PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one got leaked? Already?!

The PS3 KILLeR
2013-09-09, 07:39 AM
Did anyone catch the video the kid did? I did and it was legit, but I'm 99.9% it was a dev kit. Mainly because it had a bunch of spec stickers and whatnot on the console and his controller didn't say "day one 2013" like all that have been produced so far have.

Microsoft took it down as fast as it takes a fanboy flame war to erupt on IGN, but here's what I saw incase anyone cares:

1. The controller looks really nice up close and the triggers are about 3x the thickness of the 360s but are far more rounded and curves into the design of the controller.

2. The system is super quiet as MS has stated before. Only took note of this because I wasn't sure how much of this claim was bs to sell more units.

3. The Dashboard or UI is very sleek IMO, and looks exactly like windows 8 in its design.

4. Ryse in beta form was playable via the Dashboard. This kid must've been logged on to live as a similar thing happened with mass effect 3. The beta was released to dev kits and accidentally to users in the dashboard beta at the time. So this adds further evidence to this being a dev kit.

5. Games and apps start up lightning fast with almost no load times. Granted this was the Ryse beta and not a full retail copy, but we should expect the same for games downloaded or installed to the hard drive.

6. Ryse looked very pleasing to the eyes, probably the most beautiful game I have ever seen! Unfortunately he didn't let it get to gameplay before he exited, which brings me to my next point...

7. When he hit the home button ( guide button basically) it took him back to the dashboard, and Ryse was still running flawlessly in the background featured in a window on the dashboard.

8. The system is f***ing huge! And I mean huge! I have no idea what to compare it too for exact size ratio but its a good 3-6 inches longer than the original white 360. Sorry rest of the world I don't know the metric system.

If you didn't catch it, I just noted everything worth noting so you didn't miss much. But for someone who is eagerly awaiting this this to get here come November, I found this interesting.

Warcry
2013-09-09, 03:13 PM
3. The Dashboard or UI is very sleek IMO, and looks exactly like windows 8 in its design.
Could be that I'm misremembering but I thought the new system's dashboard was Windows 8, just modified for the console hardware.

The PS3 KILLeR
2013-09-10, 06:50 AM
Could be that I'm misremembering but I thought the new system's dashboard was Windows 8, just modified for the console hardware.

Not entirely no. I does have windows 8 as one of its 3 operating systems but the dashboard is not simply windows 8. Although it looks exactly like it, so you could argue the point that it is but from a programming view they are totally different in the coding.

So looks wise yes it is windows 8. You might still say it is windows 8 modified for the X1, but they are completely different programs that just happen to look alike. Think of it as if it were 2 pies of different flavors. Both are brown and look the same form the outside but when you cut them open they are not the same at all.

That was the "stupid" southern guy from northern Alabama explanation so hopefully you can understand what i'm tryin' to say. Not sure if my logic reads well to everyone else. :glance:

Notabot
2013-09-10, 06:57 PM
Mmmmmmm... pie!