PDA

View Full Version : It's been TEN years!

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-17, 04:14 AM
...Since I last posted here. Wow.

I don't even know how it popped into my head, I'm having a bit of insomnia at the moment so I came downstairs and just started surfing. I got to thinking of all the old Transformer websites I used to frequent on a regular-semi regular basis. The old TransFans.com site (which I think it's not even around anymore the way it was as I remember it), and I remembered this board. Browsed this way and it's still going, which is awesome. I can't believe I even remembered my login info! :lol:

Just wondering if there's still anyone posting that remembers me from here? I believe I used to talk with Sir Auros and Brendocon a bit, are you guys still active? If so, do you still collect?

Me, I'm still into the hobby, been going strong without ceasing for the last 13 years. A lot's happened, though, I had over 2,000 figures back in early 07 and sold off down to <200, rebuilt up until almost 1,000 again, sold off again in 10 down to <100. It was about a year later my now ex-wife and I split and I sold off again to pay some bills I got stuck with. Fast forward to this year, and I had a decent-sized Brave collection and recently had to sell it off to pay for my wedding to my new wife, Jenna. She and I met about a year ago, 1 year to the day, actually, from me catching my ex wife cheating. Must have been destiny. :lol: While she has absolutely ZERO interest in my hobby, she at least "gets" it and actually likes how much I enjoy it. Good woman, IMO. She's been by my side through a lot already. At the moment, I'm currently recovering from a major tractor trailer accident I was in back in April. Early in the morning, I was driving and got fatigued, nodded, and drove all 18 wheels off of a bridge in rural eastern Kentucky. The drop-off was about 45 feet and my partner and I escaped right before the truck exploded. There was nothing left, and fortunately no one perished in the accident. I suffered a broken arm in 2 places, numerous cuts, and now have severe PTSD and anxiety when driving, especially at night. Not fun. Out of work rehabbing at the moment, still have a surgery to go on my elbow to remove loose bone fragments, and after that I should be able to go find a new job. Lord knows I don't want to drive a semi again even if I could physically do it. Money was good (about $1000 USD /wk) but no job is worth risking my own and other's lives for. I'm so thankful that my new wife is helpful and supportive of me in this trying time of my life. I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through what I have without her caring nature. But enough about that, back to TF's...

My collection is around 150-200 figures now, finally displaying them in Ikea Detolfs like I've always wanted (as opposed to on cheap bookshelves like I used to). I do mainly G1s that are really special to me, Masterpieces, and Classics/3rd Party items that catch my eye. Still on the lookout for my next Yuusha Brave item too, like a Great Goldran.

I've been doing a Transformers podcast for about 3 years now, and while we're still relatively small, I enjoy doing it, as do the guys and gals that are part of the show with me. We started out doing it for GeekExistence.com, but since they did away with their association with toy collecting, we recently started our own website to give the podcast a new home.

Really taking an interest in photography the last couple of years, and doing a lot of self-teaching and learning from peers who enjoy the same. Hoping to get better equipment soon, and take even better photos. I've attached an example of one of my photos I've done recently. Hope you guys like it, if so, I'd be happy to start a thread and post more.

I have no idea why I stopped coming here, though I suspect it was mainly due to sticking to TFW2K5 and not spreading myself so thin on other boards. It's really good to know that some of my "old stomping grounds" are still around after all these years. I'll try and come around more often. Hope some of my old friends are still about, and I do apologize for being absent for so long. Hope all is well.

Aero Blade
2013-10-17, 04:31 AM
I do believe I remember your name. You were on the RPG at one time, weren't you? :)

We still got it going, but the old game is winding down. Got us a brand new shiny universe if the rp bug bites you. ;)

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-17, 04:35 AM
Ah yeah, I do remember RPG'ing a bit back in the day. Not so much on it any more, guess my taste in that part of the fandom waned a long time ago. :( My god, I was 28 the last time I posted on here, I'm pushing 40 now. *dies from mid-life crisis* :o

Astrotrain99
2013-10-17, 04:39 AM
10 years? *looks in the mirror*

Came over from Facebook to see how long it had been for me. 9/1/2003 for me. I still remember the old Transfans/TFArchive board invasions. :cool:

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-17, 04:40 AM
10 years? *looks in the mirror*

Came over from Facebook to see how long it had been for me. 9/1/2003 for me. I still remember the old Transfans/TFArchive board invasions. :cool:

Wow man, this is awesome. I think some folk may think hell has frozen over already! LOL

Oh man, your sig, A-Train. I remember it so well!

ganon578
2013-10-17, 02:09 PM
I definitely wasn't on here the last time you posted! I joined in '07 when I got back into collecting. Good to see you back, regardless if we've never met nor chatted!

