PDA

View Full Version : G2 Comic by Fleetway UK

Ryan F
2014-01-21, 09:55 PM
I've probably got the same set of scans of these comics as everyone else. But with the actual physical copies rarer than rocking-horse poo, I'm looking for a bit more info on them - if anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

I understand that each issue had a both gatefold cover and a centrefold, but what was the total pagecount of each issue? As well as the strips and posters etc. we can see in the scans, how many pages of ads were there?

If anyone out there has a copy of a random issue and can rattle me off a table of contents, it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

inflatable dalek
2014-01-24, 02:40 PM
I don't have my issues to hand right now, but based on a quick glance through my own scans Mr. Denyer kindly did for me for when my blog gets that far...

Issue 1, 2 and 5 all have 24 pages, perhaps surprisingly with no adverts. The gatefold spread (which in issues 1 and 5 is a poster and issue 2 a maze quiz thing) are on pages 11-14.

on issues 1 and 2 the cover folds out and has four character profiles on the flip side, for issue 5 this is replaced by the start of the comic strip at the front and the letters page/it never ends poster at the back (at least according to the editorial, I've never owned a copy of this one myself).

The editorial is on the first regular page, but where the letters page would normally go I'm not sure as one of the three issues I have scans of has it. Possibly where the competion/toy checklist are placed in the first two on the last regular page?

Denyer
2014-01-24, 08:32 PM
I think I've got 3 and 4 waiting... will see if a rush-job's feasible and pass info to Stu.

Ryan F
2014-01-24, 08:34 PM
Thanks, guys, I really appreciate it!

inflatable dalek
2014-01-25, 09:16 AM
I think I've got 3 and 4 waiting... will see if a rush-job's feasible and pass info to Stu.

*Clenches Cyber Fist*

EXCELLENT.

More generally, I quite like the UK G2 stuff, it's completely different from the US series (to the point it was basically suicidal to introduce such severe mood whiplash by switching to the reprints) but good silly kids fun.