PDA

View Full Version : UK G1 comic issues 27 & 28

Ryan F
2014-02-06, 07:29 PM
On the front covers of these issues, what the hell is that in the cover corner box?

Looks like a still from the cartoon, but I can't identify it. I thought it might be from the space battle in episode 1, but having checked that episode, it looks like I was wrong. Anyone got any ideas as to what the image is, or it's source?

Cliffjumper
2014-02-06, 08:49 PM
It looks like the Ark under attack to me... Resolution and frame rate are against me but it looks like the first few seconds of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9-7RjhFzpM - the original commercial which was heavily mined by the UK comic for posters. Doesn't look like a perfect match but close enough to hint at the same source IMO.

Ryan F
2014-02-06, 09:18 PM
Brilliant, great find.

It clearly is an image ripped straight from the opening seconds of that ad, but mirrored so that the ship is firing to the right, instead of the left.

Cheers!

inflatable dalek
2014-02-06, 09:31 PM
That's worryingly interesting for a corner box, I'd always just sort of vaguely assumed it was some sort of all purpose Marvel UK image they tended to stick in those corner boxes when nothing specific was to hand, as it didn't seem to be anything more than a generic spaceship and generic sun (I didn't even spot the Ark).