Crankcase, Getaway and Big Daddy. Universe saw new toys of Darkwing, Skyjack, Hardhead, Countdown and Storm Cloud. About the only thing that's changing now is that some of the obscure characters are getting their own molds instead of being done strictly as redecos.

But some of these newest toys give me lots of hope for even more obscure future redecos -- Jazz and Thunderwing mean that we'll see Ricochet and Black Shadow eventually, even if it's just as fanclub exclusives. Windcharger might lead to a new Tailgate or Rook, and I'd be shocked if Laser Rod Prime didn't become RiD Scourge.

Rattrap's tail
2010-09-24, 11:59 PM
Now, that's how HasBro should've done WFC Megsy, IMO

HeavyArms
2010-09-25, 07:27 AM
Gotta get Scourge, if only to complete the Unicron Minion trilogy. The Dinobots and Constructicons PCC 5 Pack are also must have, although they should change the name of the Constructicons commander as calling the bulldozer guy Steamhammer simply does not make sense. May get Tracks, Lugnut, Perceptor and Thunderwing, just depends on how they look in person. And I will get WFC Megatron (although I can't view his alt. mode) as well as Wreckgar.

Springer85
2010-09-26, 02:14 PM
New image of Tracks:

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1285469035_nihaohuwen-img600x450-12854661955lgxbu48950.jpg

praetorian
2010-10-02, 03:36 AM
Nothing new here regarding the toys themselves, but the Transformers Club store has some shots of the new toys in new packaging: Reveal the Shield

http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2269

inflatable dalek
2010-10-02, 08:25 AM
Sounds to me like it's talking about the rub sign with the "Reveal the shield" thing.

Cliffjumper
2010-10-02, 01:54 PM
Or it's another stealthier attempt to push those Marvel crossovers, and their previously seen headsculpts are replaced with the faces of Nick Fury, Dum Dum Duggan, that Contessa who ran things whenever Fury was pretending to be dead, etc, etc and so on.

Clay
2010-10-02, 08:28 PM
Or it's another stealthier attempt to push those Marvel crossovers, and their previously seen headsculpts are replaced with the faces of Nick Fury, Dum Dum Duggan, that Contessa who ran things whenever Fury was pretending to be dead, etc, etc and so on.

Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury or David Hasselfoff Nick Fury?

inflatable dalek
2010-10-02, 08:47 PM
Of the two I can see the Hoff being more likely to "Reveal" himself.

Rookwise
2010-10-03, 08:33 PM
Coming December 2010 for those who wanted the Universe Challenge at Cybertron pack but didnt want the Galvatron figure. There is now a new 2 pack called Battle In Space with just Rodimus and Cyclonus. This 2 pack also comes with a comic and also a Matrix of leadership. Priced at 23.95.
Also notice the Reveal the shield tagline. Looks to me like the usual Autobot/Decepticon symbols have been replaced with rub signs.

(Image taken from Kapow Toys pre order)

http://www.kapow-toys.com/images/tpinfom3406.jpg

Blackjack
2010-10-04, 01:52 PM
Simon Furman will be writing the comic. Boo will draw. Hot Rod vs Cyclonus, set prior to Hot Rod's transformation to Rodimus Prime in the original TFTM.

Simon blogs about it. (http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/)

So we know what Furman is doing now...

Summerhayes
2010-10-04, 04:24 PM
Wow, he's moving up in the world.
Just out of curiosity, was Cyclonus releasedindividually, not in any sort of Battli in **** multipack? I already have Roddy and Galvs . . .

Jaynz
2010-10-04, 06:21 PM
Just out of curiosity, was Cyclonus releasedindividually, not in any sort of Battli in **** multipack? I already have Roddy and Galvs . . .

Cyclonus was a regular deluxe figure in last year's Universe line. The deco on him is a little different in this release, though. Slightly more "anime-accurate".

Rookwise
2010-10-04, 08:38 PM
Also not been mentioned is G1 Legends Prowl.
Kapow Toys now have a Legends 6 pack up for pre order for 44.99 consisting of Trailbreaker, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Prowl, Goldbug and Megatron.
All six legends figures look like they also have the Reveal the shield gimmick.

Cliffjumper
2010-10-04, 08:58 PM
Forty-five quid for six Legends figures? Jesus Christ.

Rookwise
2010-10-04, 10:22 PM

There is the Universe/Classics 2.0 version in a dark purple (G1 toy accurate version), Henkei version which is the same as the challange at cybertron and battle in space version except that Nightstick has chrome legs on the Henkei version. Challenge at Cybertron and Battle in space Nightstick have painted silver legs but light purple feet and torso. The colours just dont go witht he rest of the figure.

The 2 pictured below are the original Universe version and the Challenge at cybertron version. I think the Cyclonus mold must be getting worn as my challenge version came very loose joints and sections not screwed together properly. Had to dismantle the figure and rebuild it correctly.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_R0Bq2mxCOwk/TKpRYPoPyLI/AAAAAAAAACg/YQBK2X7JwOI/s800/DSC_0006.jpg

Yeah. Works out at nearly 8 per figure. Then theres nearly 3 postage to add as well.

Image taken from Kapow Toys pre order page.

http://www.kapow-toys.com/images/tpinfom3404.jpg

I also wonder if someone (Fansproject) will decide to do an add on set for Legends Megatron and maybe a trailer for Optimus Prime.

Springer85
2010-10-05, 12:51 AM
Simon Furman will be writing the comic. Boo will draw. Hot Rod vs Cyclonus, set prior to Hot Rod's transformation to Rodimus Prime in the original TFTM.

Simon blogs about it. (http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/)

So we know what Furman is doing now...

