PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime TV show news and rumours

Blackjack
2010-06-27, 12:52 PM
http://www.allspark.com/content/view/7417/20/

From Botcon attendees.

Prime will be a fully CG show. Movie set the bar, and they're pushing the limits for crazy awesome CGI on TV.

26 episodes so far.

Set in Movie continuity, small group of Autobots remaining on earth to thwart any returning Decepticons.

Optimus is leader, natch. Arcee's the girl.

Bulkhead!* Another Animated continuity transplant.

Ratchet, Bee and Cliffjumper round out core cast.

Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave.

Not revealing much more at this point.

Bots and Cons are spread throughout the universe- some in "sleeper mode", some are moving on, some are just plain lost. It'll allow them to expand the universe.

Jeff Kline grew up with the universe, and has enjoyed creating it and playing with it in various ways.

Trying to balance speaking to the established fans, and hooking kids coming in for the first time.

Why call the series "Prime"?* Nothing else could clear legal.

Seriously, though, it'll delve into what it means to hold the rank of Prime.

MEGATRON IS FRANK WELKER.

Series started production only 10 months ago, so the production lead times have been minuscule (consider, an episode of The Simpons takes nearly a year from concept to air)

Full CGI models aren't 100% complete yet.

Conceptual/flat art is being shown off at this point.

Trying to be as epic as possible; look and feel will be like nothing else on TV.

Sue Blu is back as voice director.(And probably Arcee.)

Megatron's voice is softer, more evil.

Prime is a little svelter, a little more Arthurian.

Buckethead is back for Megatron.

Canadian and other locations are under consideration; currently a US airing is all they have confirmed, since the focus is on the Hub.

Likely WON'T launch 10/10/10.

Writers have plots established until season 4, so Hasbro has a lot of faith in the longevity of the show.

There will be recurring humans but the show is mainly bot-centric.

Damaged models will exist for the cast along with robot, vehicle, and transformation.

Bulkhead is similar to Animated.

One Arcee not three and she's sassy.

Cliffjumper will get his own life and look.

inflatable dalek
2010-06-27, 01:05 PM
All CGI? That's going to be an interesting risk, there's a reason that it's never really taken off hugely for television, it's incredibly tricky and expensive. Still, it's pretty much going to mean a small focused cast, which can only be a good thing.

Blackjack
2010-06-27, 01:20 PM
Best case scenario, it turns out to be Beast Wars with the movieverse characters. Having the thing being plotted until season 4 is good. Advance planning and all that.

But I don't really like the CG model for Bumblebee...

Cliffjumper
2010-06-27, 04:06 PM
Yay! Me! Maybe I'll get a toy which basically isn't the same as Bumblebee's now, and isn't some shit dune buggy.

Now, if they could just make it so all the Autobots aren't the twats they were in Animated - no learning the true meaning of keepaway or how to be a ninja ponce or why it's alright to be a fat dumb useless sack of shit, please.

Cliffjumper's going to be a skateboarding kung fu expert with an inexplicable thirst for dinosaur knowledge, isn't he? Probably with shades and a backwards cap...

Halfshell
2010-06-27, 05:03 PM
Cliffjumper's going to be a skateboarding kung fu expert with an inexplicable thirst for dinosaur knowledge, isn't he? Probably with shades and a backwards cap...

Are you not already?

Cliffjumper
2010-06-27, 05:33 PM
Nah, can't see with shades on, and clip-ons make you look like a spastic. I'd get tinted lenses, but I'm incredibly proud of having the same pair of specs for 11 years and won't go into an opticians.

Clay
2010-06-27, 06:56 PM
Yay! Me! Maybe I'll get a toy which basically isn't the same as Bumblebee's now, and isn't some shit dune buggy.

Currently no toys are planned for Transformers: Prime.

Xeno-the-Hedgehog
2010-06-27, 07:23 PM
I'm just happy that Cliffjumper is finally getting his own look again, rather than just being another Bumblebee clone; seriously, we haven't seen that since G1.

Sades
2010-06-28, 09:05 AM
I am interested in this. Even though I disapprove of the word "Sassy".

Savannahtron
2010-07-03, 09:41 AM
Glad they are separating Cliffjumper from his (lately) identical twin (sans color). Cliffjumper and Brawn were my very first Transformer toys (got them both at the same exact time) and I really do not like the whole "let's repaint Bumblebee just so we can save on the mould" idea. I understand the concept, but at least give the guy a different head sculpt, weapon or something.

