PDA

View Full Version : [CUSTOM] Gah! Kitbash idea thwarted!

Rack 'n Ruin
2012-11-11, 06:57 PM
Doh! I just realised that Generations FOC Shockwave's head is on a simple swivel joint and not a ball joint. This totally stuffs up the cunning plan I had to "borrow" the head from the repaint (Fireflight/Air Raid) and stick it on a Generations GDO Wheelie figure (when I find one).

Would've made a cool Generations MTMTE Chromedome, I think. And I so wanted a little G1 Rewind to hang out with his cynical mopiness too. :love:

Can anyone think of an easy-ish way to still proceed? Best I've come up with is to "borrow" Fireflight/Air Raid's neck section as well, and try to graft the whole thing on. I'm concerned about impeding the 'Dome's transformation though.

RnR is sad. :(

Warcry
2012-11-13, 01:36 AM
Can anyone think of an easy-ish way to still proceed? Best I've come up with is to "borrow" Fireflight/Air Raid's neck section as well, and try to graft the whole thing on. I'm concerned about impeding the 'Dome's transformation though.
That's probably what I would do. I'd need to dismantle Shockwave to see if it would be at all feasible though. Really, it would depend on how the joint is constructed on the inside of his chest section.

The ball joint for the Jazz mold's neck is sitting right on top of a transformation joint, so the idea solution of "drill a hole the same width as Shockwave's neck peg" is right out the window.

The only other solution I could think of would be to get a dremel and very, very carefully carve a ball joint socket into the Fireflight head. I'd be terrified of trying that though, since your average Parkinson's patient has steadier hands than I do. And of course, it'd only work if the head's pretty solid on the inside.