Over here http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-generations-kup/19928/ is an image of the cover with a very interesting other character on it :swirly:

Here's hoping he gets a release too :D

Thunderwave
2010-10-05, 02:27 AM
Here's hoping he gets a release too :D

Given what I read it's very possible. The forms for Cyclonus, Rodimus, and Scourge/Sweeps are all the new molds. Plus from what's going around, the comic is essentially a giant ad for the next year's Transformers.

A new Kup? Looks probable.

numbat
2010-10-05, 08:37 AM
Also not been mentioned is G1 Legends Prowl.
Kapow Toys now have a Legends 6 pack up for pre order for 44.99 consisting of Trailbreaker, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Prowl, Goldbug and Megatron.
All six legends figures look like they also have the Reveal the shield gimmick.

Trailbreaker's certainly looking good. Not too sure about the rest. It's a shame they didn't bother with a new head for Goldbug.

Aye - 7.50 per figure! No matter how good Trailbreaker looks, he ain't worth that!

I'll wait until they're marked down in Asda...

Summerhayes
2010-10-05, 09:30 PM
That's fairly ridiculous, though about half of them haven't had a toy for a while.
But they're all pretty nice little figures of the characters.

Warcry
2010-10-10, 12:45 AM
According to TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-wheeljack-rumble-frenzy-kup-in-the-works-170713/), Kup, Wheeljack, Rumble and Frenzy are in the works. The first two come as no surprise after all the rumours that have been swirling, but this is the first I've heard of Rumble and Frenzy. It looks like they're supposed to be packed together at the Voyager price point, so I don't think they're going to be redecoes of each other this time around.

Springer85
2010-10-12, 08:46 PM
Looks like Tracks has a flying car mode :)

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/rts-tracks/img0134gg.jpg

Thunderwave
2010-10-13, 02:22 AM
BBTS has preorders (with photos) for Transformers 2011 Voyagers Lugnut (new mold.), Strafe (Mindwipe redeco), and Solar Storm Grapple (Universe Inferno retool).

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=voyager+2011

Blackjack
2010-10-13, 12:18 PM
First look at Kup:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-transformers-united-kup/20003/

Neuronutter
2010-10-13, 02:27 PM
First look at Kup:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-transformers-united-kup/20003/

Huh? Here I was thinking Kup was going to be a Rodimus redeco but he looks like a new mold to me. He also looks pretty nice in robot mode, not so good in vehicle.

Prowl1984
2010-10-13, 02:40 PM
Loving Kup! My only gripes would be the weapon and the chunky legs! when are these figures due for release?

praetorian
2010-10-13, 02:55 PM
Some official pics and pre-order for Voyagers Strafe, Solar Storm Grapple, and Lugnut:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19651&mode=retail

I really like Lugnut, but why did they have to go with the Animated-styled paint-job on his engines?

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-10-13, 03:06 PM
Some official pics and pre-order for Voyagers Strafe, Solar Storm Grapple, and Lugnut:

I really like Lugnut, but why did they have to go with the Animated-styled paint-job on his engines?

Errrr, do you mean "Solar Storm Grappel"? :lol:

praetorian
2010-10-13, 03:28 PM
Errrr, do you mean "Solar Storm Grappel"? :lol:

See? I knew I'd get jumped on. But it doesn't matter anyway, because I just noticed that what I put up is actually a repost. :lol:

Springer85
2010-10-13, 06:18 PM
First look at Kup:

Yay! Kup! :swirly:

The shoulders of Kup should be a little higher IMO and the wheels look a little out of place, maybe not properly transformed? Still gonna get him though! :D

EDIT: Also, pics of Jazz, Wreck-gar, Lugnut and Perceptor here: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-images-of-transformers-united-lugnut-perceptor-jazz-and-wreckgar/20005/

Sades
2010-10-13, 07:12 PM
Ooh, Kup is a maybe. Jazz is a maybe.

Thunderwave
2010-10-13, 09:36 PM
Huh? Here I was thinking Kup was going to be a Rodimus redeco but he looks like a new mold to me. He also looks pretty nice in robot mode, not so good in vehicle.

See, I like the vehicle mode. It looks like an old pick up truck. I always said that if they did do a new Kup with modern sensibilities the vehicle mode needed to be old and needed to be a pick up. This seems to fit both.

I also said they needed to ditch Skids/Mudflap and pick up Kup/Rodimus for comic relief for the movies. >.>

Summerhayes
2010-10-13, 10:49 PM
Wow! A Kup who actually looks like a pick up truck. He is definately on my list...

numbat
2010-10-14, 10:17 AM
Wow - Lugnut looks surprisingly cool (not a character I've ever felt any love for before - probably as I didn't really get into the Animated designs).

Wreck-gar is very cool.

And I like that they've given Kup a proper alt mode - rather than just a robot lying down. He does look pretty cool.

While Perceptor and Jazz do both have good robot modes (and Jazz also looks like Jazz in car mode), I will definitely be passing on them. Perceptor in particular doesn't make a whole lot of sense with his new half-track alt mode, while I just never really liked G1 Jazz.

Neuronutter
2010-10-14, 12:34 PM
See, I like the vehicle mode. It looks like an old pick up truck. I always said that if they did do a new Kup with modern sensibilities the vehicle mode needed to be old and needed to be a pick up. This seems to fit both.

I also said they needed to ditch Skids/Mudflap and pick up Kup/Rodimus for comic relief for the movies. >.>

Maybe the vehicle mode will look better in person but the photo shows gaps in the bodywork and it looks a bit like WFC Prime in the bodywork consists of lots of panels that sort of fit together, but not that well. It just doesn't look that well assembled. I'll probably still pick him up though.

praetorian
2010-10-14, 01:56 PM
More pics and pre-orders at BBTS:

Rumble/Frenzy (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11195&mode=retail)

G2 Optimus (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11197&mode=retail)

Scourge (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11196&mode=retail)

Wheeljack (Tracks repaint/slight retool) (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11194&mode=retail&picture=out)

numbat
2010-10-14, 02:15 PM
Scourge continues to look dreadful...