I hope they don't go Ani-strange on his butt either. You know, where the writers are like "So the fans want something different, we are going to turn him into a truck or a munkee or sumthing just to show them."

I loved the BW/BM cgi, but did not like the Energon series. I hope this new series has a bit of grit like BW had where the toons were classic team iconocon stereotypes with a bit of flare.

Bigbot = heroic leader
Cheetor= rookie wants to be hero
Rattrap= shady good guy who's former bad ways help the good guys
Rhinox= tough guy weapons master
Dinobot= Bad guy turned good with a vengeance
Black Arachnnia= Femmebot with a chip on her shoulder to prove she's good enough to hand with the big bots.

Savannahtron
2010-07-03, 09:43 AM
I'm just happy that Cliffjumper is finally getting his own look again, rather than just being another Bumblebee clone; seriously, we haven't seen that since G1.

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/6/6d/EnCliffjumperCardart.jpg

Halfshell
2010-07-03, 10:34 AM
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/7/77/T_cliffjumper020.jpg

Cliffjumper
2010-07-03, 01:34 PM
FAILBUGGIES DON'T COUNT.

Fun fact: the number of shit dune buggies in any TF series correlates directly with quality of said series. G1 only had a few, and was harmless if complete rubbish. BW had none and was fun on cake. For Amergotron every single character turned into a dune buggy and it was depressing beyond pills. The Bay films were excellent, but IDW's comics introduced Landmine, DUNE RUNNER and a load of shite Cybertron recolours and are generally less well regarded than second-hand toilet paper.

Dune buggy Transformers are a sign that nobody involved at any stage gives a shit. It means some idiotic designer has tried to come up with a transforming car, but doesn't have the talent to pull it off so comes up with a dune buggy.

Catalyst Dragon
2010-07-03, 09:42 PM
I had a step dad who built a dune buggy with a corvette engine, that shook it's self to pieces upon starting(and no one got to ride it) and that's still better and more fun than Dune Buggy Transformers...

Civ
2010-07-06, 02:07 AM
From Tformers.com

Tania Gunadi has revealed on her Twitter page that she will be lending her voice to a character in Transformers: Prime. Oddly enough, this update was posted on January 28th but slipped by us for quite a while.

The update even reveals that Frank Welker will play the role of Megatron in the show, which was only recently officially revealed to us during BotCon 2010.

Ms. Gunadi's update also pre-dates Advertising Age's outing of Peter Cullen's role in the series back in May.

She does not reveal her role in the show.

Ms. Gunadi is of Indonesian descent and was recently seen in the live-action Disney XD series Aaron Stone.

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=13846

Catalyst Dragon
2010-07-19, 02:52 AM
Do we know what channels/regions/ect... this will be on?

Sades
2010-07-19, 04:27 AM
So far, all that is known is that it will be on The Hub (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hub_%28TV_network%29), IIRC. Unofficially starting October 10, which coincides with the rebranding.

praetorian
2010-07-22, 06:36 AM
Statue that is apparently a model of TF: Prime Optimus Prime:

http://yfrog.com/3z8o9dj

praetorian
2010-07-23, 02:52 AM
From SDCC Transformers Prime Panel:

Images of some major characters of the series:
Autobots: Arcee, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Optimus Prime.
Decepticons: Megatron, Decepticon Troopers (like Drones)
Humans : Jack Darby, Miko Tezuka, Rafael Raf Esquivel

The show takes place in the War For Cybertron continuity but in a very Movieverse like style.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/round-up-of-info-and-images-from-sdcc-transformers-prime-panel-170265/

EDIT: direct link for the teaser:
http://tv.ign.com/dor/objects/80393/transformers-prime/videos/_transformersprime_trl_072110.html?show=hi

Springer85
2010-07-23, 10:33 AM
Ratchet and Cliffjumper look good! Though Cliffy looks a bit bulky to be honest, but I could get used to that. :)

Not liking that Prime and 'Bee are basically movieverse TF's but whatever. :|

Cliffjumper
2010-07-23, 10:47 AM
Now that I like the look of. Mind, stylistically Animated looked excellent, it's whether this lot are a bunch of twats whenever they open their mouths.

Blackjack
2010-07-23, 11:34 AM
Looks good. Well, I still don't really like the Bumblebee, but the rest of the designs are well-done.

Didn't the Hasbro guys at this year's Botcon say that this takes place after the movie? Where did the whole 'takes place after War for Cybertron' thing came out from? I did remember someone nearly half a year ago saying that WFC would be the background for further fiction, and the TFWaki taking it as canon, but otherwise...

