PDA

View Full Version : I am a Shameless Christmas Whore.

inflatable dalek
2013-12-06, 07:04 PM
...But, as I don't create a thread for my every site update (just my subtle and discreet signatures) I think I can get away with it just this once.

Over on my blog I'm doing a bit of an experiment for me, a Christmas Quiz with actual prizes. No idea how well it will or won't go down, but I thought it'd be worth a punt. The questions aren't intended to be ball breakingly hard though, it's just a bit of seasonal fun covering the comics I've run through in the last year, so if people want to have a crack they're more than welcome to join in:

http://thesolarpool.weebly.com/2013-christmas-quiz.html

And just so this isn't all just about me, Lew Stringer is selling some Transformers era-Combat Colin art on Ebay, I'd have nowhere to put it but that's a pretty cool thing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-PENCIL-ART-for-complete-COMBAT-COLIN-serial-TRANSFORMERS-3-PAGES-/200997253623?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item2ecc5eb1f7

EDIT: Though err... as it's an ongoing thing it'd be nice if people didn't give away any answers in this thread until January. Obvious I know, but it's the sort of daft thing I'd do.

Auntie Slag
2013-12-06, 09:37 PM
Blimey guv', there's some right tough questions in there an' no mistake.

Tougher than my Christmas turkey, naar-mean?

Skyquake87
2013-12-06, 10:14 PM
i was thinking the same...its all proper and everything!

inflatable dalek
2013-12-07, 01:55 PM
And I was worried I'd made them too easy.

Skyquake87
2013-12-07, 11:49 PM
I can't speak for Auntie Slag, but I'm just a bit dim. Spent most of today wondering what day it was and whether these were my shoes...I think I've got six of these, at least.

inflatable dalek
2013-12-09, 08:12 PM
Well, if you enter right now you'd have a 50% chance of winning.

Summerhayes
2013-12-11, 01:25 PM
Couldn't see "mas Whore" when I first saw this thread so I thought you were announcing yourself as the messiah.

I'm give this a go, should be fun. I'm sure I'll do a crap job but oh well...

inflatable dalek
2014-01-01, 01:46 PM
And the results, this wasn't hugely successful with only two entries (though God bless you Skyquake, and BOOOOOOOO to Summerhayes), thankfully the winner was a high scoring 10 out of 12 though.

Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained (James Roberts *CLANG* joked on twitter about how hard the questions were which may have been the problem), and here's the results, plus Battle Beneath the Ice!

Happy new year:

http://thesolarpool.weebly.com/1/post/2014/01/happy-new-yearchristmas-quiz-results.html

Auntie Slag
2014-01-01, 03:32 PM
Christ, I've looked at the answers and I STILL wouldn't have had a chance in hell! How did you think those were easy?

When you do this next year with James' soul as prize I hope the questions haven't evolved into something like: During Prime's mass displacement, at what out of town outlet parking bay was Huffer staying (code AND row)?

Seriously man, I've only been reading Transformers for the last 29 years, so I'd appreciate it if it you had some more among the level of: What colour is Sideswipe?

And it's Mike Kazybrid, not Kazybird. I reckon I should get the prize for that :)

Skyquake87
2014-01-01, 04:16 PM
Yay me with 8 out 12! I'm quite pleased with that. I liked that the questions were quite tough...but SO OBVIOUS when I think about it now.

I had fun taking part, and my mum always tells me that's what counts.

Auntie Slag
2014-01-01, 04:21 PM
I wanna be a evil deception.

Rack 'n Ruin
2014-01-01, 04:43 PM
What colour is Sideswipe?

Easy peasy! Red. Or black. Or silver. Or sometimes blue. Oh tits, not that easy...

inflatable dalek
2014-01-01, 09:32 PM
Christ, I've looked at the answers and I STILL wouldn't have had a chance in hell! How did you think those were easy?

Apart from a few thrown in specifically to be just "Go look at the comic" and one dealing with my constant 10 year obsession with that Geoff Senior panel most were stuff that has come up in the blog over the last year. It was really a test of how much you loved me. Now I know. :(

Though if anything Skyquake loves me a little bit too much. I'm scared now.

And it's Mike Kazybrid, not Kazybird. I reckon I should get the prize for that :)

Unfortunately I actually take points away for the pedantic pointing out of typos. With the Decepions one that leaves you with a final tally of -2.

Auntie Slag
2014-01-01, 11:15 PM
Yay, that must mean I win a Huffer toy! +2 if he has goggles!

Skyquake87
2014-01-02, 10:13 AM
Though if anything Skyquake loves me a little bit too much. I'm scared now.

don't be! I'm lovely :D