Depending on how he's painted, Wheeljack could be good - and would be the only of that lot to have any chance of convincing me to part with any cash (at standard retail - not at those import prices!), by the looks of it.

Springer85
2010-10-14, 02:47 PM
Well, Rumble/Frenzy are going to be bought, same with Wheeljack and probably Scourge too,

It's a good time to be a Transformers fan, but a very bad time to be a wallet :p

Neuronutter
2010-10-14, 09:05 PM
Scourge continues to look dreadful...

Yes he does. In the same way that Thunderwing and Silverbolt looked dreadful.

Springer85
2010-10-14, 09:34 PM
I'm probably the only one that likes Scourge then? :p I just can't help it when I see a Targetmaster. I just want to have him :D

secretcode
2010-10-15, 12:53 AM
...Except he's not a Targetmaster. His gun is styled after one.

numbat
2010-10-15, 09:42 AM
Yes he does. In the same way that Thunderwing and Silverbolt looked dreadful.
In fairness Scourge is dreadful in a whole different way:

- They didn't bother trying with Silverbolt (very G1 - but is that really an excuse?)

- They clearly put a lot of effort into making Scourge horrendous. Hopefully this was misguided effort, and not some cruel joke...

inflatable dalek
2010-10-15, 01:51 PM
Now see, I don't get giving Scourge a fake Targetmaster gun. I think I'd have been fine with him just having something based on his original gun, or a repaint of the little chap who came with Cyclonus. But going 95% Targetmaster but not spending the extra 50 pence on designing the thing to unfold is just annoying.

Warcry
2010-10-15, 03:30 PM
I agree with dalek that it's silly that they made Scourge's gun look like Fracas without actually transforming, although looking at it now it's pretty obvious that it's too narrow to transform into anything anyway. The funny thing is that they sort of shot themselves in the foot by giving a Targetmaster partner to Cyclonus. No one would have cared about Targetmasters if he'd come with a regular gun, but now people expect them to go that extra mile and get annoyed when they don't. Although strangely, no one seems to care that Kup and Blurr don't come with their partners.

I don't see where the rest of the Scourge-bashing is coming from, though. He looks like the character he's supposed to be (unlike, say, Blurr), he has normal proportions (unlike Tracks or Wreck-Gar), his colour scheme isn't eye-searing (unlike Skullgrin), the only kibble he has is 'supposed' to be there (unlike Kup), and he transforms into something similar to his G1 alt-mode (unlike Perceptor or Rumble). Considering who he's supposed to be I think they did as good a job as they could have, and I don't think he's come out especially better or worse than most of the other Generations guys. I'm not sure what the problem is, unless the people who don't like him didn't like Scourge to start with.

Summerhayes
2010-10-15, 07:45 PM
That Frenzy looks pretty good actually. Not the altmode I would have imagined, but it pays off.

I actually have a lot of love for the overall G2 Optimus design. Shame it never got a cartoon appearance.

Scourge has a 'tache, therefore everything is forgiven.

The Doctor
2010-10-16, 06:09 AM
I don't really have a problem with Scourge. My only gripe is his half assed gun but if push comes to shove I can replace it. This will be the only Scourge in my collection and I can't really afford to buy a nice complete G1 version right now..

praetorian
2010-10-18, 03:41 PM
Some hi-res pics of Rumble/Frenzy, including a new pic of the 'pile driver' mode:

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?req=PRODUCT&ett=20101018073232423930000000

Prowl1984
2010-10-19, 09:56 PM
Wheeljack and Scourge are definite purchases! Kinda wish Scourge's wings were bigger though. Are these all released next year? By all I mean pretty much the whole Generations line after Drift, Thrust etc

Warcry
2010-11-14, 06:51 AM
TFW has higher-quality pics of Wheeljack, Laser Rod Prime, Rumble, Frenzy and Scourge (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/new-images-of-takaratomy-united-wheeljack-frenzyrumble-scourge-and-laser-prime-170899/). Wheeljack looks really nice in colour and suits that mold a lot more than Tracks does. Scourge looks about as good as you could expect him to, if you want him to look anything like his original character model. Rumble and Frenzy really don't impress. Prime...doesn't look great but I think it might just be a very unflattering pose.

Also, it seems like Thunderwing is getting remolded with a new head and chest (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/thunderwing-remolded---japanese-black-shadow--energon-megatron-or-galvatron-170905/). It looks like they're turning him into Black Shadow. Even though I suppose I should have expected that, it still caught me off-guard.

Cliffjumper
2010-11-14, 01:29 PM
Scourge is about the only really impressive one... The G2 Optimus looks like that fat piece of shit from Energon, Wheeljack's arms are pathetic and there's something generic about the Cassette Brothers that I can't quite pin down.

Warcry
2010-11-14, 05:15 PM
The G2 Optimus looks like that fat piece of shit from Energon
Now that you mention it, I can see the resemblance. I think it's the windows that does it. I'm hoping that it's either the angle of the shot that does it, or it's just mistransformed. It seems like the windows are just floating there with about half an inch of space between them and the rest of his chest.

I suppose I'm hoping that he's going to turn out better than he looks because I'd really like a deluxe-class G2 Prime to go with the (seriously mediocre, but sadly still the best toy the character's ever gotten) G2 Megatron from Classics.

