PDA

View Full Version : Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Extras

Blackjack
2011-08-31, 10:00 AM
According to Amazon, the Last Stand of the Wreckers hardcover page count will be 40 more than the softcover edition. My guess is probably draft scripts and the sort.

Damn, IDW is trying to milk the fans with the only quality material they have.

---

UPDATE

Courtesy of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Last-Stand-Wreckers-Tranformers/dp/1613771266/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329164773&sr=8-1#reader_1613771266), The Last Stand of the Wreckers hardcover edition will include;
Last Stand of the Wreckers (obviously)
"Bullets" (prose)
"Out of Bullets" (prose)
"Dead Men's Boots" (mosaic piece)
Character Profiles
Series Covers
Script Extracts
Guest Artwork
Squadron X
"Escape" (prose)
Promotional Artwork
Fisitron's Facts
Pin-Ups
First Draft
"Zero Point" (prose)
"In Word and Deed" (prose)

Thunderwave
2011-08-31, 11:27 AM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-last-stand-of-the-wreckers-hardcover-preorder/22688/

According to Seibertron, anyway. Page count is 40 more than the softcover edition. My guess is probably draft scripts and the sort.

Damn, IDW is trying to milk the fans with the only quality material they have.

I'll probably end up buying this.

However this should be a lesson to IDW. Give the fans a writer who knows his shit, loves his source material, and can actually write a coherent plot for more then 2 issues and it'll be like printing money.

Blackjack
2011-08-31, 11:46 AM
Problem with IDW arcs are that they never have a satisfying conclusion, Wreckers and the early Furman works aside.

When it was going the six-issues-one-story route, every arc in the ongoing starts off promising until they dissolve into an incoherent mess at the end.

inflatable dalek
2011-08-31, 07:38 PM
The profiles from the individual issues would make sense for some of it, after all the "We want people to buy both" excuse is pretty pointless now the issues are long out of print.

Summerhayes
2011-09-01, 09:18 AM
The page count could be one higher and I'd probablyh shell out . . .

Denyer
2011-09-01, 05:44 PM
Will see what the extras are and what Amazon's discount works out at.

I think it's bloody stupid to teach your customers that it's better to not buy early releases, though.

Red Dave Prime
2011-09-02, 05:16 AM
This is one series I would love a hardback version of. Must order it soon-ish. Nice to have extra LSOTW stuff anyway.

Cliffjumper
2011-09-02, 06:43 PM
Keeping forgetting to buy the TPB pays off. AUTOBOT VICTORY! AUTOBOT VICTORY!

Skyquake87
2011-09-02, 07:34 PM
i'd happily buy this as a hardcover. i kept my single copies with the pretty trevor hutchinson designs , was annoyed that the profiles in them were missed for the trade (which as ever looked cheaply assembled, but at least had that awesome prose story bullets in) which i have worn out through so many rereads. I'd hope its an ultimate version that includes all the profiles and bullets.

inflatable dalek
2011-09-03, 12:42 PM
A complete cover gallery would be nice, the Hutchinson covers are awesome (and indeed were the one, megre highlight of AHM).

Rack 'n Ruin
2011-09-04, 11:26 AM
LSOTW hardcover is now on Amazon UK, in case anyone did not know. On my Amazon Wish list too, if anyone is feeling generous... ;)

Summerhayes
2011-09-06, 04:03 PM
Well, i recently got paid so maybe i'll pick it up before i start sensibly thinking about the bills...

LKW
2011-10-02, 04:09 AM
So, do we know yet what's in the extra forty pages yet, or if that's even accurate?

It probably wouldn't take much for me to seek this out....

zigzagger
2012-02-14, 08:58 PM
Courtesy of Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Last-Stand-Wreckers-Tranformers/dp/1613771266/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329164773&sr=8-1#reader_1613771266), The Last Stand of the Wreckers hardcover edition will include;
Last Stand of the Wreckers (obviously)
"Bullets" (prose)
"Out of Bullets" (prose)
"Dead Men's Boots" (mosaic piece)
Character Profiles
Series Covers
Script Extracts
Guest Artwork
Squadron X
"Escape" (prose)
Promotional Artwork
Fisitron's Facts
Pin-Ups
First Draft
"Zero Point" (prose)
"In Word and Deed" (prose)

Denyer
2012-02-14, 10:19 PM
Ordered. That's actually a good enough package that I don't resent having the trade to pass on to someone else.

Skyquake87
2012-02-15, 08:17 AM
oooh

Blackjack
2012-02-15, 10:00 AM
Oooh, lots of prose stories.

