PDA

View Full Version : [CUSTOM] 'Disposable' airbrushes for repainting trans-toys - yes or no?

Aero Blade
2013-09-06, 12:00 AM
So I've been experimenting with repainting transformers on occasionally, mostly with hand painting, and I'm finally starting to look at airbrushes. Getting even a small kit with compressor is a tad pricey for me right now, though, so I've been looking at these sets that use aerosol instead of a compressor, but I'm on the fence about it. Is anyone familiar enough with these things to offer me a better opinion?

I'm already figuring the aerosol will never be as good as an actual compressor powered one, but are they respectable enough to be used by an artist on a budget to fill the gap?

Clay
2013-09-07, 06:02 PM
Yep, I've used the aerosol cans exclusively for all the custom work I've done.

One day... some day... I'll get a compressor, but at the rate that I actually finish projects, the aerosol cans are the way to go for me.

Clay
2013-10-04, 01:17 AM
So today I went and bought a compressor. Specifically, this one (http://www.testors.com/product/141307/50204A/_/Testors_Blue_Mini_Airbrush_Compressor). Hobby Lobby has an online coupon for 40% off a single item, so it ended up being $90. Tested it a little, and it worked fine. Will be painting lots tomorrow!