Wheeljack's arms are pathetic
I don't think they're especially short or mal-formed, although they're certainly not the huge monkey-arms the original toy had.

and there's something generic about the Cassette Brothers that I can't quite pin down.
The vehicle modes are what put me off. The way the robot mode's main colours are just sort of splotched all over makes them look like haphazard redecos of a completely different toy to me. The red one's not too bad but the blue one really jumps out at me.

Plus I still can't agree with myself on which is Rumble and which is Frenzy, so I'm predisposed to be annoyed them to start with.

Cliffjumper
2010-11-14, 05:34 PM
Mmm, Rumble & frenzy do just have that sort of... convention retool feel, like they've just grabbed a toy, jammed a new head cast on it and done the decos. Apart from the pile-driver bits, you could switch the head for someone else and recolour and it'd fit anyone else too - a bit like the Universe Ironhide/Ratchet mould. It's weird, as the originals are just blocks that turn into blocky robots, but there's just something half-arsed about them.

Wheeljack's arms just look too spindly - not so much compared to the apetastic Diaclone, but more compared to the spot-on big chunky legs.

inflatable dalek
2010-11-14, 09:27 PM
None of them are really doing anything for me. Scourge's gun and the alt mode/colour combination still annoy me (whilst I suppose there's no actual reason a stealth bomber can't be blue it just looks wrong as anything other than black), Wheeljack looks Ok but I don't really have any special affinity for the characte, G2 Laser Rod Prime is undone by me already having a G2 Laser Prime that's the equal of modern toys (and really, is there any pre-Beast toy that needs an update less?) and the rest are various shades of meh.

Plus I still can't agree with myself on which is Rumble and which is Frenzy, so I'm predisposed to be annoyed them to start with.

Look on the plus side, just buy one and alternate which character it is depending on your mood.

numbat
2010-11-15, 07:41 PM
They're all looking a bit dire to me... Wheeljack is the best of a bad lot, it seems.

Sades
2010-11-15, 07:46 PM
agreed=numbat

Redos aren't cool anymore, are they?

Denyer
2010-11-15, 08:00 PM
Impressed.

Wonder what the Hasbro paint jobs / plastic colour will look like?

Paul053
2010-11-15, 08:46 PM
Impressed.

Wonder what the Hasbro paint jobs / plastic colour will look like?

According to the printed Japanese on the images, Scourge, Wheeljack, and G2 Prime are oversea's version, which I say is Hasbro version. Next line mentioned domestic version coloring would be different, which I say is Takara version. Frenzy/Rumble only mentioned these are pre-product image, actual product may be different.

zigzagger
2010-11-16, 02:40 AM
More images of Generations "Sergeant Kup" @ KO Toys:
http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1133.0

inflatable dalek
2010-11-16, 05:21 AM
I like that, a very nice looking update. And, in the opposite of Scourge, by just giving him a normal looking rifle rather than trying to fake the targetmaster I don't miss it.

zigzagger
2010-11-16, 07:56 AM
Yeah. And since I've yet to come down from my LSOTW love buzz, he and Perceptor just might be possible buys for me. Though, Percy's alt-mode is a bit silly.

Sades
2010-11-16, 01:55 PM
Yup. Might buy Kup.

Thunderwave
2010-11-16, 02:02 PM
Yeah. And since I've yet to come down from my LSOTW love buzz, he and Perceptor just might be possible buys for me. Though, Percy's alt-mode is a bit silly.

It is, but you could do like I did for Straxus. I transformed him to robot and have no intention of ever changing him back. I didn't buy him for a half assed half-track, I bought him because he's F'in STRAXUS.

Cliffjumper
2010-11-16, 02:41 PM
Kup's another headcast figure. Change the head, change the colours, and he's Crankcase, or that one off Armada, or Dropkick, or Spastic, or whatever.

Warcry
2010-11-16, 04:32 PM
Hmmm? He's got Kup's chest, his 'belt' and his skinny, rounded arms. His legs aren't that far off either. The only thing about his robot mode that doesn't scream "Kup!" are the huge shoulder pads, although admittedly those are what jump out at you first because they look so out of place. But he's blatantly Kup, and he'd be Kup no matter what colours you toss on him.

Kinda ugly though, I have to say. Although I suppose that's in line with the "looks like Kup" thing...

Paul053
2010-11-16, 05:22 PM
Hmmm? He's got Kup's chest, his 'belt' and his skinny, rounded arms. His legs aren't that far off either. The only thing about his robot mode that doesn't scream "Kup!" are the huge shoulder pads, although admittedly those are what jump out at you first because they look so out of place. But he's blatantly Kup, and he'd be Kup no matter what colours you toss on him.

Kinda ugly though, I have to say. Although I suppose that's in line with the "looks like Kup" thing...

Well, then you should see the 3rd cover of the ongoing #13 (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1289281633_TRANSFORMERS13_previewCover3.jpg) and praise it doesn't look like that. :lol:

inflatable dalek
2010-11-16, 06:51 PM
The Cygar is gone! Praise de lord!

Shame Don still isn't giving a toss with the designs though.

Neuronutter
2010-11-16, 07:31 PM
Well, then you should see the 3rd cover of the ongoing #13 (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1289281633_TRANSFORMERS13_previewCover3.jpg) and praise it doesn't look like that. :lol:

What the hell is that?

numbat
2010-11-16, 09:23 PM
Well, then you should see the 3rd cover of the ongoing #13 (http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1289281633_TRANSFORMERS13_previewCover3.jpg) ...
I love it!

:love:

JDandCoke7
2010-11-17, 09:48 PM
What the hell is that?

Seconded... Maybe he overloaded on the cy-gar...

Warcry
2010-11-18, 05:35 AM
The Cygar is gone! Praise de lord!
:(

I hope Perceptor has the monocle then. Hasbro needs to do something to rile up the anti-McCarthy fanbase for my petty fleeting amusement.

