PDA

View Full Version : Help a fellow collector organize

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 02:56 PM
So after all these years, I'm finally looking to get things organized in my collection. I've held onto nearly everything, and I (think) I have all the accessories on my bots, but they're not exactly with their bots.

Back in the day when I started collecting Armada, my solution to making sure not to lose all those minicons was to stow them in a jar where they couldn't wander off, and later more accessories joined the pile. Now that I want to get every piece together with their bot and instruction books (and whatever else) I'm finding some pieces that I do not recognize immediate, or sort of remember but can't quite place.

So anyways, as pieces come up, I'll be posting them here, and I appreciate any help from the people who know what items go where, or can direct me to a source to help. Thanks in advanced.

Now, on to the main event!

First item - a die-cast metal matrix which I am very sure came with one of my Rodimus's. I think it goes with the Classics one, but I haven't been able to find a review or picture gallery that actually shows him with it, so I need to confirm it.

Second item - I have ALL of the comics for my armada figures, however, as said before, they're not with their figures, and no-one seems to take pictures of the bots with their comics for me to reference. Anyone know a site or something that actually says which ones go where?

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 03:03 PM
First item - a die-cast metal matrix which I am very sure came with one of my Rodimus's. I think it goes with the Classics one, but I haven't been able to find a review or picture gallery that actually shows him with it, so I need to confirm it.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Matrix_of_Leadership/toys#Transformers_.282010.29

If it's from a Rodimus and it's die-cast, I'd wager it ame from that two-pack of Rod and Cyclonus.

If not, well, the rest of that page should help you identify the Matrix...

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 03:13 PM
alrighty, so it's the other classic-styled Rodimus in my collection that it belongs with. And with that reminder I better bag Cyclonis with him as well just to keep them complete.

I've also found item #3 now, a red, odd-looking missile that I am only 20% sure goes with a transformer (there's some other stuff in this box as well). Anyone good at recognizing missiles before I bother digging out my camera to picture it?

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 03:18 PM
I've also found item #3 now, a red, odd-looking missile that I am only 20% sure goes with a transformer (there's some other stuff in this box as well). Anyone good at recognizing missiles before I bother digging out my camera to picture it?

If it's a missile I own, I probably could identify it. However, I do not own any Armada toy, so... :(

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 03:27 PM
well if it wasn't clear, I have plenty more than Armada, just saying the separated accessories thing started around that time ;)

Alright, here's a pic, taken with my webcam. Hopefully it's visible enough

inflatable dalek
2013-08-07, 03:46 PM
Armada Jetfire IIRC.

Skyquake87
2013-08-07, 03:58 PM
The Armada pack in comics numbered 1 - 4 (i think) and ran with their respective 'waves' . Number 1 came with Optimus, Hot Shot, Red Alert, Megatron, Cyclonus and Starscream. Number 2 with the likes of Thundercracker, Smokescreen and Tidal Wave. Number 3 with Wheeljack, Thrust and Number 4 with all the 'Unicron Battles' figures. IIRC.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 04:13 PM
The Armada pack in comics numbered 1 - 4 (i think) and ran with their respective 'waves' . Number 1 came with Optimus, Hot Shot, Red Alert, Megatron, Cyclonus and Starscream. Number 2 with the likes of Thundercracker, Smokescreen and Tidal Wave. Number 3 with Wheeljack, Thrust and Number 4 with all the 'Unicron Battles' figures. IIRC.

How about the minicon combiner teams? Did they come with comics? Can't recall now.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:04 PM
Next loose piece - Part of the giant poster from the Cybertron series of toys. Top left portion, has info on speed planet on it. I believe it goes with Hotshot from that line. Please confirm?

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 05:09 PM
Next loose piece - Part of the giant poster from the Cybertron series of toys. Top left portion, has info on speed planet on it. I believe it goes with Hotshot from that line. Please confirm?

The toys on the other side of the poster should advertise the toys it came with. Mine came with Crumplezone, but Hot Shot should come with it as well.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:10 PM
I find myself looking at my two Rodimi, and now I'm not sure if I put the flame-missile in the right bags. I've got a see-through dark blue one paired with my Rodimus that has a flame paintjob, and I've got the opaque light blue one in with my Rodimus that came with Cyclonis. Is this right or do I need to switch them?

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 05:11 PM
I find myself looking at my two Rodimi, and now I'm not sure if I put the flame-missile in the right bags. I've got a see-through dark blue one paired with my Rodimus that has a flame paintjob, and I've got the opaque light blue one in with my Rodimus that came with Cyclonis. Is this right or do I need to switch them?

I have the non-Cyclonus Rodimus (darker red and flames set on a red background) and his missile is slightly see-through and dark blue.

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 05:13 PM
Lonely Rodimus:

http://www.tfu.info/2006/Autobot/ClassicsRodimus/rodimus.htm

and

Rodimus/Cyclonus two-pack:

http://www.tfu.info/2011/Autobot/RTSRodimus/rodimus.htm

And yeah, you seem to be correct.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:16 PM
alrighty, everything's slowly coming together. Thanks again for everyone who's put in input so far.

Still need confirmation to if the minicon teams came with comics

Additionally, I'm finding several bots with no accessories, and I don't think they came with any, but want to be sure. So far I have:

Alternators Smokescreen
Alternators Hound
Movie Megatron

inflatable dalek
2013-08-07, 05:18 PM
Smokescreen and Hound had little guns, in the former case it became his engine and the later it fit in his spare tyre (so it could quite easily be snug in there without you realising).

