PDA

View Full Version : fixing joint with floor polish?

calvin_0
2013-04-11, 07:12 PM
alot of people recommended pledge future floor care

http://www.pledge.com/PublishingImages/Products/TileVinylFloorFinishwithFutureShine_L.jpg

however that particular floor polish cost about 50 bucks, so i want to know, can all floor polish be used to fix joint or i have to use that particular floor polish?

thanks.

zigzagger
2013-04-11, 07:45 PM
50 bucks for floor polish?!

I'd just go with clear fingernail polish. It'll set you back, what, 99? I used it a while back to tighten up an old figure and it did the trick.

Unicron
2013-04-11, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I can recommend clear nail polish too. Fixed up a ball joint no problem. Not sure how well it'll work on a ratcheting one though, if that's what you need to fix. If you've got a suitable junker, it might be worth doing some tests on.

Warcry
2013-04-12, 04:55 AM
50 bucks for floor polish?!
That's crazy, I paid around $5 for a bottle a couple years ago.

The reason why the "Future" polish works on joints or as a clear coat is because it's acrylic. I'd imagine that any acrylic floor polish would work the same, but since Pledge is a common, easy to find brand it's the most popular. Non-acrylic polishes won't do much good, as I understand it.

But if you're just looking to touch up a few joints clear nail polish is an simple, cheap, easy-to-find alternative. It's not quite as durable, but it'll do the trick.

calvin_0
2013-04-12, 06:51 AM
well thats what happen when the good become imported goods...

i guess i'll try to find local branded acrylic floor polish.

thanks.

edit: wait, it can act as clear coat? O.o, if that is true, then it might be a worthwhile investment...