PDA

View Full Version : [Prime] S03EP04 Rebellion

Skyquake87
2013-04-17, 09:29 AM
Is that the dull thud of the obvious I hear crashing through my interweb connection? Why yes, yes it is! And so it came to pass that Optimus Prime came back from the dead for the 94th time. It's just embarrassing that Transformers continues to resort to this cobblers time and again. And for his latest 'upgrade' as tiresome modern parlance would have it, Prime Prime has become Cybertron Prime with added Live Action Phil Collins 'Buster' mode for exciting flight capabilities! Buy yours in the shops today kids! (unless you live in Europe, when physical stock wont be available until 2015 long after any interest has passed)

And again, the Autobots are shown to be a bit useless without Optimus, which is bloody annoying because Ultra Magnus proved a capable tacitian, all he needed was perhaps a little more 'Wrecker' and the mission would have been a success..or at least to shoot the Fusion Cannon me do instead of being awestruck by Megatron's portly frame.

Both these things annoyed me no end and undid what had started out as a fantastic episode. But the clouds parting and the sun shining to reveal Optimus...Jesus wept, as much as folk bang on about the religious allegories in Doctor Who being rammed down our throats, at least they're not as nauseating as this was.

F**k me.

Knightdramon
2013-04-17, 11:36 AM
Yeah, been watching the episodes but stopped trying to hope for anything good coming from them. Just entertaining fun and nothing, not a thing more.

Didn't think they'd kill Prime in a show called Prime [like, did you really believe they were going to fire House in Season 1? The show is called HOUSE]. Although since the premise of the writers was "show the world what it means to be a Prime", they could easily build a character from the beginning, have him mature and then christen him a Prime once Optimus passes away.

Getting a big BW S3 vibe from Optimus, much like Primal, he's grown too big and too powerful. Literally, in both cases.

And I just want to laugh at the writers' faces for promising that S3 will turn the tables on the usual status quo; Megatron has done nothing of importance while sitting on his fortress, that only targeted and blew off hicksvile, Nevada, and even then there were no casualties because the town was evacuated just before.

And yet, just one episode after the opening, seven autobots completely obliterate a FORTRESS with a battleship docked and possibly about a billion Decepticon troopers. So much for status quo changes.

One thing I do like, though, is that we're finally past the 5 autobots core team. Smokescreen, Wheeljack AND Magnus appear to be here to stay.

Skyquake87
2013-04-17, 02:08 PM
I didn't expect they'd kill Optimus...but I wish to God they wouldn't continually bump him off only to bring him back again. Its not even South Park funny.

I know its "only a kids show", but stuff like this is just garbage. There's got to be more that you can do with Optimus than nearly kill him all the time.

Agreed that the Decepticons grand plan seems a bit rudderless..'We're going to install a big fortress and blow up a small town! For more power! And , y'know...stuff'. Just what are they doing? Starscream also continues his fall, lerching back, back into the useless G1 archetype no one seems capable of wrestling the character from. Just kill him and done with it Megatron. Not only is he clearly a self serving miscreant, but he's wasting troops and resources on obvious ploys by enemy agents. he's a liability and you look like an idiot suffering his continued existence. if you love him, then just say so. Sh*t or get off the pot.

Quite amused that Predaking was defeated by being sent to the arctic (oh, wait this is an American show, he probably only made it as far as Alaska because America is the world), which will probably make 'beast hunting' a bit easier as er, there are now none.

calvin_0
2013-04-17, 04:26 PM
Quite amused that Predaking was defeated by being sent to the arctic (oh, wait this is an American show, he probably only made it as far as Alaska because America is the world), which will probably make 'beast hunting' a bit easier as er, there are now none.

well they did say back a while ago that extreme cold is bad for cybertronian, afterall optimus and arcee almost shutdown because of the cold once.

for optimus prime, well its just doing what he did best, die and come back again ^_^. I like the new optimus, i wish he had a super mode since he look alot like galaxy convoy. Optimus Prime, Super Mode!

for starscream, i think he is loyal to megatron now, afterall he totally pass off a great opportunity to finish off megatron.

with the hammer drained, i wonder how the rest of the team goes into beast hunter mode...

tahukanuva
2013-04-17, 04:33 PM
Transformers: Prime killed my mom.

Skyquake87
2013-04-17, 08:20 PM
well they did say back a while ago that extreme cold is bad for cybertronian, afterall optimus and arcee almost shutdown because of the cold once.

Very true, they lasted longer than a creature that was waaay bigger than them though.