There's some new pics of some of the upcoming Legends figures (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/reveal-the-shield-legends-images-170921/). They all look horrible, especially compared to the real nice legends that were made for the Universe line (Beachcomber, Brawn, Cosmos, Wheelie...). And Megatron has an orange barrel.

That's right: the two-inch long gun has an orange barrel. Really, US toy safety laws?

Summerhayes
2010-11-18, 11:41 AM
That's right: the two-inch long gun has an orange barrel. Really, US toy safety laws?

It's so the Men In Black don't accidentally try and use it as a WMD.

Blackjack
2010-11-18, 12:34 PM
My interest in the new Legends class toys has just waned, even the gun Megatron. Though I'm still getting Trailbreakcutter no matter what.

burnitall
2010-11-20, 06:00 AM
Those legends aren't so great. Saw them on TFW, people are excited about them like it was the second coming of jesus or something. :eyebrow:

Denyer
2010-11-20, 06:25 PM
According to the printed Japanese on the images, Scourge, Wheeljack, and G2 Prime are oversea's version, which I say is Hasbro version. Next line mentioned domestic version coloring would be different, which I say is Takara version. Frenzy/Rumble only mentioned these are pre-product image, actual product may be different.
Sorry, was being a bit sarcastic -- Hasbro product images bear so little resemblance to the actual finish of the products these days they're only really useful to indicate the shape.

Cliffjumper
2010-11-20, 07:24 PM
I like the way the Trailbreaker Legends figure looks deformed and bizarre even compared to the damn Diaclone. Armada-esque!

Paul053
2010-11-21, 05:05 AM
Sorry, was being a bit sarcastic -- Hasbro product images bear so little resemblance to the actual finish of the products these days they're only really useful to indicate the shape.

Not a problem and totally agree with you.

horizon
2010-11-22, 04:39 AM
??
The legends Megatron outclasses the G1 version by 10000000 times.
Starscream looks good enough to me.

legends ftw!!

:)
;)

Jaynz
2010-11-22, 02:50 PM
??
The legends Megatron outclasses the G1 version by 10000000 times.

30 years of design improvements will do that...

Blackjack
2010-11-23, 01:12 PM
New toys (http://www.allspark.com/content/view/8131/20/): Another movie-themed pack, with Hot Rod, Kup, Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus and a generic Junkion trooper (Scrap Heap, presumably a remold of Wreck-Gar) and the PCC Minicons get themselves repainted as Recoil, Firebolt and Fracas (Targetmaster companions to Kup, Hot Rod and Scourge, respectively).

Sadly, it's e-Hobby exclusive.

Paul053
2010-11-23, 03:15 PM
New toys (http://www.allspark.com/content/view/8131/20/): Another movie-themed pack, with Hot Rod, Kup, Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus and a generic Junkion trooper (Scrap Heap, presumably a remold of Wreck-Gar) and the PCC Minicons get themselves repainted as Recoil, Firebolt and Fracas (Targetmaster companions to Kup, Hot Rod and Scourge, respectively).

Sadly, it's e-Hobby exclusive.

Link broke somehow. Here is another one. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-teasers-for-ehobby-united-threepacks-and-minicons/20244/)

Warcry
2010-11-23, 03:34 PM
the PCC Minicons get themselves repainted as Recoil, Firebolt and Fracas (Targetmaster companions to Kup, Hot Rod and Scourge, respectively).
Actually, it's apparently Recoil, Fracas and Haywire (Blurr's partner). I thought that was kinda weird, but since the Minicons are apparently a separate set on their own it actually makes sense -- after all, Classics Hot Rod wouldn't be able to hold any of the Minicons unless they were remolded to include a handle he can use.

Thunderwave
2010-11-23, 03:37 PM
... a generic Junkion trooper (Scrap Heap, presumably a remold of Wreck-Gar)...

Want. Just him. Screw the rest of the guys. I'd love a generic Junkion for Wreck-Gar to ride around on.

Summerhayes
2010-11-24, 12:12 AM
Want. Just him. Screw the rest of the guys. I'd love a generic Junkion for Wreck-Gar to ride around on.

Yeah, my first thought when I saw Wreck-Gar was that you'd need to get two for the complete experience.

Jaynz
2010-11-24, 02:47 AM
Wrong Thread.

Blackjack
2010-12-11, 03:40 PM
Bunch of new Minicons (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-minicon-8-pack-eu-only/20372/) but they are European exclusive. Maybe to compensate for the lack of Spastic in the UK?

Cliffjumper
2010-12-11, 04:10 PM
Bunch of new Minicons (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-minicon-8-pack-eu-only/20372/) but they are European exclusive. Maybe to compensate for the lack of Spastic in the UK?

We have plenty of spastic in the UK. Check this piece of human shit: -

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/12/10/article-1337315-0C6B1E8E000005DC-522_634x582.jpg

JDandCoke7
2010-12-11, 09:34 PM
We have plenty of spastic in the UK. Check this piece of human shit: -

Who is apparently Dave Gilmour's son...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11972814

Cliffjumper
2010-12-11, 09:44 PM
Who is apparently Dave Gilmour's son...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11972814

Yup, those poor broke children of ultra-rich rockstars. He's also apparently a history student, and didn't know what the Cenotaph was (though "The Glorious Dead" would give most people a clue). Clue, mate: it's a monument to people who fought and died so you could have everything you've got today. I don't generally agree with papers like the Daily Heil or the Torygraph, but personally I hope they hound the ignorant twat for a few months. Or just cut him up and leave him in bins.

inflatable dalek
2010-12-12, 03:55 AM
(though "The Glorious Dead" would give most people a clue)

In fairness though, I've no idea why a relatively obscure Paul McGann Doctor Who comic has its own monument. Yes, it's the longest running srip DWM ever did, and yes it has the Master and Kroton, the Cyberman with a soul, in it. But giving it a proper memento with a flag and everything, well its no wonder some random woman was pissed.

