PDA

View Full Version : MP ARCEE PLEASE!

FortressMaximus
2013-07-06, 01:22 AM
I wish either Hasbro or Takara would make a G1 Masterpiece Arcee. Any one else agree with me?

Summerhayes
2013-07-06, 01:40 AM
Blimey, don't know about a masterpiec. I might bite at a decent Generations one, maybe.

Unicron
2013-07-06, 02:54 AM
Yeah, I have to agree, Generations would be a better choice for an Arcee. There likely wouldn't be anywhere near enough demand to support an MP version. Plus the repaint potential is fairly low, unless they go for things like the female Autobots, but that's more of an eHobby or Botcon thing.

FortressMaximus
2013-07-06, 04:13 AM
How about MP figures: Alpha Trion, and the rest of the G1 Dinobots: Snarl, Swoop, Slag and Sludge?

Denyer
2013-07-06, 06:45 AM
There isn't likely to be much interest (from toy companies) in moulds there aren't easy repaints of. With Grimlock there was the option to do comic/cartoon decos, but with the rest of the Dinobots it's unlikely similar would be the case.

Would love a MP Slag but I don't think it'll happen. Alpha Trion? No chance.

Cliffjumper
2013-07-06, 08:43 AM
Would love the Dinos. The Slutbots and ther beardy pimp? Would probably pass.

Denyer
2013-07-06, 10:46 AM
Are there any other "big enough" name characters you could get away with doing a straight comic/cartoon repaint of, and not have to worry about getting into obscure Diaclone colour releases?

Would be surprised if there isn't an official Ironhide/Ratchet release on the horizon.

Cliffjumper
2013-07-06, 03:00 PM
Are there any other "big enough" name characters you could get away with doing a straight comic/cartoon repaint of, and not have to worry about getting into obscure Diaclone colour releases?

Swoop maaaybe - in that if they were doing him anyway they might as well cover the main bases (though given TakaraTomy's cartoon slant it's more likely the ones who like him looking good and like the other Dinobots would get dicked over with some uber-rare exclusive). Slag, oddly, seems to bother a lot fewer people.

Other than that most of the changes are heads and the like, be difficult to spin out another repaint. Mind, cartoon, toy and comic Grimlock are the same colour and they still did a recolour - we're probably lucky no TF series has been broadcast in black & white.

inflatable dalek
2013-07-06, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't bet against a G2 Megatron at some point. As well as giving a version of the character that can be more easily picked up by Hasbro and sold outside Japan you've also got at least a couple of colour schemes to choose from (before you get into stuff like "Colours a tank might actually be" or "G1 grey"). Plus the inevitable Bludgeon reworking.