PDA

View Full Version : Weird Firefox/Hotmail situation seeks solution

Notabot
2013-12-29, 01:17 AM
So on Hotmail, for a while Firefox wouldn't remember any login names or passwords. Then a while back, it remembered both my name/PW and my wife's. Then it wouldn't autofill my password, but my name came up on a pulldown when I started typing it. Now, neither my name nor password are remembered or autofilling, but my wife has both name and password. Strange, or am I missing something obvious?

katelara
2014-02-04, 10:12 AM
Hi there! I'm a spamming twat! LOL LOL LOL LOL!

Cliffjumper
2014-02-04, 11:40 AM
My phone's browser randomly opens this 'linkbucks' page totally at random. I could be opening twitter or tfarchive or whatever and it will show up randomly. It's not that often, but I know for a certain fact that twitter and the archive at least will not install such an obnoxious fake-looking ad.

http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=52297

You are shit at spam. We will find you, cut you up and leave your remains in a bin.

Blackjack
2014-02-04, 01:42 PM

Did that guy just quote me to spam the site? Like seriously?

Or is that the spyware talking?

Cliffjumper
2014-02-04, 03:27 PM
Yeh, your exact post taken from the concurrent topic. Silly spammer.

Warcry
2014-02-04, 03:59 PM
Yeah, that's the latest thing for spammers/bots. I guess they figure it makes their posts less suspicious somehow.

It would probably work on a site with really, really high traffic where people can be counted on to not see the original post, but a smaller board like this? Not so much.

Denyer
2014-02-04, 07:22 PM
Same problem on a fresh portable copy of Firefox? If not, may be time to start clean profiles.