PDA

View Full Version : [New RPG] How many threads will we be having?

Blackjack
2011-01-29, 09:21 AM
Stupid question, I know, but something that I think is worth mentioning. Plus, I'm kinda bored at the moment.

So, older RPG threads had usually two threads, one for the Autobots and one for the Decepticons, with several being introduced whenever needed (Quintessons, Cybertron, Neobase, other battlefields etc). Now this obviously has its drawbacks of having a thread unnecessarily being clustered with multiple actions, making a post or two easily lost in the clutter.

Our new system, implemented around the Reclamation arc, had the stuff spread across cities (Iacon, Polyhex, Crystal City etc), allowing for more freedom on who is to be on which location, as well as making the threads more self-contained. However, it does raise a little problem... new players would be daunted by these unfamiliar cities, unsure where to start. I knew I was when I first joined up a year back.

I just want to know, is all. :)

Warcry
2011-02-01, 07:16 AM
I managed to miss this the last few days, somehow.

I'm guessing it'll just be Iacon and Kaon to start, with new threads spinning off from there as the plot leads us (for battles and the like). But if anyone thinks we need to start off with a thread for a different city, let me know ASAP.

The forum is set up now and I'm going to be starting the threads when I get home from work tonight.

Blackjack
2011-02-01, 09:22 AM
Okay! :up:

Was thinking that Gunrunner would start in a remote made-up town, but figured it could be squeezed into Kaon.

We'll probably be needing Polyhex for Straxus...

Shine
2011-02-01, 10:09 AM
I'm guessing it'll just be Iacon and Kaon to start, with new threads spinning off from there as the plot leads us (for battles and the like).
Having just the two threads at the beginning is a really good idea, I reckon. Well, to a new guy like me, it sure is. lol

Really, though, keeping it simple is a smart move. It will give us all time to get used to new settings, characters, interaction, and so on and so forth.