Brimstone
2010-07-23, 02:51 PM
The design is pretty cool...but the animation was crap. I hope that gets better.

After two years of Clone Wars CG animation, maybe I expect too much now? :(

Sades
2010-07-23, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking the designs will grow on me once the show starts. Assuming the show isn't shit.

TMM
2010-07-24, 07:29 AM
well... so far i thought everything looks a bit naff - prime doesn't look like he can turn into that truck, and the designs are a little weird... but having seen the teaser, and seeing bumblebee in motion... i'm a lot more confident, it actually looks pretty damn awesome!

stickpony
2010-07-24, 02:31 PM
well... so far i thought everything looks a bit naff - prime doesn't look like he can turn into that truck, and the designs are a little weird... but having seen the teaser, and seeing bumblebee in motion... i'm a lot more confident, it actually looks pretty damn awesome!

agreeed... is their a list of voice actors involved with the project???

Rattrap's tail
2010-07-24, 04:07 PM
So, my guess is this takes place after WFC itself... I like the Troopers. They are like a mix between Movieverse Barricade and WFC Breakdown...

Blackjack
2010-07-24, 05:33 PM
Watched the teaser. Love the background and the shadow/metal glint effects. The Troopers' movements and the camera angles are well-executed, but I don't really like Bee's transformation. Doesn't feel as smooth as it could've been.

agreeed... is their a list of voice actors involved with the project???

Peter Cullen and Frank Welker will be reprising Optimus and Megatron. Perceptor's original voice actor is confirmed for an as-of-yet unknown role. The VAs for Ratchet and some humans have leaked out as well but I can't remember their names.

inflatable dalek
2010-07-24, 05:37 PM
I haven't been paying a huge amount of attention to the computer game (or any computer games since the proper version of Goldeneye), but the SFX review of War for Cybertron mentions Welker doesn't play Megatron in it because they felt he couldn't do the voice anymore. Is this bollocks, a sign the Prime producers are more optimistic or it's a case that the computer people are fools?

S_Windell
2010-07-25, 08:44 AM
Hmm...Bumblebee's stripes seem to be based on the Autobot emblem without being too obvious about it.

Cliffjumper looks great so far!

Summerhayes
2010-07-25, 01:34 PM
That actually looks like fairly good graphics. I didn't really see enough animation to know if that's any good. And we'll just have to wait and see if the show on a whole is any good.

pegasusprime
2010-07-27, 02:26 AM
i think that optimus is like g1 combined with movie if you look closely you will see that the legs and the chest are g1 inspires like the color but combined with the movie i like the design of prime but i am getting tire of that look of bumblebee i want the small guy with g1 head i dont like that stupid head

praetorian
2010-08-13, 04:34 AM
Some new shots of some of the characters:

http://hubworld.com/shows-detail.htm#panel-8

And a peak at Megatron:
http://hubworld.com/shows-landing.htm

More pics at:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/new-transformers-prime-character-images-170407/

pegasusprime
2010-08-17, 06:34 PM
love some designs hate others like megatron optimus and bumblebee megatron he doesnt have a nose and why another time megartron dont get an earth mode

Brimstone
2010-08-17, 07:36 PM
Seriously, dude...use some $&#*^% punctuation.

praetorian
2010-08-17, 09:33 PM
love some designs hate others like megatron optimus and bumblebee megatron he doesnt have a nose and why another time megartron dont get an earth mode

It's a pretty early, only-partial shot of Megatron. Earth-mode may be forthcoming...if you're patient enough to find out. Why is it that so many fanbois make every clip/frame/pic of a character out to be the most critical moment in Transformers history?

Summerhayes
2010-08-17, 09:48 PM
. Why is it that so many fanbois make every clip/frame/pic of a character out to be the most critical moment in Transformers history?

Because in a medium where noone can see their face and they can only communicate through text they feel extreme hyperbole is the only way to convey that they have an emotion towards the subject.

inflatable dalek
2010-08-18, 06:50 AM
Because in a medium where noone can see their face and they can only communicate through text they feel extreme hyperbole is the only way to convey that they have an emotion towards the subject.

