PDA

View Full Version : [New RPG] Random thought re: size classes

Warcry
2010-12-30, 05:59 AM
It doesn't effect anything, but it occurred to me this evening that it would be cool if the toy size classes (scout, deluxe, voyager, ultra, leader, supreme) were used as the weight-class qualifications in Cybertron's gladiatorial games. So Minicons/micromasters would be featherweights, scouts would be lightweights, deluxes welterweights, etc, etc...

It wouldn't actually effect anything but struck me as vaguely amusing. :)

Blackjack
2010-12-30, 09:16 AM
Some kind of fanboyish shout-out, hmm? ;)

I like it. So Legends class would be for the Minicons and Micromasters, then? Because they would be Legends to survive the gladiatoral games. Okay, bad joke there.

Brave Maximus
2010-12-30, 03:07 PM
Only question to that would be:

What about characters who have multipul size classes?

Bumblebee, Prime, Lugnut, Megs, etc.

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea for interaction.
Especially when you look at a show like Prime, where the size differences are quite pronounced.

Blackjack
2010-12-30, 08:00 PM
Bumblebee would be Scout class, I guess.

Lugnut is technically a Voyager in both his major toys, but he looks more like an Ultra or a Leader IMO.

Megatron? Leader, definitely.

Optimus? Leader or Ultra, if he joins the gladiatorial games.

Warcry
2010-12-30, 08:02 PM
Probably doesn't matter all that much, since the vast bulk of our characters were never gladiators. It'd have to be more of a guideline than an actual "your toy is this, so this is your weight class!" rule, though, for sure. :)

Blaster
2010-12-30, 08:21 PM
Probably doesn't matter all that much, since the vast bulk of our characters were never gladiators. It'd have to be more of a guideline than an actual "your toy is this, so this is your weight class!" rule, though, for sure. :)

The useful and good ones were. The rest were Bluestreak.