PDA

View Full Version : Trypitcon's Electronics

HotShot81
2013-07-08, 09:04 PM
I am looking at buying Trypitcon, and I have found a few on Ebay. I am just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience fixing them, and if it's hard? Or should I blow more money and get one with functional electronics?

Warcry
2013-07-09, 12:47 AM
"Fixing them" is pretty vague, unfortunately, and it's hard to know what's wrong until you actually get it apart. There are a lot of things that could go wrong with the electronics in a toy that old, starting with the simple (like damaged battery connectors or broken wires) up to the complex (blown motors, etc). If a major component is broken you'd need to find replacements, and you're talking about nearly thirty year old electronics...I don't think actually fixing the electronics would be very difficult, but finding the parts could turn out to be. it could very well be that the only place to find them is another Trypticon, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Is a working Trypticon really that much more expensive these days? I paid $30 or so for mine seven or eight years ago, albeit without some of the accessories.

HotShot81
2013-07-10, 07:25 PM
I am really trying to understand Trypitcon here, since I am hitting some confusion.

By looking at http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=2058 I see some kind of tower/ramp on the far right side.

The instructions seen here. http://www.unicron.com/tfitem/itemimage_view.php?mode=instructions&itemID=342&imageID=1760 make no mention of it.

I am trying to understand this bot as I get ready to buy one.

Warcry
2013-07-10, 07:42 PM
Unless my memory is deceiving me, the "tower" at the far right is actually his battery cover, which forms a sizable chunk of his tail in beast mode.

The Reverend
2013-07-14, 09:56 PM
Yup, that's the battery cover on the back of his tail. Trypticon's "buildings" are just parts of Brunt (tank) with way too many accessories sticking out of them.