Auntie Slag
2013-10-17, 02:13 PM
Hi Weirdwolf!

I remember you, I was using the name Windcharger back then, but I also remember seeing your name on other boards (TFW, Seibertron etc). I don't think Sir Auros has been around for a while, which is a shame... but there are plenty of good articles by him still on this site (in terms of the interviews he did with Activision for the Transformers movie games, and the pics of his toy collection).

Brendocon is around on Transfans I think. Good to see you again anyway :)

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-17, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome back, guys. I do intend to hang around more now, I promise. :halo: lol

I remember seeing you, Windcharger! :) I'm still on TFW, just getting out a bit more.

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-10-17, 06:19 PM
BACK IN THE CUPBOARD ALL OF YOU!

I'll lock the door behind us.

Jim
2013-10-18, 08:00 AM
I'm still hoping NISMOJOE makes a reappearance. He comes and goes on AIM every once in awhile. I think he's off in the gaming world more these days, especially when he seems to be top gamer when you search his handle. I miss playing endless hours of Starcraft. :-X

Hi all. ^_^

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-10-18, 11:22 AM
I'm still hoping NISMOJOE makes a reappearance. He comes and goes on AIM every once in awhile. I think he's off in the gaming world more these days, especially when he seems to be top gamer when you search his handle. I miss playing endless hours of Starcraft. :-X

Hi all. ^_^

that anyone still uses AIM at all always astounds me. I log on occasionally but mostly by accident.

Jim. 'sup

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-18, 02:07 PM
OMG, AIM. I don't remember the last time I used it. I remember Pretender Bumblebee and I used to chat on it daily, then we both started dropping off more and more. Lost touch with him over time, I miss our chats still. Not sure if PB is still even in the fandom. I think I started using AIM less mostly when I got off of MySpace and went to Facebook.

Cyberstrike nTo
2013-10-18, 03:47 PM
I remember you.

angloconvoy
2013-10-18, 03:47 PM
I rermember you! All this AIM talk makes me nostalgic. I never really use any instant messaging apart from Line these dasys.

inflatable dalek
2013-10-18, 04:15 PM
I have no idea who any of the people in this thread are.

Hound
2013-10-18, 08:24 PM
Dalek is such a newb!

I always love it when some of the old folk wander back in after a long absence. Makes me feel like less of a geek for sticking with the hobbly and this place for the 13+ years it's been since I found this place and started collecting as an adult.

As for what I've been up to, I married Saysadie and moved to Canada. We've been married about a year and a half now and have a 6 month old little girl named Olivia.

Still collecting. I sold off a good third of my collection a couple years back. Not really needing the money or space, I just decided that a good chunk of my TFs were toys I really didn't care much for anymore. I really have no idea how many toys I have though. I couldn't even guess.

I imagine my wife will wander in to say hi too sometime soon so I'll just say welcome back all of you...

Sades
2013-10-18, 08:31 PM
You married me? Nuh uh homeboi. I married you.

Er, or something. Anyway!

Holy shit, you're all alive!

:wave:

WWAM, don't almost-die anymore. It's not good for your health.

There's a baby! *holds her up, Lion King style* One of many, but this one's mine.

And his ^ , but mostly MIIIINE. She is my Squishy.

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-18, 09:36 PM
Holy moly, saysadie and Hound are still around!? Congrats, you two! :) I remember both of you, and oddly enough, saysadie's "Thwacking Stick"--though I don't recall the context, just the phrase. :lol:

Wow, almost didn't expect to see so many familiar faces still around. The fact two board members are married to each other now is awesome. I think a couple on TFW did the same thing, unless that's you two. :p

Congats also on the little one!

