PDA

View Full Version : [Prime] S02E24 Patch

Neuronutter
2012-10-22, 08:15 PM
Episode 24 of Season 2 aired this weekend. Voices your opinions here. Here's mine:

Hmmmm. Yet another clips show. Feels like we've had quite a lot of these this season and they are getting rather tedious. Was there a need for another one? Did the show run of out money or time before airing?

Though it was a clips show, making Starscream and Megatron's relationship the focus was kinda fun and I'd forgotten most of the events that were shown so in that respect I enjoyed it. But with only two episodes left in the seasons this seemed like a poor time to do this. I had been hoping for a big story in the run up to the end of the season as with One Shall Rise/Fall. Guess we won't be getting that now. Shame.

Knightdramon
2012-10-22, 08:26 PM
Also disliked the clip show, but at least there were awesome moments towards the end.

Like others have said, it didn't go ANYWHERE; this Megatron accepting this Starscream back is a bigger head scratcher than ever before, especially with all the stuff on his mind.

What I do applaud though, and is generally the show's biggest strength, is the character pieces scattered throughout the episodes. I really laughed at Knock Out's panicked reaction to the memories he was a part of "is there a fast forward? or better yet, an erase button?" and Dreadwing's inclusion towards the end was PRICELESS. The sheer overload of emotions as he watched Starscream tell Megatron that his brother, instead of a glorious death, has a shambling mess of a body and is trapped in limbo, and Megatron telling him not to spread that around, was priceless.

IMHO, Dreadwing and Knock Out stole the episode with their minute or so of screentime much more than Starscream did.

Jaynz
2012-10-22, 09:05 PM
Two words: "Starscream Hips".

As for Megatron wanting Screamer back at this point, he says it himself "Our infighting has cost us dearly, and we have another battle to come." Shit hits the fan next week, after all.

Skyquake87
2012-10-23, 08:22 PM
Clip shows suck balls.

As Mr Knightdramon said, its the scant moments of original material that were worth the watch and as clip shows go, this one was really higgledy piggledgy - really brief snatches of tons of episodes, all in a non-linear fashion (fair enough- this was someone's mind we were in) and not really doing anything to really warrant Megs sparing Screamer. I think he's just in love with him.