Well played, Roberts. Well played. -pre-order-

Denyer
2012-03-01, 07:11 PM
Anyone else get theirs yet? Haven't had chance to read it, and probably won't until weekend, but did anyone's have a dust cover? There's a bit of a bump on this one from Amazon, not bad enough to warrant a return, but if it's actually missing something I will...

LKW
2012-03-03, 12:46 AM
No dust jacket on mine, either, Denyer. (Picked up in person from my comic shop, so no jacket in evidence from multiple types of procurement, then.)

It is a very handsome looking volume, though. I probably won't read much of the new material for a bit, though - I go through my comic pile in a "save the best for last" order, and this definitely goes towards the "best" end of the stack.

I can say though, if anyone happens to read this post who hasn't read Last Stand of the Wreckers at all before this edition - DON'T READ THE FORWARD FIRST! A ways down into it, it gets rather spoilery....

Denyer
2012-03-03, 01:13 AM
Cheers.

I think you'll find the back material worth the wait. It's not massively extended from the stuff in the individual comics and the TPB, but it does make a very nice package and has obviously been put together with loving attention.

LKW
2012-03-03, 02:47 AM
Very nice.

Heinrad
2012-03-03, 06:45 AM
Just ordered it. Can't wait!!!!!! :D

Osku
2012-03-11, 08:10 PM
Ordered as well. Damn.

Picked also "Chaos Theory" paperback to get a free shipping. Hopefully worth it (already have individual issues from Roberts).

inflatable dalek
2012-03-12, 08:55 PM
**** me, typically Amazon sent my copy out via a delivery service run by complete wankers meaning that over a week and three attepts to get it delivered later it's still in the Yodel depot.

I don't want to slander them by suggesting their claims to have tried to deliver it are lies, but I think their claims they've tried to deliver it are lies. And useless customer service as well. "So, could I just come to the depot and collect it?" "Did the driver leave a card?" "No, there's been no evidence of an attempted delivery at all" "You can't collect anything without the card". So am at the only flat in the country where it's impossible to just walk in the building and leave a card, or is this a really stupid idea? Note that Royal Mail allow you to collect parcels from their depots with just a bank card. And anyone who makes Royal Mail look competent should slit their own wrists. If if this latest attempt to get it to turn up works, a sternly written email to Amazon suggesting they give the tossers a severe kick up the arse if they insist on using them is in order.

What's especially annoying is the local Yodel depot is pretty much right outside my flat.

Denyer
2012-03-12, 09:05 PM
I'd have already written to them, covering all of the points above. Amazon's customer service is one of the few I'd rate and they're in a strong position when it comes to choosing shipping partners.

inflatable dalek
2012-03-12, 09:30 PM
Yeah, the direct contact I've had with Amazon over this has been fine and very helpful, the only reason I'm waiting now is to see if I need to ask them to send out another copy at the same time (with the request it be done by anyone but Yodel. Give it to a man passing in the street or whatever).

Another annoyance is that, as after the best part of a decade of having to make do with an edited pirated version of the third part of the trilogy, the long delayed CD release of Journey Into Space: The World In Peril is in the same package buggering up my annual relisten to the whole series.

Skyquake87
2012-03-13, 08:07 AM
Yay Amazon hook up with another team of crappy delivery bods. I had no end of trouble when they were using Home Delivery Network, so can't wait to see how Yodel have improved over their p*ss-poor delivery...

...were Royal Mail really that bad? Perhaps it's a regional thing, but they've always been spot on around here. staff at the depot I frequently visit are helpful and polite, compared to the grunting could care less plebs HDN use (though I am basing that on one actual visit to their depot which is about 15 miles from where I live...which is another story altogether).

inflatable dalek
2012-03-13, 10:00 AM
Royal Mail were at one point returning my Big Finish CD's to the company with a note my address of the time did not exist. They were out to deny my reality.

relak
2012-03-28, 11:57 AM
hi everyone.

My first post.

LOVED Last Stand of the Wreckers and yes i double dipped even though i still have the tpb.

I'm sucker for extras, especially extras on my favorite comic stories.

Altough i was disappointed that they left out the initial story plans.
I heard(from tfwiki) that Roberts and Roche's initial story plan involved the fate of Grimlock, nucleaon and appearances by Scorponok.

It would have been cool to see those discarded drafts among the extras.

But overall, i love the book.
Too bad they didnt have a dust jacket though. That would have made it like one of Marvel or DC's deluxe hardcovers.