This is the most mother ****ing awesome post I have ever read.

praetorian
2010-08-23, 04:25 PM
Airachnid character name patent applied for, with accompanying Predacon-styled symbol:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/beast-wars-2/airachnid-mystery--the-plot-thickens-170444/

Character name patent denied:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/beast-wars-2/case-closed---goodbye-airachnid-170451/

praetorian
2010-09-02, 04:48 PM
Full-body shot of Ratchet and alt mode for what may be a Decepticon drone:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-transformers-prime-images-ratchet-and-possible-decepticon-drone/19681/

Summerhayes
2010-09-03, 10:31 PM
That's how Ratchet should have looked in the films!
And the car looks the decepticon batmobile

praetorian
2010-09-07, 04:17 PM
Some more artwork available on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600108326?ie=UTF8&tag=transformers-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1600108326) from the Transformers Prime paperback.

Blackjack
2010-09-10, 07:24 AM
Cast information and whatnot from Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-information-and-voice-cast/19731/).

Most interesting info: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is going to be voicing Cliffjumper. (http://enewsi.com/television/191-18501.html)

MAIN CHARACTERS

AUTOBOTS

Optimus Prime - Peter Cullen
Arcee - Sumalee Montano
Bulkhead - Kevin Michael Richardson
Ratchet - Jeffrey Combs
Bumblebee - Rumored as Josh Keaton
Cliffjumper - Dwayne Johnson

DECEPTICONS
Megatron - Frank Welker
Breakdown - Adam Baldwin
Knockout - Daran Norris
Starscream - Steve Blum

HUMANS
Jack - Josh Keaton
Miko - Tania Gunadi
Raf - Andy Pessoa
June - Markie Post
Agent Flower - Ernie Hudson

THE SHOW

The Transformer saga continues as Optimus Prime and the Autobots battle the evil Decepticons, led by Megatron. With the future of the human race hanging in the balance, three young teenagers become critical in helping the Autobots prevent the Decepticon Army from conquering Earth. Prepare to experience the world of Transformers like never before.

The Transformer franchise sees the triumphant return of the Autobots characters to television in cutting edge computer-generated animation. The series both deepens the epic mythology of Autobots and Decepticons, while starting fresh for a new generation of viewers and future Transformers fans. With a bold and modern new look, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and others are back to roll out against Megatron’s latest plots to conquer Earth. The Autobots may be few against the Decepticons menace, but they find increased strength here on their home away from home via bonds they've forged with three human teenagers. Make no mistake, the Transformers series will deliver heavy metal action and nail-biting suspense

Produced by Hasbro Studios

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Developed for Television By:
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
Duane Capizzi
Jeff Kline

Executive Producers:
Alex Kurtzman
Roberto Orci
Jeff Kline

Supervising Producer: Duane Capizzi

Supervising Animation Producer: Therese Trujillo

Producers:
Steven Puri
Mandy Safavi

Supervising Director: Dave Hartman

Staff Writers:
Nicole Dubuc
Marsha Griffin
Joseph Kuhr
Steven Melching

Music By: Brian Tyler

Main Title Theme By: Brian Tyler

inflatable dalek
2010-09-10, 07:32 AM
Bloody hell. Ever since he was announced as being in the cast I never actually thought Cullen would be playing Prime, I assumed it would just be some sort of more casual role. That's actually very impressive.

And Adam Baldwin and Jeffrey Combs, in the same show, at the same time. I think I just had a little orgasm.

Oh, and the fourth most popular Ghostbuster as well. Good for Spengs I suppose.

stoltobot
2010-09-11, 05:36 AM
Brian Tyler is a cool choice for musical producer/theme writer.
________
Vapir No2 Vaporizer (http://vapirno2.net)

Springer85
2010-09-11, 09:04 AM
The Rock as Cliffjumper? Awesome! :clap:

Summerhayes
2010-09-11, 01:41 PM
For me, The Rock= I will watch.
Peter Cullen's a cool choice, as long as they make it a very soldiery role. I always found Gary Chalk played the super hero better.

Cliffjumper
2010-09-11, 01:47 PM
Good all round. Except Frank Welker. Might as well recruit Chris cocking Latta. No, wait, he's dead. Phew. Still, Megatron's on minus 16 thousand credible villain points from the start... :(

Which one's Adam Baldwin? Is he the second-least rubbish one who seems like the most rubbish because the most rubbish one somehow ended up in The Usual Suspects and thus managed to be the only one in the family to appear in an actual decent film?

CounterPunch
2010-09-11, 02:29 PM
Which one's Adam Baldwin? Is he the second-least rubbish one who seems like the most rubbish because the most rubbish one somehow ended up in The Usual Suspects and thus managed to be the only one in the family to appear in an actual decent film?