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:18 PM
The toys on the other side of the poster should advertise the toys it came with. Mine came with Crumplezone, but Hot Shot should come with it as well.

Paired it with Hot Rod, but now I have two more of the top right corner poster parts (giant planet) but of the bots pictured on it, I have NONE. So I'm not sure who this goes with.

I do have a Cybertron Soundwave and Sideways, which are first choices of where they might go.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:21 PM
Smokescreen and Hound had little guns, in the former case it became his engine and the later it fit in his spare tyre (so it could quite easily be snug in there without you realising).

Found Smokey's gun right where you said. Can't get Hound's spare tire off though to check on that, but the tire's there. Guess I'm gonna have to find the instructions.

Damn you alternators for being the only toys I ever had to look at the instructions to transform XD

inflatable dalek
2013-08-07, 05:24 PM
The tyre doesn't come off, there's a sort of hidden compartment in the side of it that slides up.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:39 PM
The tyre doesn't come off, there's a sort of hidden compartment in the side of it that slides up.

was trying that too, but it wouldn't come open XD

Finally got it to pop the compartment open, seems to have just been stuck

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 05:45 PM
Movie Megatron

Which Megatron? The leader class one doesn't come with accessories, though the arm kibble that turns into his fusion cannon is liable to slide off. Don't own the Voyager toy, so I don't remember.

EDIT: Voyager Megatron (http://www.tfu.info/2007/Decepticon/VoyagerMegatron/megatron.htm) only has a missile as an accessory.

Paired it with Hot Rod, but now I have two more of the top right corner poster parts (giant planet) but of the bots pictured on it, I have NONE. So I'm not sure who this goes with.

I do have a Cybertron Soundwave and Sideways, which are first choices of where they might go.

If memory serves right Soundwave definitely came with the Giant planet, and Sideways came with either the Speed or Jungle planet, though I'm not 100% sure...

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 05:51 PM
Which Megatron? The leader class one doesn't come with accessories, though the arm kibble that turns into his fusion cannon is liable to slide off. Don't own the Voyager toy, so I don't remember.

EDIT: Voyager Megatron (http://www.tfu.info/2007/Decepticon/VoyagerMegatron/megatron.htm) only has a missile as an accessory.

Alright, I have the non-accessories version.

Next clarification - Armada Optimus. I've got the little one and the big one with the trailer. They both have different looking cards, want to be sure I got the right one with each. I've got a card of him posing with just fists, and another one where he has a gun.

Additionally, which minicon went with which? I've got overrun (the grey one) and Sparkplug (the yellow car)

HotShot81
2013-08-07, 06:02 PM
The grey one goes with the cab alone, with the yellow one goes with the big one with the trailer.

Skyquake87
2013-08-07, 06:03 PM
The one drawn by Don Figueroa came with Mini-Prime - the one where he sort of rushing head first with fists. Big Prime I think came with the one where he's legs first, if that helps! :D The Mini-Con combiner team didn't come with a comic in the UK - non of the Mini-Con teams did.

Blackjack
2013-08-07, 06:15 PM
Sparkplug the Bumblebee lookalike goes with the big one that combines with a trailer. Over-Run goes with the smaller Deluxe Prime.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 06:28 PM
The one drawn by Don Figueroa came with Mini-Prime - the one where he sort of rushing head first with fists. Big Prime I think came with the one where he's legs first, if that helps! :D The Mini-Con combiner team didn't come with a comic in the UK - non of the Mini-Con teams did.

Looks like the minicon teams came with issue #3, as I got 3 of those left over with no appropriate bots to pair them with.

Don't know about the street team, though, no comic left to pair with them. I seem to think they had a certain comic for them, but haven't found that yet

Almost all the stuff's been paired now, so thanks guys :)

Still missing several instruction booklets, which means I got some stowed somewhere that I've not found yet. Gonna have to hunt around and see if the missing accessories are there too.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 06:34 PM
On closer inspection of the cards, the gun Optimus is holding looks like Overrun (hard to tell at the angle) so got that sorted now.

Aero Blade
2013-08-07, 09:16 PM
alright, after a spree of looking for missing parts and bagging up sets, I am now down to my leftovers. Please let me know if you recognize any of the spare parts in the picture as belonging to a transformer.

Additionally, I think the orange motorcycle is Arcee, but I don't know what series from (no instructions found to match to it)

HotShot81
2013-08-07, 10:14 PM
I think the motorcycle might be Lugntuz from Energon?

Notabot
2013-08-07, 10:34 PM
The blue swords look vaguely like the ones my Beast Wars monkey Prime has, only mine are yellow. I think mine was a reissue, so it might have different colors.

If you have a guess as to who something might belong to, check out www.tfu.info Pretty thorough listing of accessories for each character, but not so great for searching for "silver missile with bump".

Sades
2013-08-08, 04:19 AM
Yep- The swords go with the first BW Optimus toy.

tahukanuva
2013-08-08, 04:21 AM
The grey/silver gun on the left is movie Jazz.

Blackjack
2013-08-08, 05:17 AM
Additionally, I think the orange motorcycle is Arcee, but I don't know what series from (no instructions found to match to it)

Lugnutz (tfwiki.net/wiki/Lugnutz) from Cybertron, actually.

Aero Blade
2013-08-08, 07:22 PM
Thanks everyone, that's helped me sort it all out. All I need now is to replace some missing pieces :)