Addl
2013-10-19, 07:01 AM
I still have the photos of you old folk, which we used to put up on members page muahahahaha!

.... even you monzo

*Somehow plans to inegrate these pictures into a master plan to enslave everyone*

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-10-19, 06:36 PM
*Somehow plans to inegrate these pictures into a master plan to enslave everyone*

That shouldn't be too difficult for you ;)

:wave:

inflatable dalek
2013-10-19, 06:44 PM
Of course, the Hound/Sades marriage is entirely based on Stockholm Syndrome.

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-19, 08:05 PM
I still have the photos of you old folk, which we used to put up on members page muahahahaha!

.... even you monzo

Ehermagherd, must see this old pic. :lol:

Astrotrain99
2013-10-21, 02:31 PM
Dalek is such a newb!

I always love it when some of the old folk wander back in after a long absence. Makes me feel like less of a geek for sticking with the hobbly and this place for the 13+ years it's been since I found this place and started collecting as an adult.

As for what I've been up to, I married Saysadie and moved to Canada. We've been married about a year and a half now and have a 6 month old little girl named Olivia.

Still collecting. I sold off a good third of my collection a couple years back. Not really needing the money or space, I just decided that a good chunk of my TFs were toys I really didn't care much for anymore. I really have no idea how many toys I have though. I couldn't even guess.

I imagine my wife will wander in to say hi too sometime soon so I'll just say welcome back all of you...

Congrats you two. That's awesome to hear! :)

Astrotrain99
2013-10-21, 02:32 PM
I remember I went to OTFCC in Chicago with a couple of TFArchive members in '03 and '04. Thundercracker84 & Redstreak.

Happened to see Thundercracker84's username on the top sticked post, but looks like his account has been deleted. Ironically Redstreak was the very next post in that thread and he was banned.

Didn't know TC84 had left, I knew Redstreak rage-quite the place around around 05 though.

Warcry
2013-10-21, 04:45 PM
Didn't know TC84 had left
I think he posted for quite a while as just "Thundercracker" after abandoning the TC84 account, but he's been gone for a long time now.

I remember Redstreak leaving but I'll be damned if I could remember why.

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-10-21, 05:15 PM
I think he posted for quite a while as just "Thundercracker" after abandoning the TC84 account, but he's been gone for a long time now.

I remember Redstreak leaving but I'll be damned if I could remember why.

Issues with, pretty much, me and everyone else.

TC84 did post for a long time as just Thundercracker, you're right.

Hound
2013-10-21, 05:32 PM
Jason left because he was a crazy ass psycho, he thought we were all out to get him and he thought it was ok for him to be an asshole to everyone. So I banned him. Felt good too.

Sades
2013-10-21, 07:37 PM
Whacking stick! I just liked to use the smiley. Um, a lot. So it kind of became attached to me.

I love it when people rage-quit on the internet.

Of course, the Hound/Sades marriage is entirely based on Stockholm Syndrome.

I am happy to say that you are incorrect, sir.

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2013-10-24, 02:12 AM
I remember TC84 and Redstreak as well, and I believe I went to the Botcon to which A-Train99 refers as well, but I don't remember them much for some reason. I do recall meeting Professor Smooth a few times though. Last I recall he moved to Japan or something like that?

Astrotrain99
2013-10-25, 05:32 PM
I remember TC84 and Redstreak as well, and I believe I went to the Botcon to which A-Train99 refers as well, but I don't remember them much for some reason. I do recall meeting Professor Smooth a few times though. Last I recall he moved to Japan or something like that?

Yeah that was OTFCC 2004. That year was just me & Redstreak ( TC84 didn't come that year and we were supposed to room with Transfans Reflector but he no-showed ).

You and Greg drove up in a rental car if I remember that year and hung out several times. I think we hung out with the guy that owns Seibertron.com in his room at one point and remember seen Prof. Smooth there at that point.

Cyberstrike nTo
2013-10-26, 09:29 PM
Jason left because he was a crazy ass psycho, he thought we were all out to get him and he thought it was ok for him to be an asshole to everyone. So I banned him. Felt good too.

