PDA

View Full Version : Two crazy Megatron theories (that make sense)

Kungfu Dinobot
2013-06-29, 08:34 AM
One thing that bothers me (and Warcry, it seems) is Megatron's fluctuating intelligence in the IDWverse (or across the brand, for that matter), going from the master politician in Chaos Theory to the generic dictator and back into a genius. But I thought of two theories that no one in IDW seemed to have even thought of!

1) The real megatron is dead and current one is a metal puppet controlled by Bombshell.

Logic: After the hype given to Bombshell's "unparalleled creative genius", I think it's about time he lived up to his credentials (instead of being a mind-control mook like McCarthy so obviously didn't set him up to be).

2) The Current Megatron is the real one and the Megatron in the Furman-McCarthyverse is just a Phase-sixer body-double.

Logic: Someone as smart as Robert's Megatron would logically put disposable stooge in his place and avoid unnecessary danger. It's pretty much a win-win situation; the phase-sixer gets things to kill and the real Megatron gets to convince his mooks he's leading by example.

Red Dave Prime
2013-06-29, 09:00 AM
Neither idea is unworkable (although imagine the fan uproar if IDW had the balls to do a twist like this) but I'm not sure if they solve the obvious problem of Megatron being a character of fluctuating intelligence and strength as well.

I'd place the blame at the writers - if you going to proclaim someone as a master of leading and strategy, they need to be backed up in their actions. Megatron hasn't (Barbers most recent plot had him come off like sunbow megatron). I also think that IDWs stories set in the past dont help - the Megatron in monstrosity is so powerful despite being made up of spare parts you have to wonder why he didnt win the war single handed.

Kungfu Dinobot
2013-06-29, 09:09 AM
Neither idea is unworkable (although imagine the fan uproar if IDW had the balls to do a twist like this) but I'm not sure if they solve the obvious problem of Megatron being a character of fluctuating intelligence and strength as well.

I'd place the blame at the writers - if you going to proclaim someone as a master of leading and strategy, they need to be backed up in their actions. Megatron hasn't (Barbers most recent plot had him come off like sunbow megatron). I also think that IDWs stories set in the past dont help - the Megatron in monstrosity is so powerful despite being made up of spare parts you have to wonder why he didnt win the war single handed.

Yeah your right. It's just that I want to break my trolling habit and come up with something stimulating for a change.

I, like one guy at the IDW boards agree with the problem of megatron as an invincible powerhouse. I mean, if he's so tough, why have dumb muscles like Devastator and Trypticon? Surely his strength and smarts could trump two giant nuke-baits anytime.

Knightdramon
2013-06-30, 10:53 AM
I think he's just changing.

In the days of the last false Primes, he wanted to revolutionize the world through thought; getting mercilessly and indiscriminately beaten up near death quickly changed his views.

While first operating in small terrorist cells, he did gain a lot of ground once he beat Zeta Prime, after that it was an all out war, no small battles or political intrigue.

And while still on an amazing power level, he couldn't deal with everything on his own. Metroplex could just step on him at any time, and the Autobots did have many powerhouses under their ranks [Springer, Impactor, Magnus, Grimlock, Optimus] that could actually work together to brutalize him.

Thus he needed more powerful troops and "creations".

Kungfu Dinobot
2013-07-01, 01:52 AM
Thus he needed more powerful troops and "creations".

I dunno, would it be more convenient (and cost-efficient) to produce more phase-sixers? I mean, Devastator's only use seemed to be for flashy Bay-hem, and is useless for actual warfare (i.e. the fight with Omega Supreme).

Knightdramon
2013-07-01, 07:57 AM
I dunno, would it be more convenient (and cost-efficient) to produce more phase-sixers? I mean, Devastator's only use seemed to be for flashy Bay-hem, and is useless for actual warfare (i.e. the fight with Omega Supreme).

As evidenced in MTMTE 14, he has a very, very limited resource needed to make them, so it's not like he can churn them out at a factory. He only ever made 4 or 5 before his resource run out. And not everybody can become one, as the process can kill a bot who isn't compatible.

Kungfu Dinobot
2013-07-03, 07:55 AM
As evidenced in MTMTE 14, he has a very, very limited resource needed to make them, so it's not like he can churn them out at a factory. He only ever made 4 or 5 before his resource run out. And not everybody can become one, as the process can kill a bot who isn't compatible.

The Gestalt process seems hardly like a "discount choice" either, considering the fact that Devastator (seemingly) uses mass-displacement. As a matter of fact, it shouldn't be difficult to clone Skywarp or something:p