EDIT: Wait.... "Son"... That's a man? I take all me completely serious post back.

Summerhayes
2010-12-12, 12:57 PM
I'm actually pretty sure I read one of the papers callin him a woman before they dug up the dirt.

As a young'n I often get lumped in with scum like that. I'm just glad I'll be a copper in a couple of months so people will know which side of the riot shield I would have been standing on.

On topic: if those minicons are eu-exclusive I dont think it'll be enough to convince me I live on the right side of the pond.

numbat
2010-12-12, 05:54 PM
I already have all of those moulds in original colours, which I do have to admit I actually prefer... But they are largely great Min-Cons, and worth picking up if you don't already have them in some incarnation.

I'd take them over Spastic anyday, regardless of name.

:swirly:

Cliffjumper
2010-12-12, 06:05 PM
I dunno, some of them atually give old Spazzy a bit of a run. Dive Plane? What does that even mean*? Heavy Liftor? Have Mattel trademarked the letter 'e'? Ironside? Why isn't he a cripple? Iron Claw - are they just jamming random words on the end of 'Iron' now and just relying on no-one giving a shit? Reachout? He sounds like a damn care in the community scheme. Barrel Roll? He was a prat in GI Joe. Bah. I'm so old and grumpy.

* = note to Waki-nerds and other joyless pedants: I know what it ****ing means, it's just stupid.

Warcry
2010-12-12, 06:16 PM
Ironside?
It they'd given this name to the boat it would have worked. :(

Buckshot's name is cool enough for the lot of them, frankly.

optimusskids
2010-12-12, 07:36 PM
Gets over the problems with Rumble and Frenzy because now you now effectively have a Grand Slam with actual robot mode

inflatable dalek
2010-12-12, 09:00 PM
Buckshot's name is cool enough for the lot of them, frankly.

Shouldn't people with buck teeth be offended?

Blackjack
2010-12-13, 02:45 AM
Mini-Cons are cheap ways to retain Transformer and GI Joe trademarks, come to think of it.

In Cybertron and the new Classics lines we had, at the top of my hat, Scrap Iron, Kobushi, Backblast, Iron Klaw, Ransack, Knockdown, Skyhammer, Cloudraker, Shockwave, Thunderblast, Snow Cat, Sky Lynx, Tankor... all those names (with the exception of Shockwave) that aren't likely to see much release but Hasbro is trying to keep.

Also, guys... Skipjack is an official character now. Takara is repainting the Legends class Rampage toy yellow and calling him 'Skipjack'.

Summerhayes
2010-12-13, 08:37 AM
The one that's now called Reacharound is actually a pretty nifty little toy. By arranging the crane arms, you can catapult bits of paper around the English classroom.

I don't really see the point in this set. I'd normally guess it was slapped on the shelves for copyright reasons, but I can't imagine Hasbro being desperate to protect those ridiculous names.

Brimstone
2010-12-13, 04:12 PM
The one that's now called Reacharound is actually a pretty nifty little toy. By arranging the crane arms, you can catapult bits of paper around the English classroom.Does anyone else find it humerous that they won't release "Spastic" in the UK, but "Reacharound" is a-okay? :lol:

Thunderwave
2010-12-13, 04:14 PM
Does anyone else find it humerous that they won't release "Spastic" in the UK, but "Reacharound" is a-okay? :lol:

Reacharound in general is just wrong.

Warcry
2010-12-23, 01:06 AM
According to TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-thundercracker-forthcoming-171143/), BBTS has a listing up for Generations Thundercracker. He's expected to ship in February 2011.

I suppose that's a bit late to be a Christmas present to the fandom, but I know a lot of people who'll be very happy if this is true.

Blackjack
2010-12-23, 02:36 AM
Awesome! :)

Warcry
2010-12-23, 02:42 AM
Also, Apprently Hasbro thinks Rumble is blue now (http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm?guid=044BA803-5056-900B-10D1-74F565287C1A&product_id=27840&src=endeca). That colour scheme looks exactly like Toy Frenzy and not much like the more purple Cartoon Rumble, but it is amusing that Hasbro can't make up their minds any more than the fandom can.

Blackjack
2010-12-23, 04:01 AM
Also, Apprently Hasbro thinks Rumble is blue now (http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm?guid=044BA803-5056-900B-10D1-74F565287C1A&product_id=27840&src=endeca). That colour scheme looks exactly like Toy Frenzy and not much like the more purple Cartoon Rumble, but it is amusing that Hasbro can't make up their minds any more than the fandom can.

Eh. Funny, after several years of insisting that Rumble is red whenever asked, and they do this? Must be a FIRRIB guy doing the name-slapping now.

Clay
2010-12-24, 10:58 AM
Entertainment Earth confirms that Thundercracker is part of Generations wave 7, still not as pretty as the one I painted for Halfshell.

tfw link (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-wave-7---wheeljack-and-thundercracker-171156/)

Cliffjumper
2010-12-24, 03:14 PM
Dear God, they've not gone with the horrible cartoon tone. Excellent stuff.

inflatable dalek
2010-12-24, 03:17 PM
Dear God, they've not gone with the horrible cartoon tone. Excellent stuff.

Did the Botcon version use a more cartoony scheme? If so they probably went for something different to cover themselves on the "Exclusive" nature of that toy (yeah, you know that if they didn't some fans would complain).

Warcry
2010-12-24, 05:09 PM
Actually, wasn't cartoon Thundercracker even lighter than that? Assuming that pic is accurate it seems like they've gone with some kind of in-between shade of blue that won't completely please anyone.