Yeah I remember that whole deal with him feeling that Micheal Jackson got off the second child molestration case because he was a celebraity and that and if he was on jury even though he read about the case and followed the TV reports, he could have been on the jury and still been open-minded and even though he knew he was guilty. Or something like that.

His goodbye thread after that was classic. :)

Viewfind
2013-11-06, 12:31 AM

Hi all. ^_^

Last time I spoke to him he said he sold his whole collection of Transformers.

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-11-06, 06:45 PM
and there's one of my favourite sigs I ever made. Hey Viewfind! :clap:

Viewfind
2013-11-06, 08:46 PM
Hello sir!

Sades
2013-11-08, 01:42 AM
sir

Heh...

Viewfind
2013-11-08, 03:08 AM
Seems legit.

Sades
2013-11-08, 03:21 AM
That's Warp...

Too legit. Too legit to quit.

(You're singing it in your head now...)

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-11-27, 06:23 PM
That's Warp...

Too legit. Too legit to quit.

(You're singing it in your head now...)

If I knew the song, I probably would be. Also, totally legit.

Though you promised you'd removed all the cameras now :(

Savannahtron
2013-11-29, 02:41 AM
Heheh, TFA is still my favorite, though I do not post much, about once a year. Try to do a review here and there. Good to see all of you on here again. I used to love all of the forum posts.

Blaster
2013-12-12, 09:28 AM
Sorry I'm late.

TFArchive MIAs Canadian Regiment reporting in.

So this is why Viewfind popped up again. Neat!

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-12-12, 09:17 PM
Right, the lot of you. Back in the cupboard, now!!

inflatable dalek
2013-12-12, 09:28 PM
Cupboard?

I thought it was the closet they were all in.

Blaster
2013-12-13, 03:08 AM
That's where I keep my corset, so I'd be happy there.

Addl
2013-12-16, 04:56 AM
Out out everybody, as long as the doors and drawers are open!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*runs out of room in direction of kitchen where they used to store the beer*

Sades
2013-12-16, 09:17 AM
Out out everybody, as long as the doors and drawers are open!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*runs out of room in direction of kitchen where they used to store the beer*

Sorry Addl, that's where we keep the baby bottles and antacids now...

Plasmodium
2013-12-29, 10:48 AM

Hi all. ^_^

=-0

Is this the thread for Necromancers?

StoneCold Skywarp
2013-12-29, 09:23 PM
holy mother of pearl!!

another tf fan
2014-01-02, 05:56 AM
I got ten years registered here.

Aye carumba.

To the original poster, I happen to listen to TFYLP

Shrapnel Clone
2014-01-11, 06:48 PM
Newb!

linda731
2014-01-22, 06:15 AM
ten years is really amazing.

angloconvoy
2014-01-22, 01:57 PM
I do recall meeting Professor Smooth a few times though. Last I recall he moved to Japan or something like that?

Last I heard he was living in Fukuoka, down on one of the southern islands. That was years back though.

Slayer-Fan123
2014-01-23, 10:21 PM
I haven't been here 10 years. I've been here for some time though.

HeavyArms
2014-01-25, 06:07 AM
In a few weeks, I would have been here about 9 years.

CounterPunch
2014-01-27, 04:51 PM
I feel like a coma patient who's just woken up after a decade long slumber and gone "I remember you... And I remember you..."

I was never a major contributor to the community in the 12 years I've been here(2nd Jan 2002 represent!) Mainly because I was 14 when I joined and to be honest a bit of an argumentative pr*** back in the day. It's sometimes weird when these kinds of threads pop up with the old gang coming out of their little holes, cos I'm like the kid peering through the window outside... BUT, I do remember Redstreaks craziness :)

Weirdwolf and Monzo
2014-01-31, 12:16 AM
Last I heard he was living in Fukuoka, down on one of the southern islands. That was years back though.

Ah, so he actually DID move to Japan? When he said he was going to do so at that last OTFCC (I believe it was the last one in Chicago), I asked him what he planned to do over there and he had no idea. Kind of like "I'll find something when I get there." I was of the inkling that he was only kidding/toying with the idea about moving there. Not sure what he is doing now, but wish him the best.