Apologies if you aren't being serious, Adam Baldwin is therefore fake Baldwin, and therefore he is actually full of awesome. Firefly, Serenity, Angel and Chuck etc etc.

inflatable dalek
2010-09-11, 05:31 PM
No, Adam Baldwin is the real Baldwin. It's all the others who are fakes. He's been in pretty much every good American TV show of the last ten years and had three lines in Independence Day (the US soldier who orders the civilians inside the underground base towards the end, he spends most of the movie standing next to the baddy from Dark Skies).

EDIT: From Cliffy's POV, he's probably more recognisable as the Senior Partner's representative who has a big fight with Angel in the last episode of his show. "People who don't care will never understand those who do" "But we won't care".

I've often wondered if he really is one of the famous family after all but just lies about it out of embarrassment. Just to confuse things looks wise he could actuall;y pass as one of them.

They've clearly got a much higher casting budget than any of the previous shows. That won't make it better or even better cast (other than The Mummy Returns I've not seen anything with the Rock in, no idea if he's acting's good enough to stand up on just the voice) but it's certainly impressive on paper. How long before Mark Shepard shows up as Wreck Gar?

Summerhayes
2010-09-14, 08:03 AM
He actually had one of the coolest lines in Independence Day, where the general fellow said "is that glass bullet proof" am he says "no sir..." and they shoot the alien that was holding Mr Data.
I have a lot of love for him. He's the quintessential army-dude-who-shows-civilians-around and I hold he should play that roll in everything, the same way Glen Morshower plays the same roll in everything.

inflatable dalek
2010-09-14, 10:24 AM
I love that bit of Independence Day! He is indeed a big jar of awesome.

Skyquake87
2010-09-14, 01:37 PM
The designs are interesting. Keeping the Animated feel and mixing it up with Classics/ Movie designs. Bumblebee looks a little freaky on that Amazon link. He looks like a sickly child.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't muster much enthusiasm for Prime. Hopefully, it will be as good as Animated. I'm happy to wait and see on this one.

S_Windell
2010-09-28, 06:48 PM
http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/shows/prime/characters

No Cliffjumper here, who I'm most looking forward to. And it seems the kid characters are each associated with a particular Autobot. :nonono: Dunno why that bothers me, but it does.

Bumblebee's voicebox was damaged on Cybertron, so he "talks" in bleeps and blurts.

This is more and more looking to be Movieverse: Animated, but can't say I blame 'em.

No toys announced yet but it would be a shocker if it never happened, right? ;) I hope so, I so much want a TF:P Cliffjumper! Wouldn't mind that Ratchet either...

Edit: was worried my post here gave the opposite impression, but I am looking forward to seeing this series.

JDandCoke7
2010-09-28, 10:52 PM
Hmph - I do so love a website thats been throughly tested for readability...

Looks like it could be interesting - someone's probably already asked, but does anyone know if/where this might appear in the UK?

Edit: Hang on - isn't that the Animated Bulkhead on the profile?

HotShot81
2010-09-29, 12:15 AM
Any word on which channel is showing this in Canada? No Hub according to my cable provider.

Sades
2010-09-29, 07:08 AM
Discovery Kids will be renamed The Hub, iirc it will coincide with the first episode.

Summerhayes
2010-09-29, 05:20 PM
I am liking the look of this. Hopefully one of the things it steals from the movies will be te sense that this is a war between alien robots, not a superhero show.

Prowl1984
2010-10-10, 04:49 PM
Steve Blum as Starscream! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

praetorian
2010-10-11, 07:04 PM
Brief video clip of Transformers Prime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMsef0ehgqE&feature=player_embedded

Also, the Images page at Hubworld.com has been updated with some pics of vehicle modes:

http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/shows/prime/images

burnitall
2010-10-11, 08:19 PM
Wow, they gave Optimus Prime a weird looking mouth. All right.

praetorian
2010-10-22, 05:18 AM
Looks like Transformers Prime will be debuting on the Hub on Nov. 26th. First episode entitled, "Darkness Rising" (Part 1 of 2).

http://www.tvtango.com/listings/2010/11/26

http://www.hubworld.com/transformers/shows/prime

Summerhayes
2010-10-22, 09:01 PM
Darkness Rising is just about the most generic name I have ever heard.

praetorian
2010-10-22, 09:30 PM
Darkness Rising is just about the most generic name I have ever heard.

Could be worse. Like Megatron Rising (http://www.tv.com/transformers-animated/megatron-rising-part-i/episode/1159592/summary.html?tag=ep_guide;summary).

