PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so it's definitely me (Alternity Convoy)

Knightdramon
2013-08-15, 04:47 PM
First Dai Atlas, now Nemesis Prime.

I broke, or rather, misused, my second GTR figure.

Transformed flipped the top up before flipping the waist down [from robot to car] and now the abs panel is locked and recessed onto the torso no matter how I move it.

How on Earth do I fix this without resorting to throwing away my figure or giving it away? Denyer? Anybody?

Denyer
2013-08-15, 05:33 PM
I removed the automorph bar on the Dai Atlas, but it wasn't necessary just to free the torso. If I recall correctly, it's just a case of folding the torso to an in-between point in the transformation and reaching in to free the abs plate with a finger or small screwdriver. The 'hook' on the back of the abs plate is slightly rounded.

If you get sick of it, it only takes a small screwdriver and pliers to drill out the bar. Transforms fine manually. :up:

Knightdramon
2013-08-16, 05:22 PM
Hmm...actually fixed it. I tried forcing the abs panel open to shave the tab, then something clicked, now he's autotransforming just fine without me gutting him.

Love/hate relationship with this mould. I love it, love the metal, love the paint, love the colours, the detail...but twice in two different releases I've had this problem that makes me terrified of it.

In contrast, the Alternity Megatrons I have [black and blue], use a similar if not identical system and don't have this issue.