PDA

View Full Version : Favorite board screen name?

Aero Blade
2014-05-08, 05:18 AM
The thought's been rattling around in my head for a while, so I guess it's time to make a topic. This being a Transformers-based board, most of us wind up with names related to the series somehow, from locations, official names, what not. There are a few gems out there however, and I'm interested to know what perks you guys up when you visit the board and see that name on the active members list that makes your day.

For me, that's seeing a crowd of transformer characters, and somewhere in the middle the words "inflatable dalek". The first time I saw this name, I busted out laughing. The whimsical mental image of an angry, nearly indestructible alien tank chasing down the Doctor, only to snag itself on a sharp edge and then go flying around the room like a deflating balloon. It gives me such joy every time I read it. To you, sir or madam, wonderful name job, brilliant.

Now how about for you guys? Is there a name you see on the board that makes you smile, or wish you'd thought of it?

Sades
2014-05-08, 05:26 AM
I only smile when I don't see certain people on the board.

And

Hound's username is boring! Hound is boring!

inflatable dalek
2014-05-08, 07:52 AM
I was thinking the other week when I realised I'd been here ten years, that the inflatable dalek for which I am named, along with the bookcase and no doubt most of the room alongside it in my avatar (which unlike some of you flim flam people I have loyally kept to for the entire time I've had a custom one) no longer exist. Shame. I really loved that bookcase.

I also love Slag's screen name. It gives me filthy thoughts.

Clay
2014-05-08, 09:46 PM
Hey, I've had the same avatar for something like five years now. That's a commitment too!

Rack'n'Ruin's user title, "Unregistered User", has always cracked me up. And we had a fellow show up with the name "Inaction Master" for a time, but I think he's gone back to lurking.

As for myself, my previous forum handles on boards dedicated to first-person-shooters was "Meat Shield", but that didn't really seem appropriate for a Transformers site. So I just used my name.

Auntie Slag
2014-05-09, 08:57 AM
... It gives me filthy thoughts.

Ha ha! I love it too you tart! :smokin:

Although it wasn't my original name here, I had to get it changed. I still love my original name, but this one I love more.

I like Very Tired, Seaspray (it conjures up such cool images of a bright blue and yellow guy scanning the message board), Another TF Fan is a good one. Inflatable Dalek is of course sublime. I also love and miss seeing the names Slartibartfast and Aardvark. They were very amusing posters. And Wildrider, his slogan was 'the left leg of evil'. Superb.

And finally the incredible blandness of Superion639. It cracks me up. He needs some sort of award.

inflatable dalek
2014-05-09, 02:51 PM
Ah, Aardvark, he and I were the real first couple of the Archive years before Hound brainwashed Sades (or was it the other way round?).

Slarti had a great name as well, I hope he's now President of France or something.

Auntie Slag
2014-05-09, 04:46 PM
He's gonna have to depose President Emmental first.

Cliffjumper
2014-05-09, 08:26 PM
We used to have a guy called Prowel who would steadfastly refer to Prowl as Prowel at all times; never figured out if he was dumb or just determined not to let Roger registering the name in 1704 stop him.

Though obviously the winner is JEFF STEELE. There is no possible board category he wouldn't dominate, he's the mother****ing Gone With the Wind of TF Archive.

inflatable dalek
2014-05-09, 10:01 PM
I'm still not sure who jeff steele is.

Sades
2014-05-10, 03:37 AM
I thought my username was pretty imaginative. I choose mine. Even if it came from someone else.

Ah, Aardvark, he and I were the real first couple of the Archive years before Hound brainwashed Sades (or was it the other way round?).

We both share the blame in that one.

And we both wear the pants.

At the same time.

Because we're both too goddamn stubborn to take turns.

inflatable dalek
2014-05-10, 07:20 PM
I thought my username was pretty imaginative. I choose mine. Even if it came from someone else.

Saysadie was better though.