The Doctor
2010-10-23, 04:40 AM
The amount of human characters worries me a lot. I really hope this show can appeal to a mass audience.

Summerhayes
2010-10-23, 07:53 AM
I'm just worried the CGI humans are going to look a bit rubbish next to all the robots.

Sades
2010-10-26, 06:13 AM
It'd be nice if YTV could get ahold of this, since my cable carrier does not/will not be carrying the Hub.

Sadface. I wanted to seeeeeee. :(

praetorian
2010-10-29, 02:34 PM
Preview for the show:

http://www.usatoday.com/video/index.htm#/Transformers+Prime/651146490001

The Doctor
2010-10-30, 05:06 AM
I'm not liking the character designs that much. I think the old Beast Wars toon had more detail and that was over a decade ago..

praetorian
2010-10-30, 05:28 AM
Here's an actual trailer from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/29/transformers-prime-tv-spot

Blackjack
2010-10-30, 02:20 PM
I don't have cable. Can't watch this. Boo. :(

The CGI is gorgeous. It's like a hybrid of the highly-complex Movieverse design with the stylized, sleek Animated design, but done with Beast Wars in mind. I'll admit that it would take time to get used to, but I doubt that it would take long. When I first saw Beast Wars, I thought 'God, this was horrible!' but all I needed was time to get used to the designs.

The Decepticon drones look kickass, so does Cliffjumper. Don't like the number of humans, though.

Prowl1984
2010-10-30, 06:25 PM
I actually think the CGI's a bit rubbish...almost dated in fact. I'm gonna end up watching it anyway, plus I thought the same about Animated but then came to love it so who knows?

Notabot
2010-10-31, 01:41 AM
I don't get The Hub, but I'm assuming the show will be on their website, right? No, it's not as good as sitting in the living room to watch it, but we still get to see it.

Sades
2010-10-31, 08:55 AM
Possibly for some, probably not for all.

Though if everyone did get it, that'd be awesome. I'm going to go with "hopeful but pessimistic" on that thought.

NightHawk
2010-11-01, 10:43 AM
The f*** did they do to Prime's face?!

I am wondering why, the most iconic Autobot in the world, must have a mouth instead of his well known faceplate?

I assume the jet is Starscream...he looks...kinda like Animated Screamer, but then with evil eyebrows! I kinda like.

Let's see...from the IGN teaser I counted three humans, please don't let this be Armada kids all over again...one human kid is sufficient enough but eh, I'll bet ya that there will be more then just these three.

I like the CGI, it's superior to the Energon and Cybertron CGI (But then again, that's not hard...considering Beast Wars reigns supreme over those two and it's even older)

I'll be watching this, though in the end I know it most likely will be cut off after three seasons, which is such a shame. They did it with Beast Wars, they did it with Animated, no doubt it will happen to Prime. And I am still left wishing they followed the War for Cybertron setting more instead of being in just the same continuity but now on Earth with movie designs. I still think the WfC setting would be awesome for a cartoon.

Sades
2010-11-01, 06:44 PM
The f*** did they do to Prime's face?!

I am wondering why, the most iconic Autobot in the world, must have a mouth instead of his well known faceplate?

Comments like this always surprise me now, given the amount of character redesigns that have gone on in the past, ooh... fifteen, sixteen years. It's not a "wrong" reaction... it's just surprising to me.

Summerhayes
2010-11-01, 10:10 PM
"Five-part miniseries event"? Is that a five-part pilot with a series to follow?
Of course, living in Blighty I doubt I'll see it through legal means any which way.

The art style is odd. It seems like a mash-up of animated and the movie style, which are odd choices as they're about as different as two Transformers properties can be.

Sades
2010-11-02, 02:27 AM
There's the obvious element that reminds me of Beast Wars/Beast Machines; I can't help but find myself hoping that this will grow on me the same way they did.

I know one thing- I'm not going to complain about the amount of humans in it. Not at this point anyway- too early, imo.

Blackjack
2010-11-03, 02:32 PM
I used to hate the Animated art design when it came out. Now I love it.

I used to hate the G1 design when I discovered it after watching the Movie. Now I love it.

I used to hate how Beast Wars looked with all my heart and soul. Now I adore it.

I'm sure I'll get used to this aesthetic, funky Prime-mouth and all, and love it as well. Besides, it's not like Optimus Prime having a mouth is a new thing.

And five-part miniseries thing: I read in a Botcon thing or other that apparently Hasbro has given the 'go' sign for the producers to plan for five seasons instead of the usual two or three.

horizon
2010-11-03, 07:32 PM
Heh,
I have almost the same.

