PDA

View Full Version : TF Masterpiece real from fake

nightviper1
2014-01-11, 09:11 AM
Hi there everyone
I m new here and just started collecting transformers masterpiece and have a few question hoping someone can help me
I know there are Ko version out there but where does one go to find this list and if not does anyone know what one were copied? I see that some price on ebay for masterpiece are way cheaper then here in america are these one all fakes?

Knightdramon
2014-01-11, 03:58 PM
Best of my knowledge

MP12 and 14 [Sideswipe and Red Alert] have been made into KO.

MP15 and 16 [all 4 tapes] have also been made KO.

I do not know how to tell them apart, besides the fact that apparently KO Red Alert comes with Sideswipe's additional accessories in red.

On the prices, while obviously a tell-tale thing, do not be so quick to discern between prices in the US and in Asia. Retailers in Asia don't have to import the goods into their country, so there's no mark up to the price.

Denyer
2014-01-11, 06:53 PM
I think this was the vid I watched on the tells of the Lambor KO;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpe5_3UxJpU

(From memory, slightly different head sculpt and the packaging doesn't include all of the Autobot symbols -- plus the instruction layout indicated they've been recomposed rather than simply copied.)

Didn't realise the MP tapes had been knocked off. Promising for when the bootleggers get their hands on a Ratbat to copy.

The Datsun mould is generally cheaper than the Lamborghini, unless you're happy to go for one of the releases that aren't in the original red colour. The relative scarcity of that one versus demand is probably a big part of what got it bootlegged in the first place.

nightviper1
2014-01-12, 05:00 PM
thanks for the info guys