I kinda hope I never see this, lest I come down with a case of Seeker Completistism and end up spending $50+ on a Skywarp. :(

Rack 'n Ruin
2010-12-24, 05:51 PM
I kinda hope I never see this, lest I come down with a case of Seeker Completistism and end up spending $50+ on a Skywarp. :(

Seconded. Although I do like the look of TC, Skywarp's aftermarket prices are rather too large for my wallet, I'm afraid.

My (current) biggest regret when it comes to TF collecting... Back when the Classics line was new out I resisted buying the line because I was mad keen for all tghings Alt & BT. I therefore passed (repeatedly) on the shelf loads of exclusive Magnus / Skywarp 2- packs whenever I was in my local Woolies. AND IT WAS EVEN REDUCED TO 15 (1/2 price) FOR WEEKS!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :wall:

Notabot
2010-12-24, 07:23 PM
I actually scored Magnus and Skywarp on clearance at Target for $7, (not gloatin', just sayin') and was quite pleased. I've got all the classics seekers thus far (minus Dirge, but that'll happen soon enough). Problem is most of them are still in their packaging in the closet somewhere. But, yes, seeker completionism is a bit of a problem. Thankfully it's a great mold!

Cliffjumper
2010-12-24, 07:23 PM
I have Skywarp. He's in a box, somewhere. The first one to get a MISB U.S.S. Flagg to my door can have him.

I don't actually like the purple on Skywarp, it's a bit too pinky.

In all seriousness, though, people should probably check this out before going mental -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250740978436
Obviously booted and in need of minor touch-ups, but the guy's serially listing them and they don't seem to reach much more than a tenner.

Summerhayes
2010-12-25, 04:22 PM
Was there a masterpiece Thundercracker? Because to be honest, I've got more chance of completing my collection in that mold than in the deluxe size. But they're both great toys.

When are Kup et al available? And what site would I actually use? Normally I'd just amble about and pick up what I like the look of but I'm pretty keen on this whole wave...

Warcry
2011-01-08, 05:05 PM
New Generations toy listings (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-arcee-and-warpath-listed-171232/)

The highlights:
A new Starscream, possibly another Classics redeco.
Generations Warpath, something that's been suspected since the guy showed up in the Battle In Space comic with a suspiciously-new body design, and...
Generations Arcee. I figure this one will make a lot of people happy, if it's G1 enough.
Presumably all Deluxes, since they're listed as Generations.

Yay Warpath! I love the character because I owned the original when I was a kid, and the Legends-class Universe toy was a huge disappointment. Hopefully they'll get it right this time around!

Paul053
2011-01-10, 05:31 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-images-of-reveal-the-shield-g2-optimus-prime/20562/

I know I'm not interesting in this G2 Prime, but the wrist joint thing looks nice as long as they don't become loose, hope they can make that standard.

Paul053
2011-01-10, 05:33 PM
Walmart listing Generations Arcee and Warpath. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/possible-generations-warpath-and-arcee/20557/)

Summerhayes
2011-01-13, 08:01 PM
I'm pretty keen on the idea of a decent Arcee, if only because there are so very few female TFs worth buying.

Thunderwave
2011-01-18, 04:44 AM
I just got a look at United Wave 3 and, honestly, I think the US releases look better on all four of them.

Blurr is, as much as I hate to say it, too blue. The shades in robot mode are too close together and he looks like a big blob of blue.

Kup has that kind of shiny plastic for his body which strikes me as wrong for the character. And is he...smiling?

Perceptor has no chrome! All the chrome bits are white on him. Looks...odd.

Ad lastly Wreck-Gar is too bright. The subdued shades look more appropriate for a transformer made of left over spare bits and bobs.

Over all, for once, not terribly impressed in the least.

Slayer-Fan123
2011-01-23, 06:20 AM
Uh, Classic Warpath?
HELLZ YAH!

Brimstone
2011-01-24, 03:53 PM
Uh, Classic Warpath?
HELLZ YAH!
Yep. Dare I even say..."Ka POW!"

:D

Sades
2011-01-26, 02:40 AM
I thought there was a Warpath already done a few years back? Think it was a minibot or such though.

I'm betting on repaints/retoolings. Boringggg.

Thunderwave
2011-01-26, 02:58 AM
I thought there was a Warpath already done a few years back? Think it was a minibot or such though.

He was a Legends class figure. The one they recolored to make Sparkcrusher recently. Screw that, give me a proper KAPOW Deluxe.

Warcry
2011-01-26, 03:50 AM
A new Warpath design showed up in the comic that came with the recent Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack, and people who worked on the comic have confirmed on other boards that it was based on the design for the new toy. So Warpath at least is a new design.

Arcee? M'eh. People actually care about Arcee?

Thunderwave
2011-01-26, 04:37 AM

I could take her or leave her. I wouldn't mind a Classics style Arcee, but I'm not excited or anything. Bonus points if they make her a Headmaster.

Warcry
2011-01-26, 04:46 AM
Since she's slated to be a Deluxe, I'm not sure how well a Headmaster would work out. A Voyager or Ultra-class Headmaster could have a Minicon-sized partner, but on a Deluxe I don't think it'd work very well. Armada Sideways proved that.

Frankly, if they're going to be making a new Headmaster I'd rather see a Scorponok or Fortress Maximus, a larger toy that could really make the most out of the gimmick.

Sades
2011-01-26, 05:15 AM
A new Warpath design showed up in the comic that came with the recent Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack, and people who worked on the comic have confirmed on other boards that it was based on the design for the new toy. So Warpath at least is a new design.

Hmm. I'll have to see if there are scans of that floating about. Well, if I can be bothered/someone doesn't link to one before I start looking.