I loved G1, everything else was crap.

Beast Wars is still a big meh to me.

Animated has some really good designs after initial meh-ness.

The movie designs I really hated... and now I think they're the best...

G1 lost some flava after that.

Prime looks ok.

another tf fan
2010-11-03, 11:02 PM
I'm psyched... I think Prime will be "rightfully huge".

NightHawk
2010-11-04, 08:18 AM
Comments like this always surprise me now, given the amount of character redesigns that have gone on in the past, ooh... fifteen, sixteen years. It's not a "wrong" reaction... it's just surprising to me.

Well I suppose it can be surprising, but I'm more pointing out at the consistency of it. Prime, throughout the years, has pretty much always been a truck, pretty much always sported red and blue colors and pretty much always a mouth plate. (No I am not counting Beast Wars, that's Primal, not Prime.)

Ever since the movie design, they suddenly have to give him a mouth all the time, Animated, IDW comics and now Prime. I don't mind redesigns at all, but some things you just don't chance. That's like giving Shockwave 2 eyes and a mouth. (No, Longarm Prime doesn't count, that's an alternate form for disguise, Shockwave remained to have 1 eye.)

inflatable dalek
2010-11-04, 08:27 AM
I'm not familiar with the context for mouthed IDW Prime, but in the case of Animated and the new show it's likely because the main target audience is kids who only know Prime from the films... where he has a mouth. It being absent would be more odd for them.

NightHawk
2010-11-04, 10:44 AM
Prime was first shown to have a mouth in issue 13 (I think it was 13) of All Hail Megatron, Ironhide offered him a drink and Prime accepted, he slipped his mouthplate back like movie Prime. And of course the Ongoing has Prime with a mouth.

Perhaps I'm just nitpicking, but I'm just not used with Prime having a mouth, I think it's just weird....though not as weird as this:
http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/e/e1/KidsPrime1.jpg

Cliffjumper
2010-11-04, 02:45 PM
Sod the face plate, I'd love it if something so accomplished as that artwork appeared in a comic now, rather than the Bryan Hitch mimicking stuff filled with Photoshopped colours, complete with character models reinvented on the whim of an egotistical penciller.

praetorian
2010-11-04, 07:54 PM
Here's another 30-sec clip for the new show. It may even solve the recent debate here, since Prime is shown in this clip with a faceplate.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=494664210041&ref=mf

It seems appropriate to me that Prime would put his faceplate up when he's in battle (like he did in the two recent films, in Animated, and in Beast Wars), and that he put his faceplate down when talking with other Autobots or even humans (which he also did in the two recent films, in Animated, and in Beast Wars). Personally, I think he looks better with the faceplate up, but I've never really grasped the concept of a Transformer having a mouth/teeth, etc. But I can appreciate the artistic and even marketing reasons for having a Prime with a mouth.

Jaynz
2010-11-04, 08:39 PM
In Beast Wars, Optimus Prime was only shown with his faceplate on. :P

inflatable dalek
2010-11-04, 08:45 PM
Prime was first shown to have a mouth in issue 13 (I think it was 13) of All Hail Megatron, Ironhide offered him a drink and Prime accepted, he slipped his mouthplate back like movie Prime. And of course the Ongoing has Prime with a mouth.

Ah yes, I've repressed most of the Coda.

NightHawk
2010-11-05, 07:47 AM
Here's another 30-sec clip for the new show. It may even solve the recent debate here, since Prime is shown in this clip with a faceplate.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=494664210041&ref=mf

It seems appropriate to me that Prime would put his faceplate up when he's in battle (like he did in the two recent films, in Animated, and in Beast Wars), and that he put his faceplate down when talking with other Autobots or even humans (which he also did in the two recent films, in Animated, and in Beast Wars). Personally, I think he looks better with the faceplate up, but I've never really grasped the concept of a Transformer having a mouth/teeth, etc. But I can appreciate the artistic and even marketing reasons for having a Prime with a mouth.

Speaking of Animated, holy crap was that Bulkhead I saw?! He looks awesome.

And I notice that, Prime is given a more younger adult look. Like a lead character who is between his 20's and 30's

Summerhayes
2010-11-05, 10:29 AM
Well, 20-30 millions...

praetorian
2010-11-05, 03:47 PM
In Beast Wars, Optimus Prime was only shown with his faceplate on. :P

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Faceplate

Optimus Primal was shown to have a mouthplate which would slide into place when he entered battle. This was used to reconcile the presence of an actual mouth on his animation model with the lack thereof on his toy. Later retoolings of the toy reflected the animation model.

