PDA

View Full Version : Transformer Prime: TFCC Deluxe Slipstream [uploaded]

calvin_0
2013-08-19, 07:36 PM
Name: Slipstream
Function: Espionage
Sub-Group: TFCC Exclusive
Size Class: Deluxe Class

"The truth is well-hidden. To find it, you have to lose yourself in a sea of lies."

Slipstream is a mystery to all those whom she meets. No one knows who she is or from where she comes. All that they know is that she seems a little different from the rest of the Cybertronians who have made Axiom Nexus thier home.

Slipstream, the mysterious female clone of Starscream. I been a fans of her since she first appear in Transformer Animated where Starscream clone himself using protoform he found, surprisingly all his clone came from apart of his personality. When Trasnformer Prime reuse that plot, imagine my disappointment where all we got is 5 Starscreams. Slipstream is abit hot headed, smart and a pretty capable fighter.. basically she is Starscream if he wasnt a coward. Too bad she never get her own toy back in TFA but TFCC give us a Trasnfromer Prime Slipsream, i was really happy even though the toy got delayed for a year..

Alternate Mode:

Slipstream is a repaint of Transformer Prime First Edition Starscream, so her alternate mode is the same as Starscream which is a Fighter Jet. She have a really nice purple with metallic green all over, she really look beautiful. This is what she might look like if Slipstream appear in the show. However there is some unpainted bit near the cockpit, so it look abit weird. But that doesnt deterred her overall look.

She does have the same problem as all other jet transformer which she have her legs just hanging out under the jet. Other than that, her nosecone and missile are made out of soft plastic (same as Starscream), however thanks to the way the figure is packaged, the missile tend to bend, its depend on your luck how bend the missile are, mine fortunately only slightly bended but i have seen some that really out of shape.

As a fighter jet, she have the same playability as, well toy plane. She have no moving part in this mode and the only detachable part are her missile which is attached to her wings. It fit rather securely.

Robot Mode:

Transformation to robot mode is fairly complicated, but thankfully its easy to learn. Once you learn it, its pretty fun. Also all the join are pretty tight. So take caution so you dont break some fragile part, like that part where it fold into her backpack.

In robot mode, she have a really nice head design. She well, look like Slipstream. Sadly like Prime Starscream she doesnt have light piping. It would be great if she have some.

But her head do have some problem, one of the problem is she wasnt accurate to her art design on her bio card, the other is she look a little bit like Starscream. Well she is suppose to be a female clone of Starscream, so that is fine by me.

The overall paint job for Slipstream is as good as her alternate mode and all the color carry over nicely. Her head got a special treatment as she came with eyeliner and lipstick. I kinda wish they use metallic red for her eyes, that will make them pop more then flat red. Her thigh however is unpainted purple, according to her bio card, its suppose to be sliver. But again, consider where those thigh end up in alternate mode, painting them sliver might make the fighter jet look abit weird.

The overall robot mode look great, all the part are sorted out, nothing awkward from her alternate mode show up in the robot mode.. except the nosecone which make her look like she have a tail.. so beside that, nothing else. Thanks to prime Starcream look really feminine, it work well as a female body but its not perfect.

Since she is base on prime Starscream, she end-up having hunchback. She doesnt look great with hunchback which contribute to her looking like Starscream. But luckily it can be fixed with a simple mis-transformation. All you have to do is instead of pushing her chest forward and pegging her backpack on her chest, just leave the chest straighten and let the peg sit on the back of her neck. You can still peg in her neck but it wont go all the way. By getting rid of the hunchback, it greatly improve the overall look. Now she look more like Slipstream then Starscream. They should have remolded the backpack so it can be peg on her chest straight and make this her official look.

For articulation, her head can look straight up, abit down, left and right. Her arm can rotate 360, inward and outward movement, her big shoulder pad doesnt cause any problem. Additional to that, her hand can also rotate left and right. It bend forward at the elbow and inward due to the transformation. Her hand can only bend inward. Her legs can rotate 350, limited outward and inward movement, it also rotate left and right, bend almost 90 degree at the knee. Her feet and heel also and move forward and backward due to transformation. If you want to count it, her wings is also have limited forward and backward movement and they can also move up and down.

For accessory, she only come with those soft plastic missile which can be attach on her hand or her wings.

Transformation Design: 4, as i mention before, fairly complicated, but easy to learn.

Durability: 7, the soft plastic knee spike, missile and her backpack should be keep in mind. those might break.

Fun: 7, her vehicle mode is just as fun as any toy plane, her robot mode have alot of repay value and the transformation is fun once you learn it.

Aesthetics: 7, not very accurate to the design on her bio card, but overall still faithful to the character design.

Articulation: 8, alot of articulation, she only need a waist joint which she technically have due to transformation but its useless as a joint.

Value/Price: 3, sadly due to being an exclusive, its going to be pretty expensive. I got mine around 99 USD, 127 including shipping.

Overall: 6, Slipstream have problem here and there, but its still a pretty good figure. However due to the price point, she might not be for everyone. So if you are a fan of Slipstream or fans of seeker, this figure are for you.

calvin_0
2013-08-19, 07:39 PM
more picture.

Blackjack
2013-08-25, 02:46 PM
More reviews of club-exclusive stuff is always welcome. Probably need to proof this for a bit before uploading... quite a bit of grammar goofs in there. :)

I really, really want this toy for some reason. I think not so much her Animated portrayal as her awesomenly neon paintscheme, though.

numbat
2013-08-25, 04:53 PM
Should have Scourge shortly - perhaps that'll be my first review after my hiatus. Probably will have time to review in first week of September...

Blackjack
2013-08-25, 05:04 PM
I personally never had any problems with the Starscream toy being a hunchback, the toy is versatile enough to be transformed correctly and not have him look hunchbacked... I certainly have Starscream displayed for nearly a year now looking not at all hunchbacked whilst transformed properly.

Also, unless they changed something between Starscream and Slipstream, his waist joint works perfectly.

calvin_0
2013-08-28, 02:20 PM
More reviews of club-exclusive stuff is always welcome. Probably need to proof this for a bit before uploading... quite a bit of grammar goofs in there. :)

yeah, sorry about my english, it wasnt great to begin with plus years of internet have really take a toll on my written english...

i'm not a TFCC member so i cant do a review of the rest, Slipstream is the only one i got, but i'm looking forward for Trasnmutate that might arrive next year.

I personally never had any problems with the Starscream toy being a hunchback, the toy is versatile enough to be transformed correctly and not have him look hunchbacked... I certainly have Starscream displayed for nearly a year now looking not at all hunchbacked whilst transformed properly.

yeah, hunchback work great for starscream, but from what animated show us, slipstream is starscream without cowardliness, so i personally feel that hunchback wasnt a suitable look for her.

Blackjack
2013-08-28, 02:42 PM
yeah, hunchback work great for starscream, but from what animated show us, slipstream is starscream without cowardliness, so i personally feel that hunchback wasnt a suitable look for her.

Not problem in the sense that 'I don't mind that Starscream is hunchbacked' but problem in the sense that 'my Starscream toy isn't a hunchback'.