I've started to become more interested in Arcee recently; I'm hoping there's very little chance of it being a retool of anything currently out, and the toy design on the last fig (Animated) wasn't too bad. Different than your standard TF, anyway. It'd be nice if they'd stop it with the pink, but that's not going to happen.

Blackjack
2011-01-26, 09:47 AM
Scans aren't up yet I've looked. The panel with Warpath is scanned and up on the TFWiki, though. Not a bad design.

I hated Arcee, for the record. Only liked her IDW interpretations (what little she had in the Movie comics and G1's crazy stalker bitch thing). Her cartoon and Marvel comic appearances were banal.

Sades
2011-01-26, 09:59 PM
I was appreciative of the sparkles on the Arcee toy, too. Girls like sparkles.

Slayer-Fan123
2011-01-27, 04:37 AM
Scans aren't up yet I've looked. The panel with Warpath is scanned and up on the TFWiki, though. Not a bad design.

I hated Arcee, for the record. Only liked her IDW interpretations (what little she had in the Movie comics and G1's crazy stalker bitch thing). Her cartoon and Marvel comic appearances were banal.

1. I hate Arcee too.
2.Care to link the scans?

Warcry
2011-01-27, 04:54 AM
2.Care to link the scans?
Warpath, anyway... (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:RodimusVsCyclonus-totalvictory.jpg)

He looks like a bigger, more complex version of the Legends design to me. Definitely different, but taking a lot of inspiration from him.

glazios
2011-02-21, 12:04 AM
Does anyone have any idea when the RTS wave containing Lugnut will be officially released in the UK?

I put in a preorder for one over at Kapow Toys some weeks back when their website said "Due for Release: December/January", paid them, and then they waited a fortnight to tell me that the preorder wouldn't actually come through until 'sometime in March.' What kind of BS website lists their damn preorders as "IN-STOCK"?!

Now I'm sitting here like a fruit, wrestling violently with the idea of saying to hell with it and just importing one -- only problem with that brilliant plan is that Kapow's site doesn't seem to give me the option of canceling my order now that it's "processing", which is a load of BS seeing as they might not even GET the figure for the next 4-to-6 weeks.

'Case you hadn't noticed, I'm feeling kinda fcked off right now. :rant:

Rookwise
2011-02-21, 12:24 AM
Have had my fair share of problems with Kapow myself over the last 5 months. Their customer service is awful. The same person doesnt follow up on emails with most replies either irrelevant to the question or false promises which never happen (Mostly replied by Andy and Charlotte). Even their customer service by phone is awful and you get spoke to like something you wipe off you foot.
After 5 months of argueing with them I finally got my money back (which was over 200 worth). Am certainly not going to be in a hurry to buy from them again after nearly 3 years of using them.
Their number is 01603400602 if you want to call them which is what id advise you to do as their email system is dire.

glazios
2011-02-21, 12:36 AM
Have had my fair share of problems with Kapow myself over the last 5 months. Their customer service is awful. The same person doesnt follow up on emails with most replies either irrelevant to the question or false promises which never happen (Mostly replied by Andy and Charlotte). Even their customer service by phone is awful and you get spoke to like something you wipe off you foot.
After 5 months of argueing with them I finally got my money back (which was over 200 worth). Am certainly not going to be in a hurry to buy from them again after nearly 3 years of using them.
Their number is 01603400602 if you want to call them which is what id advise you to do as their email system is dire.

I got an answer to my email two or three days after I contacted them, but it was blunt, and I got the impression that they were thinking 'Why the fck did you not know this?' and generally felt like I was wasting their time.

I ordered from them because they are a UK-based site, and appeared to have the figure in-stock at the time I ordered it. Now they have my money, and - this is what's hacked me off most - I can't seem to be able to cancel my order without getting in-touch with them directly.

Hell, I can't even find anything on the site that details my right to cancel at my discression, which is a legal right that MUST be detiled to the customer, as I recall, and should NOT be hard to find on any website.

Rookwise
2011-02-21, 12:43 AM
There isnt anything on the site to allow you to cancel an order and the order details never get updated (i still have one from over a year ago saying processing). Only thing you can do is email them telling then to cancel the order but if you want your money back you really need to phone them otherwise you wont get it back. Be firm with them and dont take any messing about. They should refund your money before close of business if you paid via paypal.

glazios
2011-02-21, 01:12 AM
There isnt anything on the site to allow you to cancel an order and the order details never get updated (i still have one from over a year ago saying processing). Only thing you can do is email them telling then to cancel the order but if you want your money back you really need to phone them otherwise you wont get it back. Be firm with them and dont take any messing about. They should refund your money before close of business if you paid via paypal.

I did pay with PayPal, and they'd better give my money back without a fuss or I will complain to Trading Standards.

They picked the wrong guy to take for a ride, and they sure-as-shit picked the wrong day to do it.

EDIT:

Just recieved an email telling me that the previous contact misinformed me as to when they're due to recieve the stock; according to this new email, it's due in the first week of March, which is next week. If they still haven't posted my order by next Friday, I'm gonna be wicked-pissed, and will proceed to raise hell.

Won't be using Kapow again, as their website is misleading as to what they have in-stock and what they don't.

numbat
2011-02-21, 08:34 AM
Sounds very similar to a series of problems I had with EpicHeroes a few years ago - someone I'll never order from again (besides, these days their prices are ridiculous anyway!). Similar mess ups on stock (preorders where it turned out they hadn't even secured stock from a supplier, products not matching description, or ordering when they've been out of stock for months but not bothered to update their website. They similarly were very difficult to get money from, and customer service was shocking - rude, and they expected sympathy and understanding for their incompetence!)

I'll avoid Kapow too, now - thanks!

Good luck with it all, and I hope you receive your Lugnut.