Notabot
2010-11-05, 03:51 PM
The transformation animation for Bumblebee was a little rough. Sort of jumped from half car to half robot abruptly. I'm not expecting fully accurate transformation sequences every time, but this is your "please watch the show" ad. You'd think they'd put their best foot forward. (Unless that is their best foot and all other transformations take place behind trees or off camera.)

Jaynz
2010-11-05, 04:41 PM
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Faceplate

And you completely missed the point.... Optimus Prime was not shown without a faceplate in Beast Wars. Know your Optimi!

Wildrider
2010-11-05, 09:09 PM
To faceplate or not to faceplate is so 2007, is that the best quibble we can come up with?

I'm personally happy with explosions, shiny things and quips and maybe plot.

Could be a lot worse, I followed a link to G.I. Joe Renegades, nicely drawn, but with all the animated flair of a dodgy motion comic.

Summerhayes
2010-11-05, 09:53 PM
The transformation animation for Bumblebee was a little rough. Sort of jumped from half car to half robot abruptly.

He also seemed to skip from one part of the air to another. I got the impression that wasn't the whole clip but had been chopped up A) for speed and B) so the whole transformation wasn't given away. Like all the transformations in the trailers for the first movie.

Jaynz
2010-11-05, 10:02 PM
To faceplate or not to faceplate is so 2007, is that the best quibble we can come up with?

Eh, for me it's just a distinction, mentally, between Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal. The 'lips' make it a different character for me, really. Granted, that's just me personally speaking, and it's far from any real beef I have with the upcoming series.

praetorian
2010-12-09, 04:21 PM
So, Prime has started; the five-part miniseries, Darkness Rising, seems to have had good success.

Thoughts, anyone?

Here are some I had:
1. The overall story-line seems to be in continuity with the War for Cybertron game. I like that the Autobots are actually Robots in Disguise and no one but this agent from the Pentagon has had any contact with them, until the kids come into the picture. Their alt modes actually have a proper function.

2. The CGI is OK. I do like both the robot and vehicle models. Starscream, for instance, carries a balance between being a sleek fighter jet, while also being accurately displayed with a skulking gait and overall devious look. Prime himself looks both powerful and wise, and his truck mode doesn't have any unnecessary flare.

3. The kids are not as annoying as the kids in Armada/Energon/Cybertron/Animated. Except the girl. She's annoying and the attempts at making her, along with Bulkhead, the comedy relief of the show doesn't really seem to fit most of the time.

4. Cliffjumper was killed way too easily and too soon.

5. I am a big fan of G1 and TF:TM. But, really, does every battle between Megatron and Prime have to be played out like it's the last time they're going to fight each other? When Optimus said, "One shall stand, one shall fall" in TF:TM, he meant it. Using that line again cheapens what once was an epic nature to the phrase.

6. This really is a good mixture of movie-verse models, styling, and storyline, with Animated softening and G1 references, with Cybertron-esque CGI. Other than Beast Wars, this show may have some of the tightest dialogue and script.

Cliffjumper
2010-12-09, 04:32 PM
Thoughts, anyone?

One or two (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=79).

praetorian
2011-02-01, 10:58 PM
TV Guide's one-line summaries of upcoming episodes 6, 7, and 8:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/transformers-prime/episodes-season-1/308171

New characters revealed as well: Skyquake and Wheeljack.

Bluecatcinema
2011-02-02, 12:05 AM
Nice info. I hope the Decepticons get a decent amount of members in this series. Character-wise, things always seem to tilt in favor of the Autobots.

praetorian
2011-02-02, 03:26 AM
I am a little bit concerned that they are adding *new* characters already...in only five episodes, they haven't really done anything in terms of character development for the characters they already have. Strong character development = television show longevity. New characters introduced quickly = satisfied G1 fans and 2 1/2 seasons.

iaconhub2005
2011-02-02, 04:36 PM
I've only seen the first four episodes so far. Looking forward to the conclusion on Teletoon this weekend.

praetorian
2011-02-04, 06:35 AM
First look at Skyquake. Source. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/03/transformers-prime/)

“Entombed in stasis on Earth until exhumed by Starscream; however, pledges allegiance to only his ‘one true master,’ Megatron.”

TMM
2011-02-04, 12:55 PM
First look at Skyquake. Source. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/03/transformers-prime/)

I find it amusing that you believe the name of the character to be more of a spoiler than the story of how they find him! :P